Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Wizards of the Coast Bug Report Megathread

Hello! Recently purchased Tyranny of Dragons and the Monster Manual/Volo's Guide/Mordenkainen's Tome in order to up the campaign a little bit. Loving all the work put in to the modules, compendiums and tokens. However, noticed during the last game that when I used the "auto-ini" script to roll for a token's initiative, if it was included from outside of ToD, it would roll, but show to the players, where as anything in ToD only showed to me the GM.  Any assistance on being able to hide initiative rolls for all tokens would be greatly appreciated!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is based on your game settings. When you pull in new content, it takes the setting from your game settings page. Existing content (the module) is whatever was originally set.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Mike - Thanks for your report! I'll get this logged for a future patch.
vicnedel
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Manticores can Speak. Please Fix Officially the Manticore in the monster manual has the "Languages: Common"[1][2] trait. They are intelligent creatures who ally themselves with villains and other evil creatures[3]. Presumably they can be reasoned with. However in the Roll20 compendium the monster lacks the ability to talk or understand languages. This leads to a situation where spells like command or charm spells don't work on it, and also limits the possibility for players to role-play an encounter. This is especially bad if the DM is uninformed or is not familiar with the monster from the official manual. I think this low level monster is rather misunderstood as a consequence. A simple fix to the compendium entry can possibly improve player experience and unlock new ways to use this monstrosity in or out of battle. citations and references: [1] Monster Manual page 213; Wizards of the Coast [2] Dndbeyond link: <a href="https://www.dndbeyond.com/monsters/manticore" rel="nofollow">https://www.dndbeyond.com/monsters/manticore</a> [3] Forgotten Realms wiki <a href="https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Manticore" rel="nofollow">https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Manticore</a>
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Victor - Hi there, I've now corrected this in each compendium the manticore appears in. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! It may take some time for the styled stat block to update in the sidebar and in-app compendium, but the data will be correct when it does (it will still drag-in correctly in the meanwhile).
In Mad Mage seems that all monster character sheets are overwriting the default settings and whispering rolls to the DM. Is this intentional? If so is there a quick fix?

Edited 1586881905
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Simas G. &nbsp;said: In Mad Mage seems that all monster character sheets are overwriting the default settings and whispering rolls to the DM. Is this intentional? If so is there a quick fix? That is the default setting for the module. You can adjust this behavior by changing your game settings, and then applying it in game. The Never Whisper setting is broken, so I suggest using Whisper Toggle. Full directions on how to do this are here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page</a>
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
The Final Enemy (Ghosts of Saltmarsh) Patch 1.2 Tokens in area 35 relocated to their correct location in area 37.
MISSING MONSTERS in Tome of Foes....I paid for what exactly?&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;u don't mention that before buying....why?&nbsp; &nbsp; I think you know why....shady&nbsp; very shady...trouble sleeping at night?&nbsp; &nbsp;I think u know y ROLL20&nbsp; &nbsp; Shame on you
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Rocco said: MISSING MONSTERS in Tome of Foes.... What monsters are you missing?
Loren the GM said: Rocco said: MISSING MONSTERS in Tome of Foes.... What monsters are you missing? Hey Rocco, I'd also like to know which monsters seem to be missing. If you can give me the name(s) or a list, I'll take to our team and inquire further. :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm curious too. What appears to be missing?

Edited 1586969769
This is a small one, but Lizardfolk Shaman for the Monster Manual Compendium isn't set up as a spellcaster. It looks like everything is set up, but the "is a spellcaster" tag isn't checked by default so the spells don't show up.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Peter - Thanks for your report! I'll get the production team to look into this.
I've already posted this in the bug report forum, but I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.&nbsp; As it concerns WotC material, I'm going to post it here too... Some XGtE compendium pages, won't load, resulting in a Cloud Flare "Gateway Timeout" error.&nbsp; Here are some that I have found (they are all roll tables)... Elf names roll table Dragonborn names roll table Underdark encounters 11-20 roll table There may be more, but these are the ones that I have found.&nbsp; I am therefore unable to access some of the material that I have purchased.
First question from me regarding Lost Mines of Phandalin in Roll20 - how do i get to show the maps etc on the page toolbar to the players and then use as a battle map using tokens etc ? cheers
Compendium Class Spell list provides ALL spells and I am unable to filter a specific class.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Drew [temp god] said: First question from me regarding Lost Mines of Phandalin in Roll20 - how do i get to show the maps etc on the page toolbar to the players and then use as a battle map using tokens etc ? cheers Hi Drew, Short answer: Drag the red player ribbon to the page you want the players to be on. All NPC tokens should be already placed. Transparent ones are on the GM layer, hidden from players, but in place so that you can quickly have them available. PCs get on the map by dragging their token from the journal tab onto the map. Long answer:&nbsp; Roll20 TnT Starting from Scratch
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Alan said: I've already posted this in the bug report forum, but I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.&nbsp; As it concerns WotC material, I'm going to post it here too... Some XGtE compendium pages, won't load, resulting in a Cloud Flare "Gateway Timeout" error.&nbsp; Here are some that I have found (they are all roll tables)... Elf names roll table Dragonborn names roll table Underdark encounters 11-20 roll table There may be more, but these are the ones that I have found.&nbsp; I am therefore unable to access some of the material that I have purchased. No answer for you, but I can confirm that the links you have provided to result in a cloudflare warning. In fact, all of the names roll tables except half-orc. I can detect no odd characters in the URLs to account for this.
Ben R. said: Compendium Class Spell list provides ALL spells and I am unable to filter a specific class. I have just run into this problem myself.&nbsp; There is a filter on the external compendium, however the in-game compendium does not provide any filter options, and the filter is not correctly set when following one of the class links from this page. <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Spells#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Spells#content</a>

Edited 1587236896
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
D&amp;D 5E Monster Manual: Pseudodragon: Variant&nbsp; typo The entry has a typo in the name, the second "Pseudodragon" is spelled as "Ps ue dodragon". It aslo seems you can't drag-n-drop the Variant-statblock to the game table. Gif displaying the drag-n-drop issue(click to start gif animation):
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Andreas - Thanks for your report! I've corrected the spelling, but it seems that the appearance of the variant in the sidebar is also a bug that I'll have to pass along to Dev. We include variants within the general stat block (in this case Pseudodragon) rather than separating them out, so to access the Pseudodragon variant please see the Pseudodragon stat block for now. Thanks again!
There are missing tokens and character sheets (I guess for unique characters) Two examples under Sunstar from Baldur's gate who is vampire and Punketh from Ghosts of Saltmarsh both of them are in the art of the adventure so just need to tokenize them. Ghosts of Saltmarsh Punketh mage, page 57 Baldur's gate Jander Sunstar page 92
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Paragon - I believe you're right about Punketah's art on page 57, but I'll check in about it! The page 92 art, however, is of Krell Grohlg and can be found on his token.
Alan said: Ben R. said: Compendium Class Spell list provides ALL spells and I am unable to filter a specific class. I have just run into this problem myself.&nbsp; There is a filter on the external compendium, however the in-game compendium does not provide any filter options, and the filter is not correctly set when following one of the class links from this page. <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Spells#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Spells#content</a> same issue here. Trying to add some spell til my cleric, after i bought some new WoTC compendium. When i search the compendium (i) for cleric spells a list comes up named "Cleric spells by level". Cllicking that, lists ALL spells for all classes. Its the same with all other classes too.&nbsp;
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Thank you for the report, Xeno. This is a known issue with our spell list links in the compendium. I understand your frustration in this link not working as intended. When on the large list of spells, you may select "Cleric" under "Classes" and the list below will automatically update. Descent into Avernus Patch 1.6 Sent the barlgura to the dentist so it can use its Bite attack again.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ashton said: Paragon - I believe you're right about Punketah's art on page 57, but I'll check in about it! The page 92 art, however, is of Krell Grohlg and can be found on his token. The page 92 reference above was to Baldur's Gate, Descent into Avernus. Krell is from Saltmarsh. Baldur's gate Jander Sunstar page 92 Note the proximity to Jander and the textual description of "Near the summit of the hill, the vampire Jander Sunstar is impaled on one of the largest iron trees". That guy has glowing red eyes and is extremely impaled! :)
Ashton said: Thank you for the report, Xeno. This is a known issue with our spell list links in the compendium. I understand your frustration in this link not working as intended. When on the large list of spells, you may select "Cleric" under "Classes" and the list below will automatically update. Descent into Avernus Patch 1.6 Sent the barlgura to the dentist so it can use its Bite attack again. As I mentioned before, the filters only appears in external (web pages) compendium.&nbsp; When in a game, none of the filters appear, so the "Classes" box is not available.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In the game, there is a filter button at the top of the spell list, it will call up ingame filters, which appear to be much snappier, to boot.

Edited 1587502366
Hey all, Got a weird issue with Waterdeep - Dragon Heist module. I have added all the modules on my game but I cant find the Dragon Vault map or its description or anything at all. Also funnily enough I cant seem to see the original shared parts of the adventure (Chapter 1 to 3) but the main module is there. So this looks like the main module is not imported properly. Is there any solution to re-import that or do I have to start a game from scratch?&nbsp; Hopefully this is the correct place, if not can you please point it to me?&nbsp; Thank you in advance!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The season modules are not meant to all be loaded into a single game. It is possible that you overwrote something. You might be able to fix it by removing them and installing just the season you intend to run. A dev will probably have better instructions, though. From the Module's Marketplace page: Special Instructions Waterdeep: Dragon Heist is a different sort of module than those that have been released before on the Roll20 platform. Please read this completely before beginning your game setup (these instructions are also available in-game as a handout). In Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, the GM decides who the villain is of the story. In order to best facilitate running the game on Roll20, we have broken the source material up into one Module and 4 Addons, one for each villain/season. The core module contains all the information needed to run the beginning of the game up through Chapter 4, where the story truly splits. If the GM would like to prepare for the game by reading through all of the content, we recommend creating a&nbsp; separate &nbsp;game and adding in all 4 parts in order to get the whole story, deleting out pages (maps) if there is a performance decrease. When it comes time to play with the party, we strongly recommend the GM only add in the ONE relevant season to the main module. Adding others will create duplicate maps and handouts, and overwrite NPC's and creatures. To summarize: Create a separate game to view all the seasons at once, if desired. In a separate game with the players: Pick which season/villain is appropriate for the game storyline, and add only this addon to the core game. Track party progress on the [GM Page] Campaign Tracker if desired. Enjoy! If at any time the storyline organically switches to another main villain, we recommend removing the first addon, then adding in the second. Adding in another game will overwrite any shared NPC's or Creatures, so always create a backup before doing so just in case.
keithcurtis said: In the game, there is a filter button at the top of the spell list, it will call up ingame filters, which appear to be much snappier, to boot. That "Filter Results" link does not appear for me...
Thank you for the reply @ keithcurtis &nbsp; will give it a shot. Worst case scenario ill recreate the game :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Looking at the two screen shots, I notice a capitalization difference. I got to the category by clicking the word "Spells" in the list. Did you hand type? If so, I can sympathize with the frustration. That's the sort of thing that shouldn't be case-dependent. Alan said: keithcurtis said: In the game, there is a filter button at the top of the spell list, it will call up ingame filters, which appear to be much snappier, to boot. That "Filter Results" link does not appear for me...
eithcurtis said: Looking at the two screen shots, I notice a capitalization difference. I got to the category by clicking the word "Spells" in the list. Did you hand type? If so, I can sympathize with the frustration. That's the sort of thing that shouldn't be case-dependent. Aha... clicking on the section name does indeed bring up a filter.&nbsp; Manually typing it in with a capital S also works.&nbsp; Thanks!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Keith - Thank you for your help, both with others and with clarifying! That image is in fact Jander Sunstar, and I'll get that into the next Descent into Avernus patch.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Ashton and Xeno!
Hello I was running The Forge of Fury from Tales from the Yawning Portal last night and in "the mountain door," map there are a few different tokens for orcs.&nbsp; One such is called "Orc with longbow."&nbsp; When trying to make any attacks from character sheet; I was receiving errors.&nbsp; please see attached.&nbsp; also, please note, it seemed to only be the attacks; ability checks and traits worked fine.&nbsp; i tried in firefox and chrome browsers with same results.&nbsp; Looking at the attacks they appear to be setup correctly.&nbsp; wasn't sure if I should post this here or for the character sheet.&nbsp; we're using the standard OGL sheet. &nbsp;
Is there any sort of "search" function for this thread, other than ctrl f on each page?&nbsp; not sure if i'm dum or blind or what.&nbsp;
not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere; but seem to have an odd issue when trying to drag n drop monsters / npc's from the compendium onto a map if that monster / npc isn't part of the current module.&nbsp; it instead tries to commandeer an already popped out sheet and turn that into the character sheet for the monster npc.&nbsp; i can't always reproduce it, for example, when submitting a bug report and forgot to take screenshots.&nbsp; :*(&nbsp;&nbsp; but the workaround is to close all open popped out pages and then drag n drop it again and usually after several seconds will usually eventually work.&nbsp; there is a workaround so not that big a deal; but figured i'd mention it in case anyone else has had it happen and no what is causing it or if there's a way to prevent it from happening so don't have to close out all the popouts.&nbsp; sorry for my rambling.&nbsp; thanks!&nbsp; :)
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Copied from their own post here for better visibility: Xanthar's guide to Everything: typo Vampire218 said: Wizards of the Coast book Xanthar's guide to Everything has an error with the subclass Divine Soul Sorcerer with the "Affinity" ability, it states it to be "A fi nity" which is spelled wrong Original thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8605787/incorrect-wording" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8605787/incorrect-wording</a> Tales from the Yawning Portal - Dead in Thay: typo Scott P. said: The Malformed Kraken in Area 75 has a type on it's name ("Mal fro med Kraken").&nbsp; Additionally, the token isn't linked to the Malformed Kraken character sheet. Thanks! Original Thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8607517/tales-from-the-yawning-portal-dead-in-thay" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8607517/tales-from-the-yawning-portal-dead-in-thay</a> Lost Mine of Phandelver:&nbsp; Issue With Many NPCs' Stats More info in full thread , but here is the initial comment: Luca said: Hi All! I am currently running the Lost Mine of Phandelver module, however after the first session I have now noticed that there is a big issue with quite a lot of the NPCs' stats, in that the modifier (and their saving throws) are set to (0) no matter what the value of the corresponding ability is, as per the snippets below: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; The affected monsters (and all the tokens of the specific monster) are: Giant Spider ; Grick ; Goblin ; Hobgoblin ; Ochre Jelly ; Ogre ; Orc ; Owlbear ; Stirge ; Twig Blight . I have also checked on my other games and when dragged from the compendium onto the map the stats of these monsters seem perfectly fine. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Awogg - Thanks for your report! I'll get the production team to look into your issue in Forge of Fury. Re: Andreas' reports (thank you for your help in consolidating them here!) Vampire218 - Typo corrected in compendium. Thank you for your report! Scott P. - Created a ticket for the production team to look into this. Look for an upcoming patch! Thank you for your report. Luca - Created a ticket for the production team to look into this. Look for an upcoming patch! Thank you for your report.
Against the Giants - not working&nbsp; 1. Create a new game 2. Add the Against the Giants Add-on 3. Go into the game 4. Open any monster on one of the pages 5. It shows the right stats (say Strength 21 on a Hill Giant) but the wrong modifier (all modifiers are +0) 6. Try to roll an attack and get: " No attribute was found for @{Hill Giant|attack_display_flag}"
I was playing my campaign I am running with my friends, and am using the Charactermancer as it good for newer players to not miss things when they level up. That being said I have come across 2 issues so far. 1 The Fighter class Champion feature that increases crit range doesn't get added properly, which when I noticed I went to fix in the actual weapon. 2 A 6th level ranger in my party was prompted to take a level 3 spell, which he took as fireball, We have since removed it but in the heat of combat I was unwilling to stop for a ruling against something he took because of the charactermancer.
See my post above. &nbsp;I have heard others report this and say that they were able to work-around it by re-dropping the monsters. &nbsp;This does NOT work for me, so the add on is basically useless at this point.

Edited 1588856303
Brad M. said: See my post above. &nbsp;I have heard others report this and say that they were able to work-around it by re-dropping the monsters. &nbsp;This does NOT work for me, so the add on is basically useless at this point. Are you talking about dropping the monsters from the compendium (the 'i' tab in the sidebar) over the top of the NPC sheet?&nbsp; If so this doesn't work when the sheets are popped out into a separate window.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Brad - I've submitted this for investigation and a possible patch. Thank you for your report! Stuart - Happy to clear some things up! The D&amp;D 5e sheet by Roll20 is built to automate the general processes of D&amp;D. As this is the only feature in D&amp;D that expands critical ranges, Roll20 does not automatically update critical ranges. In the Roll20 Compendium, we store critical ranges in the item data itself. When a Fighter has pulled an item to their sheet, they can manually update the critical range as is appropriate with this class trait. We've tested using the Charactermancer and could not find a way to replicate the Ranger issue that was described. Rangers get 3rd level spells at 9th level, and Fireball is not available on the ranger spell list. Even when testing with multiclassing, we were unable to create a 6th level ranger with Fireball. Even when using the Charactermancer, players are able to search the compendium and grab additional spells, items, et cetera to their sheet. We recommend GMs review player's character sheets in games if they feel there may be a misunderstanding.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Volo's Guide to Monster: Hadrosaurus error Andrew said: Hi, The compendium entry for the Hadrosaurus from Volo's Guide to Monsters lists a passive perception of 17, but from my physical copy of the book (or calculating with the +2 Perception), this should be 12. Thanks!
The proficiency bonus for the Neogi Master from Volo's Guide To Everything is incorrectly set to 3 instead of 2.&nbsp; This means its Spell Attack Bonus and DC are incorrect.&nbsp; The "Spellcasting" section of the Neogi Master traits says they should be +6 and DC14, but any rolls from the NPC's spell sheet will incorrectly use +7 or DC15. Note that casting Eldritch Blast from the "Actions" section correctly uses +6.&nbsp; Casting it from the spell sheet incorrectly uses +7. You can fix it by changing the CR to 3, pressing tab (so the XP auto recalculates), changing CR back to 4 and then pressing tab again.&nbsp; All the rolls then correctly use +6 and DC14.
Alan said: Brad M. said: See my post above. &nbsp;I have heard others report this and say that they were able to work-around it by re-dropping the monsters. &nbsp;This does NOT work for me, so the add on is basically useless at this point. Are you talking about dropping the monsters from the compendium (the 'i' tab in the sidebar) over the top of the NPC sheet?&nbsp; If so this doesn't work when the sheets are popped out into a separate window. That is what I'm talking about but I don't have any separate windows.&nbsp; I reported this as being an issue with the add-on but I am finding most of the monsters dropped from the compendium onto my maps have these mangled stat blocks.&nbsp; The work-around is super annoying (you have to edit each ability and attack, change it to soemthing and then change it back, then it works).&nbsp; Far from ideal but got me past a session last night.