Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Wizards of the Coast Bug Report Megathread

Edited 1536507571
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I had issues this morning with the creature "Spore Servent (Template)" from the MM1 5e compendium. The sheet wouldn't load. I use the Shaped Sheet, but pretty much everything else usually loads in on the shaped sheet without issues. Here's a screenshot if that helps:
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
My screenshot also wouldn't load here. Not sure why that is, either.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
OK, scratch that, NONE of the Monster Manual compendium items are dragging and dropping onto my table with their sheets. I'm getting an error for everything I try now. I did successfully drag and drop a Banshee right before this started to happen, but now nothing drags and drops with a sheet. I don't get an error message, but the sheet gets stuck in a loading mode with the message that if this happens longer than 15 seconds (it's ongoing) to report it to the issue tracker. I posted here because the Monster Manual Thread is closed. If these issues need to be moved somewhere else, please do (and let me know where I need to post this type of error now that the bug reporting sheet from the repository thread is closed) Thanks!  :)
Hi Munky! A few questions for you: Does this happen in all games or just a few particular games? Could you include the console log capturing when you drop some of these creatures on the VTT? If you drag the creature on to the broken sheet, does it populate properly? Thank you!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
You're in the right place Munky! :)
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
[SRD] Remorhaz:Swallow which fall prone in a space within 10 feet oft he remorhaz.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fixed, thanks for flagging :) Brian C. said: [SRD] Remorhaz:Swallow which fall prone in a space within 10 feet oft he remorhaz.

Edited 1538927482
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
[SRD] Assassin Sneak Attack: Damage should be 14 (4d6); ft. should be spelled out Shortsword: does not say the DC is 15 or what damage is halved by the successful save. Even if the poison damage is limited by where it fits on the NPC character sheet, the text of the attack and the compendium entry should read like the SRD if possible and end with a period. Light Crossbow: Same as shortsword.
The trap in area 3 of the Redbrand Hideout map in Lost Mine of Phandelver is by default on the the token layer / is visible to players instead of being on the GM layer. 
As some one had previously pointed out in the CoS bug thread, the handout for the Haunted One background only gives choice of one skill instead of two. The correction by WotC is here for reference:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.sageadvice.eu/tag/errata/" rel="nofollow">https://www.sageadvice.eu/tag/errata/</a> &nbsp;
I am having issues trying to figure out what the best practices are with advanced fog of war in the CoS adventure. When I enable AFoW on a map with dynamic lighting enabled, enforce LoS, and restrict movement checked I get NPC tokens leaving holes in the AFoW maps for my PCs. I assume this is because "emits light" has a value by default? Should I just remove that from all NPC tokens? I also thought that "has sight" should have been removed for performance issues?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
John - As you are the GM, you will see "holes" in the AFoW that your players will not. The way Darkvision works on the VTT is by the "emits light" setting, that only that token can see. As the GM, you see everything all tokens see, so that is why there appears to be holes in the AFoW.&nbsp; "Has Sight" should be removed, I will confirm
Trivia- I can see the AFoW "hole" as a GM, if I click a PC token and hit ctrl-L and also if I click re-join as a player.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Correct! If you were to join on a separate Roll20 account however, that was only a player, the vision be different. As you are GM, the tokens "belong" to you, their affects to AFoW remain :)
Trivia- Thanks for the clarification, I will have to give that a try. I do think ctrl-L fails at its use of "Viewing A Singular Token's View of the Tabletop" as well as "re-join as a player" then.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported Elsewhere : Richard K. &nbsp;said: I have looked on the forums and have not seen anything on the scale issue for this map. At the current scale the grid is 4 times to large. So all the tokens are effectively 20' instead 5'. The town should be be 1540' across not 385'. How do I fix this scaling issue?

Edited 1539785154
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
John S-- Ctrl-L is primarily to check line of sight for a given token. Re-Join as Player is following the rules for token ownership (the VTT has no way of knowing which player you would like to rejoin as), and is often used for a user who has created a game for a friend to run for him/her. To get absolute fidelity, you would need to sign in as a specific player. Some players create a dummy account for this purpose (and many others ), assigning token ownership as appropriate.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Richard K:&nbsp; The Greenest map could not be efficiently and accurately set up due to its large size. The actual resolution of the map image itself would have been unreadable at size, as well as being a huge load on the game. As I believe iit is noted in the module, that map page is not optimized for encounters, and we recommend copying and pasting over encounters into the Random Battle Map, or another map of your choice.&nbsp; John S: I totally understand your confusion, and we do have a failure of definitions specifically in regards to Advanced Fog of War. I've escalated this up the chain to make sure we have eyes on documentation for the future. We appreciate your feedback :)
Trivia &amp; Keithcurtis - Thank you both for taking the time to help me understand how it all works as well as the advice on how to best use it all.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported Elsewhere : Bernd S. &nbsp;said: Since unfortunately the Curse of Strahd bug report thread has been closed, I add my stuff here. First peek into the module was the overland map of Barovia where 'The Mad Mage' is in the Svalich Woods. His sheet is set up incorrectly: GLOBAL MAGIC ATTACK MODIFIER = 9 SPELL SAVE DC MOD = 2 This leads to +18 Attack instead of +9 and DC 19 instead of DC 17 spells. I guess all other sheets are also incorrect?! These modifiers have simply to be switched off. Yeah: :-( Barovian Witch: GLOBAL MAGIC ATTACK MODIFIER = 4 Cult Fanatic: GLOBAL MAGIC ATTACK MODIFIER = 3 Druid: GLOBAL MAGIC ATTACK MODIFIER = 4 ... All spellcasters are wrong! I don't think that I want to set up everything new. Please patch!

Edited 1539911367
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
BIG PATCH DAY :) All spellcasting should be fixed on the following modules. Please continue to report any issues. Thank you! Rrakkma Patch Notes 1.2 Added Spellcasting for relevant NPCs Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 Storm King's Thunder Patch 2.0 Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 Hoard of the Dragon Queen Patch 1.2 Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 Forge of Fury Patch Notes for 1.4 All Maps - Dynamic lighting redrawn and optimised for Advanced Fog of War and more general improved performance. Some areas include additional pink Dynamic Lighting lines as Advanced Fog of War may reveal too much map to the players. These should be deleted when no longer necessary. Updated spell casting for Snurrevin, Nimira, Kaarghaz, Orc Eye of Gruumsh and Priest to use the new options on the OGL character sheet. Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 Rise of Tiamat Patch 1.1 Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 Against the Giants Patch 1.3 Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 Sunless Citadel Patch1.5 Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 White Plume Mountain Patch 1.5 Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 Tomb Of Horrors Patch Notes for 1.4 Map re-aligned to the grid. Dynamic lighting entirely redrawn to reduce bugs and increase performance. 'Mist Curtains' now block line of sight to avoid revealing an empty room beyond. Several 'patches' added to the map layer to conceal map secrets&nbsp; Optional Enounters added to GM layer Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan Patch 1.5 Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 Dead in Thay Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 Lost Mine of Phandelver Patch 1.4 Journal Major restructure of handouts to reflect more recent Roll20 Production Standards: Re-arranged content to bring essential items to the top of the journal. Consolidated GM information for ease of access. Added handouts for Battle Map Scale, Game Settings, Module Shortcuts, NPC Initiative &amp; Encounter Tables Reorganised items between 'Named NPCs' and 'Bestiary' to better reflect the content Moved 'Campaign Conclusion' from 'Overview of Act 4' to a new handout to better represent the source material. NPCs &amp; Monsters Assigned 'Commoner' statblock to the Villagers of Phandalin, and the Rockseeker Brothers, for ease of use. Adjusted Flameskull statblock to reflect modifications in source material. Corrected Zombie statblock Wisdom save. Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 Rollable Tables &amp; Macros Added Rollable Table and Macro for the Wave Echo Wandering Monster table. Maps Corrected error in Wave Echo Cave. Adjusted Grid settings on Cragmaw Hideout and Ruins of Thundertree&nbsp; Curse of Strahd Patch 1.4 Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4 Storm King's Thunder Patch 2.0 Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
[SRD] Gynosphinx Claw attack should be +8 to hit.

Edited 1540038027
[Curse of Strahd] Strahd of Zarovich I experience a strange behavior with the sheet: only the hp formula is given, no actual hp. If I change this and add the 144hp to the sheet, after a while this 144hp has gone and I have to change it again and again. It's just a minor issue, but I use token-mod for adjusting the bars and use '@{selected|hp|max}'. That works fine for all sheets except Strahd because hp|max disappears after a while.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported elsewhere : Seb &nbsp;said: The creature 'Zuggtmoy' is missing her psuedopod attack from her available attacks in the actions macros.She is going to have a harder time ruling the Temple of Elemental Evil without it.

Edited 1540063938
Seb
Pro
In response to Keith's suggestion from the other thread to mention which book she is found in, Zuggtmoy is indeed found in Mordenkainen's Tomb of Foes.
In trying to access Volo's Guide to Monster from within two games, in particular searching for fear and clicking on Beholder's Fear Ray, the popout remains blanks for a while then I get Gateway time-out Error reference 504&nbsp; Browser working Cloudfare working&nbsp; Roll20 Error.
Looking at your game, it appears the AC and HP fields have been fiddled with somehow: the "hp" field looks like it is set to be the AC at 16/0 for bar 1 bar 2 shows 144/144 but is marked "none" Are these what you are noting as reverting back? If so, I would make sure you set them up how you want them to look, then you will need to make sure that you open the Strahd von Zarovich sheet, click edit, remove the current default token, and re-save the selected strahd token with the correct changes as the new default. Bernd S. said: [Curse of Strahd] Strahd of Zarovich I experience a strange behavior with the sheet: only the hp formula is given, no actual hp. If I change this and add the 144hp to the sheet, after a while this 144hp has gone and I have to change it again and again. It's just a minor issue, but I use token-mod for adjusting the bars and use '@{selected|hp|max}'. That works fine for all sheets except Strahd because hp|max disappears after a while.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Jim C. - Thank you for the report! Some Compendium pages have been returning back 504 errors and we have been investigating them as this happens. We appreciate knowing which ones this is affecting.&nbsp;
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
<a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Madness#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Madness#content</a> Long-term Madness 96-100 isn't on its own line.

Edited 1540552937
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for flagging, that has been fixed now :) Brian C. said: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Madness#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Madness#content</a> Long-term Madness 96-100 isn't on its own line.

Edited 1540572636
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
We have logged a bug for Storm King's Thunder showing the depreciated spell section from a prior version of the 5E sheet. This does not affect module functionality, but is still being looked into. Lost Mines of Phandelver is currently clearing custom macros upon update. For now, we recommend creating a copy of the game for easy copy and paste transfer of macros in case of loss. We are also looking into this issue.&nbsp;

Edited 1541704110
Lost Mine of Phandelver On the character sheets, when add dex tiebreaker to initiative is checked, the initiative on the core tab changes to a decimal.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Matt - We're looking into it!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Matt - That is the intended function of the Initiative Tie Breaker, it allows a decimal as well, so it can effectively break ties.&nbsp; (Instead of two people having a 14, one has a 14.6 and the other a 14.4, so now the tie is broken) Thanks for checking in! :)
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
[5e SRD] Wyvern does not have its Bite attack when dragged onto an empty 5e OGL creature's NPC sheet.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
[5e SRD] The troll has the MM Loathsome Limbs variant in the compendium. It is not available in the SRD.
Curse of Strahd, Backgrounds My apologies if this is in the wrong section. I recently purchased The Curse of Strahd module, and I must say, great job on adding it to Roll20! I did wonder when I couldn't use Character Background: The Haunted One in the charactermancer or find it in the compendium. Is this intended behaviour, or am I simply missing something somewhere?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Brian - Looking into Wyvern, Troll has been updated. Thanks! Stefarling - Currently character options from modules are not integrated into the Charactermancer, as they have no Compendium integration. This is something on our radar, however! Glad you like the module :)
Hi Brian! Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this behavior on my end (either by dragging the SRD version directly onto the table or into an NPC sheet). Could you confirm if this is still happening for you? If so could you please provide a console log of your attempt after making sure to remove all instances of "Wyvern" from your game. Brian C. said: [5e SRD] Wyvern does not have its Bite attack when dragged onto an empty 5e OGL creature's NPC sheet. Trivia said: Brian - Looking into Wyvern, Troll has been updated. Thanks!
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Drespar said: Hi Brian! Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this behavior on my end (either by dragging the SRD version directly onto the table or into an NPC sheet). Could you confirm if this is still happening for you? If so could you please provide a console log of your attempt after making sure to remove all instances of "Wyvern" from your game. Brian C. said: [5e SRD] Wyvern does not have its Bite attack when dragged onto an empty 5e OGL creature's NPC sheet. Trivia said: Brian - Looking into Wyvern, Troll has been updated. Thanks! Hi Drespar, Looks like it was a one-off bug. I had to add the bite attack to my first wyvern, but it worked correctly in an empty game.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported Elsewhere : Jonathan S. &nbsp;said: Im GMing a Curse of Strahd Game and I decided to beef up Ireena because homebrew plot reasons? I gave her a few spells but afterwards the entire statblock of her sheet is just gone. The Tab is there between bio &amp;info and Attributes and abilities. Refreshing the page doesnt work, duplicating the NPC doesnt work, my next step is gonna have to be reverse engineering her from a Noble If i have to. Is this a Roll20 Database issue?&nbsp; Any idea what caused this/how to reverse this?&nbsp;&nbsp;
Trivia said: Brian - Looking into Wyvern, Troll has been updated. Thanks! Stefarling - Currently character options from modules are not integrated into the Charactermancer, as they have no Compendium integration. This is something on our radar, however! Glad you like the module :) Thank you for the reply! Looking forward to seeing what else pops up on the radar! :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported elsewhere : Duane C. &nbsp;said: The following wording for Giant Spider bite attack is not correct: " &nbsp; Hit:&nbsp; (1d8 + 3) piercing damage plus (2d8)poison damage. The target must make a dc on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one &nbsp;"
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported Elsewhere : Vic &nbsp;said: Hello In the Legendary Actions sections of Rezmir's stat block, there is an error. It should say If she is wearing the&nbsp; Black Dragon Mask , Rezmir can take up to two legendary actions between each of her turns, taking the actions all at once or spreading them over the round. A legendary action can be taken only at the start or end of a turn. Rezmir has the following legendary action options, some of which expend more than one action when taken: At the moment it doesn't include the Black Dragon Mask limitation. Thanks
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Reported elsewhere : Wunder &nbsp;said: Hi, apologies if there is a concentrated thread for this, the previous one I posted in got automatically locked and I didn't see one on the front page. I posted about this issue&nbsp; 4 months ago , has there been any fix applied? I'm still getting duplicate pages in the search bar (ex. "Mounting and Dismounting") and both options lead me to an error page where no matching pages were found. I have to manually search mounting and dismounting to be re-directed to the page. As a somewhat separate but tangential issue, is it possible to view certain pages in their entirety as they are presented in the SRD? For example clicking on Combat with the PHB bought, you're presented with the splash page of Combat and have to manually tab through each page, while someone without the PHB bought has the entire combat section presented to them for perusal.&nbsp; It's a bit silly that the functionality of the out of game compendium seems to have worsened by purchasing the PHB and it has made quickly searching for rules extremely tedious.

Edited 1543276455
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Lost Mine of Phandelver - Patch 1.5 Updated text handout that referenced a different module Added Battle Map texture to the Random Battle Map Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Patch 1.3 Updated Rezmir's Legendary Actions to include the Black Dragon Mask options.
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Does the new update for lmop clear the macro like the previous one? :D
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Storm King's Thunder Report From here: The art for the character Pow Ming has disappeared and been replaced with generic art, instead of the character specific art. Would it be possible to put it back?

Edited 1551793528
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
SRD Air Elemental speed should be " 0 ft., fly 90 ft. (hover)" Rug of Smothering Smother target should be " one M edium or smaller creature" Smother should do 0 damage and have the following text: The creature is grappled ( escape DC 13 ) . Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained, blinded, and at risk of suffocating, and the rug can’t smother another target. In addition, at the start of each of the target’s turns, the target takes 10 (2d6 + 3) bludgeoning damage .
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Lost Mines of Phandelver has been updated: Small text fix on handout 10 ft maps settings updated for future usability updates Light radius removed from map images