Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.1

Edited 1516334294
Are you clicking the +Add button in the Journal in the right-hand pane?
Roger C. said: Hey everyone, I am having issues even getting the character sheet to pull up in order to create one. Currently I am set as the GM for the campaign and have this sheet set to be the one that is used in the campaign but I cant seem to create one. I walked through the wiki and read the last few months of fourm posts and couldn't find any help. Go to the game setting and make sure you have a character sheet selected.

Edited 1516371553
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
@Roger C., if I understand what you are asking, here's what you need to do. Make sure you have the  Journal open (on the top right) Click the add button, then select character.  Here is a gif of what it looks like to do that. It should make a new character with a randomly generated name. Click "Save Changes". You should now be able to go to the character sheet and edit it. EDIT: Just saw Rabulias and Craven already answered this already
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but i wanted to suggest making a symbol on the spells sheet similar to the C for concentration, but a B for bonus action? That way players can quickly tell what action is used for each spell? Just a thought!
When a user-player enters a trailing space at the end of the character name on the sheet, this common mistake causes all sorts of havoc. For example, it can break the Attribute data entry on the sheet, and it also bugs many API & Macro calls. Because this error is difficult to detect (the trailing space is invisible), it can become a real bugger to troubleshoot. It would be really great if there's a way to address this problem, for example by setting the character sheet to delete or ignore trailing spaces in that field, or perhaps by presenting an info bubble to alert users about potential problems.

Edited 1516554693
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Thuzle said: I assumed equipping items on the OGL Sheet would remove their weight from the encumbrance, but it does not. Would it be possible to make it so the unequip toggle would remove it from the weight calculation? Items listed within the Equipment block are those which are stored on your character's person. "Equipped" items are those which are currently worn or wielded by your character, conferring any bonuses that are gained while those items are equipped (in fact, the Mods section only functions when the "Equipped" box is checked). The Treasure block on the Bio Page is better suited for recording items that are not usually on your character's person. Alternatively, the Simple inventory will not calculates weights automatically.
So, I am having a problem changing an NPC's base attributes for an already established monster. For instance, I wanted to give the bandit an intelligence of "6" but it would not let me drop it below "10", then I tried to increase the attribute and would not allow that. I tried to add the words, "passive perception" to the Senses section and it would allow me to do that either.  Are MM NPCs set in stone? Did I miss something?
Christopher, I would make sure that you are editing  a monster through it's character sheet, and not through its compendium entry. Make sure that you have clicked the cog wheel on the character sheet to access these stats.

Edited 1516732646
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Christopher Mythic said: So, I am having a problem changing an NPC's base attributes for an already established monster. For instance, I wanted to give the bandit an intelligence of "6" but it would not let me drop it below "10", then I tried to increase the attribute and would not allow that. I tried to add the words, "passive perception" to the Senses section and it would allow me to do that either.  Are MM NPCs set in stone? Did I miss something? I'm not seeing that issue. I drag in a monster from the MM. Open the gear toggle on the character sheet, set the Attribute INT to 6, it updates the NPC card correctly. Did you miss the line and update the SAVES and not the ATTRIBUTES?

Edited 1516737044
Steve K. said: Christopher Mythic said: So, I am having a problem changing an NPC's base attributes for an already established monster. For instance, I wanted to give the bandit an intelligence of "6" but it would not let me drop it below "10", then I tried to increase the attribute and would not allow that. I tried to add the words, "passive perception" to the Senses section and it would allow me to do that either.  Are MM NPCs set in stone? Did I miss something? I'm not seeing that issue. I drag in a monster from the MM. Open the gear toggle on the character sheet, set the Attribute INT to 6, it updates the NPC card correctly. Did you miss the line and update the SAVES and not the ATTRIBUTES? Not at all. It just won't let me change the numbers. Now I can change the numbers in the edit, but when I click the gear it does not change the stats. For example: I changed my skeleton's shortsword attack to do 1d6 damage, but it is still listing the damage as 1d6+2 in the stat block.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Christopher Mythic said: Not at all. It just won't let me change the numbers. Now I can change the numbers in the edit, but when I click the gear it does not change the stats. For example: I changed my skeleton's shortsword attack to do 1d6 damage, but it is still listing the damage as 1d6+2 in the stat block. Do you have an adblock currently installed? If so try white listing app.roll20.net because your adblock might be preventing the vitual table top's code from correctly running. If that doesn't help try loading the game in an incognito window with all addons and extensions turned off. If that still doesn't help can you provide the browser console log that pops up when you attempt to change the value on the character sheet?

Edited 1516744420
old character and npc data is just gone with no way to import now - the old transition import feature isnt there. setting things to basic instead of  ogl doesnt help either.  character stats flip from the old values to 10 and back but the stat bonuses are all 0. it worked fine a few months back.  (ive been on hiatus for 3-4 months now). not exactly happy lol
game backup?

Edited 1516854844
Okay, I'm going out of my mind. I'm trying to set up my monster manual for 5e, as shown in this video ( <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbqdkGIa00" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbqdkGIa00</a> ). I've managed to cobble together enough modifications to the code to get it to work with the latest version of the character sheet, BUT... NPC spells now appear in spellbook format instead of the easily manageable&nbsp;list that they used to appear as. I'd much rather they be a simple list for NPCs (I have no objections to the spell books for PCs). Is there a way that I can switch them back? By the same token, the spellbook format really plays havoc when trying to input innate spells per day and such. I end up with a drow that can cast a 2nd level spell (darkness) with no 2nd level spell slots, for example. It just really looks wonky and the old way was much simpler.
John G. said: Okay, I'm going out of my mind. I'm trying to set up my monster manual for 5e, as shown in this video ( <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbqdkGIa00" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbqdkGIa00</a> ). I've managed to cobble together enough modifications to the code to get it to work with the latest version of the character sheet, BUT... NPC spells now appear in spellbook format instead of the easily manageable&nbsp;list that they used to appear as. I'd much rather they be a simple list for NPCs (I have no objections to the spell books for PCs). Is there a way that I can switch them back? By the same token, the spellbook format really plays havoc when trying to input innate spells per day and such. I end up with a drow that can cast a 2nd level spell (darkness) with no 2nd level spell slots, for example. It just really looks wonky and the old way was much simpler. Don't believe so, it was an update to the OGL character sheet.
John G. said: Okay, I'm going out of my mind. I'm trying to set up my monster manual for 5e, as shown in this video ( <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbqdkGIa00" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbqdkGIa00</a> ). I've managed to cobble together enough modifications to the code to get it to work with the latest version of the character sheet, BUT... NPC spells now appear in spellbook format instead of the easily manageable&nbsp;list that they used to appear as. I'd much rather they be a simple list for NPCs (I have no objections to the spell books for PCs). Is there a way that I can switch them back? By the same token, the spellbook format really plays havoc when trying to input innate spells per day and such. I end up with a drow that can cast a 2nd level spell (darkness) with no 2nd level spell slots, for example. It just really looks wonky and the old way was much simpler. You cannot change the NPC spell format back to the way it was unfortunately, but you could create a macro for each spell type (innate vs normal) that prints the spells as a list. For example here is how I do this macro for spellcasters @{wtype} &{template:default}{{name=@{character_name} Spellcasting}} {{Spell Save DC @{spell_save_dc}=@{spell_attack_bonus} to hit with spell attacks}}{{Cantrips (at will) =[@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$2_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$2_spell) }}{{1st level (4 slots) =[@{repeating_spell-1_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spell) }}{{2nd level (3 slots) =[@{repeating_spell-2_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-2_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-2_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-2_$1_spell) }} If you still don't like the spell levels being shown in the macro (I do), you could simply use @{wtype} &{template:default}{{name=@{character_name} Spellcasting}} {{Spell Save DC @{spell_save_dc}=@{spell_attack_bonus} to hit with spell attacks}}{{Spells =[@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spell) [@{repeating_spell-cantrip_$2_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$2_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-1_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spell) [@{repeating_spell-2_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-2_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-2_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-2_$1_spell) }} I also like having direct access to the spell save DC for the NPC so that I do not have to look it up on the sheet.
You could go pro and create a awesome macro to use with your NPC like this one that uses Power Cards
I am having problems dragging Class Features (namely Divine Sense/Smite) from the compendium onto the OGL character sheet. I have compendium compatibility enabled, and it works for things like Darkvision but not this. What am I doing wrong?
Currently this section does not support compendium capability but the groundwork has been set for when the compendium functionality has been updated. I am surprised to find that you were able to drag darkvision from the compendium though. That bodes well for more to come. :)
Hey thanks for the quick response man, I appreciate it. Saved me a lot of googling! Hopefully soon then :)
When I go to roll any kind of skill attack or anything that requires a die roll, I get some version of this: This is a character that I exported from one game and imported into another. I have tried several solutions but none worked.
And when I try to cast a spell I get something like this:
Hello! I hope I'm writing in the right place! Could you make it so that we can share in the chat log our Personality traits, Bonds, Flaws etc simply by clicking on them? It would make it easier to tell the guys when you are actually rp-ing a specific aspect of your PC (and the DM might grant inspiration!).
Brian D. said: And when I try to cast a spell I get something like this: I have had this happen before and I removed the spell and added from the compendium again. Matter of fact it just happen to my PC Cleric last night with cure wounds.
Kyle G. said: John G. said: Okay, I'm going out of my mind. I'm trying to set up my monster manual for 5e, as shown in this video ( <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbqdkGIa00" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbqdkGIa00</a> ). I've managed to cobble together enough modifications to the code to get it to work with the latest version of the character sheet, BUT... NPC spells now appear in spellbook format instead of the easily manageable&nbsp;list that they used to appear as. I'd much rather they be a simple list for NPCs (I have no objections to the spell books for PCs). Is there a way that I can switch them back? By the same token, the spellbook format really plays havoc when trying to input innate spells per day and such. I end up with a drow that can cast a 2nd level spell (darkness) with no 2nd level spell slots, for example. It just really looks wonky and the old way was much simpler. You cannot change the NPC spell format back to the way it was unfortunately, but you could create a macro for each spell type (innate vs normal) that prints the spells as a list. For example here is how I do this macro for spellcasters [deleted code for brevity] I also like having direct access to the spell save DC for the NPC so that I do not have to look it up on the sheet. Thanks, Kyle. I ended up using your macros. Had to play with it a little, but I got it working.
Craven said: You could go pro and create a awesome macro to use with your NPC like this one that uses Power Cards Okay, I give. How'd you manage this, and can you click on and bring up individual spells?
Is there any method for having the sheet allow you to functionally multiclass in greater than four classes? My friends and I occasionally come up with wild concepts involving things like this, and I was wondering if there was a way to see it in action.
John G. said: Craven said: You could go pro and create a awesome macro to use with your NPC like this one that uses Power Cards Okay, I give. How'd you manage this, and can you click on and bring up individual spells? There is a post here on how to do this <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5724325/power-c" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5724325/power-c</a>... Yes when I click on the text it cast the spell and show to chat just like using it off the sheet. How I have sub some of the spell with my powercard version of the spell. Your spell book will have pink buttons unless you do what I have done and use stylus addon for you browser and add the code below. It changes the pink buttons into just text and the text turn white when you hover over it. Thanks to The Aaron for that little tip. This only displays on your computer. If your player want the same they need to get the addon and add the code. .textchatcontainer a[href^="!"], .textchatcontainer a[href^="~"] { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; background-color: transparent; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; padding: 2px 2px; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; padding: inherit; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; color: Black; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; font-size: 24; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; display: inline; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; border: 0; } .textchatcontainer a[href^="!"]:hover, .textchatcontainer a[href^="~"]:hover { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; background-color: transparent; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; color: White; } Don't forget you need a pro subscription and the API Powercards.
Hello, I have already made a post about this but so far I have received no answer, I have a problem with the token actions in the character sheet where the action order gets randomly shuffled when I have more than 10 actions showing on the top left of the screen. Is there a possibility of that being fixed in a future update?
Samsok said: Hello, I have already made a post about this but so far I have received no answer, I have a problem with the token actions in the character sheet where the action order gets randomly shuffled when I have more than 10 actions showing on the top left of the screen. Is there a possibility of that being fixed in a future update? This isn't really specific to the 5e OGL character sheet, but I responded in your original post.

Edited 1517424285
Samsok said: Hello, I have already made a post about this but so far I have received no answer, I have a problem with the token actions in the character sheet where the action order gets randomly shuffled when I have more than 10 actions showing on the top left of the screen. Is there a possibility of that being fixed in a future update? Ya this is not a sheet issue. I have way more then 10 action and no problem.
Okay, Craven. Now what am I doing wrong? I've downloaded the API for the power cards, I'm a Pro user, I'm using the OGL sheet, and I have copied and pasted (then modified to remove extra spells) your macro, but all I get is a green box saying "undefined." Is there something else I need that I don't know about?
John G. said: Okay, Craven. Now what am I doing wrong? I've downloaded the API for the power cards, I'm a Pro user, I'm using the OGL sheet, and I have copied and pasted (then modified to remove extra spells) your macro, but all I get is a green box saying "undefined." Is there something else I need that I don't know about? Screenshot of the error?
Here is the code that I am using: !power {{ --emote|** @{selected|token_name} takes out a druidic focus ** --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --titlebackground|none --titlefontshadow|none --whisper|@{selected|character_name} --corners|10 --format|atwill --name|^^Spell Book --leftsub|@{selected|character_name} --rightsub|Level @{selected|level} @{selected|class}^^ ^^ --**Spell Save DC**| [[ 8 + [[@{selected|pb}]]+ @{selected|wisdom_mod}]] ^^**Spell Attack Bonus** [[ [[@{selected|pb}]] + @{selected|wisdom_mod} ]] --Amount of Prepared Spells:| [[@{selected|wisdom_mod} + @{Selected|Level} ]] ^^^^ ~C ** Available Spells ** ~C **Level 1 :** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_expended}]]^^ --Cantrips:| ^^[@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spell) ^^[@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spell) ^^[@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$2_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$2_spell) --Level 1:| --?? @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellprepared} == 1 ?? !spell-1_$0| [@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellname}] }} And a screenshot of what happens:
John G. said: Here is the code that I am using: !power {{ --emote|** @{selected|token_name} takes out a druidic focus ** --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --titlebackground|none --titlefontshadow|none --whisper|@{selected|character_name} --corners|10 --format|atwill --name|^^Spell Book --leftsub|@{selected|character_name} --rightsub|Level @{selected|level} @{selected|class}^^ ^^ --**Spell Save DC**| [[ 8 + [[@{selected|pb}]]+ @{selected|wisdom_mod}]] ^^**Spell Attack Bonus** [[ [[@{selected|pb}]] + @{selected|wisdom_mod} ]] --Amount of Prepared Spells:| [[@{selected|wisdom_mod} + @{Selected|Level} ]] ^^^^ ~C ** Available Spells ** ~C **Level 1 :** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_expended}]]^^ --Cantrips:| ^^[@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spell) ^^[@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spell) ^^[@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$2_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$2_spell) --Level 1:| --?? @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellprepared} == 1 ?? !spell-1_$0| [@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellname}] }} And a screenshot of what happens: Remove ^^ from the name see what happens, add --whisper|@{selected|character_name},GM then when you have it working and don't need to see it remove the ,GM
No joy, I fear. Do you mean&nbsp;to remove the ^^ from everywhere, perhaps?
John G. said: No joy, I fear. Do you mean&nbsp;to remove the ^^ from everywhere, perhaps? no, try this see what happens. Remember to click on the token with the spells to cast.&nbsp; !power {{ --emote|** @{selected|token_name} Take’s out a Holy Symbol ** --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --titlebackground|none --titlefontshadow|none --corners|10 --format|atwill --name|Spell Book --leftsub|@{selected|character_name} --rightsub|Level @{selected|level} @{selected|class}^^ ^^ --**Spell Save DC**| [[ 8 + [[@{selected|pb}]]+ @{selected|wisdom_mod}]] ^^**Spell Attack Bonus** [[ [[@{selected|pb}]]&nbsp;&nbsp;+ @{selected|wisdom_mod} ]] --Amount of Prepared Spells:| [[@{selected|wisdom_mod} + @{Selected|Level} ]] ^^^^ ~C ** Available Spells ** ~C&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; **Level 1 :** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_expended}]]^^ **Level 2 :** [[@{selected|lvl2_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl2_slots_expended}]]^^ **Level 3** : [[@{selected|lvl3_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl3_slots_expended}]]^^ **Level 4** : [[@{selected|lvl4_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl4_slots_expended}]] --Cantrips:| ^^[@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spell) ^^[@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spell) }}
Same result.
Hey, couple of quick questions. 1. What does OGL stand for? 2. Is there a way to show the ability scores as the big numbers in the boxes, and the modifiers as the little ones in the bubbles? 3. What do "Cantrip Dice Progression" and "Cantrip Beam Progression" mean/do? Thank you. :)
SIR KOSER said: Hey, couple of quick questions. 1. What does OGL stand for? 2. Is there a way to show the ability scores as the big numbers in the boxes, and the modifiers as the little ones in the bubbles? 3. What do "Cantrip Dice Progression" and "Cantrip Beam Progression" mean/do? Thank you. :) 1. Open Gaming License 2. Not without upgrading to PRO and fiddling with a custom version of the character sheet 3. Beam progression is specifically for Eldritch Blast. As a spellcaster levels up, their cantrips become more powerful. Typically this means that the cantrip does more damage. But in the case of Eldritch blast this becomes multiple beams which can then attack separate targets or the same target. So the character sheet accounts for this by rolling separate attacks for each beam. Hence the need to be able to distinguish between these types of damage progression.
John G. said: Same result. IF you want send me a private message and an invite to your game. I will take a look.
Craven said: John G. said: Same result. IF you want send me a private message and an invite to your game. I will take a look. Done, and thank you so very much for your&nbsp;time and effort.
Is it possible to add attributes to the attribute options on the setting page instead of flat values? Say I wanted to add int to initiative for a war mage. @{intelligence_mod} seems to return 0 or null.&nbsp;
John G. said: Craven said: John G. said: Same result. IF you want send me a private message and an invite to your game. I will take a look. Done, and thank you so very much for your&nbsp;time and effort. Resolved, Have fun
I can't seem to toggle the memorized spells. When I drag them from the compendium they already have the red dot and it will not toggle off. When I click the dot it just casts the spell. Also, I can not seem to rearrange them even with the little padlock open. What am I doing wrong?
In order to change the prepared status for the spell (the red dot) you need t open the options for the spell and click on the prepared checkbox. This is the same approach as change an item's equipped status. For the rearranging of spells, I would check if you are using a popped out character sheet. I believe that all dragging functionality (dragging from the compendium, dragging a button to the macro bar, and rearranging of repeating sections such as items or spell) is disabled when the character sheet is popped out.
Craven helped solve my problem and it all worked nicely for a while, but now neither the spellbooks nor the initiative cards work. I did make some minor modifications to the spellbook macro, but all I did was copy the initiative macro. Is there a way that these can work where I can actually make adjustments to make them usable, rather than "don't ever touch them again"?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Mend said: Is it possible to add attributes to the attribute options on the setting page instead of flat values? Say I wanted to add int to initiative for a war mage. @{intelligence_mod} seems to return 0 or null.&nbsp; Not at this time, no. That field gets passed on to a sheet worker that calculates the final initiative bonus and updates it on the CORE page. It doesn't just tack it on to the end of a formula, so the attribute reference doesn't translate for it in this iteration of the design.