Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI 15.0.2 has now gone public to all users not using a custom sheet. The silence of this thread would indicate that there are no major issues discovered yet. Yay!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Huzzah! Thanks, Kryx!
The sheet is great Kryx, just wondering what should I typically use the utility section for?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Utility would cover all Potions (Healing, Fly, Invisibility, etc) as well as Wands and other uses
Hey Kryx. What happened to the Condition buttons in the latest version?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
#545: Conditions status blocks disappeared
Hey not sure when it disappeared but what happened to that table that was in the settings tab? The one where you could add flat modifiers to things like ranged or melee attack damage? Also how would you suggest increasing proficiency like with a Ioun Stone Mastery? Other than just adding an empty custom class to add levels until your PB is bumped?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Modifiers are on the core page. Any old bonuses from the settings page were upgraded there and you can add more if you desire. There is no such way to increase proficiency bonus on the sheet. You can use your method or manually adjust Pb on the attributes and abilities tab, but it'll reset on level change. I'm amazed that the mastery ioun stone exists. I believe it is the only item in the game that modifies proficiency bonus.. what poor design to attach bonuses onto the games scaling mechanism...
Taking 15.0.2 for a test drive. Very cool! Question: is there already a plan to add a condense/display toggle for modifiers? If not, I shall add as a request. Thanks for what must have been a heroic effort putting together all of these changes.

Edited 1499911573
All the PCs (and NPCs built as PCs) in the game I'm running have token actions set to their attacks that currently reference "%{selected|repeating_attack_$0_attack}" which apparently is no longer a valid value. What would be the current equivalent with the new sheet? (The Google Doc still references this as being valid, but it produces a "No ability was found" error in Roll20.) ETA: Figured it out. It's now "%{selected|repeating_offense_$0_roll}" What was the reasoning behind the rename?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The rename was done over 2 months ago. Scroll back to around page 25 or earlier for the discussion.
It seems that the weapon tab got a bit mixed up, while porting over the old numbers. A few things got doubled, Dagger for instance and it seems that the old weight numbers didnt get ported as well. If you re-drag & drop also a few other things change but as far as I saw nothing game breaking.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thrown weapons are purposefully split out now - the same as versatile.
Hi! great sheet. Im just goign to report an issue. There is a bug when you roll critical damage with modifier damage
Adding dice damage to attacks/spells via modifiers screws critical hits, it only rerolls the modifiers dice and not the weapon's/spell's. Would it also be possible to add damage type to modifiers?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If there are issues or suggestions please post them on the issue tracker. Any issues or suggestions posted here will be ignored.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.1.0 Features Alternate dice system of 2d10 and 3d6 can be used in place of a d20 now Saving throws can now have either 3 or 5 chances Added styling necessary for the script's new !shaped command
Doppel said: Adding dice damage to attacks/spells via modifiers screws critical hits, it only rerolls the modifiers dice and not the weapon's/spell's. Would it also be possible to add damage type to modifiers? <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues</a>

Edited 1500079474
I likely missed the conversation around this, but what's the intended organization of equipment now? I see offense, util, spells, equipment, armor. That's fairly obvious for many things, but less so for others. Is the intention that equipment is just mundane stuff, and everything that isn't offense or defense goes under util? For example, where would a Wand of healing go? Potion of blur? Scroll of flying? Ring of regeneration? Similar question for items that simulate spells, like a wand of lightning? Where's the preferred place for such items? Also, is there a reason to tag stuff adventuring gear, amulet, potion, ring, wondrous, whereas we don't have scrolls, wands, staffs, rods, etc? Just trying to understand the new layout. Thanks!
TheWebCoder said: I likely missed the conversation around this, but what's the intended organization of equipment now?&nbsp; The convo starts on page 25.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheWebCoder said: where would a Wand of healing go? Potion of blur? Scroll of flying? Ring of regeneration? Similar question for items that simulate spells, like a wand of lightning? Wand of Healing: utility Potion of Blur: utility linked to a spell with uses Scroll of Fly: utility linked to a spell with uses Ring of Regeneration: This doesn't have any active effect so I'd probably put it in equipment. Wand of Lighting: utility linked to a spell with uses You could also create those items as spells, but I personally would try to make them work as utility items. TheWebCoder said: Also, is there a reason to tag stuff adventuring gear, amulet, potion, ring, wondrous, whereas we don't have scrolls, wands, staffs, rods, etc? Just trying to understand the new layout. I added those as I was looking into parsing some of them and adding them to modifiers, but that was more effort than I was willing to invest. I should add the others. If you're willing to help an enhancement ticket with the missing item types would save me some time.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Documentation Vanakoji and I are currently updating and migrating the documentation to the&nbsp; Wiki . The wiki is open to all registered users to edit so if you think you can add valuable information please do! Though please give us a week or so to figure out how we want the wiki to function and the formatting of it. Thanks!
Kryx said: Documentation Vanakoji and I are currently updating and migrating the documentation to the&nbsp; Wiki . The wiki is open to all registered users to edit so if you think you can add valuable information please do! Though please give us a week or so to figure out how we want the wiki to function and the formatting of it. Thanks! That is a big job. Let us know if you need help once the organizing and/or formatting is ready to go. I am happy to commit time to transcribing sections.&nbsp; One suggestion is to add an FAQ section for basic questions like "why is my sheet rolling twice and how do I turn it off?" or "why can't I edit parts of the sheet?", etc.&nbsp;Good documentation will remove a significant percent of the response time and maybe even eliminate questions altogether.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HLazar said: One suggestion is to add an FAQ section for basic questions like "why is my sheet rolling twice and how do I turn it off?" or "why can't I edit parts of the sheet?", etc.&nbsp;Good documentation will remove a significant percent of the response time and maybe even eliminate questions altogether. As the creator of the sheet I can answer those questions, but I can't really think of them as I know the sheet so well so I need assistance here. If you could create such a section that'd help a lot. Feel free to start now on a new section like that.

Edited 1500162459
Kryx I use this in my "character creation guide" Assign your Ability Scores. You will want to assign your highest score to your primary stat and the rest in decreasing importance. “Power” Players will tend to optimize the highest number with the Classes primary stat(s) -- they will also tend to choose a Race that offers a Racial trait that increases that same score. Please add the racial modification, feat or leveling benefits to the Attribute’s second field, behind the primary score (See picture). ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ However, it seems that the second field has been removed in 15.x.x Is there a new location for such? (I was using this to allow me to review, and confirm matrix and point buys, and see where things were added by players as they progressed) Also in the Documentation; the link to your test campaign: Testing new versions I regularly release new versions. If you'd like to be involved in the testing period follow this thread. You can also see the latest code on my develop campaign returns:&nbsp;Not Authorized (Incorrect Game ID or Access Token) &nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Invite link has been editing in the OP. I'll edit it on my readme later. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/1206379/jqMVYw" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/1206379/jqMVYw</a> Modifiers to ability scores exist in the modifiers section of the character sheet.
I just really banged around on 15.0.2 and took it for a test drive. Handles playing RAW, or custom, or anything in between very elegantly.&nbsp;I think you've outdone yourself Kryx. Best version of the sheet yet!&nbsp;
Hi Kryx, I am also playing around with 15.0.2. Was it your intention to remove the attachers for attacks and replace them with modifiers? Because it is missing on my sheet and unless I am missing something, now my ability to attach Battlemaster elements to every attack is not present. Modifiers does not allow for freeform and a Utility option while it has a freeform does not allow it to attach to every attack. Therefore, I have to go into each weapon and add the freeform code. This is doable but certainly a step back. A fighter has lots of weapons. Before I go ahead and make this request on Bitbucket, let's make sure I am not missing anything. Otherwise, I will request to bring back attack attachers.
Nevermind, the attacher is now Offense and I really should have realized that. Making note of this for others in case they are working through that and not deleting the post.

Edited 1500380863
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.1.1 Bug Fixes #550: Modifier dice damage bugs critical damage #549: Offense attacher displays on utility items #558: Stealth Disadvantage on Armour doesn't go away when not equipped #555: Uses parsing of equipment has some bugs Updated documentation link to the new wiki and added a link on the version (goes to changelog) 15.1.1 is pushed to roll20, waiting for their approval.

Edited 1500401389
Hello Kryx! Awesome work as always with the new version. I am in the process of updating a character sheet to the new sheet and really like the flexiblity the modifiers section offers. Since the character i am updating is using the Hexblade's Curse Feature from the Hexblade Subclass WotC pushed out a few months ago in the UA, is there any chance to get a crit range modifer added? For now this specific feature is the only effect i know of that changes this, but in the future they could add more with this mechanic, and of course it also opens up the ability for homebrew effects of items, features and spells. :) Edit: Created a corresponding Issue on the tracker.
zerosius said: Hello Kryx! Awesome work as always with the new version. I am in the process of updating a character sheet to the new sheet and really like the flexiblity the modifiers section offers. Since the character i am updating is using the Hexblade's Curse Feature from the Hexblade Subclass WotC pushed out a few months ago in the UA, is there any chance to get a crit range modifer added? For now this specific feature is the only effect i know of that changes this, but in the future they could add more with this mechanic, and of course it also opens up the ability for homebrew effects of items, features and spells. :) Edit: Created a corresponding Issue on the tracker. I believe what you are looking for is already there.&nbsp;
Gary W. said: Yes i know that you can change it for every single weapon, but i meant the introduction of such a modifer in the new modifiers section so it applies to all weapon attacks when the modifer is active. Sorry should have been a bit clearer.
Hi, i am having trouble with updating the scripts for the companion. I did get it from GitHub using the link on the wiki and i get a lot of errors inside of the start up of its sand box is there a new one or is the new sheet not supported yet?
Mirror Self said: Hi, i am having trouble with updating the scripts for the companion. I did get it from GitHub using the link on the wiki and i get a lot of errors inside of the start up of its sand box is there a new one or is the new sheet not supported yet? Make sure it is from this thread.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5222093/5e-shape" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5222093/5e-shape</a>... Which leads to&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-api-scripts/tree" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-api-scripts/tree</a>...

Edited 1500596180
Is it possible to remove hit dice? I added more when switching from the NPC to the PC page and I can't seem to get rid of any of them besides going to the PC page and deleting class levels, which is something I don't want to do. Nevermind, I am an idiot. Didn't even think to delete the number from NPC page. I added them because the PC page gives me things like class details but the NPC page gives me Legendary Actions and all that.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Why don't you want to remove them from the PC page? Is the character a PC or NPC? Where are the extra he coming from? You'll need to be significantly more specific.
Rob A. said: All the PCs (and NPCs built as PCs) in the game I'm running have token actions set to their attacks that currently reference "%{selected|repeating_attack_$0_attack}" which apparently is no longer a valid value. What would be the current equivalent with the new sheet? (The Google Doc still references this as being valid, but it produces a "No ability was found" error in Roll20.) ETA: Figured it out. It's now "%{selected|repeating_offense_$0_roll}" What was the reasoning behind the rename? I'm having this problem right now trying to use !shaped-abilities --offense to create token actions and this is what I get: I'm not sure where to go to correct the information.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Should be %{repeating_offense_ID_roll}

Edited 1500623175
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Should be %{repeating_offense_ID_roll} The companion script seems to have a bug, it creates the macros as _offense, not _roll. I'll go report it... EDIT:&nbsp; #6 .

Edited 1500623478
Kryx said: Should be %{repeating_offense_ID_roll} Is this something I can change somewhere myself or is it something that gets fixed on someone else's end? &nbsp;FYI: Utility is doing the same thing
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brandon S. said: Kryx said: Should be %{repeating_offense_ID_roll} Is this something I can change somewhere myself or is it something that gets fixed on someone else's end? For now, you can just edit the abilities on the character sheet manually until the script gets fixed. (Just replace the _offense at the end with _roll).

Edited 1500624656
Jakob said: Brandon S. said: Kryx said: Should be %{repeating_offense_ID_roll} Is this something I can change somewhere myself or is it something that gets fixed on someone else's end? For now, you can just edit the abilities on the character sheet manually until the script gets fixed. (Just replace the _offense at the end with _roll).OK ^^^^ THIS is the exact problem I am talking about in the companion scripts thread bossman. And if his fix works I will do it on our end. My worry is this was working fine yesterday when creating new characters and 2 days ago with the same sheet and script version and then today they stopped working. I am really wondering if it is something server side with the API but I am no coder so will bow out to the pros here lol.
Mike said: Jakob said: Brandon S. said: Kryx said: Should be %{repeating_offense_ID_roll} Is this something I can change somewhere myself or is it something that gets fixed on someone else's end? For now, you can just edit the abilities on the character sheet manually until the script gets fixed. (Just replace the _offense at the end with _roll).OK ^^^^ THIS is the exact problem I am talking about in the companion scripts thread bossman. And if his fix works I will do it on our end. My worry is this was working fine yesterday when creating new characters and 2 days ago with the same sheet and script version and then today they stopped working. I am really wondering if it is something server side with the API but I am no coder so will bow out to the pros here lol. I literally pasted '_roll' in both the offense & utility macros and the buttons worked fine. &nbsp;I haven't found any other issues and this isn't that much work to be any kind of annoyed by it. &nbsp;Thanks for the help!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.2.0 Features Added some fields to the roll template to better support !shaped-spells and !shaped-monsters so that it sends less data.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.3.0 Features All repeating section rolling buttons should now use roll instead of words like action . For example: %{repeating_action_ID_action} is now %{repeating_action_ID_roll} . All old names will still work, but all documentaton will be updated to these new names so it is easier for users to understand.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks for keeping the backwards compatibility for old macros!