Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Arthur B. said: Has anyone else run into this following problem? When adding a new character sheet and changing the level from 1 to anything else, it adds 3 more un-named levels. If you try to remove a level it adds another one for a total of 4 un-named levels. So instead of having a level 2 Rogue for instance, you now have a level 6 Multiclass with 2 levels in Rogue and 4 un-named levels. Which version of the sheet? I have not had an issue with 15.4.0
I'm using the latest version. Don't know where to find the information for that, but I have it chosen as the default sheet for my campaign.
Arthur B. said: I'm using the latest version. Don't know where to find the information for that, but I have it chosen as the default sheet for my campaign. Top row of the sheet beside where the fancy Dungeons & Dragons is, there should be a version number. 
Shadowspawn said: Arthur B. said: I'm using the latest version. Don't know where to find the information for that, but I have it chosen as the default sheet for my campaign. Top row of the sheet beside where the fancy Dungeons & Dragons is, there should be a version number.  I'm using 15.4.0
Zym
Sheet Author
I'd like to update my Shaped Sheet from ver 11.5.0 I just wanted to check before I do, that the current manual install of Shaped Sheet is relatively stable and that it's not a huge jump in terms of updating. Will I be able to run  !shaped-update-character --all ?
This is what happened when I changed the Spellcaster field for a Sorcerer (the part that says Full, Half, Third, etc)
Arthur B. said: This is what happened when I changed the Spellcaster field for a Sorcerer (the part that says Full, Half, Third, etc) Kryx is going to ask that you open an issue on the tracker with exact replication steps. Personally I am not having problems and I am using 15.4.0 on multiple campaigns so I am not sure what is going on.
Alexander said: I'd like to update my Shaped Sheet from ver 11.5.0 I just wanted to check before I do, that the current manual install of Shaped Sheet is relatively stable and that it's not a huge jump in terms of updating. Will I be able to run  !shaped-update-character --all ? You should be able to do that... the only real issues I had when I did it was the older modifiers that were created caused some confusion at first but it only took a few minutes to figure out what was going on. 
Shadowspawn said: Arthur B. said: This is what happened when I changed the Spellcaster field for a Sorcerer (the part that says Full, Half, Third, etc) Kryx is going to ask that you open an issue on the tracker with exact replication steps. Personally I am not having problems and I am using 15.4.0 on multiple campaigns so I am not sure what is going on. I'm not seeing an option in the Issue Log to "Add" an item.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You need to be logged in to bitbucket. It will be a big blue button near the upper right: "create issue"
keithcurtis said: You need to be logged in to bitbucket. It will be a big blue button near the upper right: "create issue" Issue created
Arthur B. said: keithcurtis said: You need to be logged in to bitbucket. It will be a big blue button near the upper right: "create issue" Issue created Ok, I need some help here. I've tried this on 2 different computers with the same result. Kryx says that he cannot duplicate the issue. Please follow these steps and let me know if you get the same thing. Step 1: Create a new character sheet, in Chrome, without a popup sheet. Step 2: Open the sheet, click on Character Sheet, Click the pencil icon (to edit). Step 3: Click Add for the Class and level, then click wizard (here's where there's a little difference so you might want to try this with 2 different sheets) Mine does not auto-populate with the Spellcaster information. Step 3a: Click the level to change it to anything other than 1. (Here is the first bug I''m encountering, I changed it to level 3 and right underneath the current Class/Level it auto-populates another one, set to level 1, but without any class info.) step 3b: On your second Character Sheet, (without changing the level) click the Spellcaster information dropdown. (This is where I get the 2nd bug), I switch it to Full 9th level Bard, cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard. I get another Class/Level that auto-populates below it. (Sometimes it's only one, sometimes it's multiple) Step 4: Click Modify, then click on the Trash can icon. (Mine clears it for a second, but then it comes right back). If I get multiple lines, it clears the one I tried to delete, then adds that one and another one back. Please try this guys and let me know. I'm using version 15.4.0.
Followed your steps and everything works just as it is suppose to.  Cannot duplicate from my end.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No dice here, either. I was on 15.1, worked as expected. Upgraded to 15.4.0 (I haven't played in a month or so), and again, everything worked correctly. What browser and platform are you on? Have you tried disabling extensions?
keithcurtis said: No dice here, either. I was on 15.1, worked as expected. Upgraded to 15.4.0 (I haven't played in a month or so), and again, everything worked correctly. What browser and platform are you on? Have you tried disabling extensions? I'm using Chrome on a Windows computer.

Edited 1502767069
Arthur B. said: keithcurtis said: No dice here, either. I was on 15.1, worked as expected. Upgraded to 15.4.0 (I haven't played in a month or so), and again, everything worked correctly. What browser and platform are you on? Have you tried disabling extensions? I'm using Chrome on a Windows computer. Any API's running?
Shadowspawn said: Arthur B. said: keithcurtis said: No dice here, either. I was on 15.1, worked as expected. Upgraded to 15.4.0 (I haven't played in a month or so), and again, everything worked correctly. What browser and platform are you on? Have you tried disabling extensions? I'm using Chrome on a Windows computer. Any API's running? Yea, but they've never interfered with the character sheet before.

Edited 1502803336
Arthur B. said:  Yea, but they've never interfered with the character sheet before. Please try to disable them and see if you can reproduce it. It is a very valid suggestion, as others using the same browser does not appear to have your issue. Also, earlier this thread there were big issues reported with the Lastpass extension, so if you use that (or other password extensions) then I suggest you start by disabling that. If you can still reproduce it after disabling all extension and restarting chrome then post that - don't just ignore helpful advice.
I would suggest creating a whole new game, and trying your steps again.  Maybe something is off with your game.  I believe I have heard of that happening before.  So create new game, set the sheet to 15.4 and try your steps again.  See if you can get it to happen.
Gediablo said: Arthur B. said:  Yea, but they've never interfered with the character sheet before. Please try to disable them and see if you can reproduce it. It is a very valid suggestion, as others using the same browser does not appear to have your issue. Also, earlier this thread there were big issues reported with the Lastpass extension, so if you use that (or other password extensions) then I suggest you start by disabling that. If you can still reproduce it after disabling all extension and restarting chrome then post that - don't just ignore helpful advice. I am not ignoring advice, just giving answers to the questions that were asked. I am in the process of trying to figure out the problem by following the advice given. It just takes a little while to do that as things are a little bit crazy at work at the moment.
Mark B. said: I would suggest creating a whole new game, and trying your steps again.  Maybe something is off with your game.  I believe I have heard of that happening before.  So create new game, set the sheet to 15.4 and try your steps again.  See if you can get it to happen. This is a new game that I'm using this sheet on.
Arthur B. said: Mark B. said: I would suggest creating a whole new game, and trying your steps again.  Maybe something is off with your game.  I believe I have heard of that happening before.  So create new game, set the sheet to 15.4 and try your steps again.  See if you can get it to happen. This is a new game that I'm using this sheet on. Okay, it may seem silly, but I would suggest creating a new one, not loading any APIs or anything and try again.  Just to start narrowing down your issues.

Edited 1502815872
I am starting a new game with this shaped sheet and I want to use proficiency dice and set the sheet to roll 2 dice for advantage on all sheets by default. I see the option to change these defaults in my game settings but when I click them and click save, they don't actually save. Am I doing something wrong or is it bugged? I realize I can go through and change these settings manually on every sheet, but that will be a gigantic chunk of time since I am starting Storm King's Thunder and there are several hundred sheets.
Phillip said: I am starting a new game with this shaped sheet and I want to use proficiency dice and set the sheet to roll 2 dice for advantage on all sheets by default. I see the option to change these defaults in my game settings but when I click them and click save, they don't actually save. Am I doing something wrong or is it bugged? I realize I can go through and change these settings manually on every sheet, but that will be a gigantic chunk of time since I am starting Storm King's Thunder and there are several hundred sheets. Page Settings don't work if you use a Custom Sheet and I'm not sure every option is supported by the Shaped Sheet. The defaults in Game Settings primarily work with the 5e OGL sheet (as that sheet is made by roll20 directly)
techiecarer said: Phillip said: I am starting a new game with this shaped sheet and I want to use proficiency dice and set the sheet to roll 2 dice for advantage on all sheets by default. I see the option to change these defaults in my game settings but when I click them and click save, they don't actually save. Am I doing something wrong or is it bugged? I realize I can go through and change these settings manually on every sheet, but that will be a gigantic chunk of time since I am starting Storm King's Thunder and there are several hundred sheets. Page Settings don't work if you use a Custom Sheet and I'm not sure every option is supported by the Shaped Sheet. The defaults in Game Settings primarily work with the 5e OGL sheet (as that sheet is made by roll20 directly) Ah, I see. That's weird because the options on the settings page are different for each sheet. That's unfortunate. Thanks for your quick reply!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20 has never properly supported default settings. I have them there, but they have never been tested at all as they are inaccessible on custom sheets. I raised this as an issue a very long time ago and it has never been addressed. They are only used on roll20's sheets for this reason most likely.

Edited 1502822308
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Phillip said: I am starting a new game with this shaped sheet and I want to use proficiency dice and set the sheet to roll 2 dice for advantage on all sheets by default. I see the option to change these defaults in my game settings but when I click them and click save, they don't actually save. Am I doing something wrong or is it bugged? I realize I can go through and change these settings manually on every sheet, but that will be a gigantic chunk of time since I am starting Storm King's Thunder and there are several hundred sheets. If changing the default settings and using the button to apply the default settings to every sheet (that's a separate button you need to press) aren't working, you can use my ChatSetAttr script to change every character sheet in the game at once. EDIT: Wait, nevermind, Plus, not Pro.
Jakob said: Phillip said: I am starting a new game with this shaped sheet and I want to use proficiency dice and set the sheet to roll 2 dice for advantage on all sheets by default. I see the option to change these defaults in my game settings but when I click them and click save, they don't actually save. Am I doing something wrong or is it bugged? I realize I can go through and change these settings manually on every sheet, but that will be a gigantic chunk of time since I am starting Storm King's Thunder and there are several hundred sheets. If changing the default settings and using the button to apply the default settings to every sheet (that's a separate button you need to press) aren't working, you can use my ChatSetAttr script to change every character sheet in the game at once. EDIT: Wait, nevermind, Plus, not Pro. Thanks, That almost seems worth the upgrade right now haha.
Phillip said: Jakob said: Phillip said: I am starting a new game with this shaped sheet and I want to use proficiency dice and set the sheet to roll 2 dice for advantage on all sheets by default. I see the option to change these defaults in my game settings but when I click them and click save, they don't actually save. Am I doing something wrong or is it bugged? I realize I can go through and change these settings manually on every sheet, but that will be a gigantic chunk of time since I am starting Storm King's Thunder and there are several hundred sheets. If changing the default settings and using the button to apply the default settings to every sheet (that's a separate button you need to press) aren't working, you can use my ChatSetAttr script to change every character sheet in the game at once. EDIT: Wait, nevermind, Plus, not Pro. Thanks, That almost seems worth the upgrade right now haha. With Pro you can also use the Shaped Sheet Script which has default settings for new sheets (including Proficiency Dice & roll2)
Mark B. said: Arthur B. said: Mark B. said: I would suggest creating a whole new game, and trying your steps again.  Maybe something is off with your game.  I believe I have heard of that happening before.  So create new game, set the sheet to 15.4 and try your steps again.  See if you can get it to happen. This is a new game that I'm using this sheet on. Okay, it may seem silly, but I would suggest creating a new one, not loading any APIs or anything and try again.  Just to start narrowing down your issues. Okay, so I just created a brand new game. No API'S, nothing added to it, except a brand new Character Sheet. Same issue. Screenshot is below. Notice the NEW Red bordered Class. This is the problem every time I try to add the Spellcaster information because it doesn't autopopulate. I let this one sit for 5 minutes before clicking on the Spellcaster info.
Arthur B. said: Mark B. said: Arthur B. said: Mark B. said: I would suggest creating a whole new game, and trying your steps again.  Maybe something is off with your game.  I believe I have heard of that happening before.  So create new game, set the sheet to 15.4 and try your steps again.  See if you can get it to happen. This is a new game that I'm using this sheet on. Okay, it may seem silly, but I would suggest creating a new one, not loading any APIs or anything and try again.  Just to start narrowing down your issues. Okay, so I just created a brand new game. No API'S, nothing added to it, except a brand new Character Sheet. Same issue. Screenshot is below. Notice the NEW Red bordered Class. This is the problem every time I try to add the Spellcaster information because it doesn't autopopulate. I let this one sit for 5 minutes before clicking on the Spellcaster info. Sheet added via ability of adding the sheet as a custom sheet or via what Roll20 offers as their default Shaped Sheet? Doubt there is a difference between what Kryx has on Github that most people will use and what Roll20 grabbed from him to push to the masses. OK, so no API's loaded ... what about Google Extensions etc You have to have something different than what the rest of us who are not having issues have. I just created a campaign yesterday using v15.4.0 that I grabbed from Kryx's github, being a PRO subscriber I ALWAYS grab what Kryx has on his github as I have seen far too many people get burned by how Roll20 doesn't necessarily keep the sheet and the accompanying script in sync. I am having no issues with the sheet at all.
Shadowspawn said: Arthur B. said: Mark B. said: Arthur B. said: Mark B. said: I would suggest creating a whole new game, and trying your steps again.  Maybe something is off with your game.  I believe I have heard of that happening before.  So create new game, set the sheet to 15.4 and try your steps again.  See if you can get it to happen. This is a new game that I'm using this sheet on. Okay, it may seem silly, but I would suggest creating a new one, not loading any APIs or anything and try again.  Just to start narrowing down your issues. Okay, so I just created a brand new game. No API'S, nothing added to it, except a brand new Character Sheet. Same issue. Screenshot is below. Notice the NEW Red bordered Class. This is the problem every time I try to add the Spellcaster information because it doesn't autopopulate. I let this one sit for 5 minutes before clicking on the Spellcaster info. Sheet added via ability of adding the sheet as a custom sheet or via what Roll20 offers as their default Shaped Sheet? Doubt there is a difference between what Kryx has on Github that most people will use and what Roll20 grabbed from him to push to the masses. OK, so no API's loaded ... what about Google Extensions etc You have to have something different than what the rest of us who are not having issues have. I just created a campaign yesterday using v15.4.0 that I grabbed from Kryx's github, being a PRO subscriber I ALWAYS grab what Kryx has on his github as I have seen far too many people get burned by how Roll20 doesn't necessarily keep the sheet and the accompanying script in sync. I am having no issues with the sheet at all. I'm using the one from Roll20. I had the previous version, and when they updated it, that's when the issues started. I will check the Google extensions later, but I really don't use them.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Arthur B, have you verified that the same behavior occurs in Firefox?
keithcurtis said: Arthur B, have you verified that the same behavior occurs in Firefox? No, I haven't, but mostly because I don't use Firefox. You could say I'm a Chrome devotee.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I hear ya, but I'd at least try another borwser, just to rule out Chrome.
And I would check those Chrome extensions. Several of them have been known to cause issues in the past and who's telling you have one that has not yet been identified as having an interaction.
keithcurtis said: I hear ya, but I'd at least try another borwser, just to rule out Chrome. Just tried FireFox, and same issue. Brand new browser, no extensions, brand new game, no API's, no nothing. I add the class, then change the level; I get an extra class (or more) added.I add the Spellcasting; I get an extra class (or more) added. This is very frustrating, I can play with it when it's a character that is higher than 1st level, but if it's just a first level character; they get treated as a 2nd level for the rest of the page.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It sounds like the sheet you have installed is having some kind of JavaScript error occur. I have no idea how or why it is occuring only for you. I'm currently on vacation so I unfortunately cannot investigate it myself.
I am not sure if this is the place to ask, but is there a way to get the hoverable tootips to be in a place where they can be seen. Example is the exhaustion goes outside the page width. If I resize the window and have all the elements side by side instead of stacked I can then see it, but then the character sheet width is to large, IMHO.
Matt said: I am not sure if this is the place to ask, but is there a way to get the hoverable tootips to be in a place where they can be seen. Example is the exhaustion goes outside the page width. If I resize the window and have all the elements side by side instead of stacked I can then see it, but then the character sheet width is to large, IMHO. Haven't had that issue- but if I pop the chat out to move it to another monitor it does seem to cut off the die rolls when I mouse over. 

Edited 1503113052
Gary W. said: Matt said: I am not sure if this is the place to ask, but is there a way to get the hoverable tootips to be in a place where they can be seen. Example is the exhaustion goes outside the page width. If I resize the window and have all the elements side by side instead of stacked I can then see it, but then the character sheet width is to large, IMHO. Haven't had that issue- but if I pop the chat out to move it to another monitor it does seem to cut off the die rolls when I mouse over.  It only happens, at least for the exhaustion, when all the elements are stacked. It would be fine if the tooltip popped up to the right instead of the left.

Edited 1503121580
Matt said: Gary W. said: Matt said: I am not sure if this is the place to ask, but is there a way to get the hoverable tootips to be in a place where they can be seen. Example is the exhaustion goes outside the page width. If I resize the window and have all the elements side by side instead of stacked I can then see it, but then the character sheet width is to large, IMHO. Haven't had that issue- but if I pop the chat out to move it to another monitor it does seem to cut off the die rolls when I mouse over.  It only happens, at least for the exhaustion, when all the elements are stacked. It would be fine if the tooltip popped up to the right instead of the left. Disregard. I changed the html for my own sheet. Thanks
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey all. Not sure if you remember me or not. I was here quite awhile ago asking for advice to create modules that could use the OGL and also introduce the Shaped sheet. We love the Shaped sheets! Anyways, I had mentioned I would get back to you and let you know how things went. I am pleased to report that I have 2 adventure modules and 1 addon adventure that has a version of both the OGL and Shaped Sheets. You can take a look by doing a marketplace search by author, "Mark Stern". I am currently using version 10 of the sheet with a copy of the script for that version. Are there any major changes I should be aware of for future releases? Is there are a newer version you would recommend?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Mark, I do indeed remember your post. 15.4.0 is the latest sheet. The changelog in the OP would highlight all of the changes. The ones concerning to you would be in the breaking changes section. Most of the breaking changes are for PCs. For NPCs the bonuses section is now modifiers Versatile and thrown items are split into two There are probably a hundred other small changes (mostly for PCs), but all of it should upgrade automatically. The sheet's development has become more stable over time and will continue in that direction.
Zym
Sheet Author
Kryx. I have created, still working on a Stylish for Shaped Sheets 15.4.0 I could really use a little help on two items. Namely how AC and HP have set up, and weapon uses. The colours around the HP (heart) probably won't be a big deal. But I am a bit stumped on the shield for the AC and how it has changed.  I am also stumped on uses for weapons and why they are showing when not edited. ----- Ideally perhaps you could give me a line of code which resembles the items and fixes them to stay in theme. If not, that's no big problem, I just thought I would ask anyway. ------
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Those areas are rather tricky in implementation. I can't provide a solution via mobile. I can look at it later in the week when I'm home. If you open a suggestion on my tracker for a dark theme toggle I can implement one soon - I think it's a great idea.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the help on this Kryx. I really love what you are doing and hope to promote others giving the Shaped sheet a try. Thanks again!

Edited 1503356319
Hello :) I've spent a happy few hours manually importing existing character sheets into Roll20 using the Shaped 5e sheet, and I've come up against a problem that I can't seem to solve, despite a lot of googling. Clicking on things in the Class Features section outputs their text into the chatlog no problem and rolls their dice correctly; however, it doesn't decrement their uses in the Class Features section. A long rest does, on the other hand, increment them back to where they should be. Is there a way to automatically decrement class features? I love the sheet, btw :D Thank you for all your work! Edit: I'm using 15.4, the latest version, and these are new characters set up this evening :)
You need to use the  Shaped Companion script to auto-decrement uses.