Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can toggle on spells in edit mode. Ensure edit mode is on. Toggle the "spells" button in the right column of the NPC mode Either turn on cantrips or turn the level toggle to "all" Add a spell (dragging from SRD is the easiest), it'll adjust to the correct level (if you turned level toggle to "all" you can turn it back to "auto")
Kryx said: You can toggle on spells in edit mode. Ensure edit mode is on. Toggle the "spells" button in the right column of the NPC mode Either turn on cantrips or turn the level toggle to "all" Add a spell (dragging from SRD is the easiest), it'll adjust to the correct level (if you turned level toggle to "all" you can turn it back to "auto") Thanks, I guess my eyes passed over the button in Edit mode multiple times.  Your time and efforts are invaluable to this community, thanks so much from a Patron =).
What would be the "correct" way for settin up ability that gives you temporary hitpoints? I wasn't able to find anything in documentation or on forum. The way damage and heal options are there's no way to make non confusing output with correct roll. For my battlemaster Rally ability I currently use  [[1d8+@{NAME|charisma_mod}]] in spell description. Is there a better way? Ideally I would like a chat button that adds temp hitpoints to selected token but I guess it should be doable with TokenMod api script and doesn't belong in character sheet. Alternatively you can take a look at False Life spell which, if imported from compendium or via companion script, doesn't roll anything by default and has to be modified.

Edited 1489189794
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Using a healing potion doesn't heal you automatically either. I suggest it be handled in a similar way: an inline roll highlighting the roll and either manually adjusting the value or using a script like chatsetattr to modify it automatically.
I probably wasn't crear about what I mean. Chat thing is just icing on the cake and I whouldn't have mentioned it. The meain problem is that there's no easy way of outputing temporary hitpoints with default sheet template. When I create abitility this options are available for built-in rolls: Saving Throiw (doesn't fit) Other Damage (has hardcoded "damage" in output, which won't fit temporary hitpoints) Heal (which have following format: "Regain %number% hit points" which is a bit confusing since you're not actually healing anyone) So the best solution would be to probably sligtly modify "Heal" option to allow adding "temporary" to the output. Should I create a suggestion ticket on the bug tracker?

Edited 1489189879
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anything that isn't an attack, saving throw, damage, or heal is handled by the description field. Temporary hit points is one of those. If you want it to be more clear you can add an inline roll around the temporary hit points. Heal is not for temporary hit points - it's for healing.
Okay I see.. so the way I do it now is actually proper one? It's not very convenient due to being dependant on character name. I don't suppose there's any other way to reference sheet attribute from description?

Edited 1489191054
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't know the way you do it now. For spells like False Life I would use them as they are imported and then manually adjust the temporary hit points. Others would use a script to adjust temp hp. The sheet doesn't handle automatic healing so even for a normal heal spell the same situation occurs. I, personally, don't use those scripts to automatically adjust things like this. I don't encounter them often enough tbh and they can often target other players so always making it heal yourself isn't the best strategy. Perhaps someone else has a suggestion since my approach doesn't seem to meet your desires.

Edited 1489192256
>I don't know the way you do it now. For my battlemaster Rally ability I currently use [[1d8+@{NAME|charisma_mod}]] in spell description. >I, personally, don't use those scripts to automatically adjust things I definitely shouldn't have mentioned anything about adjusting things. The whole question was about how to set up abilities and spells to clearly output temporary hit points in chat. >For spells like False Life I would use them as they are imported I'm pretty sure (tested in your campaign) that using it as imported doesn't roll HP and you have to modify spell description. Which is all good but a bit inconvenient because you have to use character name in order to access sheet attributes. If there's no other way then referencing spell casting ability via character name in spell description then that pretty much answers it.
How would I implement the Half-Orc Savage Attacks feature that lets an extra damage die be rolled on a critical hit? And would it be possible to add queries to attacks to ask if the user would like to reroll the damage die, as in the Savage Attacker feat?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Half-Orc Savage Attacks is under the racial features: Savage Attacker is something you'll need to decide to use. It can't be automated with a query or anything like that. It'll be quite easy to do when I complete  #338: Click to roll damage
Wow that's a painfully obvious button, thanks for the reply.
Roman said: I probably wasn't crear about what I mean. Chat thing is just icing on the cake and I whouldn't have mentioned it. The meain problem is that there's no easy way of outputing temporary hitpoints with default sheet template. When I create abitility this options are available for built-in rolls: Saving Throiw (doesn't fit) Other Damage (has hardcoded "damage" in output, which won't fit temporary hitpoints) Heal (which have following format: "Regain %number% hit points" which is a bit confusing since you're not actually healing anyone) So the best solution would be to probably sligtly modify "Heal" option to allow adding "temporary" to the output. Should I create a suggestion ticket on the bug tracker? Here is my Rally script. I set up superiority dice as a class feature and this also as a class feature. The guts of it is in freeform and uses the reference to the damage die of the superiority die. Look in the official documentation or ping me if you want more help doing this. H
@HLazar man I feel stupid. I was pretty sure I couldn't just reference attribute like that from description.  Thanks, using @{charisma_mod} in description solves it.
Roman said: @HLazar man I feel stupid. I was pretty sure I couldn't just reference attribute like that from description.  Thanks, using @{charisma_mod} in description solves it. No need to feel stupid. The attributes are hard to determine. If you are looking to do more, I highly suggest looking at the documentation for the page (link at the bottom of your character sheet). There is a complete and accurate list of all these things as well as tips, tricks, and guides near the end. I highly suggest the Battlemaster example, it makes combat much more efficient. Good luck. H
Speaking of macros, can anyone please help debug this one? <a href="https://screencast.com/t/yJjuTbG6kpP" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/yJjuTbG6kpP</a> Here's the macro {{macros=[Sneak Attack repeat](~-Kez0e5JnoU4I34aWOe6|_other_damage_die)}} do I need _repeating_classfeature_ in there somewhere?
TheWebCoder said: Speaking of macros, can anyone please help debug this one? <a href="https://screencast.com/t/yJjuTbG6kpP" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/yJjuTbG6kpP</a> Here's the macro {{macros=[Sneak Attack repeat](~-Kez0e5JnoU4I34aWOe6|_other_damage_die)}} do I need _repeating_classfeature_ in there somewhere? Yes you do. Try this but replace NAME with your character name {{macros=[Sneak Attack repeat](~NAME|repeating_classfeature_-Kez0e5JnoU4I34aWOe6_other_damage_die)}}
{{macros=[Sneak Attack repeat](~Remos Xarrai|repeating_classfeature_-kepp86vyiezqe0tx9tv_other_damage_die)}} Believe I pulled the ID from the wrong place originally so I updated it, but it's still throwing an error. Here's a screen cap of the inspector. Am I still pulling the ID from the wrong spot?&nbsp; <a href="https://screencast.com/t/aEEWNx72m" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/aEEWNx72m</a>

Edited 1489266987
It is hard to tell from the screen capture. One thing I like to do is hover over and let the screen tell me if I have the right one. Click on this image so it opens and animates. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
10.1.5 Bug Fixes #372: Skill proficiency doesn't import from SRD properly #365: Macro buttons in the settings throw errors if there's "" in the character name UI Adjustments Added some left margin to passive skills. #340: Passive Skill display enhancement Reworded Advantage query to "Query (Advantage default). #255: Advantage and Disadvantage Roll Query are reversed.
Can elements from one character sheet be referred to by another sheet? For example if I wanted to make NPC sheets for druid Wild Shapes, and I wanted to have the NPC Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma set to the druid's scores. How would adding the druid's proficiencies and taking the highest of the druid's proficiency and the beast's proficiency work?

Edited 1489328206
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Currently: Set the ability scores to match the Druid and adjust the challenge until you get the proficiency bonus that matches. Long term: It may be an area I add support for, but There are ways to work around it as above Using the Druid's fields is incredibly complex. Not only ability scores and proficiency, but also skill proficiency.
Ok, that'll work too, thanks.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can also roll ability checks from the druid sheet for skills.
What does the "quick" toggle button do? I can't figure it out.
You can use it to hide items you don't want 'quick' access to. Uncheck the quick checkbox in edit mode for each item and then enable the Quick button and you will only see items that were checked. Does that make sense? Sorry, no time for pix.
Doug E. said: You can use it to hide items you don't want 'quick' access to. Uncheck the quick checkbox in edit mode for each item and then enable the Quick button and you will only see items that were checked. Does that make sense? Sorry, no time for pix. That explains it, thanks.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you're really close to getting through the bugs on the tracker for 10.1.x? If it's possible, can give you please give a brief summary of your vision for future versions? For example, do you see a 10.2 being necessary, or will you just wrap up 10.1.x and then start on your next major version?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version numbers are really just about informing users how drastic the changes are. To explain&nbsp; Semantic Versioning there are 3 numbers seperated by a dot. Major.Minor.Patch So we're on 10.1.5 right now which means there have been 10 major changes, each with a myriad of minor or patch changes. I use Major versions a bit liberally - I consider the following to be major changes: Any changes to existing roll template fields Any change to a repeating section which makes existing macro references break New features are a minor version and patch is generally bugs. So putting aside versioning: The sheet is quite stable as it stands. I've pushed 10.1.5 to Roll20. Steps forward: The sheet will progress completing issues in the order of priority (click the priority column on the&nbsp; issue tracker ) and/or my own preferences and/or based on user votes. Some next steps for Shaped: Lucian and I have been working on a revamp on the spell and monster importer which will list all spells and allow filtering to determine which spells to import - it should be really nice. We'll also hook up SRD spells to it soon - perhaps after the initial release. I expect the next major or minor version of the sheet will contain #338: Click to roll damage for attacks and saving throws. After that possibly&nbsp; #168: Expand Equipment which will possibly touch attacks and armor as well. Those should take a bit of time and my coding time has returned to a more normal pace instead of the 24/7 pace I was doing for 9 and 10. It was quite an unhealthy pace.
Thanks so much for the roadmap Kryx. Sounds great.
@ Kryx in first place thank you very much for your hard work, your sheet is certainly amaizing, now, since i update from version 7.something the ability/attack clicks are rolling 2 dices (as in showing 2 3D dices) instead of one, do you have any idea on why is this happening? my first theory is that i mess up something but i don't know what it is,thank you very much for your hard work and in advance thanks for any help you can provide :)
Edgar G. said: @ Kryx in first place thank you very much for your hard work, your sheet is certainly amaizing, now, since i update from version 7.something the ability/attack clicks are rolling 2 dices (as in showing 2 3D dices) instead of one, do you have any idea on why is this happening? my first theory is that i mess up something but i don't know what it is,thank you very much for your hard work and in advance thanks for any help you can provide :) On your settings page in the top right corner, there are multiple buttons for different roll settings. Yours is probably set to "Roll 2" which always rolls 2 dice and lets you figure out advantage/disadvantage on your own. "Normal" is your standard one roll setting, if that is what you are searching for.

Edited 1489481837
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Edgar, Beyond setting your roll style to normal you can also see&nbsp; #178: 3D dice should roll the appropriate amount of dice which lists the current areas where it rolls 2 3D dice.
Kryx said: I expect the next major or minor version of the sheet will contain #338: Click to roll damage for attacks and saving throws. After that possibly&nbsp; #168: Expand Equipment which will possibly touch attacks and armor as well. Thanks for the roadmap and quick replies. #338 sounds much like what I&nbsp; mentioned&nbsp; almost a year ago - I will definitely look forward to this! As a side note I have named a dragon in my campaign after you, Kryx. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A Dragon? A mind flayer seems more appropriate, but I'll take it. :D
Question regarding the convertFromOGL process that runs, and the HP issue that was fixed in i believe 1.0.1.4 of Shaped: The window for the process covered the whole sheet, so while it wasn't working i had closed it for a few monsters in my Storm Kings Thunder module. The bug is fixed for character sheets i haven't yet opened, but the ones i closed out of the convertFromOGL are still hp-less and weaponless. Is there a way to rerun that process, some trigger on the sheet i'm missing? There's only a few that are troubled by this, but they're important and i'd dont quite want to input all the data

Edited 1489682986
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Jason, The way to fix failed upgrades is to run the upgrade from scratch following the steps below: Delete the creature that failed the upgrade in your Shaped campaign Start a new SKT campaign Export the creature from the SKT campaign (using character vault, or apparently there are options for non-Pro users) Import the creature to your Shaped campaign Open the creature to run the upgrade You can also use the script to upgrade all creatures if you have to do this for several of them. Explanation: If an upgrade fails for whatever reason there is no way to rerun the upgrade. It would be incredibly difficult to determine what went wrong and to fix that specific issue. Therefore upgrading from a clean slate is the safest option.
Hey thanks Kryx... I was actually wondering the same thing... so sounds easy peasy! &nbsp;Awesome!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is kind of a meta post, but is there any reason this thread does not appear on the home page of the forums, under the "Character Sheets & Compendium" section? I have to open the subforum to actually see if any new posts have been made.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: This is kind of a meta post, but is there any reason this thread does not appear on the home page of the forums, under the "Character Sheets & Compendium" section? I have to open the subforum to actually see if any new posts have been made.&nbsp; This is a result of&nbsp; Forum Sorting Changes . The community was not in favor of the change and that thread notifying the community about the change was sunk to lessen discussion . Additionally the OGL thread has been at the top of the forum for 8 months without the same rules applying to it which leads me to suspect that the rule was created to prioritize OGL over Shaped. Incredibly disrespectful to the community imo.
&gt;Incredibly disrespectful to the community imo. Carefull there, before someone showes up and closes this thread because "This is not how we address issues in roll20 community".&nbsp; &gt;_&lt;

Edited 1489705792
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just started using&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/alldiscussions/?catids=277980,19,24,46806" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/alldiscussions/?catids=277980,19,24,46806</a> which gives an overview of specific forums based on last post. You can try using it or adjusting the forum id's.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Wow. Didn't mean to rip off any bandages. Sorry to hear that.
Looks like you need to talk to the Dev or Mods about getting the post stickied!
The search functionality on this site seems very lackluster, so apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but is there a way to automatically hide the calculations on the shaped sheet? &nbsp;As in when an enemy's attack roll is clicked, rather than players being able to hover over the roll and see (1d20 (12) + 4 = 16) it would just display 16? In addition, is there a toggle to just display the actual role of the die? &nbsp;There are some effects in 5e that allow players to see a die roll but not know the total result of the roll before deciding if they want to take some action. Thanks, -Adam
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Adam Caramon said: is there a way to automatically hide the calculations on the shaped sheet? &nbsp;As in when an enemy's attack roll is clicked, rather than players being able to hover over the roll and see (1d20 (12) + 4 = 16) it would just display 16? Nope. Even if I were to remove the tooltips the math would still have to be there. This is how roll20 works and any change would have to occur on their end. Adam Caramon said: is there a toggle to just display the actual role of the die? &nbsp;There are some effects in 5e that allow players to see a die roll but not know the total result of the roll before deciding if they want to take some action. You could try 3D dice, but I'd just recommend letting the player know the full result. Either that or you can use the hide features using styling (see the documentation). I use the hide features for things like saving throw DC.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Kryx said: keithcurtis said: This is kind of a meta post, but is there any reason this thread does not appear on the home page of the forums, under the "Character Sheets & Compendium" section? I have to open the subforum to actually see if any new posts have been made.&nbsp; This is a result of&nbsp; Forum Sorting Changes . The community was not in favor of the change and that thread notifying the community about the change was sunk to lessen discussion . Additionally the OGL thread has been at the top of the forum for 8 months without the same rules applying to it which leads me to suspect that the rule was created to prioritize OGL over Shaped. Incredibly disrespectful to the community imo. My sentiments exactly...

Edited 1489766350
I was looking here:&nbsp; <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnW" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnW</a>... For this, and I had a player's sheet that corrupted yesterday, he's suggested it was do to with&nbsp; Halfling luck, which - I remembered from earlier versions - was a option on the sheet. I'm not able to find it on the documentation or the sheet, where or how is that dealt with the newest release (also &nbsp;- the custom skills now work on the pushed/auto release - thank you for that)
Modnar Wylde said: I'm not able to find it on the documentation or the sheet, where or how is that dealt with the newest release (also &nbsp;- the custom skills now work on the pushed/auto release - thank you for that) Halfling luck is on the right side of the core page in the Racial Traits box (under flaws, bonds, etc). You need to be in edit mode to see it and turn it off/on.