Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.1

Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Desecrator 7 said: Is there a place that shows a list of suggestions for the 5e OGL sheet? Does that list also show upcoming features/suggestions that are currently being worked on for future improvements? What is in the works for the "Bio" section?  I would like to see the "Allies & Organizations", "Additional Features & Traits", and "Treasures" get the same ability as the "Features & Traits" on the core page. With the added addition of being able to tag them with a long/short rest tag and a used/unused tag, which could then be used in the companion script or any script to reset those items with a !longrest/!shortrest function. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Edit: or if it's already been suggested. 1) Outside of this thread and the legal pad next to my desk, no. 2) Not outside what I've promised here. 3) I don't have any active plans of changing/updating the Bio tab. If a trait is a resource, it should get added to the resources section and tracked there.
Steve K. said: Desecrator 7 said: Is there a place that shows a list of suggestions for the 5e OGL sheet? Does that list also show upcoming features/suggestions that are currently being worked on for future improvements? What is in the works for the "Bio" section?  I would like to see the "Allies & Organizations", "Additional Features & Traits", and "Treasures" get the same ability as the "Features & Traits" on the core page. With the added addition of being able to tag them with a long/short rest tag and a used/unused tag, which could then be used in the companion script or any script to reset those items with a !longrest/!shortrest function. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Edit: or if it's already been suggested. 1) Outside of this thread and the legal pad next to my desk, no. 2) Not outside what I've promised here. 3) I don't have any active plans of changing/updating the Bio tab. If a trait is a resource, it should get added to the resources section and tracked there. Is there a way to tag resources as long or short rest resource to distinguish between other resources such as ammo or say a story resource such as madness or corruption, in an effort to create a long/short rest script easily?  I think currently now I would have to add long/short to the names of the resources and then use the script to filter the resources which could be done, but would put some long resource names into the tiny blocks.
Desecrator 7 said: Is there a way to tag resources as long or short rest resource to distinguish between other resources such as ammo or say a story resource such as madness or corruption, in an effort to create a long/short rest script easily?  I think currently now I would have to add long/short to the names of the resources and then use the script to filter the resources which could be done, but would put some long resource names into the tiny blocks. I do this with an attribute (long_rest_resources and short_rest_resources) that is a comma-separated list. However since the update in v2.0 I have been thinking about changing it to use a custom Feature (Long Rest Resources and Short Rest Resources) similar to my Attuned Items Feature I posted about previously.  For both of these approaches it would just be text parsing. If a resource comes back in a variable amount, for example a wand of magic missiles recharges 1d6+1, simply put the equation in a parentheses with the resource.
Kyle G. said: Desecrator 7 said: Is there a way to tag resources as long or short rest resource to distinguish between other resources such as ammo or say a story resource such as madness or corruption, in an effort to create a long/short rest script easily?  I think currently now I would have to add long/short to the names of the resources and then use the script to filter the resources which could be done, but would put some long resource names into the tiny blocks. I do this with an attribute (long_rest_resources and short_rest_resources) that is a comma-separated list. However since the update in v2.0 I have been thinking about changing it to use a custom Feature (Long Rest Resources and Short Rest Resources) similar to my Attuned Items Feature I posted about previously.  For both of these approaches it would just be text parsing. If a resource comes back in a variable amount, for example a wand of magic missiles recharges 1d6+1, simply put the equation in a parentheses with the resource. Ah, thanks for the tip.
Hi, is there currently any way to add your Proficiency Bonus to the global AC modifier? I'm tinkering with the ranger's beast companion, trying to find a way for the sheet to automaticly add and update the PB instead of changing it manually. I've tried with @{pb} and @{character_name|pb}, but neither option works. Any way to make this work?
Not currently, but what you can do is is give the companion an item (call it unarmored defense), and set the MODS field of the item to ac +X where X is the proficiency modifier for the companion. Unfortunately you would need to update this field whenever the proficiency bonus changes, but it's a step in that direction.
I'm experiencing a bug with this sheet in one of the games I'm a player in. The non-SRD spells my character has, which I had to input into the sheet manually, don't work. No spellcard when I click on them, no prompts, just a slight budge of the chat window as it posts nothing. The SRD spells work just fine. My character in a different game I'm in does not have this bug.
@Matrix, it sounds like you have a corrupted chat. Trying clearing the chat archive from the Game Settings (outside of the VTT).
Im having a problem with the sheet. Every time I input a value for Strength or Dex or any of them it won't take it. It keeps it at a 10 unless I hover over it then it shows the number I input, its also not taking any drag and drop items when I try to pull them over. Its doing this in a game I'm in but only to my sheet, everyone ells's are working fine, and I opened up a new game to try it out and its doing it on there to me as well.
@wes c. Safari is not a supported browser by Roll20. Try using Firefox or Google Chrome (I see you have both already) instead. If you see the same issue in those, please report the issue here again.
I just tried with chrome and fire fox and same thing still
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
wes c. said: I just tried with chrome and fire fox and same thing still Do you have some magic items included in the items section by chance, that could be setting the attributes? Do you have an Adblocking software that could be interupting Roll20 from working?
I didn't add any magic items and when I tried straight from a blank sheet the second time I didn't have any items put in at all. I'll have to double check the adblocking software but I haven't updated my computer or downloaded any since the last time it worked, but Ill check that and see if that fixes it.
fenrhir
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Hi Steve K. and fellow contributors :) I've noticed that some parts of API/templates outputs are not integrated in the translation json and thus still appears in English in localized games. It would be great if you could take the time to perform a check.  I've noticed these: - spell school in the spell card; - the ability name which is displayed under the DD in the attack spell card. Best regards from my players and me - I've even convinced a friend to use roll20 after he tested the OGL sheet thanks to your work ;)
How do I increase the threat range of an NPC? I currently have an NPC that increases its critical threat range to 18+ instead of on a natural 20.

Edited 1520863315
Jeremy R. said: How do I increase the threat range of an NPC? I currently have an NPC that increases its critical threat range to 18+ instead of on a natural 20. The closest you can get would be to change the NPC to a PC, set the CORE DIE ROLL to d20cs18, and then change it back to an NPC character sheet. However, this will then impact other rolls like saving throws or ability checks, but if you don't use crits outside of combat that's not too terrible.

Edited 1520865307
Kyle G. said: Jeremy R. said: How do I increase the threat range of an NPC? I currently have an NPC that increases its critical threat range to 18+ instead of on a natural 20. The closest you can get would be to change the NPC to a PC, set the CORE DIE ROLL to d20cs18, and then change it back to an NPC character sheet. However, this will then impact other rolls like saving throws or ability checks, but if you don't use crits outside of combat that's not too terrible. This doesn't seem to work. This NPC is +7 to hit, so my target for a crit would be 25. I've attached an image showing that it rolled d20cs18. Edit: looks like I need to add greater than symbol. 1d20cs>18
Jeremy R. said: Edit: looks like I need to add greater than symbol. 1d20cs>18 Sorry about that. I'm used to just setting the number like on the PC attacks.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
fenrhir said: I've noticed these: - spell school in the spell card; - the ability name which is displayed under the DD in the attack spell card. Thanks for pointing these out. We'll get them escalated and fixed.

Edited 1521061088
I am new to the OLG template, and when I loaded it up the images are broken on the sheet. How can I fix this ? Also is there a button for Long/Short Rest? My group I play with is coming off of a sheet that has this and has been a really nice feature, so I am hoping there is something I can do for this new sheet so they don't have to adjust too much. Thanks in advance! Edit: I figured out the broken images - that was network issue. Resolved that - still curious about long/short rest automation though.

Edited 1521159041
The Stone of Good Luck does not seem to applying to ability checks, including inititiave checks. Though it does work for Save Checks.  Also, how does one add the Song of Rest benefits to the Hit Dice rolls?
Any chance of having the classes that know all their spells by default have their spells added by default to the sheet when selecting the class?
Chapunicus said: I am new to the OLG template, and when I loaded it up the images are broken on the sheet. How can I fix this ? Also is there a button for Long/Short Rest? My group I play with is coming off of a sheet that has this and has been a really nice feature, so I am hoping there is something I can do for this new sheet so they don't have to adjust too much. Thanks in advance! Edit: I figured out the broken images - that was network issue. Resolved that - still curious about long/short rest automation though. for long rest you need the API of 5e OGL that requires a Pro sub. If you go pro you can use !longrest @{Selected|character_name} If you go Pro you can use Power Cards API and do things like Power card macro !power {{ --emote|** @{selected|token_name} Is Rested ** --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --titlefontshadow|none --format|atwill --corners|10 --name| ** Long rest --leftsub|@{selected|character_name} --rightsub| Manages a long reset --Longrest:| At the end of a long rest, a character regains all lost hit points. The character also regains spent Hit Dice, up to a number of dice equal to half of the character’s total number of them (minimum of one die). }} !longrest @{Selected|character_name}
Kevin said: Any chance of having the classes that know all their spells by default have their spells added by default to the sheet when selecting the class? This would be extremely resource intensive, something that is against the core mentality of this character sheet. So most likely not. However, you could certainly make an API script that will do that for you, but would require creating the script in addition to upgrading to PRO.
Kevin said: Any chance of having the classes that know all their spells by default have their spells added by default to the sheet when selecting the class? you can create your own template. create a character and add all the spells you want then add to the character vault. When needed copy the character and rename it.
I dunno if that was posted already, nor am i a good coder.. but. One and a half year ago, i made with the help of a friend some macros for the Sheet. One for attribute checks, one for skill checks for my NPC's/Monsters.. but the Macros doesnt seem to work anymore? For Attribute i used /w gm &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|npc_name} }}: {{Stat: ?{Attribute?| Strength, [[1d20 + @{selected|npcd_str_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npcd_str_mod}]] Strength| Dexterity, [[1d20 + @{selected|npcd_dex_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npcd_dex_mod}]] Dexterity| Constitution, [[1d20 + @{selected|npcd_con_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npcd_con_mod}]] Constitution| Intelligence, [[1d20 + @{selected|npcd_int_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npcd_int_mod}]] Intelligence| Wisdom, [[1d20 + @{selected|npcd_wis_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npcd_wis_mod}]] Wisdom| Charisma, [[1d20 + @{selected|npcd_cha_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npcd_cha_mod}]] Charisma } }} For skills i used /w gm &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|npc_name} }} : {{Skill: ?{Attribute?| Acrobatics, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_acrobatics} + @{selected|dexterity_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_acrobatics} + @{selected|npc_dex_mod}]] Acrobatics| Animal Handling, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_animal_handling} + @{selected|npc_wis_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_animal_handling} + @{selected|npc_wis_mod}]] Animal Handling| Arcana, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_arcana} + @{selected|npc_int_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_arcana} + @{selected|npc_int_mod}]] Arcana| Athletics, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_athletics} + @{selected|npc_str_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_athletics} + @{selected|npc_str_mod}]] Athletics| Deception, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_deception} + @{selected|npc_cha_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_deception} + @{selected|npc_cha_mod}]] Deception| History, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_history} + @{selected|npc_int_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_history} + @{selected|npc_int_mod}]] History| Insight, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_insight} + @{selected|npc_wis_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_insight} + @{selected|npcd_wis_mod}]] Insight| Intimidation, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_intimidation} + @{selected|npcd_cha_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_intimidation} + @{selected|npc_cha_mod}]] Intimidation| Investigation, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_investigation} + @{selected|npc_int_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_investigation} + @{selected|npc_int_mod}]] Investigation| Medicine, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_medicine} + @{selected|npc_wis_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_medicine} + @{selected|npc_wis_mod}]] Medicine| Nature, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_nature} + @{selected|npc_int_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_nature} + @{selected|npc_int_mod}]] Nature| Perception, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_perception} + @{selected|npcd_wis_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_perception} + @{selected|npc_wis_mod}]] Perception| Performance, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_performance} + @{selected|npc_cha_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_performance} + @{selected|npc_cha_mod}]] Performance| Persuasion, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_persuasion} + @{selected|npc_cha_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_persuasion} + @{selected|npc_cha_mod}]] Persuasion| Religion, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_religion} + @{selected|npc_int_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_religion} + @{selected|npc_int_mod}]] Religion| Sleight of Hand, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_sleight_of_hand} + @{selected|npc_dex_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_sleight_of_hand} + @{selected|npc_dex_mod}]] Sleight of Hand| Stealth, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_stealth} + @{selected|npc_dex_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_stealth} + @{selected|npc_dex_mod}]] Stealth| Survival, [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_survival} + @{selected|npc_wis_mod}]] [[1d20 + @{selected|npc_survival} + @{selected|npcd_wis_mod}]] Survival } }} neither doesnt seem to work anymore x.x Can someone help whats wrong?

Edited 1521781593
I'm struggling with a rogue (arcane trickster) who has gone multiclass and taken a level of druid.  How do I manage his spellcasting ability score modifier?  He should be using intelligence for his few magic user spells and wisdom for his druid spells. When we change his spellcasting ability on the spells sheet from wisdom to intelligence and back again, it changes the stat bonus applied in the spell attack bonus and spell save DC at the top of the spells page, but it does not affect what ability scores are applied when the spells are cast. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.   Apologies is this has been addressed earlier.  I've not found a good way to search through the wiki.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Rob, My suggestion would be to set up his primary spell casting, and then on a spell by spell basis, change the attributes it the attack action section to reflect spells that need to be using Wisdom instead of Intelligence.
Is there a macro to toggle on Global damage mod? Looking to add it to my barbarian's Rage macro.
You could use ChatSetAttr by Jakob to handle the global damage mod just like any other attribute. Unfortunately I don't know the exact code off the top of my head.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kyle G is suggesting using the Roll20 API, which you have access to as a Pro member. Macros have no way of setting attributes, they are a read only process that can trigger complicated/complex rolls.
Anthony V. said: Is there a macro to toggle on Global damage mod? Looking to add it to my barbarian's Rage macro. you don't need global mod just add a ?{Raged|No, 0d0|Yes, [[0d0+2]]} to the macro you have on the damage line.
Hi guys - is there a way to reference the spell level of a spell cast at a higher level? Background: I'm trying to manually add in details into the OGL Spellcard (simply because it looks so much better than the "Attack" output of spells) and want to include some built in logic on the "if cast at higher levels" section. I know I can get this result by using the "Attack" output, but again - trying to keep the Spellcard aesthetic. What I've tried to do with the example of Burning Hands is this: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by [[1d6*(@{Selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelllevel}-1)]] for each slot level above 1st. But its not working. Appreciate any help! Thanks!
Fast Jimmy said: Hi guys - is there a way to reference the spell level of a spell cast at a higher level? Background: I'm trying to manually add in details into the OGL Spellcard (simply because it looks so much better than the "Attack" output of spells) and want to include some built in logic on the "if cast at higher levels" section. I know I can get this result by using the "Attack" output, but again - trying to keep the Spellcard aesthetic. What I've tried to do with the example of Burning Hands is this: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by [[1d6*(@{Selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelllevel}-1)]] for each slot level above 1st. But its not working. Appreciate any help! Thanks! Shameless single bump here...
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The higher level damage is calculated by the sheet worker and set for the spell based on its level and the values in the higher level damage in the spell settings. For example this is the part of the roll template set for a fireball, stored as the hldmg attribute in the repeating section.  {{hldmg=[[(1*?{Cast at what level?|Level 3,0|Level 4,1|Level 5,2|Level 6,3|Level 7,4|Level 8,5|Level 9,6})d6]]}} The 1 at the beginning is the spellhldie, then it adds a roll query that starts on the level of the spell and increments by the value of that spellhldie, ending in a die type set by spellhldietype. It's made to be used in the roll template and isn't divorced from it without some manual setup. You could however pull the inline roll from the repeating attack template and paste it into the spell's description.
Not sure if this working as intended or if I'm just missing something - but are traits (I believe that's what they're called, forgive me if I'm wrong) and reactions for an NPC not meant to be clickable like actions? In the case where I'd want to display an NPC's trait in the chat, I'd rather be able to click on it and have it show up versus having to copy and paste the description and name of it - but when I type it in and click the lock, it doesn't seem to actually lock it.

Edited 1522603754
The NPC features were created long before the PC features & traits section. So no, you cannot click on the feature to display it to chat. Until such a feature is added, you can give each NPC an ability for the features & traits that you want to display. @{wtype} &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{npc_name}}}{{rname=@{repeating_npctrait_$0_name}}}{{description=@{repeating_npctrait_$0_desc}}}
second said: Not sure if this working as intended or if I'm just missing something - but are traits (I believe that's what they're called, forgive me if I'm wrong) and reactions for an NPC not meant to be clickable like actions? In the case where I'd want to display an NPC's trait in the chat, I'd rather be able to click on it and have it show up versus having to copy and paste the description and name of it - but when I type it in and click the lock, it doesn't seem to actually lock it. I've asked for this as an enhancement to the sheet, I heard crickets.
I have found what might be a bug, not sure. The max values for the class resource sections are null and do not return the value in them. @{class_resource_max} will return a blank no matter what value is in the entered in there. [[@{class_resource_max}]] will give an error. This is the same for all of the repeating resource fields as well. 
Ed S. said: I have found what might be a bug, not sure. The max values for the class resource sections are null and do not return the value in them. @{class_resource_max} will return a blank no matter what value is in the entered in there. [[@{class_resource_max}]] will give an error. This is the same for all of the repeating resource fields as well.  There actually is not a class_resource_max attribute; only class_resource and class_resource_name.The max value for a resource is stored on the max value of the class_resource attribute. So you will need to use @{character_name|class_resource|max} to access this value. Unfortunately this requires that a keyword such as the character name/id or selected is required to access this value, even from within the character sheet.

Edited 1522695343
Kyle G. said: Ed S. said: I have found what might be a bug, not sure. The max values for the class resource sections are null and do not return the value in them. @{class_resource_max} will return a blank no matter what value is in the entered in there. [[@{class_resource_max}]] will give an error. This is the same for all of the repeating resource fields as well.  There actually is not a class_resource_max attribute; only class_resource and class_resource_name.The max value for a resource is stored on the max value of the class_resource attribute. So you will need to use @{character_name|class_resource|max} to access this value. Unfortunately this requires that a keyword such as the character name/id or selected is required to access this value, even from within the character sheet. Thanks Kyle, I knew there must be a way to get at those. 
Jeremy R. said: second said: Not sure if this working as intended or if I'm just missing something - but are traits (I believe that's what they're called, forgive me if I'm wrong) and reactions for an NPC not meant to be clickable like actions? In the case where I'd want to display an NPC's trait in the chat, I'd rather be able to click on it and have it show up versus having to copy and paste the description and name of it - but when I type it in and click the lock, it doesn't seem to actually lock it. I've asked for this as an enhancement to the sheet, I heard crickets. it's stuck with the PHB and the DMG ;-) <evil grin>  (j/k)
Not sure but when I use Custom to set the AC tracking it stops adding any shield equipped. (I Set to 10+dex+con) to represents the barbarian trait. But the shield stopped adding so I have to change to global modifier. Is this right? has anyone worked this differently? Thnaks.
Alvaro T. said: Not sure but when I use Custom to set the AC tracking it stops adding any shield equipped. (I Set to 10+dex+con) to represents the barbarian trait. But the shield stopped adding so I have to change to global modifier. Is this right? has anyone worked this differently? Thnaks. This is the expected behavior unfortunately. See my previous  post for how to set this up.
Kyle G. said: Alvaro T. said: Not sure but when I use Custom to set the AC tracking it stops adding any shield equipped. (I Set to 10+dex+con) to represents the barbarian trait. But the shield stopped adding so I have to change to global modifier. Is this right? has anyone worked this differently? Thnaks. This is the expected behavior unfortunately. See my previous  post for how to set this up. Thnak you very much!!!
New question. How do you control Lucky Feat in the 5ed OGL sheet?
Alvaro T. said: New question. How do you control Lucky Feat in the 5ed OGL sheet? I do this. Give the character a resource for the luck. Then give them an ability for luck (in the Attribute & Abilities tab) with the code &{template:desc} {{desc=@{character_name} uses luck to reroll the dice [[1d20]]}} ammo=Luck @{charname_output} If you use the Companion Script (a pro subscription feature), this will also decrement how many uses of luck the character has remaining

Edited 1522780397
Kyle G. said: Alvaro T. said: New question. How do you control Lucky Feat in the 5ed OGL sheet? I do this. Give the character a resource for the luck. Then give them an ability for luck (in the Attribute & Abilities tab) with the code &{template:desc} {{desc=@{character_name} uses luck to reroll the dice [[1d20]]}} ammo=Luck @{charname_output} If you use the Companion Script (a pro subscription feature), this will also decrement how many uses of luck the character has remaining Can you print the atribute page with this. I am trying but probably making an error here. do not substract from resorces. thnx
Alvaro T. said: Can you print the atribute page with this. I am trying but probably making an error here. do not substract from resorces. thnx Sorry, I use a different script to the normal companion. Rather than trying to get the companion script to play nice with this ability you may prefer to use ChatSetAttr instead. Once you have the script install, you will need to know which specific resource you put Luck under. &{template:desc} {{desc=@{character_name} uses luck to reroll the dice [[1d20]]}} @{charname_output} !setattr --charid @{character_id} --mod --RESOURCE|-1 RESOURCE with either be class_resource , other_resource , or repeating_resource_$X_left/right depending on where it is on the character sheet. Hopefully this picture will help to explain which is which