Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Wizards of the Coast Bug Report Megathread

Edited 1580310265
Yes. One said the could see it while they dragged it, but it disappears once they place it on the map again
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Best guess: Make sure your map is on the map layer and the tokens are on the token layer.
Everything is on the correct layer. I've made my own maps and never had an issue. It's just the premade maps in stahd that they cant see
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you post a screen shot of what they are seeing? Or if you want to PM me a join link and bump me to GM level, I'd be happy to poke around and see if I can discover the cause. Or of course, if you prefer, you can wait for a dev. I'm just a Motivated Citizen.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Julian and Keith - Investigated and solved. Players need sight checked (it's easiest to do this on default tokens), as well as "emits light" if they're carrying a light source or have darkvision. Thank you for your report Julian, and thank you for your help Keith!
In the Dragon of Icespire peak/Essentials kit: On the Woodland Manse map, the room-marker for w11 is missing on the lower map. (workaround is to copy it from the upper map, so no big problem really)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ashton said: Julian and Keith - Investigated and solved. Players need sight checked (it's easiest to do this on default tokens), as well as "emits light" if they're carrying a light source or have darkvision. Thank you for your report Julian, and thank you for your help Keith! Thanks Ashton. It's hard to tell what the problem might be without getting your hands into it. :)
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Jens - Great catch, I'll add this to the list for the next Essentials Kit patch. Thank you for your report!
Moving report here: Terrelle S.  said: Hello! Map L "Hexholm" in the addon  Tactical Maps: Adventure Atlas  seems to be set to have dynamic lighting enabled, however the map itself doesn't have any dynamic lighting borders drawn on the map.  Is it supposed to? Thanks! Terrelle
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi all, a bunch of patches today! Thank you all for your reports and patience. D&D Essentials Kit Patch 1.2 Added map marker W11 to Woodland Manse map Tomb of Annihilation Patch 1.7 Acererak's GM Notes in Bio & Info section updated. Ghosts of Saltmarsh Patch 1.3 Bites (swarm has more than half HP) attack added to Swarm of Insects Tactical Maps Adventure Atlas Patch 1.1 Dynamic lighting and token placement updated on Hexholm map
Thanks for the quick response to my previous bug reports. Today I seem to have found an error in a couple of statblocks from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. There's several statblocks for nobles of various diabolical cults (Noble of Baphomet, Dispater, etc.), however each of these has the text of the Noble's Parry ability (which is in the SRD and simply adds 2 to their AC) replaced by the text of the Noble of Dispater's Vexing Escape reaction ability.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Perses - Hi there, thank you for the report! I've updated the parry reaction on noble of Dispater, noble of Levistus, noble of Baphomet, noble of Fierna, noble of Glasya, and noble of Mammon.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Lost Mine of Phandelver Patch 1.8 Default tokens updated for all characters in "Updated Player Characters (PCs)" folder
Going to be running a group through Ironslag and noticed the maps have Global Illumination on when its supposed to be dark with dim light in some areas. Kind of annoying to have to correct the lighting manually...
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Titus - Thank you for your report! I'll add this to our to-do list for the next patch of Storm King's Thunder.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Eberron: Rising from the Last War Patch 1.2 Added player art handout for Dyrrn in the Eberron Lore section. Curse of Strahd Patch 1.7 Corrected typos throughout the text handouts. Updated creature stat blocks that were left in edit mode. Added spell links throughout the text handouts.
I pulled the sharkjaw skeleton from the compendium of D&D Tome of Beasts and it has everything correct except that it has been given resistance to bludgeoning damage instead of vulnerability to bludgeoning.    Just wanted to let you know.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Robert - I've now corrected this in our compendium! Thanks for the report.
Hi! When will be fixed the whispering roll issue in Descent Into Avernus. This problems ir really bothering me. And I had tried everything, but I just can't make my players to see my GM rollings. Sorry about my English, but I am from BR.

Edited 1582239513
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
André P. said: Hi! When will be fixed the whispering roll issue in Descent Into Avernus. This problems ir really bothering me. And I had tried everything, but I just can't make my players to see my GM rollings. Sorry about my English, but I am from BR. Hey André P. -  Can you provide me with the exact name of the game in which you noticed this? Also, can you clarify, are you saying you are having a hard time getting your rolls to show up as whispered? Or some of your rolls aren't showing up to your players correctly in general? Any additional info you can provide is appreciated!
The exact name? "Descent Into Avernus". I bought this module e everything is working fine, except by this... All of my rolls aren't showing up to my players. And I've tried to make a copy of this game, reset the cooks of my browser.. I've changed the settings (toggle whispering etc.) a lot of times. I've playing this game for two months and I just can't solve this issue. Nicholas said André P. said: Hi! When will be fixed the whispering roll issue in Descent Into Avernus. This problems ir really bothering me. And I had tried everything, but I just can't make my players to see my GM rollings. Sorry about my English, but I am from BR. Hey André P. -  Can you provide me with the exact name of the game in which you noticed this? Also, can you clarify, are you saying you are having a hard time getting your rolls to show up as whispered? Or some of your rolls aren't showing up to your players correctly in general? Any additional info you can provide is appreciated!
Hey André P. -  Would you mind specifically describing how/when these rolls are not showing up for you? Is it only when you roll from a Monster/NPC sheet? Do your rolls show up when you use the quick-roller in the Toolbar? Do they show up when you utilize an inline roll from chat, such as /roll 1d10, or something? Also, are any of these rolls showing up for you as the GM and your players are just reporting that they can't seem them? Any additional clarification you can provide here is appreciated! 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think André P might be talking about the bug that was technically fixed, but still requires a bit of a workaround to implement. From a post by Stephanie in March of last year: The bug preventing users from changing the default whisper setting was fixed on  January 8th . You should be able to change the default whisper settings and use the Apply Default Settings to all characters in your game. However, note that the default whisper on those modules is Never Whisper, so you'll need to change it to something else, like Toggle Whisper, then change it over to Never Whisper . Emphasis mine.
Nicholas said: Hey André P. -  Would you mind specifically describing how/when these rolls are not showing up for you? Is it only when you roll from a Monster/NPC sheet? Do your rolls show up when you use the quick-roller in the Toolbar? Do they show up when you utilize an inline roll from chat, such as /roll 1d10, or something? Also, are any of these rolls showing up for you as the GM and your players are just reporting that they can't seem them? Any additional clarification you can provide here is appreciated!  It happens when I roll from a monster/npc sheet. And I have tried the solution ( However, note that the default whisper on those modules is Never Whisper, so  you'll need to change it to something else, like Toggle Whisper, then change it over to Never Whisper .). I changed, saved, changed again, but it does not work. It keeps whispering my rolls from the monster sheet. 
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Storm King's Thunder Patch 2.4 Removed Global Illumination on Ironslag maps Reduced excessive nameplates from groups of monsters larger than 3 for the following maps: Nightstone, Dripping Caves, Zephyros' Tower, Goldenfields, Triboar, Beorunna's Well, Grandfather Tree, Morgur's Mound, One Stone, Shining White, Stone Stand, Old Tower, Eye of the Alkl Father, Grudd Haug Upper/Lower, Deadstone Cleft, Svardborg, Svardborg Lodges, The Krigvind, Ironslag Upper/Lower, Lyn Armaal Lvl 1/3-6, Maelstrom level 2/3, Grand Dame, Morkoth, and Lymorth's Lair 1/2 Replaced over-sized Ice Mephit on Svardborg Lodges map.
I'm currently running the Against the Giants module in Tales from the Yawning Portal and I'm confused about the map sizes. The giant tokens are all much too big to fit through the visual doors and hallways that should very clearly be big for them. When measuring the width of a giant's token using the ruler tool, the giant tokens - which are 3 squares by 3 squares, and thus should generally be 15 feet - are 30 feet wide. I've tried to mess with the settings but no matter what I do nothing seems to make it work the way I feel like it should. Am I just wrong on this and thinking into it too hard or are these maps sized incorrectly?
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Tritch - Thank you for your report! I've created a ticket for our Production team to investigate and patch Against the Giants. D&D 5e Compendium Updates Iron Golem Poison Breath action recharge text updated (MM & SRD) Gorgon condition immunities updated (MM & SRD) Bone Devil challenge rating and experience updated (MM)
Hey folks, apologies if this has been mentioned before: I noticed in Ghosts of Salt marsh that the Drowned Ascetic doesn't have multiattack. 
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Curt - Thank you for your report! I'll get that looked into. In the meantime, the compendium version is correct, so using the Drowned Ascetic from there will have the correct attacks.
Oh! Thanks for pointing that out Ashton!
I have had issues with audio/video connection using the Tyranny of Dragons Module. I made a new game using only Hoard of the Dragon Queen as the module and everything works fine, no problem. Everything also works fine in all other games. So I have a working short term solution. But If I use the entire Tyranny of Dragons module, no one can see or hear each other. No one is making any other changes, although I have also tried all of the troubleshooting tips (Everyone is using Chrome, etc). 
The Warlord from Volo's Guide to Monsters isn't complete in the Compendium. The Bio & Info tab is set up but the character/NPC sheet is blank. I spawned a new game to double check that I hadn't hosed the sheet up somehow in my usual game. Looks the same in both games.
So, I've purchased Tyranny of Dragons bundle, but it doesn't work. My players log in but we can't see or hear each other. If I run a single module (HotDQ or RoT) the audio/video works, if I run the ToD complete pack not. Any suggestions? Thank you.
I purchased Tomb of Annihilation this week and the tokens aren't showing up in Marketplace Purchases in the Art Library. The tokens are placed on the Maps already but I'd like to have access to them in my library as I move some encounters around.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Ginny and Marco - Thank you for your reports! We investigated this issue and have pushed a backend patch. Please go to the Game Details page for your game and update to the newest patch. Please let me know if you continue having issues with your audio and video in Tyranny of Dragons games! Mike - The warlord is now updated in the compendium and the character sheet should correctly drop onto the VTT. Thank you for your report! Nathan - I'll make a note of this issue and investigate. Thank you for your report!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Nathan - Tomb of Annihilation does not include a token art pack. However, you can place tokens in-game by going to the associated character sheet and dragging directly from the sidebar or by copypasting. Please let me know if you have any further issues!
I was browsing the Fighter class document in the Compendium and clicked on one of the class feature links (ASI, if I recall correctly). It took me to the marketplace page to buy the Eberron supplement. Baffling. Went back and checked. The link is to the ASI entry on the Artificer page, not to the ASI entry on the Fighter page. In fact, it looks like most of the feature links direct to the Artificer, except for the ones that direct to Xanathar's. 
Noticed that items with a weight of <1 lb and no leading zero get counted in the total as zero weight.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Will - Thank you for your report! The Roll20 compendium autolinks text to headers with the same words, no matter what book they're in within the system (so, for instance, PHB or SRD pages might link to Eberron, Ghosts of Saltmarsh, or any one of our other compendiums. I'm sorry the links weren't helpful! I'll make a note of your feedback, and you can also check out the Suggestions & Ideas forum. Adrian - I'll make a ticket for your report for our devs to investigate. Thank you for reporting!
Started a Ghosts of Saltmarsh game and added the add-ons, and I'm still missing many important NPCs. I read in previous threads that add-ons auto-eliminate duplicates once they've been added with names which is fine. However, the NPCs I'm missing are critical to the book such as:  Eda Oweland, Gellan Primewater, Eliander Fireborn, Anders Solmor, Skerrin Wavechaser, just to name a few. They're not found in any of the named/creature/monster folders. Fix for this?
I see that if you click on a monster stat block, it briefly mentions NPCs that share that same stat block. Am I expected to click through the hundreds of monster stat blocks to find the NPCs that should be in the module and then manually create each one anyways?
First things first, my English is not very good, so sorry for that, I'll try my best to explain myself:  Suddenly now on my Dungeon of the Mad Mage campaign, every time I select a token as the default token on any new character I create it appears as a 1/4 version of itself on the grid whenever I dragged it onto the field, although yesterday everything was fine. I've changed nothing, added no new macros, it just began to happen a few hours ago. I've tried to do the same on other campaigns I'm mastering and everything is ok there, I even launched a new campaign with the DotMM module and the issue seems to be on the module itself.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Christopher M - I'm sorry you're having trouble! One solution would be adding the addons one at a time as your players reach them or playing them individually in different games. The addons were constructed so that each addon could function independently. The NPCs you're looking for use generic stat blocks like commoner or guard rather than having their own separate stat block to decrease the overall amount of loading required. You can also utilize the search bar at the top of the journal sidebar to find any NPCs necessary, or optionally use shift+click to access any relevant character sheets from their associated token. I hope this helps! Sergio - The map grids in Dungeon of the Mad Mage are 10 ft. by 10 ft., so tokens may appear to be 1/4 the size they should be, but, in actuality, fill the appropriate amount of space. I just tested in a new game of Dungeon of the Mad Mage and was unable to replicate, so please let me know if this tip has solved your issue!
There is a slight bug in the Chaos Bolt spell (from Xanathar's Guide to Everything).  The primary damage is correctly set to "2d8+1d6", however it also has secondary damage to set to "1" of type "d6".  This results in a constant 1 being added to the damage rolls... The secondary damage should be removed. I already posted about this in a separate topic , but I just discovered this thread so I thought I'd post it here as well.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Alan - Thanks for your report! Chaos bolt is now functioning the way it should—2d8+1d6 damage, 1d6 additional damage on higher level, and a roll to hit.
Ashton said: Alan - Thanks for your report! Chaos bolt is now functioning the way it should—2d8+1d6 damage, 1d6 additional damage on higher level, and a roll to hit. Thanks for the quick fix!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Congrats on incorporating the errata from Wizards so quickly. I have found one inconsistency: Talking Doll. The textual portion has been fixed (addition of the word "observable", but not the formatted card below.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Keith - Updated! Thanks for your report.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks for the quick update! :)
Ghosts Of Saltmarsh - Chapter 6 - The Final Enemy - Tokens for location 37 are located in location 35 at launch. Incorrectly placed by roll20.