Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Wizards of the Coast Bug Report Megathread

Moving report here: Jens F.  said:
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Kobold size now shows and fills correctly as Small in the D&D 5e charactermancer!
Caelum said: Perses said: SRD There are several monster sheets in the SRD that seem to be missing a line of text in attacks that cause a saving throw against poison damage. These sheets will say something like "and the target must make a dc on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one" instead of the full text. For example, the Giant Spider's Bite should say "the target must make a DC 11 Constitution saving throw, taking 9 (2d8) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one" instead. This seems to only be present on the Character Sheet tab, while the attack listed on Bio & Info will be correct. This bug has been reported in the past and fixed for Phase Spider and some other creatures, but its still a problem for the following monster sheets: Giant Spider Giant Wolf Spider Imp Purple Worm Assassin Spirit Naga Giant Poisonous Snake Guardian Naga Giant Centipede Giant Wasp Quasit  Scorpion Spider Unfortunately I do not own a copy of the Monster Manual on Roll20, so I'm unable to check if there is a similar problem there. Almost every statblock that has something like the Giant Centipede's or Wyvern's poison save is done incorrectly. The extra damage is being added to the Damage 2 field which gets rolled on a normal hit, and again on a critical hit. This is not how it should be. The correct usage would be to turn the damage in the description field into an inline roll or clickable button instead, like below. The problem with including the damage in Damage 2 is that inexperienced DM's will deal that damage to player characters without realizing it shouldn't be added or doubling it on a critical hit, which it would not be per the rules.
Moving confirmed report here:  Dylan C.  said: When leveling up a warlock through the charactermancer I can not choose the Mystic Arcanum spells. I click the button but nothing happens. In case it matters I am trying it on a tiefling warlock pact of the chain
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Thank you for following up, Caelum! I've made a ticket for your report and I hope to have an update for you soon.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Dylan C.  said: When leveling up a warlock through the charactermancer I can not choose the Mystic Arcanum spells. I click the button but nothing happens. In case it matters I am trying it on a tiefling warlock pact of the chain The current Roll20 D&D 5e Charactermancer is not feature complete for small use cases such as some warlock abilities. Thank you for letting us know about this issue, and I hope to have more news for you soon!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Ashton said: Dylan C.  said: When leveling up a warlock through the charactermancer I can not choose the Mystic Arcanum spells. I click the button but nothing happens. In case it matters I am trying it on a tiefling warlock pact of the chain The current Roll20 D&D 5e Charactermancer is not feature complete for small use cases such as some warlock abilities. Thank you for letting us know about this issue, and I hope to have more news for you soon! Uh, this is something that every single warlock has need of, once they reach 11th/13th/15th/17th level.  This isn't a case of a one-off or weirdness, this is core warlock progression no matter one's pact or patron.
Howdy all :) As this seems to be a charactermancer/sheet issue that was accidentally brought here instead of the character sheet thread I am going to go ahead and copy/redirect this conversation there . To speak to your concern here Gen you are absolutely right that this is a core issue that affects the warlock class as a whole. In the grand scheme of things it can seem small but when you are playing the class that is affected it can drastically affect your experience. The user collaboration team has been re-alerted to this issue to make sure that it is addressed as soon as we can. Keep an eye out for an updated issue list in the near future as well which will include this issue as well as a few others.
Moving report about the Feign Death spell having an incorrect casting time listed: Peter C.  said: The casting time is listed as 1 hour, when it should be 1 action.
Moving report of the  Efficient Quiver  having swapped information: Greg  said: I did a search for "Efficient Quiver" on this forum to see if this bug had already been reported - found no previous report. 1) A detailed description of the issue. In the in-game Roll20 compendium->Items->"Efficient Quiver" has an incorrect and nonsensical listing. That is, "Duration: Uncommon" and "Item Rarity: No", which appear in its listing, are in error/nonsensical. 2) Step by step instructions on how to reproduce the issue a) Enter a roll20 game session by clicking on the "Launch Game" link b) Go to the compendium tab c) Select "Items" d) Select "Efficient Quiver" e) Observe the listed attributes, which seem to be erroneously entered into the system.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Player’s Handbook Update Feign death casting time updated to 1 action Monster Manual Update Imp now correctly lists type as “Tiny fiend (devil, shapechanger)” Rug of Smothering smother attack updated Dungeons & Dragons 5e SRD Update Assassin attacks updated Missing figurines added to figurine of wondrous power Efficient quiver item rarity updated Ghost horrifying visage attack now correctly reads as “1d4 x 10 years” Giant Centipede attacks updated Giant Poisonous Snake attacks updated Giant Spider attacks updated Giant Wasp attack updated Giant Wolf Spider updated Guardian Naga updated Imp now correctly lists type as “Tiny fiend (devil, shapechanger)”, attacks updated Purple Worm attacks updated Quasit attacks updated Rug of Smothering smother attack updated Scorpion attacks updated Spider attacks updated Spirit Naga attacks updated Swarm of Poisonous Snakes bites attack updated Wyvern stinger attack updated
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Excellent Ashton! Does this correct the poison problem on all of those monsters toward the end of the list? Asking for a barbarian character whose DM decided on the fly that the poison damage was just extra damage.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi there Keith! The poison problem is updated in the SRD for all of the monsters whose patch note reads "attacks updated." Fix coming soon to the Monster Manual, too.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The unnamed barbarian thanks you, since he is not one to correct a DM in the middle of a game.

Edited 1568677820
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they are still incorrect. The poison damage is doubling on a crit. Although the sting damage is an attack, the poison damage comes from a saving throw and does not change due to a natural 20: That should read:&nbsp; Damage:&nbsp; <span class="userscript-inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right importantroll" title=" Rolling 1d1+0 = ( 1 )+0" style="border: 0px ; padding: 0px 3px ; font-weight: bold ; cursor: help ; font-size: 1.1em ; color: black">1 &nbsp;+&nbsp;<span class="userscript-inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right importantroll" title=" Rolling 1d1+0 = ( 1 )+0" style="border: 0px ; padding: 0px 3px ; font-weight: bold ; cursor: help ; font-size: 1.1em ; color: black">1 &nbsp;piercing +&nbsp; 4 &nbsp;poison Users can just take the first damage listed and ignore the second total, but the readout is not correct, and this may confuse people without a strong understanding of the rules.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi there Keith, you're right, and I'm sorry for the confusion! This update was for text: reading "taking the poison damage on a failed save" now, as is accurate to the text in the SRD, rather than implementing a code fix at this time for the poison damage. Unfortunately, that isn't a complete fix for the critical poison damage issue. This is a case of over-automation, and you're right that it may cause confusion for GMs. I've brought this usage issue to the developers, but for now I do recommend implementing an in-line roll if that is more convenient for your use. Future updates on this issue will be in the D&amp;D 5e character sheet bug thread .
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Monster Manual Update Attack text updated for the following creatures: Assassin Giant Centipede Giant Poisonous Snake Giant Wasp Giant Wolf Spider Guardian Naga Imp Purple Worm Quasit Scorpion Spirit Naga Swarm of Poisonous Snakes Wyvern Note that these creatures will still double poison damage on a critical, a known issue.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Curse of Strahd Patch 1.6 Added missing paragraph in "Areas of the Pass" handout Removed nameplates on tokens with excessive duplication Removed Advanced Fog of War default on maps Changed dynamic lighting from Red/Green to Orange/Blue Dungeon of the Mad Mage Patch 1.5 Skullport tokens updated Otto the Faerie Dragon statistics modified in Maddgoth's Castle Hall of Mirrors shadowy duplicates updated to reflect correct number Banshee stat block updated
Someone forgot a little quality control with Dungeon of the Mad Mage, Level 10, Room 11 "Lolth's Palace". In room 11a Lower Level, the room's description is missing the following text that is bold underlined italicized : If any creature disturbs the bones in the alcove, or if Muiral commands them to rise, they coalesce into four shambling mounds made entirely of skulls and bones, with these changes: • The shambling mounds are undead. • Instead of immunity to lightning damage, they have immunity to necrotic and poison damage. They are also immune to the poisoned condition. • They have Necrotic Absorption instead of Lightning Absorption. The new trait is functionally identical to the old one, except that it affects necrotic damage. Its as if whoever transcribed the product didn't want to go through the effort. The Shambling Mound monster card does not have any GM notes on this, nor is there a specific monster card for this variant monster. When looking at it in the book, I am having a really hard time understanding how this was missed.&nbsp; The missed section has three bullets and is nearly half of the room's description. See page 142 of the Hardback.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Lord Xenu - This text was removed as it refers to the undead shambling mound stat block found in the module, which has the statistics you list here. I will get the link in that passage and the monsters placed on the map updated with the next update. Thanks for your report!
Aha! As it turns out, I am a Tool! Lol. However I see the exact same thing going on with the Statue of Lolth in Section 11B. In Section 11B there is a regular stone golem named "Statue of Lolth" with regular Stone Golem stats a shift double click of this token links to the regular stone golem character sheet. But then, just like the Undead Shambling Mound scenario, there is in fact another character sheet for the correct statue here. That character sheet is named Lolth Statue. The regular stone golem named "Statue of Lolth" needs to be removed and replaced with a token of the "Lolth Statue". Also the passage in the "Exploring Level 10" regarding room 11B and this particular statue makes no mention of the changes to the standard Stone Golem stat block, nor has a hyperlink to the correct character sheet, "Lolth Statue". So maybe I am not entirely a tool. Or maybe I am a useful tool. Thanks Ashton! -Lord Xenu
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported Elsewhere: George M. &nbsp;said: Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but the Druid Spell list in the compendium&nbsp; does&nbsp; not &nbsp;include the spell&nbsp; "Beast Sense" &nbsp;but instead has&nbsp; listed "Blindness Deafness" twice &nbsp;in its place.&nbsp; Cheers :) I have confirmed, this is an SRD issue, but appears correctly in the PHB.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Keith or George - Could you link me to the page you're referring to? Thanks for the report (and confirm)!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Dungeon of the Mad Mage Patch 1.6 Changed Level 10, Room 11a text and tokens to represent the Undead Shambling Mounds. Changed Level 10, Room 11b text and token to represent the Lolth Statue. Updated Arcturia to have 3 legendary actions per turn.
Hello, I've found a typo in the SRD listing for the Rope of Entanglement . The third paragraph should end after the sentence "If the rope drops to 0 Hit Points, it is destroyed." Everything after that is a repeat of the first 20 or so words of the second paragraph, including a sentence fragment.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ashton said: Keith or George - Could you link me to the page you're referring to? Thanks for the report (and confirm)! Just go to Druid Spells by level, making sure to restrict yourself to the SRD: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%20List?sort=Level&amp;Classes[]=Druid#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%20List?sort=Level&amp;Classes[]=Druid#content</a>
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Aha! You've happened on a bug I cannot fix. I'll pass this onto development. Thank you for the additional context, Keith! D&amp;D SRD Update Text updated on rope of entanglement magic item Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica (Game Setting &amp; Map Addon) Patch 1.1 Corrected base folder name to accurately reflect content
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Tomb of Annihilation Patch 1.6 Removed Advanced Fog of War as default on all maps Added dynamic lighting to gargoyle faces in Dungeon of Deception section 20 to hide trap. Updated Acererak's character sheet

Edited 1571083530
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Forge of Fury Patch 1.5 Shifted the dynamic lighting layer on the Foundry map to align with the walls of the map.
Spiritual weapon, when casts at a higher level, increases the damage by 1d8 for every 2 levels it is above level 2. Currently, the drag-from-the-compendium spell lists the higher level cast as 1d8, which increases the damage by 1d8 for every level above level 2. The fix was to change this value to (0.499)d8, which provides the correct results at all levels of higher casts. (0.5 does not work because it rounds off instead of rounding down).
Dungeon of the Mad Mage - Level 11 "The Five arm troll makes three attacks: one with its bite and five with its claws." I am here to state for the record that, one plus five doesn't equal three!
Moving report here:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Subclasses:Champion#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Subclasses:Champion#content</a> Ena M &nbsp;said: The Champion tab is fine when the source is the SRD.
Moving report here: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells:Thunderclap#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells:Thunderclap#content</a> Phenomen &nbsp;said: Thunderclap cantrip is missing "The spell’s damage increases by 1d6 when you reach 5th level (2d6), 11th level (3d6), and 17th level (4d6)." at the end in the stat block.
^ Same bug with&nbsp; Chill Touch
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hoard of the Dragon Queen Patch 1.4 Updated episode 1 content to reflect content changes made in Tyranny of Dragons released October 22, 2019
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Dragon Heist Patch 1.4 Sewer Plague handout text updated Dungeon of the Mad Mage Patch 1.7 Five-armed troll stat block update Dead in Thay (Tales from the Yawning Portal) Patch 1.5 Dynamic lighting altered for usability in Ooze Grottoes
Hi Team, I have the Princes of the Apocalypse module, and the Battle Map Scale note under Roll20 Notes in the compendium, as well as many of the map scales themselves, appear to be inaccurate. Each grid square on the art is 10' with a single subdivision in the Roll20 grid (Grid Size set to 0.5 units). Each Roll20 grid square is 5'. Tokens are sized accordingly to Dungeons and Dragons Rules (5', 10', 15', 20'). No adjustments are needed for strategy accuracy. These are the grid settings for Feathergale Spire. With the way Roll20 has resized the maps, 1 grid cell should equal 5 ft, not 10 ft. Having the cells at 10 ft leads to issues like this, where a distance of 5 squares (25ft) is reading as 50ft.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Compendium Typo Source: Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Description: The section for Eladrin as player characters erroneously labels "Spring Personality Trait" as "Summer Personality Trait" in the Spring section.
Moving Report here: Ian &nbsp;said: Roll20's Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition compendium contains the item,&nbsp; Iron Bands of Binding . Its attributes section appears like this: This gives it the item category and rarity "adventuring gear (wondrous item)" in the subtitle and in the body the category "Items" and the rarity "Wonderous". The&nbsp; Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition system reference document &nbsp;gives the following details for the Iron Bands of Binding. This gives it the item category and rarity "Wondrous Item (rare)". The category is "wondrous item" and the rarity is "rare". This conflicts with the category and rarity in the Roll20 compendium. The compendium data is incorrect and should be changed to match the system reference document data.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi all! Thank you all for your reports, and please see below for changes: Princes of the Apocalypse Patch 1.3 Battle Map Scale handout updated to reflect maps with multiple scales Altered all instances of "1 grid cell = 10 ft." to "1 grid cell = 5 ft." to accurately reflect scale Added "1 square = 10 feet" info to GM layer of Scarlet Moon Hall map Compendium Updates Typo in Eladrin text updated Rarity updated for iron bands of binding

Edited 1572073182
Dungeon of the Mad Mage Level 14: Arcturiadoom We have a missing secret door marker connecting 12A to 13A. I copied and pasted one here in the screen shot.
Dungeon of the Mad Mage Giant Fire Beetle The Giant Fire Beetle's Dynamic Lighting is wrong. The beetle sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. The token however doesn't do that. This is what the Giant Fire Beetle's Dynamic Lighting Looks like as of now. This is wrong. This is how I fixed my Giant Fire Beetle. I believe this is what it should look like. I would go so far as to presume that the Giant Fire Beetle is also Dynamically Light wrong in the other products as well. This remains needing verification.&nbsp;
Hire me Roll20!

Edited 1572156173
Dungeon of the Mad Mage Level 14: Arcturiadoom Room 15&nbsp; Pillar Sconces. This hall has a 150-foot-high arched ceiling buttressed by stone pillars that have sconces protruding from them at 10-foot intervals. Continual flame spells cast on the sconces illuminate the hall. The in question room has nothing going on in terms of dynamic lighting. Each Column requires a continual flame. Helping the masses of Waterdeep with there adventure in Undermountain!
Noel
Sheet Author
Certain monsters from the 5e Monster Manual compendium (I think that's where they are from) don't have token artwork, even though artwork is available in the compendium entry. There may be more than what I've listed here but so far: Sprite Giant Wasp Poisonous Snake
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I am seeing token artwork for these in the Monster Manual. The Compendium has no artwork token or otherwise to my knowledge. Can you give a link where you are seeing this behavior?
Mad mage has some errors that need to be corrected still. Mostly Dynamic Lighting and/or mistakes with illusionary walls: Level 6 (Lost Level) is missing a LOT of light, in many rooms - It's actually kind of difficult to go over, since I manually added the light myself, but there needs to be another pass on the Dynamic Light here, specifically paying attention to the text about Quartz Pillars at the start of the floor: "Quartz pillars found throughout the Lost Level shed bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. ". Meaning, whenever a Quartz pillar is described as present in the room, it needs lighting from that pillar. Level 8 (Slitherswamp) should have Area 19's exterior illuminated via multiple 'torch' sized lights: "Flickering torches on the sides of the temple illuminate the structure." The entirety of Area 2 should be dimly lit due to fireflies, currently it isn't. The creatures on 17b should be invisible until/unless somebody steps foot on the island in question, as the scene will not play out without characters doing so. Level 9 (Dweomercore) lacks a proper Illusionary Wall between 47a and 47b, allowing characters to see past it if one is not manually added by the DM. On both this level and level 7 (Maddgoth's Castle), all Living Unseen Servants should be invisible. I THINK area 42's secret wall isn't properly in place on the Dynamic Lighting layer, but it's actually been a while since I would have had to correct that. An archmage token is improperly present in area 1a instead of Manshoon's Limb.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Arcanavore and Chrono - Thank you for your detailed reports! I'll collect these notes and prepare the team for a Dungeon of the Mad Mage patch. Noel - I am also seeing artwork for these creatures. If you're still having this issue please provide a screenshot and/or system information (operating system and browser) so devs can investigate.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Dungeon of the Mad Mage Patch 1.8 Added light to several locations on several levels of the dungeon. Set level 22 to Global Illumination for pervasive dim lighting. Added light and reset tokens for giant fire beetles, azers, will o' wisps, fire elementals, flameskulls, crystal golem, and Trenzia. Added secret door marker to GM layer in level 14.&nbsp; Installed lighting that would not pass the save to ignore the illusory wall between 47a and 47b on level 9. Reminded all unseen servants that they're supposed to be unseen. Found Manshoon's left arm and returned it to its proper place in the Dweomercore.

Edited 1573337872
The Sidekicks in Dragon at Icespire peak&nbsp; (Essentials Kit Adventure)&nbsp; only show at level 11 for me.&nbsp;&nbsp; Shouldn't they start at level 1? Edit:&nbsp;&nbsp; I figured out what the issue is: adding the extra "Essentials Kit:" adventures.&nbsp;&nbsp; For some reason these upgrade the Sidekicks to level 11, instead of of making new sidekicks.&nbsp;&nbsp;