Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Yes, this is what I am after.  I just hoped there would be a way to automate it rather than the player having to take a different route to accomplish a skill check.  I believe I can accomplish this with macros, so I may pursue that option. Thanks, -Adam   Adam, one thing you could do is make token actions for the skill rolls that you would like whispered to you.  The easiest way I can think to accomplish this is to manually click on the ability from the sheet.  After it rolls move your cursor to the chat box and hit the "UP" arrow.  This will bring up the actual text of macro that generated the roll.  Copy that into a new token action on the "attributes & abilities" tab.   Before the text that you copied and pasted insert a line "/w gm".     Now you just have to ask your characters to make those rolls from token actions instead of their sheets.  If that doesn't make sense let me know.
Kryx,   I like to use token actions to handle my npc attacks, spells, reactions etc.  Is there a repeating section to the NPC sheets for attacks, traits, spells that I can use to create a template sheet that makes it easy to create npcs with?  For example with the OGL sheet I can create token actions using something like %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action}. This makes it very quick to make npcs with token actions as i can make a blank template sheet with the token actions and duplicate it and with minor mods have a fully functioning NPC.   Please let me know if this is possible somehow.
Burton B. said: Kryx,   I like to use token actions to handle my npc attacks, spells, reactions etc.  Is there a repeating section to the NPC sheets for attacks, traits, spells that I can use to create a template sheet that makes it easy to create npcs with?  For example with the OGL sheet I can create token actions using something like %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action}. This makes it very quick to make npcs with token actions as i can make a blank template sheet with the token actions and duplicate it and with minor mods have a fully functioning NPC.   Please let me know if this is possible somehow. I believe everything you want is already there and can be found in the documentation. Documentation When the sheet is in NPC mode, you have a number of buttons for the various sections already in the settings page They can all be referenced with general macros though unless you are looking for some specific setup, just using the statblock macro will output a nice clickable chat statblock that will cover NPCs in 90% of cases (no spells in this output) So just the statblock macro will output this with easy to click buttons and since it is a general NPC macro, it can be used on any NPC
Burton B. said: Kryx,   I like to use token actions to handle my npc attacks, spells, reactions etc.  Is there a repeating section to the NPC sheets for attacks, traits, spells that I can use to create a template sheet that makes it easy to create npcs with?  For example with the OGL sheet I can create token actions using something like %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action}. This makes it very quick to make npcs with token actions as i can make a blank template sheet with the token actions and duplicate it and with minor mods have a fully functioning NPC.   Please let me know if this is possible somehow. In addition to what Vanakoji said, the companion script also supports adding token actions. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I should be sure to add the cost and recharges to that macro now that I've changed those. Thanks for reminding me.
Kryx how difficult would it be to add another attacher option? Attacks Against? This would allow a character to put up those defensive reminders, such as uncanny dodge. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gary W. said: Kryx how difficult would it be to add another attacher option? Attacks Against? This would allow a character to put up those defensive reminders, such as uncanny dodge.  Uh, as far as I'm aware there is no method within roll20 to show a roll template when an attack is made against you. Additionally that would only work if your whole campaign uses the attack vs setting.
I figured that would be the answer, but with the changes and advances rolling out these days I figured it was worth asking :)
I made scaling formulas for the new artificer class' scaling features, for those interested. If multiclassing is involved, make sure the artificer is the first listed class. Alchemical Fire [[1+floor((@{repeating_class_$0_level}-1)/3)]]d6 Alchemical Acid [[1+floor((@{repeating_class_$0_level}-1)/2)]]d6 Healing Draught [[1+floor((@{repeating_class_$0_level}-1)/2)]]d8 Thunder Monger (added to normal Thunder Cannon attack) [[1+floor((@{repeating_class_$0_level}-3)/2)]]d6 Blast Wave [[2+floor((@{repeating_class_$0_level}-9)/4)]]d6 Piercing Round [[4+floor((@{repeating_class_$0_level}-14)/5)*2]]d6 Explosive Round 4d8
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think you can use @{artificer_level} as the sheet should generate that field for you when you have it as a class.
On 7.12.2 I've tried @{artificer_level} on both an existing and new sheet (with a custom class named Artificer) and it only says "attribute not found."
I just checked on 8.2.1 as well and the custom class doesn't get a classname_level attribute generated
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, I must not have done it for them.
Thanks Kryx and Vanakoji,   Your solutions were exactly what I needed, however the companion script worked just a tad better for what I wanted.   Just a few more questions.  Is there a way to hide the unprepared spells when you do something like @{Iquikrob Stroipak|spells_macro_var}, the list can get rather long and spammy if you load the entire cleric spellbook.  Also, is there a way to make a spells_macro_var type macro for spells by level.  I would like to create token actions for each level of spells that brings up the appropriate spells from the player spellbook. Thanks again for your time.  I'm blown away but the functionality of this sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Burton B. said: Is there a way to hide the unprepared spells when you do something like @{Iquikrob Stroipak|spells_macro_var}, the list can get rather long and spammy if you load the entire cleric spellbook. The unprepared spells are colored gray if you have "prepared matters" checked. Regarding Cleric: I would definitely not recommend importing 145 spells on to your sheet. It will be quite laggy and take up quite a lot of room in the sheet and in the chat as you've discovered. Burton B. said: Also, is there a way to make a spells_macro_var type macro for spells by level.  I would like to create token actions for each level of spells that brings up the appropriate spells from the player spellbook. The spells macro should handle the needs of most every character. The sheet aims to support around 35 spells on a character. Perhaps up to 50 if you're being really ambitious. Seeing as this desire is a result of having much more than that number then I'm not so keen to support it.
Hey there! After getting to pretty high levels in my campaign the last couple of weeks I discovered something the sheet might support for prepared spellcasters: An indicator as to how many spells have the "prepared" status. For low level spellcasters it might be easy to just quickly take a look at their spells and see whether or not they have enough or too many spells prepared. As the spellbook and number of spells prepared grows, however, an indicator to just give this quick glance would be much help. Imagine having a list of 40+ spells with 20 spells prepared, not something too difficult at maybe level 15, and having to count every spell prepared for several spell levels just to see if you did not make any mistake while preparing each day (!). Is this something that could be implemented without much trouble or slow down to the sheet?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Snizzle, Showing how many spells are known/prepared is captured in this issue on my issue tracker:  #1: Track spells Prepared/Known
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI 8.4.0 will come out in a few hours. I wouldn't upgrade until it comes out as content for spells is not toggled and saving throw and extras is toggled for everything.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
8.4.0 Features Psionics have been removed as I plan to use psionics as spells Bug Fixes The toggle upgrade was not toggling content for spells and was always toggling saving throw and extras for everything. This has been fixed now. As part of this toggle detection has been redone. Size, Speed, and Senses in the NPC statblock macro are now fixed. Recharge and cost now shows as part of action names in chat macros
Gary W. said: I figured that would be the answer, but with the changes and advances rolling out these days I figured it was worth asking :) I think the conditions that Kryx is implementing would be useful for this. Again, I think conditions can be more than just what is in the PHB. Things like bless, adv/disadv when being attacked, hasted, enlarged, etc could be included. Or the ability to at least capture custom conditions. just some thoughts H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheet can't handle anything about when it is attacked so that's not an option. Things like bless, haste, enlarged, etc require a fair amount of work. I'm working toward it with some of my changes, but not there yet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
8.5.0 Features #1: Track spells Prepared/Known . Cantrips are not included as part of the known or prepared calculations. That one has been around for a while so it's nice to see it done.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There have been a lot of features implemented since I first created this sheet. My feature list is rather outdated. Would anyone be interested in helping me update it? Features High performance sheet without the lag of old versions (100% sheet workers) Improved styling to match the 5e paper sheet with nearly all elements clickable to output to chat Compendium Integration for Monsters, NPCs, Armor, Equipment, Spells, Weapons NPC actions and traits are parsed and clickable. Customizable skills with the option to change the ability on the fly Translations (All languages supported by Roll20) Auto populated Class Features which include things like Lay on Hands or Sneak Attack Spells with filtering and the option to cast at a higher level Customizable Classes - Change Name, HD, or spellcasting level of the classes Armor - Covers normal armor as well as unarmored ability cases like monk, barbarian, etc. Equipment with gold and weight automatically calculated. Equipment Items are clickable from the core page for items like Potion of Healing Attachers can be used to remind yourself to add to saving throws while within 10 feet of your paladin Extra features: Jack of all trades, halfling luck, vision, movement, appearance. Settings for how to output all rolls, death saves, initiative, etc Roll settings to choose to always roll with advantage, disadvantage, or query for both Optional bonuses to all skills, abilities, saving throws, etc.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: 8.5.0 Features #1: Track spells Prepared/Known . Cantrips are not included as part of the known or prepared calculations. That one has been around for a while so it's nice to see it done. Yay! Favourite new feature since NPC spells!
Kryx said: Burton B. said: Is there a way to hide the unprepared spells when you do something like @{Iquikrob Stroipak|spells_macro_var}, the list can get rather long and spammy if you load the entire cleric spellbook. The unprepared spells are colored gray if you have "prepared matters" checked. Regarding Cleric: I would definitely not recommend importing 145 spells on to your sheet. It will be quite laggy and take up quite a lot of room in the sheet and in the chat as you've discovered. Perfectly understand.  But I suppose loading the cleric spellbook was a bit of an overstatement.  Even if one were to only load say 10 spells per spell level that they typically rotate through the list can be quite large to wrap your eyes around quickly.  Was just hoping for a quick way to pull up only prepared spells.  No worries though!  The sheet is amazing and I certainly thank you for all of your time in making this for the community.  I'm not much of a programmer, but if you need any legwork let me know I'm more than happy to help (i.e. updating your features list)
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Burton B. said: Also, is there a way to make a spells_macro_var type macro for spells by level.  I would like to create token actions for each level of spells that brings up the appropriate spells from the player spellbook. This at least you can do.  /w "@{character_name}" &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} @{show_character_name} {{title=^{SPELLS}}} {{spell_list=1}} {{prepared_matters=@{prepared_matters_var}}} {{has_spell_slots=@{has_spell_slots}}} {{has_spell_points=@{has_spell_points}}} {{spell_points=@{spell_points}}} {{spell_points_max=@{spell_points|max}}} {{spell_points_limit=@{spell_points_limit}}} {{spells_text_size=@{spells_text_size}}} {{cantrips=@{spells_level_0_macro_var}}} {{spells_level_1_uses=@{spell_slots_l1}/@{spell_slots_l1|max}}} {{spells_level_1_show=@{spells_level_1_show}}} {{spells_level_1=@{spells_level_1_macro_var}}} This is just the beginning of the spells_macro_var variable, which holds the full spells macro. It has cantrips and level 1 spells, currently, just delete and edit to get your individual macros by spell level.
Zym
Sheet Author
I'll be onboard checking the sheet out for a new game I am running. Thanks Kryx. Out of curiosity has the companion been updated in the last six months, and is there a custom install or is it best to select 'shaped companion' from the game setting api menu?

Edited 1484416165
Alexander said: I'll be onboard checking the sheet out for a new game I am running. Thanks Kryx. Out of curiosity has the companion been updated in the last six months, and is there a custom install or is it best to select 'shaped companion' from the game setting api menu? There was an update last week but it hasn't gone to One Click yet. You can grab it from  5e Shaped Companion Script Thread Lucian has been busy with RL recently but he's said he'll be working on the script in the weeks to come to update it with new features to tie in with the 8.0+ versions of the sheet
Zym
Sheet Author
@ techiecarer Kudos!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Burton B. said: Perfectly understand.  But I suppose loading the cleric spellbook was a bit of an overstatement.  Even if one were to only load say 10 spells per spell level that they typically rotate through the list can be quite large to wrap your eyes around quickly.  Was just hoping for a quick way to pull up only prepared spells.  No worries though!  The sheet is amazing and I certainly thank you for all of your time in making this for the community.  I'm not much of a programmer, but if you need any legwork let me know I'm more than happy to help (i.e. updating your features list) I can provide a setting to not show the unprepared spells. It'll apply to the sheet(in presentation mode) and the chat macro. Does that meet your needs? Thanks for the compliments on the sheet. I could definitely use outside input on what are the best features of the sheet.
Kryx said: The sheet can't handle anything about when it is attacked so that's not an option. Things like bless, haste, enlarged, etc require a fair amount of work. I'm working toward it with some of my changes, but not there yet. I know we have discussed this before but I don't think the conditions should to do anything but list what is active. I don't think it should affect anything. Just as a reminder that things have been buffed or debuffed. I realize where you are coming from and your plans but as a player, I actually don't want the sheet to do everything for me. Just remind me what has happened or what abilities I have. I am sure you will continue as you see fit but that was the original intent of the request. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HLazar said: I know we have discussed this before but I don't think the conditions should to do anything but list what is active. I don't think it should affect anything. Just as a reminder that things have been buffed or debuffed. I realize where you are coming from and your plans but as a player, I actually don't want the sheet to do everything for me. Just remind me what has happened or what abilities I have. If you want a reminder then you can accomplish this already via attachers. If/when I fully implement conditions I'll be looking to make it more automated so that things like bless automatically add to ability checks

Edited 1484472626
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
8.5.1 Bug Fixes Speed and Senses now round to 1 decimal place when converting to meters. #94: Weapon damage ability modifier reseting . Also fixed the attack ability and use the meters/feet toggle to read the distance for reach parsing. Spell widths adjusted to be more consistent. #91: Low width for spells outside condensed mode Possibly fixed #92: Check Valid data entry of "senses" , but it's impossible to tell as I don't have Volo.
Kryx said: I can provide a setting to not show the unprepared spells. It'll apply to the sheet(in presentation mode) and the chat macro. Does that meet your needs? Thanks for the compliments on the sheet. I could definitely use outside input on what are the best features of the sheet. That's perfect!   I used your sheet for awhile, switched back to OGL and now i'm back to yours with your latest updates.  Using it in our game this wednesday and my players are excitedto be back on your sheet.   I'll talk to them to see what their view is on it and compile a list for you.
Kryx said: If you want a reminder then you can accomplish this already via attachers. If/when I fully implement conditions I'll be looking to make it more automated so that things like bless automatically add to ability checks I agree that could be done but conditions are a turn by turn thing. Having to go into the settings, into attachers, change what condition(s) is active, etc is cumbersome. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheet can't interact with the turn meter so it could only apply the effects. Any kind of automatically ending them or anything like that would have to be script driven.
Kryx said: The sheet can't interact with the turn meter so it could only apply the effects. Any kind of automatically ending them or anything like that would have to be script driven. You are missing my point. I do not want it to be automatic. I just want a list of &nbsp;currently active conditions that I can turn on or off. My original intended request was a simple output of whatever condition or conditions were applied in the roll template header, subtitle, or something like that. You already have the buttons already set and I think you are going to make them list in the chat when you click on the Conditions label. For me, that should be the default every roll so that in a large encounters where conditions are prevalent, one only has to click it on or off, or chose some custom one (like flying 20ft) to have it remind me every roll. I realize you are going further with this but I hope you keep in mind what I originally requested way back before revamp&nbsp;and again in version 2.2.11 <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3102425/5e-shape" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3102425/5e-shape</a>... H
Zym
Sheet Author
Possibly fixed #92: Check Valid data entry of "senses" , but it's impossible to tell as I don't have Volo Me neither. I am going to look at it, and perhaps give a better explanation too, of the problem I am having. Thanks Kryx.
Yello, Kryx Is there anyway to change what ability modifier the sheet uses for standard unarmoured AC? To clarify, I'm not referring to classes that get an unarmoured ac of 10 + dex + wis like monk, but instead a situation where your ac would be generated by 10+con for example. I tried creating an armour to avoid this, but if the standard 10+dex is higher it is automatically used instead. So if there was a way to force the sheet to use a specific armour that would also help.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Joshua, We're in houserules territory here. Either way you'll need to create an issue on my issue tracker (see OP). If you're looking to change the unarmored formula from dex to something else it wouldn't be too difficult. If you're looking to change armor to use something other than dex then it's more difficult and I'm not so inclined to support that due to its extreme edge case nature. You could also manually edit the AC in the "Attributes & Abilities" tab.

Edited 1484780919
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI the delay in updates is due to me revamping a large part of the sheet (attack, damage, saving throws, etc). I've been putting in a lot of hours, but it has a fair amount left for the upgrade and fixing srd import and conversion from OGL. It'll be version 9 when it comes, but it probably won't be for another week based on the work left even though I'm staying up late working on it.

Edited 1484808592
Awesome to hear you are still working hard on improving the sheet even further :D My players love it! In the meantime, will the version 8 hit live or will you not shoot it to roll20 before version 9?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 8 isn't tested enough to release, so it'll go straight to&nbsp;version 9.
Kryx said: Version 8 isn't tested enough to release, so it'll go straight to&nbsp;version 9. Ok thx :)
I don't suppose there are any plans to implement some sort of automatic CR calculation system for NPCs, is there? I don't know if such a thing is possible, but it would probably go a long way towards speeding up the process of making custom NPCs...
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have an issue on my issue tracker:&nbsp; #5: Automatically calculate challenge rating based on hp, damage per round I have it labeled as won't fix for now as it's a fair amount of work. I do quite a bit of the math for my&nbsp; PF - 5e converter so that would simplify things, but it's still not easy. If you think I should add that feature then go ahead and vote on it. It's lower on my priority list, but if people really want it then I could dedicate some time to it. 9.0.0 status Right now I'm focusing on 9.0.0 which is getting pretty close to the testing phase. I've committed a crazy amount of code within the last 2 weeks on this - it is a huge undertaking. Once 9.0.0 is in a stable state (this week) I could really use some testers to look over the sheet and try normal and odd cases.
Hey Kryx! Wonderful work as usual. I did however wonder one thing about the recent sheets (my game seems to be using 7.12, not sure how to update it to 8, but I'll assume it'll update itself). How do the higher level spell casting options work in these versions? If my memory serves me right a spell would always query for the level at which it would be cast before, but with the current sheets it seems to cast at its regular level with no option to cast it at a higher level (despite a higher level specification being given while editing the spell). Much appreciated!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Baris K. said: How do the higher level spell casting options work in these versions? If my memory serves me right a spell would always query for the level at which it would be cast before, but with the current sheets it seems to cast at its regular level with no option to cast it at a higher level (despite a higher level specification being given while editing the spell). To cast at a higher level you must have the appropriate slots available. So if you have a 3rd level fireball and want to cast it at a higher level you must have a 4th, 5th, 6th, etc slot available for use. The query recalculates every time spell slots are changed so it stays up to date. If you cast a spell like&nbsp; fly &nbsp;without any higher level, but without slots for the spell level then it should prompt you for a higher level slot to use. Though I'd have to test this again to be 100% certain it's working. 7.12 is the last version I released to roll20. Version 8 won't be released, but 9 will be released to Pros probably within a week and then after some testing will go public. (Please feel free to contribute on testing. The more its tested the faster it goes public).
thank you Kryx for your efforts! We love your character sheets :) We have been playing from January 2016 ;P
Hey Kryx, just jumped into my game and noticed that the players Extras/Freetext/Freeform function for their attacks isn't showing anything. (I would put in more detail but I don't have the time)