Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Questions thread!

Edited 1502648259
Matt
Plus
The old one has too many posts in it, so here is a new thread for questions! Before asking, you should check the Basic Rules/FAQ post or the "Why don't you...?" FAQ post (and maybe even the Guild Index !) for questions concerning Guild administration and check the Minor Rulings document for questions concerning powers, feats, items, etc. All questions are welcome, but try to make your questions Good Questions !
So what's going to happened to Solundor the Zombie Mage?
hey quick one regarding sorcerers, can i take a power from the heroes of elemental chaos?

Edited 1432585599
Matt
Plus
As long as it is a sorcerer power of an appropriate level, you can pull from any sourcebook, including all the "heroes of the..." "... power" and dragon mags. What happens to your mage is the decision of the GM who ran the session.

Edited 1432586762
Santi
Plus
thanks, oh is just an at will at the moment, also i have the animal master theme, but they dont have snake, so i was wondering if i can use the cat's stats for snake, everything is the same just is a snake instead of a cat,(for roleplay purposes, and her backstory)
As long as the stats remain the same you can refluff it however you like.
ok thanks man, that was the last before i do the macros
is there a way to make a macro change an attribute?
So to have a macro call up an attribute, you can do @{NAME|Attribute} for that macro. For instance, say I want a macro to call up a character's (call him Bob) Strength mod. I would do [[1d20+@{Bob|Str}]]. You can use this for many different situations (like half-level!), and even add your own attributes. This makes it so you can adjust one or a couple numbers as you level up and you do not need to tweak every macro. Let me know if that makes sense or you need additional help.
hi new just joined. Would some one be able to set me up in the journal so i can build my character and get the macros set up ?
It is done.
Any news on my alt's token/journal entry? I'd like to keep my assassin for the missions with smaller parties and more sneaky options; the Vampire's only got stealth as a utility skill.
Rynce: you must have changed your in-game name because I cannot find it to assign you a new journal entry.

Edited 1433349221
Hey just an idea you have the upcoming sessions thread and people beside gms are posting there maybe make a new stickied thread that is idk rollcall where people can say that they will be around that day or something along those lines.May stop the non gm posting in upcoming sessions.Just an idea that popped into my head. Im still new here so my guess is you guys post something happening tonight and people just show up at that time and you all pick from that lot of people.right?
Usually we do a roll off to see who gets into the session but in special circumstances we will ask how many people can make a certain session in a new thread related to that session. The Siege ones are special in that, timeline wise, they should be happening at the same time. That means if we had the ability to run multiple sessions at the same time and enough people to play said sessions, thats how it would pan out ideally. Working with the people and resources we have though, it is assumed that those who have not attended any siege sessions would be granted a spot if they show up in time while those who have already done one would be able to take remaining spots if there are any present. In the case where there are many people present who have not played a siege session, we would do a roll off as normal. Same goes for people who have done the siege and remaining spots. Hope I haven't just confused the hell out of anyone :)
There is a thread for that, it's called "Rally Time!", but it's not a sticky thread so it's a bit further down than the rest. As for the upcoming sessions, yes, a GM announces what time he would like to start, but he can decide to start early if there are enough people to start, for example last week it started maybe 3 hours early because there were so many people on already. That does not happen very often though, as all DMs are different and can't always start early, so don't count on starting early and just show up when you can. But what you said is correct, about how depending on how many people show up to a game, the DM may ask for everyone to /gmroll [[1d20]] to see who gets to play.
How do I get a journal? I'm trying to get my macros set up before the next game.
Click "Join Game" and one of the DMs should be able to assign you one. If there's no one on, just leave a message, and someone can set it up for you.
Where do I put Skill Bonuses on my character sheet?
In a mythweavers sheet, Skills are on the first page at the bottom left.
How many powers can I have at level 1 and what kinds should I use?
Please read the PHB chapters specified in the basic rules thread. They cover most of the core mechanics of the game. If you go to Page 29, for instance, it will give you a chart of the number of powers you will have at any given level.
ok so how does fate cards work ? do i get a fate deck in game ? and what do the cards do exacly?
On the powers: 3 important notes. 1) Some essentials classes will not follow that template, but they take you through your choices at each level. 2) Several classes (mostly leaders) start with a couple bonus Encounter powers like Healing Word or Channel Divinity. 3) Psionic characters that use power points. Message me if you need help. Fate Deck: From what I can gather from skimming, a Fate deck is basically a much weaker version of the Deck of Many Things. It would interest me to find out if we're using the Fate system in this game
We are not using Fate decks in this game.
Ok, I was reading through the rules and I found the section on Macros... what are these, and how do I set them up so they are always available to me in game?
Brice: between this page: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros</a> and the explanation in the basic rules thread, that should get you started. There will also usually be someone in-game who can help you out :-)
That leaves me even more confused...
There is a "join game" button. There is a session going on right now, but if you hop in a little bit later, someone will surely help you!
how many times can you reroll a character? and if you take the background that says you come from a rich family or you are rich or something (i forgot what it was) will it affect my starting gold? im not going to reroll my character im just asking for future refrence
You're essentially allowed to completely remake your character as you see fit up through lvl 2 (equilement and stuff carrying over of course).
i have a power i can get next level and its called "calm before the storm" it comes with 2 daily powers and the first one says i can use the second one at will ... does it mean i can keep using it over and over like a at will power and i ignore the fact that its a daily while in the stance?

Edited 1435429050
As long as you are in the stance, you can use the secondary power as often as you like. You can only enter the stance once per day, though, and stances end when you take a short rest or assume another stance. Once you end the stance, you can no longer reactivate it that day (barring many things that change this) but until then you can keep using the at-will power.
Duration: A stance lasts until the character assumes another stance or until the character falls unconscious or dies. A stance also ends at the end of the encounter, unless the stance can be assumed at will.
I don't think this campaign is gonna be for me, so if I could get a boot so I don't keep getting notification.
I mean you can leave the campaign yourself. Sorry to see you go, man.
Oh... I don't know how...
Go here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/533427/guild-living-campaign" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/533427/guild-living-campaign</a> Under the Join Game button, there is the Chat Archive button. Beneath that is the Leave Campaign button.
i bought this helmet called helm of seven deaths or something and a gm recently pointed out to me that it was a rare item. could i have bought that ? and how can i tell if a item is rare on the DnD character builder store ?
How to tell if an item is rare: The Method I use. Go to this site: <a href="http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/datab" rel="nofollow">http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/datab</a>... Search for the item by name There is a column labeled rarity This, for some reason, does not always reflect whether something is exceedingly rare or not (See: Sword of the White Well, as well as all Hexblade weapons
what about the helm of seven souls or deaths or w.e that i bought . was i allowed to ? if not ill just buy something else with the money
There is no restriction on rares at the moment. I asked about it and the answer I was given was that until/unless things get out of hand you are free to have it.
Gary is correct! As of right now (if you check the rules on items, <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1213982/rules-on" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1213982/rules-on</a>... ) "There are very few buying restrictions in this campaign. If you can afford the list price of the item in the official guide that lists it, you can purchase it with your GP at any time between quests (or where you could take an extended rest). Yes, if you want to buy +6 Curseforged armor and you've got 2,125,000 gp, you can. The primary restriction is that artifacts..." etc. You may buy as many rare items as you like, so long as they are not artifacts or unique items. I have been considering adding in a limit to the number of rares you can have, but I have not yet done so, and given the headache it might cause for players, may never do so. tl;dr: most rare items are perfectly legal, including the helm of seven deaths (which is a cool item!)
what about changing feats? idk where but i know i saw something about being able to change a power or a feat that you got before when you level up found a cheat in my abilities which i didnt notice before skittering mouse style + mark of passage + five storms i didint get any of those before because i couldnt find a ability which let me shift more than 3 times constantly so skittering mouse style seemed useless to me =s

Edited 1436975822
Retraining is something you can do every time you level up. I think that that dragonmarks are special in that they can't be retrained in this campaign. Not sure that particular combination is going to be terribly useful, but that's sort of beside the point. Edit: What I mean by that is that there aren't a lot of instances you want to shift through monsters. Since you are small you can already shift through the spaces of large monsters and larger, so it has to be a medium or smaller creature you are moving through.
hmm i thought the marks were like any other feat i want to make my monk as mobile as possible because i gave him a large ammount of aoe abilities and there were many times where if i could jjust have passed by a certain monster i wouldve gotten 4 creatures in my attack other then 2 how many can i retrain when i level ? and can i only retrain feat or can i do that with powers and themes as well ?
Erico P. said: hmm i thought the marks were like any other feat i want to make my monk as mobile as possible because i gave him a large ammount of aoe abilities and there were many times where if i could jjust have passed by a certain monster i wouldve gotten 4 creatures in my attack other then 2 how many can i retrain when i level ? and can i only retrain feat or can i do that with powers and themes as well ? Each lvl you may choose to retrain a power or a feat. As for changing themes that's something you'll need to talk with a DM about.
Peter C. said: Erico P. said: hmm i thought the marks were like any other feat i want to make my monk as mobile as possible because i gave him a large ammount of aoe abilities and there were many times where if i could jjust have passed by a certain monster i wouldve gotten 4 creatures in my attack other then 2 how many can i retrain when i level ? and can i only retrain feat or can i do that with powers and themes as well ? Each lvl you may choose to retrain a power or a feat. As for changing themes that's something you'll need to talk with a DM about. Themes are also retrainable, but as per rules, if you took any powerswaps or feats from that theme, you must first retrain out of them before you can retrain your theme.
there is this item in store called frost unarmed attack +1, and ki weapon unarmed attack +1 my monk should be proficient in unarmed attacks soo how come it looks red for me on the character builder market place? are they not just an upgraded version of my monk unarmed strike? also is there a item that will let me do cold damage with my at wills?
Can we invest in Wondrous Lair Items? If so, how would we go about doing so, considering that, by definition, the entire guild benefits? Specifically, thinking of getting a Ritualist's Lectern, but the principle is fluid. In a related topic, can I mount said lectern in my wagon?
Erico: what store are you talking about? No, they are not upgraded versions of your monk unarmed strike. There are no upgraded versions of monk unarmed strike; just higher-level ki focuses If you use a monk unarmed strike, there is not much you can do to make it to cold damage unless you abuse frozen whetstones. Rynce: sure, you can invest in lair items, but you cannot move them from the guild hall. The in-game value of a ritualist's lectern is limited for this campaign.