Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Thanks for keeping the backwards compatibility for old macros! I wouldn't have done it otherwise. Consistency in naming is very nice to have for documentation and understanding purposes, but it would've been too much work for users to fix manually if I couldn't make it work with the old macros.
zerosius said: Hello Kryx! Awesome work as always with the new version. I am in the process of updating a character sheet to the new sheet and really like the flexiblity the modifiers section offers. Since the character i am updating is using the Hexblade's Curse Feature from the Hexblade Subclass WotC pushed out a few months ago in the UA, is there any chance to get a crit range modifer added? For now this specific feature is the only effect i know of that changes this, but in the future they could add more with this mechanic, and of course it also opens up the ability for homebrew effects of items, features and spells. :) Edit: Created a corresponding Issue on the tracker. @ Kryx, any input on my request?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You added it to my tracker:  #559: Adding a Crit Range Modifier to the Modifers Section I may pick it up at some point. It's in a bucket with other nice to have items that only effect some specific use cases that I'll likely never use so the motivation to do such features isn't very high.
Hey Kryx! So my wizard keeps trying to add Expeditious retreat and true strike and we have this pop up. it appears that it adds a spell but it completely blanks it out. We cant click it or anything. It also disappears from the list when we get out of edit mode. Any recommended fix?

Edited 1500759211
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How are you adding said spell? SRD or Script? Can you send me an invite? Both spells work for me via SRD.
Kryx said: How are you adding said spell? SRD or Script? Can you send me an invite? Both spells work for me via SRD. It was via SRD but I think we got it working. If the problem persists and the spell gets deleted again I'll post and invite you.
Out of curiosity, what is this formula for on cleric level 10 Divine Intervention: {{text_top=[[d100]] > [[@{cleric_level}]]}}
TheWebCoder said: Out of curiosity, what is this formula for on cleric level 10 Divine Intervention: {{text_top=[[d100]] > [[@{cleric_level}]]}} Whether the feature works or not. You need to roll a d100 and compare it to your cleric level. If the roll is higher than your level, the feature doesn't work.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: keithcurtis said: Thanks for keeping the backwards compatibility for old macros! I wouldn't have done it otherwise. Consistency in naming is very nice to have for documentation and understanding purposes, but it would've been too much work for users to fix manually if I couldn't make it work with the old macros. Ah, I thought that some users had had a problem with macro language changing from "attack" to "offense" after your recent re-organization. I must have misunderstood.

Edited 1500838546
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The whole repeating section changed for those. Changing a few PCs isn't so bad. The sheet migrated those changes, but the script wasn't setup to do so. For API users the fix is minimally to re add those items via script. For non API users the documentation is clear what to adjust. Ideally in the future I can setup the script to make these changes automatically for API users, but this change should be relatively easy for users to make. What I changed above is the name is now always "roll" for the main macro. %{repeating_action_ID_roll} or %{repeating_offense_ID_roll} or %{repeating_equipment_ID_roll} or %{repeating_classfeature_ID_roll} or %{repeating_legendaryaction_ID_roll}. Now the naming is consistent and easier for users to understand.

Edited 1500892033
I'm probably doing something wrong but I don't know what. I'm trying to get the integrated macros to show as token macros but it just won't work. On my quest to find a solution I noticed strange things which led me to believe something is not quite right with my sheet setup. 1) When I use the macro button "Saving throws query" a query appears. I can choose "normal", "advantage" and "disadvantage". After that it get's weird. Now I can choose between "Strength +3" and the aforementioned three choices. Submitting "Strength" as my choice results in another query which got the label "Roll +2[proficient] + 1[str]]]}}:". My options here are "Dexterity +6" and again the other 3. This continues for as long as I choose an ability score (up to 6 queries) or until I choose a "roll type" (eg. "advantage") for the second time.  2) @{NAME|character_id} works and gives me an ID. But using the provided I to get my character name doesn't work (@{-KpdLEdWfW3kQ3vIn3xc|character_name})
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks like you have advantage query as your rolling option which is incompatible with the other queries on the sheet. You'll need to use either the chat messages for saving throws (and ability checks) or set your rolling method (normal/advantage/disadvantage) to not use a query. Roll20 doesn't support a query within a query.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jan K. said: 2) @{NAME|character_id} works and gives me an ID. But using the provided I to get my character name doesn't work (@{-KpdLEdWfW3kQ3vIn3xc|character_name}) You cannot use IDs as part of attribute replacement: @{John|character_name} works, @{-KpdLEdWfW3kQ3vIn3xc|character_name} does not. (However, in a character ability (as opposed to a global macro), you can leave out the character identifier and just use @{character_name}). This only works for abilities.
Wow. That was a fast response. Yeah, you are totally right. That fixed the query thing. Using my character_id to get my character name still won't work though. "No character was found for '-KpdLEdWfW3kQ3vIn3xc' ". This is the id I got from the macro which is provided in the documentation. I could probably just use the name instead of the id but I'm confused to why this happens in the first place.  Is there an easy way (some kind of checkbox) to set the provided query macros as token actions? I've seen this in another game but somehow am unable to reproduce this.  Thank you for helping me solving the query within a query issue I created.

Edited 1500894621
Jakob said: Jan K. said: 2) @{NAME|character_id} works and gives me an ID. But using the provided I to get my character name doesn't work (@{-KpdLEdWfW3kQ3vIn3xc|character_name}) You cannot use IDs as part of attribute replacement: @{John|character_name} works, @{-KpdLEdWfW3kQ3vIn3xc|character_name} does not. (However, in a character ability (as opposed to a global macro), you can leave out the character identifier and just use @{character_name}). This only works for abilities. Hmm. I probably misunderstood the doc then. I looked at it and played around with it to get a better understanding and followed the following segment: To get the character_id of a character use @{NAME|character_id} which will return something like -KnejtJVnjJKGWbCEUE1 which can be used just as NAME : @{-KnejtJVnjJKGWbCEUE1|character_name}
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looks like the documentation is incorrect. @Jakob, can you confirm? If so I can edit it. From what Jakob wrote above the ID can only be used for macros, not accessing attributes.
Thx, Kryx and Jakob. With Jakobs remark I got it working. 
I got a question is it possible to make Empowered metamagics work with this? Like for example if i click fireball i can choose to go metamagic on it or normal?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Empowered Spell is something that occurs after the results of the spell. You must choose how many you want to reroll. Therefore it cannot be automated within Roll20.
Kryx said: Empowered Spell is something that occurs after the results of the spell. You must choose how many you want to reroll. Therefore it cannot be automated within Roll20. i thought there was some nice math thingy u could write into the spell to reroll the 5 lowest die (assuming 20 cha)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could do that, but that's not what Empowered Spell does. Empowered Spell lets you reroll up to 5 after the dice are rolled. If you automate rerolling 5 every time then you could easily get lower numbers than the original. For example if you roll high on all rolls then this would likely reduce the result.
New GM here.  I'm pretty familiar with HTML and coding (25 year IT vet :) ) and having a problem figuring a couple things out. I have been able to get monster imports to work with no problem, however I cannot get a spell import to work for custom or campaign spells outside of the SRD.  I have seen where it has said you can add a JSON file with the spell descriptions and import them through that but I cannot figure out where to put or upload the JSON and then how to do the actual import.   Many TIA for all the work that you all have put into this product over the years.

Edited 1500907822
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Bill, I've added a page to the Script Wiki to give more detail:&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/</a>... Currently the data expects components to be split out in the object format, but that will likely change sometime soon (I'll hopefully support the old and new format) Let me know if there are questions.

Edited 1500909669
Kryx said: You could do that, but that's not what Empowered Spell does. Empowered Spell lets you reroll up to 5 after the dice are rolled. If you automate rerolling 5 every time then you could easily get lower numbers than the original. For example if you roll high on all rolls then this would likely reduce the result. oh maybe i understand sorc empowered wrong, perhaps u could enlighten me so empowered says u can roll 5 die again on an attack spell (assuming 20 charisma) Fireball is&nbsp;8d6 so if i rolled 2 6 4 2 1 1 4 2 4 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;wouldnt i be able to reroll the 1 1 2 2 2?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can reroll the 1, 1, 2, 2, and 2 if you so choose, but you're doing so after the damage is rolled. Roll20 only supports choosing to reroll before everything is rolled. Any after effects have to be handled manually, not in an automated way.

Edited 1500910384
Kryx said: You can reroll the 1, 1, 2, 2, and 2 if you so choose, but you're doing so after the damage is rolled. Roll20 only supports choosing to reroll before everything is rolled. Any after effects have to be handled manually, not in an automated way. what do u mean after damage is rolled, what does it matter if the die get changed to the latter anyway? like if i rerolled the 1 1 2 2 2 into &nbsp;3 2 1 4 5 then before it would have been 2 6 4 2 1 1 4 2 4 = &nbsp;26 this result is pointless? now however 3 6 4 2 1 4 4 5 4 =33 this is the result that actually deals damage? so.... i can actually SEE the damage DIE before i CHOOSE to use empower? Not BEFORE their rolled? if thats true then empowered just got a lot better, but it does not really make sense.
Kryx said: Hi Bill, I've added a page to the Script Wiki to give more detail:&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/</a>... Currently the data expects components to be split out in the object format, but that will likely change sometime soon (I'll hopefully support the old and new format) Let me know if there are questions. Awesome Kryx.&nbsp; I will look at this and give it a go tonight after I get off work.&nbsp; I appreciate so much you getting back on this.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When you click "Fireball" on the sheet it'll roll 8d6 and show you that result - let's say 28. You can't modify that result in any way. What you'd have to do is mouse over the results and then you can choose a number to reroll. In that case you can then type something like this in chat: [[28-1-2-3-1 + 4d6]] which will give you a new damage total. In this example you're choosing to reroll 4 dice. The only ability to reroll that Roll20 offers must be chosen before the dice are rolled and would not work for Empower Spell. For example: 8d6ro&lt;2 would reroll ALL results less than 2, not a set amount. That's why it must be done manually.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Bill and others: Please post questions in the appropriate thread (Script vs Sheet). I will no longer respond to questions in the incorrect thread, but will ask you to post in the other thread.
Kryx said: When you click "Fireball" on the sheet it'll roll 8d6 and show you that result - let's say 28. You can't modify that result in any way. What you'd have to do is mouse over the results and then you can choose a number to reroll. In that case you can then type something like this in chat: [[28-1-2-3-1 + 4d6]] which will give you a new damage total. In this example you're choosing to reroll 4 dice. The only ability to reroll that Roll20 offers must be chosen before the dice are rolled and would not work for Empower Spell. For example: 8d6ro&lt;2 would reroll ALL results less than 2, not a set amount. That's why it must be done manually. so do i understand correct, that with empower i get to SEE the damage die i rolled AND THEN I decide if i want to use empowered?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gert N. said: so do i understand correct, that with empower i get to SEE the damage die i rolled AND THEN I decide if i want to use empowered? That is how the feature works, yes: When you roll damage for a spell, you can spend 1 sorcery point to reroll a number of the damage dice up to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one). You must use the new roll It couldn't work any other way. How could you reroll the results without seeing the results first?
Kryx said: @Bill and others: Please post questions in the appropriate thread (Script vs Sheet). I will no longer respond to questions in the incorrect thread, but will ask you to post in the other thread. Kryx, apologies do you have a link to that thread?&nbsp; I cannot find it through searching.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The script thread is in the script forum.&nbsp; [5e Shaped Script] Version 11+ You can also view several forums via&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/alldiscussions/?catids=277980,19,24,46806" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/alldiscussions/?catids=277980,19,24,46806</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.3.0 has been merged by Roll20

Edited 1500937198
Hey Kryx, just a quick question about your sheet. I have a fighter and he has Great Weapon master, I thought I've seen a check for rerolling 1&2 automatically on your sheet before.... But I cant find it, Is it there or am I blind? XD Actually reading Gerts question about Empowered spells answered this question, I take it its the same answere? Oh and Also, will you be adding the classes from UA, like Mystic? =)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can turn on dice modifiers on the settings page and add "ro&lt;2" to that section of a weapon.
Kryx said: You can turn on dice modifiers on the settings page and add "ro&lt;2" to that section of a weapon. Thank you! &lt;3
Hey Kryx, it looks like at some point in the last few updates you've removed the "Global X Bonus" fields from the "Gear Icon" tab, yet on some of the sheets I had that were using these features, it is still applying the value, but now without any way of modifying them or adding new ones. (aside from modifying the Attributes fields directly, and you can't add them without knowing the exact name they should have.) Am I missing something, or did you remove this feature, which works wonders for things like Archery Fighting Style, and Luck Stones?

Edited 1500940074
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please read the changelog linked in the op and on every version update. It contains the information you seek about the bonus section being replaced by and migrated to modifiers.
I'm trying to create a query macro for attacks but I'm probably doing the syntax wrong. I can use this %{-KpdLEdWfW3kQ3vIn3xc|repeating_offense_-kpdnid-iozvyrzazgun_roll} to issue the rolls for the chosen attack. But if I try to call that inside a query it won't work. ?{Attack| Unarmed,%{-KpdLEdWfW3kQ3vIn3xc|repeating_offense_-kpdnid-iozvyrzazgun_roll}} Since the dropdown option that is presented is called "Unarmed&{template:5e-shaped" I know that I'm doing something wrong sytactically but I couldn't find out what I'm doing wrong.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Why not use the sheet provided macros?
The sheet one is a chat macro which whispers alle offensive options to the user. The user can then click on an option in the chat to execute it. Since I use the query ones for abilities & saves I thought it would be nice to have attacks as queries as well. Didn't think I'd have problems doing it. Of course I'll use the chat one if I can't find a solution to do it with a query.&nbsp; On that note: How do you add the sheet macros to be used as token macros? I've done it myself but is there an option which just need to be ticked to achieve this? As a player I just executed them through the sheet and then I extracted the macro from the chat to create my own token macro.&nbsp;

Edited 1500970134
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jan K. said: Since the dropdown option that is presented is called "Unarmed&{template:5e-shaped" I know that I'm doing something wrong sytactically but I couldn't find out what I'm doing wrong. The problem is that Roll20 is filling in the content of the&nbsp;%{-KpdLEdWfW3kQ3vIn3xc|repeating_offense_-kpdnid-iozvyrzazgun_roll} macro BEFORE trying to evaluate the query, and that macro starts with&nbsp;&{template:5e-shaped} - the closing '}' ends the query. This can be circumvented by complicated substitution of closing brackets inside the query, but it's much easier to just use the sheet macros. @Jakob, can you confirm? If so I can edit it. Yes, I can confirm that the documentation is wrong in this case.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Only saving throws and ability checks work with queries. As Jakob said queries require quite a bit of hackery and would need the sheet (sheetworkers) to make them work for other sections. Jan K. said: On that note: How do you add the sheet macros to be used as token macros? I've done it myself but is there an option which just need to be ticked to achieve this? As a player I just executed them through the sheet and then I extracted the macro from the chat to create my own token macro.&nbsp; The sheet has no ability to add token macros, only API can do this. Your method is the best option for non-Pro users.

Edited 1500981283
Looks like I managed to break something. After playing around with macros the sheet macros don't work anymore. I havn't changed anything inside the sheet though. I just tinkered with the provided macros inside my own macros and executed them.&nbsp; Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #sheet-rolltemplate-5e-shaped {{character_name=Shaddar at Function.bc.error (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at bh (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at bp (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at bp (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at Function.bc [as find] (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at init.find (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at init (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at p (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at Object.d20.textchat.incoming (app.js:44) at o (app.js:44) Here is an example for a sheet macro that is executed but now throws the above error: @{Shaddar|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{Shaddar|character_name}}} @{Shaddar|show_character_name} {{title=Spear}} {{offense=1}} @{Shaddar|attacher_offense} @{Shaddar|hide_gm_info} {{@{Shaddar|shaped_d20}=1}} {{attack_type_macro=[Melee Weapon Attack:](~-KpdLEdWfW3kQ3vIn3xc|repeating_offense_-KpdmvU0ZWyJkc-Rp8ml_attack)}} {{has_attack_damage=1}} {{attack_damage_crit=[[1d6]]}} {{attack_damage=[[1d6[damage] + 4[dex]]]}} {{attack_damage_type=piercing}} {{has_attack_damage=1}} {{attack_damage_macro=[Hit:](~-KpdLEdWfW3kQ3vIn3xc|repeating_offense_-KpdmvU0ZWyJkc-Rp8ml_attack_damage)}} {{attack_damage_crit_macro=[Crit:](~-KpdLEdWfW3kQ3vIn3xc|repeating_offense_-KpdmvU0ZWyJkc-Rp8ml_attack_damage_crit)}} {{attack1=[[@{Shaddar|shaped_d20}@{Shaddar|d20_mod} + 2[proficient] + 4[dex]]]}} {{reach=5 ft.}}&nbsp; None of the build in sheet macros seem to work now. Tried to reload the site and restarted the browser.&nbsp; Thx, Kryx & Jakob for that clarification. Edit: Just checked if the macros are still working in another session and they do. So I really broke something &gt;.&lt; Edit2: Forgot to mention that now a sheet macro sometimes writes "{Bob" into the chat upon clicking it in addition to the error provided above which happens every time.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm unsure how you got your character in that state. Perhaps check the freetext and freeform sections and attacher? It looks like you have a {Bob in one of them.

Edited 1501002623
Nope. I've added no attachers and it only prints this sometimes. The error is occurring every time.I guess it's probably easier to just create a new sheet and migrate my character over to it. I'm baffled at how this happened. I even checked if I had added this "{Bob" thing by accident into one of the "Attributes&Ability" fields. Have to wait for my gm to provide me with a new sheet though. Sorry for all these odd questions & problems.&nbsp; Edit: I fixed it somehow but I'm unsure how I did it exactly. Even a completely new sheet threw errors. So I restarted my PC to make sure nothing lingered in my cache or whatever and my gm cleared the chat at the same time. After I logged back in everything worked just fine again. I'd really like to know how I broke everything though....&nbsp;
I have a question: How do you add a class to a monster you import with levels? Problem is it will import a base monster such as drow, but it has LOW hp when I am going to run a lvl 10 party the drow also need to be lvl 10 with a class and appropriate HD.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is no such thing as a monster with class levels in 5e. All mosters use the NPC statblock and add features to traits, actions, or other sections.
What does the feature Automatic Hit Points do on the settings page of the character sheet? Underneath Automatic Higher level queries. Could not find it in the documentation.&nbsp;