Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Man. That is night and day from the experience I had on Saturday. Good work.
@Kryx does the NPC form of the sheet have a passive perception attribute on it? referencing perception_passive works for regular PCs but i'm getting attribute not found with an NPC and passive skills are enabled
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@{perception_passive} exists for npcs if you turn on the "show_passive_skills" setting. If you want it to show on the sheet, you used to be able to type in the senses box. If you want it shown on the NPC sheet then feel free to open a suggestion on my tracker.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
10.1.0 release As mentioned above 10.1.x is likely to release to roll20 this next week. You have several days to test your upgrades on the test campaign. Once 10.1.0 goes live my ability to fix bugs is delayed by a week at minimum so I'd highly recommend testing now .

Edited 1488468081
I was wondering if it is possible to somehow add an option to the sheet where if you press a link while holding down e.g. the SHIFT key it would display the output as during /talktomyself aka only to the player himself.  Not sure if this is possible at all or if I'm the only one seeing a use for it, but both me and my players use the /talktomyself command in regards to spells and attacks quite often - sometimes just to confirm something is setup correctly or to see the spell without expanding and compacting the sheet, in case they decide to use it later on. At the moment I have added a makro button they can press to toggle it on and off - but sometimes they forget to turn it off, and then get frustrated when they "waste" that perfect 20 on their next roll.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Gediablo: the sheet has no access to the keyboard or anything of the sort. You'll have to request such functionality from Roll20.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
10.1.1 Bug Fixes Show arithmetic sign for initiatives of "0". "+0" is the result for 0 now. Added "character_sheet" field which will help API authors identify the sheet. It'll follow the format Aaron and I agreed on: "Shaped v10.1.1". Version will still exist. See Aaron's post on the topic . Changed how "initiative_formula" is stored so it can be used for scripts like Group Initiative. See the documentation for how to set this up properly.
I know it has to be in the documentation but I am having trouble finding it- what does checking dice modifiers in the setting section do?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Allows you to enter "ro<2" or similar syntax to modify dice.
Thanks!
The new group initiative function isn't working for me. I set it up according to the docs you linked, use group-init 0.9.23, and when I run !group-init on a bunch of tokens, they all come in as "0". As well, the group is empty. Wait a minute, I think that's the clue right there. Instead of !group-init --add-group initiative_formula It should probably be !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_formula However, if I do that and run !group-init, whether with 0.9.22 or 0.9.23, the API stops with: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "s" found. undefined I'm not sure whether that's a shaped or a groupinit issue.

Edited 1488531351
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
"--bare" is correct and I updated the documentation to say so. It worked for Aaron and I on my test campaign, but he may have uploaded a new version there. I'll test tonight.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: 10.1.0 release As mentioned above 10.1.x is likely to release to roll20 this next week. You have several days to test your upgrades on the test campaign. Once 10.1.0 goes live my ability to fix bugs is delayed by a week at minimum so I'd highly recommend testing now . 10.1.1 has been pushed to Roll20. It will be released next week. I reiterate the above message: I you want to ensure everything transitions well then please test it now on the test campaign or on your own campaign. I'll likely close another minor bug or two before then, but the code will have no major changes between now and the release.
I'll be checking more over the weekend, but the campaigns I've updated so far look good. I'll know more after tonight and Sunday.
To help add some of the UA or archetypes. If there a format we could use to help you out? I guess the same would go for 3rd party classes. I don't know how much you want to add directly to the sheet.

Edited 1488560615
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Class Format: artificer: { 1: ['MAGIC_ITEM_ANALYSIS'], 2: ['TOOL_EXPERTISE', 'WONDROUS_INVENTION'], 4: ['INFUSE_MAGIC'], 5: ['SUPERIOR_ATTUNEMENT'], 6: ['MECHANICAL_SERVANT'], 20: ['SOUL_OF_ARTIFICE'], }, "CLASS_FEATURE_ARTIFICER_MAGIC_ITEM_ANALYSIS":"Magic Item Analysis", "CLASS_FEATURE_ARTIFICER_MAGIC_ITEM_ANALYSIS_TEXT":"Your understanding of magic items allows you to analyze and understand their secrets. You know the artificer spells detect magic and identify, and you can cast them as rituals. You don't need to provide a material component when casting identify with this class feature.", "CLASS_FEATURE_ARTIFICER_TOOL_EXPERTISE":"Tool Expertise", "CLASS_FEATURE_ARTIFICER_TOOL_EXPERTISE_TEXT":"Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses any of the tool proficiencies you gain from this class.", For special cases where the feature improves at later levels I'll need to code those manually. At this moment I'm not doing much with archetypes. See #99: Add archetypes to class options for if/when I do it in the future. I'll support complete UA classes. Maaaaybe incomplete classes (Mystic as an example). Homebrew maaaaaybe - I haven't even done my own homebrew so I'd be inclined to do that before doing others homebrew classes. It depends is the answer.

Edited 1488564522
Thanks, until you implement Archetypes I refrain some. What is the preferred method to provide this information? Also what about Racial features? to help with&nbsp;<a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/246/create-a-dropdown-menu-to-choose-standard" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/246/create-a-dropdown-menu-to-choose-standard</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Racial Traits and Archetypes aren't implemented so I don't know what structure I'll use yet.
I think the current customization options for the 5e Shaped sheet allow enough flexibility to easily build in your own homebrews and non-core classes by adding the features manually. To add in automation for every possible variation out there (including official WotC material) would be a monumental undertaking and a huge P.I.T.A. for Kryx to keep updated when that content gets updated and when he has to make alterations/fixes to the sheet itself. While it would be cool to have some of this stuff automated, I think keeping the update process as clean and simple as possible is a more desirable feature, personally.
Wow, I created issue #340 yesterday on bitbucket or whatever it's called.. when you click the link on the bottom of the sheet.. &nbsp; And I see today, it has been deleted and replaced with something else... &nbsp; I really love the sheet, but WOW. &nbsp; What a way to feel when you wake up that it's just been deleted and forgotten. &nbsp; Plus, I still see the issue! &nbsp;I love you guys, but whatever!
Jyro X said: .... To add in automation for every possible variation out there (including official WotC material) would be a monumental undertaking and a huge P.I.T.A. for Kryx&nbsp; I agree. Not to mention that UA materials are NOT canon. UA materials are playtest ONLY and will change when released in official books.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jamie (DM) said: Wow, I created issue #340 yesterday on bitbucket or whatever it's called.. when you click the link on the bottom of the sheet.. &nbsp; And I see today, it has been deleted and replaced with something else... &nbsp; I really love the sheet, but WOW. &nbsp; What a way to feel when you wake up that it's just been deleted and forgotten. &nbsp; Plus, I still see the issue! &nbsp;I love you guys, but whatever! #340 is unchanged:&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/340/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/340/</a>... Perhaps the filtering you're using on the tracker has it hidden or on another page. And perhaps you shouldn't jump to conclusions and assume the worst. I put a lot of effort into this sheet and respond quite quickly to bugs (not quickly to suggestions right now). These kind of posts feel bad.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
UA material will be added to the sheet for ease of use. If you don't want to use it because of its lack of official status that's your choice to make. Adding content on my end isn't so hard - it's much easier than everyone entering it and figuring it out.
If you have the time... by all means. Just tryin' to save ya some work. :-)
Kryx said: Jamie (DM) said: Wow, I created issue #340 yesterday on bitbucket or whatever it's called.. when you click the link on the bottom of the sheet.. &nbsp; And I see today, it has been deleted and replaced with something else... &nbsp; I really love the sheet, but WOW. &nbsp; What a way to feel when you wake up that it's just been deleted and forgotten. &nbsp; Plus, I still see the issue! &nbsp;I love you guys, but whatever! #340 is unchanged:&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/340/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/340/</a>... Perhaps the filtering you're using on the tracker has it hidden or on another page. And perhaps you shouldn't jump to conclusions and assume the worst. I put a lot of effort into this sheet and respond quite quickly to bugs (not quickly to suggestions right now). These kind of posts feel bad. I do appologize because I speak with my heart than anything, and it can rub some the other way... But I know what I saw! I've been an admin/personal assistant for many years and I don't make those types of errors. &nbsp;What I see now, and don't get me wrong, can I explain it.. NO. &nbsp;So sorry, I really am. &nbsp;But yesterday, my number was 340.. I know, because a friend and I was together testing. &nbsp;And now today..it's #341 #341 for some reason.. with a won't fix (why?) tag. &nbsp;SO, some web glitch yesterday to today.. maybe. &nbsp;But I do know my number changed. Something being anonymous maybe? &nbsp;Anywho. &nbsp;I see it now... But I don't post unless I am really lost or amazed. &nbsp;Anywho, my apologies, and no... it wasn't originally #341 the whole time. :)&nbsp;

Edited 1488570724
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It was created as #341 because the title is " #341 Pressing the edit pencil in NPCs not working all the time " and neither of us have edited the title (the log would show as such). Numbers are not added to the title of the post except by the user or me. #341 is closed as "wontfix". In that issue I explain why: "This is an issue with Roll20's data falling out of sync and there isn't anything the sheet can do about it as far as I'm aware. :("
Kryx said: It was created as #341 because the title is " #341 Pressing the edit pencil in NPCs not working all the time " and neither of us have edited the title (the log would show as such). Numbers are not added to the title of the post except by the user or me. #341 is closed as "wontfix". In that issue I explain why: "This is an issue with Roll20's data falling out of sync and there isn't anything the sheet can do about it as far as I'm aware. :( Well than, that is that! &nbsp; So that it is clear.. I never intended nor said that "you" changed the numbers.. but something sure did, and I just said they were different today. Because I'm not crazy! &nbsp; Keep up the good work!
Jyro X said: I think the current customization options for the 5e Shaped sheet allow enough flexibility to easily build in your own homebrews and non-core classes by adding the features manually. To add in automation for every possible variation out there (including official WotC material) would be a monumental undertaking and a huge P.I.T.A. for Kryx to keep updated when that content gets updated and when he has to make alterations/fixes to the sheet itself. While it would be cool to have some of this stuff automated, I think keeping the update process as clean and simple as possible is a more desirable feature, personally. Part of the reason I was asking about format information was to let US as users submit new class/race/archetype data instead of Kryx having to do all the work. It would be awesome if there was some way we could include custom information, but I don't know that is possible. My hope with asking was to start the thought process along that path. I will attempt to put in a feature request for including class/race/archetype data later today.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
BP said: I will attempt to put in a feature request for including class/race/archetype data later today. They exist: #99: Add archetypes to class options #246: Create a dropdown menu to choose standard races and automatically create racial traits similar to how class features are handled. Achetypes and Racial Traits won't be handled until those issues are complete. At this moment Custom Classes won't added until I work a bit on how they adjust when leveling up, but maybe in the future.
I recognize the progression of tasks. I did post a&nbsp; request to my thoughts. My intention was to assist in the typing out the details of the class/race/archetypes to relieve you of some work for when you get them implemented.
I read the documentation, but didn't really see anything to answer this. Where would be the best section to add a Wand of Lightning Bolts (or anything similar) to the sheet? I tried dragging and dropping from the compendium to several different places to test. I tried attack, but can't turn off the attack (besides it isn't an attack anyway). I tried items, but don't really know how to get it to cast in chat. I tried spells which casts the spell, but don't really see how to set charges. Also, can't set a specific DC and have to tweak the addition field to get it right. So, I'm just asking the community now as to where would be the best place for items like this? It is probably staring me right in the face, but I just can't see it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Complex Items should probably be put into "Traits" until I complete&nbsp; #168: Expand Equipment
AH! OK.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
10.1.2 Bug Fixes #342: Top hit dice not clickable Class Level is now a select #337: Spellcasting parsing doesn't always detect class #328: NPC Multiattack gains "Ranged Spell Attack" on upgrade to 10.0.1 Code Cleanup Removed import_data is it's now done via API directly Likely the last update of 10.1.x unless new bugs are reported before the release.
I don't know where to report this so I am doing it here. Using sheet version 10.1.1 and script version 7.2.0. When a monster is dragged and dropped from the compendium (tested with Volo's and MM, and monsters taken from SKT) they seem to come with two attributes named "AC" that both mark the same thing. This is causing problems with the shaped script's apply-defaults as it does not work if a monster has two attributes with the same name. I am suspecting this might not be a problem with the sheet at all and rather a problem with Roll20's side as some monsters do come with only one AC. An example would be a Grung (has only one AC) and Grund Wildling (has two AC) from Volo's, Griffon (has only one AC) and Green Slaad (has two AC). My current work around for this is to use ac_srd when importing monsters from Volo's or MM.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It belongs on the issue tracker with a reproduction path that I can follow to reproduce the issue myself to see if it exists and then debug why it exists and possibly solve it.
Turned out it was not what I initially thought. Wrapped up what I found as I tested in the issue tracker, might have already been known before, if so I am sorry for the redundancy. <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/344/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/344/</a>...

Edited 1488589550
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why when you drag Eldritch Blast from the SRD the damage is: ((@{level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5) From the spell description: A beam of crackling energy streaks toward a creature within range. Make a ranged spell Attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d10 force damage. Another odd entry -- and I honestly have no idea if this is to do with Shaped or Roll20 -- is Magic Missle. The damage seems to be 1d4+1 + 1d4 per level? Am I reading that right? <a href="https://screencast.com/t/cbwjKH5On" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/cbwjKH5On</a>

Edited 1488590405
TheWebCoder said: Out of curiosity, does anyone know why when you drag Eldritch Blast from the SRD the damage is: ((@{level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5) From the spell description: A beam of crackling energy streaks toward a creature within range. Make a ranged spell Attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d10 force damage. Another odd entry -- and I honestly have no idea if this is to do with Shaped or Roll20 -- is Magic Missle. The damage seems to be 1d4+1 + 1d4 per level? Am I reading that right? <a href="https://screencast.com/t/cbwjKH5On" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/cbwjKH5On</a> Eldritch blast's formula resembles the one used on firebolt and such where the damage scales with caster level. However Eldritch Blast does separate attack rolls when you reach level 5, 11 and so on and the damage itself does not scale with caster level. That formula would be wrong because you would only do one attack roll. Consider it like Extra Attack but for eldritch blast. As for magic missile, RAW you roll only one d4 and apply it to all the target/s, RAI you can roll for each dart (up to DM). They are going for the RAW there. <a href="http://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/10/17/magic-missile-" rel="nofollow">http://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/10/17/magic-missile-</a>...
It seems both are calculating damage incorrectly then?

Edited 1488593987
I can confirm that eldritch blast's formula is wrong.&nbsp; As for magic missile, I tested by importing the SRD and it did not give me an extra d4 per higher spell level. Try importing again and telling us the sheet version you are using. As of I forgot which version, spells have the option to toggle "Repeat" which will output a macro at the end of the spell for quick re-rolls (yours have it toggled, try rolling and checking if it shows). Technically if you omit the d4 per higher level the formula is correct for usage both on RAW and RAI.
I just recently got into all of this, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but can you make it so that a weapon or spell attack also triggers a macro that you set up as a GM somewhere in this sheet? Does a player have to set one up as well or have everyone able to see/use it?
Ezekiel D. said: I just recently got into all of this, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but can you make it so that a weapon or spell attack also triggers a macro that you set up as a GM somewhere in this sheet? Does a player have to set one up as well or have everyone able to see/use it? There is a way similar to how you call multiple macros at once mentioned in the documentation. 1. Enable freeform on the settings tab 2. In the freeform section of the attack/spell/trait/etc enter a new line (press enter so its on a new line) 3. Type #MACRO where MACRO is the name of the macro so if you have a macro named "Table-Roll" put #Table-Roll in the freeform section on a new line. Don't have time to test fully to make sure it works for a DM macro for everyone but if it is set to be visable to players it should work
Brother Sharp said: As for magic missile, I tested by importing the SRD and it did not give me an extra d4 per higher spell level. Try importing again and telling us the sheet version you are using. As of I forgot which version, spells have the option to toggle "Repeat" which will output a macro at the end of the spell for quick re-rolls (yours have it toggled, try rolling and checking if it shows). Technically if you omit the d4 per higher level the formula is correct for usage both on RAW and RAI. Yeah, our bladesinger has rolled some weird results with magic missile pulled from the SRD. One result was a 1, which is impossible. Another weird thing was when he casted at 2nd level it added an arbitrary 2 to the d4 roll. I guess it's just one of those things that make ya go 'hmmm".&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Responding to PM here as these type of messages may be helpful to other members of the community. Please don't PM me with issues - address them here or on the issue tracker if they're an actual issue. 1. Re: Monster Manual Imports: No matter what you press the 'roll 2' option for advantage disadvantage doesnt work, it allways just rolls one. 2. A few days after the MM came out i created my own MM in my journal, then used the companion script to create macros for the monsters attacks, this seemd to work fine, with the monsters/npcs rolling 2 and roilling damage/crits as they should. Upon a recent update alot of the attacks do not now roll damage, and alot of the attacks are listed now as melee Spell Attacks. Im at a bit of a loss at the moment wether to jump back to the ogl sheet but yours is much better. Where can i get hold of the latest versions of your sheet to add as a custom sheet (rather than the one click auto update potential breakage) situation. You mention an upcoming update and suggest people test it on their campaign, but i cant find a link to it. 3. Do you think the import and integration with the monster manual/api companion script will ever get back to working? 1. On the Shaped thread you can see a link for how to properly log issues with the sheet. Please follow those instructions. 2. Sounds like you're on 9.0.1? You should upgrade. It's a known issue for monsters created in certain ways. For monsters that upgraded with this bug you'll have to recreate them. Sorry for the inconviencince. To prevent these kind of issues for the future I recommend you test creatures during the testing period (One is going on right now that you probably haven't tested with!) Latest version of this sheet is linked in the OP, as always. 3. Many people are using it right now without major issue. Some minor issues on roll20's end, but it works. See 5e Shaped Companion v6+ . If there are further issues address them there or on his github please
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
10.1.3 Bug Fixes #345: Default Sheet Settings sets wrong values for integer fields #348: Critical Damage on Cantrips using the cantrip formula when crit dmg maximized #350: Eldritch blast issues Ensured that when a spell is dragged from the SRD to a level that does not match its level that it maintains all data passed from the SRD when it is moved to the proper level. This solves higher level damage issues and closes #351: Shatter spell issue Magic Missile now imports without a higher level damage_dice. Closes part of #349: Magic missiles issues #354: Extra crit damage for saving throw shows for secondary damage #353: Slight vertical misalignment on traits section usages in condensed mode Adding/Changing a class or updating levels does not change the spell_ability, therefore resetting all spells. Closes the bug from #352: Changing spellcasting ability changes it for all spells
Hey Kryx! Good stuff as always. How can I get your github to push though 10.+ befopre&nbsp;it's rolled out next week?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Trusten said: How can I get your github to push though 10.+ befopre&nbsp;it's rolled out next week? If you want to use version 10 on your campaign see the instructions in the OP. If you meant something else please rephrase your question.
Kryx said: Trusten said: How can I get your github to push though 10.+ befopre&nbsp;it's rolled out next week? If you want to use version 10 on your campaign see the instructions in the OP. If you meant something else please rephrase your question. Perfect. I wasn't sure if it was still v 9. I had already upgraded to that one and loved the changes. I am going to upgrade to 10. I've used your sheets since day one on roll20. Good work and thank you so very much.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Trusten said: I've used your sheets since day one on roll20. Good work and thank you so very much.&nbsp; Great to hear - thanks for showing your appreciation!