Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

thank you
1489781745
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please create an issue on the issue tracker with a reproduction path. As far as I can see halfling luck works, but if you posted an issue with a reproduction path on a clean character it'd save me time trying to guess what you've done.
This sheet looks amazing! Have been testing it a bit as of today, so far my only issue is that Hit Die are not actually rolling, but I see the issue is already on your bugtracker. Also can I note that this thread is impossible to even find?? Googling results in landing on all sorts of old threads, looking in the API forum results in finding all sorts of threads on the companion script, but wow, not actually the relevant thread! Also am trying to figure out how this works: Compendium Integration for NPCs, Spells, Weapons, Armor, Equipment Very interested in that, that is, if it means that I can enter a weapon in the Weapon list and it will fill in the relevant stats? Or even search on an item from the compendium and autofill?
Arno said: Also am trying to figure out how this works: Compendium Integration for NPCs, Spells, Weapons, Armor, Equipment Very interested in that, that is, if it means that I can enter a weapon in the Weapon list and it will fill in the relevant stats? Or even search on an item from the compendium and autofill? If you don't pop out the character sheet (so it's in the same window as the tabletop), you can drag and drop from the compendium in the right hand column (You'll need to enable the compendium in your Game Settings page if you haven't already) into the sheet. Just make sure the sheet is in Edit Mode (the pencil toggle near the top). When you drag the item over a section you can add it to (e.g. Add a new attack, then drag a Longbow over), the section will turn yellow to show it can be dropped there. Hope that helps
techiecarer said: Arno said: Also am trying to figure out how this works: Compendium Integration for NPCs, Spells, Weapons, Armor, Equipment Very interested in that, that is, if it means that I can enter a weapon in the Weapon list and it will fill in the relevant stats? Or even search on an item from the compendium and autofill? If you don't pop out the character sheet (so it's in the same window as the tabletop), you can drag and drop from the compendium in the right hand column (You'll need to enable the compendium in your Game Settings page if you haven't already) into the sheet. Just make sure the sheet is in Edit Mode (the pencil toggle near the top). When you drag the item over a section you can add it to (e.g. Add a new attack, then drag a Longbow over), the section will turn yellow to show it can be dropped there. Hope that helps Thanks! At the same time I discovered it also by watching some roll20 vimeo video and kinda fell off my chair, I didn't even know it was possible on the regular sheet (and my DM/party didn't mention or know). So much time wasted copy/pasting info from websites... wow
1489821787
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Arno said: Thanks! At the same time I discovered it also by watching some roll20 vimeo video and kinda fell off my chair, I didn't even know it was possible on the regular sheet (and my DM/party didn't mention or know). So much time wasted copy/pasting info from websites... wow Don't even look at the (Shaped) companion script then,  you will just be frustrated by the amount of data entry you've needlessly done so far...
Jakob said: Arno said: Thanks! At the same time I discovered it also by watching some roll20 vimeo video and kinda fell off my chair, I didn't even know it was possible on the regular sheet (and my DM/party didn't mention or know). So much time wasted copy/pasting info from websites... wow Don't even look at the (Shaped) companion script then,  you will just be frustrated by the amount of data entry you've needlessly done so far... Hah too late, was already deep into that one as well. I figured that's how everyone was importing spells...  Very excited about "!shaped-abilities"! One thing I haven't figured out yet is where everyone is getting these databases it talks about. Seems that's only for custom-made stuff, and not for example to mass-import from the compendium? Unclear how that would work. Importing Elemental Evil spells would be very interesting as they are not in SRD, not seen anyone do that yet (perhaps something I could contribute with in the future if so).
1489827841
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Arno said: One thing I haven't figured out yet is where everyone is getting these databases it talks about. Seems that's only for custom-made stuff, and not for example to mass-import from the compendium? Unclear how that would work. Importing Elemental Evil spells would be very interesting as they are not in SRD, not seen anyone do that yet (perhaps something I could contribute with in the future if so). You need to be careful here. You're talking about copyright material, and you don't have permission to distribute anything that isn't in the SRD in digital form, even to people who already bought the hardcopies (not that you could ever police this). Roll20 have a DMCA policy that includes, potentially, terminating the account of anyone found to be distributing copyright material on/through the platform. For convenience I'm going to be distributing a JSON database of the SRD content with the next version of the Companion Script, so that people wanting to using the !shaped-import-monster and !shaped-import-spell commands have something to get started with. I believe that there are more complete databases compatible with the script kicking around out there on the Big Wide Internet, but for the above-stated reason you're on your own with that - you'll have to see if Mr Google can help you.
Ah ok, ye makes sense. I would be happy enough being able to import my compendium content (have MM + Volo).
1489845468

Edited 1489845503
Kryx, what are you going to do about the Mystic? Are you going to implement the class and its particular mechanincs or wait for it to become oficial? It'll be a lot of work in implementing the Psi and Disciplines machanincs for something that may or may not come true. The psi rules are very similar to Spellpoints, but questioning the number of psi spent and creating fields that accept the format of the Disciplines will demand some hard work (which I know you are good at).
1489845772
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
At this point in time I'm unlikely to add the Mystic class to the sheet for the following reasons: It'd be a crazy amount of work It may change. I have other priorities which are more important Players can mostly make it work within the current system by using spell points and adding the disciplines as probably spells. I use  my own psionics system as the WotC system isn't so satisfying imo.
1489881407

Edited 1489881861
Supporting your own homebrew but refusing to support the UA playtest material that people will use seems like a pretty terrible stance. Plus, as the Mystic's psionics setup hasn't changed significantly through three playtest revisions, saying it might change in a significant way seems like a non-issue. I won't deny that it'll be a lot of work and should be low-priority, but seriously.
1489882363
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I imagine Kryx has done it to support his own campaign (which is probably why most community content is originally created). UA material is very fluid, and thus not worth the effort. There are a lot of other ways that we can spend Kryx's valuable time. ;)
1489883210
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rick said: Supporting your own homebrew but refusing to support the UA playtest material that people will use seems like a pretty terrible stance. Plus, as the Mystic's psionics setup hasn't changed significantly through three playtest revisions, saying it might change in a significant way seems like a non-issue. I won't deny that it'll be a lot of work and should be low-priority, but seriously. Please see reasons #1-4. I've implemented many things on this sheet that I don't personally use so it's rather unjust to call out my explained reasoning above, 4/5 of which are not related to me using the system or not. My own homebrew has been there for quite a while and in the case of psionics it reuses the spell code for 99% of it. It's an incredibly minimal effort. Additionally as Keithcurtis has stated one of the main of the reasons I started working on this sheet was to play with my houserules and homebrew content. These kind of posts are really uncalled for.
Rick said: Supporting your own homebrew but refusing to support the UA playtest material that people will use seems like a pretty terrible stance. Plus, as the Mystic's psionics setup hasn't changed significantly through three playtest revisions, saying it might change in a significant way seems like a non-issue. I won't deny that it'll be a lot of work and should be low-priority, but seriously. Rick- It might make everything more easily understandable if you remember the sheet is free. Kryx does it so he can play the game with his friends, and is nice enough to let us use it as well. The fact that there isn't another sheet out there that comes close to the number of features and flexibility of the sheet tells me that it isn't easy to do. The Shaped Sheet offers far more options than the OGL sheet maintained by Roll20.  Please join me in saying "Thank You Kryx for all your hard work." Don't mess up a good thing! :)
Gary W. said: Rick said: Supporting your own homebrew but refusing to support the UA playtest material that people will use seems like a pretty terrible stance. Plus, as the Mystic's psionics setup hasn't changed significantly through three playtest revisions, saying it might change in a significant way seems like a non-issue. I won't deny that it'll be a lot of work and should be low-priority, but seriously. Rick- It might make everything more easily understandable if you remember the sheet is free. Kryx does it so he can play the game with his friends, and is nice enough to let us use it as well. The fact that there isn't another sheet out there that comes close to the number of features and flexibility of the sheet tells me that it isn't easy to do. The Shaped Sheet offers far more options than the OGL sheet maintained by Roll20.  Please join me in saying "Thank You Kryx for all your hard work." Don't mess up a good thing! :) This so much ^^ Kryx is doing amazing work, and mentioned reasons 1-4 are by far enough argument to wait with implementing this alpha-level class.
1489937763
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the appreciation guys. :)
1489938008

Edited 1489938101
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.0.0 Breaking Changes Some unused fields related to abilities and saving throws have been removed #338: Click to roll damage has been completed for both attacks and saving throws. Spell filters have been revamped. Levels and casting time are toggled individually now. Concentration's behavior is now more clear. The filters are now consistent between PCs and NPCs. Adding spells on a new pc that doesn't have spellcasting should be much more clear. The macro output matches the levels that are toggled on. Rests are always showing now. In 11.1.0 or 12.0.0 rests will be fully moved to the sheet so non-Pro members can use them to recharge things like hit points, hit dice, exhaustion, class features, etc. Ability checks, Saving throws, and Spells chat macros now use the normal size of text used by attacks, actions, etc. It is no longer possible to configure them to be smaller. Features #178: 3D dice should roll the appropriate amount of dice #359: Option to hide AC using stylish Distances entered into places like senses or speed will now convert the distance if the entered distance type (meters) doesn't match the text (feet). #204: Nowhere to store usage of lair and regional actions Added configurable recharges to warlock slots and spell points (defaulting to short rest and long rest respectively) #244: Extra Attack Class Feature missing from togglable lists. Added styling for an upcoming API feature (Spells and Monster import revamp) Bug Fixes #369: NPC Hit dice not able to be changed #378: Hit dice formula error . You may need to clear your chat archive for this one (I did, but I'm unsure if it is required) #379: Spell repeat does not work with freeform if there is a new line in freeform I would consider the sheet mostly stable, but there may be bugs as I have not tested it thoroughly. We weren't able to finish some nice features for this week so I cut the release to what it is now. Probably by next weekend we'll be able to release 2 big features that Lucian and I have been working on: New spell and monster importer which gives a list of spells/monsters and filters to find exactly what you're looking for it. It's really really nice. Rests (Short Rest, Long Rest) will be handled by the sheet with some hackery for some extra features for Pro users. For Pro users there should be little change (besides maybe how the chat outputs), but for non-Pro users this should help them quite a lot. I was also hoping to get in spell uses as well as attack and armor revamps, but those will have to wait for now. As always open any issues on the  issue tracker please.
1489939234

Edited 1489939289
Should I worry that v11 gives these oddities: 1. Conversion runs when I open a PC or NPC for first two times 2. Version shows as 10.11.11 [conversion window shows 11.0.0]
1489940007
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jim W. said: Should I worry that v11 gives these oddities: 1. Conversion runs when I open a PC or NPC for first two times 2. Version shows as 10.11.11 [conversion window shows 11.0.0] Are you on the test campaign? Refresh. I didn't push the final version bump there.
1489940259

Edited 1489940726
I tested on my own campaign first, and then on your test campaign.  Retested in test - same issue so left and re-entered and now it shows 11.0.0 Recopied the html to my test campaibn and same issue.  Would seem that the gthub has 10.11.11 not 11.0.0?
1489940780
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're right, the version didn't quite get set somehow. If you've pulled the latest in the last 45 minutes please take it again.
1489941201

Edited 1489941221
Phew and now that works I can add the new companion scipt too!
1489941412
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The new spell filtering options are great (as well as a great deal more intuitive).
1489941994

Edited 1489942079
BP
Pro
Question about the new spell filtering, will it auto select new levels? I did like the Auto filter. I was also a fan of the smaller text for the chat macros, sad to see that option go away.
1489942583
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Those sound like great features, Kryx. Some of my players will really like the click to roll damage, especially the 3D dice fix. That confuses them terribly. And I'm in favor of anything that makes handling spells more configurable. I'll check out the test campaign. Thanks for the hours of hard work.
Doh just made 4 new issues on the tracker, then I saw these posts, I will test the same issues on 11.0.0, thanks for the release!
1489943858

Edited 1489944648
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
BP said: Question about the new spell filtering, will it auto select new levels? I did like the Auto filter. Manually changing a class in any way will change the filters to be of the appropriate level, yes.
1489944546
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: especially the 3D dice fix. Of note: 3D dice will still roll an extra dice for damage. See  #381: Double 3D dice for damage . Due to how roll templates work I cannot fix this one. If it bothers players then you can try using the maximized critical houserule.
1489944635

Edited 1489944691
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
BP said: I was also a fan of the smaller text for the chat macros, sad to see that option go away. If there is a strong desire for a smaller text size on chat macros create an issue on the tracker and if others feel the same way (via votes) I can probably implement a setting that'll work on all macros instead of 3 different settings that existed before.
1489953297
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: keithcurtis said: especially the 3D dice fix. Of note: 3D dice will still roll an extra dice for damage. See  #381: Double 3D dice for damage . Due to how roll templates work I cannot fix this one. If it bothers players then you can try using the maximized critical houserule. Ah, I didn't realize those were two different issues. I've already weaned them off 3d dice and told them just to look at the chat results. I just won't tell them there has been any change. They're easily overwhelmed by change... :) Thanks again.
1489963845
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.0.1 Bug Fixes Added default higher level queries A spell changing to another level now ensures that the filter for that level is turned on. Freeform is now at the end of repeats as well. Referencing #379: Spell repeat does not work with freeform if there is a new line in freeform #388: Click to roll damage does not work if the output is from the shaped chat macros #389: Click to roll damage cannot determine a crit on attack UI Change #207: second damage roll template
Is anyone else having issues with the new release? It just updated on Roll20 to 10.1.5 and now the sheet is having issues going in and our of edit mode and changing tabs again.
1489965671
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Trey said: Is anyone else having issues with the new release? It just updated on Roll20 to 10.1.5 and now the sheet is having issues going in and our of edit mode and changing tabs again. See  #387: Edit mode and tabs stop working If you can provide a reliable reproduction path then I can look into it, but no one has been able to provide one yet. I only ever see it when there are multiple users using the same sheet.
1489966185
OK so I'm testing 11.0.1 and the feature to roll damage which I've never used before. Oddly I had to switch on/off the tools options for this, and show the targets name and AC, before they worked correctly.  Once it worked, it seems to continue working - even on another character. The question I have is this: There is no name on the damage rolled, so it is feasible that damage could become detached if rolling multiple attacks.  I guess it only really applies in two cases. GM attacks  When makng multiple attacks if the player clicks multiple times against multiple targets I guess this is not an issue, just mentioning it - love the option to roll damage seperatly and will have to ensure players do not rush ahead when they get to multiple attacks.  
1489966755
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Was the toggling on/off something that happened on a new character, or an old character? Was it reproducible on other new/old characters? If so please open an issue. There is no name on the damage, purposefully. Same as there is no title or several other fields.
1489967417
First old character I opened.  Had been updated to most versions including 11.0.0 Had everything in that section on, and toggling off had no effect. Next  character I opened - also an old one - regularly updated - worked fine.
1489968986
I have done some more testing. If I update the tabs and then close and reopen sheet then it works fine.  I think this must be a roll20 issue where the underlying data is not updated straight away, even though the tick shows.
1489970652

Edited 1489970837
Kryx said: Trey said: Is anyone else having issues with the new release? It just updated on Roll20 to 10.1.5 and now the sheet is having issues going in and our of edit mode and changing tabs again. See  #387: Edit mode and tabs stop working If you can provide a reliable reproduction path then I can look into it, but no one has been able to provide one yet. I only ever see it when there are multiple users using the same sheet. I, and my players have been experiencing the same thing (since version 7.x.x?). For us, there is no reproduction path, per se. The issue crops up at a random time, if at all. I can encounter it when working with new NPC sheets when I am the only one logged into the game but it will also happen during the game with each player accessing his sheet and not every player has the problem. We can go for an hour or more before seeing the issue. I never opened an issue on your tracker because I didn't think it was your sheet but something else going on. We work around it by closing the sheet and reopening it or refreshing our browser. Would it help to provide a console log when it happens? BTW, I am using v10.1.3 and script 7.3.0
1489971091
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Doug E. said: Would it help to provide a console log when it happens? Nope. The only way for me to solve it is with a reliable reproduction path. I've seen this issue from quite early on in the sheet and nothing has changed around edit mode or tabs (besides removing some) over the last several versions so I believe this issue has always been there.
I'm having a problem with the abilities check. every time I go to plug it in it's throwing an error telling me Unknown command !shaped-abilities--abilCheck
1490110310

Edited 1490110550
Can't seem to get Spell fx to work. Its always fire is there a api for it  and if so what api is needed to get shaped spell fx to work?
1490110551
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Salicar said: What api is needed for shaped spell fx to work? The companion script will make spell effects output the proper /fx command.
1490110684
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
lucas s. said: I'm having a problem with the abilities check. every time I go to plug it in it's throwing an error telling me Unknown command !shaped-abilities--abilCheck !shaped-abilities is a script command. Any issues with the script should be handled there. But you need a space before the -- and a s at the end. "!shaped-abilities --abilityChecks" or "!shaped-abilities --abilChecks"
1490111789
I just want to thank you Kryx for the amazing work you put into this !!! and a big warm Hug !!! May the dice be always in your favor ! 
1490112080
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Magnus Bane said: May the dice be always in your favor !  My players would ask that you take this back so I stop critting them. But thanks, glad you appreciate it. :)
1490132636
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.0.2 #391: Other second damage not in the blue damage area of the template UI Change Styling for the import message Styling for !shaped-config
Is there any way to edit this sheet to have the titles for the boxes ("saves", "skills", etc) be at the top not the bottom of the boxes? I tried to edit it myself but... the html is completely formatless.