Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Wizards of the Coast Bug Report Megathread

Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Perses - Thank you for the report! The mummy lord has now been updated in the compendium.
Angelo
API Scripter
Ashton said: Alan, Sr. K, Angelo - These Xanathar's Guide to Everything  pages should now be accessible! Some of them still have a bit of load time, so please let me know if you experience further issues. Hi Ashton, not sure if you were quoting the wrong person, i was reporting a problem with the "[Class] Spells by Level" lists being broken for at least over a year; they still seems to be broken in my games.

Edited 1591964500
Koop
Pro
Hi folks, Sorry if I'm asking what is an obvious question. The Eberron add-on has included creatures' character sheets set to Auto-Whisper Rolls to GM. I want to change that universally to Never Whisper Rolls to GM. Can't figure out how to make that change; toggling Never Whisper Rolls on and off in the Game Settings has no effect. Your guidance?
Ghosts of Saltmarsh: Tammeraut's Fate Hermitage dynamic lighting is incorrect in two locations: Location 20: Room description says door is open, remove it. Location 17: This is an open set of environments, remove walls that aren't walls
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Koop said: Hi folks, Sorry if I'm asking what is an obvious question. The Eberron add-on has included creatures' character sheets set to Auto-Whisper Rolls to GM. I want to change that universally to Never Whisper Rolls to GM. Can't figure out how to make that change; toggling Never Whisper Rolls on and off in the Game Settings has no effect. Your guidance? Never Whisper There's a bug in the game settings that doesn't recognize "Never Whisper Rolls", possibly because it is trying to write a blank value. The solution is to use Whisper Toggle. The default is public, so once this is set, all rolls should show. Go to the Campaign Settings Page Choose "Whisper Toggle" under "WHISPER ROLLS TO GM" in the Default Sheet Settings Save Load your game Go to the settings tab on the right and scroll to the bottom where you will find a button that says Apply Default Settings. Press it. Choose to update the Whisper settings. Wait a minute or two for it to resolve. There is a thin easy-to-miss progress bar. Have fun!
keithcurtis said: Never Whisper There's a bug in the game settings that doesn't recognize "Never Whisper Rolls", possibly because it is trying to write a blank value. The solution is to use Whisper Toggle. The default is public, so once this is set, all rolls should show. Go to the Campaign Settings Page Choose "Whisper Toggle" under "WHISPER ROLLS TO GM" in the Default Sheet Settings Save Load your game Go to the settings tab on the right and scroll to the bottom where you will find a button that says Apply Default Settings. Press it. Choose to update the Whisper settings. Wait a minute or two for it to resolve. There is a thin easy-to-miss progress bar. Have fun! Works! Thanks.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
From a standalone thread : L.Y.E. said: Saber Tooth Tiger in 5e compendium only shows total hp 52, but no formula (7d10+14).
Whenever I click the appropriate link in the compendium to go to a spell list sorted by class, the list is never sorted by class. Is this a known bug or an issue on my end.  
Have done a search of these threads/forums/known issues to the best of my ability, so hope I'm putting this in the right place. I used the Charactermancer to create my character (Paladin 6/Warlock 5). I think in 5e, the Paladin 6's Aura of Protection bonus is being applied to their death saving throws, when it should not. "You must be conscious to grant this bonus." I don't think I've done anything manually that would have caused that behavior, but definitely got a +5 bonus on my death save when I rolled one last night. I've fixed it in my own sheet in the Attributes tab, but thought I'd report it so it can be checked out.
Baldur's Gate:  Descent into Avernus Missing token and player handout for Reya Mantlemorn Missing player handout for Shield of the Hidden Lord
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Andreas/L.Y.E. - Thanks for the report (and consolidating)! This is now updated in the compendium. D-ray - This is a known issue with your spell list links in the compendium. When on the large list of spells, you may select your class under "Classes" and the list below will automatically update. Monica - Thank you for your report! In the future you're looking for the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 bug thread . Lisa - Thank you for your report! I've made a ticket and the production team will investigate.
It appears the Idyllglen also suffers from the same grid size issue that the High Hall Cathedral maps have.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Jalek - Thank you for the report! I've made a ticket for this issue and will pass onto the production team for patching.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Curse of Strahd Patch 1.9 Updated per errata notes for June 2020: Running the Adventure and Story Overview handouts added (split from Introduction) Removed acid splash and mending from Victor's spellbook in Burgomaster's Mansion. Removed ray of frost from Kasimir's spellbook in Vistani Camp. Made improvements to the Haunted One character background. Fixed Damia's description to female human in Mysterious Visitors. Updated the description of Vistani. Clarified the stat block to use for Vistani thugs in Random Encounters in Castle Ravenloft. Removed several instances of broad alignment assignment. Changed a description of Rictavio's tiger in Areas of Vallaki. Removed references to drunkenness in Vistani Camp. Gave Strahd von Zarovich the ability to use Unarmed Strike in wolf form and Bite in all forms. Updated text in Ezmerelda's character description. Added boxed text that was missing from N9c in Vistani Camp. Tomb of Annihilation Patch 1.8 Updated per errata notes for June 2020: Removed or adjusted terminology such as "exotic," "tribal," and "savage" in reference to Chult and its people.  Fixed boxed text to read two hundred feet in Heart of Ubtao. Small grammatical/spelling errors. Removed the word "odorless" from a description of gas in Level 1: Rotten Halls. Changed trap wording to properly indicate a saving throw rather than check in Level 4: Chambers of Horror.
Settings: Eberron: Rising from the Last War and 5e SRD only Issue: Compendium Content Out of Order One would expect that the order of dot points follow a logical order in the same fashion as intended by the writers and editors of the book.&nbsp; However, it appears that dot-points are translated to un-ordered lists and these then become jumbled.&nbsp; A glaring example of this is when navigating through the adventure, one cannot&nbsp; simply move from the first section, to the second and so on.&nbsp; Instead, one has to go back and forth or use the&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Index:Adventure" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Index:Adventure</a> &nbsp;where it is jumbled. To replicate,&nbsp; Tools &gt; Compendium Left click button: Access D&amp;D Firth Edition Left click link: Eberron: Rising from the Last War Left click link: Adventure: Forgotten Relics (on the right) Left click link: Running the Adventure Scroll to the bottom of the page, left click View All Adventure &gt;&gt; which takes you to the following page:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Index:Adventure" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Index:Adventure</a> The Starting the Adventure link is the 8th bullet point. The expected result is that I can use the compendium to navigate through the material in the same way one would navigate through a book.&nbsp; Being able to access the content as a PDF would resolve this issue.
Settings: Eberron: Rising from the Last War and 5e SRD only Issue:&nbsp;Various Token Simply Display Text in a Circle To replicate: Create a new game using 5e Roll20 character sheet and Eberron: Rising from the Last War addon. Launch Game Go to journal Go to Creatures &amp; Monsters &gt; Named Creatures and Monsters Corrin Delmaco and Garra only have text where it would be better if they were assigned a token with an image which is available for all the other tokens Named Creatures and Monsters.&nbsp; I'm using the standard SRD 5e material in Roll20, my guess is that it linked to the 5e Monster Manual tokens as opposed to the provided Adventure-only Creatures &amp; Monsters tokens. The Expeditious Messenger, Valenar Hawk and Warforged Colossus only display text for the token rather than artwork. Expected Result is that the tokens are represented by artwork not text.

Edited 1592649874
Settings: Eberron: Rising from the Last War and 5e SRD only Issue: Expected Maps and Characters Not Provided The High Walls section of the adventure does not provide: character sheets or tokens for: Smelt, Coal, Daask hit squad members Hound (shifter), 3 cranky Kobolds and 1 Kobold Acolyte and it would be nice to have some NPC-like characters to pull in for the bar and around High Walls. maps for: Cog Carnival nor ones that can be used at the end of the urban chase (a map of High Walls might be useful in this instance plus some standard locations therein) any cogent explanation of what Warforged drink in a Warforged bar This may be deliberate but it's not helpful. As a minimum, I expected a map of Cog Carnival and character sheets for Smelt, Coal and the Daask hit squad.

Edited 1592654471
RESOLVED I was ignorant of the GM Info Overlay.&nbsp; These tokens are on the GM Info Overlay layer and hence, not selectable when on the standard Objects &amp; Tokens layer.&nbsp; I elected not to delete in case anyone else found this helpful.&nbsp; This megathread approach does make it difficult to respond to individual issues, so instead I updated rather than replied. Settings: Eberron: Rising from the Last War and 5e SRD only Issue: Unable to Select Tokens Necessary for Terminus and Lightning Rail Car Encounters It would be great if this was just an error on my part and you could tell me how to select those tokens.&nbsp; The terminus maps appears to have set up tokens linked to various NPCs but I am unable to select them.&nbsp; The tokens that I'm unable to select (and hence, use) are: Jas, Daask Strike Team (5 Gnolls), Sharn Watch Guard (4 of these), Extra Skycoach Terminal Passengers (8 commoners and 2 nobles) - these may correspond to those waiting in the airship dock and may not be required 4 Kenky in area T4b Random Apartment Occupants (4 commoners, Shifter, Warforged Soldier and Changling) A couple of commoners next to T6 Extra Station Platform Passengers (10 commoners and 4 nobles) Kraz on the station platform (all the others are selectable) Similarly, in the Lightning Rail Cars map there are 6 guard tokens outside of the cars which I think are designed to be a pool of tokens to bring into the various cars when required.&nbsp; I have made this worse on my original game as all the tokens, even the selectable ones have a lower brightness level. To replicate: Create a new game using 5e Roll20 character sheet and Eberron: Rising from the Last War addon. Launch Game Go to the Terminus and Lightning Rail Cars maps. Note that I tested this with a newly created game to ensure that I hadn't introduced the error by inadvertently changing a map setting.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can give you some answers to some of those. First, the adventure by alphabetical bullet points is a very good issue. That should be fixed.&nbsp; Content from WotC will never (at this point in time) be presented as a PDF. WotC does not release PDFs of paid books, to my knowledge. Roll20 can't decide to do it either. That being said, the Compendium lacks a great deal in organization. Books are intended to be easy to read through sequentially, but they are not. Tokens with names instead of artwork are also a concession to Licensing Issues. If the book does not provide art in the original, Roll20 cannot legally create it. The only exception to this has been the Monster Manual, where permission was given to contract for art on some of the beasts. Roll20's solution is to produce text tokens. The same with maps. With the exception of generic encounter maps (Forest Crossing, Mountain Trails, etc), if the map is not in the book, they can't put it in the module. Are any of the maps you mentioned in the print edition? If so, they should be added to the module. Similarly, do Daask, Smelt, etc. have statblocks in the book? If they are not in there, they can't be in the module. Similarly, if you want to know what warforged drink in a warforged bar, you'll need to ask WotC. :)
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Keith - Thank you for your help in answering. Nicho - I believe Keith has covered everything, but please let us know (see the web form in the announcement below) if you have any further questions or issues as you dive into licensed content on Roll20. Hi folks, Roll20 is transitioning away from the community forums for bug reports on licensed content. For all future bug reports on licensed content, please report them through the following&nbsp; web form . We will now close this thread. Thank you.