5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.1

1508274859
Steve K.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Editor
We pushed out a 5E OGL update to v2.1. The change log is as follows: Sheet will now ask to confirm if dropping an NPC from the compendium on an already populated sheet Added placeholder class so it’s easier to pick Barbarian and have initial class options fill in Dexterity Tiebreaker option added to NPC options and added to default sheet options Death Saving throws are now using global save modifier, if on, and the API Companion will account for this bonus Added a spacer to insure the API Companion spell slot tracking will break between level and slots left BUGFIX: Tweak to how the sheet handles compendium drops to hopefully resolve an issue some users were having with blank NPCs. BUGFIX: Custom Class “third” spell casting slot option now correctly populating slots by level BUGFIX: Fixed Animal Handling skill overflowing BUGFIX: Item Modifiers were updating incorrectly from attacks by incorrectly adding syntax for new properties BUGFIX: Passive Perception is now working correctly with the proficiency die option BUGFIX: Typo fixed for C&R icon menu option BUGFIX: Compendium Items now properly update weight on drop BUGFIX: NPC Action description only rolls are now updating when the description is modified Patch 2.0 information  available here . Special thank you to Craven for helping gather bug data. Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Hey! Got any idea why spell slots, resources and hit die are missing their clickable arrows since the update to the sheet a few weeks ago? It does not appear after hovering over the numbers, nor does swapping from firefox to chrome work, the DM can see the arrows fine, It seems to just be me! (and the other guy who made a thread about it)
1508281852

Edited 1508282264
Thanks for the update. When you get some time can you add a Domain flag to the spells for cleric. Looks to be work perfect now. Awesome job and I see you have added to the max HP when we use !npchp thanks. Edit:seems you might have fix the issue with changes to game settigns not working.
1508283224
I think Jack of All Trades may have stopped working with the update. It no longer seems to apply to skill rolls, only base stat rolls.
1508283297
Steve K.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Editor
Ravs said: Hey! Got any idea why spell slots, resources and hit die are missing their clickable arrows since the update to the sheet a few weeks ago? It does not appear after hovering over the numbers, nor does swapping from firefox to chrome work, the DM can see the arrows fine, It seems to just be me! (and the other guy who made a thread about it) I don't think I made any changes to the repeating sections that would have affected that. What Operating System and Browser/Version are you using?
1508283459
Steve K.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Editor
Kyle G. said: I think Jack of All Trades may have stopped working with the update. It no longer seems to apply to skill rolls, only base stat rolls. I didn't make any changes to jack of all trades or skills recently. I'm also seeing it behaving normally. Do you want to link me to a game and character having the issue.
1508283948
Steve K. said: Kyle G. said: I think Jack of All Trades may have stopped working with the update. It no longer seems to apply to skill rolls, only base stat rolls. I didn't make any changes to jack of all trades or skills recently. I'm also seeing it behaving normally. Do you want to link me to a game and character having the issue. Ahh, you're right. I just went through the math and the bonus is being calculated properly. I guess I was just thrown off by seeing the +1 in the mod for the base stat rolls but not seeing this in the modifier on the skills roll template.
1508287975

Edited 1508287982
This was reported in another thread earlier, but I cannot find it right now: Monks are not getting their Wisdom bonus to AC.
1508289535
As far as I'm aware, neither monks nor barbarians have unarmored defense built in to the character sheet automatically. However, you can have it applied using one of two methods. Custom AC calculation or item ac modification. I've made a small table to walk you through how to set up the AC in either case along with the benefit of one over the other. Unfortunately, neither of these methods has everything. Custom AC calculation Item AC modification Pro: Updates AC whenever the states change Pro: Allows the of other armor modifying items like shields. Con: If the character has any item modifying items, you will need to change the formula  Con: If the non-Dex (Wis or Con) modifier changes, this item will need to be updated.
Steve K. said: Ravs said: Hey! Got any idea why spell slots, resources and hit die are missing their clickable arrows since the update to the sheet a few weeks ago? It does not appear after hovering over the numbers, nor does swapping from firefox to chrome work, the DM can see the arrows fine, It seems to just be me! (and the other guy who made a thread about it) I don't think I made any changes to the repeating sections that would have affected that. What Operating System and Browser/Version are you using? Windows 10 and the latest version of Firefox (56.0.1 64 bit) - the problems persisting on Chrome too, they only seemed to vanish once the sheets became compendium compatible in the update a few weeks ago. The other players i think are on chrome and they see their buttons fine. At first I thought the issue only occurred for me however I found another thread on the forum having the same issue as me, it's honestly a mild inconvenience for me but I'd love to know if there was a fix! - https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5624025/5e-ogl-missing-some-buttons-after-update
1508354408
Should there be arrows on the resources? I don't have any either. Also don't have them if I create a new character or in a new game with a new character. Firefox 56.0 on a Mac MacOS 10.12.6 Looks like a Firefox issue. Safari V11.0 If you need anymore data let me know.
And can we have mod for passive Investigation too (i mean Feat Observant which increase passive perception and investigation on 5)
1508384631

Edited 1508384641
Thank you! BTW, it's not for this sheet, but could someone please add a simple extra prompt to prevent all notifications getting blown away by a single misplaced finger or click?
1508418679
Hi is it possible in the future to get the ability to drag an drop weapons on to the NPC sheet, i make a lot of custom NPC's and i really miss it Thank you
1508459517
Today when I tried to drag and drop spells into 5th Edition OGL character sheets with the compendium enabled for the game in both Chrome and Firefox, it would not allow anything to drag and drop into the sheet. I have cleared my cache and tried both browsers, I do not have windows pop outs enabled, and it shows compendium drop allowed but it wont fill in the section and copy to the character sheet under spells (aka it wont highlight yellow). Any ideas? Thank you.
Wyatt H. said: Today when I tried to drag and drop spells into 5th Edition OGL character sheets with the compendium enabled for the game in both Chrome and Firefox, it would not allow anything to drag and drop into the sheet. I have cleared my cache and tried both browsers, I do not have windows pop outs enabled, and it shows compendium drop allowed but it wont fill in the section and copy to the character sheet under spells (aka it wont highlight yellow). Any ideas? Thank you. Make sure the sheet is not popped out. You can only drag and drop when they are in the same window.
1508513220
HLazar said: Wyatt H. said: Today when I tried to drag and drop spells into 5th Edition OGL character sheets with the compendium enabled for the game in both Chrome and Firefox, it would not allow anything to drag and drop into the sheet. I have cleared my cache and tried both browsers, I do not have windows pop outs enabled , and it shows compendium drop allowed but it wont fill in the section and copy to the character sheet under spells (aka it wont highlight yellow). Any ideas? Thank you. Make sure the sheet is not popped out. You can only drag and drop when they are in the same window. Unless this has changed from v2.0 to v2.1 you can drag to character sheets that are popped out. It's one of the reasons that people were accidentally overwriting PC information with NPCs being dragged from the compendium. Also Wyatt posted that he is not using popped out sheets (see bolded above) However, I think Wyatt may be confused about the new compendium functionality. The character sheet will no longer highlight yellow for the area to put the compendium information. You also no longer need to have an empty object (item/spell/npc) before dragging, the compendium with create the necessary objects for you. I would ensure that you are not getting any errors in the console log and maybe even posting here with screenshots of the character sheet along with console log for better debugging.
1508520858
Macro help what has changed in V2.0 to affect my macro? @{selected|lvl1_slots_expended} is not working anymore it is showing the same value as @{selected|lvl1_slots_total} I am just trying to show the remaining spell slots. **Level 1 :** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}-@{selected|lvl1_slots_expended}]]^^ was working until V2.0 !power {{ --emote|** @{selected|token_name} Opens a Spell Book ** --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --titlebackground|none --titlefontshadow|none --whisper|@{selected|character_name} --corners|10 --format|atwill --name|^^Spell Book --leftsub|@{selected|character_name} --rightsub|Level @{selected|level} @{selected|class}^^ ^^ --**Spell Save DC**| [[ 8 + [[@{selected|pb}]]+ @{selected|intelligence_mod}]] ^^**Spell Attack Bonus** [[ [[@{selected|pb}]]  + @{selected|intelligence_mod} ]] --Amount of Prepared Spells:| [[@{selected|intelligence_mod} + @{Selected|Level} ]] ~C ** Available Spells ** ~C    **Level 1 :** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}-@{selected|lvl1_slots_expended}]]^^ **Level 2 :** [[@{selected|lvl2_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl2_slots_total}-@{selected|lvl2_slots_expended}]]^^ **Level 3** : [[@{selected|lvl3_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl3_slots_total}-@{selected|lvl3_slots_expended}]]^^ *Level 4** : [[@{selected|lvl4_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl4_slots_total}-@{selected|lvl4_slots_expended}]]
1508522150
Craven said: **Level 1 :** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}-@{selected|lvl1_slots_expended}]] It still works for me
1508524092

Edited 1508524507
Kyle G. said: Craven said: **Level 1 :** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}-@{selected|lvl1_slots_expended}]] It still works for me What browser are you using? and OS? Edit: Mine is showing the opposite if I have Level1: 4 Remaining 3 the macro will show 1 remaining. what the hell.
1508524345
Craven said: Kyle G. said: Craven said: **Level 1 :** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}-@{selected|lvl1_slots_expended}]] It still works for me What browser are you using? and OS? Chrome 61.0.3163.100 Windows 7
1508525536

Edited 1508525665
I have only cast 1 spell as you can see below but the attrib show 2 expended. I have also notice that if i cast a spell that doesn't roll an attack its not removing a slot.
1508525978

Edited 1508526053
Silvyre
Roll20 Mod Team
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5666457/spell-error-chill-touch Bug report: the spellschool Attribute does not appear to be changing upon Compendium drop (or is always set to Abjuration).
1508526817
Craven said: I have only cast 1 spell as you can see below but the attrib show 2 expended. I have also notice that if i cast a spell that doesn't roll an attack its not removing a slot. Due to general preference, Steve changed the 'expended' attribute to instead track the number of spell slots remaining . The name of the attribute didn't change though as you have noticed.
1508527261
Kyle G. said: Craven said: I have only cast 1 spell as you can see below but the attrib show 2 expended. I have also notice that if i cast a spell that doesn't roll an attack its not removing a slot. Due to general preference, Steve changed the 'expended' attribute to instead track the number of spell slots remaining . The name of the attribute didn't change though as you have noticed. Fixed all I had to do is changed it to **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_expended}]]^^ funny it work for Kyle G but that because you were using 4 2, if it had of been 4 1 you would have gotten what I did. TY
1508529116

Edited 1508796608
Spells that don't have an attack or spellcard with at higher levels don't reduce the spells slots when cast. Fireball is OK Counter spell But haste has no attack or higher level so nothing happens. Edit: Is this a bug or is it just me?
1508530028
Can you add option to the settings for the characters sheet to toggle include Spell Description in Attack On/Off/partial/custom where customer would be used to set by the spell. I love this option but changing it for ever spell is a pain.
1508543069
Prok
Plus
I've been having an issue with spells getting corrupted when characters are imported/exported https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5666963/spell-co... I found a reference to this same issue here:  https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4991526/getting-... But I don't see any resolution. The issue here is that the spell output gets changed from "ATTACK" to "SPELLCARD" when the character is exported to another game. This causes all attack spells to disappear from the "Attacks and Spellcasting" section (but remain in the spellbook) and creates a tedious task of switching all attack spells outputs back to "ATTACK"... Once they're switched back everything works fine. I can confirm no additional action is taken, steps would be: 1. Create a character, add an attack spell 2. Export character 3. Import character And after that is done the spell will be marked as spellcard and if clicked will cause the same error shown in the link above: "No ability was found for %{-KwbpESklmDCDSCbmdiJ|repeating_attack_attack}"
1508616136
Got a dumb question, but what does the token size do/represent on the NPC sheet? It's located right below the Challenge rating input and above the spellcasting NPC checkbox.
1508700066

Edited 1508700097
Something that I noticed last night playing, and have now verified in two different live games that I am running. The Passive Perception calculation on player character sheets are all set at 10, rather than 10+Wisdom Mod+Proficiency. It adjusts correctly if I modify the Wisdom score of the character, and seems to stick once that is done. I'm assuming this is from the 2.1 upgrade and only effects pre-existing characters, so hopefully knowing you can adjust the Wisdom score or toggling Perception proficiency checkbox will help someone else!
1508703797
Sled
Plus
Hello guys. I will ask one strange question. Can I nullify my played hours? I feel absurdly when I notice counted hundreds of hours but most of it is spended for game's preparing, not playing. Beforehand, I'm so sorry for this question. 
1508718002
Sled said: Hello guys. I will ask one strange question. Can I nullify my played hours? I feel absurdly when I notice counted hundreds of hours but most of it is spended for game's preparing, not playing. Beforehand, I'm so sorry for this question.  Prep is part of the game. Don't short change yourself
1508720711
Using the 5e OGL by Roll20 sheet, I have setup the Default Sheet Settings under the Game Settings of my campaign to Auto Roll Damage & Crit. Creating a character sheet using the Add > Character option from the interface, the Default Sheet Setting works as expected. Dragging a monster from the SRD, the Default Sheet Setting works as expected Creating a character sheet via the API does not work as expected. This is easily reproducible by selecting the 5e OGL by Roll20 Sheet, adding the CharacterSheet API from the script library, then running the !charsheet command.  Note: This problem is not specific to this API script, any use of the API to create a new character journal does not set the Default Sheet Settings as one might expect. API scripts can be customized to set specific configurations, however there doesn't seem to be a way to access this default configuration to plug it into existing API scripts.  It seems like a bit of an oversight with the Default Sheet Settings functionality.
1508774029
Steve K.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Editor
Silvyre said: https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5666457/spell-error-chill-touch Bug report: the spellschool Attribute does not appear to be changing upon Compendium drop (or is always set to Abjuration). I'm seeing this too for cantrips. I'll investigate.
1508774587
Steve K.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Editor
Kevin said: Creating a character sheet via the API does not work as expected. This isn't really the right place for this but I agree. While I wouldn't have the default behavior for the API be to apply the default sheet settings, there should be that option. I'll add it to the list.
Any chance an attack in the Attacks & Spellcasting section could have a check mark to ignore the Global Attack Modifier field?  Some of my characters have attacks that are not affected by Bless.
1508786319
Three of Swords said: Any chance an attack in the Attacks & Spellcasting section could have a check mark to ignore the Global Attack Modifier field?  Some of my characters have attacks that are not affected by Bless. Just out of curiosity, what kind of attack would not benefit from Bless? Bless specifically states whenever the target makes an attack roll in it's description.
1508797116
Kyle G. said: Three of Swords said: Any chance an attack in the Attacks & Spellcasting section could have a check mark to ignore the Global Attack Modifier field?  Some of my characters have attacks that are not affected by Bless. Just out of curiosity, what kind of attack would not benefit from Bless? Bless specifically states whenever the target makes an attack roll in it's description. Bless would not affect spells that don't have a attack like fireball or magic missile but would affect spells like Scorching Ray.
1508801063
Craven said: Kyle G. said: Three of Swords said: Any chance an attack in the Attacks & Spellcasting section could have a check mark to ignore the Global Attack Modifier field?  Some of my characters have attacks that are not affected by Bless. Just out of curiosity, what kind of attack would not benefit from Bless? Bless specifically states whenever the target makes an attack roll in it's description. Bless would not affect spells that don't have a attack like fireball or magic missile but would affect spells like Scorching Ray. That's true, but the Global Attack Modifier doesn't apply to spells like fireball or magic missile currently. Hence my question to OP. However, I guess my original question was a bit confusing if you don't assume that when I said attack I meant has an attack roll.
1508836340

Edited 1508836370
fenrhir
Pro
Translator
Hello. Not specific to 2.1, but how do you people manage "At higher level" damage rolls with the sheets ? I mean, D&D5 spells may work very differently: - Some simply add their base damage/effect dice beyond the ceil (base) spell slot level. I.E. 3rd level Fireball gains 1D6 dmg every level above the 3rd slot level. - Some add the damage dice every X level beyond the ceil spell slot level. I.E. 2nd level Spiritual Weapon gains 1D8 dmg every 2 levels above the 2nd slot level. While the 5th ed OGL sheets simply add the "At higher level" damage to each level beyond the base spell slot level. Could you please tell me how do you make the sheet automatically roll the proper damage with, as an example, Spiritual Weapon ?
1508866428
Steve K.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Editor
fenrhir said: Hello. Not specific to 2.1, but how do you people manage "At higher level" damage rolls with the sheets ? I mean, D&D5 spells may work very differently: - Some simply add their base damage/effect dice beyond the ceil (base) spell slot level. I.E. 3rd level Fireball gains 1D6 dmg every level above the 3rd slot level. - Some add the damage dice every X level beyond the ceil spell slot level. I.E. 2nd level Spiritual Weapon gains 1D8 dmg every 2 levels above the 2nd slot level. While the 5th ed OGL sheets simply add the "At higher level" damage to each level beyond the base spell slot level. Could you please tell me how do you make the sheet automatically roll the proper damage with, as an example, Spiritual Weapon ? Both those example spells should come in correctly from the compendium. You can see what there higher level spellcasting formulas look like. 1d6 for fireball and 0.49d8 for spiritual weapon.
I use Roll20s 5e companion script. Only attack spells take off a spell level. All others doesn't. 
Kyle G. said: Three of Swords said: Any chance an attack in the Attacks & Spellcasting section could have a check mark to ignore the Global Attack Modifier field?  Some of my characters have attacks that are not affected by Bless. Just out of curiosity, what kind of attack would not benefit from Bless? Bless specifically states whenever the target makes an attack roll in it's description. Sorry, I should have said ' things like bless '.  But if we use Bless specifically, I can think of several cases. A character with an anti-magic weapon would not be affected by Bless. For role-playing reasons, I can see a situations where a Blessing by a Deity might not affect certain types of attacks. In my specific case, all rolls are player-facing. That means the players make rolls for their spells to land rather than the target make a saving throw. In this case, Bless should not affect the roll or mechanics have changed.
1508889830
5th Edition OGL sheet Turning on the Jack of All Trades checkbox on the character settings page for our bard while also using "add Dex Tiebreaker to initiative" causes his initiative to appear as 4.140000000000001 instead of 4.14 Game is "The Rise of Tiamat"  Character handout is "Chrysos, Herald of Bahamut"
1508899500

Edited 1508899540
Fairly new to Roll20 and 5e OGL - so forgive me if this question has been raised/answered already.  Is it possible to have the "prepared" flag for spells in the spell sheet actually show/hide spells in the "Attacks and Spellcasting" section of the Character Sheet? For example, Druids and Clerics know all the spells for their class/spell slot level - but can only prepare a limited number. It would be easier for players to only see prepared attack/heal spells in this section, versus all the known spells.  Again, I apologize if this topic has been raised elsewhere.
1508902979
Ed S.
Plus
Jorge said: Fairly new to Roll20 and 5e OGL - so forgive me if this question has been raised/answered already.  Is it possible to have the "prepared" flag for spells in the spell sheet actually show/hide spells in the "Attacks and Spellcasting" section of the Character Sheet? For example, Druids and Clerics know all the spells for their class/spell slot level - but can only prepare a limited number. It would be easier for players to only see prepared attack/heal spells in this section, versus all the known spells.  Again, I apologize if this topic has been raised elsewhere. The best way to handle those types of spell casters is to only add the spells they are preparing to their lists. The character sheet tends to bog down if too many spells are added to them. It's easy enough to drag spells from the compendium to swap them out as needed. 
1508911513
Ed S. said: Jorge said: Fairly new to Roll20 and 5e OGL - so forgive me if this question has been raised/answered already.  Is it possible to have the "prepared" flag for spells in the spell sheet actually show/hide spells in the "Attacks and Spellcasting" section of the Character Sheet? For example, Druids and Clerics know all the spells for their class/spell slot level - but can only prepare a limited number. It would be easier for players to only see prepared attack/heal spells in this section, versus all the known spells.  Again, I apologize if this topic has been raised elsewhere. The best way to handle those types of spell casters is to only add the spells they are preparing to their lists. The character sheet tends to bog down if too many spells are added to them. It's easy enough to drag spells from the compendium to swap them out as needed.  Sadly there is still a number of spells which aren't in the SRD, and therefore removing and readding constantly is a nightmare. Running a wizard means you might not have every spell, but you have some that may not be prepared that day. Would be better if the A&S section only showed prepared spells.
1508945897
I'm seeing the same issue re:spellcards and attacks with all of my caster's character sheets.
1509020189

Edited 1509020311
Are there any plans to have the monster manual updated so that monsters uses the spells by levels section on the page? 
1509021090

Edited 1509021127
David M. said: Are there any plans to have the monster manual updated so that monsters uses the spells by levels section on the page?  Yes, the devs are going to work on that soon. Last I heard they had one more project they wanted to finish before the moved on to updating module/MM to match the v2.0/v2.1 changes. In the meantime, the old spell sections still work for those creatures.
Not unique to this version: Moving items in lists (like rearranging spells or inventory) doesn't work, and hasn't for any previous version of the character sheet that I've played with. Am I doing something wrong? I have them unlocked, and I can see the "hamburger" icon next to each. I click and drag it, but nothing moves. I've tried this in Chrome and Firefox (latest versions) on both Linux and Windows.