Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Tormund GM said: Shadowspawn said: You need to have the most recent translation file also.  Ok i add latest . but it still red, and on api i get this  Once you add the latest Translation file you will have to reload Roll20. At least that has been how I have solved this issue in the past. If that does not work I suggest opening a Issue on the tracker.
So it doesn`t work and issue is deleted on the tracker. =_= try this on another NEW game and also this trouble appears.

Edited 1498520915
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue isn't deleted, just marked as not a bug. Please follow the instructions in the OP. You must copy <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/master/5eShaped/translation.json" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/master/5eShaped/translation.json</a> to your custom campaign. I am unable to manually help as only the original GM of a campaign can edit a game's sheet. So you'll have to follow the instructions in the OP of this thread.
Is there a smart way of adding the sorcerer class trait Elemental Affinity to the damage of your spells of the chosen damage type, besides manually modifying the spells of that type after dragging them into the spell book from the SRD? I see the trait in the trait list on the character sheet, but would rather just roll for damage with 1 click and not having to manually add this every time using spells of that specific element.
Gediablo said: Is there a smart way of adding the sorcerer class trait Elemental Affinity to the damage of your spells of the chosen damage type, besides manually modifying the spells of that type after dragging them into the spell book from the SRD? I see the trait in the trait list on the character sheet, but would rather just roll for damage with 1 click and not having to manually add this every time using spells of that specific element. Easiest way I know of is to modify each spell as you add them to the sheet. It is only a couple clicks per spell. For instance Burning Hands would look like&nbsp; after adding CHA to the Saving Throw Failure damage. One click to cast the spell and the CHA damage is automatically added.
You could add an attacher to your spells to add a button/text to press/remind if it comes into play. Sort of like how the&nbsp; barbarian&nbsp; has a reminder about rage damage or like a&nbsp; rogue&nbsp; or&nbsp; paladin&nbsp; can click for sneak attack or smiting. These are all detailed in the documentation. They will not auto calculate but it will be a sentence or click away.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shadowspawn said: Easiest way I know of is to modify each spell as you add them to the sheet. It is only a couple clicks per spell. For instance Burning Hands would look like&nbsp; after adding CHA to the Saving Throw Failure damage. One click to cast the spell and the CHA damage is automatically added. This is how I do it.
How do I automatically deduct sorcery points for use of bad luck and other meta magic?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorcerery points are manually deducted.
Kryx said: Sorcerery points are manually deducted. When I click on sorcery points it deducts them. &nbsp;Isn't there a command to deduct them when they are a fix amount life for bend luck? &nbsp;&nbsp;
Albert R. said: Kryx said: Sorcerery points are manually deducted. When I click on sorcery points it deducts them. &nbsp;Isn't there a command to deduct them when they are a fix amount life for bend luck? &nbsp;&nbsp; I use chat set attribute commands in the freestyle section !setattr --name Uriah Blackwatch --modb --repeating_classfeature_-KeAZisQauiUws57nsEt_uses#-1 !setattr --name Uriah Blackwatch --modb --repeating_classfeature_-KeAZisQauiUws57nsEt_uses#-?{Level of Spell Being Twinned|Cantrip,1|1st,1|2nd,2|3rd,3|4th,4|5th,5|6th,6|7th,7|8th,8|9th,9}
Gary W. said: Albert R. said: Kryx said: Sorcerery points are manually deducted. When I click on sorcery points it deducts them. &nbsp;Isn't there a command to deduct them when they are a fix amount life for bend luck? &nbsp;&nbsp; I use chat set attribute commands in the freestyle section !setattr --name Uriah Blackwatch --modb --repeating_classfeature_-KeAZisQauiUws57nsEt_uses#-1 !setattr --name Uriah Blackwatch --modb --repeating_classfeature_-KeAZisQauiUws57nsEt_uses#-?{Level of Spell Being Twinned|Cantrip,1|1st,1|2nd,2|3rd,3|4th,4|5th,5|6th,6|7th,7|8th,8|9th,9} Gary W. said: Albert R. said: Kryx said: Sorcerery points are manually deducted. When I click on sorcery points it deducts them. &nbsp;Isn't there a command to deduct them when they are a fix amount life for bend luck? &nbsp;&nbsp; I use chat set attribute commands in the freestyle section !setattr --name Uriah Blackwatch --modb --repeating_classfeature_-KeAZisQauiUws57nsEt_uses#-1 !setattr --name Uriah Blackwatch --modb --repeating_classfeature_-KeAZisQauiUws57nsEt_uses#-?{Level of Spell Being Twinned|Cantrip,1|1st,1|2nd,2|3rd,3|4th,4|5th,5|6th,6|7th,7|8th,8|9th,9} Thanks Gary. &nbsp;Your a righteous dude!
HLazar said: Matt said: I have a special case I'm trying to set up, but the sheet doesn't seem to currently support it. I guess this is a suggestion? I am trying to create an attacher to auto-fire a character trait (the cleric "Blessed Healer" trait) whenever the character casts a spell that heals someone. I see an option to add an attacher to all spells, or to spells of specific levels, but not to spells that heal. I was hoping that, as there's a universal modifier for healing, there would be an attacher option as well. See the proposed option for life cleric in the following part of the documentation.&nbsp; <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnW" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnW</a>... H Thanks H, but this is a different ability. It's not the flat bonus to healing spells outlined in the doc, but rather additional healing to the caster anytime they cast a healing spell. I can make it an attacher to all spells, but I'd rather it only appear for those spells that do some healing.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Matt create it as a class feature and then reference it from the freeform section. spell_level will pass over. I can give an example in an hour or two - I'm trying to put out a release of the script.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Matt see&nbsp;<a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnWsKZt2tAB0EQSIVEfeMtT0GifbpJIg/edit#heading=h.fwdiswk90g98" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnWsKZt2tAB0EQSIVEfeMtT0GifbpJIg/edit#heading=h.fwdiswk90g98</a> which is a similar feature and should give you enough information to setup blessed healer.

Edited 1498674176
I'm currently using the roll20 version 11.3.3; obviously I do not know if these things have changed in versions after this, but I don't have Pro to access the API so I'm stuck which this version. Is there a way for the sheet to calculate how many spells a character can prepare. e.g. 3rd level cleric with a wisdom of 18 can prepare 7 spells (wis mod 4 + cleric level 3 = 7). Currently I know that you can mark a spell as prepared and see the total of prepared spells but having the sheet auto calculate how many you are allowed to prepare would be nice. It would be nice to have something like the picture above were it shows prepared / maximum prepared. Off the back of that, a clerics domain spells are always prepared and don't count against the amount of spells you have prepared. Currently cantrips marked as prepared don't count to the total of prepared spells, yet it is nice to mark them as prepared so then you can enable the prepared filter to see all of your current spells. However when you mark a cleric domain spell as prepared you run into the issue of the total prepared spells increasing. It would be nice to be able to mark a spell as "always" prepared. This would let you then let you see them when the prepared filter is enabled but would stop the prepared spells increasing.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please put any suggestion on the issue tracker linked from the OP. Your post includes multiple suggestions so please open an issue for each.
Kryx said: Please put any suggestion on the issue tracker linked from the OP. Your post includes multiple suggestions so please open an issue for each. Kryx, I just want to say that you have done an AWESOME job with your 5e shaped sheet. &nbsp; I don't think you get thanked enough for all the work you continue to put into it. &nbsp;You are one righteous dude!&nbsp;
Kryx said: @Matt see&nbsp; <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnWsKZt2tAB0EQSIVEfeMtT0GifbpJIg/edit#heading=h.fwdiswk90g98" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnWsKZt2tAB0EQSIVEfeMtT0GifbpJIg/edit#heading=h.fwdiswk90g98</a> which is a similar feature and should give you enough information to setup blessed healer. Thanks, Kryx. I did something along the same line (a text link to the feature manually added to each relevant spell description). Calling it like this is good, too. I was just hoping for a new future feature for attachers so as to avoid manually editing the spells.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The feature is not part of the srd so I can't add it to the sheet.

Edited 1498747701
after adding CHA to the Saving Throw Failure damage. One click to cast the spell and the CHA damage is automatically added. Fair enough - what I already did. Maybe more a 5E rule question than a sheet question, but what about Magic Missiles and Scorching Ray? Afaik Magic Missile you generally rolls for damage once, and Scorching Ray you roll for hit and damage per ray. So they both get the CHA damage for each missile/ray, or just 1 per spell, or maybe once per target? Simplest solution with the Shaped sheet in mind i per missile/ray as far as I can see, right?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
RAW and RAI: Magic Missile is one damage which includes Cha on all. Scorching ray is multiple attacks, each with their own damage, and features like elemental affinity are only added on the first attack. It's not really possible to model the 2nd case in the sheet. If you want to adhere to those rules you'll have to create a second scorching ray for the secondary attacks. Treating it otherwise making Scorching Ray type spells way stronger than intended though so I'd suggest not adding cha to all for balance sake.
Gediablo said: Fair enough - what I already did. Maybe more a 5E rule question than a sheet question, but what about Magic Missiles and Scorching Ray? Afaik Magic Missile you generally rolls for damage once, and Scorching Ray you roll for hit and damage per ray. So they both get the CHA damage for each missile/ray, or just 1 per spell, or maybe once per target? Simplest solution with the Shaped sheet in mind i per missile/ray as far as I can see, right? The official 5E PHB errata says the sorcerer only gets the Elemental Affinity damage bonus on one roll: Elemental Afnity (p. 102). The damage bonus applies to one damage roll of a spell, not multiple rolls.
Kryx, Where can I get version 11.5 of the sheet?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can either use 11.3.3 from roll20's character sheet repository or use the latest version from my github. Anything inbetween is unsupported and not distributed.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI I'm planning on releasing version 15.0.1 to normal users this coming tuesday. So feel free to test on the test campaign.
Kryx said: FYI I'm planning on releasing version 15.0.1 to normal users this coming tuesday. So feel free to test on the test campaign. 'Normal users' meaning to roll20 or to the Pro group that can set it as a custom sheet?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Meaning I'm releasing it to roll20 and everyone who has it selected as a sheet from roll20 will be forced to use the new version.
Kryx said: Meaning I'm releasing it to roll20 and everyone who has it selected as a sheet from roll20 will be forced to use the new version. With you at least temporarily maintaining the companion script will you also be releasing that on Tuesday?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You must always manually update the companion script.
Kryx said: You must always manually update the companion script. Fair enough Thanks
I'm not quite sure if I missed it somewhere seeing as this thread is now 32 pages (wow), but was it intended that we would have to re-input all the item quantities for the latest version (upgrading from the one that's live -- 11.3.3 )? Because after doing a test, I don't see any conversion of item quantities to uses, or such. It's problematic because my players are losing all their counts of items, such as potions, scrolls, and miscellaneous non-use items, and the newest sheet doesn't seem to have a quantities field... If this is an issue, I'll post it on the tracker, but I wanted to confirm if this was an intended behavior or intentional removal of all item quantities across the board. It would imagine if the sheet was pushed to the server, a few people keeping track of their item counts might get thrown for a loop.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is an upgrade for qty to uses. If you're experiencing otherwise please open a bug with an unopened version of the character imported to my development campaign.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI I have pulled my PR to roll20 so it will not go live to all users this week. I won't have enough time this week to support any bugs so I'll try next week.

Edited 1499123625
General Use question: Mystic, is it supported? (is that the same as the Psion on the sheet, and if so, how and where do you track Power Points and/or Disciplines) (using 15.0.1) I've turned on Psionics, but do not see any difference on the sheet, nor do I see any changes (addition of class features/etc for adding Psion or Soulknife) -- this was done with an upgrade character sheet though so perhaps everything works for new characters only.
Psion on sheet is homebrew of Kryx uses in his own game. I just set up a mystic. &nbsp;I placed talents and focus as cantrips and my other disciplines in spell level equal to lowest Psi necessary to activate. &nbsp;Then I set sheet to spell points and are using those to track my Psi Points.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
jbokcrusader said: I just set up a mystic. &nbsp;I placed talents and focus as cantrips and my other disciplines in spell level equal to lowest Psi necessary to activate. &nbsp;Then I set sheet to spell points and are using those to track my Psi Points. This is how I'd do it as well.
&gt; Translation Error: the key [STR] is not in the translation object. Are you, by chance, translating to a language other than English? If so, very few of these translations (if any) have been updated to keep pace with the sheet. Perfect opportunity to fork, add those translations, test it works, and issue a Pull Request! Your fellow &lt;speakers-of-target-language&gt; will be grateful.
Hello guys. Today was the first time I tried to use the 5e Shaped Companion and I am not able to make the ammo tracker work. He detects who I have 20 arrows , in the exit of the attack he informs that I have 19 arrows after the attack, but in the sheet they continue 20 , and from there it does not leave that 20/19. And what error is that of SRD?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Upgrade your script to 11.0.0 for ammo to work. You can follow the script progress&nbsp; [5e Shaped Companion] Version 11+
How would you set up a conditional crit range bonus (as in the Hexblade's Curse feature,&nbsp;<a href="http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/20170213_Wizrd_Wrlck_UAv2_i48nf.pdf" rel="nofollow">http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/20170213_Wizrd_Wrlck_UAv2_i48nf.pdf</a>)? Preferably, using v11.3.3?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Crit range can be toggled on via the settings tab and then edit it in the item.
Kryx said: Crit range can be toggled on via the settings tab and then edit it in the item. I know it's rediculous for one class to have it be able to be toggled on and off, but would be cool as hell if it were.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jerry F. said: I know it's rediculous for one class to have it be able to be toggled on and off, but would be cool as hell if it were. Hmm? Crit range can be toggled on and off as a setting. If you're looking to have it turned on sometimes then I'd suggest creating two offense/attack items.
Kryx said: Jerry F. said: I know it's rediculous for one class to have it be able to be toggled on and off, but would be cool as hell if it were. Hmm? Crit range can be toggled on and off as a setting. If you're looking to have it turned on sometimes then I'd suggest creating two offense/attack items. Agreed, that is the best way to handle that. I knew it and I didn't even think of it until you pointed it out to me.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.0.2 Bug Fixes #539: "extra on crit" doesn't work on secondary damage #541: Spell uses are not recharged on a rest #540: Inventory quantities do not convert when upgrading from 11.3.3 to 15.0.1 fixed as part of the 14.0.0 upgrade
Hello guys. I am having the following problem, every time I reboot my sandbox I get the following error message: Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 958 translation strings to worker..." "5eShapedCompanion 1499777605322 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScripts v10.0.1 &lt;=-" "5eShapedCompanion 1499777606493 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 15.0.1" "5eShapedCompanion 1499777606495 INFO : Configuration state: {\"version\":4.8,\"config\":{...}} "5eShapedCompanion 1499777606500 ERROR : Invalid configuration!" Give in my game I need to go there and reset to the default settings. Has anyone encountered this problem and could you help me? Att.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Mello, This thread is for the character sheet. For script issues see&nbsp; [5e Shaped Companion] Version 11+ or my&nbsp; Issue tracker for the script . It looks like you're on 10.0.1. Please upgrade to the latest version. If that doesn't work please continue the conversation at one of the other two places.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI 15.0.2 has been released to roll20 so everyone using the sheet from roll20 will get it when they merge (could be a while).