Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.1

CaelReader
Marketplace Creator
It would be nice to beable to enable Inventory for NPCs, for use with pack animals and such. Right now I gotta switch them over to the PC sheet for inventroy tracking.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ethan K. said: hello im completely new to this and while i have gotten down the basics im having a hard time getting the final touches to work, it apears as though its rolling a d20 but the spell damage is only a d6 im not sure where i went wrong any help would be DEEPLY aperciated  We'll need more information on which spell you're referencing, whether or not you pulled it in from the compendium, what result you're hoping for, and what attributes are currently set for the spell.

Edited 1526631723
Hi, just wondering if there is a way to move the spell list for spellcasting NPCs' character sheets so that it is on the right of the NPC character information, instead of below it? Also, is it possible to hide spell levels for which the NPC has no spells (to save space)?

Edited 1526634380
Also, I've noticed that when I put formulae into the TO HIT and ON HIT (damage) boxes of an NPC's attack, it appears like this: For reference, the formula for the attack bonus is  @{pb}+@{dexterity_save_bonus} and that currently equals 4 (2+2). Is there any way to get it to evaluate these formulae in the view here?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
There is no default way to move the location of the spells. You can move it with CSS if you want to add a scriptlet. Also, you can't use attribute references in those NPC fields. 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We pushed out some changes to the OGL sheet this morning that involve how compendium npcs come in. Please let us know if you're seeing any weirdness with monster actions.

Edited 1526666381
Steve K. said: We pushed out some changes to the OGL sheet this morning that involve how compendium npcs come in. Please let us know if you're seeing any weirdness with monster actions. Hey Steve, I noticed that in the changes for the new NPC drop functionality that it removed the item modifier, "Ability Checks." Was this intended? The bug fix for multicaster spell slots was also reverted with the drop functionality change.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We'll get that multi-class caster bugfix back in. On your first point I'm not following what you mean. Can you provide an example?
Steve K. said: Also, you can't use attribute references in those NPC fields.  It actually works fine when you hit the button and roll, it just shows up wonky on the character sheet.
Steve K. said: We'll get that multi-class caster bugfix back in. On your first point I'm not following what you mean. Can you provide an example? The main problem that happened is that I don't think you used the github version of the character sheet when you made the recent changes. Thus, changes that were made by the Community and not Roll20 were overwritten. Here are the github commits from my two updates:  bugfix for multiclass spellcasters and  item modifier for ability checks .

Edited 1526910100
Glad to see Kyle's on top of things. I was about to ask if the item mod that allows you to increase ability checks was removed, because my Stone of Luck is no longer adding to my skills.
I recently came across an issue where NPCs were auto rolling damage for their attacks. I had the option set and working for a long while to not auto roll. Yesterday, I decided to push the campaign settings back out, setting the damage to not auto roll, but now some (not all) of my NPCs are automatically rolling critical damage within the results. Any thoughts what could be causing this? These are all NPCs in the Storm King's Thunder campaign, several of them specifically in the Grudd Haug Upper map in the the main room (2). It wasn't happening consistently, and it's not happening now when I look at it. Any ideas what could cause something like this to happen?
Hey guys I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I was wondering if in a future update it would be possible to make it so only prepared spells are pushed to the front "Core" page? My spellcasters end up having a lot of attacks autofilled in there once they get to a high level even when most of them are not prepared.
Encumbrance bug? I noticed encumbrance calculates as simple load and carry rules regardless of game setting - simple or variant. For example, if I give a character a STR ability of 10, simple rules should calculate that anything over 150 (15xSTR) shows me a warning. This happens correctly. However, if I am set to Variant: PHB 176 setting, a STR of 10 should give me an "Encumbered" warning at 50 pounds. I am fairly certain it used to function this way. However, it seems to be calculating simple rules no matter what the game setting.  I tried changing in existing games and even created a temp game and got the same results. 
Hoot Games said: Encumbrance bug? I noticed encumbrance calculates as simple load and carry rules regardless of game setting - simple or variant. For example, if I give a character a STR ability of 10, simple rules should calculate that anything over 150 (15xSTR) shows me a warning. This happens correctly. However, if I am set to Variant: PHB 176 setting, a STR of 10 should give me an "Encumbered" warning at 50 pounds. I am fairly certain it used to function this way. However, it seems to be calculating simple rules no matter what the game setting.  I tried changing in existing games and even created a temp game and got the same results.  Are you changing this in the Game Settings or the individual Character Settings?
For an NPC, is there some way to create an action for a spell-like ability that deals damage based on a saving throw where the damage is rolled when the ability is clicked, similar to how you can specify no attack roll for a spell yet still get a display of the save DC and a damage roll? When I make an action an attack, the only attack type options are Melee and Ranged. There doesn't appear to be any option to prevent an attack roll from occurring in a manner similar to how, with a spell, you can choose an attack type of Melee, Ranged, or None. Am I overlooking something? I currently work around it by making the NPC a spellcaster and then creating the breath weapon as a cantrip, but would prefer not to do it this way to prevent all the extra clutter from the spellcasting block from showing up on the NPC sheet.
Cody S. said: For an NPC, is there some way to create an action for a spell-like ability that deals damage based on a saving throw where the damage is rolled when the ability is clicked, similar to how you can specify no attack roll for a spell yet still get a display of the save DC and a damage roll? When I make an action an attack, the only attack type options are Melee and Ranged. There doesn't appear to be any option to prevent an attack roll from occurring in a manner similar to how, with a spell, you can choose an attack type of Melee, Ranged, or None. Am I overlooking something? I currently work around it by making the NPC a spellcaster and then creating the breath weapon as a cantrip, but would prefer not to do it this way to prevent all the extra clutter from the spellcasting block from showing up on the NPC sheet. For this I would simply put the DC in the description for the attack.
Can't get anything to work from my character sheets attacks just come back with this error? SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Anthony V. said: Can't get anything to work from my character sheets attacks just come back with this error? SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. Do you have the global attack section checked but it's blank? If that's the case you'll need to give us more information on your attacks that are failing. A screenshot of the open card would be useful.
That seemed to be the problem, however I seem to have a new issue where my character ID's are not being recognized by my API if i create a new character it reads it fine. Is there a way to reset Token/character ids?
Whenever i use a macro to call the PC's ID it crashed the sandbox with this error, it seems like creating new characters works but that seems tideous. Any help to reset the ID's? here is the crash log
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Anthony V. said: That seemed to be the problem, however I seem to have a new issue where my character ID's are not being recognized by my API if i create a new character it reads it fine. Is there a way to reset Token/character ids? You'll get the best help you'll need in the API forum. I suggest reposting your question there. You'll also want to provide the code snippets you're using that are producing the issue.
Steve K. said: Anthony V. said: That seemed to be the problem, however I seem to have a new issue where my character ID's are not being recognized by my API if i create a new character it reads it fine. Is there a way to reset Token/character ids? You'll get the best help you'll need in the API forum. I suggest reposting your question there. You'll also want to provide the code snippets you're using that are producing the issue. They helped! Thank you so much!

Edited 1527636405
Hoot
Pro
Kyle G. said: Hoot Games said: Encumbrance bug? I noticed encumbrance calculates as simple load and carry rules regardless of game setting - simple or variant. For example, if I give a character a STR ability of 10, simple rules should calculate that anything over 150 (15xSTR) shows me a warning. This happens correctly. However, if I am set to Variant: PHB 176 setting, a STR of 10 should give me an "Encumbered" warning at 50 pounds. I am fairly certain it used to function this way. However, it seems to be calculating simple rules no matter what the game setting.  I tried changing in existing games and even created a temp game and got the same results.  Are you changing this in the Game Settings or the individual Character Settings? nevermind. I think I have it. now.
Hello, I wanted to report some translation problems in the Italian language. English Version: Italian Version: First, we have two persuasion (Persuasione), but the "First" persuasion are Performance (Intrattenere). Second, (it's not important), Investigation are Investigazione. Thank you and regards Dalkan
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Dalkan said: First, we have two persuasion (Persuasione), but the "First" persuasion are Performance (Intrattenere). Second, (it's not important), Investigation are Investigazione. Thank you and regards Dalkan The translations done on character sheets are contributed by community volunteers. If you'd like to make a correction of help in the translation of Roll20 content please email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>. You can see the Italian translation file&nbsp; here .
Steve K. said: Dalkan said: First, we have two persuasion (Persuasione), but the "First" persuasion are Performance (Intrattenere). Second, (it's not important), Investigation are Investigazione. Thank you and regards Dalkan The translations done on character sheets are contributed by community volunteers. If you'd like to make a correction of help in the translation of Roll20 content please email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> . You can see the Italian translation file&nbsp; here . Thank you :)
fenrhir
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Strange bug I've never seen before. Another DM and me are now experiencing a bug when we drop a character/npc from the Journal to the tabletop : if the grid size is not 1 unit, the token is not resized to the proper size, and will be smaller. Anyone else experiencing this ?
fenrhir said: Strange bug I've never seen before. Another DM and me are now experiencing a bug when we drop a character/npc from the Journal to the tabletop : if the grid size is not 1 unit, the token is not resized to the proper size, and will be smaller. Anyone else experiencing this ? Not a bug that I am aware of, but a functionality that has not yet been implemented but is present for a future update. Similar to how the Features & Traits section of the PC character sheet isn't currently drag-and-drop compatible even though the specific setting says otherwise.
I was wondering if there was a way to change the text displayed on the SPELLS tab of the character sheet so it refers to KI instead (for monks). So, I'd want it to look like this: (I did this with Chrome via Inspect, btw)
Is there an easy way to add additional Dmg Types to weapons without using a macro? Can there be an option to add Damage 3 ... X as needed?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Laðy Laмвðaðelтa said: I was wondering if there was a way to change the text displayed on the SPELLS tab of the character sheet so it refers to KI instead (for monks). You could edit it by customizing the sheet. There is no existing logic to support a variable in that space, so one would need to be added, or else that text would be changed to Ki for all characters.&nbsp;
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Azharen said: Is there an easy way to add additional Dmg Types to weapons without using a macro? Can there be an option to add Damage 3 ... X as needed? You can put in a formula into the damage1 or damage2 sections such as 1d8+1d4. Additionally if this 3rd source of damage is coming from a special ability that could apply to different types of attacks, I'd recommend using the global damage modifier which can be enabled from the settings tab.
Apologies if this has been posted before, but is there any way to force an attack from the OGL sheet to always roll critical damage? It would be nice to have a toggle function for the rouge's assassinate ability or for attacking unconscious or paralyzed enemies.

Edited 1527999225
Is there a way to add the components needed somewhere to this description in a future update? I know its minor but it would be nice to know that.
Has anyone else been having issues where any time you level up on the sheet the spells lose their save selection, changing from (fireball as example) DEX save to NONE, and don't work from the spells page, but still work form the attacks & spellcasting section on the core page. But they now output as asking for a strength save?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
George E. said: Apologies if this has been posted before, but is there any way to force an attack from the OGL sheet to always roll critical damage? It would be nice to have a toggle function for the rouge's assassinate ability or for attacking unconscious or paralyzed enemies. You can set the attack crit threshold from 20 to 1, meaning every result will crit.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Koalakylie said: Has anyone else been having issues where any time you level up on the sheet the spells lose their save selection, changing from (fireball as example) DEX save to NONE, and don't work from the spells page, but still work form the attacks & spellcasting section on the core page. But they now output as asking for a strength save? I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Is this from a Fireball spell that was pulled from the Compendium?
Steve K. said: Koalakylie said: Has anyone else been having issues where any time you level up on the sheet the spells lose their save selection, changing from (fireball as example) DEX save to NONE, and don't work from the spells page, but still work form the attacks & spellcasting section on the core page. But they now output as asking for a strength save? I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Is this from a Fireball spell that was pulled from the Compendium? It happens if you multi-class when you level. The default spellcasting ability changes on the spell page.
Koalakylie said: Has anyone else been having issues where any time you level up on the sheet the spells lose their save selection, changing from (fireball as example) DEX save to NONE, and don't work from the spells page, but still work form the attacks & spellcasting section on the core page. But they now output as asking for a strength save? This happens to the players in my game with the Toll of the dead spell, not sure of the cause, since it wasn't consistently happening to both them at the same time.&nbsp; They seem to alternate on who's spell reset to none.&nbsp; I think we discovered that they were changing it under "attacks" on the core page without checking the spell page.&nbsp; Since they corrected it on the spells page I don't think there has been an issue.

Edited 1528293438
Would there be anyway to add the calculated value for Spells Known / or Spells Prepared to the Spells section of the character sheet? I'm thinking more while using the new Charactermancer. While creating a character, it properly lets you choose the correct number. But I think it's confusing for players, especially new players how spells known vs. prepared works for some classes like Cleric, Paladin, etc. Though the Charactermancer helps you properly choose the correct number of prepared spells, it's not obvious that this value changes over time, or that you can change the spells prepared each day for those classes. Does this happen often? Probably not. But I have my players always trying to remember this value, for which I've needed to create a macro that they can click which prints this number for them in chat. Listing it on the Spell page of the character sheet would help a lot. Another thing that may be worth considering with some of what I'm seeing with some of the changes happening with the Compendium, is the idea of linking back to the specific compendium page. This is something that another tool I use has, and it's really nice with say a potion of healing, to link to the compendium page for potion of healing from the inventory on the character tab.

Edited 1528462237
When adding a Global Damage Modifier that is not a dice roll, this value is being doubled on all crits. Critical strikes double all dice, and then add any additional modifiers as normal. I should note, this was specifically happening for the new sheet being used by the Charactermancer, which allowed for multiple Global Damage Modifiers.

Edited 1528321933
So randomly spells stop outputing their attack to the chat, just outputting an empty line: Toggling the PREP option seems to solve this for normal spells, but for cantrips it seems the only option is to delete them and add them again. Is this a known bug/has any solutions?
We recently got an Ioun Stone of Mastery in our game and realised there is no way to increase the proficiency score. Could that be implemented in the next update please.
Could we get re-sizable column widths? Specifically the middle column? I have so many attacks and items in inventory where their names are getting clipped. These often denote between Two-Handed, One-Handed, Ranged vs Melee, etc.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kono said: We recently got an Ioun Stone of Mastery in our game and realised there is no way to increase the proficiency score. Could that be implemented in the next update please. You can set a custom PB from the settings tab. "PROFICIENCY BONUS" to "Custom" and set the value you desire.