Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Edited 1505224259
Apologies if this is something that has already been addressed -- I have looked back and have been unable to find an answer on the issue tracker or on here. Is there a way to update the Shaped Sheets without being a Pro user? I know you have laid out how to do so as a Pro user. I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but am totally inexperienced in this area so don't know for sure. If not, how does Roll20 handle the updates? I am having the health image issue that has already been fixed, but just am unable to get the update that does that! Anyways, thanks in advance for your patience with a noob, and for all your hard work on these sheets Kryx as they are awesome! 
Max K. said: Apologies if this is something that has already been addressed -- I have looked back and have been unable to find an answer on the issue tracker or on here. Is there a way to update the Shaped Sheets without being a Pro user? I know you have laid out how to do so as a Pro user. I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but am totally inexperienced in this area so don't know for sure. If not, how does Roll20 handle the updates? I am having the health image issue that has already been fixed, but just am unable to get the update that does that! Anyways, thanks in advance for your patience with a noob, and for all your hard work on these sheets Kryx as they are awesome!  The only way to use the most up to date is being a Pro.  Kryx pushes stable versions to Roll20 regularly but it takes them time to implement then for the automatic sheet free and plus members use.  The fix is coming. Just have to be a bit more patient.

Edited 1505251291
Mark B. said: The only way to use the most up to date is being a Pro.  Kryx pushes stable versions to Roll20 regularly but it takes them time to implement then for the automatic sheet free and plus members use.  The fix is coming. Just have to be a bit more patient. Ah got it, thanks! 
Max K. said: Mark B. said: The only way to use the most up to date is being a Pro.  Kryx pushes stable versions to Roll20 regularly but it takes them time to implement then for the automatic sheet free and plus members use.  The fix is coming. Just have to be a bit more patient. Ah got it, thanks!  According to Github, roll20 merged 15.5.3 9 hours ago, so hopefully it should be implemented on roll20's end soon (usually it's a day at most after they merge from Github)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keep in mind that 15.5.3 is not a fix all. It's a moderate step on a decently long road.
Kryx, I play with Thorsten and I know that you've gotten a lot of unreasonable flack over the recent sheets changes breaking Shaped. I want you to know that for each person that gives you thanks, please keep in mind that they probably play with another 4-6 people who are also equally thankful for the work you do and like myself may not always come on to show it, but they're out there, just like me. I came on explicitly to tell you that you're appreciated and the work you do is appreciated much much more than is even visible. I wish you could know truly what a difference you make.  We had a new guy join our group and had only played on OGL before. He kept on saying about how cool Shaped was as well as all the bells and whistles that was part of it. In my mind, Roll20 wouldn't be nearly as good without Shaped and what you do matters. Regards!

Edited 1505315158
Kryx said: Modnar Wylde said: This is a general question; is it possible to extend the data to include archetype/paths/schools so that the leveling adds such automatically once chosen? I do realize that doesn't do this natively, this would be for custom inclusion of such See the issue tracker where there are several issues on that. They are unlikely to be done any time soon due to the complexity and the additional lag they'd add to the sheet if I implement them like class features. Even if I did implement it there is only 1 public subclass for each class which doesn't make it very worthwhile. Oh no, I was asking if it was possible and if so, how I could do that ( and then hopefully give you that later on for yours/other's use in a possible future release  - ie. How can I do the data entry to help out?  How can I support you with grunt work / data entry stuff ?)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheet isn't setup for data entry in those areas. See  #246: Create a dropdown menu to choose standard races and automatically create racial traits similar to how class features are handled. and  #99: Add archetypes to class options
Zym
Sheet Author
Thorsten B. said: That's unexpected. This is v11.3.1 of the API companion? Any other APIs loaded? If this is the latest sheet and the latest API, and you can't see anything that's causing it on your end, a new issue on the  API issue tracker would be the way to go. If you have a bit of time before your game, I'd hold off and wait until the sheet has caught up with the breaking change that roll20 recently pushed live. Actions may not convert correctly. You'll have less manual fixing to do if you can wait. I have updated all the characters. But yeah, I suppose I realised this "breaking change" too late. As you said 'Offensive actions' and 'spells' are not displaying outputs in chat. Some, a very few, of the Stat blocks are void. I agree with everyone. I think Roll20 implement changes to better their own position in the market, but don't seem to have a worry about the effect on other parts of their community.  Personally I just can't get on with the OGL sheet, I find it counter intuitive to what Kryx has developed for free, and yet we are paying roll20 to use his latest features.  I am going through something similar in my profession. Going to work and having nice compliments of people for the work we carried out on a site and yet knowing the company I worked are making excuse upon excuse to hold money back. The amount of time I have put in just trying to reclaim money I am entitled to. Demoralising.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.5.4 Bug Fixes #606: SRD Weapon drag incorrect #604: Actions issue upon monster import #601: Racial Traits (Description and Slots Police) #602: When picking he psion spell components (Mental, Auditory, Visual etc.) the choice resets. #574: Every Monster Compendium Spear Multiplying NPC parsing of these has been turned off for now unless they come from the SRD. I'd like to have them work, but this is better than the sheet being overloaded. It looks like another change that roll20 made that steve mentioned. Blah. That should solve all the major issues. Thanks for your support the last few days everyone. I appreciate the kind words. To ease any worries: The sheet will still be maintained if I ever decide to not develop new features.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: Thanks for your support the last few days everyone. I appreciate the kind words. To ease any worries: The sheet will still be maintained if I ever decide to not develop new features. Thanks Kryx. That's very generous of your time. I have a few projects I maintain like that, and they do take time that could be used for other endeavors (many of which pay actual money). Good on you.

Edited 1505329659
Thank your for the work you have done to update the sheet. You and several other other script writers here are the main reason I use Roll20. The ease of planning and setup remove an unknown amount of time of my hands. Thanks for the work you put into the sheet!!! Even upped my my patreon support, to money where my mouth is!
Apologies if this has been covered. My old disciple of life healing bonus doesn't seem to work in the new modifier area. Would someone kindly help me update the syntax?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheWebCoder said: Apologies if this has been covered. My old disciple of life healing bonus doesn't seem to work in the new modifier area. Would someone kindly help me update the syntax? <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Creating%20and%20Linking%20Character%20Abilities#markdown-header-cleric-life-domain" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Creating%20and%20Linking%20Character%20Abilities#markdown-header-cleric-life-domain</a>

Edited 1505684502
Wow, I didn't know the docs got moved to bitbucket. I'm out of touch! Is this replacing the old docs? If so I can update the entry in the&nbsp; Roll20 sheet list. As for the recommended solution, maybe I'm missing something but is the idea to modify every healing spell with +1 per higher level? Wouldn't it be a lot more efficient to have a single modifier that applied to all healing spells like before? 2 + @{higher_level_query_1_} used to accomplish that. Let me guess, add to Bitbucket as enhancement request? :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, the google docs are gone. Feel free to update any links. A single modifier to all healing wasn't possible for some reason, I forget why. There will likely be no new features for the sheet for the immediate future - I'm focused on bug fixes for the time that I can dedicate to developing Shaped right now.
Understood. I've updated the Sheet Index to reflect the new help docs location. As an aside, any idea why this player's AC is displaying as 50 when it calculates to 25?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The AC in the armor section is "ac_from_armor" and the AC in the shield is "AC". "AC" comes from "ac_from_armor" plus modifiers - check those. If nothing in there adds 25 to AC then try turning the sheet to an NPC sheet and clearing the AC field or try checking attributes and abilities and remove any duplicate AC fields. After you do one of those uncheck and recheck an armor to get tit to recalculate.

Edited 1505694756
Kryx said: The AC in the armor section is "ac_from_armor" and the AC in the shield is "AC". "AC" comes from "ac_from_armor" plus modifiers - check those. If nothing in there adds 25 to AC then try turning the sheet to an NPC sheet and clearing the AC field or try checking attributes and abilities and remove any duplicate AC fields. After you do one of those uncheck and recheck an armor to get tit to recalculate. I unchecked / rechecked each defense item and it recalculated correctly. Thank you. (I'm a little embarrassed the answer was to turn it off and back on again ;-))
These are the times I wish I understood HTML and JavaScript. I'd offer to help, but my ignorance of the language would only set you back I'm working on converting ToA to the this sheet and really wish the sheetworker changes hadn't happen now.&nbsp;&nbsp;The OGL conversion is working, but some ont he script-&gt;sheet interactions aren't. So here to hoping Kryx can resolve them soon.

Edited 1505756736
Zym
Sheet Author
BP said: These are the times I wish I understood HTML and JavaScript. I'd offer to help, but my ignorance of the language would only set you back I'm working on converting ToA to the this sheet and really wish the sheetworker changes hadn't happen now.&nbsp;&nbsp;The OGL conversion is working, but some ont he script-&gt;sheet interactions aren't. So here to hoping Kryx can resolve them soon. I am in the same situation. I've set up a half dozen APIs, set up the sheets, converted, but the tokens macros and chat outputs are just amiss.&nbsp; We'll be really hoping Kryx can help, but I fear for him, with Lucian away then its a struggle and we all wish to help but don't know much about coding ourselves. Unfortunately we're going to start ToA with the OGL roll20 default, then progress. I just hate that sheets spell management page, it completely sucks and is a pain in the butt to sort out spell outputs. EDIT: HTML and Java isn't too bad, its mostly APIs, the hidden language of how other scripts communicate with each other, I find difficult. If its anything like my experience with other codes then its just as time consuming! Well here's my support for Kryx. Good Luck Mate. :D
Entered on forum to say "Thank you"
Hey Kryx!&nbsp; Love your sheet!&nbsp; This is actually my first post on Roll20.&nbsp; I did have some questions and anyone is free to answer to maybe save Kryx some time.&nbsp; I see on old sheets, spells would roll if damage type, at least that seem to be what they appeared to do from screens, yet now click only posts the info on the spell.&nbsp; Second, not sure how to pull from the SRD when entering weapons, etc?&nbsp; Is it supposed to as I know links to the SRD was made at one point.&nbsp; Finally, I see links for Class Feature toggles, but is it possible to link directly to the variable of the class feature for a token bar?&nbsp; IE Rage count, lay on hands avail HP, etc.&nbsp; Thanks in advance.

Edited 1505938292
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey Joshua, It sounds like you've imported spells from the script? Assuming so the script has several issues due to the recent breaking change that roll20 has done. See my issue tracker:&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issue" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issue</a>... You can toggle the attack or saving throw checkbox and things will likely work. I need to resolve several script issues, but am simply involved in other projects right now which are taking most of my time. For how to drag from SRD you can follow a similar process as how the OGL sheet does it:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXNSGeG_sh4" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXNSGeG_sh4</a> Repeating sections cannot be references by a token in the token bar, unfortunately. It's been a feature missing from roll20 for too long. :(
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I've added default tokens and tied them to characters and can't seem to get the initiative rolls to auto-populate the tracker. Any ideas where I went wrong?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Perhaps you have unchecked "send to tracker" on the settings page?

Edited 1505940011
Send to tracker is checked, break ties is not checked. I don't believe I've touched either.
Double check that the token 'Represents' the correct character sheet. Also make sure you have the token selected when you roll Initiative.
Yeah, they're all set to "Represent" the correct characters. One of the things that was weird to me is that the NPCs are working fine, and when you click on the character sheet and roll initiative it doesn't give you a prompt saying "no token selected" like I would expect when there isn't one selected.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're not getting a prompt then "send to tracker" is not working. Try unchecking and rechecking it.
That fixed it, thanks Kryx. Next time I'll try turning things on and off again before I waste your time &gt;_&lt;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No worries. If you're interested in helping me save some time can you test this on a new sheet using the latest version and open an issue if it still occurs?
Sure, I'll send you a bug report with the details of the campaign setup and what-not if anything comes up.
Hello there, I have a general question that I hope is okay to ask here. So, I'm trying to make a dropdown for selecting attacks from sheets using general repeating fields I have everything working fine and dandy aside from the attack's damage bonus. "repeatingoffense$0_attack_ability" only outputs text, such as "DEX" or "FIN" rather than outputting the value. I've tried "attack_bonus" as well, but that attribute seems to refer to a different field than attribute bonuses. In the meantime I have added to_hit to the damage then subtracted proficiency bonus, which has the same result. Is the any way to clean this up and add the damage bonus properly? Here's a snippet of it "roll2 [[@{selected|repeating_offense_$0_attack_damage_die}+@{selected|repeating_offense_$0_attack_ability}]]" (Also, got any general tips or examples of dropdown macros like this?)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you mean query macros? Shaped only has query macros for saving throws and ability checks (for legacy reasons). Query macros are not supported within roll20 at all and require a significant amount of hacks and workarounds. You're on your own if you desire to build one - I wouldn't recommend it.
I use a macro : &nbsp; %{selected|shaped_offense} Makes it easy to use selected token if you play multiple characters or you can just drop the macro from the settings page on character sheet.
I've recently changed my style of DMing and now I wish to change my 300+ ready-made monsters tfrom&nbsp;publicly displaying every roll I make to querying me (in case I wish to roll something in secret). Is there a way to make a global change to sheets that are already set up?
CraigDMHyde said: I've recently changed my style of DMing and now I wish to change my 300+ ready-made monsters tfrom&nbsp;publicly displaying every roll I make to querying me (in case I wish to roll something in secret). Is there a way to make a global change to sheets that are already set up? If you use the companion script and !shaped-apply-defaults still works (I have not tried it since the great Roll20 breakage that has caused Kryx no end to problems) you can use !shaped-config to change the roll defaults to query then use !shaped-apply-defaults to make that change to all of your monsters. Unfortunately IIRC it does not have the --all parameter however it isn't&nbsp;that tough to create a map that you put the monsters on in batches of 10 or so and select them all then use the script.
Ah cool thanks. Yeah that problem you mentioned. &nbsp;Could it be the reason why half of my monsters spells and actions&nbsp;stopped displaying properly? I'm pulling my hair out trying to fix my stuff before my next session.
<a href="https://ibb.co/m7GOpQ" rel="nofollow">https://ibb.co/m7GOpQ</a> <a href="https://ibb.co/bTosik" rel="nofollow">https://ibb.co/bTosik</a> Is what shows for a majority of my spells now. The older the monster was, the more broken they seem to be.&nbsp; Some monsters I have to click the attack checkbox under the weapon that isn't working. then click it again. so, after I disable the attack and then enable it, it works. I have over 100 unique npcs, many with spells. If they have all been destroyed..&nbsp;I'll lose an uncountable amount of work. not to mention I will have to go into each NPC and manually fix them..&nbsp; But even dragging and dropping isn't working for some spells. (as seen above in the images I linked.
CraigDMHyde said: <a href="https://ibb.co/m7GOpQ" rel="nofollow">https://ibb.co/m7GOpQ</a> <a href="https://ibb.co/bTosik" rel="nofollow">https://ibb.co/bTosik</a> Is what shows for a majority of my spells now. The older the monster was, the more broken they seem to be.&nbsp; Some monsters I have to click the attack checkbox under the weapon that isn't working. then click it again. so, after I disable the attack and then enable it, it works. I have over 100 unique npcs, many with spells. If they have all been destroyed..&nbsp;I'll lose an uncountable amount of work. not to mention I will have to go into each NPC and manually fix them..&nbsp; But even dragging and dropping isn't working for some spells. (as seen above in the images I linked. <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues?stat" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues?stat</a>... and <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issue" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issue</a>... You can see there are issues caused by the Roll20 Breakage as I stated earlier. We are all feeling the pain.
Is it bad that I don't feel as bad knowing it's not only me? :P But seriously... damn it.

Edited 1506240467
Zym
Sheet Author
Yeah just confirm. Neither of you are alone. No worries. Its something that happened with a roll20 update. I get the impression that they are releasing a new compendium update and trying to find a sweet spot for their own character sheet (OGL) as they have also mentioned they will be releasing the PHB and MM and I guess the DMG under license of WotC.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jacob's ChatSetAttr is much better at handling large changes. Check it out!
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I recently changed to the 5e shaped sheet from the Dnd 5e sheet (by copying the game if that makes a difference) and have noticed an issue where some (and with certain character sheets, all) the skills are missing. The same skills are missing from both the list in the core tab and any statblock that lists the skills. I don't know if this is a known issue or just me missing something obvious but any help would be appreciated.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shaped and OGL sheets are not compatible for PCs. You will need to create new sheets for your PCs.
That's a shame, is there any way to copy the progress I've made on this character sheet over to the new one or do I have to start completely from scratch? Also is it just the missing skills that are lost due to incompatibility because one of the PC sheets seems to be fine but if I'm going to have to redo it eventually I might as well know now? Thanks for the quick reply and for making such a good sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sheets will generally encounter issues when you try to switch from one system to another. I'd highly recommend starting from scratch for any PC. NPCs are converted so they are fine. For the most part you can copy paste - it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.5.5 Bug Fixes #611: Ammo weight not being tracked
I tried searching for&nbsp;Jacob's ChatSetAttr. What is that? Got a link? :)