Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

1486856920
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
in 7.12 you probably have to toggle spells on the setting page, and then toggle the filters to see all spells. This is improved in 9.1.0
Doesn't appear to work. Do we need to be Pro to update past 7.12?
1486861542

Edited 1486861568
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
toggle on cantrips, spell points, or spell slots. This is improved in 9.1.0 - see the changelog linked in the OP or written above. Read the thread to see when 9.1.0 is being released. (when roll20 releases the character sheets)
That did the trick, thanks!
1486897581
Doesn't appear to work. Do we need to be Pro to update past 7.12? From further up the link for the pull requests is : <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... As there are pull requests that are now 12 days old, if I am reading it correctly, I'm not holding my breath for the release. On the other hand, with the apparant bulk pulls being historically done monday night [in USA timeframe?] maybe it will happen in the next 48 hours.
1486927398
Sorry if this has been answered already, but I'm trying to set up an NPC template similar to the one I used for the OGL. &nbsp;The following token macro is simply putting the text into the GM window and not calling a macro: selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action Forgive me, I'm still trying to wrap my head around how macros work.
1486929197
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The names are all different. See the documentation in the OP. But you shouldn't need to make your own macros for basic cases like action macros. See the cog tab to see all the built in macros.
1486933368
Thanks for the reply.&nbsp; I went through the documentation again and am still having trouble.&nbsp; I'm not much of a coder though. What I'm trying to do is create a template to use for monsters that has built-in token macros for multi-attack, action1, action2, reaction, perception, sneak, etc.&nbsp; Then when I copy the template I'll just need to delete the multi-attack and reaction if the monster doesn't have those, and rename the action1, action2 to bite, scimitar, or whatever. Is this possible? Thanks again!
1486935013
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fox S. said: What I'm trying to do is create a template to use for monsters that has built-in token macros for multi-attack, action1, action2, reaction, perception, sneak, etc. On the character sheet click the tab that looks like a cog wheel. Near the bottom of the page click a blue button named "Statblock". It is already done for you.
1486940239
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fox S. said: Thanks for the reply.&nbsp; I went through the documentation again and am still having trouble.&nbsp; I'm not much of a coder though. What I'm trying to do is create a template to use for monsters that has built-in token macros for multi-attack, action1, action2, reaction, perception, sneak, etc.&nbsp; Then when I copy the template I'll just need to delete the multi-attack and reaction if the monster doesn't have those, and rename the action1, action2 to bite, scimitar, or whatever. Is this possible? Thanks again! Close to your question, if you don't want to use the shaped_statblock, shaped_actions, etc. abilities (they're awesome though!), but you just want a single token action for every action, reaction, legendary action ..., have a look at the companion script's !shaped-apply-defaults and !shaped-abilites command (also well-documented). It can create all these token actions for you automatically from the sheet, without having to do awkward busywork like copying templates and renaming/deleting abilities.
Kryx, In my campaign, have a bunch of NPC's who are humanoid characters. &nbsp;The spell casters had spells in the NPC sheet in version 7 I was playing with it, &nbsp;I do not see how to add spells to NPC's in version 8.5.1 or 9.0.0. &nbsp;Am I missing something?
1486942687
Vanakoji
KS Backer
Michael R. said: Kryx, In my campaign, have a bunch of NPC's who are humanoid characters. &nbsp;The spell casters had spells in the NPC sheet in version 7 I was playing with it, &nbsp;I do not see how to add spells to NPC's in version 8.5.1 or 9.0.0. &nbsp;Am I missing something? In the traits section there should be a spells button <a href="http://i.imgur.com/2LBPWrR.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/2LBPWrR.png</a> Click that to enable spells and select spellcasting and enter the info <a href="http://i.imgur.com/6rWzSkM.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/6rWzSkM.png</a>
1486949867
Close to your question, if you don't want to use the shaped_statblock, shaped_actions, etc. abilities (they're awesome though!), but you just want a single token action for every action, reaction, legendary action ..., have a look at the companion script's !shaped-apply-defaults and !shaped-abilites command (also well-documented). It can create all these token actions for you automatically from the sheet, without having to do awkward busywork like copying templates and renaming/deleting abilities. Thank you!&nbsp; This is exactly what I needed!
Thanks Vanakoji. &nbsp; Figured it was something simple I was missing :D
Concerning the 5.1.0 companion script that is in the first link, but if I do, it wipes out my api page...all I get is a black screen when it loads up.&nbsp; I am using it with the latest html/css/translations from the first post as well. Any idea why this might be? fortunately I am using test campaigns, so no harm no foul.
1486979665
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanatos I. said: Concerning the 5.1.0 companion script that is in the first link, but if I do, it wipes out my api page...all I get is a black screen when it loads up.&nbsp; I am using it with the latest html/css/translations from the first post as well. Any idea why this might be? fortunately I am using test campaigns, so no harm no foul. If you're having issues with the companion script see the API form for that thread. I have not experienced the issue that you're describing.
1486995056

Edited 1486995509
Thanks, I will do that. I honestly wasn't sure if it just wasn't me doing something dumb (and may still be, but at least I know its not an issue you've seen). Appreciate the response.
I have a small request due to a minor quirk we had while introducing a new player to D&D and this sheet. He was confused by the default text for traits being "Amphibious" in greyed out text. He thought that he had added a trait called amphibious, and had somehow made a mistake. I think it would improve clarity for new users a little if the default text was changed to "name".&nbsp; It's a very minor thing, and it didn't take long for him to understand how the system worked, but I feel like it would improve the New User Experience ever so slightly if the default text for trait names was simply "name"
1487083970
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Placeholders can be poor practice as seen: <a href="http://help.pardot.com/customer/portal/articles/21" rel="nofollow">http://help.pardot.com/customer/portal/articles/21</a>... <a href="https://www.nngroup.com/articles/form-design-place" rel="nofollow">https://www.nngroup.com/articles/form-design-place</a>... <a href="https://uxdesign.cc/alternatives-to-placeholder-te" rel="nofollow">https://uxdesign.cc/alternatives-to-placeholder-te</a>... The overall recommendation is to include the label outside the box and if you include a placeholder it should be an example of the content. I do not provide the label outside the box in this inline format. Ideally I'd like to use an adaptive placeholder (see link 1), but that requires javascript which I don't have access to for UI. I can't seem to find research on the topic of just using a placeholder if I should use the label or an example, but from my past memory of these topics an example is typically more understandable to the user. Example: "<a href="mailto:bob@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">bob@gmail.com</a>" is immediately recognizable as the email format where "Email address" takes slightly more brain processing. Perhaps it's different for texts without symbols though.
1487089690
You could use the prefix e.g. to indicate the placeholder text is an example, so; e.g.Amphibious e.g.1d6 That should clear up confusion for anyone who knows proper English. The only confusion my players had was thinking the 1d6 in the damage field was a default or something and they didn't fill it out. And that got sorted after the first use of it. BTW, the edit mode with colours is brilliant.
Fair enough, I respect your decisions on this. It's just a minor thing I noticed while playing. It isn't an issue with any of the players that know the sheet, and has only been an issue with that player once.
1487113960
Ok so the pull of the sheet went ahead 2 hours ago, according to the pull request, yet still getting 7.12.2 even when using a new campaign with the shaped sheet.&nbsp;
1487114257
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Jim W. said: Ok so the pull of the sheet went ahead 2 hours ago, according to the pull request, yet still getting 7.12.2 even when using a new campaign with the shaped sheet.&nbsp; Yeah, there's the pull request part to get the sheet into the public repository and then there's some other voodoo required to actually make it live on the site, which I believe is another manual process. Quite why they haven't automated this stuff at least for the longer-standing sheet authors I don't know; it's not like anyone from Roll20 is actually going to review Kryx's compiled code at this stage, unless they want a really unpleasant headache ;-)
1487114381
Ah, thanks Lucian.&nbsp; As all the pull requests now show as completed I figured it was automated - once started ayway.
1487149042
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
alexander h. said: Fair enough, I respect your decisions on this. It's just a minor thing I noticed while playing. It isn't an issue with any of the players that know the sheet, and has only been an issue with that player once. I wasn't making a decision, just talking through the issue. Ideally I'd like something better (adaptive placeholder), but within roll20 my options are limited. I'm not sure either name or example by themselves is empirically better than the other - they both have their arguments.
Kryx said: alexander h. said: Fair enough, I respect your decisions on this. It's just a minor thing I noticed while playing. It isn't an issue with any of the players that know the sheet, and has only been an issue with that player once. I wasn't making a decision, just talking through the issue. Ideally I'd like something better (adaptive placeholder), but within roll20 my options are limited. I'm not sure either name or example by themselves is empirically better than the other - they both have their arguments. Right.&nbsp; Well, in that case, I would personally prefer the name to the placeholder, because of the slight confusion one player experienced. But, again, it's not a big deal. We got past the issue in seconds, so either option doesn't make a big difference to me or my group.&nbsp;
[Using 9.0.1] Hmmm... how would I set up "Great Weapon Fighting" style on the new sheet?&nbsp;
1487168123
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dvergr76 said: [Using 9.0.1] Hmmm... how would I set up "Great Weapon Fighting" style on the new sheet?&nbsp; See&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/164/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/164/</a>... It'll be part of 9.1.0
Dvergr76 said: [Using 9.0.1] Hmmm... how would I set up "Great Weapon Fighting" style on the new sheet?&nbsp; For now just choose a d0 from the drop-down menu and put all the weapon dice in the bonus field.
Kryx said: Dvergr76 said: [Using 9.0.1] Hmmm... how would I set up "Great Weapon Fighting" style on the new sheet?&nbsp; See&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/164/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/164/</a>... It'll be part of 9.1.0 Coolio.
1487182896
Mike
Pro
Has there been a bug submitted about character sheets getting stuck in Edit mode and requiring a relog to fix? This is happening relatively frequently.
1487183773
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have it occur somewhat regularly as well. I do not know the exact cause of the issue, but refreshing solves it which makes me believe it is a roll20 issue. It may be that issue where data doesn't save, but I'm unsure. For me it occurs when multiple people have a sheet open. As far as I'm aware I can do nothing to fix it.
1487184684
Mike
Pro
If it helps out, I've had it occur most often on NPC sheets that were converted over from Storm King's Thunder. Side note on that, speed does not seem to be getting pulled in for NPCs in that game either.
1487185298
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike said: If it helps out, I've had it occur most often on NPC sheets that were converted over from Storm King's Thunder. I've had it happen on every kind of sheet. It is not conversion related. Mike said: Side note on that, speed does not seem to be getting pulled in for NPCs in that game either. If speeds aren't getting converted please open a detailed issue.
1487194041

Edited 1487194534
Requesting that Damage Resistance, Vulnerabilities, and Condition Immunities be added to the Stat Block macro. I never realized they weren't there until running a game this last weekend, and noticed long after a couple combats they weren't present. I assume the primary purpose of the statblock macro is to avoid having to have the character sheets open during combat as much as possible, but without those fields, you basically have to open them and check for every monster (unless you have them memorized). edit: after testing around, I noticed one of my NPC's stat blocks reports damage resistances, but none of the rest do. Looking at the character sheets themselves, there is no difference in the fields nor in the macro itself. I'm not sure what to make of that.
1487196031
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please add an issue to the issue tracker (see the first post) for feature requests or bugs. Please provide a list of those that work and don't.
Is 9.1.0 available for Pro users to pull? I just tried to find it but to no avail. Its in the usual place?
1487254248

Edited 1487254958
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Is 9.1.0 available for Pro users to pull? No. It's unstable currently. I'm going to try to release it soon (by Friday night) without the "save all data as silent", but the upgrade from old traits to new class features with the upgrade system I have is rather annoying. I don't have a good system to chain upgrades so there will be left over data in traits unless I rework upgrades a bit.
1487255240

Edited 1487255291
Kryx said: Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Is 9.1.0 available for Pro users to pull? No. It's unstable currently. I'm going to try to release it tonight without the "save all data as silent", but the upgrade from old traits to new class features with the upgrade system I have is rather annoying. I don't have a good system to chain upgrades so there will be left over data in traits unless I rework upgrades a bit. In the light of upgrade path comments above, do you recommend upgrading to 9.0.1 first, or keep at 7x until 9.1 is released?
1487256685
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jim W. said: In the light of upgrade path comments above, do you recommend upgrading to 9.0.1 first, or keep at 7x until 9.1 is released? I'd recommend upgrading ASAP. The upgrade path is always better for more recent versions. The older versions are the problem. The problem for those versions is I should wait for the 7.x -&gt; 9.0.1 upgrade before doing the 9.1.0 upgrade, but callback hell isn't ideal and roll20 isn't going to implement promises.
1487265260

Edited 1487265423
My sheets just updated to 9.0.1 and there's an issue with weapon output in chat:&nbsp; <a href="https://screencast.com/t/kSAn8X3m" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/kSAn8X3m</a> Also, what's the interim solution for great weapon fighting? Thanks. Edit 1: Spells also seem to have a similar bug:&nbsp; <a href="https://screencast.com/t/PaI6vcFJkZ" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/PaI6vcFJkZ</a> Edit 2: Basically all output to the chat has that issue, including saves, checks, etc.
1487265637

Edited 1487265657
TheWebCoder said: My sheets just updated to 9.0.1 and there's an issue with weapon output in chat:&nbsp; <a href="https://screencast.com/t/kSAn8X3m" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/kSAn8X3m</a> Also, what's the interim solution for great weapon fighting? Thanks. Edit 1: Spells also seem to have a similar bug:&nbsp; <a href="https://screencast.com/t/PaI6vcFJkZ" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/PaI6vcFJkZ</a> Edit 2: Basically all output to the chat has that issue, including saves, checks, etc. I don't think this is Shaped specific issue. People are getting this on other sheets too.&nbsp; Issue thread link
Miodziek said: TheWebCoder said: My sheets just updated to 9.0.1 and there's an issue with weapon output in chat:&nbsp; <a href="https://screencast.com/t/kSAn8X3m" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/kSAn8X3m</a> Also, what's the interim solution for great weapon fighting? Thanks. Edit 1: Spells also seem to have a similar bug:&nbsp; <a href="https://screencast.com/t/PaI6vcFJkZ" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/PaI6vcFJkZ</a> Edit 2: Basically all output to the chat has that issue, including saves, checks, etc. I don't think this is Shaped specific issue. People are getting this on other sheets too.&nbsp; Issue thread link Great catch, was going to post the same issue. But since this doesn't seem to be a shaped thing. However, I can't seem to find 'Jack of all Trades' anymore on the sheet, am I missing that somewhere?
1487266173

Edited 1487266188
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mark B. said: However, I can't seem to find 'Jack of all Trades' anymore on the sheet, am I missing that somewhere? See the Features & Traits section while in edit mode. In 9.1.0 it'll move to "Class Features" within the same section.
Kryx said: Mark B. said: However, I can't seem to find 'Jack of all Trades' anymore on the sheet, am I missing that somewhere? See the Features & Traits section while in edit mode. In 9.1.0 it'll move to "Class Features" within the same section. Thank you sir. I realized it was still there somewhere as my Bard still had it working for him. Just couldn't find it as far as a check box went.
Apparently the devs rolled out a fix. Looks good now. So it doesn't get lost, what's the interim solution for GWF in 9.0.1? Can someone please give a detailed example? Thanks.
Not sure why, but after the update when it comes to weapon damage rolls, you can no longer add no modifier. If you try to select that option, it automatically reselects either Dex or Str depending on whether it's a melee or ranged weapon attack.
Also, global spellcasting attack modifier no longer seems to apply.&nbsp;
Also worth noting that during the upgrade, quite a few of my player's weapons were added repeatedly, and some information was changed. For example, the monk's staff appeared three times, and the bonus fire damage was gone.
William C. said: Also, global spellcasting attack modifier no longer seems to apply.&nbsp; I've got that enabled on one of my players and it works after the upgrade. Has to be a flat number, so "1" instead of "+1"