Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Wizards of the Coast Bug Report Megathread

The Champion archetype issue still persists... and is getting worse by my experience (I can't open it from SRD anymore either)

Edited 1574110961
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Joshua - Please report your issue (preferably with screenshots, operating system, and browser) to the 5e charactermancer bug thread . Sorry I can't be of more help, but they will be better equipped to help you there! Sorry about that, I thought this was referring to another issue, not one posted earlier in the thread! I've updated the text on the PHB version of the champion, which should now be correct.&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Subclasses:Champion?expansion=5#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Subclasses:Champion?expansion=5#content</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ashton said: Josh - Please report your issue (preferably with screenshots, operating system, and browser) to the 5e charactermancer bug thread . Sorry I can't be of more help, but they will be better equipped to help you there! The forum is not clear&nbsp;on where Compendium issues should go, and this is definitely a Compendium issue. The&nbsp; D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 (Q4Y2019) feedback thread says that it is:&nbsp; The thread for all things D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 sheet related including both the sheet itself and the Charactermancers and goes so far as to provide templates for the reporting of such bugs. The&nbsp; Bug &amp; Feedback Thread Repository &nbsp;&nbsp;directs Charactermancer issues to: Charactermancer (5th Edition OGL) Creator Feedback Thread Charactermancer (5th Edition OGL) Level Up Feedback Thread Users have no place to specifically report a Compendium typo or misdirect unless they use the: Wizards of the Coast Bug Report Megathread Which says it covers: Player's Handbook&nbsp; Dungeons &amp; Dragons SRD ... which this specific issue is concerned with.
I'm missing attributes on some of my compendium spells, ONLY if I have the source set to PHB. IF it's set to D&amp;D 5e it works.
Not sure if this belongs here as well as the bug reports general discussion. I updated to version 1.8 of DotMM and it erased a ton of map items I had added. basically set me back to zero. I had literally gone into every sub room of 5 different maps and created detailed scenes for characters to find. I had purchased content, carefully worked with placement to create effects and traps, and built plot elements within the rooms for pcs to find.&nbsp;&nbsp; I am desperately hoping that there is some way to roll this back by Friday. I have been having a real hard time and so I put a lot of time and love into building something for my players to explore. And it just got flushed right down the toilet.&nbsp;
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Seth - I'm so sorry to hear that! We recommend that before installing a patch users make a copy of their game, because significant updates to functionality can sometimes cause issues such as yours, but I make that clearer in future patch notes! Please email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.com" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.com</a> with your account details (sign-in email) and the affected game, and they should be able to help you out!
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
SRD: Half-Red Dragon Veteran is missing its hit dice when dragged onto an NPC sheet.
Ghosts of Saltmarsh: (since you closed the specific thread for reporting bugs, which isn't helpful!) Isle of the Abbey: - Complete laziness on the part of WoTC in drawing the map. Absolutely zero background elements.... Looks like this module was done on a Friday afternoon. Now I'm worried about the encounter balancing, because of the obvious lack of care in this module. - Light sources: Room descriptions generally lack any details on light sources, despite the locations being populated by humans. - Odium's token isn't named, just the default "Cult Fanatic" - No light sources (like all Saltmarsh maps), although for this specific chapter it is poorly described as well. - Map 5.3 of Abbey Ruins lacks the legend on the original map in the book, mainly an issue for knowing that the stars = statues. - Location 11: "Standing next to one another in the centre of the room are two enormous..." Except the tokens were placed in the corners.... - Location 12: "Three enormous rotting ogres..." except then the details of the room have an ogre zombie and two ghasts. Basic failure to proofread your own material WoTC...&nbsp; Those tokens should "stand close to the southern wall". Statue token should be on GM layer in the correct spot, as per room description (like done for the statue in location 13). - Location 14. Has only one statue on the map, rather than two as described (WoTC error)
Mike L. said: Ghosts of Saltmarsh: (since you closed the specific thread for reporting bugs, which isn't helpful!) Isle of the Abbey: - Complete laziness on the part of WoTC in drawing the map. Absolutely zero background elements.... Looks like this module was done on a Friday afternoon. Now I'm worried about the encounter balancing, because of the obvious lack of care in this module. - Light sources: Room descriptions generally lack any details on light sources, despite the locations being populated by humans. Hey there, we appreciate the feedback here, and Roll20's conversion team works with the materials that are provided by WotC. If you would like to submit feedback directly to WotC in regards to the maps, you can reach them via their form here: <a href="https://dnd-support.wizards.com/hc/en-us/requests/new" rel="nofollow">https://dnd-support.wizards.com/hc/en-us/requests/new</a> &nbsp;Otherwise, we appreciate the validity of the points you're making and thank you for writing in with that feedback!
Also the Abbey map wasn't set to "Restrict Movement" so the barbarian ran straight through the door. Basics!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Brian - Half-Red Dragon Veteran in the SRD should now display hit dice! Thank you for the report. Mike - Bug threads for specific products close after two months and for Wizards of the Coast products they are gathered into this megathread, so I'm glad you ended up here! The bug thread repository was updated yesterday. Thanks for your reports and I'll make sure these are brought to the attention of the team for future patches of Ghosts of Saltmarsh.

Edited 1574881589
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
SRD: Night Hag, Sea Hag, Green Hag. The coven magic is in the stat blocks, but covens are only in the monster manual, not the SRD. The spells are not filled in for innate spellcasting whereas it is for many other monsters when an NPC is populated from the compendium. The spellcasting ability should be Charisma instead of None.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
PHB: Ray of Enfeeblement This spell directs a player to make a ranged attack. When dragged onto a PC or NPC character sheet, it should be set up to output an attack with the spell text output as well rather than the spellcard output.
Just carrying this over from here :)&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7943141/observant-feat-description-for-5e-is-out-of-date" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7943141/observant-feat-description-for-5e-is-out-of-date</a> Observant feat description for 5e is out-of-date. Joshua J. &nbsp;said: it still reads 'You have a +5 bonus to your passive&nbsp; Wisdom &nbsp;(Perception) and&nbsp; Intelligence &nbsp;(Investigation) scores.' when it has been changed to a more clearer wording in new books and dndbeyond: 'You have a +5 bonus to your passive&nbsp; Wisdom &nbsp;(Perception) and passive&nbsp; Intelligence &nbsp;(Investigation) scores.'
It was suggested to me this belonged in this thread rather than on the Compendium forum. The PHB Evasion link in the rogue class looks to be linking to the Midgard Hero's content instead of the PHB information. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Zobecker%20Scout#h-Evasion" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Zobecker%20Scout#h-Evasion</a> Also even the PHB entry further down links to the Midgard Hero's content for some reason

Edited 1575318051
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Brian - I've removed the coven information from the green hag, night hag, and sea hag SRD entries and stat blocks. I'm not sure, however, why their innate spellcasting isn't populating. I'll have devs investigate! Ray of enfeeblement is a spell card rather than an attack because it does not have damage, only a status effect, and our standard for status effect spells is that the GM needs to see the full text. Joshua - Updated, great catch! We seem to have carried over outdated text or otherwise missed a word in transcription. Dresdon - This is a known issue relating to our compendium autolinker (it's trying to be helpful!) and unfortunately requires some backend work. Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion!&nbsp;
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Ashton said: Brian - I've removed the coven information from the green hag, night hag, and sea hag SRD entries and stat blocks. I'm not sure, however, why their innate spellcasting isn't populating. I'll have devs investigate! Ray of enfeeblement is a spell card rather than an attack because it does not have damage, only a status effect, and our standard for status effect spells is that the GM needs to see the full text. I also experienced this with the innate spellcasting of the lamia, so I am wondering if it is innate spellcasting in general.
"Toll the dead" increased dice isn't written when dropped from the compendium: nor is it written on the spellcard: In the spell option, "toll the dead" is treated as spellcard but should be treated as attack to benefit from cantrip progression option. I am on chrome browser, latest update, I have player's handbook and XGTE.
Searching any spell lists (cleric, paladin, wizard, etc,...) by level or by name, they all give back just the list of all spells : I am on chrome browser, latest update, it's been like this for me and my players for months, I have player's handbook and XGTE.
Searching any combat rule and then clicking any link with "combat:" in front of it goes to the preface page of combat in the player's handbook instead of the specified page. In this screenshot, clicking "combat: flying movement" or "combat: movement" open this page. I am on chrome browser, latest update, it's been like this for me and my players for months, I have player's handbook and XGTE.

Edited 1575633888
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
[SRD] Ettercap The "Web" action is missing the bolded information &nbsp;from its text: The creature is restrained by webbing . As an action, the restrained creature can make a DC 11 Strength check, escaping from the webbing on a success. The effect ends if the webbing is destroyed. The webbing has AC 10, 5 hit points, vulnerability is vulnerable to fire damage , and immunity immune to bludgeoning , poison, and psychic damage.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
[SRD] Monsters with variants Only 2 monsters have variants in the SRD: Giant Rats and Insect Swarms. All other monsters should not have their variants if the SRD version is being used. Monsters in the 5e SRD compendium with variant abilities.

Edited 1575649557
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
[SRD] Higher strength potions of healing still missing from the compendium. Originally referenced here. &nbsp;The 5e compendium has the potion of healing &nbsp;from the Adventuring gear section, but it is missing all of the ones from the section on magic items that include the greater, superior, and supreme potions of healing. Since I was told last time that those are only in the DMG, here is the relevant page from the SRD.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Loupaile - Toll the dead increased dice now included in the spell description. Because our roll template does not account for targets or their hit points it will remain a spell card rather than an attack so GMs can see all relevant information. Searching spell lists in the in-app compendium is a known issue and is on dev radar, thank you for your report! Your final issue is also due to our compendium autolinker, which is attempting to aid searches and is also on our radar for future improvement. I recommend you check the Suggestions &amp; Ideas forum! Brian C. - Many thanks for your reports! Ettercap updated in the SRD compendium and all monsters in SRD no longer have variant attacks or traits. Potion of healing item description also updated to include Potions of Healing table.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Ghosts of Saltmarsh Patch 1.2 Global Illumination set for selected maps. Danger at Dunwater Patch 1.1 Added dynamic lighting light sources to selected maps. The Final Enemy Patch 1.1 Added dynamic lighting light sources to selected maps. The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh Patch 1.1 Added dynamic lighting light sources to selected maps.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
The Rise of Tiamat Patch 1.2 Disabled Advanced Fog of War on all maps for performance Tyranny of Dragons Patch 1.2 Disabled Advanced Fog of War on all maps for performance
Ghosts of Saltmarsh / Danger at Dunwater Location Numbers/Letters for the Lizard Folk map and inset map are missing?
When adding the add-on Tammeraut's Fate to a Ghosts of the Saltmarsh campaign, Start Here folder, Chapter 1 folder, Appendix A folder, Magic Items folder, All of Supplemental Materials, some Player Handouts, All but one from Named Creatures and Monsters, and a various assortment from Creatures and Monsters all go missing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciate, as I am currently unable to run the module I just bought.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Sherm and Dakota - Thank you both for your reports, and I'm sorry you're experiencing issues! I've had dev revert the most recent Danger at Dunwater and Tammeraut's Fate patches to ensure you have access to your content while we investigate. If you're still having trouble locating content please remember that duplicate content present in multiple addons (e.g. the same monster appears in both The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh and Tammeraut's Fate) may only appear once if both addons are added to the game. If you're having trouble locating that content I recommend adding the addon to a new, empty game. Please let me know if you have any continuing issues and we will investigate further. Thanks!
Hello Ashton, FYI, added the Dunwater module to a clean game. Location numbers/letters on the map lizardfolk lair map are still missing.
Hey&nbsp;Sherm -&nbsp; Just wanted to let you know that we are working on that issue but are slightly delayed due to patching difficulties with Ghosts of Saltmarsh. Our development team is currently investigating these patching issues and we hope to get it fixed soon. Thank you for following up and for your continued patience.
For Ghosts of Saltmarsh, I added the Danger at Dunwater module, and new maps appeared. However, only the Lizardfolk Lair has an accompanying writeup. The maps like Warthakeel and Wreck of the Marshal maps have no accompanying handout/writeups despite having areas marked on them like W1 and C1 etc. Where do I find the text? Screenshot of one of the maps showing marked areas and the list of writeups :&nbsp; <a href="https://imgur.com/a/c35Ng86" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/c35Ng86</a>
Hi Kristy, You should find the write up for Wreck of the Marshal and Warthalkeel located in: Appendix A: Of Ships and the Sea &gt;&gt; Underwater Locations Hope this helps!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported Elsewhere: Kenny S. &nbsp;said: In your D&amp;D 5e SRD, you have the giant boar's hit points listed as&nbsp; 42 (5d10+5)&nbsp; while the correct text should read &nbsp; 42 (5d10+ 1 5) . This is also listed incorrectly in the D&amp;D 5e SRD Monster Manual.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Keith and Kenny - Thanks for your reports! The giant boar's hit points are now correctly entered in both the SRD and Monster Manual as 42 (5d10+15).
It looks like the White Abishai is missing the Reckless ability on it's sheet. I don't own the module but noticed it watching the roll20 presents Descent into Avernus game.

Edited 1578083659
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Jase - Great catch! I've updated the Roll20 compendium to include the Reckless trait, and I'll get this added to the next Descent into Avernus patch as well (update: now patched!). Thank you for your report. Descent into Avernus Patch 1.5 Added Reckless trait to white abishai.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
The D&amp;D Essentials Kit compendium is now live! You can now use your Essentials Kit content in the Charactermancer, drag-n-drop items and spells, and view pages both in-app and in the Roll20 compendium! Known Issue If both the Player's Handbook and Essentials Kit have been purchased on the same account: When using the Charactermancer Level-Up to add levels to your Essentials Kit character, it will default to Player's Handbook content instead. These rules are accurate and functional.
I use the following to check up on monsters: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters%20List?#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters%20List?#content</a> In the ”source” option, Ghosts of Saltmarsh isn’t available even though the product introduced several new creatures. Neither is Tomb of Annihilation. Why? Descent into Avernus is there, and so’s Tyranny of Dragons, and they’re both adventures like Ghosts of Saltmarsh.
Hi Teemu, We have some backlog to hammer out here for previous modules but we are intending to implement full feature parity across modules as soon as we can! Teemu O. said: I use the following to check up on monsters: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters%20List?#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters%20List?#content</a> In the ”source” option, Ghosts of Saltmarsh isn’t available even though the product introduced several new creatures. Neither is Tomb of Annihilation. Why? Descent into Avernus is there, and so’s Tyranny of Dragons, and they’re both adventures like Ghosts of Saltmarsh.

Edited 1579156136
DM
Plus
Hi Team! For the Divine Contention Add-on, under the Storm Lord's Hideout section, in the Dreadnaught&nbsp; Locations subsection, the information for rooms D4 through D7 are missing.&nbsp; Goes from room 3 to 8 as seen below: D3. Hellfire Orb. &nbsp;The iron brazier mounted on the mainmast contains an ever‑burning orb of flame. The spirit of the death knight can see and talk through this orb, perceiving its surroundings with darkvision to a range of 120 feet (see “ Death Knight’s Soul ”). Once per day, the death knight can hurl a magical ball of fire that explodes at a point it can see within 240 feet of it. Each creature in a 20‑foot‑radius sphere centered on that point must make a DC 18 Dexterity saving throw. The sphere spreads around corners. A creature takes 35 (10d6) fire damage and 35 (10d6) necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. D8. Shrine to Talos. &nbsp;This was once the ship’s chart room, but the compartment has been gutted and turned into a shrine to Talos. Charred skulls are heaped around an upright iron spike topped with three crudely hammered bolts of lightning. Edit** Actually the more I read, the more that I notice that I don't see locations labeled D18-D21 on the map: D18. Stores. &nbsp;The dreadnaught’s stores contain mundane supplies for the journey: barrels of salted meat, cords of wood, nails, and cloth. D19. Prisoner Cell. &nbsp;This cell is used to hold captives. It is presently unoccupied. D20. Armory. &nbsp;This armory contains racks of maces, spears, and hammers for use by the ship’s crew. D21. Flooded Hold. &nbsp;The hold is unlit and flooded to a depth of 3 feet with dark, briny water. I also see that D11 says "Oar Deck" but on the map it's clearly in the wrong deck ... Actually come to look at it a bunch of stuff seems wrong now that I'm reading over it.&nbsp; You guys may want to look at this one as a whole and fix whatever needs to be fixed.&nbsp; I think I see some people in the wrong rooms and more stuff wrong with the description ...
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Dave - Thank you for your thorough bug report, and I'm sorry you've found issues! We'll take a look at the Storm Lord's hideout as a whole to clear up these issues and any others we find. Thanks again!
Thanks!&nbsp; It seemed like more bugs than I'm used to, so hopefully it's just something that's going wrong in my particular game!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Divine Contention Patch 1.1 Handout text altered to label five previously unlabeled rooms (map should now adhere to handout text)
Seems Feign Death &nbsp;in the PHB is still incorrectly staging Casting Time and Duration:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Feign%20Death#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Feign%20Death#content</a> Should be: Casting Time: 1 action Duration: &nbsp;1 hour Thanks!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Brian - Thank you for your report! I've updated Feign Death in our compendium.
Curse of Strahd has an issue where only the GM can see any tokens. Players can control theirs still but they arent visible&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The players still see the map, but no tokens, including their own?