Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Edited 1487597324
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gediablo said:  I'm personally not a fan of fewer releases to have everything be more "stable". I don't think it will help anyone - just means slower updates. If someone is house-rule modifying the sheets a lot they will just have more time to "taint" the sheets, and thus be hit even harder when the updates do hits. I don't really think the non-public versions will be tested much more either this way.  Agreed. The longer the update takes to get to public users the more different the public users are from my code and the code Pro users use and test which means more unknowns which means more bugs. Consistent releases prevent this, but they also create update fatigue which is also problematic. There is a bit of a balance. Gediablo said: Regarding the "updating gif": Kryx said: The processing is complete when the spinning circles spin normally. If they jitter and are laggy the processing is still happening. I only knew this already, because I have asked about it here before. And since then I have seen several other interpretations of how to read that gif. My point was basically that the gif is not intuitively explaining what is going on. Both the information that an update is starting, is still going on, and that it has completed is extremely vague with this gif. I know it might be difficult technically to improve this, but it is causing confusion and problems for people until this happens. The update notification closes when it is complete as of 9.1.x. However the sheet is quite laggy to open when a big update starts. Ultimately my code is extremely limited by roll20 in this regard. Gediablo said: One big thread is fine. However, to help with the overview it could be an idea to have the following besides this thread: - An FAQ wiki. This would contain FAQs like how the sheet is updated, how to test this latest sheet, how to submit a bug, how to handle Magic Missiles, how to make sneak attack/hunter mark, various traits that modifies damage or healing, Then just link to wiki whenever people ask the same questions over and over again and add to it whenever you feel like you have that answered already. - A patchnote wiki or locked thread - at least for the public version. Then we can avoid the issue of having the patch notes hiding 5 pages earlier when the sheet goes public. A requirement of documentation generally means the product is not inherently clear. I'd much rather have a clear product than add documentation that needs to be maintained, becomes out of date, and is difficult to get people to read in the first place. Some individual points: The OP contains information on how to manually update the sheet. I can add details for non-pro users for when they're receive an update. Testing the latest sheet is covered in the posts where I ask for testing, though I can add it to the OP as well. How to submit a bug is covered in the op with a link to my issue tracker. On my issue tracker there are instructions for how to provide a good bug report. Sneak attack is automatically added as a rogue. Additionally attaching it to weapons is covered in the documentation. Similarly other cases are in the documentation. If you think those should be expanded then feel free to write it out on the documentation in google docs and either Vanakoji or I can approve it. Magic missile is covered via the repeat functionality in 9.1.x Changelog is always included in the OP. It's been there for quite a while TL;DR: The  sheet's readme (which is copied to the OP of this thread) is the main place for information. Anything more involved should be covered in the documentation. If you think an area is currently insufficient feel free to suggest how to improve it.
I am using the script on auto-install (not as a custom sheet).  It seems to be on 9.0.1.  My spells are having attacks added to them, weapon attacks are being duplicated.  Is it possible to back up to an earlier version of the sheet?
Gozer the Gozerian said: I am using the script on auto-install (not as a custom sheet).  It seems to be on 9.0.1.  My spells are having attacks added to them, weapon attacks are being duplicated.  Is it possible to back up to an earlier version of the sheet? Both of those are known issues being addressed in 9.1.0, but I haven't heard of any temporary solution other than manually fixing them. I took an hour before my first game on 9.0.1 and did that. I recommend going into the edit mode with "expand" enabled. Deleting the duplicate weapons takes only a moment. The spells are a bit more tedious, but in expand mode it's fairly straight forward. Good luck.
Kryx said: The processing is complete when the spinning circles spin normally. If they jitter and are laggy the processing is still happening. Latest version from github closes the window automatically and then the sheet takes another few seconds to complete - as I see changes going into the sheet still.  Very good though except the text should ideally say something like "please wait - do not close sheet until a few seconds after ths message vanishes!"
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The message goes away when the upgrade completes, not the processing that occurs after. I have plans to delay that until the post processing is done, but it's not easy without promises which roll20 prevents.

Edited 1487610143
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gozer the Gozerian said: weapon attacks are being duplicated. This is a known issue in the changelog as is fixed as part of 9.1.x. Though it is incredibly minor to remove extra versatile weapons as part of 9.0.1. Gozer the Gozerian said: My spells are having attacks added to them Sounds similar to the malformed data issue from Thorsten.&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/232/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/232/</a>... If it's a different issue please open an issue on the issue tracker.
I've an issue testing latest 9.1 version - but is with an SKT monster - Yuan-ti Pureblood. The issue is that the conversion just goes on and on and never seems to complete.&nbsp; I copied as "Yuan-ti Pureblood - jim test" into the test campaign and issue seems same.&nbsp; Renamed that one, and copied again for testing to see if this is an SKT or 9.1 issue?
Kryx, I think most users of the Shaped sheet are used to the performance issues by now, so I'd say the bug fixes and other improvements of 9.1.0 take priority over efficiency for most. I could be wrong. However, I'd be willing to test 9.1.0 when I'm not at work to help with making sure one-click users get quicker access to a stable sheet that works the way they expect it to.

Edited 1487613675
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Silent is already in and working fine besides the handful of manual updates that I didn't add that I'm now adding as users find those areas.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jim W. said: I've an issue testing latest 9.1 version - but is with an SKT monster - Yuan-ti Pureblood. The issue is that the conversion just goes on and on and never seems to complete.&nbsp; I copied as "Yuan-ti Pureblood - jim test" into the test campaign and issue seems same.&nbsp; Renamed that one, and copied again for testing to see if this is an SKT or 9.1 issue? convertFromOGL does not automatically stop like upgrade does. It'll need to be revamped. It won't be as part of 9.1.x
Global_Damage_Bonus &nbsp;- I've tied this to Bar 3 on a Token and it does change the value. However, it does not ever revert. I've tried setting the value in the Token Bar to "0", as well as directly in the sheet. It is visually updated but the added damage is still calculated with all future rolls. Advantage Query - Unable to un-select. I clicked this by accident on a sheet and now I am unable to toggle it off. I can select any of the options but cannot turn it off completely.
Doug E. said: But I have multiple games using this sheet and some of them using the companion script as well. I would rather spend my time on game prep than going through all the games and updating sheets and scripts manually. My request would be to release new versions less frequently, say keep a stable version out there for 6 months or so but I know that isn't going to happen. That horse has likely been flogged for all it's worth. "Because reasons," my take on that is: This already exists. It's called the OGL sheet. Currently 7 months since last release and incredibly stable, feature-wise. There is a perfect case to be made for either approach. Iterative, more flexibility, many nifty features being added at a pace: -&gt; Shaped Static, less flexibility, will work the way today it worked 6 months ago: -&gt; OGL
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said Issue tracker Please report any issues on the above issue tracker. @Andy B.

Edited 1487631183
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Supported Versions I support the currently released version on Roll20 and on Github (they often differ as Pros can use a newer version). For upgrades I support a smooth upgrade for any version within the last 6 months. Currently that is version 6.1.0. I've updated my readme to have supported versions explicitly listed. 6 months should be enough time for users to update their sheets.

Edited 1487632428
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
9.1.1 Bug Fixes #223: Initiative rolls don't send to tracker #209: Ammo field is generated every time a weapon is edited #230: Upgrade from 7.12.2, Fire Bolt becomes melee #229: Spell with custom (maximized) damage loses damage on upgrade #233: Sorcerer metamagic not adding #235: Condense Buttons for Feature Section only have one toggle state between them. #238: Experience Points macro #239: Lair actions and Regional effects #241: Clicking GP for total gold results in error on new characters sheet without any gold. #240: Swarm import #205: Spellcasting parsing doesn't work #217: NPC Spell from SRD Error #236: Class Features Macro is empty #242: Conversion from Storm King's Thunder incomplete Silent update bugs #206: Class Features don't generate output #212: Proficiency Bonus calculation/update #221: Characters upgraded from 9.0.1 have “send to tracker” turned off by default Initialized new sheets for #222: New character’s initiative rolls are blank , #224: The saving throw chat dump macro is blank for new character without any save proficiencies #219: No proficiency bonus being added to skills UI Adjustments Condensed attacks, traits, etc look as they do in 9.0.0 I will be unavailable tomorrow as I run my campaign most of the night so here is another unstable release that is more stable than the last.
Hi there, Not sure this is the place to ask. We're using D&D 5e Shaped v9.0.1. Wondering where the crit range went to? Are we missing it? Thx. Rob
Rob said: Wondering where the crit range went to? Are we missing it? Thx. It's under settings now.
Tony said: If you drag a monster from the MM to a new character sheet while other npc sheets are open in edit mode, it forces all open sheets to convert tot he new monster as well. Just lost a few hours of my life fixing that.&nbsp; Also I have no fucking clue how to add spells to npc sheets now that we removed the spells tab (which was an awful choice, it does not improve performance at all, and most of my players have to redo their entire spell list now) I can add spell casting, but no option appears to add spells. Wheres the missing button? The first part is a roll20 issue and happens regardless of the sheet you are using, all you can do to stop it is only have 1 npc sheet open at a time. While removing the spell tab may not have improved performance for you, it has for many with low system specs. And using the Expand button at the top of a sheet gives you practically the same layout. Once you've clicked Spells, click Slots and then Switch from Auto to All so it shows all spell levels. Then add spells as usual (if you want the spells to show when you switch back to Auto, make sure you give the spell level at least 1 slot (see image below for an example)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Tony, Please read the&nbsp; Roll20 Code of Conduct . After you have done so you have 2 options: Treat your fellow human beings with respect. The niche (but upgrade breaking) bugs in 9.0.1 have been addressed in 9.1.x which is currently in a testing period. For most NPCs this affects you can reimport them as a temporary solution. If there is any bug currently unknown please post an issue on my tracker. Sorry for the inconvenience. Don't use my sheet. I've spent&nbsp;thousands of hours of my free time on this sheet for this community, not for you specifically.
Kryx said: Jim W. said: I've an issue testing latest 9.1 version - but is with an SKT monster - Yuan-ti Pureblood. The issue is that the conversion just goes on and on and never seems to complete.&nbsp; I copied as "Yuan-ti Pureblood - jim test" into the test campaign and issue seems same.&nbsp; Renamed that one, and copied again for testing to see if this is an SKT or 9.1 issue? convertFromOGL does not automatically stop like upgrade does. It'll need to be revamped. It won't be as part of 9.1.x Ok so unintended left conversion running for 5 hours and then laptop dropped off net.&nbsp; When I returned the display message about upgrade had gone. The monster, though, still has only () listed against Hit Points.&nbsp; I imagine this is something specific to this creature's data in SKT. On a seperate issue, I note some NPC have HP and AC and some have hp and ac.&nbsp; I think all PC have HP and AC though.&nbsp; Just wondered what the plan is going forward for these?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Jim: please open issues @Sirren: Spell slot reduction (any reduction as a result of clicking a macro) is a a function of the script. The script has not implemented spell slot reduction yet.

Edited 1487691060
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Tony said: I can not comment &nbsp;much beyond that as it would be pure vitriol. I've just spent hours correcting things that have failed since the update, and I don't think I can remain pleasant for too long. The short version is that I've tested this performance gain on multiple devices, one of them a laptop that was cheap when i bought it ten years ago, and there is no noticeable change. I have been blatantly given misinformation by roll20 devs, their mods, and Kryx himself so I'm gonna file this one away in the same place that I store my d&d lore. Which is under 'fiction'.&nbsp; I note that you've been posting vitriolic criticism here along the same lines for quite some time now. Apparently, you think you're owed something by the people who are working their *sses off to make something for you, using enormous chunks of their spare time, for free. Also, apparently, it comes as a huge surprise to you that exactly the same thing that happened with the previous major version, and the version before that, and the version before that, has happened again now, and yet you've still made zero effort to take any of the precautions that have been repeatedly stated here and elsewhere: Use a different sheet. Seriously. It appears that you don't like the way the shaped sheet is developed, so I suggest you use the OGL one, which doesn't change nearly as much. Or, better yet, write your own, since you seem to have such strong opinions on how it should be done. Install a github version so that you don't get auto-updated. You're a pro user, why don't you take advantage of that? Take copies of your game before attempting to upgrade if doing so from github. Take copies of your game regularly anyway. Use the new Roll20 rollback feature to undo unwanted changes This is free software. What that means is that we develop it voluntarily, which in turn means that we do it how it pleases us to do it. One of the things that doesn't please me, and I'm pretty sure doesn't please Kryx, is hand-holding people who can't be bothered to make a minimal effort to inform themselves about how to use the software effectively, and then have the gall to rant and rave about the negative consequences that brings. The sheet upgrade process is not idiot-proof. Sadly, there's very little that either Kryx or I can do about that given the tools at our disposal. What we do do is to make every effort to inform people, here and in the documentation, how they can limit the risk of things going wrong, and recover easily from them if they do. It's up to you what you do with that. Remember: you are not a customer, you are not always right, and you are owed precisely zero by people who have nonetheless given you a lot. Have some common decency or go away and pay someone the very substantial amount of money it would cost to develop and support this software commercially.
TheWebCoder said: Rob said: Wondering where the crit range went to? Are we missing it? Thx. It's under settings now. Ah I see it now, "crit range" checkbox. I was scanning for a number value. Thank you.
+1 to Lucian. &nbsp;Thank you and Kryx for all the work that you do. &nbsp;9.1.x has some exciting features.
Okay. I know that I am not popular with you Kryx. And I read that you changed it to lock the spelltab to the core page for performance issues? The thing I don't get is why the option to have a spell tab was removed? Surely if you cannot run it on a lowend PC then you can just choose not to use it? I might be missing something? But would it be terrible to get the option back in the options settings to have spells seperate? Having to condense the spells everytime I want to check my inventory or add currency to a PC is inconvinent. I usually have the spell list uncondenced to be sure what the castingtime/actions required shown. There is no hostility :) I just wanted to know what the thought process behind removing the feature entirely was?
How can I change a particular weapon crit range in 9.1.1 (ex.: Sword of kas)? And how can I change the global crit range (ex.: champion fighter)?&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Marcloure this was covered just above.&nbsp; TheWebCoder said: Rob said: Wondering where the crit range went to? Are we missing it? Thx. It's under settings now.

Edited 1487693720
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kixao said: The thing I don't get is why the option to have a spell tab was removed? Surely if you cannot run it on a lowend PC then you can just choose not to use it? The spells are actually shown 2 times on the sheet: On the PC core tab and the NPC core tab. Including spells a 3rd time on the spells tab means that spells were included on the sheet 3 times. Normally it's not so bad to have a repeating section exist in multiple places (tabs), but with spells having so many fields and there being so many spells those 3 sections need to regularly be updated by roll20 whether &nbsp;the tab is showing or not. That significantly increases the lag of the sheet if roll20 has to process an extra 2000-5000 fields. Tabs aren't like &nbsp;true pages - they are just hidden via css, but they still exist. I looked at the performance numbers (sheet load time, sheet processing time, etc) with the help of Vanakoji at the time this decision was made and the difference was significant. The expand behavior produces nearly the exact same user experience as the spells tab. If you prefer them expanded it's 1 additional click overall to uncondense them on the expand mode.
Kryx said: @Marcloure this was covered just above.&nbsp; TheWebCoder said: Rob said: Wondering where the crit range went to? Are we missing it? Thx. It's under settings now. Oh, thanks.

Edited 1487696764
Raised the issue : #261 - ConvertFromOGL SKT -&gt; 9.1 issues Interestingly the issue does not occur if convert to 9.0.x first.&nbsp; Not sure if time best spent testing all SKT monsters now, or waiting until there is some change (fix) to test.
Kryx, do you feel 9.1.1 is stable enough to use in our live games?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No.

Edited 1487708083
Adding an issue to the tracker for V 9.0.1 regarding a hidden feature limiter. Update: It doesn't seem to be the number of features but the name of the feature that seems to be causing the bug. Attempted to add a feature called "Potent Spellcasting" which is in fact a level 8 feature for a knowledge cleric. Every time I try to add a feature with "Spellcasting" in its title, it gets auto deleted.
I apologize if this has been asked, but do any of those bug fixes for 9.1.1 correct Paladin's Lay on Hands? Before 9.0.1 it would subtract the correct amount under features when typed, but it is just subtracting only 1 no matter what amount is typed in.
One thing I noticed tonight is that weapon attacks for monsters are not rolling the correct damage.&nbsp; For instance, the Goblin attack applies an extra +2 damage to the scimitar attack.&nbsp; I've tried taking off the "Fin" property to remove this, and just use the "none" option (-), but it always reverts back to a bonus.&nbsp; Will this be fixed in the next iteration, and when will that be?
Gozer the Gozerian said: One thing I noticed tonight is that weapon attacks for monsters are not rolling the correct damage.&nbsp; For instance, the Goblin attack applies an extra +2 damage to the scimitar attack.&nbsp; I've tried taking off the "Fin" property to remove this, and just use the "none" option (-), but it always reverts back to a bonus.&nbsp; Will this be fixed in the next iteration, and when will that be? Surely it should be +2... But yes it is fixed in 9.1.x versions I have tested.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dillon F. said: Adding an issue to the tracker for V 9.0.1 regarding a hidden feature limiter. Update: It doesn't seem to be the number of features but the name of the feature that seems to be causing the bug. Attempted to add a feature called "Potent Spellcasting" which is in fact a level 8 feature for a knowledge cleric. Every time I try to add a feature with "Spellcasting" in its title, it gets auto deleted. Thanks, likely due to the parsing of spellcasting from traits for NPCs.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dvergr76 said: I apologize if this has been asked, but do any of those bug fixes for 9.1.1 correct Paladin's Lay on Hands? Before 9.0.1 it would subtract the correct amount under features when typed, but it is just subtracting only 1 no matter what amount is typed in. As far as I'm aware traits only reduced the usage by 1, always. In 9.x.x Lucian and I added the ability to subtract the amount in the "per use" field. For Lay on Hands created by the sheet this field is populated with the heal query.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gozer the Gozerian said: One thing I noticed tonight is that weapon attacks for monsters are not rolling the correct damage.&nbsp; For instance, the Goblin attack applies an extra +2 damage to the scimitar attack.&nbsp; A goblin has +2 damage from dexterity from finesse. That's correct unless it's saying something else. 1d6 + 0 is incorrect. If it's saying something else please test in 9.1.0.
Kryx said: Dvergr76 said: I apologize if this has been asked, but do any of those bug fixes for 9.1.1 correct Paladin's Lay on Hands? Before 9.0.1 it would subtract the correct amount under features when typed, but it is just subtracting only 1 no matter what amount is typed in. As far as I'm aware traits only reduced the usage by 1, always. In 9.x.x Lucian and I added the ability to subtract the amount in the "per use" field. For Lay on Hands created by the sheet this field is populated with the heal query. Hmmm.. OK. I must've remembered wrong. I thought it subtracted the amount the player typed in. Is this set up correctly (I manually set it to 25/50)?
Weird. I clicked in the per use field and it moved a bit and now it looks like this, but still doesn't subtract the amount healed:
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There seems to be some kind of roll20 error when I set a field to "?{Heal Bonus Amount|}" I'll have to open an issue with roll20.
Kryx said: There seems to be some kind of roll20 error when I set a field to "?{Heal Bonus Amount|}" I'll have to open an issue with roll20. OK. We can deal. :-)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dvergr76 said: OK. We can deal. :-) I've opened&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4673581/sheet-workers-setting-a-field-to-contain-a-query-returns-a-firebase-error/?pageforid=4673581#post-4673581" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4673581/sheet-workers-setting-a-field-to-contain-a-query-returns-a-firebase-error/?pageforid=4673581#post-4673581</a> to have them address the issue.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I saw it discussed a bit earlier, but just wanted to confirm that I should not use the shaped sheets for Marketplace modules? I really like the features that the shaped sheet offer, but also need the updates to be reliable enough that pregenerated PCs, NPCs, and monsters would not be rendered unusable like in previous updates.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What is "Markerplace Modules"? SKT, Volo, MM? Anything in the OGL format or the actual monster manual format will convert to the Shaped format and works fine. Mark S. said: also need the updates to be reliable enough that pregenerated PCs, NPCs, and monsters would not be rendered unusable like in previous updates.&nbsp; Are you talking about 9.x.x? That vast majority of monsters convert without issue. There was a bug (spell attack) that cause some monsters to not upgrade, but the vast majority of users have not had major issues. Additionally for those cases where the issue is currently present it's able to be worked around by dragging the content from SRD. That said if you want full stability with no chance of breaking then a sheet that does not refactor or develop new features is likely a better choice.