Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Automatic hit points sets your hit points based on your class level using the average. Automatic higher level queries sets your spell's higher level queries to the levels you have available. Turning it off puts all levels in that query.
Thanks Kryx
What I do when I want a monster to have class levels is change the sheet from npc to pc. You then need to manually tweak it for missing information but you can add class levels (you'll need to roll hp, add equipment and attacks and stuff manually). Or, just create a PC sheet and use the monster stat block info that is applicable. Another thing I do is re-skin an existing NPC like mage, for example, if I want a 9th level caster. You can manually change the 'level' or HD by editing the hp formula (example for 10HD mage would be changing the 9d8 to 10d8) and there may be other tweaks to go along with it but it is doable.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Monster Manual and Volo's both have many PC type monsters. I'd recommend following that 5e paradigm, but how you handle it is up to you.
I am looking for the stable character sheet v11.3.3?  I have the comp script 8.4.1/2 but I can't seem to find the link for the html, css and trans files for that version. I can get to v15, but I can't find the link for previous version files on github! Does anyone have the link? Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Only the latest version is distributed. It is quite stable.

Edited 1501516285
I don't have a choice as a pro? I would RATHER have 11.3.3 please! That is what my players want. thanks
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The latest version is the only version that I distribute.
I have been here for an hour reading how ..in this thread...that if I wanted to keep a previous version.. I could.. just for you to say no.   This thread is very conflicting!
Would ANYONE ELSE happen to still have a copy?
I tried looking, but didn't have any luck.. I just really could use a link right about now if you could.. Thanks! 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jamie said: I have been here for an hour reading how ..in this thread...that if I wanted to keep a previous version.. I could.. just for you to say no.   This thread is very conflicting! You can keep an older version on a campaign by not installing a new one, but it looks like you are trying to install an older version on a new campaign, which isn't supported. As a developer I made the conscious choice to only support and encourage the use of 1 version of the sheet and script. Sorry.
Nope.. I am using v10 and trying to go up.. but not all the way to 15..not ready .. plus players don't want it!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: it looks like you are trying to install an older version, which isn't supported. Your choice is always keep the version you have or use the latest.
I get not giving any more help for previous versions... I do!  .. However... locking out the list of code for those who wish to use it.. since you gave it free anyways...   Is where I find this whole thing very frustrating! 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.4.0 Features Cleaned up the styling around the heart as users were often confused what it meant: Bug Fixes #566: Automatically roll damage should still show the "Hit" and "Saving throw failure" buttons This version has been pushed to Roll20 and should hopefully be available tomorrow.

Edited 1501521674
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Think of how frustrating it would be for Kryx if every time someone had a bug or a question, he had to verify which version they were using and then tell you either to live with it or upgrade. He couldn't retroactively patch outdated code. I really wouldn't recommend tracking down an older version. You would be asking for all kinds of incompatibility problems with the companion script at the very least.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: Cleaned up the styling around the heart as users were often confused what it meant: I've always been embarrased to admit I get those confused. Thanks.
v11.3.3 goes with comp 8.4.1/2.. Which I have.. so no, there won't be compatibility issues.   But finally a LINK ...     EVERYONE>> Was that so difficult!  I am not trying to be sarcastic.. I'm not.  But Keith was the first one.. of all these posts.. to just give a direct link to where I could find it myself.. THANK YOU!   The frustration comes from waiting 10 posts.. for the link!  Someone could have just posted that FIRST!  HELP ME>> HELP YOU!  

Edited 1501521692
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: I've always been embarrased to admit I get those confused. Thanks. It was rather common so don't feel embarrassed. The UI was simply not clear enough.
Jamie said: I have been here for an hour reading how ..in this thread...that if I wanted to keep a previous version.. I could.. just for you to say no.   This thread is very conflicting! You are taking the comment out of context.  If you have a particular version of the script and sheet you, and the system is not automatically updating them for you, you ALWAYS have the right to keep your current script and sheet. You are asking to update, and want to choose one that is higher than your present but not the sheet current. See the difference?
Jamie said: v11.3.3 goes with comp 8.4.1/2.. Which I have.. so no, there won't be compatibility issues.   But finally a LINK ...     EVERYONE>> Was that so difficult!  I am not trying to be sarcastic.. I'm not.  But Keith was the first one.. of all these posts.. to just give a direct link to where I could find it myself.. THANK YOU!   The frustration comes from waiting 10 posts.. for the link!  Someone could have just posted that FIRST!  HELP ME>> HELP YOU!   Nobody has the link, because it's a very outdated version. You could just update the script as well, that would give you full compatibility.  Why do your players want v11.3.3 rather than the newest version? Knowing why is relevant feedback for Kryx, it might be that your group has a problem that wasn't considered by other people.
Is there any possibility of giving Skills the same treatment as Death Saves and Hit Dice for Output options?  F/x: Sheet output Public for all to See Whispered to the GM Choose when Rolling
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Adam Caramon said: Is there any possibility Issue Tracker
Kryx said: Adam Caramon said: Is there any possibility Issue Tracker Thanks for the link  - Reviewing the list and how long some of the items have been on there tells me you have more important priorities than my suggestion.  I'll find a work around. -Adam
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Turn off the closed filter to see the ones I worked on. Can't work on them all.
Kryx said: Turn off the closed filter to see the ones I worked on. Can't work on them all. Wow - that's a ton of issues.  Apologies, not familiar with how that site works.  Definitely appreciate all the work you do on the sheet. -Adam
@ Adam Caramon  Don't judge your idea based on past requests. Features are usually added based on ease and popularity. I would suggest adding your request so it is seen and others can add their opinion/support. As a work around, use the output buttons just under the race and class information, the All, GM, Self buttons.

Edited 1501775514
Added request:  Issue 537: Advantage/disadvantage for specific offense item Also noticed that in the New Issue request, you list 15.0.2 as current.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I will be on vacation until the end of August. I'll check my email regularly so if you open issues or post here I may respond.
Have fun! :)
Kryx said: I will be on vacation until the end of August. I'll check my email regularly so if you open issues or post here I may respond. Cheers, Kryx. Enjoy!
How do you find objects that use repeating fields? var ammo = findObjs({type: 'attribute', name: 'repeating_ammo_$' + i + '_uses', characterid: attackerCharacterID}); ammo will return a blank array if its a repeating field, and a correct array if I use the actual attribute id. I'm just trying to change the ammo from another script.  I know the shaped script does this, but I can't ever get it to trigger when I use my script since it doesn't involve clicking on the character sheet or a macro
This is a general question; is it possible to extend the data to include archetype/paths/schools so that the leveling adds such automatically once chosen? I do realize that doesn't do this natively, this would be for custom inclusion of such

Edited 1502028287
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Modnar Wylde said: This is a general question; is it possible to extend the data to include archetype/paths/schools so that the leveling adds such automatically once chosen? I do realize that doesn't do this natively, this would be for custom inclusion of such See the issue tracker where there are several issues on that. They are unlikely to be done any time soon due to the complexity and the additional lag they'd add to the sheet if I implement them like class features. Even if I did implement it there is only 1 public subclass for each class which doesn't make it very worthwhile.
Kryx said: Modnar Wylde said: This is a general question; is it possible to extend the data to include archetype/paths/schools so that the leveling adds such automatically once chosen? I do realize that doesn't do this natively, this would be for custom inclusion of such See the issue tracker where there are several issues on that. They are unlikely to be done any time soon due to the complexity and the additional lag they'd add to the sheet if I implement them like class features. Even if I did implement it there is only 1 public subclass for each class which doesn't make it very worthwhile. I see that the  DnD Beyond is going live on August 15th. Kryx had said he would integrate the data if they made it available. Anybody know if the Beyond sheet or data is exportable?
Gary W. said: I see that the  DnD Beyond is going live on August 15th. Kryx had said he would integrate the data if they made it available. Anybody know if the Beyond sheet or data is exportable? The Beyond sheet is not exportable YET, but they said they will be working to have an import system for roll20 and their other partners down the line, it's just not part of the launch product.
Gary W. said: I see that the &nbsp;DnD Beyond is going live on August 15th. Kryx had said he would integrate the data if they made it available. Anybody know if the Beyond sheet or data is exportable? As far as I've seen, export to pdf is the only option so far.&nbsp; When asked if other options would be available there was no response from the devs.&nbsp; I have seen on Twitter a mention of being compatible with Fantasy Grounds.&nbsp; I asked Roll20 if it would be compatible on Twitter, but never got a response. Source: <a href="http://www.dndbeyond.com/forums/d-d-beyond-general" rel="nofollow">http://www.dndbeyond.com/forums/d-d-beyond-general</a>...
techiecarer said: Gary W. said: I see that the &nbsp;DnD Beyond is going live on August 15th. Kryx had said he would integrate the data if they made it available. Anybody know if the Beyond sheet or data is exportable? The Beyond sheet is not exportable YET, but they said they will be working to have an import system for roll20 and their other partners down the line, it's just not part of the launch product. Do you have the link where they say this?&nbsp; I've not found that info.&nbsp; It'd be nice to see for myself.
Dvergr76 said: techiecarer said: Gary W. said: I see that the &nbsp;DnD Beyond is going live on August 15th. Kryx had said he would integrate the data if they made it available. Anybody know if the Beyond sheet or data is exportable? The Beyond sheet is not exportable YET, but they said they will be working to have an import system for roll20 and their other partners down the line, it's just not part of the launch product. Do you have the link where they say this?&nbsp; I've not found that info.&nbsp; It'd be nice to see for myself. Adam Bradford (BadEye, who is the head programmer for Beyond) said "We have initiated discussions with both Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 for things like character exports - that will definitely come in the future." in the Comments section of his interview with Dungeon Life: <a href="https://youtu.be/aKQJBJE7ti4" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/aKQJBJE7ti4</a>
techiecarer said: Dvergr76 said: techiecarer said: Gary W. said: I see that the &nbsp;DnD Beyond is going live on August 15th. Kryx had said he would integrate the data if they made it available. Anybody know if the Beyond sheet or data is exportable? The Beyond sheet is not exportable YET, but they said they will be working to have an import system for roll20 and their other partners down the line, it's just not part of the launch product. Do you have the link where they say this?&nbsp; I've not found that info.&nbsp; It'd be nice to see for myself. Adam Bradford (BadEye, who is the head programmer for Beyond) said "We have initiated discussions with both Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 for things like character exports - that will definitely come in the future." in the Comments section of his interview with Dungeon Life: <a href="https://youtu.be/aKQJBJE7ti4" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/aKQJBJE7ti4</a> OK, yeah, wow.&nbsp; That's a pretty covert place to have that info.&nbsp; I would have never found that.&nbsp; Thanks!
Does the sheet handle things like "Way of the Shadow" (Monk) abilities, or is that a manual thing I have to generate?
GayKiwi said: Does the sheet handle things like "Way of the Shadow" (Monk) abilities, or is that a manual thing I have to generate? Abilities from the base class are handled, but subclasses have to be filled in manually.

Edited 1502379644
With Character sheet 15.4, how do you add conditions other than exhaustion? &nbsp;I turned the pencil yellow to edit mode to add blind or something and all I can do is change the number for exhaustion. &nbsp;Is there a toggle I am missing? Thanks! &nbsp;Edit* - Oh, I am not talking about token setting with a token stamp or label. &nbsp;I am only talking about the conditions section on the character sheet only!
Jamie said: With Character sheet 15.4, how do you add conditions other than exhaustion? &nbsp;I turned the pencil yellow to edit mode to add blind or something and all I can do is change the number for exhaustion. &nbsp;Is there a toggle I am missing? Thanks! &nbsp;Edit* - Oh, I am not talking about token setting with a token stamp or label. &nbsp;I am only talking about the conditions section on the character sheet only! I'm pretty sure that was removed a few versions ago. I actually use tokenmod to set conditions and that way everyone sees it.
Jerry F. said: Jamie said: With Character sheet 15.4, how do you add conditions other than exhaustion? &nbsp;I turned the pencil yellow to edit mode to add blind or something and all I can do is change the number for exhaustion. &nbsp;Is there a toggle I am missing? Thanks! &nbsp;Edit* - Oh, I am not talking about token setting with a token stamp or label. &nbsp;I am only talking about the conditions section on the character sheet only! I'm pretty sure that was removed a few versions ago. I actually use tokenmod to set conditions and that way everyone sees it. Ah ok. &nbsp;I will try it out for my game. &nbsp;My friend that I was asking for just has free version.. so they don't have that option. &nbsp;He uses theatre of the mind and doesn't use tokens. So was looking for a checklist for him to use on the character sheet! Thanks!
Has anyone else run into this following problem? When adding a new character sheet and changing the level from 1 to anything else, it adds 3 more un-named levels. If you try to remove a level it adds another one for a total of 4 un-named levels. So instead of having a level 2 Rogue for instance, you now have a level 6 Multiclass with 2 levels in Rogue and 4 un-named levels.