Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Edited 1486654339
Jim W. said: So no-one has yet got 9.0.0 via Roll20?  Sorry I was thinking people had, and that therefore I was doing something wrong. Jim, Tuesdays are often when Roll20 updates sheets. Kryx has v9 submitted, so it will likely go live sometime later today. Edit: And, of course, when I write down the usual timing it's not followed. :P
Anyone have an auto calculating value for monk martial arts damage dice? Something like using (@{rogue_level}/2)d6 for rogue sneak attack damage, but for monk martial arts damage die values instead? Thanks

Edited 1486496045
The die type would be INT((Monk_Level+13)/6)*2 but seems INT is not allowed and die roller uses the unrounded value without - and that fails! EDIT: OK using ROUND:- [[round((Monk_Level+10)/6)*2]] gives the right die type, prefiix with a [[d and add ]] at end.  Monk_Level needs to be pulled from the sheet of course. Edit 2:  Damage: [[1d[[round((@{monk_level}+10)/6)*2]]]]
Erp, I thought you made the changes to the roll templates in the recent one, Argh I updated to it and botched the job.  ;_;
Jim W. said: The die type would be INT((Monk_Level+13)/6)*2 but seems INT is not allowed and die roller uses the unrounded value without - and that fails! EDIT: OK using ROUND:- [[round((Monk_Level+10)/6)*2]] gives the right die type, prefiix with a [[d and add ]] at end.  Monk_Level needs to be pulled from the sheet of course. Edit 2:  Damage: [[1d[[round((@{monk_level}+10)/6)*2]]]] PERFECT! Thanks a TON!

Edited 1486505699
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Erp, I thought you made the changes to the roll templates in the recent one, Argh I updated to it and botched the job.  I did make changes. They have not gone live yet. The posts above explain why.
I mean this change specifically :P its not in the new one. I've checked.
I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to use the Proficiency Dice optional rule from the DMG using your sheets.  From the digging I've done so far, I've discovered that I'm way over my head.  Is this something that is possible to use and I just haven't found the answer, or does it conflict with too many of the sheets functions?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: I mean this change specifically :P its not in the new one. I've checked. That'll be 9.1.0.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Daniel B. said: I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to use the Proficiency Dice optional rule from the DMG using your sheets.  From the digging I've done so far, I've discovered that I'm way over my head.  Is this something that is possible to use and I just haven't found the answer, or does it conflict with too many of the sheets functions? The settings page on 9.0.1 has a setting for proficiency dice. When 9.0.1 is released (should be any time now) you can use it.
Kryx said: Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: I mean this change specifically :P its not in the new one. I've checked. That'll be 9.1.0. Yea I misread the numbers earlier, I just updated the sheet and it broke more than what I thought it would haha :P lots of boxes to toggle on and off! Was more a mini rant at the mix up then anything else. Just ignore me :P
Kryx said: The settings page on 9.0.1 has a setting for proficiency dice. When 9.0.1 is released (should be any time now) you can use it. Wow, thank you so much!  Really like the style of the sheet btw, excellent work!

Edited 1486507182
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: I just updated the sheet and it broke more than what I thought it would haha :P lots of boxes to toggle on and off! Button toggles have successfully ported for every character and npc that I've tested so far. If you're encountering an issue unrelated to incorrect data in an earlier version (see known issues in 9.0.2) then please let me know on the tracker. Though conversion issues won't be so important as the vast majority of people will go through it soon.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Daniel B. said: Really like the style of the sheet btw, excellent work! Thanks!
Kryx said: Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: I just updated the sheet and it broke more than what I thought it would haha :P lots of boxes to toggle on and off! Button toggles have successfully ported for every character and npc that I've tested so far. If you're encountering an issue unrelated to incorrect data in an earlier version (see known issues in 9.0.2) then please let me know on the tracker. Though conversion issues won't be so important as the vast majority of people will go through it soon. I'll let you know on the bug tracker, there were a few things that crapped up for my sheets and players, such as Ammo appearing out of the box and just in parenthesis and we were unable to make it stop etc. Also I may of missed this, is there any fix for custom rolls? I have players who used Great weapon skills and all that, so that breaks the RO math function now. Do I just have to customise it in now?

Edited 1486507969
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: I'll let you know on the bug tracker, there were a few things that crapped up for my sheets and players, such as Ammo appearing out of the box and just in parenthesis and we were unable to make it stop etc. Also I may of missed this, is there any fix for custom rolls? I have players who used Great weapon skills and all that, so that breaks the RO math function now. Do I just have to customise it in now? Make sure you let the upgrade complete. <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/164/no-ability-to-reroll-damage-dice" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/164/no-ability-to-reroll-damage-dice</a> for great weapon fighting stuff. It's in for 9.1.0
Daniel B. said: Kryx said: The settings page on 9.0.1 has a setting for proficiency dice. When 9.0.1 is released (should be any time now) you can use it. Wow, thank you so much!&nbsp; Really like the style of the sheet btw, excellent work! I've loaded the new sheets and for attacks the proficiency die is working well, but it is not working on effects like Spell Save DCs, is there an attribute I can modify to make this work?

Edited 1486517583
So still waiting on 9.... has anyone got any version via Roll20 yet?&nbsp; Does rollout happen all at once or progressive by campaign? EDIT: Spent the time waiting modifying the API for Marching Order so can have Torches that follow characters - but in the same place not a move behind.&nbsp; This will, I hope, prevent players selecting the Torches for Initiative lol.&nbsp; Not sure if anyone else might want this mod, or if I shuld offer it to the orginal script writer.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Daniel B. said: I've loaded the new sheets and for attacks the proficiency die is working well, but it is not working on effects like Spell Save DCs, is there an attribute I can modify to make this work? Spell save DCs are not included on the alternate rule on DMG 263: "Instead of adding a proficiency bonus to an ability check, an attack roll, or saving throw, the character's player rolls a die". If you'd like to have them included please open an issue on the tracker.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jim W. said: So still waiting on 9.... has anyone got any version via Roll20 yet?&nbsp; Does rollout happen all at once or progressive by campaign? I can do nothing about 9. If you want to see the progress of pull requests watch roll20's repo:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... Or complain to them directly. Or install the sheet manually as you are a Pro user.

Edited 1486517725
I have it installed manually on a test campaign but getting different results to your test campaign hence ... need to test on a rollout from Roll20.&nbsp; Anyway I'm going to bed soon as it is 1:30 am; hopfully it will be done when I check after the game we have [not using Shaped] that ends in 12 hours!
Kryx said: Spell save DCs are not included on the alternate rule on DMG 263: "Instead of adding a proficiency bonus to an ability check, an attack roll, or saving throw, the character's player rolls a die". If you'd like to have them included please open an issue on the tracker. Huh, that's interesting.&nbsp; I'd not considered that part of the wording!&nbsp; At my table we've always used the proficiency die for spell saves as well as spell saves use a proficiency bonus, which in our case is the die. I'll open it up on the tracker, thanks again for all of your work. :)
When importing manually, is there an option to set character sheet defaults anywhere? Would like to make it so that all NPC cards character sheet output is set to whisper by default. Can't seem to find this anywhere.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jyro X said: When importing manually, is there an option to set character sheet defaults anywhere? Would like to make it so that all NPC cards character sheet output is set to whisper by default. Can't seem to find this anywhere. I've been asking roll20 this same question:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4601116/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4601116/</a> If you want this please post there.
Kryx said: Jyro X said: When importing manually, is there an option to set character sheet defaults anywhere? Would like to make it so that all NPC cards character sheet output is set to whisper by default. Can't seem to find this anywhere. I've been asking roll20 this same question:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4601116/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4601116/</a> If you want this please post there. Thanks for the reply! I will try to see if my post will help any.

Edited 1486527219
There seems to be an issue with attacks not generating correctly for Adult Dragons (Gold specifically) in Version 9. Other creatures seem to generate NPC cards just fine. Screenshot:&nbsp; <a href="https://gyazo.com/4f527189eb2cde99af48272c4e00f9fa" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/4f527189eb2cde99af48272c4e00f9fa</a> Edit: It seems to be most creatures with legendary/lair actions and/or regional effects. Edit2: I'm having the same issue even on previous versions in new, blank games. Any suggestions?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Jyro, Please help me help you by posting the issue to the issue tracker and providing the details specified there. The OP has a link.
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'm probably just being dense, but is there any way to turn off Spell Points for a character who has them enabled? This Cleric I've been setting up has them for some reason (as well as Spell Slots as per normal). I can toggle off the spell points filter in the character sheet, but they still show up in the spells macro.

Edited 1486591614
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spells section, first row, last item "Points". Make it not green. Also, you should really not import every spell. Your sheet will lag like crazy. I highly recommend you do not do that.
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Kryx said: Spells section, first row, last item "Points". Make it not green. Also, you should really not import every spell. Your sheet will lag like crazy. I highly recommend you do not do that. Noted, re: importing every spell. It's just tricky with clerics who do have access to all their spells. I suppose I could delete the spells that he's never had prepared so far and just put the ones he actually uses in there. I did try untoggling Spell Points in the char sheet, but the Spell Points still appear in the spells macro:
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tim said: Noted, re: importing every spell. It's just tricky with clerics who do have access to all their spells. I suppose I could delete the spells that he's never had prepared so far and just put the ones he actually uses in there. It's your sheet, but I will not support any lag or any bugs as a result. Any future upgrades that touch spells for example will take longer, the sheet takes longer to open. It's your choice, but it's quite bad practice and only gets worse as the character levels. Tim said: I did try untoggling Spell Points in the char sheet, but the Spell Points still appear in the spells macro: It's best to open an issue at step 1 (the first post) so the comments are all in 1 place. See OP for the link to do so now.
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Done! Thanks Kryx.
Can someone help me figure out why rolling for skills always rolls 2 3d dice and then rolls 4 3d dice when rolling with Advantage?
JulianSt said: Can someone help me figure out why rolling for skills always rolls 2 3d dice and then rolls 4 3d dice when rolling with Advantage? Are you using the new version and have roll2 on? If so, it rolls 2 because of roll 2 but because advantage/disadvantage is sort of done already with roll2, the enabling advantage on a skill will make both rolls 2d20kh1 for a total of 4 dice so its best to not use advantage/disadvantage on things like skills with roll2

Edited 1486652044
It is happening with the new version and the backup game I made that is still running the old version. &nbsp;Roll 2 is turned off yet it still rolls 2 dice.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please copy the output. Hit the up arrow on your keyboard in the chat window after using the ability and copy that code here.
Kryx said: Please copy the output. Hit the up arrow on your keyboard in the chat window after using the ability and copy that code here. @{Marius Nicovante|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{saving_throw=1}} {{character_name=@{Marius Nicovante|character_name}}} @{Marius Nicovante|show_character_name} {{title=^{DEXTERITY} ^{SAVE}}} {{@{Marius Nicovante|shaped_d20}=1}} {{roll1=[[@{Marius Nicovante|shaped_d20}@{Marius Nicovante|d20_mod} + @{Marius Nicovante|dexterity_formula} + @{Marius Nicovante|dexterity_saving_throw_mod}]]}} {{@{Marius Nicovante|roll_setting}=[[@{Marius Nicovante|shaped_d20}@{Marius Nicovante|d20_mod} + @{Marius Nicovante|dexterity_formula} + @{Marius Nicovante|dexterity_saving_throw_mod}]]}} @{Marius Nicovante|hide_gm_info} @{Marius Nicovante|attacher_dexterity_saving_throw}

Edited 1486654147
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And you don't have roll2 toggled? The "roll_setting" is creating it. EDIT: Ability Checks, Saving Throws, Death Saving throws always roll the second roll (though it's hidden in chat). If you'd like me to fix this please open an issue on the tracker for me.
That's correct roll2 is toggled off. Skills will always roll 2 d20 no matter what Roll Options are selected. Also, one character sheet Rolls 2d20's for skills and Weapon Attacks, while another Character sheet rolls 2d20 for skills but Weapon Attacks work properly. I'll work on sending a report.&nbsp;
Daniel B. said: Kryx said: Spell save DCs are not included on the alternate rule on DMG 263: "Instead of adding a proficiency bonus to an ability check, an attack roll, or saving throw, the character's player rolls a die". If you'd like to have them included please open an issue on the tracker. Huh, that's interesting.&nbsp; I'd not considered that part of the wording!&nbsp; At my table we've always used the proficiency die for spell saves as well as spell saves use a proficiency bonus, which in our case is the die. I'll open it up on the tracker, thanks again for all of your work. :) Saw that it was resolved on the tracker for 9.1.&nbsp; Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Daniel B. said: Saw that it was resolved on the tracker for 9.1.&nbsp; Thanks! You're welcome. :)

Edited 1486688782
Hey Kryx, out of curiosity, why'd you change the weapon output in the chat to left-justified? I know there's always a method to your madness, but in looking at our game on the old sheet, vs. the new one on your test server, the new output is harder to scan for the critical info. Example:&nbsp; <a href="https://screencast.com/t/cMeznZKNlve" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/cMeznZKNlve</a> You could still keep the info you have in the new module, while keeping the hit and damage really prominent. <a href="https://screencast.com/t/tYxOuM7m" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/tYxOuM7m</a> Thoughts?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Mike said: Can I ask what the motivation for changing how attacks/damage work was? To have NPC text regenerate based on adjustments to either prof bonus, stat score, etc. Have a more consistent data model. Features, spells, and everything are written so that the damage of an attack is based on hitting, or the damage of a saving throw is based on the creature failing a save - that was not reflected in the data model. One of the advantages of this approach for example is that I can declare that saving throw damage is not multiplied on a crit. The JSON I use for spells has had the damage tied to each type as well. Have an inline editable UI that matches 5e's design with the editable fields in line where they'll appear in the output. The goal was clarity. Every person I spoke to about the model gave feedback that it was a positive change. Also see the screenshot above of the title being in the line above for 9.1.0
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: 9.1.0 roll templates: I worked on them a bit and came up with this: I hope that'll satisfy the desire to have the main components (attack roll, or damage roll) fully left aligned and easy to parse out while also keeping the relevant information.
That's much cleaner, and we can totally get used to it if that's the new direction. However, if I can challenge you further, I'd argue that the critical info for an attack (hit and damage rolls) is busier and harder to read than before, because it's now surrounded by other stuff, increasing the noise. Similarly for spells, the two key pieces of info are DC 23 Dex and 102 damage. In the old template, those two key stats were centered and really easy to pick out.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The font is bold and significantly larger. It stands out quite a bit.
Looks great!!!
I made another thread for this, but I should probably just ask it here. How do I add spells to a non-spellcasting class? Totem Barbarians gain access to three rituals and I can't figure out how to add them to the sheet. The "add" button is missing from the spell section. (Version 7.12.2)