Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: Lucian said: If you're using compendium drag to make your creatures, you almost certainly want a macro that does this + !shaped-apply-defaults Can it not be done automatically? Possibly. I'll look into that later and add an option if it looks feasible.
Great job on 9.2 Kryx (and Lucian on the script).  9.2 feels very responsive and the upgrade so far has gone pretty smoothly.  If testing continues to go well this morning, I may upgrade for the live game tonight to give the sheet and script a good workout.
I went into the test game because I am not PRO and want to see this new stuff! I used one of the empty character sheets and set up a 9th level fighter. I added armor but AC did not change. I can not reproduce the path on a new character because I am not PRO or DM of this game. Anyone else having an issue with AC on 9.2.0? Also, when I close and reopen the sheet in the game, thinking that might fix it, the sheet update came again but says 9.2.1. Maybe the test game is between versions? not an issue yet but making some inquiries whether others have checked. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
An empty character is a new character.

Edited 1487949667
I see the same behaviour on my test campaign - just added armour to an empty char! ac_armored_calc is 16 ac is 10 yet no AC listed Edit: Testing in Shaped Testing will log issue after that test Edit 2: logged as <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/293/adding-armor-does-not-update-ac-properly" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/293/adding-armor-does-not-update-ac-properly</a>
Lucian said: Script 6.x includes a new command !shaped-expand-spells . If you run this with a token selected that represents a character, it will search for "empty" spells, such as those that result from dragging in from the compendium, and fill them out from any JSON database of spells that you may have installed. If you're using compendium drag to make your creatures, you almost certainly want a macro that does this + !shaped-apply-defaults Thanks this helped a lot.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Since people will play tonight: Stable, but with&nbsp; minor bugs . 9.2.1 Bug Fixes #287: Ranger UA (2016) Natural Explorer #279: Add a way for legendary actions to be identified #176: Spell Macro always shows Spell Points #288: Ammo Field Replicating #281: Manually entered spells are moved to cantrips and sometimes duplicated on upgrade from 9.0.1 #214: Spells macro shows non-existing warlock slots #285: Firefox: Checkboxes for attacks, saving throws, heal, etc become centered when toggled
This has possibly been answered before, but is it necessary to copy and paste all three files (html, css, and translation) every time there is a new update, or just the html?
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gozer the Gozerian said: This has possibly been answered before, but is it necessary to copy and paste all three files (html, css, and translation) every time there is a new update, or just the html? Generally, everything, but translation and css will change less often. If you can remember the last time you pasted, you can look at the time of the last change displayed on Github.
Jim W. said: I see the same behaviour on my test campaign - just added armour to an empty char! ac_armored_calc is 16 ac is 10 yet no AC listed Edit: Testing in Shaped Testing will log issue after that test Edit 2: logged as <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/293/adding-armor-does-not-update-ac-properly" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/293/adding-armor-does-not-update-ac-properly</a> Thanks for checking and submitting the ticket! H
I might be overlooking something simple, but I'm using Shaped Sheet 9.2.1 and Companion Script 6.1.1 and I keep getting an error on my spells (The Character's name is Rufio): No attribute was found for @{Rufio|cast_as_level_1ST_LEVEL} This happened after I updated to the latest versions of both the sheet and the script. I tried deleting the spells and re-importing them via the Companion script and the error is still there. The spell works fine, but that error pops up each casting. This also shows up in the spell stat block in chat: Hunter's Mark 1st-level (as Rufio|cast_as_level_1ST_LEVEL) divination This happens with all spells I've tried.
DM_Steel said: I might be overlooking something simple, but I'm using Shaped Sheet 9.2.1 and Companion Script 6.1.1 and I keep getting an error on my spells (The Character's name is Rufio): No attribute was found for @{Rufio|cast_as_level_1ST_LEVEL} This happened after I updated to the latest versions of both the sheet and the script. I tried deleting the spells and re-importing them via the Companion script and the error is still there. The spell works fine, but that error pops up each casting. This also shows up in the spell stat block in chat: Hunter's Mark 1st-level (as Rufio|cast_as_level_1ST_LEVEL) divination This happens with all spells I've tried. I'm seeing it too. It appears that the roll template is referring to&nbsp;cast_as_level_1ST_LEVEL and higher_level_query_1ST_LEVEL while the attributes are&nbsp;higher_level_query_1 and&nbsp;cast_as_level_1. Might be an issue with missing lines in the translation file, not entirely sure. I have created issue&nbsp; #298 for this
HLazar said: Jim W. said: I see the same behaviour on my test campaign - just added armour to an empty char! ac_armored_calc is 16 ac is 10 yet no AC listed Edit: Testing in Shaped Testing will log issue after that test Edit 2: logged as <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/293/adding-armor-does-not-update-ac-properly" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/293/adding-armor-does-not-update-ac-properly</a> Thanks for checking and submitting the ticket! H and thanks to Mark [aka Kryx] for fixing it in latest test version!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
9.2.2 Bug Fixes #298: higher_level_query_1ST_LEVEL attribute not being created #292: Ankheg drag from SRD has no actions #296: Include identifier in roll template for repeated spells #293: Adding Armor does not update AC properly on PC
Is there a way to clear all fields of a sheet without deleting it?&nbsp;

Edited 1487976175
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Marcloure said: Is there a way to clear all fields of a sheet without deleting it?&nbsp; You can delete all the repeating rows, and then go to the attributes & abilities tab and delete all the attributes there manually. That's the best you can do without the API.
Just wondering, what is supposed to be in the field "Traits" that is not a Feat, a Class feature or a Racial feature? Anything else the DM comes up with? Boons, blesses, madness and permanent damage? Or is it about a more specific kind of trait?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
NPCs use it for their traits. PCs could use it for anything that isn't a racial feature, class feature, or a feat. My PCs will probably use it for my houserule traits (at the end of my&nbsp; houserule feats document )
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you have previously taken 9.2.2 please take it again to get the forced recalculation of all spells which fixes existing spells for&nbsp; #298: higher_level_query_1ST_LEVEL attribute not being created It was meant to be part of 9.2.2, but was overlooked.
Hope this doesn't sound like I'm trying to start a fight. Just an honest question. I've been away for a while. Are we nearing an end to major changes to the sheet? My game meets once a month and my players are about to lynch my on their spells breaking between games. :) Just curious. I'm wondering if I need to take the game off the published sheet so it stops updating.
Kryx said: If you have previously taken 9.2.2 please take it again to get the forced recalculation of all spells which fixes existing spells for&nbsp; #298: higher_level_query_1ST_LEVEL attribute not being created It was meant to be part of 9.2.2, but was overlooked. Is this version OK for a live game?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Stable, but with&nbsp; minor bugs . It is up to you to determine if you think it's stable enough. @Robert: I'd recommend Pro users to always use a custom sheet from my github. That gives you full control over when you want to update.
Sure. I'm starting to see that. :) How close do you think you are to feature-complete? Second question. I've been out of the testing loop since my main D&D campaign ended. Looks like we might have taken a step backward on some of the more complicated monsters on the newer sheets (Dragons and Vampire didn't seem to import well from the new monster manual). Do you have people reporting bugs on that or do I need to track that down and give you a report in the reporting tool? Sorry for being so behind on the thread. I want to be helpful, I just don't have time to read the backlog.

Edited 1488037249
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert D. said: How close do you think you are to feature-complete? There is likely never a point where this sheet will be feature complete. There is always something to do. Robert D. said: Looks like we might have taken a step backward on some of the more complicated monsters on the newer sheets (Dragons and Vampire didn't seem to import well from the new monster manual). Do you have people reporting bugs on that or do I need to track that down and give you a report in the reporting tool? Since you're Pro make sure to use the latest version. You can also test on my test campaign. I'm unaware of any issues with dragons or vampires - I regularly use Ancient Black Dragon from the SRD. Though perhaps there is an issue in Roll20's MM formatting. If you're experiencing an issue I'll need an issue on my tracker with all the necessary details (specified when you open an issue).

Edited 1488045694
Robert D.
Sheet Author
Cool. I'll retest tonight after my game and write up any issue if the bugs I saw were real and not flukes.
Hey. So with all these updates to the sheet. None of my saving throws work. Every monster or PC who was created before the recent updates, when they save, adds the stat in twice. To fix it, I have to go in and toggle and untoggle every save. Anyone seen this and have a better fix. I have HUNDREDS of broken monsters. Also, I have duplicates, for organizational reasons, and that fix doesn't work if there are two monsters with the same name. Anyway, I'm hoping there's an easier fix than manually spending dozens and dozens of hours correcting them all. I already have to do that with every attack and spell. :(

Edited 1488061949
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert D. said: Hey. So with all these updates to the sheet. None of my saving throws work. Every monster or PC who was created before the recent updates, when they save, adds the stat in twice. To fix it, I have to go in and toggle and untoggle every save. Anyone seen this and have a better fix. I have HUNDREDS of broken monsters. Also, I have duplicates, for organizational reasons, and that fix doesn't work if there are two monsters with the same name. Anyway, I'm hoping there's an easier fix than manually spending dozens and dozens of hours correcting them all. I already have to do that with every attack and spell. :( I'm not 100% sure what exactly forces a recalculation of saving throw, but does changing the stat work? If so, I recommend using the newest version of ChatSetAttr with sheet workers enabled (it's the default) and a command like&nbsp; !modattr --all --strength|2 - wait until it finishes, then !modattr --all --strength|-2 Do this for every ability score. That should do the trick. EDIT: Also, save an unopened character in the vault for debugging purposes. EDIT2: You should really upgrade your monsters before you do this. And talking about upgrading, have you tried installing 9.2.3 in your campaign? It takes care of a lot of the upgrade issues. It won't help for monsters which you have already openend, but... - it might even solve your saves issue. If it does not, perhaps with an unopened test case it can be debugged before you upgrade even more characters.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Since you're Pro make sure to use the latest version. Sounds like you didn't do this. :(
No, I haven't had a chance to read the thread. There's something like fifteen hours of back reading. :) I'm on the published sheet. Is that a known bug? I appologize if these are annoying questions. Normally I'd do a LITTLE research, but I'm litterally mid game. :)
In the past, using the latest version of the sheet has been DISASTEROUS&nbsp;to my live games. I avoid it for anything but testing.
BTW, not complaining, just talking fast while players are takng their turns. :)

Edited 1488066867
I'm getting an error. I'm getting an error with Custom Skills. (I've added toolkits for the players) but each time I create a new skill, it defaults such to an Attribute (STR) and will not allow me to change that to No Defined Stat.
We're playing a game right now and have had numerous issues and problems with the sheet update. All of my character's weapon attacks were broken upon the update, and I had to rebuild them by dragging and dropping from the compendium. We have strange text and characters being dumped as part of sheet output as well. As an example, the heading for a Perception check is showing "Perception (^{})" in the template. Also, another player has a list of spells, but they're all empty. We've got a real mess here, unfortunately. Roll20 really needs to provide a way to prevent updates to character sheets. Yes, you can do it when you create a new game by creating a custom sheet and copying a stable version of the sheet code to it, but there's nothing we can do in our case with our existing game.

Edited 1488073421
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Robert and Greg: You're Pro members so you can have full control over the version of your character sheet. Take advantage of it! Use a custom sheet to give you full control over when to upgrade. If you didn't do that and are forced onto a new version I definitely wouldn't recommend playing a game without testing the results.&nbsp;If you've broken sheets I'd recommend using roll20's new feature to roll your campaign back to before that point and to try 9.2.2 instead. 9.0.1 was heavily tested, but there was some niche scenarios that came up for several users. Those scenarios were quite bad in that they broke the upgrade. If you encounter those scenarios I would recommend against opening multiple NPC sheets - causing them to upgrade and potentially break depending on the issue. If you're experiencing the spell attack which causes upgrade issues in 9.0.1 then 9.2.2 is probably more stable at this point. If you experiencing a different issue then please search the issue tracker to see if it's ben solved and report it if it hasn't been. Please add steps to reproduce (likely means importing a non-upgraded sheet to my test campaign). ====== @Modnar: I've never seen this issue. The example you show is likely a bug that was solved where, but the best way to be sure is to test on 9.2.2 by importing the un-converted sheet there.
Well, I'm not sure what kind of niche scenario could have been involved in our case. As far as I know, our GM has not done any customization and does not use any macros or anything other than a simple macro for a healing potion, and that's separate from the sheet. I'm not the GM, so I have no control over whether we use a custom sheet, and it's too late to configure that now. So we're pretty much helpless, but I don't think we're in a niche scenario. I would say we're in the default. We're only using the sheet and nothing else. As players, we can't always rely on the GM to anticipate and prevent issues from happening. Not everyone is a Pro or advanced user. That's why Roll20 needs a setting to turn off automatic updates without requiring that GM's have a pro account or use a custom sheet. As soon as you start requiring GMs to copy code and customize things, it's not ideal. As far as steps to reproduce it, the only thing that happened is that the sheet was automatically upgraded and a number of things were suddenly broken. We signed on, started playing, and we quickly encountered these problems. Weapon attacks are empty on at least one sheet and possibly all of them (we haven't had combat yet, so I can't be sure). Spells are empty for at least one player and maybe more. Strange characters are being sent with the sheet output. I wouldn't even know what else to report at this stage.

Edited 1488074268
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Greg said: So we're pretty much helpless, but I don't think we're in a niche scenario. Your GM can roll back the data using roll20's new feature as I mention above. If you're experiencing major issues then 9.2.2 is a better option. The majority of regular users of the sheet are not experiencing major issues. I'm not trying to diminish the issues you're experiencing as several others experienced them as well, but I'm clarifying the state of the 9.0.1. 9.0.1 works for every person involved in the 9.0.1 testing period. The issues that are currently there were not discovered in the testing period. ==== I've asked roll20 to deliver version control, they are unlikely to deliver so your GM will have to control it himself or have no control - those are the options roll20 provides. === Greg said: As far as steps to reproduce it, the only thing that happened is that the sheet was automatically upgraded and a number of things were suddenly broken. We signed on, started playing, and we quickly encountered these problems. Weapon attacks are empty on at least one sheet and possibly all of them (we haven't had combat yet, so I can't be sure). Spells are empty for at least one player and maybe more. Strange characters are being sent with the sheet output. I wouldn't even know what else to report at this stage. If your goal is solutions then I'd firstly recommend to roll back your data, use 9.2.2, and then report any issues to my issue tracker. Everything else has no actionable items for me to solve.
I'll see if he's able and willing to do that. How should he switch the sheet back to 9.2.2? To my knowledge, you can't change sheets after you've created a game without potentially breaking all existing sheets and character/NPC/monster data in the game.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Upgrading to a newer version of the same sheet will not cause problems. Switching to an entirely different sheet or downgrading will. Instructions for using a custom sheet are in the OP.
I hate to ask...but can someone tell me how to tell if Jack of All Trades is working correctly? I mean, it doesn't look like it...but I'm not entirely certain the best way to troubleshoot and figure it out. Using 9.22 and 6.11 script

Edited 1488105579
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Steps to see Jack of All Trades: Create a new character Notice how all ability checks and skills are set to +0 in the left column Toggle on Bard -&gt; Jack of All Trades Notice how all ability checks and skills are set to +1 in the left column It also applies to Initiative.

Edited 1488108148
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
9.2.3 Bug Fixes #303: 9.2.2 - Unarmored AC not calculating correctly . I believe this also closes #300: DC displayed incorrectly for some monster actions , but will need Miodziek to verify when I release. #304: Jack of all Trades and Remarkable Athlete not applying correctly #307: Hit die roll should have a minimum of zero #308: Roll template is omitting uses when it's zero #305: Characters with custom classes lose hit dice 9.0.1 -&gt; 9.2.3 #306: Add "process spell slots automatically" option #284: Warlock spells require casting level choice This version is stable enough for me to put it on my main campaign. Probably some more minor versions to follow over the next few days.
Zym
Sheet Author
Thanks, I'll be running both the updated sheet and updated companion in my game. I have a few hours to test without having the prepare for the game, so I will be reporting things today. (If there is anything I can report) Some of the reports may be trivial.

Edited 1488129664
I just upgraded to the newest sheet to test it out and I received the below errors for the API's. &nbsp;The only one changed was the Shaped companion script and the custom sheet. &nbsp;I deleted each inidividually to see if it was any one particular script that was creating issues, but it was inconclusive. Script Library G TokenMod G TokenNameNumber G GroupInitiative spell data sword coast Turn Marker blood splatter Health Tracker Shaped companion script 6.4.1 monsterdata Yuan-ti Abom actions G Vector Math G MatrixMath G Path Math G Token Collisions G HTML Builder G It's a Trap! G It's a Trap! - D&D 5E Shaped theme New Script Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again. More info... For reference, the error message generated was: TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined at Object.versionCompare (apiscript.js:6967:21) at apiscript.js:5039:16 at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:2134:5 at Function._.each._.forEach (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:153:9) at handleSheetWorkerComplete (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:2133:5) at later [as _onTimeout] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:828:25) at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:92:15)

Edited 1488130354
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The script is a separate project that has its own thread:&nbsp; 5e Shaped Companion v6+ Please post script issues there or on Lucian's tracker:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-scripts" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-scripts</a>...
My latest plan is once 9.x stabilizes (to the point of 7.12), I'll switch to a custom version of the sheet, so it doesn't manually update. Then I can help test new stuff on the test server until v10x is at the same point. Wash, rinse, repeat. One question though: is it possible to switch back from custom to Roll20 version of a sheet, or is it forever manually after you go that route? Thanks.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheWebCoder said: My latest plan is once 9.x stabilizes (to the point of 7.12), I'll switch to a custom version of the sheet, so it doesn't manually update. Then I can help test new stuff on the test server until v10x is at the same point. Wash, rinse, repeat. Testing on the stable version has little value for me beyond making it more stable. Generally unless the issue is major I don't resolve it on that version, but resolve it on the latest version to prevent new bugs. Often users on stable will report issues that are already resolved in the current code. So I'll always ask that you verify on the latest code before reporting issues from stable. TheWebCoder said: One question though: is it possible to switch back from custom to Roll20 version of a sheet, or is it forever manually after you go that route? You can switch to any version that is equal to or greater than your current version. It doesn't matter if it's hosted by Roll20 or if you've installed it yourself.
I just updated to Sheet 9.2.3 and there's lots of red - haven't seen this happen for while. &nbsp;Is this expected? &nbsp;Is there anything I can do to fix the colors?

Edited 1488134120
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
bgb said: I just updated to Sheet 9.2.3 and there's lots of red - haven't seen this happen for while. &nbsp;Is this expected? &nbsp;Is there anything I can do to fix the colors? See the instructions in the OP. You've missed the translation file.
Kryx said: See the instructions in the OP. You've missed the translation file. &lt;hangs head in shame&gt; &nbsp;I hate it when I forget to read all the instructions. &nbsp;Thanks.

Edited 1488148823
Kryx said: TheWebCoder said: My latest plan is once 9.x stabilizes (to the point of 7.12), I'll switch to a custom version of the sheet, so it doesn't manually update. Then I can help test new stuff on the test server until v10x is at the same point. Wash, rinse, repeat. Testing on the stable version has little value for me beyond making it more stable. Generally unless the issue is major I don't resolve it on that version, but resolve it on the latest version to prevent new bugs. I think you misunderstood me? I'll still help test whatever version you're testing on your test server, while only updating my personal campaign when each major version stabilizes. This is also a recommendation to fellow DMs with Pro account and players who don't like unexpected changes.