Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For one, All the traits should end with a full stop, not a colon.
Rabulias said: Maybe you need the XP value to have a space and the "XP" to be in upper case, i.e., 1,100 XP You might also need to put a space between the numbers and the ft. unit, i.e., 80 ft. I've done the XP value before. Sorry, it must have slipped my mind while I was writing. I've tried several variations of inputting it, and even sought a way to avoid mentioning a number at all (Obviously, it's a simple task to add it afterwards). This also isn't the only sheet I've had troubles with. From homebrew sheets, official monster book / Voll's, etc, the problem for me always comes up from challenge input. Reinstalling sheet / API script hasn't changed it, nor using it on another campaign etc. Has no one else had this problem before? :S
Try this - it worked for me, but I'm not using the latest version. EDIT: fixed a copy/paste error. Weeping Angel Medium Aberration, Neutral Evil Armor Class 16 (natural armor) Hit Points 88 (9d8 + 27) Speed 0ft STR 18 DEX 16 CON 16 INT 14 WIS 16 CHA 7 Skills Stealth +6, Perception +6 Damage Resistance Necrotic, Bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from non magical attacks not made with adamantine weapons; Damage Immunities: Poison Condition Immunities Exhausted, Petrified, Poisoned Senses Superior Darkvision 120ft., Passive Perception 16 Languages Temporal Challenge 4 (1100xp) False Appearance. While the Weeping Angel remains motionless it is indistinguishable from an inanimate statue. Temporal Restrictions. While being directly observed the Weeping Angels revert to their stone form and are considered to be petrified, with the exceptions that their damage resistances stay the same as what is listed in their stat block, and they are still acutely aware of their surroundings. Temporal Manipulators. While not being directly observed the Weeping Angels gain a movement speed of 80ft. and the Temporal Lock ability. Blink Pulse. At the start of the Weeping Angels turn all creatures currently observing the Weeping Angel must make a DC 15 Wisdom Saving throw or blink involuntarily. If this pulse causes all creatures currently observing the Angel to blink then the Angel is freed from its Temporal Restrictions and gains the benefits from its Temporal Manipulation until the end of its current turn. Actions Temporal Lock. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d6+3) slashing damage. If the target is a creature it must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be petrified for 1d4 rounds. While petrified the target ages a number of years equal to the number of rounds they were petrified. They also take 1d6 Psychic damage for every year they aged, on their return to normal form.
Gozer the Gozerian said: Try this - it worked for me, but I'm not using the latest version. --Snip-- Jakob said: For one, All the traits should end with a full stop, not a colon. Removing the colon's and replacing them with full stops fixed the challenge issue, but then I was faced with an issue where it wouldn't read the "Action" line, which Gozer's re-write of my stat-block fixed. So I'm going to go over his and see what the differences after that were.  Thanks to the both of you, Jakob for pointing out my lack of full stops, the Gozer for the flawless re-write! 
There was a line break in the Blink Pulse that I removed, which caused the Actions section to be parsed as part of Blink Pulse.  I also changed "ACTION" to "Actions."  Don't know if the capitals had anything to do with it, but maybe the missing "S" plays a factor as well. I think that's all I changed after the Challenge section.  I've worked through a number of these by trial and error, and found a format which seems to work in most cases.  Glad to help!
I added a comment to Issue #469 to note that AC is not being updated when you have any custom armor in 12.0.4. This is armor and not modifiers. Adding any line that is not dragged from the compendium does not seem to add to the AC. I tried this in both the test game and in my own game. Is this as intended?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It works if you give it the type "Shield" (regardless of whether it is a physical shield). If you don't give it a type, it does not add.

Edited 1494667916
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Defensive fighting style would be a modifier, not an armor item. The intention is the armor section contains things that act like armor (Unarmored Defense, Mage Armor, Armor, Shields).
keithcurtis said: It works if you give it the type "Shield" (regardless of whether it is a physical shield). If you don't give it a type, it does not add. Kryx said: Defensive fighting style would be a modifier, not an armor item. The intention is the armor section contains things that act like armor (Unarmored Defense, Mage Armor, Armor, Shields). Got it, thanks. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
13.0.0 Breaking Changes Bonuses for ability scores, ability checks, initiative, saving throws, and skills have been moved to the "Modifiers" section. Closes #478: Ability modifier for specific skills? and opens the door to doing #59: Make attachers work for skills in the same way. All repeating section macros will now be ordered based on the order that is shown on the sheet. Closes #185: Regenerate Repeating Section macros when order being changed Bug Fixes #482: "Attack:" should be "Roll:" #480: Attack and damage modifiers don't apply to spells Hit points heart is refactored to no longer use Roll20's font to create the heart as it didn't render correctly on iOS. #477: Ability modifier does not reliably toggle
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm a little unclear about how to use each blank after a skill. I get that the last one is a flat modifier, the first blank doesn't seem to change anything. The third blank looks like it adds the ability mod into the total mod. The die roll blank doesn't seem to do anything. Does that have something to do with proficiency dice? Pardon my confusion. If you discussed these when you rolled out the new modifiers section, I must have missed it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Skill modifiers are like any other modifier. Firstly you have dice (1d8 for example), then an ability (Dex for example), then the open ended modifier (1 or @{fighter_level} for example). If there is a bug please report it on the tracker.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I do use the tracker when I know there is a problem (I just added one a few seconds ago regarding the Barbarian and Unarmored Defense). In this case, I needed to clarify the intended behavior before I knew if there was a problem. There are four blanks, but you've indicated 3 uses, so I am still obviously confused. 
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: I do use the tracker when I know there is a problem (I just added one a few seconds ago regarding the Barbarian and Unarmored Defense). In this case, I needed to clarify the intended behavior before I knew if there was a problem. There are four blanks, but you've indicated 3 uses, so I am still obviously confused.  The first blank is the number of dice.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, thanks Jakob.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Modifiers are the exact same as attacks: Number of dice, die size, ability, modifier.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Kryx. Can the first two be used to modify a skill roll? If the intent is yes, then I'll open an issue, since no numbers I put in there seem to modify a skill check.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't quite understand your question. Every modifier should result in the expected output adding the modifier you've added. If that isn't occuring then it's a bug. I would hide it if it isn't meant to do anything like I do for ability score for example.
@keithcurtis, I can replicate the die not applying and have opened an issue for it. I can't replicate the ability mod not applying to a skill check, but I didn't test much beyond one try. If you can replicate, open another issue for that one.
I'm not so sure about the dot after the options in Modifier. Like, instead of "Ability score.", how about "Ability score"? Your sheet, of course. If you want an Issue for that I'll open one.
Kryx said: Skill modifiers are like any other modifier. Firstly you have dice (1d8 for example), then an ability (Dex for example), then the open ended modifier (1 or @{fighter_level} for example). Can you explain what "Passive ___," does? I can't quote figure it out by playing with it. It doesn't seem to have an effect but maybe I'm not using it right. It'd be interesting to be able to exempt passive from the modifier; right now it applies.

Edited 1494740215
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thorsten B. said: @keithcurtis, I can replicate the die not applying and have opened an issue for it. I can't replicate the ability mod not applying to a skill check, but I didn't test much beyond one try. If you can replicate, open another issue for that one. That's the behavior I was seeing. Thanks. I got called to family duties after my last post and didn't have a chance to follow up.

Edited 1494756017
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thorsten B. said: I'm not so sure about the dot after the options in Modifier. Like, instead of "Ability score.", how about "Ability score"? Your sheet, of course. If you want an Issue for that I'll open one. The period matches the styling of attacks, actions, class features, etc. That styling is based on the monster manual's actions, reactions, and legendary actions. Thorsten B. said: Can you explain what "Passive ___," does? I can't quote figure it out by playing with it. It doesn't seem to have an effect but maybe I'm not using it right. It'd be interesting to be able to exempt passive from the modifier; right now it applies. The modifier for a skill applies to the skill's roll as well as the passive. The passive applies only to the passive. So if I have skill_$5 with a modifier of 2 and a passive modifier of 5 then skill_$5's skill roll will increase by 2 and its passive will increase by 5+2=7.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
13.0.1 Bug Fixes Fixed javascript errors that occur on new characters #488: Initiative modifier transferred incompletely on upgrade #487: Upon upgrade, Light Armor loses its type #486: Modifiers: Ability checks double bonus from ability for passive Initiative second ability moved to Modifiers and upgraded #485: Skill modifier and initiative modifier dice does not apply

Edited 1494800566
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
14.0.0 Breaking Changes There are several breaking changes with regards to the script in this version. See Ammo qty renamed to "uses" and Attacks have been renamed "Offense" . Meaning ammo will likely not auto subtract until it is fixed as well as the attacks token action needing to be updated to offense. qty has been removed everywhere on the sheet including ammo which may break ammo reduction. I have upgraded qty for ammo and equipment, but not attacks. Attacks have been renamed Offense and they no longer require an attack. Utility has been added below Offense and it contains healing and content. In some upcoming versions I will add some SRD importing data to utility. Closes #168: Expand Equipment Quick removed from equipment and armor. Armor never needed it and equipment only needed it because the utility section didn't exist. passive skills are now named passive_SKILLNAME . For example: passive_perception . Features Potions will now automatically add uses and base their weight on uses #375: Spell uses , though they are not editable in presentation mode and the script needs to add functionality to support them #483: Skill list sorting for different languages FYI I will be out of town most of this week so do not put this untested version on your main campaign as I will be unable to fix any issues. That said I'd appreciate some testing on these and the other recent changes.
Hello! I'm a player using the D&D 5e Shaped v11.3.3 sheet and I'm having an issue where I can't click and drag Class Features to sort them when using the latest versions of Firefox or Chrome.  The sheet is in Edit mode > Modify > clicking and dragging the three horizontal bars to drag individual Class Features doesn't work.   Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there an easier way to do sort the features in the order I want?  Thanks in advance for any responses.
Joe said: Hello! I'm a player using the D&D 5e Shaped v11.3.3 sheet and I'm having an issue where I can't click and drag Class Features to sort them when using the latest versions of Firefox or Chrome.  The sheet is in Edit mode > Modify > clicking and dragging the three horizontal bars to drag individual Class Features doesn't work.   Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there an easier way to do sort the features in the order I want?  Thanks in advance for any responses. I think you can only reorganize items when the sheet is not popped out of the main window. I am not sure why that is but it is roll20 thing and not a sheet specific thing. H
HLazar said: I think you can only reorganize items when the sheet is not popped out of the main window. I am not sure why that is but it is roll20 thing and not a sheet specific thing. H Is there a way to prevent the window from automatically popping out into its own window?  It does this automatically when I click on my character from the journal.  Again, thanks in advance for any replies.
In game go to the cogwheel for options. 2nd checkbox down.
Jim W. said: In game go to the cogwheel for options. 2nd checkbox down. Excellent...thank you!  My issue is resolved now.
I am loving both the sheet and the companion script - but I am having what is (to me) weirdness which I can't pin down. When I configure the sheet to show target AC (click token to select target) - it works like a charm - except that for some reason, it is rolling the damage dice *twice* , and there's no apparent pattern as to whether it uses the higher or lower result. (Never uses both dice. Just rolls two dice). Is there a setting I've missed somewhere??

Edited 1494881063
Drew T. said: I am loving both the sheet and the companion script - but I am having what is (to me) weirdness which I can't pin down. When I configure the sheet to show target AC (click token to select target) - it works like a charm - except that for some reason, it is rolling the damage dice *twice* , and there's no apparent pattern as to whether it uses the higher or lower result. (Never uses both dice. Just rolls two dice). Is there a setting I've missed somewhere?? If you're talking about 3D Dice, that's because you have "Automatically roll damage for attacks" ticked in the Settings tab. Because the roll template doesn't know at the point when a roll is made whether or not you got a crit, it has to roll crit dice regardless, but the roll template just shows/hides those dice results in the chat as applicable. However if Auto roll damage is unticked, the roll template then knows if it is a crit or not and therefore only shows the correct dice. Unfortunately it's just a limitation of roll20's system.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Screenshots are very important for me to understand what you mean. 3D dice are rolling twice or the output shows two damage? If it's 3D dice then this is a known issue with roll20's system and is true for every roll template using character sheet (almost all use roll templates). If damage is showing twice then turn off "roll2".

Edited 1494881149
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
techiecarer said: If you're talking about 3D Dice, that's because you have "Automatically roll damage for attacks" ticked in the Settings tab. Because the roll template doesn't know at the point when a roll is made whether or not you got a crit, it has to roll crit dice regardless, but the roll template just shows/hides those dice results in the chat as applicable. However if Auto roll damage is unticked, the roll template then knows if it is a crit or not and therefore only shows the correct dice. Unfortunately it's just a limitation of roll20's system. Ah, I never even considered this as a benefit for people who use 3D dice. Nice! Now I can recommend that people with 3D dice turn that setting off.
Got it. I think. The d20 roll is now only showing once (yes, 3D dice) and I have unticked Auto Roll damage.  It is rolling the damage dice twice, still - but you are correct, only posting it once in the chat window. The only thing left (in this section) that - although it just seems cosmetic - is the word 'false' in the chat log for every attack.  Kryx, I really like the interaction of the sheet with the 3D dice - I know lots don't like them, but my group of players likes 'seeing' the dice, even if its a graphic on a computer screen rather than actual dice. Its pretty seamless. (Although I'm already a few versions behind, I just can't keep up with your rapid development cycle)
Hello, I've just started using the Shaped Sheet, so far it looks really great, but I'm having a problem rolling initiative with advantage.  If I use the sheet option in the initiative to section "Roll options: Advantage" it works fine, but if I also tick the "Send to tracker" it reverts back to rolling only one die (but still display the green marker for advantage).  Is there some setting I'm missing somewhere?
Cynan said: Hello, I've just started using the Shaped Sheet, so far it looks really great, but I'm having a problem rolling initiative with advantage.  If I use the sheet option in the initiative to section "Roll options: Advantage" it works fine, but if I also tick the "Send to tracker" it reverts back to rolling only one die (but still display the green marker for advantage).  Is there some setting I'm missing somewhere? If you hover over the die result, you'll see that it is actually rolling 2 dice, it uses the formula 2d20kh1 (roll 2 d20 and keep the higher result of the two)
Zym
Sheet Author
Hello Cynan, Its great to see you using the wonderful sheet. techiecarer is correct. Once you get familiar with the sheet, you will probably want to use the Shaped Sheets Companion. Once you have set this up you can set up "roll queries" as macros for you and your players at your game. Now, I know I am probably getting ahead of you quite a lot here, but using Roll2 is probably the best way to go. Kryx, is roll2 still the only option not causing issues with Roll Query?
Thanks for a quick answer! So, that's what I thought at first as well, when I hover on the result without "send to the tracker" it displays "2d20kh1 +dex", but when send to tracker is set it's simply "rolling d20 + dex".  Also when 3D dices are enabled it only rolls one.

Edited 1494974472
Cynan said: Thanks for a quick answer! So, that's what I thought at first as well, when I hover on the result without "send to the tracker" it displays "2d20kh1 +dex", but when send to tracker is set it's simply "rolling d20 + dex".  Also when 3D dices are enabled it only rolls one. Hmm, I would suggest making a blank character in your campaign and see if the same issue occurs, in which case you can make an entry on Kryx's Issue Tracker (listed on the first post of the thread). I can't seem to reproduce it on a blank character in my campaign (v13.0.1). Though I am getting a separate bug regarding Initiative that may be related (Kryx, I'm posting this here as I can't reproduce the bug on a blank character): I have a PC who has Advantage on Init from a Sentinel Shield and is set to such in the sheet's Settings tab. All my sheets use roll2 as default roll option, but whenever her sheet rolls initiative, the roll option for the sheet gets reset to Normal. Seems like it might be an errant attribute held over from a upgrade as it only seems to happen on upgraded sheets (have tested it on another PC in the same campaign with the same results), not new ones.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alexander said: using Roll2 is probably the best way to go. From a design perspective roll2 is a limited approach that doesn't work with some nice features with the sheet. I've left it for people who have grown accustomed to it, but I'd greatly encourage not using it. Alexander said: Kryx, is roll2 still the only option not causing issues with Roll Query? I'm not sure what you mean by roll query. Always querying how to roll? That's a separate setting from normal or roll2.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
techiecarer said: I have a PC who has Advantage on Init from a Sentinel Shield and is set to such in the sheet's Settings tab. All my sheets use roll2 as default roll option, but whenever her sheet rolls initiative, the roll option for the sheet gets reset to Normal. Seems like it might be an errant attribute held over from a upgrade as it only seems to happen on upgraded sheets (have tested it on another PC in the same campaign with the same results), not new ones. The roll setting being reset sounds like the script is trying to revert advantage after a roll. Try turning that setting off. Beyond that you'd have to ask Lucian for what is causing that as I'm unsure the exact checks he does before reverting advantage. Though he's busy lately and if it's a big problem it may be easier to recreate the PC (I can recreate a PC in about 5 mins)
Kryx said: The roll setting being reset sounds like the script is trying to revert advantage after a roll. Try turning that setting off. Beyond that you'd have to ask Lucian for what is causing that as I'm unsure the exact checks he does before reverting advantage. Though he's busy lately and if it's a big problem it may be easier to recreate the PC (I can recreate a PC in about 5 mins) That did the trick, didn't even realise the setting was ticked as I have the defaults set to off. Oh well, at least that fixes that issue :) Can't wait to tinker with 14.0.0 (not upgrading until after my regular game tomorrow, just in case)
techiecarer said: Cynan said: Thanks for a quick answer! So, that's what I thought at first as well, when I hover on the result without "send to the tracker" it displays "2d20kh1 +dex", but when send to tracker is set it's simply "rolling d20 + dex".  Also when 3D dices are enabled it only rolls one. Hmm, I would suggest making a blank character in your campaign and see if the same issue occurs, in which case you can make an entry on Kryx's Issue Tracker (listed on the first post of the thread). I can't seem to reproduce it on a blank character in my campaign (v13.0.1). Thanks, creating a new character and relinking the token seems to have fixed it, not sure why but I'll take it haha
I've been having trouble with v1.3.3. One of my players has a frostbrand weapon, and we split the damage into two separate categories to ensure that any resistance is properly applied. Now we can't find a secondary damage option. <a href="https://gyazo.com/4936afd9fb800d9012393deabb5b0029" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/4936afd9fb800d9012393deabb5b0029</a> Is there somewhere i'm not looking?
Big D said: Is there somewhere i'm not looking? Click the dropdown with the "-" next to damage and change to "plus" which will then give the secondary damage boxes
techiecarer said: Big D said: Is there somewhere i'm not looking? Click the dropdown with the "-" next to damage and change to "plus" which will then give the secondary damage boxes Ahhh I see it. Thank you!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have time to work on the sheet this weekend so if anyone has time I'd love some 14.0.0 testing. I'll likely touch up a few things and try it on my main campaign.
My player seem to tell me that spells are bugging out. Prepared spells are becoming unprepared after being cast.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rif said: My player seem to tell me that spells are bugging out. Prepared spells are becoming unprepared after being cast. Issue tracker Please report any issues on the issue tracker.