Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

I know if can be found in the one click list. Otherwise you can find it here:&nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/ChatSetAttr" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/ChatSetAttr</a>
CraigDMHyde said: I tried searching for&nbsp;Jacob's ChatSetAttr. What is that? Got a link? :) Jakob's ChatSetAttr
CraigDMHyde said: I tried searching for&nbsp;Jacob's ChatSetAttr. What is that? Got a link? :) Script is in the library- easy to install
CraigDMHyde said: I tried searching for&nbsp;Jacob's ChatSetAttr. What is that? Got a link? :) Script is in the library- easy to install Also including a link to the forum post <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3737514/script-c" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3737514/script-c</a>...
I have a question about a strange problem I've been having. It may not even be related to the sheet, but it seems to only be with the Shaped sheet. When I click on the character sheet to make it roll something for me, the output is positioned a bit too high in the textbox, such that it covers up a portion of the chat icons. It's a minor issue but it's baffling because it only happens in some games I use the sheet and not others. Any idea what the cause might be? This is the problematic way it appears. Notice the bottom of the chat avatar getting clipped off. This is how it SHOULD appear: As you can see here, it isn't riding up on the avatar.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Is every game using the same version of the sheet? Perhaps the CSS is not updated the same on all games?
How do I add a Spell Scroll to the shaped sheet?
mAc said: I have a question about a strange problem I've been having. It may not even be related to the sheet, but it seems to only be with the Shaped sheet. When I click on the character sheet to make it roll something for me, the output is positioned a bit too high in the textbox, such that it covers up a portion of the chat icons. It's a minor issue but it's baffling because it only happens in some games I use the sheet and not others. Any idea what the cause might be? This is the problematic way it appears. Notice the bottom of the chat avatar getting clipped off. This is how it SHOULD appear: As you can see here, it isn't riding up on the avatar. I notice the second one has chat timestamps turned on. I think that extra line of text is pushing things down and pushing the roll box down some as a result.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I notice the second one has chat timestamps turned on. I think that extra line of text is pushing things down and pushing the roll box down some as a result. Brilliant, Holmes!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Albert R. said: How do I add a Spell Scroll to the shaped sheet? Add a spell at any level and drag a spell from the SRD.
It sounds like you've imported spells from the script? Assuming so the script has several issues due to the recent breaking change that roll20 has done. See my issue tracker:&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issue" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issue</a>... You can toggle the attack or saving throw checkbox and things will likely work. I need to resolve several script issues, but am simply involved in other projects right now which are taking most of my time. Not sure what you mean here?&nbsp; I very new to using your sheet, 90% of it is confusing me.&nbsp; IDK how to even import a script and where to get it from.&nbsp; Do you have a document that goes into detail on how to use the finer points of the sheet?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you ask questions here either I or another person can provide assistance. The basic operation for the sheet is the edit mode (pencil). Turn that on and you can edit things freely. To add a spell for example: Enter edit mode Turn spells on Click the "Add" button under 1st level spells (which should be toggled on by default) Search the compendium for a spell drag the spell into the new slot
Kryx, since your reply, I have figured out the drag and drop from the SRD, i also now get the general concept of the scripts (API) though I may not mess with that... lol.&nbsp; I don't really need to make any macros for my group, your sheet is fantastic man... Thanks for all the hard work!
Kryx said: Albert R. said: How do I add a Spell Scroll to the shaped sheet? Add a spell at any level and drag a spell from the SRD. Does the sheet know that the spell is a one use scroll that does not consume my character's spell slots?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, sorry. I skipped over the scroll part. Add uses to it and it shouldn't use your slots.
Kryx said: Ah, sorry. I skipped over the scroll part. Add uses to it and it shouldn't use your slots. Spell scrolls use their own DC as shown below.&nbsp; How do I tell the sheet to use the scroll's DC? Cantrip Common 13 +5 1st Common 13 +5 2nd Uncommon 13 +5 3rd Uncommon 15 +7 4th Rare 15 +7 5th Rare 17 +9 6th Very rare 17 +9 7th Very rare 18 +10 8th Very rare 18 +10 9th Legendary 19 +11
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, as you can see the feature is somewhat half baked. Lucian (the script creator) stopped working on the script a few months back and we never fully finished this implementation. Since he left I've been too overwhelmed with the work required to make much progress. To get them to work currently you'll need to manually adjust the DC by changing the DC bonus to either add or subtract from your spell DC as necessary.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: Ah, sorry. I skipped over the scroll part. Add uses to it and it shouldn't use your slots. Blink-blink. Well, now I feel stupid. That's awesome.
How do I add a saving throw bonus, like from Ring of Protection?
Christopher B. said: How do I add a saving throw bonus, like from Ring of Protection? This is done by adding a modifier:
Kryx said: Ah, as you can see the feature is somewhat half baked. Lucian (the script creator) stopped working on the script a few months back and we never fully finished this implementation. Since he left I've been too overwhelmed with the work required to make much progress. To get them to work currently you'll need to manually adjust the DC by changing the DC bonus to either add or subtract from your spell DC as necessary. Kryx, It is ok.&nbsp; I appreciate all the work you have put into this.
Hey guys, this is no doubt a silly question I missed along the line but, how are the uses, per use, fields supposed to be filled out, I can't seem to get them to work properly? Thanks in advance!
Just like in math. X out of Y
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.5.6 Bug Fixes Large testing and fixing process which resolves many script issues when using version 11.3.2 of the script: #15: Issues with actions on character import , #16: NPC - API Import , #17: !shaped-expand-spells --all not working , and #20: OGL Conversion: !shaped-update-character .
Yay! Thanks, Kryx!
Big thumbs up. You have the patience of a saint. Thanks so much! Paypal gift sent. I'm mentioning it here to encourage others to do the same. Or Patreon, that's a good choice too.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.5.7 Bug Fixes #27: Armor class does not import Import of spells without an attack or save (Magic Missile) now properly sets the damage on by default. Closes #618: Multiple NPC Spellcasting Issues
is anyone else having problems downloading the latest sheet? This site can’t be reached raw.githubusercontent.com took too long to respond. Try: Checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall Running Windows Network Diagnostics ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Edited 1506881174
Jon M. said: is anyone else having problems downloading the latest sheet? This site can’t be reached raw.githubusercontent.com took too long to respond. Try: Checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall Running Windows Network Diagnostics ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Yes, I was having the same issues, I ended up having to use a proxy extension to access them. Seems to be an issue with the "raw.githubusercontent.com" domain specifically, not sure if my ISP is being stupid about Github for some reason.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is awesome. Kryx, thank you for continuing to support the sheet despite demotivating bugs which are none of your fault!
Any ETA on a fix to the Hit Dice calculations when multiclassing? Currently we're 2 in a group that multiclass and even though I'm 6th level Monk and 1st level Barbarian, it only counts 5 levels of Monk
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm only aware of issues that are posted on my tracker. Try removing all classes and readding them on the latest version. If that does not solve it then please open an issue. As long as you haven't manually adjusted the attributes & abilities it should work.
I wanted to voice my appreciation for your work, Kryx. Half of Roll20's appeal for me comes from your sheet (and the helper script) :-) [The other half is dynamic lighting]
Awesome work!!!! Thanks a bunch!!!!!
Hey I seem to remember being able to change default settings for all new characters (such as break ties, send to tracker, kilograms/meters, etc.) from the "Game Settings" area, and now for the life of me I can't. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks!&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Martinez said: Hey I seem to remember being able to change default settings for all new characters (such as break ties, send to tracker, kilograms/meters, etc.) from the "Game Settings" area, and now for the life of me I can't. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks!&nbsp; Kryx said: Game defaults were removed from my sheet months ago because Roll20 provided no way to test them. Instead of them being used and potentially ruining games I figured it was best to remove them.
Argh. I need to sleep more.&nbsp;Thank you.
Anyone have any tips on how to reduce lag? I noticed it takes a few seconds to pull up character sheets after I click them on the journal. I experience this even for sheets created from scratch using the latest version.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The architecture of sheets combined with the functionality provided by my sheet is the cause of the lag. You'll experience similar lag on other sheets, but likely less as mine stores more fields. There isn't much you can do to change this beyond not adding too many spells.

Edited 1507064741
Thorsten
KS Backer
@Christopher B., it's also possible you are running into a known issue with Chrome and Lastpass. That combination slows things to a crawl. You can open a new tab in "incognito" mode (Ctrl-Shift-N) and load roll20 there to see whether any of your extensions are causing the lag. We (my gaming group) have not seen the same issue with Firefox.
Thorsten B. said: You can open a new tab in "incognito" mode (Ctrl-Shift-N) and load roll20 there to see whether any of your extensions are causing the lag. We also use a third-party app for chat so the only thing running in Chrome is Roll20. Having just Chrome and a chat app running during game time has given us the highest performance for everyone. Of course, as the DM, I have various PDFs open too, but the idea is to run as lean as possible.
Kryx said: The architecture of sheets combined with the functionality provided by my sheet is the cause of the lag. You'll experience similar lag on other sheets, but likely less as mine stores more fields. There isn't much you can do to change this beyond not adding too many spells. A note on Spell Management. I gave the following info to my players so they can easily change the spells on their sheet to only those that they need. They otherwise add every conceivable spell they could use. I haven't tested with the latest version of the sheet and script but it works for us. What follows is the message I posted in our game's forum; The character sheet suffers from lag (slowness) the more spells that are input to it. For spellcasters who have a lot of spells in their spellbook and/or regularly change their prepared list for the day, and thus, have every conceivable spell they might want on their character sheet - this will cause lag - severe with the more spells as levels are gained. We are probably not there yet but the sheet author has been known to say that if you have over 20 spells on your sheet you may experience lag. So I recommend only keeping those spells that are that are prepared on the sheet and removing the unprepared ( if they are SRD or Compendium ) spells if you experience lag or are more than 20 spells . Fortunately, I discovered this goody as part of the companion script for the sheet; You can add or remove SRD spells from your character sheet by typing the command, !shaped-list-spells in the chat. It will display all the SRD spells in the chat like this; You can then click on a pink spell to add it to your character sheet (the same as if dragging from the compendium), or remove a grey spell that is already on your sheet. Note that spells that are not in the compendium will not show, so if you manually entered a spell like, Hex, you cannot remove it (but you won't want to probably). You can further refine the spell list by clicking on the options or use the spell query. Or, you could type them in as part of the command. For example, if you only want Wizard spells of 1st-2nd level you would type in !shaped-list-spells --lists Wizard --level 1,2 and you would get this output; I was able to get the chat command by pressing the up arrow after selecting the options. So, this is a quick and handy way to keep only those spells on your sheet that you have prepared and keep the lag to a minimum. But it means you need to keep a record of spells known if you are a Wizard (i.e. you need an actual spellbook of your spellbook). Spells that you have manually entered just keep and use the prepared button to toggle. Finally, to use this you must have your token selected . I would recommend you make your own macro in the macro section of Roll20 and check the box "Show as Token Action?".
Brand new to API's and here is what I am running into...&nbsp; Anyone know what I need to do?
Shane B. said: Brand new to API's and here is what I am running into...&nbsp; Anyone know what I need to do? When you go to the chat box in the game, there should be a message with a clickable box that says to Update the script. If not, run !shaped-config and it should prompt you.
techiecarer said: Shane B. said: Brand new to API's and here is what I am running into...&nbsp; Anyone know what I need to do? OK so I did that and it was something that had never came up so I thought it worked but it still isn't using spell slots...It should, right?

Edited 1507342767
Shane B. said: OK so I did that and it was something that had never came up so I thought it worked but it still isn't using spell slots...It should, right? You need to enable that on each sheet individually that has already been set up, then you can set up the configuration in the !shaped-config menus (New Characters -&gt; "Auto spell slots/points" to on) so it automatically applies to any new sheets you make.
Hey, can anyone give me the link for the Shaped Companion Script. The one I have is not working, and the one click on in Roll 20 is out of date.
Arthur B. said: Hey, can anyone give me the link for the Shaped Companion Script. The one I have is not working, and the one click on in Roll 20 is out of date. The link on the first post of the first page of this thread is the correct script.

Edited 1507509750
techiecarer said: Arthur B. said: Hey, can anyone give me the link for the Shaped Companion Script. The one I have is not working, and the one click on in Roll 20 is out of date. The link on the first post of the first page of this thread is the correct script. When I run that one, I always get SyntaxError: Unexpected token : It stops all my other API's from running.
First, I recommend post Script issues in the&nbsp; Shaped Script thread . Try copying the script again, its possible you missed part. I've done that before. Otherwise, start disabling scripts until the error goes away, its possible there is an unexpected interaction with a different script or the error is from a different script.