Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Edited 1487731924
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Kryx said: What is "Markerplace Modules"? SKT, Volo, MM? Anything in the OGL format or the actual monster manual format will convert to the Shaped format and works fine. Mark S. said: also need the updates to be reliable enough that pregenerated PCs, NPCs, and monsters would not be rendered unusable like in previous updates.  Are you talking about 9.x.x? That vast majority of monsters convert without issue. There was a bug (spell attack) that cause some monsters to not upgrade, but the vast majority of users have not had major issues. Additionally for those cases where the issue is currently present it's able to be worked around by dragging the content from SRD. That said if you want full stability with no chance of breaking then a sheet that does not refactor or develop new features is likely a better choice. To clarify, I have created a 5e adventure for the Roll20 marketplace and have plans to release more depending on its success. I would really like to use the shaped sheet because I really love the work you have done. I am less than a week from releasing it to the marketplace but noticed that the update caused some bugs with the pregenerated PCs. I guess the questions that I have would be... Will these sort of bugs be corrected after the updates? Or is it something that will be left to the players to fix? My preference is to use the shaped sheets but obviously I also want to avoid having anyone that purchases an adventure from having to rework the sheets. Just trying to weigh in what would be best before submitting anything. Thoughts?
Can't speak for Kryx, but if I was in your shoes I'd look over the issue tracker to see if the issues you're concerned with are tracked and slated for 9.1.0. Otherwise, you may wish to add them.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks..I appreciate all of the hard work that you all have put into this project, thus the reason I would like to promote it by using it in my adventures. Keep up the awesome work!
Kryx said: Gozer the Gozerian said: One thing I noticed tonight is that weapon attacks for monsters are not rolling the correct damage.  For instance, the Goblin attack applies an extra +2 damage to the scimitar attack.  A goblin has +2 damage from dexterity from finesse. That's correct unless it's saying something else. 1d6 + 0 is incorrect. If it's saying something else please test in 9.1.0. It's saying 1d6+2+2, an extra +2 is added because of the Finesse property of the weapon.  Have not tested in 9.1.0 yet. Just wanted to clarify. 
Mark S. said: Kryx said: What is "Markerplace Modules"? SKT, Volo, MM? Anything in the OGL format or the actual monster manual format will convert to the Shaped format and works fine. Mark S. said: also need the updates to be reliable enough that pregenerated PCs, NPCs, and monsters would not be rendered unusable like in previous updates.  Are you talking about 9.x.x? That vast majority of monsters convert without issue. There was a bug (spell attack) that cause some monsters to not upgrade, but the vast majority of users have not had major issues. Additionally for those cases where the issue is currently present it's able to be worked around by dragging the content from SRD. That said if you want full stability with no chance of breaking then a sheet that does not refactor or develop new features is likely a better choice. To clarify, I have created a 5e adventure for the Roll20 marketplace and have plans to release more depending on its success. I would really like to use the shaped sheet because I really love the work you have done. I am less than a week from releasing it to the marketplace but noticed that the update caused some bugs with the pregenerated PCs. I guess the questions that I have would be... Will these sort of bugs be corrected after the updates? Or is it something that will be left to the players to fix? My preference is to use the shaped sheets but obviously I also want to avoid having anyone that purchases an adventure from having to rework the sheets. Just trying to weigh in what would be best before submitting anything. Thoughts? My thoughts are that you would have a bigger market if publishing with the OGL sheet because OGL sheet users would also be able to use the content. The OGL sheet does not convert the shaped sheet whereas Kryx has done extensive work to allow the OGL sheet to convert to shaped. Mind, my experience is only with the shaped sheet converting content from the SRD, including Volo's. Just my 2 coppers.
Gozer the Gozerian said: Kryx said: Gozer the Gozerian said: One thing I noticed tonight is that weapon attacks for monsters are not rolling the correct damage.  For instance, the Goblin attack applies an extra +2 damage to the scimitar attack.  A goblin has +2 damage from dexterity from finesse. That's correct unless it's saying something else. 1d6 + 0 is incorrect. If it's saying something else please test in 9.1.0. It's saying 1d6+2+2, an extra +2 is added because of the Finesse property of the weapon.  Have not tested in 9.1.0 yet. Just wanted to clarify.  Just tested in 9.1.0. damage was 1d6+2. I just dragged the goblin from the SRD, the sheet was created and I clicked on the scimitar and it rolled the weapon attack. It did not use Fin but Dex for the modifier.
Yes, I see what's happened.  When the sheet updated automatically to 9.0.1 (Not sure what I was on before, probably 9.0.0, since it is on auto update), all of my monsters attacks were reading as spell attacks.  These were previously imported from the SRD.  So, I went in manually and edited the attack to be a melee weapon attack, then it started adding the extra bonus.  It does the same thing if I simply drag the weapon from the SRD onto the sheet.  I then tried dragging the monster from the SRD over onto the previously created NPC sheet, but that just ended up doubling all the attacks.  The only way I could get it to work right is to completely re-do the monster, dragging it from the SRD. So, yes, dragging from the SRD to create a new monster works in 9.0.1, just as it does in 9.1.0.  That's not the issue.  The issue I seem to be faced with now is that I have to re-do all my monsters.  Not really an optimal solution, in my mind. EDIT:  No, I don't have to re-do the whole monster, I discovered that I can either individually drag in each attack, or I can drag in the monster itself from the SRD, but I first have to delete all the actions and attacks to avoid duplication.  Still not optimal, hopefully that's not the intended behavior after every update.
I'm sure this issue is already known and not sure where the fault for it lies, most likely not even on the shaped sheet, but when dragging monsters from the monster manual monsters through the SRD that have spells they aren't showing any content or info on the  spell, just displaying the spell name and level when clicked on. Using shaped sheet 9.1.1
Ethan M. said: I'm sure this issue is already known and not sure where the fault for it lies, most likely not even on the shaped sheet, but when dragging monsters from the monster manual monsters through the SRD that have spells they aren't showing any content or info on the  spell, just displaying the spell name and level when clicked on. Using shaped sheet 9.1.1 Dragging from the SRD does not work for getting and filling in multiple entries so it can't fill in the stats, look at the spells, then import them as well so the shaped sheet does what it can and fills in the spell name to show you what you want to drag and drop for spells. Maybe someone else can give a better explanation but this exists for all sheets as it is a limitation of the compedium imports.
Vanakoji said: Ethan M. said: I'm sure this issue is already known and not sure where the fault for it lies, most likely not even on the shaped sheet, but when dragging monsters from the monster manual monsters through the SRD that have spells they aren't showing any content or info on the  spell, just displaying the spell name and level when clicked on. Using shaped sheet 9.1.1 Dragging from the SRD does not work for getting and filling in multiple entries so it can't fill in the stats, look at the spells, then import them as well so the shaped sheet does what it can and fills in the spell name to show you what you want to drag and drop for spells. Maybe someone else can give a better explanation but this exists for all sheets as it is a limitation of the compedium imports. Ah, I see. I guess importing spells is pretty easy anyway

Edited 1487761006
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Mark S. Let me summarize my thoughts on the above conversation: Native is better, but costs time The Shaped sheet can convert OGL sheets (not PCs) and they should work if you follow the OGL format, but the native features are different and the native features will always be better than the converted features. Additionally for performance if OGL converts all of those fields still exist so the sheet will have twice as many fields. Ultimately I'd recommend that your modules create a folder for the Shaped sheet and a folder for the OGL sheet with a sheet for every monster/NPC used in your module listed under each of those folders. That will allow you to release 1 module while supporting both sheets. If you can't do native I'd recommend you test the conversion yourself (though that'd likely take just as long as setting it up within Shaped). I'd suggest utilizing the SRD and the companion script to make setting up NPCs a breeze (even custom ones). If you're going to release a Shaped module I'd recommend releasing it after the stable version of 9.1.x release. If you release as the current format each creature will have to upgrade before a user can use it. Will these sort of bugs be corrected after the updates? Or is it something that will be left to the players to fix? The bugs that have been brought up about 7.12.x -> 9.0.1 are already resolved on the 9.1.x branch and any update occuring on 9.1.x will not have those bugs.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Dvergr76 said: OK. We can deal. :-) I've opened&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4673581/sheet-workers-setting-a-field-to-contain-a-query-returns-a-firebase-error/?pageforid=4673581#post-4673581" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4673581/sheet-workers-setting-a-field-to-contain-a-query-returns-a-firebase-error/?pageforid=4673581#post-4673581</a> to have them address the issue. FYI this was a result of me trying to put a string into a "number" field. I've resolved this.
9.1.1 definitely seems to be working much better than 9.0.1 in my test campaign, Kryx. The performance improvements are noticeable, especially on PC sheets. It appears all the parsing issues with legendary NPC's have been corrected as well. I will keep an eye out for any issues I find and try to let you know about them asap.
Hey Kryx, is 9.1.1 in a state where it would be helpful to test on a live game? We've got our game on Sunday, and I'd like to test the sheet then. Obviously, I'm going to back up the campaign first, but I'd like to test it to see if we can find some bugs during actual play.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike said: Kryx, do you feel 9.1.1 is stable enough to use in our live games? Kryx said: No. 9.1.x is unstable and will not be upgraded from. Any issues you encounter from using it will 100% not be supported.
A crap, well I f#*$ed up. I meant to install 9.1.0 and accidentally copy/pasted 9.1.1 to my game. Well... heh... I guess I'll let you know the bugs tomorrow. I'll have a pen and pad ready.

Edited 1487801524
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Unless you need your game now I'd suggest waiting a day or two before opening sheets. I'm in the process of a large 9.1.2 or 9.2.1 which will impact how stuff is retrieved and saved to the server. or I can send you a copy of 9.0.1 as 9.1.0 is not stable (9.1.1 is more stable than 9.1.0).
My game is tonight. If I use the roll back feature and set it to yesterday's date, will that set it back to 9.0.1?

Edited 1487802231
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have never used roll back. You can try, though I presume roll back is for data, not for a sheet version. Otherwise I can give you a copy of 9.0.1 to use.
Well, it worked for a minute, but then it started updating the sheet to 9.1.1. I think I'll need a copy of 9.0.1 then. I'll pm you my email if you need it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Next version will be 9.2.0. Likely ready for a stable build (no bugs of major priority or higher) by Saturday, but no promises. I made a recent change which I expect people will be happy about: The way that data is retrieved from the server when referencing a repeating section has been altered to minimize the number of http requests I make to the server. The result is incredibly fast upgrades (20 seconds from the moment the sheet is clicked for a 6.5.1 PC loaded with spells). The new architecture allows me to retrieve multiple repeating sections and vary the id I get from each section or vary the fields I get from each section - it significantly improves the process. This will also allow me to run more functions in parallel. I'm&nbsp;mentioning it now as it may require testing, though I'm able to drag from SRD and my 9.x.x and my 6.5.1 PC converted without issue.
Very cool!
Hi I am testing out the 9.0.1 sheet now on my test game to see if I am switching over from OGL. &nbsp;Right now I love this sheet so much more. &nbsp;Going through the documentation and learning some of the things I can do with this character sheet I am running into an issue. &nbsp;Most likely user error. I have added buttons to all my attacks through the attacher for traits but now I am trying to just have the attack pull only the damage portion of the trait instead of the entire trait. Example of my attacher is [text name](~NAME|repeating_trait_$x_trait) &nbsp; &nbsp; this works perfect but I don't need the content to display every single time it is used. &nbsp;I created colossus slayer for example and I am trying to change the command to only display the 'other damage' portion of the trait. From the documentation the example I was following was from the superiority die portion of the battlemaster where they mention to use other_damage_die instead of trait at the end. &nbsp;So this is the example [text name](~NAME|repeating_trait_$x_other_damage_die) I can't not get it to display...I also did change from the array position ($x) to the unique ID and still a no go. &nbsp;Could anyone by chance help me out on what I am doing wrong for it to only pull the damage portion I added to the trait? I know I can uncheck mark the content in the trait but then if the player wanted to read the trait he/she would have to remember to go into edit mode and check mark it to read it and then uncheck it again. &nbsp;I am trying to avoid that. If anyone needs more clarification let me know and I'll try to explain better. Thanks.
Travis K. said: Hi I am testing out the 9.0.1 sheet now on my test game to see if I am switching over from OGL. Right now I love this sheet so much more. Going through the documentation and learning some of the things I can do with this character sheet I am running into an issue. Most likely user error. I have added buttons to all my attacks through the attacher for traits but now I am trying to just have the attack pull only the damage portion of the trait instead of the entire trait. Example of my attacher is [text name](~NAME|repeating_trait_$x_trait) this works perfect but I don't need the content to display every single time it is used. I created colossus slayer for example and I am trying to change the command to only display the 'other damage' portion of the trait. From the documentation the example I was following was from the superiority die portion of the battlemaster where they mention to use other_damage_die instead of trait at the end. So this is the example [text name](~NAME|repeating_trait_$x_other_damage_die) I can't not get it to display...I also did change from the array position ($x) to the unique ID and still a no go. Could anyone by chance help me out on what I am doing wrong for it to only pull the damage portion I added to the trait? I know I can uncheck mark the content in the trait but then if the player wanted to read the trait he/she would have to remember to go into edit mode and check mark it to read it and then uncheck it again. I am trying to avoid that. If anyone needs more clarification let me know and I'll try to explain better. Thanks. I did wrote those sections in the doc so hopefully I can help somewhat. It seems you have the normal macro output working correctly so that is good. For what you want with [text name](~NAME|repeating_trait_$x_other_damage_die) it doesn't work as the button calls the MACRO of the section while other damage fie is an ATTRIBUTE (aka, other_damage_die would only output "d8"). For the battle master you will see that the other_damage_die is referenced in the damage section of another macro (the maneuvers) so that if you update it once in the superiority die, all maneuvers update that way so unless you need something that specific don't worry about the die part. From my understanding you have But want If so that can be done fairly easy in one of 3 ways, each that does it slightly different. Method1: Just uncheck the little check box in the top right of the content section. This will remove the text from the sheet in display mode and the macro output. Method 2: put {{content=}} in the freeform section of the trait (freeform enabled on settings page). This removed it from the macro output but not the display mode of the sheet. Method 3:&nbsp; If you want the original colossus slayer to have the text on both the sheet and macro if clicked from the sheet, just create a second trait to reference on attacks that doesn't have the text filled in at all.
Thanks the {{content=}} in the freeform works perfect for what I am trying to do. &nbsp;I appreciate it. &nbsp;And thanks for the extra clarification on how the superiority die function worked.
Kryx said: I made a recent change which I expect people will be happy about: The way that data is retrieved from the server when referencing a repeating section has been altered to minimize the number of http requests I make to the server. The result is incredibly fast upgrades... Sweet!

Edited 1487887752
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
All major issues are solved and it is mostly stable, but I'd duplicate your campaign first or wait a few days for&nbsp; the minor issues to be resolved unless you need it now. Please open issues for any problems you encounter. 9.2.0 Features The way that data is retrieved from the server when referencing a repeating section has been altered to minimize the number of http requests I make to the server. The result is incredibly fast upgrades (20 seconds from the moment the sheet is clicked for a 6.5.1 PC loaded with spells). The new architecture allows me to retrieve multiple repeating sections and vary the id I get from each section or vary the fields I get from each section - it significantly improves the process. This will also allow me to run more functions in parallel. Bug Fixes Removed damage_crit from saving throw damage #276: Race condition with spell slot parsing #256: Saving throws and Ability Check macros always include "Honor" and "Sanity" #267: Inspiration chat post initially shows 1 #269: Proficiency text is replaced on upgrade and level up. #258: Death saving throw bonus isn't displayed in macros #262: "Auto" spell list does not show when there are no slots or points "per_use" for things like ammo, armor, equipment, traits, attacks, actions, etc is now a "text" field so that it can allow things like custom queries. Attributes are now generated on sheet initialize. Closes #237: Deflect Missile Monk Feature has issues with calculating the absorbed damage - Attributes not defined #245: Hitdice dont get retracted from a character after levels in a class are deleted. #275: The four new features and traits sections are not hidden in presentation mode #273: Spells don't prompt for level when they should . Additionally, spells will prompt for a level if you have no slots of that level or higher. #218: Spell level change not running #211: Total weight not calculating #276: Race condition with spell slot parsing
I like the new full screen updating pacifier. That will likely cut down on people closing the sheet before a full update.
Not sure if this is intentional or not, or there's a setting I'm missing, but Warlock spells on 9.2 are prompting for spell level. To reproduce: Make a warlock, set level to 13, add Shatter spell, cast shatter, prompted to choose level to cast it.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
New Script, New Thread! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4683557/5e-shape" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4683557/5e-shape</a>... Check it out - loads of new cool stuff and many improvements. No more opening character sheets and clicking to finish the import process! TheWebCoder said: I like the new full screen updating pacifier. That will likely cut down on people closing the sheet before a full update. Indeed. You will also like !shaped-update-character that lets you bulk update characters without even opening a sheet!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheWebCoder said: Not sure if this is intentional or not, or there's a setting I'm missing, but Warlock spells on 9.2 are prompting for spell level. To reproduce: Make a warlock, set level to 13, add Shatter spell, cast shatter, prompted to choose level to cast it. Please open an issue on the tracker. I shouldn't have to say this anymore. :(

Edited 1487899989
Sorry, I don't usually add stuff to the tracker without either verifying myself that it's a bug, or asking here. From now on I'll just post there.
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hi Kryx, thanks again for your huge efforts on this sheet. As regards old issues on bitbucket, if we feel that an issue that has been marked as "resolved" isn't resolved, what's the best way to flag that? I've left a reply here:&nbsp;<a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/176/spell-macro-always-shows-spell-points" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/176/spell-macro-always-shows-spell-points</a> but I wasn't sure you would see it. I just didn't want to spam the issues tracker with the same issue.
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, or i am posting this in the wrong place (not much for posting on forums), but I want to know how to add great weapon fighting style to the sheet. specifically the rolls now that the damage dice are preset. typically I would us 2d6r&lt;2 and it would reroll the 1's and 2' automatically. How can i accomplish this now?
I know we've discussed the attack rolls box at length already and with the numbers lining up, it's bloody near perfect and I'm just being nitpicky here. I would suggest making the damage section one lines that reads "X damage on hit" instead of the current 2 line version with "Hit:" being above the damage. It's trivial, but anything to save vertical space is appreciated. Current example: &nbsp; - Cheers Mate! The new version is great!
Does 9.2 fix the spell import problem for the compendium?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheWebCoder said: Sorry, I don't usually add stuff to the tracker without either verifying myself that it's a bug, or asking here. From now on I'll just post there. Sorry if it was unclear. Verifying if it's a bug by creating a reproduction path for me is very useful, though there is no need to add a step for me to verify it. If you open the issue directly I can close it there if it's not a valid issue. That allows other users to see it or for me to link it to other users if it's not a valid bug. Thanks! Tim said: Hi Kryx, thanks again for your huge efforts on this sheet. As regards old issues on bitbucket, if we feel that an issue that has been marked as "resolved" isn't resolved, what's the best way to flag that? I've left a reply here:&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/176/spell-macro-always-shows-spell-points" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/176/spell-macro-always-shows-spell-points</a> but I wasn't sure you would see it. I just didn't want to spam the issues tracker with the same issue. Thanks! I hope you enjoy it! If a resolved issue is not resolved as you think then commenting on it is the correct course of action. I will get an email and can respond to it. If it's a larger issue and only one part isn't working then typically I'll open a new issue, otherwise I address it in the same issue. Thanks! steven S. said: I'm sorry if this has been asked before, or i am posting this in the wrong place (not much for posting on forums), but I want to know how to add great weapon fighting style to the sheet. specifically the rolls now that the damage dice are preset. typically I would us 2d6r&lt;2 and it would reroll the 1's and 2' automatically. How can i accomplish this now? See&nbsp; #286: Great Weapon Fighting (Weapon Damage Field)

Edited 1487927021
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Salicar said: Does 9.2 fix the spell import problem for the compendium? I'm unaware of such an issue. If it wasn't captured on my issue tracker then probably not.

Edited 1487926732
Just quick comment here considering what Mike wrote above: I would suggest making the damage section one lines that reads "X damage on hit" instead of the current 2 line version with "Hit:" being above the damage. It's trivial, but anything to save vertical space is appreciated. Does it even need that "Hit:" text anywhere? There is already blue background as visual indicator that it is something else than attack roll and of course "slashing damage" after the number tells that it is damage roll. And damage doesn't happen if it isn't hit anyways. Less words is better in my opinion. And Kryx, you are doing amazing job mate!
steven S. said: I'm sorry if this has been asked before, or i am posting this in the wrong place (not much for posting on forums), but I want to know how to add great weapon fighting style to the sheet. specifically the rolls now that the damage dice are preset. typically I would us 2d6r&lt;2 and it would reroll the 1's and 2' automatically. How can i accomplish this now? The workaround I use for this is enable freeform and overwrite the damage sections so {{attack_damage= [[2d6ro&lt;2 + 3[str] ]]}} {{attack_damage_crit=[[2d6ro&lt;2]]}} in the freeform will work for a greatsword and its crit damage, just change the 3 to your str mod and add anything else needed. As linked above, the next version will deal with this with a roll modifiers section.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike said: I would suggest making the damage section one lines that reads "X damage on hit" instead of the current 2 line version with "Hit:" being above the damage. It's trivial, but anything to save vertical space is appreciated. Current example: &nbsp; Please open future suggestions on the issue tracker. The roll template's wording purposefully matches the sheet which matches the monster manual I presume the reason "Hit" is prefixed instead of added at the end is for attacks like the following: Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d6 + 5) bludgeoning damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 14 Constitution saving throw or become diseased. The disease has no effect for 1 minute and can be removed by any magic that cures disease. After 1 minute, the diseased creature's skin becomes translucent and slimy, the creature can't regain hit points unless it is underwater, and the disease can be removed only by heal or another disease-curing spell of 6th level or higher. When the creature is outside a body of water, it takes 6 (1d12) acid damage every 10 minutes unless moisture is applied to the skin before 10 minutes have passed. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) slashing damage plus 3 (1d6) acid damage. If the target is a Large or smaller creature, it is grappled (escape DC 13). Until this grapple ends, the ankheg can bite only the grappled creature and has advantage on attack rolls to do so. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 18 (4d6 + 4) bludgeoning damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 14 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. Mike said: - Cheers Mate! The new version is great! Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vanakoji said: The workaround I use for this is enable freeform and overwrite the damage sections so Thanks, I linked that reply on the issue as well.
Kryx said: Salicar said: Does 9.2 fix the spell import problem for the compendium? I'm unaware of such an issue. If it wasn't captured on my issue tracker then probably not. Added it to tracker with a pic. I maybe doing something wrong. Thanks.
Salicar said: Kryx said: Salicar said: Does 9.2 fix the spell import problem for the compendium? I'm unaware of such an issue. If it wasn't captured on my issue tracker then probably not. Added it to tracker with a pic. I maybe doing something wrong. Thanks. Looking at the image, its seems you are referring to spells not being imported when a NPC is imported. This has always been the case and is a limitation of roll20 at this time as far as I am aware. To repeat what I wrote above in a previous post Dragging from the SRD does not work for getting and filling in multiple entries so it can't fill in the stats, look at the spells, then import them as well so the shaped sheet does what it can and fills in the spell name to show you what you want to drag and drop for spells. Maybe someone else can give a better explanation but this exists for all sheets as it is a limitation of the compedium imports.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20 does not provide SRD access to sheet workers to pull the information to load those spells. You must do so manually or I think the script has some capability to do it automatically.
Vanakoji said: Salicar said: Kryx said: Salicar said: Does 9.2 fix the spell import problem for the compendium? I'm unaware of such an issue. If it wasn't captured on my issue tracker then probably not. Added it to tracker with a pic. I maybe doing something wrong. Thanks. Looking at the image, its seems you are referring to spells not being imported when a NPC is imported. This has always been the case and is a limitation of roll20 at this time as far as I am aware. To repeat what I wrote above in a previous post Dragging from the SRD does not work for getting and filling in multiple entries so it can't fill in the stats, look at the spells, then import them as well so the shaped sheet does what it can and fills in the spell name to show you what you want to drag and drop for spells. Maybe someone else can give a better explanation but this exists for all sheets as it is a limitation of the compedium imports. Ah didn't know it was a roll 20 issue. It worked in 7.0 so thought it was shaped issue. Well I'll pull spells for now. Its still better then SRD imo. thanks
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Salicar said: Ah didn't know it was a roll 20 issue. It worked in 7.0 so thought it was shaped issue. Well I'll pull spells for now. Its still better then SRD imo. If you have the companion script installed and all loaded up I think Lucian has some code to overwrite them with proper spells. That's probably what worked before.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Script 6.x includes a new command !shaped-expand-spells . If you run this with a token selected that represents a character, it will search for "empty" spells, such as those that result from dragging in from the compendium, and fill them out from any JSON database of spells that you may have installed. If you're using compendium drag to make your creatures, you almost certainly want a macro that does this + !shaped-apply-defaults
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucian said: If you're using compendium drag to make your creatures, you almost certainly want a macro that does this + !shaped-apply-defaults Can it not be done automatically?