Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Kryx said: Steps to see Jack of All Trades: Create a new character Notice how all ability checks and skills are set to +0 in the left column Toggle on Bard -> Jack of All Trades Notice how all ability checks and skills are set to +1 in the left column It also applies to Initiative. Thanks. I did exactly this, but it didn't show up as working as you explained in the example. Then I just said screw it and updated to 9.2.3 and script 6.4.2 and it now worked for me exactly like you explained and it's working in the existing sheet as well. I've had some lag with some sheets since updating from 9.0.1 to 9.2.2 at least. When you first pull up a character sheet there is a Bio and Info tab, that says, "Loading..." and it takes 15 to 20 seconds to load, depending on the player in question. Can you tell me if that's expected behavior? It wasn't doing it before, and I've been asked. And our Cleric said after she put her spells on her character sheet, it takes forever to load up, so she has to just show them by level or the sheet gets really laggy. We do have last pass and we have disabled it along with other plugins and this has helped. Any suggestions? Appreciate all your time and effort and work. (you and Lucian and those who help with documentation and such). Top notch. thanks again.
Thanatos I. said: And our Cleric said after she put her spells on her character sheet, it takes forever to load up, so she has to just show them by level or the sheet gets really laggy. This is a known limitation - in that a cleric of even medium levels has far too many spells available for them all to be included in full detail on the sheet. It's more of a Roll20 design limit that specific to shaped I think.

Edited 1488139180
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanatos I. said: I've had some lag with some sheets since updating from 9.0.1 to 9.2.2 at least. When you first pull up a character sheet there is a Bio and Info tab, that says, "Loading..." and it takes 15 to 20 seconds to load, depending on the player in question. Can you tell me if that's expected behavior? It wasn't doing it before, and I've been asked. A large upgrade can take some time to load. An upgrade from 6.5.1 with ~30 spells takes about 20 seconds to fully complete in my experience. It was taking far longer for big upgrades before (about twice as long). Thanatos I. said: And our Cleric said after she put her spells on her character sheet, it takes forever to load up, so she has to just show them by level or the sheet gets really laggy. You should definitely not import all spells for a cleric or you will experience the lag that your player is experiencing. This is true on my sheet, the OGL sheet, or the pathfinder sheet. This is a limitation of roll20. Thanatos I. said: Appreciate all your time and effort and work. (you and Lucian and those who help with documentation and such). Top notch. thanks again. Thanks! I'm glad you guys enjoy it! :)
I had a game today, and everything (except a script issue that has already been fixed) worked perfectly. We had no issues with the sheet during play today. Thanks for your time, both Kryx and Lucian :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Great to hear! Thanks for sharing the current state.
Is there a way with the Shaped Sheet (or with the companion script) to add the effect of warlock invocations -- in particular agonizing blast?  I know it can be done by manually editing the macro that results when you use eldritch blast.  I was just wondering if it is build into the sheet somewhere and I've missed it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The best way to add RAW Agonizing Blast is just to add your Charisma modifer to Eldritch Blast.
And, btw, after playing a game today with the normal OGL sheet, I truly appreciate all the work that's gone into making this sheet as good as it is.  There is true wizardry happening behind the scenes here.  Thanks!
Kryx said: The best way to add RAW Agonizing Blast is just to add your Charisma modifer to Eldritch Blast. Understood, thanks.
So I upgraded the sheet to 9.2.3 today and noticed that not all of the items in 'Features & Traits' section are showing up when 'edit' is off. Plus they seem to be showing in the wrong area. Seems like the only stuff inside 'Traits' is showing up when 'edit' is off. Am I missing a toggle to show what's in 'Class Features'? 

Edited 1488155820
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please follow the instructions for reporting issues on the OP of this thread. This thread is not the place to do so. You'll find&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/323/monk-traits-not-showing" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/323/monk-traits-not-showing</a> there. Please read the comments and upload your character to the test campaign.

Edited 1488156608
I just didn't know if it is a bug or not. So with your answer there is NOT a toggle I'm missing then? So I should just start ignoring this thread then and post all questions to bitbucket then? NVM. I'll chck bitbucket. I'm going senile in my old age. sheesh.
Kryx said: Thanatos I. said: I've had some lag with some sheets since updating from 9.0.1 to 9.2.2 at least. When you first pull up a character sheet there is a Bio and Info tab, that says, "Loading..." and it takes 15 to 20 seconds to load, depending on the player in question. Can you tell me if that's expected behavior? It wasn't doing it before, and I've been asked. A large upgrade can take some time to load. An upgrade from 6.5.1 with ~30 spells takes about 20 seconds to fully complete in my experience. It was taking far longer for big upgrades before (about twice as long). Thanatos I. said: And our Cleric said after she put her spells on her character sheet, it takes forever to load up, so she has to just show them by level or the sheet gets really laggy. You should definitely not import all spells for a cleric or you will experience the lag that your player is experiencing. This is true on my sheet, the OGL sheet, or the pathfinder sheet. This is a limitation of roll20. Thanatos I. said: Appreciate all your time and effort and work. (you and Lucian and those who help with documentation and such). Top notch. thanks again. Thanks! I'm glad you guys enjoy it! :) The sheets are all upgraded now, but even still, sometimes when opening them, I get the "loading..." and only once it's done can we switch tabs or do anything with the sheets. Not a big complaint or anything, just curious if that might be normal. She doesn't have all the Cleric Spells...about 20 or so. But I do understand it's a limitation of Roll 20. We compared opening spell caster sheets to non-spell caster ones and the spell caster sheets definitely open slower.
Dvergr76 said: So I upgraded the sheet to 9.2.3 today and noticed that not all of the items in 'Features & Traits' section are showing up when 'edit' is off.&nbsp; I saw this in my game. I found that if we toggled the gear/cog icon on/off on each of the abilities, they would show up once edit was turned off.
Eric J. said: Dvergr76 said: So I upgraded the sheet to 9.2.3 today and noticed that not all of the items in 'Features & Traits' section are showing up when 'edit' is off.&nbsp; I saw this in my game. I found that if we toggled the gear/cog icon on/off on each of the abilities, they would show up once edit was turned off. Somone on his bitbucket found out you could add in a feature manually and turn 'edit' off they will show up. Then you can delete the fluffer feature.
Zym
Sheet Author
Yeah add your class at the required level try then it will repopulate traits. Delete a duplicate class if you now have two of the same. Quick fix, not sure how stable it is but seemed okay for me.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanatos I. said: The sheets are all upgraded now, but even still, sometimes when opening them, I get the "loading..." and only once it's done can we switch tabs or do anything with the sheets. Not a big complaint or anything, just curious if that might be normal. The upgrade should only show if there is an upgrade to process. So if you're experiencing a case where the upgrade is running on every sheet open please open an issue with reproduction steps (will likely require a character to be imported to my test campaign). Alexander said: Yeah add your class at the required level try then it will repopulate traits. Delete a duplicate class if you now have two of the same. Quick fix, not sure how stable it is but seemed okay for me. If you need to recalculate classes then the best way to force the recalculation is to lower the level by 1 and then increase it. But it sounds like there is some bug where class features are not showing on upgrade. I'll work through that on the issue on my tracker.
Kryx said: Thanatos I. said: The sheets are all upgraded now, but even still, sometimes when opening them, I get the "loading..." and only once it's done can we switch tabs or do anything with the sheets. Not a big complaint or anything, just curious if that might be normal. The upgrade should only show if there is an upgrade to process. So if you're experiencing a case where the upgrade is running on every sheet open please open an issue with reproduction steps (will likely require a character to be imported to my test campaign). It doesn't show the upgrade process running...it just shows "loading..." on the Bio/Info page and then after a 15+ seconds it loads up the information on the bio and we can click to the character sheet tab and such. I'll try a few more things tonight and if I can't make any headway and better document what I did/tested and open an issue if it remains persistent. thanks.
Thanatos I. said: Kryx said: Thanatos I. said: The sheets are all upgraded now, but even still, sometimes when opening them, I get the "loading..." and only once it's done can we switch tabs or do anything with the sheets. Not a big complaint or anything, just curious if that might be normal. The upgrade should only show if there is an upgrade to process. So if you're experiencing a case where the upgrade is running on every sheet open please open an issue with reproduction steps (will likely require a character to be imported to my test campaign). It doesn't show the upgrade process running...it just shows "loading..." on the Bio/Info page and then after a 15+ seconds it loads up the information on the bio and we can click to the character sheet tab and such. I'll try a few more things tonight and if I can't make any headway and better document what I did/tested and open an issue if it remains persistent. thanks. You mentioned that you have LastPass. This is what is causing the long load times. It does the same for me when I have the plugin active. A thread is up on the LastPass forums, but the developers haven't replied to it. To get around it, either use a different browser for Roll20, or disable LastPass for Chrome before you fire up Roll20.
I get this behaviour all the time (and have been since waaaay back) with the first opening of a character with more than a few spells although never 15+seconds. In general, &lt;4 seconds whether it is the first opening or subsequent openings between browser refreshes. &nbsp;In Chrome, if I have the jukebox playing it will even pause the jukebox. I don't have extensions but I do have Antivirus running (a necessity).&nbsp; Kryx has warned about too many spells on the sheets. But he has improved the speed for sure.
To get around it, either use a different browser for Roll20, or disable LastPass for Chrome before you fire up Roll20. The easiest way to avoid LastPass trouble is to open a tab in pn0y mode, Ctrl-Shift-N, also known as "Incognito mode". That way, no plugins are loaded. That does interfere with CSS hiding of text via shaped/plugin, if that's what you're doing. In that case your best bet might be to just not use Chrome for roll20. Firefox works well. Edge -- works (for shaped) but is a pain.

Edited 1488235572
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
I keep getting this error when I start up the API. This is in the API box/thing: "5eShapedCompanion 1488226325250 INFO : Detected sheet version as : undefined" Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 849 translation strings to worker..." "-=&gt; Bump v0.2.10 &lt;=- &nbsp;[Wed Mar 09 2016 22:38:03 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TokenNameNumber v0.5.9 &lt;=- &nbsp;[Wed Mar 09 2016 22:41:32 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "5eShapedCompanion 1488226737884 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScripts v7.0.0 &lt;=-" "ERROR: You cannot set the imgsrc or avatar of an object unless you use an image that is in your Roll20 Library. See the API documentation for more info." "ERROR: You cannot set the imgsrc or avatar of an object unless you use an image that is in your Roll20 Library. See the API documentation for more info." "Error: No attribute or sheet field found for character_id -Ke0DSvQv41h0Y5omE24 named version" "5eShapedCompanion 1488226740149 INFO : Detected sheet version as : undefined This is the game chat:&nbsp;

Edited 1488227557
I posted similar error in the script thread&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4683557/5e-shaped-companion-v6-plus/?pageforid=4701408#post-4701408" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4683557/5e-shaped-companion-v6-plus/?pageforid=4701408#post-4701408</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please keep all script issues to the script thread:&nbsp; 5e Shaped Companion v6+
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
10.0.0 Breaking Changes #326: Rename "Racial Features" to "Racial Traits" . An upgrade is included so all items should be moved over to the new section if any were created after 9.1.0 Removed "weight_multiplier" and "encumbrance_multiplier" in favor of just using the 4 multipliers: "carrying_capacity_multiplier", "max_push_drag_lift_multiplier", "encumbered_multiplier", "heavily_encumbered_multiplier". Bug Fixes #243: Long trait name use count is outside brackets . This required a change to how white spaces are compiled. They are now manually added so please let me know if I've missed any areas. #317: HP posted in chat has the wrong font-size #323: Class Features not showing in presentation mode after an upgrades
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Congrats on version 10!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
10.0.0 will likely be the version I push to Roll20 next week if it is sufficiently tested. If you upgrade from 9.0.1 and have success please post a brief post in the following tasks: #322: 9.0.1 - 10.0.x PC testing #321: 9.0.1 - 10.0.x NPC testing If you encounter an issue please search through the issues and then open an issue if it does not exist. I will only push 10.0.x to Roll20 if it is sufficiently tested so if you are a pro user and want to see it live then you should become involved in the testing.

Edited 1488230600
Salicar said: Can anyone tell me how to Add sneakattack/Divine smite or repeat to the bottom of a Melee attack? Saw it on another post I think its done with this script. Like this @Salicar - from this thread ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4701445/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4701445/</a> ) Hey there, I found the documentation to be a little confusing (and I am not blaming the documentation writer, I am positive it is a failure on my part to really understand how it all works) So here's my experience. You get the codes to write it all out from the 3rd tab on the character sheet, attributes and abilities. You have to look through the little boxes to find the class features, traits, attacks or spells for whatever you want to link. Bear in mind, the boxes are small and so I kept a notepad to copy and paste into. When I found the right section, I'd copy and paste it in there so I could copy out the little bit I needed. You can do this with freetext or the freeform. You also have the attacher's at the bottom. Another head's up is that for me, the global attacher was over-written by the one I put on the weapon/attack. I used free form and here was the code Iused: {{text_center=[Divine Smite](~NAME|repeating_spell1_-kdt7xda2hmyvql9h1rv_spell),[Thunderous Smite](~NAME|repeating_spell1_-kdsl92x8ys9kz20cgmb_spell) [Hunter's Mark](~NAME|repeating_spell1_-kdsmzv9zfsgogigc11k_spell) or [Branding Smite](~NAME|repeating_spell2_-kdsoczoowrzraww7jlp_spell)}} FYI...NAME was the actual character's name, not the word "NAME". I found using Divine Smite under traits did not automatically subtract a spell slot, so I created a spell called Divine Smite and copied the formulas out of the trait and put ti in the spell and put a note in the Freetext that this was a CLASS FEATURE and did not cost an action. So then, it would appropriately use spell slots when my player's paladin used it. Finally I also included the spells thunderous Smite and Branding Smite in case she wanted to use one of those instead of Hunter's Mark. Also for hunter's mark, I created a Cantrip that I called "Hunter's Mark Repeating Damage" and all it did was roll some damage for her reoccurring Hunter's Mark (which I know pressing the repeat link works, but sometime's it has scrolled far, far off the screen and it was quicker to make her a cantrip to do it) so the number between "repeating" and "spell" or "action" or "trait" (if you use a class feature or trait) will be different for you than mine are. I found my players really like the whole attacher's thing and I really hope that helps you out. I'm not a coder and not very experienced with roll 20 when it coms to this and such so a lot of documentation goes over my head...:) fortunately, I'm OK at winging it to make something work. This was using 9.2.3 and 6.4.5. We had no problems in play with any of it.
Thanks for this

Edited 1488231937
alexander h. said: You mentioned that you have LastPass. This is what is causing the long load times. It does the same for me when I have the plugin active. A thread is up on the LastPass forums, but the developers haven't replied to it. To get around it, either use a different browser for Roll20, or disable LastPass for Chrome before you fire up Roll20. We disabled the plugin, closed our browsers and reopened then and then logged into our game (3 of us use last pass), we've been doing this awhile now so we know it's a problem. I mentioned it just to make sure I made it clear, we were aware of this issue and were working around it :) Salicar said: Thanks for this My pleasure!

Edited 1488232788
I am using the current "stable" sheet. And it appears that the revert advantage option is broken. Apologies if this is already a known issue. If it is, is there a version of the sheet that has it fixed I can manually upgrade to?

Edited 1488233215
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi David, All issues need to be posted to the issue tracker, see the OP. On the issue tracker you'll see a reference to the script's issue tracker where such an issue belongs. All issues on the "stable" release need to be reproduced on the latest code. See the OP for the test campaign if you don't want to create your own campaign. If you want to manually upgrade version 10.0.0 is on my main campaign and I consider it rather stable, but not fully tested yet. OP has instructions.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
10.0.1 Bug Fixes Minor spacing fixes based on how the html is compiled as part of 10.0.0 Converting from ft. to m. no longer adds two periods at the end. @Silvyre: thanks for the congratulations, though the version is only increasing in number rapidly due to&nbsp; semantic versioning .
Kryx said: Please keep all script issues to the script thread:&nbsp; 5e Shaped Companion v6+ Dunno if its a script issue or a sheet issue, honestly. &nbsp;But, right. &nbsp;Posted there.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anything involving the API is the script.

Edited 1488301727
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ChaosCowboy said: I'll use the ogl compatable sheets. I'm unsure why you felt the need to tell me that you don't like the sheet.. If you don't like it then don't use it. Note to others: the Shaped sheet converts OGL structured content (Monster Manual, Volos, etc).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
10.1.0 Features Added "Powerful Build" as a racial trait. Closes #331: Change to encumbrance multiplier Bug Fixes #333: NPC actions with "plus" damage do not set plus toggle #290: Adding bonus damage to hit updates saving throw average damage #329: Racial Features -&gt; Racial Traits upgrade fails #327: NPC spellcasting Upgrade
hey hey and thank you for the rapid code movement! [...] edited as already fixed
How do you reroll 1's and 2's from GWF Fighting Style?

Edited 1488389716
Tommy H. said: How do you reroll 1's and 2's from GWF Fighting Style? [[1d10ro&lt;2]] <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Rerolling_Dice" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Rerolling_Dice</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
He means on the Shaped sheet. There is a fix for that in the coming 10.1.0 which may go out this next week. Above you'll find Vanakoji's workaround if you're in 9.0.1.

Edited 1488391344
Hey Kryx, Apologies as I haven't had an extensive amount of time to test out the sheet, but I was looking around on it today and I'm not seeing a way to disable automatically rolling damage for spells/attacks on the PC character sheets. Some of my players don't like seeing the damage on an attack if they're going to miss as they feel it "wastes" the rolls (I know this is just superstition, but you get my point). They also like the ability to re-roll the damage at-will without having to roll a new attack. Is this left out intentionally or am I missing something obvious?
Some of my players don't like seeing the damage on an attack if they're going to miss as they feel it "wastes" the rolls (I know this is just superstition, but you get my point). Is this left out intentionally or am I missing something obvious? That's pretty funny. I've had similar ideas from players who think they are "due" a crit because they haven't seen one in a while. I haven't come up with a good analogy yet to rid them of that notion. Mostly I'm just telling them that the die has no knowledge of the previous roll, it's always exactly a 1-in-20 chance to get any one number (for a D20).

Edited 1488394117
Vanakoji
KS Backer
I play with a group that wish for the click for damage not because a roll feels wasted, but to better deal with abilities like counterspell and other similar reaction type things. There is a sort of disconnect there for them as they want abilties to resolve before the damage is shown (so you can't say "I do X because its going to deal a lot of damage) but want also want all rolls public so hide damage doesn't appeal to them and in the case of attacks, the attack roll needs to be shown. If I DM for a character with such abilties I usually work around it with hide or other tricks but for the people who want public rolls I can see a desire for the damage on click like the OGL sheet since it is the only feature that comes to mind that is not on the shaped sheet. Personally, I have gotten use to it and it would fall into "nice to have option, but not worried if it doesn't appear" mindset partly do to being use to working around it and I remember there was some reasoning for not having it way back in like pre-release version or something.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It was previously left out purposefully as I didn't see the use case and no one requested it during the initial rewrite (version 2). I've since understood the use case due to features like the shield spell or uncanny dodge. Hide damage does it OK, but I'd probably choose to show all damage if I can put damage behind a click and just hide the additional info like save DCs and effects on hit. Could you open a suggestion?

Edited 1488395901
Vanakoji
KS Backer
Kryx said: It was previously left out purposefully as I didn't see the use case and no one requested it during the initial rewrite (version 2). I've since understood the use case due to features like the shield spell or uncanny dodge. Hide damage does it OK, but I'd probably choose to show all damage if I can put damage behind a click and just hide the additional info like save DCs and effects on hit. Could you open a suggestion? Sure, added propoasl <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/338/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/338/</a>...
Kryx said: I've since understood the use case due to features like the shield spell or uncanny dodge. Hide damage does it OK, but I'd probably choose to show all damage if I can put damage behind a click and just hide the additional info like save DCs and effects on hit. . +1 &nbsp;Looking forward to this.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ken M. said: . +1 &nbsp;Looking forward to this. The issue tracker has the ability to add a +1 by voting on a suggestion. The votes do weigh in to my prioritization.
Four days and like eight hours of reading later (I skipped most posts that weren't Kryx), I've caught up on this thread. Whew! Hi, all! I'm back.