Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but one of my players put in Defense fighting style in the armor section, and it's automatically giving him a +3 to AC, when the bonus should be +1.  I can't seem to edit the bonus amount, and the only way I can work around it is by putting in a -2 in the modifier: Using sheet 10.1.5.  I didn't open an issue, because I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong.
Gozer the Gozerian said: Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but one of my players put in Defense fighting style in the armor section, and it's automatically giving him a +3 to AC, when the bonus should be +1.  I can't seem to edit the bonus amount, and the only way I can work around it is by putting in a -2 in the modifier: Using sheet 10.1.5.  I didn't open an issue, because I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong. Change the type from light armor to shield. Having it set as light is adding your dex bonus as well.
Darren
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Was using 10.1.2.  I think it was a week or two ago I upgraded to 10.1.5.  I'm now getting an error in the API Output Console Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 875 translation strings to worker..." "5eShapedCompanion 1490159784818 INFO : -=> ShapedScripts v7.2.0 <=-" "ERROR: You cannot set the imgsrc or avatar of an object unless you use an image that is in your Roll20 Library. See the API documentation for more info." "ERROR: You cannot set the imgsrc or avatar of an object unless you use an image that is in your Roll20 Library. See the API documentation for more info." "5eShapedCompanion 1490159787839 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 10.1.5" "5eShapedCompanion 1490159787842 INFO : Configuration state: {\"version\":4.2,\"config\":{\"genderPronouns\": ... At first, I tried to find a journal entry that had a missing image, but didn't find one. I decided to do a test and start a brand new game. Selected Shaped Sheet. Selected Shaped Sheet API. Joined game. Got a chat message that the shaped sheet needed to be upgraded, so I clicked "upgrade". Created a new journal entry and the character sheet shows 10.1.5. Exited game and restarted the sandbox. Got the same error. I checked this forum and see posts about version 11.  I do not see how to get version 11 either by manual install or one-click.  Do you have any suggestions on what I should do?  Thank you.
Vanakoji said: Gozer the Gozerian said: Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but one of my players put in Defense fighting style in the armor section, and it's automatically giving him a +3 to AC, when the bonus should be +1.  I can't seem to edit the bonus amount, and the only way I can work around it is by putting in a -2 in the modifier: Using sheet 10.1.5.  I didn't open an issue, because I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong. Change the type from light armor to shield. Having it set as light is adding your dex bonus as well. Thank you!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Darren said: I do not see how to get version 11 either by manual install or one-click. The OP of this thread has instructions.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Darren said: At first, I tried to find a journal entry that had a missing image, but didn't find one. I decided to do a test and start a brand new game. Selected Shaped Sheet. Selected Shaped Sheet API. Joined game. Got a chat message that the shaped sheet needed to be upgraded, so I clicked "upgrade". Created a new journal entry and the character sheet shows 10.1.5. Exited game and restarted the sandbox. Got the same error. The error does not matter. It shouldn't be an error at all, but a warning (but Roll20 chooses to display it as an error). Just ignore it, everything will work fine.
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
I am having a hard time finding how to set Sorcery Points to a token's bar. Current and Max don't seem to be attributes that I can set. Any tips?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: The error does not matter. It shouldn't be an error at all, but a warning (but Roll20 chooses to display it as an error). Just ignore it, everything will work fine. That message is actually from Lucian. The message is being toned down next version, but the script and sheet should have versions that are aligned or errors can happen.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Garrett K. said: I am having a hard time finding how to set Sorcery Points to a token's bar. Current and Max don't seem to be attributes that I can set. Any tips? Repeating sections cannot be placed in bars as a result of a change that roll20 made a while ago. I'd suggest using spell points.
I noticed using the NPC sheet that when you have both Innate Spellcasting and Spellcasting options on that when you pick what the spellcasting ability is that they can't be different. If one is Charisma and the other Intelligence then the one you change will revert the other to what you picked.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
James F. said: I noticed using the NPC sheet that when you have both Innate Spellcasting and Spellcasting options on that when you pick what the spellcasting ability is that they can't be different. If one is Charisma and the other Intelligence then the one you change will revert the other to what you picked. Is there an example of such a case?
Kryx said: James F. said: I noticed using the NPC sheet that when you have both Innate Spellcasting and Spellcasting options on that when you pick what the spellcasting ability is that they can't be different. If one is Charisma and the other Intelligence then the one you change will revert the other to what you picked. Is there an example of such a case? Storm King's Thunder has Klauth and Claugiyliamatar (Ancient Red & Green respectively.) have the variant dragon rule of a number of spells equal to their Charisma modifier and a * lv. spellcaster that has a different spellcasting ability. They're on p.95-6 of it. Edit: Forgot to quote.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
At this point in this the sheet only supports one casting ability. You can freely change the casting ability of a spell, but for the sheet to support multiple casting abilities  #356: Add multiple spell_ability and an option to choose how to import spells would have to be completed. If that's a feature you desire feel free to upvote that issue.
Vanakoji said: Gozer the Gozerian said: Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but one of my players put in Defense fighting style in the armor section, and it's automatically giving him a +3 to AC, when the bonus should be +1.  I can't seem to edit the bonus amount, and the only way I can work around it is by putting in a -2 in the modifier: Using sheet 10.1.5.  I didn't open an issue, because I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong. Change the type from light armor to shield. Having it set as light is adding your dex bonus as well. I have a request on the tracker to address this. Perhaps having a "custom" option that isn't a shield and also doesn't apply any calculations. (Same for weapons / attacks area.)
Checking to make sure I am using a new feature correctly.  I noticed you added the ability to hide AC with stylish. But I cannot seem to get it to function. I have tried checking the option on both the PC and the monster. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheWebCoder said: I have a request on the tracker to address this. Perhaps having a "custom" option that isn't a shield and also doesn't apply any calculations. (Same for weapons / attacks area.) I'm still unsure what I'll do with that one. At this point I think I'll either expect the bonuses to be added to the armored or unarmored bonus sections or add a secondary repeating section for other armor bonuses other than armor. I'm not sure though. It's not a top priority though as it can be worked around.

Edited 1490195853
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gary W. said: Checking to make sure I am using a new feature correctly.  I noticed you added the ability to hide AC with stylish. But I cannot seem to get it to function. I have tried checking the option on both the PC and the monster.  Can you open an issue on the issue tracker? For everyone: Please open these type of issues on the tracker. That way other users can see the whole conversation, instead of the conversation starting at step 2 or step 3. Worst case I can close an issue as invalid so don't be afraid to start there.
Fellow Pro users: I asked the devs if they can put a stickied post in this forum with links to sheet author's discussion threads. The goal is for authors like Kryx to be able to link to a thread like this one, so we don't have to go hunting. If that interests you, you may wish to chime in.

Edited 1490270284
When I'm using the 5e-shaped template to stack macros it used to put the macros into these pink buttons to press, now it just outputs the text, without a surrounding button, which is in itself not game breaking, but a bit inconvenient. This is how I've set up the World Building Macro for example: /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=World Building}} {{subheader=World Building Tables}} {{content=[Forms of Government](!&#13#Forms-of-Government)[World Shaking Events](!&#13#World-Shaking-Events)}} Is this a problem on my end or is it due to a change within the template? Is there anything I could do to get the buttons back? I'm using the 10.1.5 Version of the sheet right now.

Edited 1490272786
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Buttons inside the roll template have been text since at least February 2016 (Version 2.1.x). Probably much before that, but the way the code was changed makes that hard to verify. So it seems you were using an older version. All links inside of a roll template are text so you'll have to add the space between yourself.
Diarioz said: When I'm using the 5e-shaped template to stack macros it used to put the macros into these pink buttons to press, now it just outputs the text, without a surrounding button, which is in itself not game breaking, but a bit inconvenient. This is how I've set up the World Building Macro for example: /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=World Building}} {{subheader=World Building Tables}} {{content=[Forms of Government](!&#13#Forms-of-Government)[World Shaking Events](!&#13#World-Shaking-Events)}} Is this a problem on my end or is it due to a change within the template? Is there anything I could do to get the buttons back? I'm using the 10.1.5 Version of the sheet right now. I was wondering the same actually. The macros i set up used the pink buttons up to the last sheet update last week.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Edited my above post: Macros in the roll template have been pink text since February 2016 (Version 2.1.x).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, I see what is happening. As of March 10th I included the other type of button in the same styling. So both ~ and ! type buttons use the desired styling within the roll template. I do not believe there is a way for me to offer the normal buttons alongside the text buttons as there is no way for users to add classes.
Kryx, I've read some of the static you've received lately from the dev team.  As a heavy user of your sheet and a patron on Patreon, let me say your work (and Lucian's) is fantastic, leagues ahead of what Roll20 would or could provide, and is deeply appreciated.  I'm sorry that you don't receive the credit and access you deserve, but know that at my table and on my stream (of D&D) I give thanks to you. All the best, BT

Edited 1490302740
TheWebCoder said: Fellow Pro users: I asked the devs if they can put a stickied post in this forum with links to sheet author's discussion threads. The goal is for authors like Kryx to be able to link to a thread like this one, so we don't have to go hunting. If that interests you, you may wish to chime in. +1 to this suggestion Edit: oops - should have just gone to the link!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Benevolent Tyrant said: As a heavy user of your sheet and a patron on Patreon, let me say your work (and Lucian's) is fantastic, leagues ahead of what Roll20 would or could provide, and is deeply appreciated.  I'm sorry that you don't receive the credit and access you deserve, but know that at my table and on my stream (of D&D) I give thanks to you. Thanks man. That's nice to hear. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.0.3 Bug Fixes #392: Spells macro empty after update Change the name of the concentration filter so that it matches its new behavior. Also solves #396: Setting a spell's duration to "Concentration" will delete the spell #395: Saving throws and Ability checks Query Macros are broken #398: Hide AC does not work
Thank you for the quick fixes Kryx. Will run them tonight after my meetings! Every release keeps pushing the envelope, making it better and better. 
11.0.3 fixed hiding the targets AC and handled the spell macro issue. Thanks 
Hi, Kryx! Two questions! What's the correct way to add stuff like Divine Smite into the "Content" field now? I have tried the examples given in the Documentation, but they are outdated it seems? And the other question is kind of similar. One of my PCs has a weapon that requires him to make a Constitution saving throw every time he attacks with it. How do I automate it through the content field too? Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Sirren, For these kind of things you should use the freeform field (see the settings page). For any section other than spells I would use: {{macros=[Divine Strike](~Aapa|repeating_classfeature_-Kg-H6zJhV0RolxE9RSU_action)}} That works when I test it now. Name seems to be required . Similar situation for Constitution (in the freeform section): {{macros=[Constitution saving throw](~Aapa|shaped_constitution_saving_throw)}} Or you could make the save off off automatically: %{Aapa|shaped_constitution_saving_throw} Notice the line break before the macro executes - that's necessary.
Thanks a lot, Kryx. These seem to work, except for characters that have both a first name and a last name. What's the correct syntax there? I tried putting "_" in place of the space, enclosing the name in quotes and square brackets, but I guess it is something else. Also I know this is more of a companion script question, but how do I create macros for all the class features that a character has? I found the commands for actions/traits/reactions/attacks, but not for class features.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Characters with a space should work - just add the space. I've seen them work before. You'll have to ask Lucian to create a command to add class features - probably best to do so on  his issue tracker .
Actually, you are right, it works now! Thanks! And I will post about the class features on the tracker!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx, is there an option for have a PC sheet display the default HP for a PC instead of entering a value? I and some of my players prefer to use the default values when leveling up, given the slight mathematical advantage. If such a thing exists, I can't find it. If it doesn't, would it be worth opening a request, or would this be something that would be better handled by the API/Companion script? It's no big deal to do it manually, but it would be a nice thing to set and forget.

Edited 1490369438
Continuing work on adding features to PCs. Added maneuvers to the Battle Master and they work great, but it looks like Freetext is being posted after the Freeform, so this is the result: :  Is it possible to make it look the same way as in the documentation?

Edited 1490369990
sirren said: For Battlemaster, I would really put them into an attacher and not individually on every weapon. BM can be used on any attack, any weapon. And using an attacher, you type it once and you are done. Here is my attacher which calls all the BM as well as some other stuff. This goes directly in the freeform of the attacher: {{uses=@{repeating_classfeature_-KeYzCJDLi3buEcH5sMA_uses}}} {{uses_max=@{repeating_classfeature_-KeYzCJDLi3buEcH5sMA_uses|max} Superiority Die}} {{text_center=[distracting strike](~Lander Calben|repeating_classfeature_-KeYziPSjAwBqSelYwWE_action) [goading attack](~Lander Calben|repeating_classfeature_-KeZNJKiHOXGfS48bZ2Y_action)  [menacing attack](~Lander Calben|repeating_classfeature_-KeZ03MN7vjobukZQZ9B_action) [precision attack](~Lander Calben|repeating_classfeature_-KexhhTt7PVkX5pcSgKd_action) [trip attack](~Lander Calben|repeating_classfeature_-KeZNLed9OtFF2h0prTa_action) [rally (bonus)](~Lander Calben|repeating_classfeature_-KeZ1-q0Gu18wQVudYEl_action) [tartan of ages (bonus)](~Lander Calben|repeating_trait_-KQW67pDndbF7MYlrw92_trait)}} and the result:

Edited 1490370818
Ok. This is the first time I saw the "Attachers" field at the very bottom of the sheet. Wow. Thanks a bunch.
HLazar is the Battle Master
TheWebCoder said: HLazar is the Battle Master *blush*
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sirren, if you happen to be on a Mac,  I have an Applescript that will pull and format that for you.
HLazar said: sirren said: For Battlemaster, I would really put them into an attacher and not individually on every weapon. BM can be used on any attack, any weapon. And using an attacher, you type it once and you are done. Here is my attacher which calls all the BM as well as some other stuff. This goes directly in the freeform of the attacher: {{uses=@{repeating_classfeature_-KeYzCJDLi3buEcH5sMA_uses}}} {{uses_max=@{repeating_classfeature_-KeYzCJDLi3buEcH5sMA_uses|max} Superiority Die}} {{text_center=[distracting strike](~Lander Calben|repeating_classfeature_-KeYziPSjAwBqSelYwWE_action) [goading attack](~Lander Calben|repeating_classfeature_-KeZNJKiHOXGfS48bZ2Y_action)  [menacing attack](~Lander Calben|repeating_classfeature_-KeZ03MN7vjobukZQZ9B_action) [precision attack](~Lander Calben|repeating_classfeature_-KexhhTt7PVkX5pcSgKd_action) [trip attack](~Lander Calben|repeating_classfeature_-KeZNLed9OtFF2h0prTa_action) [rally (bonus)](~Lander Calben|repeating_classfeature_-KeZ1-q0Gu18wQVudYEl_action) [tartan of ages (bonus)](~Lander Calben|repeating_trait_-KQW67pDndbF7MYlrw92_trait)}} and the result: This is awesome. I wonder what would happen if Lander Calben's name changed? It seems to me it would break all of this. I wonder if instead of the name, the character_id could be used? I can test later but someone might know the answer off the top.
Doug E. said: This is awesome. I wonder what would happen if Lander Calben's name changed? It seems to me it would break all of this. I wonder if instead of the name, the character_id could be used? I can test later but someone might know the answer off the top. Sure, you can use the character name as a variable. I checked and this seems to work. [goading attack](~@{character_name}|repeating_classfeature_-KeZNJKiHOXGfS48bZ2Y_action)  but there comes a point to which you are self-referencing and bogged down in code. I don't plan to change my character's name anytime soon. It would be more like I was creating a new character and would copy and paste this code for other reasons and then I could just find/replace in notepad or whatever. my two cents
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Kryx, is there an option for have a PC sheet display the default HP for a PC instead of entering a value? I and some of my players prefer to use the default values when leveling up, given the slight mathematical advantage. If such a thing exists, I can't find it. If it doesn't, would it be worth opening a request Sounds like a good suggestion.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
sirren said: it looks like Freetext is being posted after the Freeform I believe this is impossible, but if you can provide reproduction steps I can look into it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: keithcurtis said: Kryx, is there an option for have a PC sheet display the default HP for a PC instead of entering a value? I and some of my players prefer to use the default values when leveling up, given the slight mathematical advantage. If such a thing exists, I can't find it. If it doesn't, would it be worth opening a request Sounds like a good suggestion. Done. Hopefully correctly. :)

Edited 1490392863
Kryx said: sirren said: it looks like Freetext is being posted after the Freeform I believe this is impossible, but if you can provide reproduction steps I can look into it. Create new game. Custom sheet. Latest version of shaped. Create new character. Add a new attack to the character. Enable freetext, enable freeform. Type 123 in Freetext field of the attack. Place {{macros=[Trip Attack](~Aapa|repeating_trait_-kdfwstjwigqzes0-u-i_trait), [Disarming Attack](~Aapa|repeating_trait_-kdfvddsxtjeseegrzfc_trait), [Sweeping Attack](~Aapa|repeating_trait_-kdfxdczlnitw-yy6kew_trait)}} into the Freeform field. Result:

Edited 1490393944
Vanakoji
KS Backer
sirren said: Kryx said: sirren said: it looks like Freetext is being posted after the Freeform I believe this is impossible, but if you can provide reproduction steps I can look into it. Create new game. Custom sheet. Latest version of shaped. Create new character. Add a new attack to the character. Enable freetext, enable freeform. Type 123 in Freetext field of the attack. Place {{macros=[Trip Attack](~Aapa|repeating_trait_-kdfwstjwigqzes0-u-i_trait), [Disarming Attack](~Aapa|repeating_trait_-kdfvddsxtjeseegrzfc_trait), [Sweeping Attack](~Aapa|repeating_trait_-kdfxdczlnitw-yy6kew_trait)}} into the Freeform field. Result: Freeform is coming at the end its {{macros=}} that is coming before freetext and that is how the template style is setup. Everything has a default place. The documentation on roll template has an example image on a lot of fields that should give a good idea on where a field should appear in relation to others as it is not just the order they appear. Freeform is a bit different since you can use it to insert other sections as well at which point those sections will appear in their default order.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vanakoji said: Freeform is coming at the end its {{macros=}} that is coming before freetext and that is how the template style is setup. Everything has a default place. The documentation on roll template has an example image on a lot of fields that should give a good idea on where a field should appear in relation to others as it is not just the order they appear. Freeform is a bit different since you can use it to insert other sections as well at which point those sections will appear in their default order. This is correct, thanks for clarifying Vanakoji.