Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Edited 1504587569
Greg
Pro
The same thing happened in one of my games too. It happened when a player imported one of their characters. I basically spam clicked to delete the red boxes. It still had the error, but less obvious. I'm having the exact same problem with version 11.5 of the shaped sheet. That's right. Version 11.5, and I use a custom version of the sheet that can't be updated until I decide it should be. When trying to create a new character, multiple class and level lines are showing up, and they can't be removed. If I manage to remove a line, it instantaneously re-appears. It also screws up the class and level line on the sheet. For example, a fighter at level 1 is showing 0, 2 Fighter 1. I went to a custom version of the sheet to prevent issues, but somehow problems are happening anyway, possibly due to using the shaped sheet companion as well.

Edited 1504588887
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: The issue captured on my tracker if you want to read more: #579: Multiple erroring classes are added and cannot be deleted . It looks like Roll20 made a change to repeating sections which caused this bug. You will need to upgrade to 15.5. Roll20 made a change that 15.5 accounts for.
FYI, I created a copy of my game and then installed the official version 15.4 of the sheet from Roll20, and the behavior stopped. So it seems strange that 15.4 would fix it without me having to go to 15.5. Or maybe it's an intermittent glitch based on Roll20's change. Also, I haven't checked version 15.4 yet, but most weapons dragged and dropped from the compendium are suddenly not configuring the STR or DEX bonus for melee or ranged attacks. It only seems to apply them for finesse weapons. I don't recall ever seeing this before.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The class error will occur on all versions of 15.4. Starting a new game will have no impact on the issue. Greg said: Also, I haven't checked version 15.4 yet, but most weapons dragged and dropped from the compendium are suddenly not configuring the STR or DEX bonus for melee or ranged attacks. It only seems to apply them for finesse weapons. I don't recall ever seeing this before. #583: Weapons dragged from the Compendium not populating fully As mentioned above I support this project in my free time. Please do not waste my time or the time of others in this community. Check the issue tracker before reporting new issues and report all new issues there.
Wow. As someone who has actually donated money to help compensate some of the time spent on developing the sheet/script, that's a rather startling response. I'm grateful for all the work you do, but I have not been on any of the sheet threads in ages and was still using a much older version of the sheet. I had no idea that there is now an issue tracker required for everything. Previously I had always posted here or in the script thread or had used PM communications, and it was never an issue. Sorry that I missed the references to it, but I was only searching for and looking at specific posts. I won't post here again.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Greg said: Wow. As someone who has actually donated money to help compensate some of the time spent on developing the sheet/script, that's a rather startling response. I'm grateful for all the work you do, but I have not been on any of the sheet threads in ages and was still using a much older version of the sheet. I had no idea that there is now an issue tracker required for everything. Previously I had always posted here or in the script thread or had used PM communications, and it was never an issue. Sorry that I missed the references to it, but I was only searching for and looking at specific posts. I won't post here again. I think if you had seen the multitude of people posting about this or opening issues without ever looking at any of the previous discussion or other issues, you would probably understand the response ;).

Edited 1504645811
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are over 50 messages to me across PMs, my issue tracker, this thread, and other threads on this forum. I cannot keep pace. I have repeatedly asked used to report issues on the tracker and repeatedly asked users to read issues on this thread and on the tracker many times now. Even after all of that users will reply to this thread asking what is wrong when the post just above theirs explains the issue.... If a user is unwilling to read even the most recent posts then that's incredibly insulting to my time and the time of others that try to help users that are experiencing issues. It has been asked for many times now. I'm sorry that you are offended and I appreciate the patreon support, but it is a matter of respect for others. The other alternative is that I stop supporting this sheet entirely, which I'm sure is the less desirable outcome.
In a different vein, any idea when Roll20 is going to roll this update out? 
Alexander B. said: In a different vein, any idea when Roll20 is going to roll this update out?  According to Github, "#2970 by mlenser was merged 9 hours ago". Not sure if it has to go through anything internal on roll20's end though so maybe another day or so.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
They took the update today. Usually they push it today. If they have not already then probably tomorrow.
Alright, thanks for getting it fixed so quickly. I understand you're probably frustrated by now, but I hope you at least get some pride from how widespread your sheet is and how much the community loses its collective minds when it goes down.

Edited 1504695097
Is there a way to have this set to " No " by default when adding/importing new characters? I just don't want something that's disguised as a commoner showing up as " Succubus " in the chat when I have it do a check or roll of any kind. I know I could do it individually when it's needed, but I'd rather avoid the possibility of me making a mistake and shattering the suspense of some mysterious character.
Aaron K. said: Is there a way to have this set to " No " by default when adding/importing new characters? I just don't want something that's disguised as a commoner showing up as " Succubus " in the chat when I have it do a check or roll of any kind. I know I could do it individually when it's needed, but I'd rather avoid the possibility of me making a mistake and shattering the suspense of some mysterious character. This can be done via the shaped companion script by going into !shaped-config, then New Characters, then choosing off for Show Name on Roll Template.  Once this is set, all new sheets will be setup with this off.  Then you have a couple of choices to either pull existing monsters out to a temporary page and run !shaped-apply-defaults (can usually select 5-10 at a time without causing an API timeout).  Alternatively Jakob has an awesome script called  ChatSetAttr that can be used to change this setting (don't know the syntax for this one off-hand). Either way both of these are best handled via the API, therefore if you have further questions, those threads should be used.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Character names on roll templates are turned off by default so you've likely set it to try via the Shaped script previously. Kevin has the details on that.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.5.1 Bug Fixes #594: Ability Scores not updating and crashing the page. A myriad of other bugs involved in the Roll20 breaking change in their API. The sheet is still very laggy and I could use significant help identifying issues. I could use significant help identifying issues. If you're looking to help please test all kinds of test cases on 15.5.1 (either on your own campaigns or my test campaign) and give very precise reproduction steps.
Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work trying to unbork what Roll20 borked; this sheet is a lifesaver for making games run more quickly even with convoluted builds.

Edited 1504838413
Makes me wonder if they are messing with the backend for D&D Beyond compatibility.  They are absolutely hush hush over at the DDB forums when it is brought up. EDIT: or maybe not if it was in place a year ago?
hay i had a bug recently with custom class and my hp as custom class is red crossed out and im wondering if this ok (poor pic quilty since phone) not sure if this a bug or what my dm friend said he say my stats just fine but on my end i saw this
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please do not open issues on this forum. There is an issue tracker linked in the op and on your sheets. #598: HP display is broken
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.5.2 Bug Fixes #598: HP display is broken Some of #597: Actions issues Still another intermediate issue. Still lots to do (primarily around spells), but this should improve things in the interim.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Kryx.
But it keeps reverted back to being broken when you close and reopen the character sheet. Any way to make that permanent?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nate S. said: But it keeps reverted back to being broken when you close and reopen the character sheet. Any way to make that permanent? If you're experiencing a specific issue please use the tracker to open an issue or reply to an issue there.

Edited 1504991885
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're experiencing an issue check the most recent issues on the tracker and open a new issue if the issue you're experiencing is not listed.  All issues belong on the tracker.
Feeling your pain Kryx. Thank you for all you do. Roll 20 and the Shaped Sheet have become such an integral part of my 5e experience that I cannot imagine playing without them. 
I've named a Mindflayer villain after Kryx.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Doug E. said: I've named a Mindflayer villain after Kryx. I know there's a dragon NPC out there named Kryx. I wonder how many namesakes he has.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
At least they're awesomely powerful creatures and not little goblins. :D
I think I will call my cabbage guy Kryx
I'm completely going to make a Kryx in my current game. hmmm, wonder how he would fit best in Chult, Lich from the land of Thay?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.5.3 Bug Fixes Actions should now work, mostly. I've checked the following types: Actions with an attack (Guiding Bolt) Actions with a saving throw (Fireball) Actions without an attack or saving throw(Magic Missile) Actions with a heal (Cure Wounds) I believe this captures a fair amount of issues caused by the breaking change. These changes should fix all repeating sections that use attacks, saving throws, healing, etc. I think I got most of the critical issues. If anyone has free time I could use some assistance testing for cases that are still broken beyond the few bugs currently on the tracker. Thanks!

Edited 1505121517
I'm hesitant to ask since there are obviously more pressing matters going on with the sheet right now but I havn't been able to solve this by myself (documentation & google). Yesterday I got a weapon which does something on a crit. I've managed to create an attacher which rolls the extra damage on a crit just fine but since I'm a monk it would be nice if this is only applied to the weapon and not to all attacks. I've not been able to do the same thing just for the weapon because there is no option to apply damage only on a crit for the specific weapon attack. Everything I enter in the text field of the specific attack is applied on every attack.  Attacher: Name: Critical Weapon Effect: Freetext: [[1d8]] Necrotic Damage Furthermore there is an additional dot in the output. I've read somewhere that this is because the sheet assumes there'll be more options? and adds this automatically. Is there a way to prevent this. It looks like this: Critical Weapon Effect: .  6 Necrotic Damage

Edited 1505122063
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
See the "extra on a crit" setting on the cog wheel page. You can then add extra damage on a crit to items. Attachers apply to all items and wouldn't be useful for this case. The dot is always added to attachers. It's the 5e format. Remove your semicolon and it will work as expected.
My bad. I knew I missed something since my "problem" wasn't anything special and your sheet covers everything besides very specific things. Thank your for responding.
So how do you update the sheet to correct the HP display issue? I thought if you had a Pro account it would do automatically?
Al K. said: So how do you update the sheet to correct the HP display issue? I thought if you had a Pro account it would do automatically? Non-Pro have to wait until roll20 syncs any changes Kryx has pushed to the roll20 Github. Any updates made in the mean time, you can change the sheet setting in your campaign from the Shaped Sheet to "Custom" and then follow the instructions on the first page of this thread to copy the HTML, CSS and translation files into your campaign.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A Pro account only lets you update manually to the latest version. Otherwise you're on the version I released to roll20 the same as non-Pros.
Thanks!

Edited 1505170851
Ok, so I followed those steps and it says I'm at version 15.5.0, but the HP icon is displaying a missing image icon?
Nvmd, I got it, must have copied from the wrong location, thanks again!
AI K, since you're Pro, you'll want to keep the sheet and API both custom. That way, you know they are compatible and you don't have any surprise changes coming your way. 15 looked like a really stable version to be at until roll20 pushed a year-old breaking change, catching sheet writers off guard. Once Kryx has gone through ripping out the dependencies on the roll20 functionality that was just removed, I'd expect that version - probably still 15 but whatever it ends up as - to be a great one to "hang out on" for quite a while.
With reference to the somewhat terse back-and-forth in this thread lately, I'd just like to take a moment and thank Kryx once again for all the work you're putting in, not just to the sheet, but also answering questions in this thread. I get that the sheet alone takes a lot of your time, and answering the same questions over and over again doesn't help with that. My suggestion to you, Kryx: If you can, let the community step in to answer questions that are already in the issue tracker. It won't be as fast as you doing it, but it might save you some frustration, and let you focus on the sheet with a clear mind. My suggestion to everyone reading this thread: If you have an issue with the sheet, don't PM the guy. Seriously. That's just rude. If you have a question, ask it here; if you think you found a bug, check the  issue tracker first and then if that bug is not in there, open a new issue with step-by-step reproduction instructions. And if Kryx seems a bit annoyed with a question, cut him some slack. He's putting a lot of effort in and his inbox just blew up because roll20 made a breaking change which had, in fairness, been communicated a year ago but then got stuck in a "caching layer" and only went live now. That's a big hit out of far left-field, and it can't be fun to both fix the sheet to deal with it and field the same "what happened my sheet no longer works" PM 50 times in a row.

Edited 1505219745
Zym
Sheet Author
What's the standard method of getting Shaped Companion to work with a roll20 marketplace campaigns such as Tomb of Annihilation? I can't get the script to work.

Edited 1505220036
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alex Wilson said: What's the standard method of getting Shaped Companion to work with a roll20 marketplace campaigns such as Tomb of Annihilation? I can't get the script to work. 5e marketplace products use OGL format. The Shaped Script only works if you choose Shaped as your sheet of choice in the game settings. The sheet will convert that OGL format to Shaped, but with the breaking change that roll20 released it currently doesn't do so.

Edited 1505220650
Zym
Sheet Author
Kryx said: Alex Wilson said: What's the standard method of getting Shaped Companion to work with a roll20 marketplace campaigns such as Tomb of Annihilation? I can't get the script to work. 5e marketplace products use OGL format. The Shaped Script only works if you choose Shaped as your sheet of choice in the game settings. The sheet will convert that OGL format to Shaped, but with the breaking change that roll20 released it currently doesn't do so. I've created Shaped Sheet in the game settings page (custom sheet) the default OGL sheets convert, when I open them individually. However when I install Shaped Companion the API becomes disabled and thus I cannot run !shaped-update-character --all I can put this on the issue tracker.
Zym
Sheet Author
Okay please ignore. I reinstalled the script. There is no issue but that of human error.

Edited 1505220845
Thorsten
KS Backer
That's unexpected. This is v11.3.1 of the API companion? Any other APIs loaded? If this is the latest sheet and the latest API, and you can't see anything that's causing it on your end, a new issue on the  API issue tracker would be the way to go. If you have a bit of time before your game, I'd hold off and wait until the sheet has caught up with the breaking change that roll20 recently pushed live. Actions may not convert correctly. You'll have less manual fixing to do if you can wait.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
just FYI OGL conversion and several other NPC factors are currently broken on the Shaped sheet, irregardless of the version you use. This is a result of the roll20 breaking change that I'm trying to solve.