Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

I'd like to say that i prefered the previous sheet quite a bit. It looked more clean and worked perfectly for my games. I truly appreciate everything you do with these sheets but i thought i'd jump in and let my voice be heard
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Marek Z. said: I'd like to say that i prefered the previous sheet quite a bit. Are you talking about inline-editing? That change took 3 weeks and took a massive overhaul to the whole sheet with community contributed testing. I'm not going to spend weeks changing it after the fact.

Edited 1487515170
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 9.1.0 released to Github. See OP for instructions to install. See the  changelog , or below. This release should be considered mostly stable, but not heavily tested. I have tested some basic scenarios: dragging a longsword, greatsword, longbow from SRD dragging fireball from SRD dragging ancient black dragon to the tabletop from SRD creating a new blank sheet Upgrading Manticore and Stone Giant from 7.12.2 SRD Upgrading my example PC from 9.0.1 Upgrading an example PC from 6.5.1 Please test the sheet either on  my test campaign or on your own campaign, but I would not put this on a live game just yet. As always please open any issues on bitbucket so I can address them in an organized and timely fashion. Thank you for engaging in this testing period. 9.1.0 Features Unit tests are being added progressively as issues come up. There is little coverage so far, but I will be expanding these as more work is done. This should increase the stability of the sheet where a function might not be doing as I expect. #166: Change all data saving to run silently should give a great boost to performance and along with the upgrade changes this should reduce a fair number of bugs caused by incompatible updates occurring simultaneously. Upgrades have been entirely revamped to run in one server call as much as possible. This prevents strange errors where multiple conflicting upgrades are occurring at the same time. It also allows me to close the processing message after the upgrade is complete. Therefore that now spans the whole sheet. There is a slight delay of processing after the message closes for cases where all actions are updated (9.1.0), but that willworked on in the future. #172: Parse Actions, Reactions, Legendary Actions, Lair Actions from the new Monster Manual format #9: Handle Repeatable attacks, saves, and damage for cases like Call Lightning, Scorching Ray, Hunter's Mark #2: Meters instead of feet #145: Handle "if used with two hands" when parsing monsters #146: Have Armor items output the content field to the chat, as per other equipment items If custom saving throws are used normal saving throws will be converted to that system for "saving_throw_vs_ability" as well as content fields of attacks, actions, spells, etc. For example "Dexterity" would be replaced by "Reflex". Traits are now split to "Racial Features", "Class Features", "Feats", and "Traits". Closes #140: Add Feats repeating section When a Class Feature is toggled off it is removed from the list of class features (toggling the class does not remove all class features, they must be done individually). "Create Class Features" has been removed from the settings as it can now be toggled directly. Once a class feature has been toggled off it will not be generated again. #171: Incorporating Proficiency Die option to Spell Save DC Spells displaying no longer require Slots or Points to be toggled. So the user must select "Spells" and then from there they can either turn off filters (which now shows all levels) or click "All" for spell level with filters on. The vast majority of cases will have a class which will add the necessary toggles, but this should help cases without a class figure out how to input spells. I'd like to improve it further potentially, but it's difficult to default to "auto" while showing some levels to start. Closes #160: Spells gained via trait on non-casters Initiative now has more of its calculations done via sheet workers. I has cleaned up its code which should make it more reliable with all the bonuses that can add on. I've also changed the value of "initiative_to_tracker" and "initiative_tie_breaker" on the settings page to both be 1. Critical damage from the default damage can be turned off, allowing for no crits at all or custom critical damage when combined with "extra on a crit". Closes #167: Custom critical damage no longer supported #179: Add repeating section identifier to roll templates Skill generation has been optimized for new characters so it creates 3 server calls instead of 20. Hit Dice have been revamped to work entirely on sheetworkers. UI Adjustments The roll template is formatted differently to have the type on the line above. #103: When Actions, Attacks, Traits, etc are condensed show them in a list like spells #156: Core Page Expanded Spellbook Improvement Bug Fixes Many of these are discovered as part of the 9.1.0 changes and did not exist previously. I have included them anyways. #198: Conversion to 9.0.1 mangles many SRD imported Actions/Attacks #181: Monster Manual - Tokens droped from journal are not scaling or are not visable #82: Import of Orc War Chief doesn't apply Gruumsh's Fury correctly to attacks. #148: Bat Bite attack imports wrongly. #173: Saving throw second damage crit showing #174: Equal padding for roll and attack rolls for roll2 #176: Spell Macro always shows Spell Points #187: Global Spellcasting Attack Modifier #200: Brutal Critical #195: Skill Rolls for Non-Proficient Skill broken #197: Saving Throw Rolls - Proficient #193: Monster Manual - Strenght modifier applied to 1d1 attacks #199: Different rounding on mean damage
Kryx said: #9: Handle Repeatable attacks, saves, and damage for cases like Call Lightning, Scorching Ray, Hunter's Mark Nice! I used to to something like this manually, nice to see it as a feature. A suggestion for attacks/spells with 2 damage rolls: could you display each roll on a new line so that all the numbers are aligned? Something like this: Hit: [ROLL1] damage type plus [ROLL2] damage type Also, since now theydon't take up space unless toggled on, could we have more than 2 damage fields for attacks? Not a very common need but I'd like to see it implemented if it's not much trouble.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Athleon said: Also, since now they don't take up space unless toggled on, could we have more than 2 damage fields for attacks? Not a very common need but I'd like to see it implemented if it's not much trouble. Can you outline the use case where this is needed?

Edited 1487522169
Kryx said: Athleon said: Also, since now they don't take up space unless toggled on, could we have more than 2 damage fields for attacks? Not a very common need but I'd like to see it implemented if it's not much trouble. Can you outline the use case where this is needed? I'd use it on one of my characters where I use Booming Blade with a weapon that does an additional type of damage. So my final damage is piercing + lightning + thunder. Now I just put the lightning+thunder together and label them within the roll, which is not really problematic unless the specific type of damage matters, in which case it takes an extra step to check. Like I said not very common, I can live without it, I'm just mentioning it in case more people have a use for it, and with the new editing format it wouldn't take any space if you don't use it, it would just be another [-/plus]  toggle after the second damage.
Kryx, you have done a paragon work with the Shaped sheet, adding even UA and houserule options. But I'm having two problems concerning spells with this sheet. Frist, editing spells is really slow. Changing the number or type of die, as an example, takes a whole minute. The second problem is (as far as I have tested) about melee spell attacks. When I configure Thorn Whip to deal 1d6 piercing damage, it automatically change the damage to 1d6 + str_mod. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't see where if so.  Thanks for the great work.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Booming Blade is a spell that is applied quite similarly to sneak attack, hunter's mark, colossus slayer, and other similar abilities. Attacks are meant to hold information on the attack, not rider effects that are not directly part of the attack. I'd recommend setting up booming blade to be linked to the weapon - similar to how sneak attack is setup.

Edited 1487522880
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Marcloure said: Kryx, you have done a paragon work with the Shaped sheet, adding even UA and houserule options. Thanks! I have put an immense amount of work into the sheet so it's great to see it appreciated. Marcloure said: Frist, editing spells is really slow. Changing the number or type of die, as an example, takes a whole minute. I have not experienced this. If your character has lots of spells (fields) then you'll encounter problems. Have you by chance added many spells (more than 30)? Perhaps try it on the test campaign where 9.1.0 is - that should improve performance, but I've never experienced this issue so I do not know the cause. Marcloure said: When I configure Thorn Whip to deal 1d6 piercing damage, it automatically change the damage to 1d6 + str_mod. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't see where if so.  Can you test this on 9.1.0. If it occurs can you open an issue on my issue tracker with reproduction steps to have this occur on a new character sheet in 9.1.0? Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Athleon said: A suggestion for attacks/spells with 2 damage rolls: could you display each roll on a new line so that all the numbers are aligned? Something like this: Hit: [ROLL1] damage type plus [ROLL2] damage type I skipped over this earlier. Please open a feature request on the issue tracker.

Edited 1487524264
Kryx said: Booming Blade is a spell that is applied quite similarly to sneak attack, hunter's mark, colossus slayer, and other similar abilities. Attacks are meant to hold information on the attack, not rider effects that are not directly part of the attack. I'd recommend setting up booming blade to be linked to the weapon - similar to how sneak attack is setup. Eh, if I don't put it in the attack itself then it doesn't work with critical hits. And I'd rather not add an extra click to all of my attacks. I get your point that it isn't the intended usage though. Kryx said: Athleon said: A suggestion for attacks/spells with 2 damage rolls: could you display each roll on a new line so that all the numbers are aligned? Something like this: Hit: [ROLL1] damage type plus [ROLL2] damage typeI skipped over this earlier. Please open a feature request on the issue tracker. I skipped over this earlier. Please open a feature request on the issue tracker. Did so! (hopefully correctly)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Neither does sneak attack or divine smite or any other rider. But if they're linked like in the documentation then you can click it twice. Perhaps a nice feature to work on next would be the ability for features or things like spell repeats query for a crit or not.

Edited 1487525073
Kryx said: Neither does sneak attack or divine smite or any other rider. But if they're linked like in the documentation then you can click it twice. Perhaps a nice feature to work on next would be the ability for features or things like spell repeats query for a crit or not. Yeah I already have my sneak attack set up as a button that queries for crit, so I don't want to add another click->query on top of that for BB. The more riders you add the more annoying this setup becomes, especially if it's practically on every attack. I don't think there's a perfect solution, ultimately it comes down to preference.

Edited 1487525239
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Athleon said: The more riders you add the more annoying this setup becomes, especially if it's practically on every attack. Indeed the current workflow isn't the ideal. The problem is roll20 makes it practically impossible to reference a repeating section (features) from another repeating section (attacks). That is why  #59: Make attachers work for skills. has made no visual progress. I tried for a few hours to make it so a repeating section can reference another repeating section visually on the sheet, but I'm unsure if it's even possible to hack in. For that same reason I currently cannot implement the idea of linking a feature directly from an attack and why the workarounds presented on the documentation exist. It isn't ideal, but adding multiple damage fields is not only confusing (they cannot be labeled), but it also isn't the right model and it adds a fair amount of bloat to each attack/action/trait/etc to add additional damage fields. Additionally adding 1 means adding many more to handle all the rider cases being used together. Hopefully this workflow can be improved in the future, but with the current roll20 limitations it currently seems unlikely. Keep in mind you can make an attack automatically activate a feature like sneak attack - the documentation has an example of that way where it doesn't require an extra click.
I have not converted my games to the Shaped sheet yet but I do have a campaign setup with it and my players are bringing their characters over to that campaign as they have free time to do so.  One thing I am certain about is that for my use, the sheet and companion script are a package deal so it important to me that what I have installed is always in sync.  Lucian's recommendation to always pick a version and install it as a custom sheet makes sense. However, it is, to me, not obvious how I can pick matching versions of the sheet and companion script.  For instance, the message that 9.1.0 is stable enough for testing makes me think it would be worth putting it in my test campaign.  But I don't see anything in that announcement to point me to a compatible version of the companion script.  I understand that it may not be easy to coordinate those releases but it would be a big help to see some affirmative statement in the change log &/or release announcements such as "Shaped 9.1.0 is compatible with Companion Script x.y.z".  The same, and probably easier statement on the companion script such as "Companion Script 5.1.0 is compatible with Shaped x.y.z" would be nice. If those compatibility statements already exist, could someone point me to them because I've looked twice without seeing them.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
bgb said: I don't see anything in that announcement to point me to a compatible version of the companion script.  I understand that it may not be easy to coordinate those releases but it would be a big help to see some affirmative statement in the change log &/or release announcements such as "Shaped 9.1.0 is compatible with Companion Script x.y.z".  The same, and probably easier statement on the companion script such as "Companion Script 5.1.0 is compatible with Shaped x.y.z" would be nice. If those compatibility statements already exist, could someone point me to them because I've looked twice without seeing them. Good idea. The sheet always releases first so I can't necessarily predict the version of the script, but the script should always be able to identify which sheet version is compatible. Can you open an issue on  Lucian's issue tracker to make a note on his releases for which sheet version it is compatible with?
As part of Issue 103, these lists are now much harder to read then they use to be. These lists were my #1 reason for switching my games to this sheet. The lists work great for spells, because often there are so spells. Spells are also comma separated and grouped by level which makes them easy to read. Uncondensed The new lists for Traits and Weapons have way too much text to be easily used, and condensed they are so clustered that it's significantly harder to find what you need. I would highly recommend reconsidering this change or at least adding a toggle to list them out 1 per line. At very least they need to be comma seperated like spells if the previous recommendations are not options.   Examples: Old vs New     VS    VS  
Kryx said: bgb said: I don't see anything in that announcement to point me to a compatible version of the companion script.  I understand that it  sheet version is compatible. Can you open an issue on  Lucian's issue tracker to make a note on his releases for which sheet version it is  done
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Agreed, versioning of the sheet vs the script isn't as clear as it ought to be right now. There's actually a very old issue in my tracker to do something about this, but as a start point I should be more explicit with my releases about which versions of the sheet will work with which scripts. Right now, what you need to know is that 9.1.0 will not work particularly well with any publicly released version of the script. Some things will work, but there are several features that will break because of changes in the sheet. There is a development version that is currently installed in Kryx's test campaign, and which I am also testing right now. I hope to release this soon, but there are some major changes - in particular a total rework of the way import works (no more clicking Import on the overlay, hooray!) which I'd like to see tested well before release. If you're feeling&nbsp; brave and would like to help with some testing, you can grab a bleeding-edge development version of the script from here: <a href="https://gist.github.com/symposion/7a16056c1b20ac5" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/symposion/7a16056c1b20ac5</a>... . This will only work with 9.1.0 sheet, and is a pre-release copy. DO NOT USE ON A LIVE GAME! So far I'm aware of one major issue due to an issue with the current 9.1.0 sheet - spells are not parsing properly from the spellcasting trait of imported monsters. There's an issue in Kryx's tracker for this and hopefully that will fix it for the script as well.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike said: I would highly recommend reconsidering this change or at least adding a toggle to list them out 1 per line. At very least they need to be comma seperated like spells if the previous recommendations are not options. &nbsp; Examples: Old vs New &nbsp; &nbsp; VS&nbsp; &nbsp; VS &nbsp; Great examples. I think there are 2 options: Do not make them inline Keep them inline but 2 per row #2 is probably hard to make work due to recharge and text being cut off. I'll wait for some more feedback from others before fiddling with the options.
Marcloure said: &nbsp;First, editing spells is really slow. Changing the number or type of die, as an example, takes a whole minute.&nbsp; @Marcloure - Check if you have Lastpass extension enabled. &nbsp;There have been ongoing issues with Lastpass and Roll20, but I know when I had this enabled and tried to edit traits, it was painfully slow. &nbsp;As soon as I disabled it, the slowness disappeared.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin said: @Marcloure - Check if you have Lastpass extension enabled. &nbsp;There have been ongoing issues with Lastpass and Roll20, but I know when I had this enabled and tried to edit traits, it was painfully slow. &nbsp;As soon as I disabled it, the slowness disappeared. Indeed, I read this a while ago and again on the pathfinder sheet today. I'll add it to the OP as well. If you're experiencing extreme lag then you should disable LastPass.

Edited 1487532409
Mike said: As part of Issue 103, these lists are now much harder to read then they use to be. These lists were my #1 reason for switching my games to this sheet. The lists work great for spells, because often there are so spells. Spells are also comma separated and grouped by level which makes them easy to read. Uncondensed The new lists for Traits and Weapons have way too much text to be easily used, and condensed they are so clustered that it's significantly harder to find what you need. I would highly recommend reconsidering this change or at least adding a toggle to list them out 1 per line. At very least they need to be comma seperated like spells if the previous recommendations are not options. &nbsp; Examples: Old vs New &nbsp; &nbsp; VS&nbsp; &nbsp; VS &nbsp; I second this. I really think the different features and attacks should be distinguished better in condensed form.
Kryx said: Great examples. I think there are 2 options: Do not make them inline Keep them inline but 2 per row #2 is probably hard to make work due to recharge and text being cut off. I'll wait for some more feedback from others before fiddling with the options. I'd prefer option #1 personally for traits/features/etc. With weapons I liked the way it was in 9.0.0 but obviously it's your sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
techiecarer said: I'd prefer option #1 personally for traits/features/etc. With weapons I liked the way it was in 9.0.0 but obviously it's your sheet. The way it was is #1.
I have to say that I think the previous Attacks interface felt much slicker and easier to use, the new is too bare and confusing :(
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tim M. said: I have to say that I think the previous Attacks interface felt much slicker and easier to use, the new is too bare and confusing :( Kryx said: Are you talking about inline-editing? That change took 3 weeks and took a massive overhaul to the whole sheet with community contributed testing. Inline-editing is the new design that is here to stay.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In case it wasn't clear the current 9.1.1 bugs are due to the silent change. Previously a field updating would trigger other updates. Now I have to manually trigger those other updates. So the bugs you'll most likely encounter are a result of those updates needing to be manually run, likely not a miscalculation or any sign of large instability. Thanks for helping to find them.
I'm currently using Shaped 9.0.1 which was recently updated. I love this sheet a lot, but with this recent update any rolls made via the sheet now roll 2d20 on Normal instead of 1d20 and I can't seem to find an option to change it back to 1d20.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Try changing normal to advantage and then back to normal.

Edited 1487538532
Kryx is there a way to roll back to 7.12 because all my chars spells and custom monsters attacks are off? Also getting this error after update. API Output Console Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again. More info... For reference, the error message generated was: SyntaxError: Unexpected token :
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you mean your monsters have spell attacks? That's fixed in 9.1.1 which should be stable in a few days. I may put it on my main campaign for Tuesday if I can get enough bugs fixed first. Script errors are unrelated to this sheet. They should be handled on the script thread. Though the message you're seeing tells you exactly what to do: hit save script again.

Edited 1487539435
I have a two part question: I just did a manual update to 9.1.0. I was having a lot of issues with 9.0.1 with weapon attacks being assigned as spell attacks, saving throws getting counted twice, some creature sheets not rolling properly. Anyways, 9.1.0 looks to have solved these issues. However, I am running into another issue now with attack rolls that were referencing class traits. As an example, we have a Battle Master fighter that had all of his maneuvers listed that he could click on and activate. Here is an example: {{[Menacing Attack](~Character McCharacterface|repeating_trait_$2_trait)}} {{[Disarming Attack](~Character McCharacterface|repeating_trait_$3_trait)}} {{[Goading Attack](~Character McCharacterface|repeating_trait_$4_trait)}} {{[Maneuvering Attack](~Character McCharacterface|repeating_trait_$5_trait)}} {{[Precision Attack](~Character McCharacterface|repeating_trait_$6_trait)}} {{[Maneuvering Attack](~Character McCharacterface|repeating_trait_$5_trait)}} Question 1: With 9.1.0 it looks like several of the class features moved from Traits to Class. I've since reassigned his traits to match their new number on the list, however, when they are clicked, it instead rolls Trait $0 on his list about twenty times and then never rolls the requested trait. How can I fix this? Question 2: How can I reference abilities now listed under Class? I looked up the documentation, and it looks like I should be able to use: {{[Second Wind](~Character McCharacterface|repeating_class_$2_trait)}} but that doesn't seem to work.
Ok my game is Tuesday so i might have to wait a week.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Eric: I'd really caution against using 9.1.1 in a live game. Sheets that already have everything calculated should work fine, but any changes may not update. It's not fully stable yet. As you've seen all class features are now in "repeating_classfeature". You can reference it by using %{NAME|repeating_classfeature_ID_action} Or in your case: {{[Second Wind](~Character McCharacterface|repeating_classfeature_$2_action)}} The documentation is out of date currently. I'd access traits via the ID method, not the $0, $1, $2 method as some have been moved. I don't know exactly how roll20 handles an item being removed. I assume $2 moves to $1 and $1 moves to $0 if $0 is removed, but I'm not sure.
I know some other GMs and players didn't have as good results, but by taking about an hour before the game to look over my player's sheets, and apply the various fixes that are recommended, we basically had no issues on 9.0.1 last night. The minor issues that did come up are all being addressed in 9.1.0. Once that's ready we should be cooking with gas. Cheers, Kryx.

Edited 1487542508
Thanks, Kryx, for the reply. With classfeature I was able to get it to reference the object correctly. Thank you! I am still getting the same issue referencing the traits, however. I looked up the ID and replaced the old numbered system. It currently looks like this: {{[Menacing Attack](~Character McCharacterface|repeating_trait_-KJOT7e-lEtteRsaTrXL_trait)}} The result is that I see Menacing Attack displayed correctly, followed immediately by roughly 50 or so uses of the first listed item (Parry) and ending with text that says "%{Character McCharacterface|repeating_trait_$0_trait}" edit: Currently, only Menacing Attack is even listed for that weapon. I removed the others.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you send me an invite?

Edited 1487611105
Thorsten
KS Backer
To those that have seen "all spells corrupted" after upgrade, I have and have not seen this as a user of the sheet. In one campaign, I have a character where every single spell somehow acquired an attack. Very vexing. But in another campaign, I cannot recreate. [Edit] This has been reproduced and, unfortunately, can't be fixed. Re-importing spells or toggling off attack is the only way to handle this. It doesn't happen on all characters. Those created on 6.x or later don't have the issue; those created on 2.x do. There's likely an intermediate upgrade step that created the data that now causes the upgrade to 9.x to create an attack for spells that don't have one.
Sent.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thorsten B. said: To those that have seen "all spells corrupted" after upgrade, I have and have not seen this as a user of the sheet. In one campaign, I have a character where every single spell somehow acquired an attack. Very vexing. But in another campaign, I cannot recreate. It's possible that the spells that convert to attacks previously had data inside the attacks section. Even if the attack is toggled off data in that section will trigger the attack toggle in 9.x.x
Thanks again Kryx. For anyone else that might have the same issue, each of the maneuvers was referencing trait $0 for some reason. Once the line of text was removed it worked fine.
Kryx, can you add back the option to have the Spell tab appear as a separate sheet?&nbsp; When players have a lot of spells, having them all just stack down with descriptions on the Core page makes it unnecessarily lengthy.&nbsp; Some of my players are newer, so they still need to see their spell descriptions, and it feels very unwieldy to have all the spells stacked together on the Core page when descriptions are on. Also, as a possible bug report.&nbsp; The UI option for Jack of all Trades was removed from the sheet.&nbsp; I had to find it in the Attributes to disable it when it flagged on multiple non-Bard characters.

Edited 1487552667
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The spells tab was removed for performance reasons and will not return. See the changelog 8.0.0 for more details. Try the expand functionality on the core page for nearly identical ui. Jack of all trades is under features and traits in edit mode on 9.0.1, or under bard class features on 9.1.0.
Kryx said: Try changing normal to advantage and then back to normal. Nope still rolling twice.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
bewby said: Nope still rolling twice. Send me an invite plz
Kryx said: bewby said: Nope still rolling twice. Send me an invite plz Sent a PM&nbsp;

Edited 1487565748
Vanakoji
KS Backer
I have made the initial updates to the documentation for the fields and repeating sections as well as the roll template which took a lot longer than expect with the roll template changes. There is still more polish that needs to be looked at and some images/sections updated in the "useful macro" section but the most useful reference material should be there. For the next update, traits going to multiple section should only need a small update since all the fields are the same the title section for that on how to reference an attribute or the macro could just be update to reflect the new sections and it should be good.

Edited 1487591075
Vanakoji said: I have made the initial updates to the documentation for the fields and repeating sections as well as the roll template which took a lot longer than expect with the roll template changes. There is still more polish that needs to be looked at and some images/sections updated in the "useful macro" section but the most useful reference material should be there. For the next update, traits going to multiple section should only need a small update since all the fields are the same the title section for that on how to reference an attribute or the macro could just be update to reflect the new sections and it should be good. Your work is greatly appreciated! FYI, I got my Battle Master Maneuvers set up with a few tweaks and knowing that the trait changed from _damage to _other_damage_die.&nbsp; H

Edited 1487594214
A few small follow ups to the discussion from the discussion starting from my previous post. &nbsp;I'm personally not a fan of fewer releases to have everything be more "stable". I don't think it will help anyone - just means slower updates. If someone is house-rule modifying the sheets a lot they will just have more time to "taint" the sheets, and thus be hit even harder when the updates do hits. I don't really think the non-public versions will be tested much more either this way.&nbsp; Regarding the "updating gif": Kryx said: The processing is complete when the spinning circles spin normally. If they jitter and are laggy the processing is still happening. I only knew this already, because I have asked about it here before. And since then I have seen several other interpretations of how to read that gif. My point was basically that the gif is not intuitively explaining what is going on. Both the information that an update is starting, is still going on, and that it has completed is extremely vague with this gif. I know it might be difficult technically to improve this, but it is causing confusion and problems for people until this happens. One big thread is fine. However, to help with the overview it could be an idea to have the following besides this thread: - An FAQ wiki. This would contain FAQs like how the sheet is updated, how to test this latest sheet, how to submit a bug, how to handle Magic Missiles, how to make sneak attack/hunter mark, various traits that modifies damage or healing, Then just link to wiki whenever people ask the same questions over and over again and add to it whenever you feel like you have that answered already. - A patchnote wiki or locked thread - at least for the public version. Then we can avoid the issue of having the patch notes hiding 5 pages earlier when the sheet goes public.