Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Kryx said: BP said: I still like the ability of having the ammo separate from the weapon, since it allows for multiple ammo types for a single weapon. EX: I have a longbow and shortbow with fire arrows, normal arrows, and acid arrows. I can set the ammo type as a query or I create multiple weapons, but still able to track the resources for each arrow type. What would be nice is if the ammo had its own damage associated with it that would act like a secondary damage type. (will create a request for it) Ammo type cannot be set as a query as when that value is set it looks up the ammo and uses that type. I'd like to add that feature, but that's not how it currently works. I'll have to test more, but I thought I had it working.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shadowspawn said: Curiosity here Kryx. Currently the sheet 14.0.2 does not add up total weight of all the items in either the Offense or Equipment sections of the sheet. I am assuming this is something you have been working on or am I missing how to make it work, or perhaps I need to open a ticket? #493: Weight Totals Incorrect

Edited 1495725193
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
BP said: I'll have to test more, but I thought I had it working. I am quite sure that it is not actually working. The name may output as the query, but the ammo that would be reduced is chosen at the point the ammo name is typed in to the offense item. It cannot happen on the fly via query.
Kryx said: Jim W. said: The other complexity that used to be possible with Ammo is number of bits of ammo used, which I thought was ideal for the complex staff options but never used.  I believe ammo has always been 1 per use. It's not something that I can easily change as Lucian manages that. I remember testing this in your campaign a while back, as it was not working.  I think you and Lucian eventually got it to work but things have changed...
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Actually you're totally right. The feature to have the offense item determine the number of ammo used has been there for quite a while. It's visible once the ammo field name has content.
Kryx said: The issue is I want to avoid having uses and qty because then it would make senses to allow both to be reduced from the presentation view and that massively clutters it. Seeing as they provide the same basic functionality, having only one makes sense. Perhaps, if making the entries readable/intuitive is a priority, the name used ("Uses" vs "Qty") could be selected from a dropdown menu in edit mode. This could change the presentation from " Item (5/5) " to " Item x5 " for instance. But behind the scenes you still only have one field. Actually, perhaps if there is no maximum uses filled in (e.g. " (5/_) ") then it should be presented as a multiplier? The functionality is there, it's just whether it's intuitive to someone coming to the sheet brand new that they should put 5 uses of books for the 5 books they just looted.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As part of 14.1.0 the max will be hidden unless there is a recharge.
Kryx said: As part of 14.1.0 the max will be hidden unless there is a recharge. How does this effect items that have recharges not listed? For instance a number of magic items recharge "at dawn".
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A manual recharge has been added as part of 14.1.0 It'll be more clear when I post the changelog

Edited 1495733494
Maybe create a Suggestion for a Rest type "dawn" and recharge type "at dawn"?  Although then you would need "midnight" and "dusk" etc etc? Manual processing?.. something we did a lot more of before we had this wonderful sheet! Edit: Oops so slow I was Ninja'd by 16 minutes! lol
Jim W. said: Maybe create a Suggestion for a Rest type "dawn" and recharge type "at dawn"?  Although then you would need "midnight" and "dusk" etc etc? Manual processing?.. something we did a lot more of before we had this wonderful sheet! If I recall there was a Sage advise about the 'at dawn' being intended to be Long Rest.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
BP said: If I recall there was a Sage advise about the 'at dawn' being intended to be Long Rest. As far as I'm aware they are different things. Additionally not all parties would sleep during the night. I think it's safest to leave it up to a user to force that connection if they so desire.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
14.1.0 Features uses_max will now only show if there is a recharge value. This makes items like potions and other consumables or even non-consumables much more logical sense. I have removed uses_max from all sections unless the recharge is set. This will capture the most common case of the uses_max being automatically added by me. The other case of an item being manually recharged will have its uses_max removed as well and that will need to be manually turned back on. weight_per_use is a toggle, not a separate field. It has been upgraded. Parsed ammo from SRD for all PHB weapons like Longbow, Dart, Net, Crossbow, Handaxe, Dagger, Javelin, etc. Weight is set appropriately. Closes #8: Auto populate ammo when dragging ranged weapons from the SRD Bug Fixes Weight for Offense , Utility , Equipment , and Armor will now update the total properly when an individual item is adjusted. Closes #493: Weight Totals Incorrect . An upgrade should force calculate the weight of each of these sections. Any item with qty upgraded as part of 14.0.0 will no longer have its weight transferred to weight_per_use . Existing characters will need to manually adjust the values (and remove uses_max ). Closes #495: Item quantity/weight after upgrade to 14.0.x .
Kryx said: BP said: If I recall there was a Sage advise about the 'at dawn' being intended to be Long Rest. As far as I'm aware they are different things. Additionally not all parties would sleep during the night. I think it's safest to leave it up to a user to force that connection if they so desire. Thank you Kryx, that makes the most sense. And I believe dawn means the recharge will happen whether or not the party rests per Crawford and Perkins. &nbsp; <a href="http://www.sageadvice.eu/search_gcse/?q=recharge%2" rel="nofollow">http://www.sageadvice.eu/search_gcse/?q=recharge%2</a>...
The Offense subsection has disappeared from the Equipment tab in 14.1.0, is this intentional?

Edited 1495811903
Sorry if this has been covered, but is there a way to make damage rolls of 1 count as a 2 for spells, like for Elemental Adept?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
James M. said: The Offense subsection has disappeared from the Equipment tab in 14.1.0, is this intentional? Will be fixed as part of 14.1.1 James F. said: Sorry if this has been covered, but is there a way to make damage rolls of 1 count as a 2 for spells, like for Elemental Adept? You'll need to do that manually on each spell. It's a complex formula where you basically split out every dice and make sure its a minimum of 2. So for example fireball you'd have 8 dice all with a minimum of 2. I forget the exact syntax.
basically&nbsp;[[{1d6, 0d1+2}kh1 +{1d6, 0d1+2}kh1 +2]] i think, than Kryx, I actually found its something on the "would be nice list" after I posted but was unsure if you knew of another way around that may work better, thanks for the quick response and all the work you've done on the sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It would be difficult to implement, but feel free to add it as a feature request on the issue tracker. I'm glad you enjoy the sheet. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
14.1.1 Bug Fixes Offense is included in the equipment tab again #499: Equipment weight does not recalculate
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
14.2.0 Features Added a macro to output all resistances and immunities Changing an attack type from melee to ranged or vice versa will now update the attack and damage abilities as appropriate. It can be changed afterwards if houserules are desired. Changing an armor type will now update the dexterity as appropriate. It can be changed afterwards if houserules are desired. Closes #468: Dex mod retained when upgrading armor to Plate Armor from Leather Armor Acid, Alchemist's Fire, Antitoxin, Ball Bearings, Caltrops, Chalk, Healer's Kit, Holy Water, Ink, Oil, Perfume, Basic Poison, Rations, Iron Spikes, and Waterskin will be parsed to have uses when dragged from the SRD or typed in. Items with charges (such as Wand of Magic Missiles) will be parsed to have uses and recharge manually Added a "add common items" button to the equipment section to automatically add Backpack, Bedroll, Common Clothes, Rations, Waterskin, Mess Kit, Tinderbox, and a Healer's Kit Bug Fixes Armor is never calculated on a per repeating item basis to avoid any AC calculation issues. Closes #502: Armor not adding in 14.1.1
Kryx said: Added a "add common items" button to the equipment section to automatically add Backpack, Bedroll, Common Clothes, Rations, Waterskin, Mess Kit, Tinderbox, and a Healer's Kit Woot! Awesome, great idea :D
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
14.2.1 Bug Fixes #504: New spells are broken due to a Javascript error Cleaned up my release cycle so that the process is streamlined and another developer could pick it up if that ever happens
And here I thought Traveler's Clothes was the new way to title cycles haha.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
14.2.2 Bug Fixes #506: Spells still broken and items in 14.2.1 #507: Magical armor not adding the bonus to AC
I heard through the grapevine that there might be some integration with D&D Beyond and VTTs. If that happens do you plan on this sheet being compatible?&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When and if D&D beyond has some kind of export functionality or integration functionality I will support it as much as I'm able to within the possibilities of Roll20's content licensing.
Cool. Yeah, I guess it's still a long way off too. Good to know though.
So, are all condensed spells supposed to be highlighted, whether they're prepared or not? 'Cause that's what I'm getting. This will be a bit problematic for my spellcaster PCs.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There has been no purposeful change in behavior regarding prepared spells and highlighting. If you believe there is a bug please open an issue with steps to reproduce on a clean charcter.
This might be a random question, but are you planning on adding Mystic and Artificier since they're the next official classes? &nbsp;Probably coming out fairly soon? &nbsp;There already on the DMSGUILD for play testing.

Edited 1496271822
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What about an artificer is unsupported? I had one play for a while and it's currently in the list of options to choose from. Even the Mystic would work with the sheet as far as I'm aware - use spell points for psi points and create class features as normal. Disciplines could also work under the class features setup.
What about mystic I see options for psionics is it in the works.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheet includes some custom classes of mine as optional options, psionics is one of those, but it mainly just modifies the components of spells for that system. Full Discipline support is not in the works currently, no.
Son_of_Orion said: So, are all condensed spells supposed to be highlighted, whether they're prepared or not? 'Cause that's what I'm getting. This will be a bit problematic for my spellcaster PCs. I was also wondering about this; it's fine on the macro, not on the sheet. Have opened an issue.
Jedd
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
I'm running Shaped v14.2.2 and Companion v10.0.1. I'm really starting to love it, but I can't figure out how to get FX in spells to work. I enter them in under the spell properties, but nothing happens when I cast a spell. What am I missing?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You need to have a Pro account to use FX.
Jedd
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
keithcurtis said: You need to have a Pro account to use FX. I do, the "Pro" flag is just replaced by the "Kickstarter Backer" flag.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FX just output code to the chat which the script then processes to show FX. Can you open an issue on my tracker with steps to reproduce on a new character? I can then determine what is wrong. It'll likely either be the format that you use my communication with lucian lucian using that communication to show the FX
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jedd said: keithcurtis said: You need to have a Pro account to use FX. I do, the "Pro" flag is just replaced by the "Kickstarter Backer" flag. Well live and learn.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
14.2.3 Bug Fixes The way that proficiency bonus updates all its dependencies has been changed. This should make it so that all of its dependencies only update when the proficiency bonus actually updates instead of it always updating when it could've possibly updated. Closes #509: NPC prof bonus not updated when decreasing CR #510: NPC caster level not being taken into account as appropriate without updates #508: Prepared spell highlighting on the sheet
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is everyone else able to verify&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/512/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/512/</a>... ? I am unable to import spells from the script. If enough people confirm on different versions of the sheet then I suspect this may be a Roll20 issue and not some kind of code issue. If you experience this on anything other than 14.2.X please post that you cannot import a spell from the script and the version. If it works please say so as well.

Edited 1496702025
Works fine in sheet 11.5.0 just added and removed a spell from a character dragged from Volo's Guide. Edit: Added spell looks good and clicking to cast looks good. Added Cure Wounds and does not prompt for spell level.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Imported the spell via the script?

Edited 1496701827
Kryx said: Is everyone else able to verify&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/512/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/512/</a>... ? I am unable to import spells from the script. If enough people confirm on different versions of the sheet then I suspect this may be a Roll20 issue and not some kind of code issue. If you experience this on anything other than 14.2.X please post that you cannot import a spell from the script and the version. If it works please say so as well. 14.2.3 with either Lucian's 10.0.1 script or one with updates to Offense/Utility act as noted in the issue post (i.e. information is still imported but Content and Higher Level Dice not ticked so do not output) 13.0.1 with Lucian's 10.0.1 script works with no issues.
Kryx said: Imported the spell via the script? Yes, using !shaped-spells. &nbsp;Bane works fine.&nbsp; Cure Wounds does not prompt for level.&nbsp; Double checked and should prompt as set accordingl.&nbsp; Existing spells do not prompt for level either.

Edited 1496704116
Running 14.2.3 with newest companion script. Imported Fireball using !shaped-spell, it didn't prompt for spell level. Content box was ticked and did not output, Higher Level box was not ticked. After unticking and ticking both boxes, the spell prompted for spell level and output all text.

Edited 1496703288
Further testing sheet 11.5.0 Fireball (same newly imported character) prompts for level twice, once when cast and once when click on saving throw failure.&nbsp; It does not, however reduce spell slot at higher level. Spell has show higher level text "unticked" but does display it. Removed and readded fireball, via !shaped-spells.&nbsp; Behaviour is the same, except removes the spell slot when cast and then when prompts for spell level when doing damage the spell slot is no longer available.&nbsp; [The creature only has one spell slot at the chosen level].
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm only asking for old behavior to ensure the change is on my end. It seems so. Thanks.

Edited 1496839594
Still using 11.3.3 here - how do I update? Not Pro account, so no custom sheets available.