Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Wizards of the Coast Bug Report Megathread

Edited 1558721550
I don't see any class descriptions updated for the latest round, an easy litmus is Spell Slots changing from "your spells" to "your [class] spells" Arthur G., are you sure you're looking at the PHB compendium? Because I see those new errata changes reflected in them.  Also, DMG compendium does not exist in Roll20 so I'm not sure what DMG entry you are talking about.  I think you may be looking at SRD which I don't think ever got these errata changes made to them officially.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Arthur: I'll have a team member from Production verify these reports in the next few weeks (We've hustling on a new release currently!) We do have separate errata documents from Wizards for each book and the SRD, and must update them accordingly, so some things may be eratta in the PHB, but the SRD version hasn't changed. I appreciate you giving a detailed report on where to look! There's a lot of pages in these books ;)
Added issue with druid class link timing out as explained in  this post .
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
Underdark encounters rolltable from XgtE is down:&nbsp;<a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/RollTable:Underdark%20Encounters?order=6#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/RollTable:Underdark%20Encounters?order=6#content</a>
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Sr. K - The encounter pages have been split up into 1-10 and 11-20 now. Thanks for the report!
Moving report here: Dominar Doom &nbsp;said: Hello,&nbsp; Had a blast last night running the final boss fight with my crew against Iymrith.&nbsp; Things were going smoothly until I noticed that her character sheet is correct for all of her special abilities and spells, but is lacking several of her blue dragon abilities, such as her legendary resistances, and lair actions.&nbsp; I was able to catch this just in time but it might be nice for future players and module customers to not have to juggle dnd beyond pages as well as roll20 windows. Thanks a bunch. DD Dominar Doom &nbsp;said: Hello and wow!&nbsp; I wasn't expecting a response,&nbsp; thank you for your diligence.&nbsp; The spells were all totally fine and standard for what I usually see on an npc sheet.&nbsp; Only the lair actions ledendary resistance feature were missing.&nbsp; As far as I could tell.&nbsp; I almost forgot about lair actions but for a line of text in the module that stated somethng to the tune of 'lair actions useable here'&nbsp;
Moving report here: Matthew F. &nbsp;said: Monster (5E) Issue - Giant Scorpion your information on the Giant Scorpion mob for 5E in your compendium is incorrect. It's Sting SAYS it does " Hit:&nbsp; (1d10 + 2) piercing damage plus (4d10)poison damage." This wording, plus the sentence after makes it sound like it takes 2 counts of 4d10. The sting should read as follows: Hit: &nbsp;7 (1d10 + 2) piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 12 Constitution saving throw, taking 22 (4d10) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. keithcurtis &nbsp;said: Confirmed. The actual wording from the SRD is: Sting.&nbsp; Melee Weapon Attack : +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 7 (1d10 + 2) piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 12 Constitution saving throw, taking 22 (4d10) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Voicing similar concern as Sr. K, Magic Items table from XGE when accessed in game gives host error.&nbsp;
The Druid class page in the PHB fails to load and times out.
Moving report here:&nbsp; i_Syko &nbsp;said: Does not load when you click on it for 5E PHB. When you click the subclasses those work fine. Been an issues for the last 2 days.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
SRD: Ettercap The SRD version of the ettercap should not have its Web Garrote variant.
caulbearer said: The Druid class page in the PHB fails to load and times out. I'm having the same issue with the Ranger class.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
SRD: Doppelganger The doppelganger's alignment should be neutral, not unaligned.
Hello, I have the player handbook and xanathar guide and shared my compendium in my campaign setting, but when my players click on a subclass (like "the inquisitive" at the end of the rogue class page) it sends them on the marketplace page for xanathar. Same results on a new campaign. I also get the "roll20 doesn't authorize the connection" when I click on it, but it loads fine when I open it on another google chrome tab. I feel like I paid for something that my players cannot access... Any idea how to fix this ?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Some things to look at: 1. Have you exceeded the number of players who can share compendium slots? 2. Are they trying to access these things outside of the game? Compendium sharing only works within the game itself, not on the site-level compendium.
keithcurtis said: Some things to look at: 1. Have you exceeded the number of players who can share compendium slots? 2. Are they trying to access these things outside of the game? Compendium sharing only works within the game itself, not on the site-level compendium. 1. I still have 2 more slots open to sharing and it is enabled in the campaign setting 2. They trying to access from inside the campaign Something strange we saw is that the page of the inquisitive rogue show up through the charactermancer but not when called through the compendium.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I meant number of players in that given slot. Sorry, I should have stated that more clearly. Unless you have more than 15 players in a game though, that shouldn't be an issue. In any case, I can duplicate your issue, and it's worse than that. I get "roll20.net refused to connect" when clicking on any subclass from any class page. For the time being, you should be able to access the subclass as a workaround by typing the name in the compendium search field. That seems to be working for me.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Compendium Bug: PHB Subclasses to do not display when the links at the bottom of the class page are clicked. Reproduction Steps: Launch game Click "Classes" in Compendium tab Click any class at bottom of resulting page, click any subclass Expected behavior: Subclass page should open Actual behavior: Message is generated that reads " roll20.net refused to connect" External site-based compendium search works properly. Only in-game is affected.
There are only 4 people in that campaign, I get that " roll20.net refused to connect" too in a new campaign with just me as the GM. So it's not from me or my players I guess... Thank you for your fast responses.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Loupaile said: There are only 4 people in that campaign, I get that " roll20.net refused to connect" too in a new campaign with just me as the GM. So it's not from me or my players I guess... Thank you for your fast responses. Heh. Just wish I had the ability to fix ...
Moving report here: Simon S &nbsp;said: This link doesn't work: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Downtime%20Activities?order=6#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Downtime%20Activities?order=6#content</a> This link does work: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Rivals?order=6#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Rivals?order=6#content</a> Cheers, Simon
Moving report here: Derek L. &nbsp;said: When trying to access a few links, among them the Giants and the Goblionoids lore links in the Volo's guide to Monsters compendium page, the site loads for several seconds and then returns an error page. Any help would be appreciated.&nbsp; I was able to access the Goblinoid compendium page, however, I was not able to access the following pages: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Lore:Beholders" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Lore:Beholders</a> <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Lore:Giants" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Lore:Giants</a> <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Lore:Gnolls" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Lore:Gnolls</a> <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Lore:Hags" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Lore:Hags</a> <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Lore:Yuan-ti" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Lore:Yuan-ti</a>
Hi, My players can't see any of the names in the Sword Coast Map on Horad of the Dragon Queen Module, although I, as the DM, can see it correctly. Is this the right thread for this?
I do not have that module but have you checked to see if the names are on the GM Layer and not on the Map Layer?&nbsp;
Hello Lufe T., All of the names are on the GM Info Overlay Layer. You will need to move any names you want the players to see to the Map &amp; Background layer if you want them to see those names.

Edited 1562770940
SRD There are several monster sheets in the SRD that seem to be missing a line of text in attacks that cause a saving throw against poison damage. These sheets will say something like "and the target must make a dc on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one" instead of the full text. For example, the Giant Spider's Bite should say "the target must make a DC 11 Constitution&nbsp;saving throw, taking 9 (2d8) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one" instead. This seems to only be present on the Character Sheet tab, while the attack listed on Bio &amp; Info will be correct. This bug has been reported in the past and fixed for Phase Spider and some other creatures, but its still a problem for the following monster sheets: Giant Spider Giant Wolf Spider Imp Purple Worm Assassin Spirit Naga Giant Poisonous Snake Guardian Naga Giant Centipede Giant Wasp Quasit&nbsp; Scorpion Spider Unfortunately I do not own a copy of the Monster Manual on Roll20, so I'm unable to check if there is a similar problem there.
Dragon Dreamer said: Moving report here: Simon S &nbsp;said: This link doesn't work: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Downtime%20Activities?order=6#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Downtime%20Activities?order=6#content</a> This link does work: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Rivals?order=6#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Rivals?order=6#content</a> Cheers, Simon This is happening for me as well with the XgtE purchase.&nbsp; Specifically with the examples page. -Thank you.
Turn tracker seems to be crashing, becoming completely unusable. I have now stumbled this issue in Dead in Thay, Phylactery vault, when adding demilich and other creatures into the turn order. I also tried to add custom items (Legendary actions) into turn order, but they never appeared. This happened with fresh game (just created and imported module). I also used transmogrifier to bring characters from another game, which were also added into turn order. Debugger seems to give following error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined &nbsp; &nbsp; at app.js?1562959576:548 &nbsp; &nbsp; at Array.forEach (&lt;anonymous&gt;) &nbsp; &nbsp; at Function.C.each.C.forEach (base.js?1559238462:6) &nbsp; &nbsp; at T.i._rebuildInitiativeList (app.js?1562959576:548) &nbsp; &nbsp; at r (base.js?1559238462:6) Additionally, I see following erroer message: Uncaught TypeError: c.querySelectorAll is not a function &nbsp; &nbsp; at MutationObserver.&lt;anonymous&gt; (chrome-extension://mlomiejdfkolichcflejclcbmpeaniij/dist/content_script_bundle.js:16)
Hi Debith, Could you describe how you were adding objects to the turn order? There was a known issue where adding custom objects prevented the addition of new objects to the turn tracker.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi folks - I just wanted to let you all know that the Production Team is currently working on a few big projects and our resources are a bit short - I have documented all reports and once we have a bit of breathing room these will be taken care of. Thank you!
Hey, I don't know if its a bug or working as intended. Their are alot of spells that feel like they are not set up correctly. EG: Lightning Bolt: No&nbsp; damage,&nbsp; doesn't show DC Fire Shield: doesn't roll damage. Their are a few other spells from memory I have had the same issue with. Tho I will have to check them as I get to them. Their is also magic missile. Although i guess this may be because it can target many creatures.. But I would expect it to do this. Magic missile should be 3d4+3 then upcast of 1d4+1. Currently its just 1d4+1 I also wish their was an option for it to display DCs and save type in chat or on the NPC sheet, even when set as just a Spellcard. EG Suggestion, Banishment, ect. Mostly helpful for NPC sheets which dont show DC anywhere unless u write it down somewhere after manually calculating it. Or by adding a random spell that has a DC so u can see what it is.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi&nbsp;00zim00, I don't this doesn't address all issues, but here are some resources and workarounds for some of them. The wiki page for the D&amp;D 5e by Roll20 sheet has some advice on how to run magic missile (it's an odd duck spell for many reasons). As for the Spell DC, I hear you. You can make a token macro that reports the Spell DC without having to cast a spell. /w gm @{selected|spell_save_dc}
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Zim - so the rules AS WRITTEN by WOTC state that you only roll once and then apply that damage to all missiles.&nbsp; Many house rules have changed this, but that is why it is set up with only 1 roll :)
keithcurtis said: Hi&nbsp;00zim00, I don't this doesn't address all issues, but here are some resources and workarounds for some of them. The wiki page for the D&amp;D 5e by Roll20 sheet has some advice on how to run magic missile (it's an odd duck spell for many reasons). As for the Spell DC, I hear you. You can make a token macro that reports the Spell DC without having to cast a spell. /w gm @{selected|spell_save_dc} Trivia said: Hi Zim - so the rules AS WRITTEN by WOTC state that you only roll once and then apply that damage to all missiles.&nbsp; Many house rules have changed this, but that is why it is set up with only 1 roll :) Thanks for the MM&nbsp; info and the macro seems helpful as well. So is 'Lightning Bolt' set up correctly then? just thought i would confirm so that if its fine I wont post any other spells that have the same setup.
Perses said: SRD There are several monster sheets in the SRD that seem to be missing a line of text in attacks that cause a saving throw against poison damage. These sheets will say something like "and the target must make a dc on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one" instead of the full text. For example, the Giant Spider's Bite should say "the target must make a DC 11 Constitution&nbsp;saving throw, taking 9 (2d8) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one" instead. This seems to only be present on the Character Sheet tab, while the attack listed on Bio &amp; Info will be correct. This bug has been reported in the past and fixed for Phase Spider and some other creatures, but its still a problem for the following monster sheets: Giant Spider Giant Wolf Spider Imp Purple Worm Assassin Spirit Naga Giant Poisonous Snake Guardian Naga Giant Centipede Giant Wasp Quasit&nbsp; Scorpion Spider Unfortunately I do not own a copy of the Monster Manual on Roll20, so I'm unable to check if there is a similar problem there. Almost every statblock that has something like the Giant Centipede's or Wyvern's poison save is done incorrectly. The extra damage is being added to the Damage 2 field which gets rolled on a normal hit, and again on a critical hit. This is not how it should be. The correct usage would be to turn the damage in the description field into an inline roll or clickable button instead, like below. The problem with including the damage in Damage 2 is that inexperienced DM's will deal that damage to player characters without realizing it shouldn't be added or doubling it on a critical hit, which it would not be per the rules.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Just an update on pages like Volo's and Xanathar's coming up with 504 errors - We have pushed a usability fix to the Compendium and that should mean these pages are now loading - Please let me know if you have any reports otherwise!
Hello, I’m trying to drag a Behir out from the Monster Manual into my game, and while it creates a token, and the front page of the created journal entry is full of the lore, the actual character sheet isn’t filled out, the token isn’t filled out or the right size, etc. This technique has worked fine for me with lots of other monsters, including now. Any idea what might be going wrong? &nbsp;Is it an issue with the Behir specifically? Thanks for your help!

Edited 1566329509
Curse of Strahd - Werewolf Den unresponsive: I've checked this in both firefox and chrome.&nbsp; Same result.&nbsp; Trying to load the wolf den map causes roll 20 to become unresponsive.&nbsp; If I let it sit for about 20 minutes the map eventually loads but all tokens and other map activities take ages to complete.&nbsp; When I switch maps this isn't an issue.&nbsp; None of my players can load in they get the same page is unresponsive wait/close as I'm getting however I didn't ask them to wait it out like I did.&nbsp; My workaround is just not to use that map for now.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Joe said: Hello, I’m trying to drag a Behir out from the Monster Manual into my game, and while it creates a token, and the front page of the created journal entry is full of the lore, the actual character sheet isn’t filled out, the token isn’t filled out or the right size, etc. This technique has worked fine for me with lots of other monsters, including now. Any idea what might be going wrong? &nbsp;Is it an issue with the Behir specifically? Thanks for your help! Try deleting the Behir and any copies of it from your game. Then try the import again. Out of curiosity, which sheet are you using? If there have been recent changes to a Compendium format, that could cause problems on third-party sheets.
keithcurtis said: Try deleting the Behir and any copies of it from your game. Then try the import again. Out of curiosity, which sheet are you using? If there have been recent changes to a Compendium format, that could cause problems on third-party sheets. Hi Keith, I have tried deleting the token and the Behir character from the Journal before trying again a couple times, and the same thing happened. &nbsp;I also went to a different map page, and tried it both from Chrome on a Windows PC and Safari on my iPhone; no change. I am using the standard Roll20 OGL 5e sheet. I appreciate any other thoughts or suggestions you might have!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is strange. I went ahead and tested on my end and got a correct Behir. Have you tried importing into a brand new game? At least that way maybe we can isolate if it is a problem within the game, or some kind of weird communication with the Compendium.

Edited 1566334399
Joe
Pro
I will go ahead and give that a shot when I can, and let you know. If it works, I can always use Transmogrification to import the correct Behir character into my game. Good idea, thanks! *thumbs up*
Still no update to these monsters and their statblocks. Caelum said: Perses said: SRD There are several monster sheets in the SRD that seem to be missing a line of text in attacks that cause a saving throw against poison damage. These sheets will say something like "and the target must make a dc on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one" instead of the full text. For example, the Giant Spider's Bite should say "the target must make a DC 11 Constitution&nbsp;saving throw, taking 9 (2d8) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one" instead. This seems to only be present on the Character Sheet tab, while the attack listed on Bio &amp; Info will be correct. This bug has been reported in the past and fixed for Phase Spider and some other creatures, but its still a problem for the following monster sheets: Giant Spider Giant Wolf Spider Imp Purple Worm Assassin Spirit Naga Giant Poisonous Snake Guardian Naga Giant Centipede Giant Wasp Quasit&nbsp; Scorpion Spider Unfortunately I do not own a copy of the Monster Manual on Roll20, so I'm unable to check if there is a similar problem there. Almost every statblock that has something like the Giant Centipede's or Wyvern's poison save is done incorrectly. The extra damage is being added to the Damage 2 field which gets rolled on a normal hit, and again on a critical hit. This is not how it should be. The correct usage would be to turn the damage in the description field into an inline roll or clickable button instead, like below. The problem with including the damage in Damage 2 is that inexperienced DM's will deal that damage to player characters without realizing it shouldn't be added or doubling it on a critical hit, which it would not be per the rules.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi folks - we are aware of intermittent issues dragging out monsters and are investigating
Thanks for the update, so I know it’s not just me! :-)
FYI, I was able to drag out a Behir in another of my existing games that I use for templates and resources, and then copy it into my main game. Thanks again Keithcurtis for the idea!
Princes of the Apocalypse: 10 ft maps have a unit size of 10 ft, and 2x2 units on a 10 ft grid (making the square 20'x20').&nbsp; Looks like this was corrected for more recent campaigns back in March but not for the older ones.
Acquisitions Inc: The first built-in Macro:&nbsp;ADV-Ep1-Acq-Inc-Rumors is not working.&nbsp; When clicked it says "No table found with that name."&nbsp; All other macros so far seem to be working fine but not very far into the adventure yet.&nbsp; Just a rough start with the first macro.&nbsp; : )
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
I've catalogued all issues above this point. Thank you all for your reports, and I look forward tackling more patches in the coming weeks! Lost Mine of Phandelver Patch 1.7 Missing text added to the module Module no longer refers to Goblin Ambush battle map Pregenerated characters updated for use with the Charactermancer and Charactermancer Level Up (these appear in the "Updated Player Characters (PCs)" folder and are not currently visible to your players). Please feel free to use these in new games created on or after August 30, 2019. For older games patched to 1.7 you may choose to use the player character sheets your players were already using or switch to the new sheets.