Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.1

Craven said: Charles H. said: I'm new to this character sheet and trying to set up a game with it. It's not clear to me what can  be dragged and dropped. Some things clearly work as expected (spells and items for instance) and others don't (racial traits, for example) while still giving the "updating from SRD" message. Is there a simple list of what can and cannot be dragged and dropped? Thanks Simple list is Items and spells. Okay, thanks.

Edited 1510505185
ri_kreiner
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Hi all.  I think a player of mine has found an error with the multi-classing thing.  Right now, they are a total level 4 player.  3 levels Paladin, 1 level Cleric.  This should mean that they have only 3 1st level spellslots, but the character sheet gives them 4 1st level slots and 2 2nd level slots.  This would happen if the 1/2 paladin levels were rounded up instead of down like is supposed to happen.
Craven said: Attn: Devs Bug found. Passive perception not calculating correctly. Any character created before the v2.0 character sheet has a PP of 10. This was fixed by unchecking and checking perception again or if they didn't have perception checking it and unchecking it also works. Just want to give a heads up just in-case. It might affect modules you have created for roll20 with PC and NPC. Yep, been having the same issue in my campaign.
Hi, relatively new to Roll20, so please forgive the naivete. I too cannot get the resort "hamburger" to move anything around, no matter what I try, and it may be because my character sheet is popped out from Roll20. How do I get it to not pop out? Thanks in advance!
Calibos said: Hi, relatively new to Roll20, so please forgive the naivete. I too cannot get the resort "hamburger" to move anything around, no matter what I try, and it may be because my character sheet is popped out from Roll20. How do I get it to not pop out? Thanks in advance! If you close the character sheet window and then reopen the character from the journal tab, you should no longer have the character sheet being popped out.
Kyle G. said: Calibos said: Hi, relatively new to Roll20, so please forgive the naivete. I too cannot get the resort "hamburger" to move anything around, no matter what I try, and it may be because my character sheet is popped out from Roll20. How do I get it to not pop out? Thanks in advance! If you close the character sheet window and then reopen the character from the journal tab, you should no longer have the character sheet being popped out. When I left click on the character in the journal tab, it always seems to open popped out. Am I opening it wrong or something?
Calibos said: Kyle G. said: Calibos said: Hi, relatively new to Roll20, so please forgive the naivete. I too cannot get the resort "hamburger" to move anything around, no matter what I try, and it may be because my character sheet is popped out from Roll20. How do I get it to not pop out? Thanks in advance! If you close the character sheet window and then reopen the character from the journal tab, you should no longer have the character sheet being popped out. When I left click on the character in the journal tab, it always seems to open popped out. Am I opening it wrong or something?
Calibos said: Kyle G. said: Calibos said: Hi, relatively new to Roll20, so please forgive the naivete. I too cannot get the resort "hamburger" to move anything around, no matter what I try, and it may be because my character sheet is popped out from Roll20. How do I get it to not pop out? Thanks in advance! If you close the character sheet window and then reopen the character from the journal tab, you should no longer have the character sheet being popped out. When I left click on the character in the journal tab, it always seems to open popped out. Am I opening it wrong or something? RESOLVED: I figured this out. I just needed to set the general setting in roll20 to not pop my character sheet out and it works now. Thank you all for your help!
I am unable to update the Default Sheet Settings when using Firefox; when I hit "Save Changes" the settings revert back to what they were before. It works on other browsers, and I've no idea as to why other than that Firefox ended their Java support. Is there anything I can do to be able to update it without having to back-and-forth between browsers?

Edited 1510676803
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Lori said: I am unable to update the Default Sheet Settings when using Firefox; when I hit "Save Changes" the settings revert back to what they were before. It works on other browsers, and I've no idea as to why other than that Firefox ended their Java support. Is there anything I can do to be able to update it without having to back-and-forth between browsers? Is it possible you have an addon or extension installed in Firefox that is interrupting normal function, that you don't have installed in other browsers?
Steve K. said: Lori said: I am unable to update the Default Sheet Settings when using Firefox; when I hit "Save Changes" the settings revert back to what they were before. It works on other browsers, and I've no idea as to why other than that Firefox ended their Java support. Is there anything I can do to be able to update it without having to back-and-forth between browsers? Is it possible you have an addon or extension installed in Firefox that is interrupting normal function, that you don't have installed in other browsers? I have the exact same problem as Lori, I've actually had it for multiple versions of the OGL sheet, I always just assumed the sheet was bugged, but reading posts on here I guess not. I never even thought add-ons might interfere or considered trying it in a different browser. So I started disabling my add-ons one-by-one and trying to save changes to the game setting, nothing made any difference until I disabled an addon called "Disable F12 Shortcut", at which point, I saved and the NPC setting (the only setting I was toggling for this process) stayed on, but then I tried doing it again and was unable to save any settings again, I couldn't even turn the NPC setting back off. I finally tried just booting up Firefox in safe mode so that everything would be disabled and see if that made a difference, it didn't, still unable to save any changed. In the end I just launched Chrome to see if that actually made a difference. It did. I can save the settings willy-nilly in Chrome. I may not be a fancy schmancy sheet author, but my diagnosis for this situation is "weird".
Steve K. said: Lori said: I am unable to update the Default Sheet Settings when using Firefox; when I hit "Save Changes" the settings revert back to what they were before. It works on other browsers, and I've no idea as to why other than that Firefox ended their Java support. Is there anything I can do to be able to update it without having to back-and-forth between browsers? Is it possible you have an addon or extension installed in Firefox that is interrupting normal function, that you don't have installed in other browsers? That was the first thing I tried; even with all of my plugins disabled, I am unable to save any changes.
Lori said: Steve K. said: Lori said: I am unable to update the Default Sheet Settings when using Firefox; when I hit "Save Changes" the settings revert back to what they were before. It works on other browsers, and I've no idea as to why other than that Firefox ended their Java support. Is there anything I can do to be able to update it without having to back-and-forth between browsers? Is it possible you have an addon or extension installed in Firefox that is interrupting normal function, that you don't have installed in other browsers? That was the first thing I tried; even with all of my plugins disabled, I am unable to save any changes. Try disabling you anti-virus a lot of them now have browser protection. Just as a test.
Is there a way to add the functionality to click on an attack from an NPC, and then click on a target token to compare AC of that token with the attack? I know it can be easily done with the native roll20 API, but so far trying to do it with this is just giving me a headache. 
Justin S.  There are some good tips of how to do this in the creating macros section on the Wiki along with the section for /fx effects for selecting targets and starting tokens to get values.
Craven said: Try disabling you anti-virus a lot of them now have browser protection. Just as a test. Disabling my antivirus does nothing.
Lori said: Craven said: Try disabling you anti-virus a lot of them now have browser protection. Just as a test. Disabling my antivirus does nothing. Same. Disabled Avast, ran Firefox in safe mode. Game settings still revert when I click save.
The inability to save game settings is also affecting me, and has been for several weeks. It's not that I can't work around it, but it'd save me a lot of clicking around. I'm unable to change settings on either one of my campaigns: the hodgepodge one I set up before Tyranny of Dragons came out, and the one I set up for using those adventures. In fact, it seems like the default settings from the Tyranny of Dragons content were copied onto my older campaign. (Or, at least, all the settings between the two seem to be identical.)
Not sure if it's a but or not implemented yet, but does the Rogue's Reliable Talent works in this version of the sheet?
Calliban said: Not sure if it's a but or not implemented yet, but does the Rogue's Reliable Talent works in this version of the sheet? No, it has not yet been implemented
New version of Firefox out, Firefox Quantum, please try game setting in the new version.
I use macros to display almost all character attributes without having to open each individual character sheet.  I'm trying to incorporate the upgraded Features & Traits section into my macros. Looking at the sheet's HTML, I got as far as repeating_traits_$0_name, source, and description.  How can I invoke the trait directly as if I was clicking the baloon icon on the sheet? repeating_traits_$0_trait doesn't work.  For reference, I can invoke spells with repeating_spell-1_$0_spell. Thanks!
@dmForLife - repeating_traits_$*_output is the roll button associate with the traits, where * of course is 0, 1, 2, etc... 

Edited 1511238776
@dmForLife This works for me as a macro for the "first" trait, then add it again, and change the "0" to "1" for the next trait, this is for NPC however: &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_desc}}}
Thanks Kevin and Terrelle.  _output works perfectly.  Character attribute macro below for others to use (add more traits as necessary): @{wtype} &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Traits}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{description=[@{repeating_traits_$0_name}](~@{character_name}|repeating_traits_$0_output) [@{repeating_traits_$1_name}](~@{character_name}|repeating_traits_$1_output) }}
In a conversation  here , it has come to my attention that the global skill modifier does not affect base stat (strength, dexterity, ...) rolls. @Steve K. Is is possible for you to allow the global skills modifier to affect these rolls like Jack of All Trades does? Also could you add another item modifier, possibly 'Ability Checks', that affects all ability checks similar to how the modifier 'Saving Throws' affects all saving throws? Thank you.
Could someone who is experiencing the game settings save bug post a copy of your console log? (Instructions  here ). This will help us figure out what's going wrong so we can start working on a fix.

Edited 1511286020
Nathanael W. said: Could someone who is experiencing the game settings save bug post a copy of your console log? (Instructions&nbsp; here ). This will help us figure out what's going wrong so we can start working on a fix. Mine is working sort of you have to change it and save it twice for it to take effect. I change the encumbrance from off to Variant, saved, refreshed the page and it was still off, repeat the process and it saved. Here is the log. If you need anything else let me know. Using Firefox Quantum ver 57.0 and Mac OSX 10.1.6 getRecipes: falling back to a synchronous message for: " <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> " LoginRecipes.jsm:244 unreachable code after return statement browse.js:655:3 window.controllers/Controllers is deprecated. Do not use it for UA detection. ace.js:1:18446 Update preview! 2039725:1755 updated preview! 2039725:1899 unreachable code after return statement browse.js:655:3 window.controllers/Controllers is deprecated. Do not use it for UA detection. ace.js:1:18446 Update preview! 2039725:1755 updated preview! 2039725:1899 unreachable code after return statement browse.js:655:3 window.controllers/Controllers is deprecated. Do not use it for UA detection. ace.js:1:18446 Update preview! 2039725:1755 updated preview! 2039725:1899&nbsp;

Edited 1511317184
Is anyone else having the issue of 1/2 and 1/3 caster levels rounding up instead of down (for calculating multiclass spell slots) since the update?
ri_kreiner
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Ross H. said: Is anyone else having the issue of 1/2 and 1/3 caster levels rounding up instead of down (for calculating multiclass spell slots) since the update? I posted it here days ago, but it seems to have been overlooked or ignored.&nbsp; We had a fight between a DM and a player because of it.&nbsp;
Here's my Firefox game setting save (fails to save settings) unreachable code after return statement [Learn More] browse.js:655:3 window.controllers/Controllers is deprecated. Do not use it for UA detection. ace.js:1:18446 Update preview! 1688583:1755:2 updated preview!
For whatever reason, editing any token will autofill bar 3 with information, making it unusable.&nbsp; I use Firefox and this is a huge problem.&nbsp; Please see if you can find a solution.
Jebediah S. said: For whatever reason, editing any token will autofill bar 3 with information, making it unusable.&nbsp; I use Firefox and this is a huge problem.&nbsp; Please see if you can find a solution. Can you give a bit more information? You didn't really provide any helpful information apart from your browser. What is being input into bar 3? Is it random data, is it the same data each time, or is it something from the character sheet? Does this same problem happen in Chrome or Firefox Quantum?
ri_kreiner said: Ross H. said: Is anyone else having the issue of 1/2 and 1/3 caster levels rounding up instead of down (for calculating multiclass spell slots) since the update? I posted it here days ago, but it seems to have been overlooked or ignored.&nbsp; We had a fight between a DM and a player because of it.&nbsp; Thanks (and glad I have not been missing something). Hopefully, the player in my game won't have an issue.
Is there a way to hide Spell Ranks that an NPC does not have access to? For example, the Magma Mephit has one at will level 2 spell. I don't really need to see Cantrips, and levels 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9. Also, I am running into issues when I try to show description on spells that are Innate often times getting the following. SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "@" found.
Jeremy R. said: Is there a way to hide Spell Ranks that an NPC does not have access to? For example, the Magma Mephit has one at will level 2 spell. I don't really need to see Cantrips, and levels 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9. Also, I am running into issues when I try to show description on spells that are Innate often times getting the following. SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "@" found. If you turn on Spell casting NPC it turns on all the slots.
Maybe I said that wrong. I want to turn the unused ranks off.
Is there a way to hide the Innate Spellcasting from players? I don't really want them to know that I can only cast a spell 1/Day vs. 3/Day.
@Jeremy R. How would they know? I use spell casters all the time in my games. There is nothing that tells the players how much a mook/monster/enemy can use a spell per day or how many times.
Because it puts it right in the text
Hi everyone, I was wondering, if there is a spell on a character sheet can you view it (to read it) before you roll? Or is the only way to click the cog next to it to see it? I guess this is a more general question so I am sorry if it should be somwhere else
I have started a Roll20 campaign using the 5th ed sheet for my players last week. This week they leveled from 1 to 2. My wizard player said that when he levelled up on the sheet, it lost all of his spells? What are we doing wrong ? :-) Thanks
STEVE, you are doing an AMAZING JOB! i love it all!&nbsp;&nbsp; What i'm looking for especially for spell casters, pertaining to the sheet.&nbsp; When ever you multi-class (Say if you're a cleric and you multi-class into a Wizard), there is still no option or addition when you cast your spell as a wizard (if your core class is cleric)&nbsp; &nbsp;even though there's the core spellcasting attribute thats centered on your core class (Wisdom in this instance)&nbsp; So when i wanna add in spells and cast them as my wizard (Int), how can i differentiate between the two?&nbsp;
Can you link a resource to an attack? I'd like my Sling Bullets to auto-update after a Sling attack...
Jeremy R. said: Because it puts it right in the text I think if you go into the spell itself, you can edit that out. At least when i set up my monsters, i can edit it from the spell on the npc's sheet.
Terrelle S. said: Jeremy R. said: Because it puts it right in the text I think if you go into the spell itself, you can edit that out. At least when i set up my monsters, i can edit it from the spell on the npc's sheet. That's not really what I'm asking. I would still like to see the number on the character sheet, but not output it to chat (even though I make all attack and damage rolls public with my group. I would like to have the Innate value filled in, but not displayed in output. Similar to how you can choose to not show the NPC name in the output.

Edited 1511706957
Storm said: Can you link a resource to an attack? I'd like my Sling Bullets to auto-update after a Sling attack... If you have a pro account, you can do this with the 5e OGL worker API. It also works for things like spells slots, etc.
Jeremy R. said: Terrelle S. said: Jeremy R. said: Because it puts it right in the text I think if you go into the spell itself, you can edit that out. At least when i set up my monsters, i can edit it from the spell on the npc's sheet. That's not really what I'm asking. I would still like to see the number on the character sheet, but not output it to chat (even though I make all attack and damage rolls public with my group. I would like to have the Innate value filled in, but not displayed in output. Similar to how you can choose to not show the NPC name in the output. Yeah, not sure you can without some API script magic.
Ondra said: Hi everyone, I was wondering, if there is a spell on a character sheet can you view it (to read it) before you roll? Or is the only way to click the cog next to it to see it? I guess this is a more general question so I am sorry if it should be somwhere else You can search the compendium for the spell and click on it or Yes, but you will need to create macros and have a pro account for my method. Here is the macro for the spell Card ( that what i call them ) &{template:spell} {{level=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellschool} @{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spelllevel}}} {{name=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellname}}} {{castingtime=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellcastingtime} }} {{range=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellrange} }} {{target=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spelltarget} }}@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellcomp_v}@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellcomp_s}@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellcomp_m}{{material=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellcomp_materials} }} {{duration=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellduration} }}{{description=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spelldescription} }} {{athigherlevels=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellathigherlevels} }}@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellritual}@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellconcentration}{{charname=charname}} and for spells &{template:spell} {{level=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellschool} @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelllevel}}} {{name=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellname}}} {{castingtime=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellcastingtime} }} {{range=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellrange} }} {{target=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelltarget} }}@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellcomp_v}@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellcomp_s}@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellcomp_m}{{material=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellcomp_materials} }} {{duration=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellduration} }}{{description=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelldescription} }} {{athigherlevels=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellathigherlevels} }}@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellritual}@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellconcentration}{{charname=charname}} and i made a powercard macro to call a list of the spells this macro has HTML code that will process if i post it here so you would need to send me a private message and I can send you the code but you also need a Pro account and Powercards API.