Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Vanakoji said: Albert R. said: Hello, Can someone please explain how I would add a 1d4 modifier for the bless spell in the modifiers section. Bless adds d4 to saving throws and attacks so, Enter after entering a name so you remember what it is, enable the attack and saving throw sections by clicking the box. Next enter 1 and select d4 in the first section of both of them. It should look like the following. <a href="https://i.imgur.com/fP6wroQ.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/fP6wroQ.png</a> After that, whenever you are blessed, check the box (next to bless in the linked image as that was the entered name), and the sheet will take a second a add that into all applicapble rolls for you.&nbsp; Thanks&nbsp; Vanakoji . You are a righteous dude!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As others have pointed out in another thread: Firefox Quantum seems significantly faster. If anyone sees any UI issues please let me know.
I can confirm the sheets load lightning fast in Firefox, wow! Although I get issues with player's webcams and some lag on the tabletop. Win some lose some, I guess. I will try again in my Wednesday game and post results.
In one of the PCs in my campaign, whenever I use the "Skill Chekcs Query", I can only see skills up to the first Trained skill, in order. When I mark that skill as Untrained, I can only see in the Query Box up to the next trained skill, and so on. Moving skills around, or removing them all and re-adding with the "Generate Skills" button didn't fixed it. All other PCs are working fine.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Calliban said: whenever I use the "Skill Chekcs Query" I would recommend not using queries. The structure of them within roll20 is not reliable. Chat macros are the supported option, queries are left for legacy reasons.
H'lo, I tried researching to see if someone has already done this and could not find anything so I apologize if I missed it. I am using Modifiers for things like Fighting Style, Sharpshooter, Hunter's mark, etc. and I would like to have it display the Modifier name that is active on the attack roll. Could a macro in the summary portion of the weapon suffice? (thinking no because of the if/then of whether the mod is checked). If API is required, how hard would it be to plug in? I do not have PRO, but the DM does. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You might want to peruse&nbsp; this section of the Shaped Wiki. It has some very good methods for handling this sort of thing. As for having an automatic display of what modifiers are active, I don't think this is possible as is. The closest thing would be to hover over the result number and check the modifiers to the roll, but that's hardly what you're looking for.
Yeah, its having to explain to the DM whats what in the rolls, where, if the attack showed in the summary box or whereever, what was included, then it would be alot easier. I have tried the attachment method and putting it on each weapon, but then either the output gets real messy, or remembering to update each weapon with all the different things, then you need to ignore what is not valid.&nbsp;&nbsp; To me, the Modifiers is working about the best except for its lack of a description of what the modifier really is in the output, where the DM needs to see it. Thanks for the help, will continue to dig for a solution.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The details are only included on a hover of the result. If your GM wants to know where each benefit came from then that is the appropriate place to look.
Hey Kryx, Love the sheet thanks for the hard work, I truly appreciate it. My question is can you put a print button on the sheet or perhaps an export button so I can get a hard copy of my character.

Edited 1511374083
Vorkosigan said: Hey Kryx, Love the sheet thanks for the hard work, I truly appreciate it. My question is can you put a print button on the sheet or perhaps an export button so I can get a hard copy of my character. You should check out his documentation on the sheet and make sure this isn't a request already and if it is well then you can see its priority. If you don't see it there then I would suggest you make a suggestion. <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues?stat" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues?stat</a>... This is where you can see bug reports and suggestions.&nbsp;
Kryx said: The details are only included on a hover of the result. If your GM wants to know where each benefit came from then that is the appropriate place to look. That only shows the results of the mod, not where it came from. It would be much faster to see the modifier name listed in the attack/damage output. I was only wondering if there was a simple plug in macro/script that did this already and apparently it is a lot more complicated than that. I do think it is a great sheet and it is obvious a ton of work has been put into it. I just think it would be helpful to have a name/descriptor for the modifier displayed whenever it came into play. I will submit it as a suggestion and be patient. Thank you for a great sheet.
Kryx said: As others have pointed out in another thread: Firefox Quantum seems significantly faster. If anyone sees any UI issues please let me know. For quite a while I've leaned away from FF because the Chrome inspector was so much better, but seeing you post this made me go check out Quantum. FF has really tried to get back into the game! It's snappy and they improved their inspector a lot.

Edited 1511565727
TheWebCoder said: Kryx said: As others have pointed out in another thread: Firefox Quantum seems significantly faster. If anyone sees any UI issues please let me know. For quite a while I've leaned away from FF because the Chrome inspector was so much better, but seeing you post this made me go check out Quantum. FF has really tried to get back into the game! It's snappy and they improved their inspector a lot. Yeah, I used FFQ when I ran my Wednesday game sheets loaded super fast!&nbsp; I did not get the same lag that I previously mentioned on the tabletop also!&nbsp; However, one person's webcam kept freezing on me. Not a dealbreaker, from what I heard most don't use cams (I like seeing people personally). Also, that's not a sheet problem.
Dvergr76 said: Yeah, I used FFQ when I ran my Wednesday game sheets loaded super fast!&nbsp; I did not get the same lag that I previously mentioned on the tabletop also!&nbsp; However, one person's webcam kept freezing on me. Not a dealbreaker, from what I heard most don't use cams (I like seeing people personally). Also, that's not a sheet problem. Good to know. We use Google Hangouts for video chat. For whatever reason, decoupling it from Roll20 gives us better performance.
How well do the official&nbsp; Wizards of the Coast Roll20 modules like&nbsp; Tomb of Annihilation play with the Shaped sheet? Has anyone given it a try?
John S. said: How well do the official&nbsp; Wizards of the Coast Roll20 modules like&nbsp; Tomb of Annihilation play with the Shaped sheet? Has anyone given it a try? Can't say for Tomb of Annihilation, but for Tales from the Yawning Portal, I've been running White Plume Mountain using the Shaped sheet with no issues. Only thing I will say is that there was a recent module update which I haven't updated my game with yet, so that may change things.

Edited 1511753713
John S. said: How well do the official&nbsp; Wizards of the Coast Roll20 modules like&nbsp; Tomb of Annihilation play with the Shaped sheet? Has anyone given it a try? It works just fine with ToA and any module released. Though it is a good idea to create a holder campaign that you can use to transmogrify sheets from, if there is something wrong with a sheet in your campaign.
I'm getting a few weird issues with the sheet, been around a while and realized I had not reported them yet. I am using the companion script in addition to the base sheet. 1. HD issues (v15.5.3, v15.5.8) Occasionally, when levelling up a character they gain a number of hd_d2 that appears in the Hit Dice box, and I need to manually remove in the attributes section. Also, it has added something like 11111111d0 HD as well, which does not appear in the box and also needs to manually removed. This bug has occurred across multiple games. 2. Proficiency/Stat error in Saves (v15.5.3) The party fighter's sheet displays her Strength saving throw as normal, but when rolled it seems to use a lower value. I believe this character was imported from a previous version of the campaign. After trying to manually fix everything in the attributes, nothing worked. Oddly enough when we renamed her character sheet, the issue solved itself. 3. Modifier changes current/max HP (v15.5.8) When using a modifier (to add AC, bless modifier, etc), the sheet resets my characters HP to 11/11 (has persisted for a few levels now, currently 4). Issue occurs both toggling on, and toggling off. hd_d6 does not effect this, but changing hit_dice does. The sheet was at 2/2d6 when tested, and when changing it to 4/4d6 the modifier issue persists and changes HP to 22/22. Character has a Con of +4 so not sure what math is being used in this calculation. Happy to provide more info as needed.

Edited 1511816551
dunebug said: I'm getting a few weird issues with the sheet, been around a while and realized I had not reported them yet. I am using the companion script in addition to the base sheet. 1. HD issues (v15.5.3, v15.5.8) Occasionally, when levelling up a character they gain a number of hd_d2 that appears in the Hit Dice box, and I need to manually remove in the attributes section. Also, it has added something like 11111111d0 HD as well, which does not appear in the box and also needs to manually removed. This bug has occurred across multiple games. 2. Proficiency/Stat error in Saves (v15.5.3) The party fighter's sheet displays her Strength saving throw as normal, but when rolled it seems to use a lower value. I believe this character was imported from a previous version of the campaign. After trying to manually fix everything in the attributes, nothing worked. Oddly enough when we renamed her character sheet, the issue solved itself. 3. Modifier changes current/max HP (v15.5.8) When using a modifier (to add AC, bless modifier, etc), the sheet resets my characters HP to 11/11 (has persisted for a few levels now, currently 4). Issue occurs both toggling on, and toggling off. hd_d6 does not effect this, but changing hit_dice does. The sheet was at 2/2d6 when tested, and when changing it to 4/4d6 the modifier issue persists and changes HP to 22/22. Character has a Con of +4 so not sure what math is being used in this calculation. Happy to provide more info as needed. Hit Die issues are fixed in v15.5.9 (so that should cover 1 and 3)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please open all issues on the issue tracker. All issues posted here will not be addressed. Additionally please only open issues on the latest version on roll20 or the latest version released. All issues for other versions will not be addressed.
Thanks techiecarer and Jerry F. for the info.
techiecarer said: Hit Die issues are fixed in v15.5.9 (so that should cover 1 and 3) Didn't fix #3, I'll go and submit some proper bug reports.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you manually modifying the Hit Die property? I don't see this behavior.
Is there anyway to know when 15.5.9 will go live, roughly?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As a Pro user you can upgrade any time you like.
I can, but I've a friend using Shaped who isn't technical and only uses the latest sheet on Roll20.

Edited 1512099488
TheWebCoder said: I can, but I've a friend using Shaped who isn't technical and only uses the latest sheet on Roll20. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pulls" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pulls</a> Roll20 typically does pulls&nbsp;on Tuesday/Wednesday so I would believe next Tue/Wed unless Kryx pulls the request he loaded yesterday.
Shadowspawn said: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pulls" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pulls</a> Roll20 typically does pulls&nbsp;on Tuesday/Wednesday so I would believe next Tue/Wed unless Kryx pulls the request he loaded yesterday. Dynamite.&nbsp;
15.5.9 rolled out today and fixed ALL THE THINGS that were wonky between edit mode / view mode. Super happy. Thanks, Kryx
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Is there a way to access the Modifiers section with something like ChatSetAttr? I'd like to make a token macro button to toggle Great Weapon Master's -5/+10 without having to open up the sheet. (or any other modifier for that matter, but that's the one I'm focused on at the moment.)
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Is there a way to access the Modifiers section with something like ChatSetAttr? I'd like to make a token macro button to toggle Great Weapon Master's -5/+10 without having to open up the sheet. (or any other modifier for that matter, but that's the one I'm focused on at the moment.) Looks like attribute for the checkbox is repeating_modifier_&lt;ID or $rownum&gt;_active with value 1 or 0 for being toggled on or off, respectively.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thank you. How did you find that? I looked through the documentation and used the Inspector, but my skillz are obviously not mad enough.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Thank you. How did you find that? I looked through the documentation and used the Inspector, but my skillz are obviously not mad enough. Just inspector: &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_active" value="1" class="sheet-medium-checkbox sheet-absolute sheet-positive-z-index" checked="checked"&gt;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, that worked perfectly, BTW. My Barbarian player knows nothing about this sort of background mechanics, but he thanks you, I'm sure.

Edited 1513352752
Matt
Pro
Running v15.5.9 of the sheet. Trying to add Token Actions for my players' PCs for their attacks, but I keep getting errors.&nbsp; Running " !shaped-abilities --offense " gives me " Shaped Scripts Unrecognised or poorly formed option offense " error. Running " !shaped-abilities --attack " gives me " Shaped Scripts Ability Creation&nbsp; Configured the following abilities for character Patience Jones: Attacks: Not present for character " error. This is happening for all PC tokens in my (long-running) game. Is there something obvious I'm missing? Token is selected. API is restarted. Browser (Chrome) is restarted. Note: Running " !shaped-abilities --spells " works fine. It's just the attacks that don't want to work.
Hi, Just curious, is there a way to modify save rolls for a ring of protection? Or do we just need to create an attacher for the item and add the modifier afterwards?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Leon. Check out the Modifiers section on the right hand side of the sheet. You can set up a modifier called "Ring of Protection" that can modify saving throws. The modifier can be toggled to simulate donning or removing the ring.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jakob said: keithcurtis said: Thank you. How did you find that? I looked through the documentation and used the Inspector, but my skillz are obviously not mad enough. Just inspector: &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_active" value="1" class="sheet-medium-checkbox sheet-absolute sheet-positive-z-index" checked="checked"&gt; It turns out this didn't do the trick. Although the script checks the box all right, the modifier doesn't actually activate unless I clcik the box manually. I.e. the box is clicked, but the modifiers don't do anything to the roll. At least not consistently.

Edited 1513515357
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Jakob said: keithcurtis said: Thank you. How did you find that? I looked through the documentation and used the Inspector, but my skillz are obviously not mad enough. Just inspector: &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_active" value="1" class="sheet-medium-checkbox sheet-absolute sheet-positive-z-index" checked="checked"&gt; It turns out this didn't do the trick. Although the script checks the box all right, the modifier doesn't actually activate unless I clcik the box manually. I.e. the box is clicked, but the modifiers don't do anything to the roll. At least not consistently. So it works sometimes , but not always? Argh. Seems like the API-sheet workers are acting up there. I checked it myself for a simple AC boost and it seems to be working. If it never worked, I would think you turned off setWithWorker in your ChatSetAttr options, but like this, no idea...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I just figured it out. The weapon I was testing with was put on the character a very long time ago. I noticed that it was reporting "false" instead of "melee weapon attack" in chat. I toggled it to ranged and back. All is working now. The inconsistency I was seeing was due to testing with different weapons on the sheet. Thanks!
keithcurtis said: Hi Leon. Check out the Modifiers section on the right hand side of the sheet. You can set up a modifier called "Ring of Protection" that can modify saving throws. The modifier can be toggled to simulate donning or removing the ring. Example:&nbsp;<a href="https://screencast.com/t/T6bQ2cMy" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/T6bQ2cMy</a>
Thanks. The screenshot helps a lot!
I have a question regarding the custom modifiers for skills; since they're listed as skill_$# how can I tell what skills are what? I first tried thinking that the numbers were what the skills were regularly going down but it seems not to be the case.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20 does not support accessing a repeating section from another repeating section, hence the weird way of handling skills in the modifiers section. If you haven't adjusted your skills you can simply count from the top (starting at 0) and that number will be the number you want to modify.
Ah, that was why; I counted from 1 instead of 0. Thank you.
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I had a question about setting Character Sheet default options.&nbsp; I would like to set it such that each new character I create be set with the Rolls Whispered to GM as Default.&nbsp; Is it possible for me to do that using this sheet without being a Pro member?&nbsp; I thought I had done something like that before and set it so that each new character I created was an NPC, but I might be mistaken and that might be the natural default of the sheet.&nbsp; Any help is appreciated, thank you!
If you have the API installed use !shaped-config

Edited 1514509379
Jim W. said: If you have the API installed use !shaped-config API is Pro only,&nbsp; Dungeon Monster is a Plus subscriber Dungeon Monster said: Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I had a question about setting Character Sheet default options.&nbsp; I would like to set it such that each new character I create be set with the Rolls Whispered to GM as Default.&nbsp; Is it possible for me to do that using this sheet without being a Pro member?&nbsp; I thought I had done something like that before and set it so that each new character I created was an NPC, but I might be mistaken and that might be the natural default of the sheet.&nbsp; Any help is appreciated, thank you! I believe default settings are currently only available via the API unfortunately. There is a "Default Sheet Settings" option in Game Settings for some sheets, but if I remember right the testing of that system was unreliable and Kryx was unable to be sure that it was working.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
techiecarer said: I believe default settings are currently only available via the API unfortunately. There is a "Default Sheet Settings" option in Game Settings for some sheets, but if I remember right the testing of that system was unreliable and Kryx was unable to be sure that it was working. Roll20 never provided a way to test default settings on custom sheets - which is how all authors of sheets test them. :(