Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

sirren said: Thanks a lot, Kryx. These seem to work, except for characters that have both a first name and a last name. What's the correct syntax there? I tried putting "_" in place of the space, enclosing the name in quotes and square brackets, but I guess it is something else. Also I know this is more of a companion script question, but how do I create macros for all the class features that a character has? I found the commands for actions/traits/reactions/attacks, but not for class features. !shaped-abilities --classFeatures
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gary W. said: !shaped-abilities --classFeatures I've pinged Lucian to ensure this gets added to his documentation
Hi - First of all this is a great sheet so thanks to Kryx and the community for this. I'm finding that when I drop spellcasting NPCs from the compendium SRD (e.g. Mage), the spells are just titles with no effect and rolls. I have to manually drag the spells from compendium into the sheet for this to 'fill up'. Is this normal? I'm using 10.1.5. Also is there a place to see all the change logs other than manually going through this thread?  I'm also interested to know what is meant by 'breaking changes', and whether automatic updates to the sheet version in my campaign actually work or does it get wonky over time and I should try to do a full refresh? Thanks in advance - I tried using the search functions but they're not that helpful.
Erudo L said: Hi - First of all this is a great sheet so thanks to Kryx and the community for this. I'm finding that when I drop spellcasting NPCs from the compendium SRD (e.g. Mage), the spells are just titles with no effect and rolls. I have to manually drag the spells from compendium into the sheet for this to 'fill up'. Is this normal? I'm using 10.1.5. Also is there a place to see all the change logs other than manually going through this thread?  I'm also interested to know what is meant by 'breaking changes', and whether automatic updates to the sheet version in my campaign actually work or does it get wonky over time and I should try to do a full refresh? Thanks in advance - I tried using the search functions but they're not that helpful. That is normal operation. The SRD is just a listing from the PHB or MM, so the sheet can only fill out the names of the spells. And there is no way for the sheet to access the SRD to pull in the spell information automatically. So quick answer, you will always have to do it that way. 'Breaking Changes' usually refers to a change in underlying naming conventions or such that could possible break peoples macros or other automated features they have created in using the sheet within their own game.  Kryx has been very diligent that the sheet updates itself with little to no issues (and fixes the issues that do come up) and tests that as much as possible with help from the community. So a full refresh should never be needed.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Erudo L said: Also is there a place to see all the change logs other than manually going through this thread? I'm also interested to know what is meant by 'breaking changes', and whether automatic updates to the sheet version in my campaign actually work or does it get wonky over time and I should try to do a full refresh? The OP includes a link to the changelog where you can see them all:  Changelog I've specified what a breaking change means in this thread, I'll add it to the changelog as well.
Thanks Mark B and Kryx!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've updated the changelog with the following information: Versioning I use Semantic Versioning which has 3 numbers separated by a dot: Major.Minor.Patch I use Major versions a bit liberally - I consider the following to be major changes: Any changes to existing roll template fields Any change to a repeating section which makes existing macro references break New features are a minor version. Bugs fall into the patch category. The sheet will always upgrade itself unless I specify otherwise, though some things like roll template fields changing will require users who have added custom macros to fix.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Erudo L said: Hi - First of all this is a great sheet so thanks to Kryx and the community for this. I'm finding that when I drop spellcasting NPCs from the compendium SRD (e.g. Mage), the spells are just titles with no effect and rolls. I have to manually drag the spells from compendium into the sheet for this to 'fill up'. Is this normal? I'm using 10.1.5. Depending on whether you have the $$$ to drop, a pro subscription and the Shaped Companion script would also fix this problem for you. The script supports auto-expanding SRD spells to work around the limitations of the current Compendium format. If you run a regular game on Roll20, I'd say that the money is well worth the time you will save. I'd certainly recommend trying it for a month so you can make an informed decision.
HLazar said: Doug E. said: This is awesome. I wonder what would happen if Lander Calben's name changed? It seems to me it would break all of this. I wonder if instead of the name, the character_id could be used? I can test later but someone might know the answer off the top. Sure, you can use the character name as a variable. I checked and this seems to work. [goading attack](~@{character_name}|repeating_classfeature_-KeZNJKiHOXGfS48bZ2Y_action)  but there comes a point to which you are self-referencing and bogged down in code. I don't plan to change my character's name anytime soon. It would be more like I was creating a new character and would copy and paste this code for other reasons and then I could just find/replace in notepad or whatever. my two cents Awesome. Thanks for testing that.
Hey, I was just wondering in the latest public sheet, when I needed to make a mystic I used the spells tab and selected points instead of slots and there was a limit option. is that for the mystic class in itself or part of a different rule in the alternate spell casting?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spell limit could easily be used for a mystic, sure. DMG 289 has the spell points by level which uses "Max Spell Level" which would be the same as a point value. Always using point values is more clear so I've presented it as a limit with the equivalent spell points.
After getting MM I'm able to drag and drop monster tokens from compendium to tabletop, which is great. What's still missing is the ability to easily access the monster's actions. I have to find the journal entry for that monster, open the sheet, then click on the attack action. If I have multiple monsters on tabletop, I have to keep multiple sheets ready during combat. What are my options to further streamline this? Can the !shaped-abilities command from the companion script help with this? What would the workflow look like? Is there a way to easily click through to the sheet from the token? Some other way I haven't thought about? Thanks in advance.

Edited 1490526270
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Erudo said: After getting MM I'm able to drag and drop monster tokens from compendium to tabletop, which is great. What's still missing is the ability to easily access the monster's actions. I have to find the journal entry for that monster, open the sheet, then click on the attack action. If I have multiple monsters on tabletop, I have to keep multiple sheets ready during combat. What are my options to further streamline this? Can the !shaped-abilities command from the companion script help with this? What would the workflow look like? Is there a way to easily click through to the sheet from the token? Some other way I haven't thought about? Thanks in advance.  Yes, it can, and I'm in the process of trying to improve the workflow as we speak. Currently you have to select the token and run !shaped-apply-defaults and it will configure it and the character it represents according to your preferred defaults, including adding token actions. You configure the defaults in !shaped-config. You will need a Pro subscription for this as it's a feature of the Companion API script. I'm hoping to be able to make this all happen automatically (if you so choose) when you drag a token from the MM, but there are some challenges involved... Shift double click the token
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Erudo said: After getting MM I'm able to drag and drop monster tokens from compendium to tabletop, which is great. What's still missing is the ability to easily access the monster's actions. I have to find the journal entry for that monster, open the sheet, then click on the attack action. If I have multiple monsters on tabletop, I have to keep multiple sheets ready during combat. What are my options to further streamline this? Can the !shaped-abilities command from the companion script help with this? What would the workflow look like? Is there a way to easily click through to the sheet from the token? Some other way I haven't thought about? Thanks in advance. 3. Yes! Sheet macros. The sheet has predefined abilities to help you run stuff without having to open the sheet. Look into macros such as %{selected|shaped_statblock} or %{selected|shaped_actions}. (There's more on the settings page of the sheet).
Currently the Ability Checks and Saving Throws buttons in "chatWindow" mode whisper to the GM. This works well for monster sheets, but when PC's start using these (for example through Companion-set token actions) it gets spammy for the GM. Is it possible to make those actually whisper to either: - Whoever clicks the button. - First non-GM of PC sheet - Configurable player Or some other smart option...
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Arno said: Currently the Ability Checks and Saving Throws buttons in "chatWindow" mode whisper to the GM. This works well for monster sheets, but when PC's start using these (for example through Companion-set token actions) it gets spammy for the GM. Is it possible to make those actually whisper to either: - Whoever clicks the button. - First non-GM of PC sheet - Configurable player Or some other smart option... Actually, they whisper to the character, which will whisper to whoever controls it. So unless the GM is set to control these characters, it will not spam the GM.
Jakob said: Arno said: Currently the Ability Checks and Saving Throws buttons in "chatWindow" mode whisper to the GM. This works well for monster sheets, but when PC's start using these (for example through Companion-set token actions) it gets spammy for the GM. Is it possible to make those actually whisper to either: - Whoever clicks the button. - First non-GM of PC sheet - Configurable player Or some other smart option... Actually, they whisper to the character, which will whisper to whoever controls it. So unless the GM is set to control these characters, it will not spam the GM. Strange, that's not what I am getting. See: <a href="https://i.imgur.com/Wo4IUAL.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/Wo4IUAL.png</a> Character "Joy tester" controlled by "Test J", sending whisper to GM "Joy". Am I missing something?

Edited 1490529083
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Arno said: Strange, that's not what I am getting. See: <a href="https://i.imgur.com/Wo4IUAL.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/Wo4IUAL.png</a> Character "Joy tester" controlled by "Test J", sending whisper to GM "Joy". Am I missing something? Joy tester contains a space, so it simply whispers to Joy instead.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Jakob said: Arno said: Strange, that's not what I am getting. See: <a href="https://i.imgur.com/Wo4IUAL.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/Wo4IUAL.png</a> Character "Joy tester" controlled by "Test J", sending whisper to GM "Joy". Am I missing something? Joy tester contains a space, so it simply whispers to Joy instead. Can the sheet use character_id for this instead to avoid this problem?
Jakob said: Joy tester contains a space, so it simply whispers to Joy instead. Ahaha brilliant that's it, thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucian said: Can the sheet use character_id for this instead to avoid this problem? I believe it isn't possible to whisper to a character id, but I'm not sure.

Edited 1490531296
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: Lucian said: Can the sheet use character_id for this instead to avoid this problem? I believe it isn't possible to whisper to a character id, but I'm not sure. Bummer, doesn't look like it works. Perhaps quoting the name might be the lesser of two evils? Spaces in names seem a lot more common than quotes?

Edited 1490533108
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
<a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/365/macro-buttons-in-the-settings-throw-errors" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/365/macro-buttons-in-the-settings-throw-errors</a> There was a post about it on these forums too. It should work.
I am sure it has been asked before but a lot of posts to try and go through. &nbsp;By chance how to add the reroll function to the damage die in weapons for great weapon fighting? &nbsp;reroll 1s and 2s, to make it easier then remembering to check each time and hitting the damage button again? &nbsp;just curious. &nbsp;Thanks
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Settings tab -&gt; dice modifiers. You can then add ro&lt;2 to your attacks.
Thanks Kryx, wasn't sure what that option was actually for.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.0.4 Bug Fixes OGL conversion changes based on the silent updates. Solves #408: Yawning Portal Conversion - Senses are missing , #407: Yawning Portal Conversion - Speed Attribute , #410: Yawning Portal Conversion - Proficiency Bonus , #409: Yawning Portal Conversion - Ability Check Proficiency and Expertise

Edited 1490786533
Kryx said: 11.0.4 Bug Fixes OGL conversion changes based on the silent updates. Solves #408: Yawning Portal Conversion - Senses are missing , #407: Yawning Portal Conversion - Speed Attribute , #410: Yawning Portal Conversion - Proficiency Bonus , #409: Yawning Portal Conversion - Ability Check Proficiency and Expertise Great! This should also fix: <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/404/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/404/</a>... However right now it's not working for me yet. I updated to 11.0.4 and ran "!shaped-update-character". Should that be enough? Or do I need to re-add the entire addon to the campaign? Edit : For posterity, I had to re-import the entire YP addon, and now it's OK.
Apologies if this is discussed elsewhere but: I'm trying to create a custom 5E class. &nbsp;It would be awesome if I could throw a .js file somewhere or tweak a file to include my custom class, rather than asking my players to hand-edit everything. &nbsp;Am I better off going that route? &nbsp;I thought maybe I could hand-jam some stuff into the 5eShaped.html that I downloaded, but the class content appears to be in a lot of places, even if I got it working, upgrading all of that would be a pain/error prone. Thoughts?

Edited 1490762751
You can upvote&nbsp; this ticket which seems similar to what you need.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Roman said: You can upvote&nbsp; this ticket which seems similar to what you need. I did, and I exhort all sentient beings to do likewise. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
<a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/343/allow-custom-class-race-archetype" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/343/allow-custom-class-race-archetype</a> is the issue you're searching for. The one linked above is just about adding archetypes to the sheet.

Edited 1490796099
Sorry I didn't notice separate issue for custom classes. Would it be wastly different from development perspective to add custom JSON support for Classes vs. Achetypes?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue you linked is about adding archetypes. The issue I linked is about adding custom data for classes, races, and archetypes.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
creepyfellow said: Seems every time I come back to Roll20 after a hiatus all things start breaking! :p Can anyone guide me to the latest JSON database for monsters and spells import? The script now contains SRD data built into it. If you want a database containing more than that this is not the place to ask - that's copyright material and any attempt to distribute could result in you being banned from Roll20 permanently under DMCA rules.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.1.0 Features PCs hit points will be calculated automatically if "Automatic hit points" is turned on on the settings page. Closes #402: PCs should have the option of displaying default hit points OGL conversion now happens as one server call. The process should be quicker and notification window will now go away at the end. OGL conversion will now remove all repeating sections from the OGL sheet to reduce the number of fields on the sheet. Less fields = less lag. Bug Fixes #414: OGL Conversion - Statblock Macro #411: OGL Conversion - Spells are not sorted by level
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: PCs hit points will be calculated automatically if "Automatic hit points" is turned on on the settings page. Closes #402: PCs should have the option of displaying default hit points Thanks Kryx! That was quick.
Should cantrips dragged from SRD work on NPC characters on the latest 11.1.0 version? It seems since they do not have the [level] attribute they don't work, even adding that manually it seems most of the damage sections working b default.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Acid Splash dragged from the SRD works without issue for me. If you're experiencing otherwise please open an issue with reproduction steps. @{level} is your character level, not the spell level.
Is there a possibility that the new HP thing is backwards? It seems to be applying damage to total and now current.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jerry F. said: Is there a possibility that the new HP thing is backwards? It seems to be applying damage to total and now current. New hp thing? There is no new hp thing as far as I'm aware. If you're experiencing otherwise please open an issue with reproduction steps.
I've updated to the most recent 11.1.0 sheet and the 8.3.1 script and I'm getting the following error: "Error: No attribute or sheet field found for character_id -KgQrZq0DitMjwX2GG1J named version" "5eShapedCompanion 1490821206173 INFO : Detected sheet version as : undefined" "5eShapedCompanion 1490821206175 ERROR : Incompatible sheet version undefined. You need at least version 11.0.0 to use this script. Please install an updated sheet."
Mark W. said: I've updated to the most recent 11.1.0 sheet and the 8.3.1 script and I'm getting the following error: "Error: No attribute or sheet field found for character_id -KgQrZq0DitMjwX2GG1J named version" "5eShapedCompanion 1490821206173 INFO : Detected sheet version as : undefined" "5eShapedCompanion 1490821206175 ERROR : Incompatible sheet version undefined. You need at least version 11.0.0 to use this script. Please install an updated sheet." This error has been discussed in the Script thread. Lucian is aware and will be fixing it in a patch soon ( Link to specific post )
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.2.0 Features Short and Long Rest are now on the sheet for all users. They no longer require a Pro subscription. Lucian's next version of the script will support the chat messages that accompany this feature. If hit points are adjusted to be above 0 then death saving throws will reset in accordance with the rules: "The number of both is reset to zero when you regain any hit points or become stable" Divine Smite's formula changed to allow automatic spell reduction - will require the script to set this all up. You can untoggle and retoggle divine smite to get the new formula. Bug Fixes Spell saving throw DC and spell attack will no longer use an ability modifier of -5 if there is no spell_ability selected. Sheet based rests recharge short rests on a long rest now
I appreciate all the responses, Roman/Keith/Kryx, the appropriate issues have been upvoted!
Is there a new way of getting repeating item id? I tried both the chat and inspect method in&nbsp; <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnW" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnW</a>... but neither worked. The chat no longer shows any id, when press up it shows this: @{John Smithson|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{John Smithson|character_name}}} @{John Smithson|show_character_name} {{title=Sneak Attack}} {{classfeature=1}} @{John Smithson|hide_gm_info} {{other_damage=[[3d6[damage]]]}} {{content=You know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal extra damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.}} And inspect method shows no reprowid, only this, and the id keep changing: &lt;div data-messageid="-KgTVWskuDwQV7EOJit0"&gt; ... &lt;/div&gt; Temporarily using the order method but hoping to lock it down to the id.

Edited 1490867051
Vanakoji
KS Backer
Erudo said: Is there a new way of getting repeating item id? I tried both the chat and inspect method in&nbsp; <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnW" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnW</a>... but neither worked. The chat no longer shows any id, when press up it shows this: @{John Smithson|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{John Smithson|character_name}}} @{John Smithson|show_character_name} {{title=Sneak Attack}} {{classfeature=1}} @{John Smithson|hide_gm_info} {{other_damage=[[3d6[damage]]]}} {{content=You know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal extra damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.}} And inspect method shows no reprowid, only this, and the id keep changing: &lt;div data-messageid="-KgTVWskuDwQV7EOJit0"&gt; ... &lt;/div&gt; Temporarily using the order method but hoping to lock it down to the id. Both method still work I am not sure how you are doing it but it seems you are trying to get sneak attack. For method one - Click the class features button as seen here&nbsp; <a href="http://i.imgur.com/iBXu66r.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/iBXu66r.png</a> - From the output in chat, click sneak attack so chat looks like the following&nbsp; <a href="http://i.imgur.com/Mu1iOpI.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/Mu1iOpI.png</a> - Hit up arrow key on your keyboard and you should see&nbsp; <a href="http://i.imgur.com/3MM9LbM.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/3MM9LbM.png</a> in chat, the second is the sneak attack ID That is it for method one Method 2 sounds like you are trying to inspect that chat message when as outlined in the doc, you should be inspecting the feature on the sheet. So you should be going selecting it as such&nbsp; <a href="http://i.imgur.com/pgnmLAU.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/pgnmLAU.png</a> There should be no change and both methods work at this time