Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.1

Tim G. said: Kyle G. said: Tim G. said: Found another issue. Halfling luck does not appear to be working on the second die if you roll with advantage. it shows the "ro<1" on the first roll, but not the second one. I am not seeing the problem on my end Is this how you have halfling luck set up? My other question would be are you rolling from the sheet or through a macro? It is not, I was using the tickbox for halfling luck on the left side of the settings, which only applied it to the first roll. And I was rolling through the sheet. However I just tried it the way you posted, and the issue remains the same. only rolls halfling luck on the first roll, not on the advantage roll. I forgot there was the check box for halfling luck. I am still not seeing the problem on my end. So... Can you post the code sent to the chat window when you roll from the sheet (after you roll from the sheet, click the up arrow in chat to get the last run command).
Sure, here's the code: @{Tristen Websling|wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=+8}} {{rname=[Longbow](~-Kxx8k3uoT5qeK9VWr0a|repeating_attack_-Kxx9FDfETvdxI5FnsZw_attack_dmg)}} {{rnamec=[Longbow](~-Kxx8k3uoT5qeK9VWr0a|repeating_attack_-Kxx9FDfETvdxI5FnsZw_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[@{Tristen Websling|d20}cs>20 + 4[DEX] + 2[MOD] + 2[PROF]]]}} @{Tristen Websling|rtype}cs>20 + 4[DEX] + 2[MOD] + 2[PROF]]]}} {{range=150/600}} {{desc=+2 damage if attacking beasts}} {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} @{Tristen Websling|global_attack_mod} ammo=Arrows @{Tristen Websling|charname_output} I also found out some additional information. The rolls I was making earlier (with the code and such) are in a campaign where the DM does not have pro, and thus we don't have the full API. no ammo tracking etc. However, I just tried it in my other campaign where the DM DOES have have pro, so full API, and it's working as intended in that campaign. So it might have something to do with not using the full API functionality? Though that seems a little odd since it is still applying to the first roll...

Edited 1509725180
Here's the same code from another character in the campaign that does have pro. They look identical to me with regards to the r1= part in the middle there (which I assume is the reroll ones part) And to clarify: this one DOES reroll ones on both the rolls. @{Rime|wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=+6}} {{rname=[Rapier](~-KbvHJQE6RL6doE1nigk|repeating_attack_-KbvIcJXFcYmWpxRW9Ln_attack_dmg)}} {{rnamec=[Rapier](~-KbvHJQE6RL6doE1nigk|repeating_attack_-KbvIcJXFcYmWpxRW9Ln_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[@{Rime|d20}cs>20 + 4[DEX] + 2[PROF]]]}} @{Rime|rtype}cs>20 + 4[DEX] + 2[PROF]]]}} {{range=}} {{desc=}} {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} @{Rime|global_attack_mod} ammo= @{Rime|charname_output}
@Tim G. Can you run @{selected|rtype} for each of these characters and post their value for me.

Edited 1509726164
@Kyle G. If I've done this correctly (mark their token, paste your command into chat and hit enter) It returns this for the one that is not working: {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20 And this for the one that IS working: {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20ro Removing halfling luck from the second one makes it identical to the first one (no ro at the end)

Edited 1509727001
Tim G. said: @Kyle G. If I've done this correctly (mark their token, paste your command into chat and hit enter) It returns this for the one that is not working: {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20 And this for the one that IS working: {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20ro Removing halfling luck from the second one makes it identical to the first one (no ro at the end) Perfect, that's where the problem is occurring. The simple fix would be to simply put ro at the end for the character that is not working; however this should happen automatically when you check/uncheck halfling luck. Can you check to see if updating the rtype for the character fixes the halfling luck. Just change the ROLL QUERIES setting to something else and back. Then run @{selected|rtype} for the character again. If that doesn't work, can you delete the rtype attribute (you would have to find it in the Attributes & Abilities tab for the character and hit the X when you hover over the attribute), and try to reset the ROLL QUERIES setting again. I think this attribute may have been corrupted.
Kyle G. said: Perfect, that's where the problem is occurring. The simple fix would be to simply put ro at the end for the character that is not working; however this should happen automatically when you check/uncheck halfling luck. Can you check to see if updating the rtype for the character fixes the halfling luck. Just change the ROLL QUERIES setting to something else and back. Then run @{selected|rtype} for the character again. Yep! That solved it. changed the roll querie and changed it back, the character that was not working is now working like it should with halfling luck box ticked in. Still not sure why it wasn't updating it automatically in the first place though. Perhaps something that needs to be looked at?
Tim G. said: Kyle G. said: Perfect, that's where the problem is occurring. The simple fix would be to simply put ro at the end for the character that is not working; however this should happen automatically when you check/uncheck halfling luck. Can you check to see if updating the rtype for the character fixes the halfling luck. Just change the ROLL QUERIES setting to something else and back. Then run @{selected|rtype} for the character again. Yep! That solved it. changed the roll querie and changed it back, the character that was not working is now working like it should with halfling luck box ticked in. Still not sure why it wasn't updating it automatically in the first place though. Perhaps something that needs to be looked at? Great! If you uncheck halfing luck, does rtype update?
Kyle G. said: Great! If you uncheck halfing luck, does rtype update? It does, both ways now without needing to change the queries in between. Seems like it might have been a one-off thing to activate it for some reason?

Edited 1509728061
Tried again on another character in the same campaign. Same issue as before. Changed queries, fixed it again. Tried reloading the entire campaign to see if the same problem appears again when reloaded. It continued working toggling between halfling luck and no luck after the initial "activation" for both characters, regardless of whether or not the box was ticked or not when reloading the campaign.
Out of curiosity,were these characters brought in from the Character Vault and if so, is is possible that these characters were created using a different character sheet (Shaped or Community)?
Nope. I've never used the vault. Don't know how it works if I'm being perfectly honest, I just know that it exists. One of them was created today (the actual halfling), the others have been around for a couple of months at least. They were always in the OGL sheets since creation.
Tim G. said: A Couple of issues I've been having recently. Copying them in from the previous OGL sheet thread since they have yet to be resolved: 1. Whenever I load up my game, all the spells/attacks etc that do not use an attack roll, but only a DC, do not work. Most of the time they show a syntax error, but sometimes they show nothing when you click them at all, just nothing happens. This is, as far as I can tell, only with attacks/abilities/spells that were not dragged and dropped from the compendium, but written manually. Not sure if that is important. However, it is easily fixable by opening the attack and clicking the proficiency box. But you have to do that each time you load up the game, which is easy to forget and is tedious to do on multiple attacks. This is what the stuff looks like: 2. I also have a slight request. I would LOVE to see an exhaustion tracker somewhere on the main core page. (Underneath the temp Hp maybe?) 6 tickboxes. Even better if when you mouse over each tickbox, it shows what happens on that exhaustion level. Tim try and remove the ammo section as you can see below its not used for my spell
@Craven The ammo section is there because this is a warlock using a resource for his spell slots instead of the regular spell slot tracking. It doesn't affect the roll (I've used plenty of attacks both with and without the ammo section, and they're all affected by this issue)
Hi guys, I absolutely love the sheet and all the changes you've been putting out. It's a lifesaver that I use for all of my games. In one of my games, I'm allowing the characters limited access to firearms with a misfire mechanic (basically an enhanced fumble range that temporarily disables the gun). Is there any way to modify the sheet to change the inherent fumble range, such as if they roll a 1-3, so that the roll appears in red as usual like you can for the crit range? Thanks again for all your hard work!
GM said: Hi guys, I absolutely love the sheet and all the changes you've been putting out. It's a lifesaver that I use for all of my games. In one of my games, I'm allowing the characters limited access to firearms with a misfire mechanic (basically an enhanced fumble range that temporarily disables the gun). Is there any way to modify the sheet to change the inherent fumble range, such as if they roll a 1-3, so that the roll appears in red as usual like you can for the crit range? Thanks again for all your hard work! Change the CRIT RANGE of the weapon to 20cf<3
Kyle G. said: ############################################################### ### Universal Skills PC/NPC ############################################################### @{selected|wtype}&{template:simple} @{selected|rtype}?{Skill Try these, last I checked they should work for both the PC and NPC character sheet. Kyle is there a replacement for "wtype" that always queries whether you want to whisper or not?  That is, regardless what the PC / NPC sheet setting is, that the output of the above will always  ask the person to confirm whisper / public? (I'm assuming that's what "wtype" refers to, and I searched R20 to no avail :( .)  My thanks!
Brett M. said: Kyle G. said: ############################################################### ### Universal Skills PC/NPC ############################################################### @{selected|wtype}&{template:simple} @{selected|rtype}?{Skill Try these, last I checked they should work for both the PC and NPC character sheet. Kyle is there a replacement for "wtype" that always queries whether you want to whisper or not?  That is, regardless what the PC / NPC sheet setting is, that the output of the above will always  ask the person to confirm whisper / public? (I'm assuming that's what "wtype" refers to, and I searched R20 to no avail :( .)  My thanks! That is exactly what wtype does!  You can replace @{selected|wtype} with ?{Output|Public,|Private,/w gm }
Kyle G. said: ############################################################### ### Universal Skills PC/NPC ############################################################### |Acrobatics,+[[(@{selected|acrobatics_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_acrobatics}*@{selected|npc})]][ACRO] ]]}} {{rname=^{acrobatics-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|acrobatics_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_acrobatics}*@{selected|npc})]][ACRO] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|acrobatics_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_acrobatics}*@{selected|npc})]][ACRO] ]] Try these, last I checked they should work for both the PC and NPC character sheet. Kyle -- I think I found an error in the Animal Handling section.  Using your code above, I get the following (just for AH - not for any other skill): Adding a space to the code below (look for the two or three underlined  characters after "animal-handling-u"), I get the results further below (I still haven't figured out the error with [animal-handling-u] (2[ANIM] ]])  ): |Animal Handling,+[[(@{selected|animal_handling_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_animal_handling}*@{selected|npc})]][ANIM] ]]}} {{rname=^{animal-handling-u}}&#125 ; {{ mod=[[ [[(@{selected|animal_handling_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_animal_handling}*@{selected|npc})]][ANIM] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|animal_handling_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_animal_handling}*@{selected|npc})]][ANIM] ]]
Kyle G. said: That is exactly what wtype does!  You can replace @{selected|wtype} with ?{Output|Public,|Private,/w gm } Thanks Kyle!
Brett M. said: Kyle G. said: ############################################################### ### Universal Skills PC/NPC ############################################################### |Acrobatics,+[[(@{selected|acrobatics_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_acrobatics}*@{selected|npc})]][ACRO] ]]}} {{rname=^{acrobatics-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|acrobatics_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_acrobatics}*@{selected|npc})]][ACRO] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|acrobatics_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_acrobatics}*@{selected|npc})]][ACRO] ]] Try these, last I checked they should work for both the PC and NPC character sheet. Kyle -- I think I found an error in the Animal Handling section.  Using your code above, I get the following (just for AH - not for any other skill): Adding a space to the code below (look for the two or three underlined  characters after "animal-handling-u"), I get the results further below (I still haven't figured out the error with [animal-handling-u] (2[ANIM] ]])  ): |Animal Handling,+[[(@{selected|animal_handling_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_animal_handling}*@{selected|npc})]][ANIM] ]]}} {{rname=^{animal-handling-u}}&#125 ; {{ mod=[[ [[(@{selected|animal_handling_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_animal_handling}*@{selected|npc})]][ANIM] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|animal_handling_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_animal_handling}*@{selected|npc})]][ANIM] ]] The red is from a typo in the macro. It should be ^{animal_handling-u} with an underscore rather than a dash. Nice catch with the space.
Thanks Kyle -- you did all the heavy lifting!  (I started my career as a coder :> .)

Edited 1509758779
Kyle -- I missed pointing out a third correction I made to make AH work. So, in summary: #1) ^{animal_handling-} should have an underscore between "animal" and "handling" (thanks again for that!) #2) soon after that part, there should be a space between the last } and [[mod= #3) and right after that the {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected should have the two [[ before (@{selected -- they were missing Below is, I believe, the fully corrected "Animal Handling" part: |Animal Handling,+[[(@{selected|animal_handling_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_animal_handling}*@{selected|npc})]][ANIM] ]]}} {{rname=^{animal_handling-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|animal_handling_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_animal_handling}*@{selected|npc})]][ANIM] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|animal_handling_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_animal_handling}*@{selected|npc})]][ANIM] ]]
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything about it so my google-fu may be failing me. I'm adding custom NPC type monsters, I should be able to drag weapons and/or spells from the compendium to an NPC sheet and add it, correct? I swear I was able to do this before for some other NPC/monsters I had made some time ago (before the update) but now it doesn't seem to work. I have "Spellcasting NPC" checked and the spell list is there, but nothing I drag over is working. I tried both with a blank spell up and without. It seems to be working fine for PC sheets, but doesn't seem to be working with NPC sheets.
There are a lot of comments so scrolling through all of them to see if my problem has already been addressed is difficult, so sorry if I am bringing up something that has been addressed. I run a lot of games on a weekly basis and since the update to the new version of the character sheet I have noticed two things happening no matter how hard i try to rebuild character sheets or fix it myself it keeps happening each week. 1) Spells are not working properly. It appears as though if a spell is listed as an attack then the attack needs to be updated every time i log into my games otherwise using them simply pushes out errors/nothing. Spell slot tracking isn't working properly if the spell is an attack. 2) Every time i exit the game the 5th edition ogl API stops working, this means i need to restart the sandbox before entering the game every day, which breaks all the ammo tracking. I really hope I'm not the only one who is having trouble with these things as it is affecting all of my games.
Krispy Demon said: Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything about it so my google-fu may be failing me. I'm adding custom NPC type monsters, I should be able to drag weapons and/or spells from the compendium to an NPC sheet and add it, correct? I swear I was able to do this before for some other NPC/monsters I had made some time ago (before the update) but now it doesn't seem to work. I have "Spellcasting NPC" checked and the spell list is there, but nothing I drag over is working. I tried both with a blank spell up and without. It seems to be working fine for PC sheets, but doesn't seem to be working with NPC sheets. In v2.0 of the character sheet, dragging from the compendium no longer required an empty object (item/attack/spell/npc/etc) to drag the information. Because of this change, it removed the functionality of dragging a weapon to an npc as the character sheet believes the weapon is an item and so adds it to the PC inventory rather than NPC attacks.  As of right now, you will have to manually enter the weapon's information on the NPC. Hopefully a future release will be able to distinguish compendium drops based on the whether the character sheet is a PC or NPC similar to how spells currently work.
Teovanth said: 2) Every time i exit the game the 5th edition ogl API stops working, this means i need to restart the sandbox before entering the game every day, which breaks all the ammo tracking. In order for the API to work, the game must  be running (meaning a person needs to be logged in). If the game is not running, you will receive something along the lines of campaign shutdown due to inactivity .  This is expected. However are you saying that when you re-enter the game, the companion script crashes? If so can you post the error that you are receiving from the API console. 
Teovanth said: 1) Spells are not working properly. It appears as though if a spell is listed as an attack then the attack needs to be updated every time i log into my games otherwise using them simply pushes out errors/nothing. There have been similar instances of this, but no fix has been found yet. I'm curious if you were to remove and re-add these spells (I'm sorry if they are not SRD spells) do you encounter a similar situation.  Teovanth said: Spell slot tracking isn't working properly if the spell is an attack Can you give me a situation (preferably with screen-shots both for the spell's attack information as well as the chat output) that this is happening so that I can try to recreate and see if I can figure out the cause?

Edited 1510077515
Silvyre
Forum Champion
There is an issue with the implementation of the global skill and global save modifiers. Unlike with the other two global modifiers, checking the global_skill/save_mod checkbox does not populate global_skill/save_mod_field with the placeholder text. If a global_ x _mod checkbox is checked, but its corresponding global_ x _mod_field remains empty, all x rolls will either throw a syntax error or fail. This can be avoided by appending @{global_skill_ x _field} with +0 within the HTML. Despite this being an issue mostly for the global skill and global save modifiers (for the aforementioned reason), this precautionary measure would benefit all four global modifiers.
Kyle G. said: Krispy Demon said: Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything about it so my google-fu may be failing me. I'm adding custom NPC type monsters, I should be able to drag weapons and/or spells from the compendium to an NPC sheet and add it, correct? I swear I was able to do this before for some other NPC/monsters I had made some time ago (before the update) but now it doesn't seem to work. I have "Spellcasting NPC" checked and the spell list is there, but nothing I drag over is working. I tried both with a blank spell up and without. It seems to be working fine for PC sheets, but doesn't seem to be working with NPC sheets. In v2.0 of the character sheet, dragging from the compendium no longer required an empty object (item/attack/spell/npc/etc) to drag the information. Because of this change, it removed the functionality of dragging a weapon to an npc as the character sheet believes the weapon is an item and so adds it to the PC inventory rather than NPC attacks.  As of right now, you will have to manually enter the weapon's information on the NPC. Hopefully a future release will be able to distinguish compendium drops based on the whether the character sheet is a PC or NPC similar to how spells currently work. Thanks! Glad to know I wasn't going crazy. The spell part of it seems to have fixed itself... not sure what the problem there was.
Kyle G. said: Teovanth said: 1) Spells are not working properly. It appears as though if a spell is listed as an attack then the attack needs to be updated every time i log into my games otherwise using them simply pushes out errors/nothing. There have been similar instances of this, but no fix has been found yet. I'm curious if you were to remove and re-add these spells (I'm sorry if they are not SRD spells) do you encounter a similar situation.  Teovanth said: Spell slot tracking isn't working properly if the spell is an attack Can you give me a situation (preferably with screen-shots both for the spell's attack information as well as the chat output) that this is happening so that I can try to recreate and see if I can figure out the cause? A specific example. Burning Hands (a spell in the compendium) I log into one game and open a player's character sheet and see all their spells are set up (by me through drag and drop on compendium) and the subsequent attacks are there in the core page. Clicking on the spells in the Attacks and Spellcasting section of the Core page does nothing. Clicking on the spells in the Spells page casts them correctly. I delete the spell from the spell list and the subsequent spell is removed from the attacks on Core page (indicating to me they are linked) I add the spell back through drag and drop from compendium. Spell is added to both Spells and Core pages in the correct manner. Clicking on the spell in the Attacks and Spellcasting section of the Core page works! Spell slot tracking is up to date. Exit the game Enter the game Clicking on the spells in the Attacks and Spellcasting section of the Core page does nothing  Rinse and repeat. I never had these problems before the update to the new version of the 5th OGL sheet.

Edited 1509964475
On another note, I have found that if I use an ability or attribute in an attack I have problems. For example Player has Radiance of the Dawn (Con save vs 2d10 + cleric level radiant damage) I set it, as usual setting the damage to: 2d10+@{level} 'level' is what the cleric level is called in the list of attributes and abilities and I haven't changed it. After setting it up, it works. I reload the game and when i try to use it again i get the following error: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. After making ANY change to the attack. I mean any change, toggling on and off a second damage, adding crit range and removing it etc. The attack works correctly. Whenever i log into the game i must make a meaningless change to this attack in order for it to work in that session for me, which is one thing but I shouldn't expect my player to have to remember to do all of this every time.
Hey! Stupid question incoming, sorry. I'm going kind of crazy trying to figure this out, and google isn't helping so I figured I'd go right to the source. When I create an attack, no matter what I put under the damage field, the game seems to roll 1d20. I set the "crit range" to 0, just in case that was the cause, but it didn't make a difference so I put it back to 20. Here are some images to make this easier to understand. When clicking to roll this: I'm sure I'm missing something incredibly obvious, but I can't figure out what that is, so I'm just asking.
@Antimoany What is this set to?
Kyle G. said: @Antimoany What is this set to? 1d20! Thank you for pointing it out, I didn't even realise that was there! Changing it to 1d6 does indeed make it roll properly...but does that mean I need to change that to match every roll being made? I thought the whole point of being able to pick particular dice in the attacks section was to automate rolling.
Ahh ok, I was misunderstanding what your issue was. I thought you were experiencing a problem with the attack roll always being a crit (green highlight). So I was asking if there was an incorrect value in the Core Die Roll for the character sheet. However, that was not your issue. Your issue is that you cannot figure out how to roll damage for a weapon. That's much easier to fix. Simply click the name of the weapon in the chat after you roll to hit. Or if you always want to roll damage the setting right above CORE DIE ROLL will allow you to automatically roll damage for weapons.
Kyle G. said: Ahh ok, I was misunderstanding what your issue was. I thought you were experiencing a problem with the attack roll always being a crit (green highlight). So I was asking if there was an incorrect value in the Core Die Roll for the character sheet. However, that was not your issue. Your issue is that you cannot figure out how to roll damage for a weapon. That's much easier to fix. Simply click the name of the weapon in the chat after you roll to hit. Or if you always want to roll damage the setting right above CORE DIE ROLL will allow you to automatically roll damage for weapons. Okay, I appreciate you trying to help. I think we've found the core of the issue, though: I can't click the name of the weapon in the chat. If I click on the attack to roll to hit, this appears in chat: And when I mouseover it I can clearly see it rolled 1d20. I can't click on any of it - it's all just text. Clicking on "Unarmed Strike", for example, does nothing. At first I thought this was because there is no weapon, so I tried it with an attack that was auto-generated by dragging a dagger onto the character sheet. Same issues: it rolls 1d20 to attack, and I can't click on anything in the chat to roll a different die for damage. The dagger is 1d4, to be clear. Auto-roll damage and crit is enabled (I double-checked), and I even left and re-entered the test game just to be sure. What am I doing wrong?
Antimoany said: Okay, I appreciate you trying to help. I think we've found the core of the issue, though: I can't click the name of the weapon in the chat. If I click on the attack to roll to hit, this appears in chat: And when I mouseover it I can clearly see it rolled 1d20. I can't click on any of it - it's all just text. Clicking on "Unarmed Strike", for example, does nothing. At first I thought this was because there is no weapon, so I tried it with an attack that was auto-generated by dragging a dagger onto the character sheet. Same issues: it rolls 1d20 to attack, and I can't click on anything in the chat to roll a different die for damage. The dagger is 1d4, to be clear. Auto-roll damage and crit is enabled (I double-checked), and I even left and re-entered the test game just to be sure. What am I doing wrong? Ok, so I think you are misunderstanding the roll template. The first number you see in the template represents the roll to hit. This is usually 1d20+modifiers. The second number (the one at the bottom of the roll template) is the damage roll. This is the number that would should the 1d6+modifiers in the attack you created. As to my statement about clicking on the name of the attack in chat. The name is clickable when the Auto-roll damage and crit is disabled. If Auto-roll damage and crit is enabled, the name is not clickable as you have noticed.
Kyle G. said: Antimoany said: Okay, I appreciate you trying to help. I think we've found the core of the issue, though: I can't click the name of the weapon in the chat. If I click on the attack to roll to hit, this appears in chat: And when I mouseover it I can clearly see it rolled 1d20. I can't click on any of it - it's all just text. Clicking on "Unarmed Strike", for example, does nothing. At first I thought this was because there is no weapon, so I tried it with an attack that was auto-generated by dragging a dagger onto the character sheet. Same issues: it rolls 1d20 to attack, and I can't click on anything in the chat to roll a different die for damage. The dagger is 1d4, to be clear. Auto-roll damage and crit is enabled (I double-checked), and I even left and re-entered the test game just to be sure. What am I doing wrong? Ok, so I think you are misunderstanding the roll template. The first number you see in the template represents the roll to hit. This is usually 1d20+modifiers. The second number (the one at the bottom of the roll template) is the damage roll. This is the number that would should the 1d6+modifiers in the attack you created. As to my statement about clicking on the name of the attack in chat. The name is clickable when the Auto-roll damage and crit is disabled. If Auto-roll damage and crit is enabled, the name is not clickable as you have noticed. I am a complete idiot who absolutely misunderstood that, thank you very much for explaining.
Tim G. said: A Couple of issues I've been having recently. Copying them in from the previous OGL sheet thread since they have yet to be resolved: 1. Whenever I load up my game, all the spells/attacks etc that do not use an attack roll, but only a DC, do not work. Most of the time they show a syntax error, but sometimes they show nothing when you click them at all, just nothing happens. This is, as far as I can tell, only with attacks/abilities/spells that were not dragged and dropped from the compendium, but written manually. Not sure if that is important. However, it is easily fixable by opening the attack and clicking the proficiency box. But you have to do that each time you load up the game, which is easy to forget and is tedious to do on multiple attacks. This is what the stuff looks like: 2. I also have a slight request. I would LOVE to see an exhaustion tracker somewhere on the main core page. (Underneath the temp Hp maybe?) 6 tickboxes. Even better if when you mouse over each tickbox, it shows what happens on that exhaustion level. @tim did you ever find a fix for this. I am having the same problem,

Edited 1510073070
Teovanth said: Tim G. said: A Couple of issues I've been having recently. Copying them in from the previous OGL sheet thread since they have yet to be resolved: 1. Whenever I load up my game, all the spells/attacks etc that do not use an attack roll, but only a DC, do not work. Most of the time they show a syntax error, but sometimes they show nothing when you click them at all, just nothing happens. This is, as far as I can tell, only with attacks/abilities/spells that were not dragged and dropped from the compendium, but written manually. Not sure if that is important. However, it is easily fixable by opening the attack and clicking the proficiency box. But you have to do that each time you load up the game, which is easy to forget and is tedious to do on multiple attacks. This is what the stuff looks like: 2. I also have a slight request. I would LOVE to see an exhaustion tracker somewhere on the main core page. (Underneath the temp Hp maybe?) 6 tickboxes. Even better if when you mouse over each tickbox, it shows what happens on that exhaustion level. @tim did you ever find a fix for this. I am having the same problem, Sadly haven't found a fix yet other than going into the attack every time I load the game up and changing something then changing it back (causing the attack to update). But that's a tedious temporary fix for now until it gets fixed properly. 
Is there a way to import/export the 5e OGL character sheet to/from JSON? I'd like to be able to export them to my AL log so that I can keep track of progress of my characters and be able to import them easily.
Soul said: Is there a way to import/export the 5e OGL character sheet to/from JSON? I'd like to be able to export them to my AL log so that I can keep track of progress of my characters and be able to import them easily. Unfortunately not

Edited 1510157897
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Teovanth said: Tim G. said: A Couple of issues I've been having recently. Copying them in from the previous OGL sheet thread since they have yet to be resolved: 1. Whenever I load up my game, all the spells/attacks etc that do not use an attack roll, but only a DC, do not work. Most of the time they show a syntax error, but sometimes they show nothing when you click them at all, just nothing happens. This is, as far as I can tell, only with attacks/abilities/spells that were not dragged and dropped from the compendium, but written manually. Not sure if that is important. However, it is easily fixable by opening the attack and clicking the proficiency box. But you have to do that each time you load up the game, which is easy to forget and is tedious to do on multiple attacks. This is what the stuff looks like: @tim did you ever find a fix for this. I am having the same problem, So, you're saying the attacks are broken, updating them fixes them, but when you reload the character sheet it's broken again? Edit: So, this one is a weird one. I've looked into it. It doesn't have anything to do with the OGL sheet per say, but has to do with nested default values and roll buttons. The work around, until I figure out what's causing the problem and patch it, is to update the "VS DC:" section of the attack from "SPELL" to anything else and back. That should solve the problem permanently for that one attack. Edit 2: I've found the issue and made a patch that will go out early next week. That should resolve this issue for everyone.
Thanks that work around fixes it.

Edited 1510240254
Attn: Devs Bug found. Passive perception not calculating correctly. Any character created before the v2.0 character sheet has a PP of 10. This was fixed by unchecking and checking perception again or if they didn't have perception checking it and unchecking it also works. Just want to give a heads up just in-case. It might affect modules you have created for roll20 with PC and NPC.
I'm new to this character sheet and trying to set up a game with it. It's not clear to me what can  be dragged and dropped. Some things clearly work as expected (spells and items for instance) and others don't (racial traits, for example) while still giving the "updating from SRD" message. Is there a simple list of what can and cannot be dragged and dropped? Thanks
Charles H. said: I'm new to this character sheet and trying to set up a game with it. It's not clear to me what can  be dragged and dropped. Some things clearly work as expected (spells and items for instance) and others don't (racial traits, for example) while still giving the "updating from SRD" message. Is there a simple list of what can and cannot be dragged and dropped? Thanks Simple list is Items and spells.