Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Cody S. said: Is there any way to manually add to a PC's total hit dice? I'm starting PCs with 2HD at level 1 to help ease the early-level pain of a drastically reduced amount of healing available, but I can't seem to find a way to manipulate this number on the sheet. Almost brand new to roll20 and completely brand new to character sheets in it, so apologies if I'm overlooking something obvious. As a different solution, one way I've found to side step this is to assign the sheet to a token, set one of the bars (blue, red, green, it doesn't matter) to the respective Hit Dice (d8, as an example). The token bar will update to reflect the amount of Hit Dice you have and the maximum. If you edit the Maximum there on the token, it will actually update the Maximum on the character sheet.  This will, quite likely, break something when you go to level up, but its worked so far since I've been using the technique.
I am trying to use Spell Points in my campaign and was not sure if there is a way to have the sheet automatically deduct those points when casting a spell? I have the "Points" button activated on the Spells tab of the Character Sheet and I have the "Automatically Expend Spell Resources" box checked on the Settings tab. If this is possible, am I missing a step? Thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That particular feature requires use of the API, and hence, a Pro level subscription. If you look at the box surrounding that option, you will see that it is labeled API. Every option in that box requires the Companion script.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fast Jimmy said: As a different solution, one way I've found to side step this is to assign the sheet to a token, set one of the bars (blue, red, green, it doesn't matter) to the respective Hit Dice (d8, as an example). The token bar will update to reflect the amount of Hit Dice you have and the maximum. If you edit the Maximum there on the token, it will actually update the Maximum on the character sheet.  This will, quite likely, break something when you go to level up, but its worked so far since I've been using the technique. Do not do this. The maximum is replaced on a regular basis (level up, con change). This method will fall out of sync.
How do people use monk's spells with this sheet (example Gust of Wind from one of the Elemental disciplines)?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If it's a spell then I add it as a spell. You can use spell points as ki and then it'll automatically subtract. Spell levels equate to points. 1st = 2, 2nd = 3, 3rd = 5, etc.
But then there would be two ki point pools; one in Class Features and one in spells. And not every use of ki points is for spells. For now I have them as spells but the player must manually deduct the ki from the Class Features ki point pool. Not elegant, to be sure, which is why I'm querying the hive-mind of this thread in case there is a better way. ;)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For a monk that uses any ki based spells I would definitely set up ki as spell points as that's the only way you'll get automatic deducations. For other uses of ki just manually subtract.

Edited 1516909648
Or you could just add them as spells too, is there an option on spell points to deduct 1 point from the pool? 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spells can only do 2 points (1st level). Spell points depend on the slot system to do automatic deduction. I may change this in the future, but it's a significant amount of work with the script which is rather difficult to work with, so not likely in the immediate future as it can easily be worked around.
Kryx said: Spells can only do 2 points (1st level). Spell points depend on the slot system to do automatic deduction. I may change this in the future, but it's a significant amount of work with the script which is rather difficult to work with, so not likely in the immediate future as it can easily be worked around. You could manually add the spell at the higher slots and deduct the ki within the spell. I did it for a Monk. Burning Hands at 1st level uses 2 ki pts. I then added a 2nd level spell of Burning Hands and set it to deduct 3 ki points.  Example for Burning Hands at 1st level  {{classfeature=1}} @{Kaldrana|hide_gm_info} {{uses=4}} {{uses_max=4}} {{per_use=2}} {{repeating_item=repeating_classfeature_-L-JyOZNL7c1ZYCymu-K}} For Burning Hands at 2nd level It is an entirely new spell. {{classfeature=1}} @{Kaldrana|hide_gm_info} {{uses=4}} {{uses_max=4}} {{per_use=3}} {{repeating_item=repeating_classfeature_-L-JyOZNL7c1ZYCymu-K}} Not the most elegant but the player can at least only have 1 ki pool and have the spells deduct from that pool 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You don't need multiple instances of a spell like burning hands. Higher level query will deduct 3 points if you cast burning hands as a 2nd level spell.
Kryx, How can I make the ammo recovery results visible to the players in the chat?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ammo recovery is part of the script, not the sheet. It depends on how recovery is called. Please specify the workflow on the script thread.
Using 15.5.3, and the graphic behind the HP display seems corrupted or has disappeared: I thought that upgrading to a newer version might solve this, so I tried in a test campaign, created a new character, and came up with the same problem: Posted an issue on the issue tracker, but thought I would post here, if this has already been addressed.

Edited 1517318386
Is there a way to set as default that rolls made through the sheet for NPCs are always whispered to the gm? I know about the toggle at the top of the page, but I would like this to be set by default to "Whisper GM" for all NPCs.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Changing sheet defaults requires API usage either through the Shaped Script (for new sheets) or via ChatSetAttr (for existing sheets).
Not sure if this is a bug or merely something I'm doing wrong.  While the players in my D&D 5e campaign are still able to cast spells simply by clicking on them in their journal's spell list as per normal, I'm unable to get any of my NPC's spells to work in the same way (even when I switch their sheet mode to player from NPC, or mess around with having full or empty spell slots remaining). Casting a spell (for example, Web) simply gives the following output: (To GM): web 2nd-level — Casting Time: 1 action Components: V, S, M Duration: Instantaneous Whereas obviously it's expected that the description text of the spell is posted (including damage rolls), which is what happens just fine for the player's characters. Edit: Tracked down the problem - The actual data inside of the spells is all missing, even for freshly spawned creatures (out of the monster manual, say). Very strange that the list is all there but none of the data is imported properly into them. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When a monster is dragged from Roll20's compendium it only has the spell names populated. The compendium has no API so I can not retrieve further data. The script handles this when it imports and it also has a command to populate the spells for dragged creatures, by that requires pro access and setting up the monster data. Unfortunately you'll have to drag each spell a monster has as that is how the Roll20 compendium works.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
15.7.4 Bug Fixes Fix parsing of single quotes that I broke as part of 15.7.3 15.7.3 Bug Fixes #652: Tome of Beasts characters have errors on import . Tome of Beast format variations parsed away to the expected format.
Tried googling around but wasn't able to find it.  Is there a command to increase/decrease Inspiration once set to multiple?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Only an api script could do so. Perhaps ChatSetAttr or another general purpose script would suit your purpose.
Kryx said: Only an api script could do so. Perhaps ChatSetAttr or another general purpose script would suit your purpose. Ack... ok sounds good... Was hoping it might be as simple as !shaped-inspiration +1 or something.  Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI 15.7.4 is now live so all users should be able to use Tome of Beasts without issue. Thanks to Roll20 for making it happen so quick!
Anyone else having severe lag issues with this sheet? I'm not having problems with any other, just this one. Takes 1-2 minutes to update a click.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dale, that is quite irregular. Though another user had the same issues. Check out&nbsp;<a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/653/sheet-lagging-on-edit" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/653/sheet-lagging-on-edit</a>
Thank you very much. It was Firefox. I installed an older version and it works just fine now. Thank you!

Edited 1518042279
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This alpha version should only be used for testing and can only be acquired on my&nbsp; feature branch I believe I have covered nearly every scenario when dragging content from the compendium to the character sheet except the following: Character_name is not set for NPCs. Roll20 is looking to allow sheet workers to modify that Dropping any weapon/equipment on to an npc doesn't add it to their actions (just thought of this now) I've added a bunch of tests for all the scenarios that I've thought of so this solution should be pretty robust. Though please test it out and let me know if you find anything. I'll continue working on it with the hope of releasing a stable 16.0.0 next week. Please continue to open issues on the issue tracker for issues found on the alpha version. 16.0.0-alpha-1 Breaking Changes Importing data from the compendium, script, or OGL content has been completely revamped to use the same system for as much as possible. Importing data from the script and converting from OGL are completely broken. Do not try it. I will fix it as part of the 16.0.0 full release. They will hopefully use nearly all of the same processes as compendium Features #656: Missing comma in Modifiers -&gt; Saving throw Bug Fixes #654: Magic Missile New characters sheets will be created with edit mode enabled UI Adjustments Tabs renamed to "Character"/"NPC", "Spells", "Equipment", "Features", cog "Character" tab for PCs will now show the appearance and backstory details below the normal sheet "All" option removed as it is now only useful for showing settings below other sheets which doesn't have much value Repeating buttons restyled a bit PC Core page column widths adjusted a bit Font size will now adjust if the user adjusts their browser's font size Font sizes adjusted down Passive skills moved to the core page
I know this is a "me issue" I just can't find out what I am doing wrong. I keep getting the below error whenever I load my game or restart my sand box "5eShapedCompanion 1518064024704 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 15.7.4" "5eShapedCompanion 1518064024705 INFO : Configuration state: {\"version\":4.8,\&lt;clipped for space&gt; "5eShapedCompanion 1518064024711 ERROR : Invalid configuration!" any ideas?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Since this is a script question I have responded there:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5222093/5e-shaped-script-version-11-plus/?pageforid=6060391#post-6060391" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5222093/5e-shaped-script-version-11-plus/?pageforid=6060391#post-6060391</a>
I'm considering buying the Tome of Beasts Roll20 compendium, but I want to use Shaped with it. Does anyone know how compatible it would be and if there are any steps I would need to take to make it work?&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The first place to check for such questions is the issue tracker. There you will find&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/652/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/652/</a>...
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This beta version should only be used for testing and can only be acquired on my feature branch 16.0.0-beta-1 Bug Fixes The sheet now handles OGL conversion and partially supports script import (update the script to 12.0.0-beta.1). Monsters should import without issue, but spells aren't 100% yet. Things are getting closer to release. I could use some testing for everything besides spells via script at this point. Thanks if you are able to check it out!

Edited 1518269149
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This release candidate version should only be used for testing and can only be acquired on my feature branch 16.0.0-rc-1 Bug Fixes OGL conversion, Compendium drop, and Script import of monsters, spells, and items should be fully working (update the script to 12.0.0-rc.1) A processing notification now shows while these items are processing, regardless of origin #38: Spell Save DC Not calculating properly in !shaped-spells Weapons dropped on a NPC sheet are added as actions The sheet, by my automated and manual tests, seems to be ready for release besides 1 outstanding issue of "character_name" not updating when a monster is dragged from the compendium. Roll20 is investigating that issue, but the rest of the compendium functionality seems ready to go. Please check it out and let me know if you encounter any issues. Please install the sheet and then the script (order matters)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
16.0.0-rc-2 Code Changed Clean up fields that are no longer used with the new import method
I'm using the default Shaped Sheet and the Companion.&nbsp; When I spend a hit die to heal, it drops hit points to zero.&nbsp; Is this a known bug, or (more likely) I'm doing something wrong.&nbsp; I have "Process HD automatically" turned on in config.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Issue tracker Please report any issues on the issue tracker.

Edited 1518315922
Remind me how to handle the Alert feat on the latest public version of the sheet? Edit: Nevermind. Found it. Modifiers &gt; Ability Check &gt; Init
I am so sorry if someone has asked this recently, but there are a thousand pages in this thread and I can't find an answer. I have a player that just received a stone of good luck. I'm trying to add it into the shaped sheet, but unlike the cloak of protection, it does not automatically update the ability check or saving throw modifiers to display the +1 bonus. I can't seem to find the global mods for these abilities in order to modify this myself. Do you have any suggestions, ideas, or information about how to work this? Thank you so much for all of your time! I sincerely LOVE this sheet!

Edited 1518319353
Nicole A. said: I am so sorry if someone has asked this recently, but there are a thousand pages in this thread and I can't find an answer. I have a player that just received a stone of good luck. I'm trying to add it into the shaped sheet, but unlike the cloak of protection, it does not automatically update the ability check or saving throw modifiers to display the +1 bonus. I can't seem to find the global mods for these abilities in order to modify this myself. Do you have any suggestions, ideas, or information about how to work this? Thank you so much for all of your time! I sincerely LOVE this sheet! You can add it in the Modifiers section (see the image below, it's the 1 in the last box highlighted):

Edited 1518450843
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI the next version will only upgrade sheets from the last 6 months. That means any version before 15.0.0 will no longer be upgraded.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks for the warning. It might be good to put that note on the first post as well? Some folks might have bookmarked that, or might join this thread pages later and be unaware.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's already there (referencing an old version): For upgrades I support a smooth upgrade for any version within the last 6 months. Currently that is version 6.1.0.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Well shut mah mouth. :)

Edited 1518737467
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sneak Peak of the new ui that I've been working on for a while now: Still todo: What to put to the right of conditions (each condition has a tooltip) Add a button to each condition to output it to the chat How to display temp hp and max hp reduced (ideally next to the hp heart, but without reducing its visual heirarchy) Figure out if I should keep the personality traits sections there or move them down Style Spells Add some styling to the spell dc/attack Add some bubbles for each spell level so bubbles can be used instead of slots (will be stored in the same manner as before, just displayed differently - the same as exhaustion is) Style the Spells page If anyone has ideas let me know
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
1. Love the conditions area. I use a macro right now to remind me what each one does. Having it able to output to chat is great. 2. Sounds tough, but I'm sure you'll come up with something. Maybe a field similar to the max HP at the bottom of the heart, right next to it, with a +/-? The rest box could probably be made narrower by renaming the buttons "short" and "long". The box tells us they refer to rests. 3. I like having personality traits fairly prominent, but I'm big on the RP motivation of characters, and fill them out even on NPCs. 4. The bubbles sound intriguing. They'd certainly be quick to read. Would they appear with bubbles or numbers in the chant interface for the spells macro? Do you intend on styling the spells page so that the collapsed toggle is different on the spells page than on the Character page? Not a big fan of the borders. It looks like it was difficult to achieve and its a great match to the paper sheet. But I didn't like them on the paper sheet to begin with. :) Still, in keeping with your central design tenet, it looks proper. Overall, I like it a lot. I'm glad you haven't soured on the sheet, despite the challenge of keeping it seaworthy in a stormy code base. Thanks.
1. I agree to keithcurtis, the&nbsp; conditions area is nice. Would it make sense to have an button for outputting the active conditions (and exhaustion) to chat. Something like: my current status is.... 2. In the first line of symbols there is space left. Perhaps a secondary heart could help. One comibing current max HP (large number) with max (small number) and the second current hp (large number) and temp hp (small number). The second heart could also be current+temp (large) and current(small) 3. Totally agree with ketihcurtis. I noticed that the players do more rping with these traits prominent. 4. Bubbles are nice, but wouldn't there be to much for an high level magic user? I like those lines and the style of paper, as it gives me the feeling playing a pen & paper game an not a computer game. Greetings
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
1. The "Conditions" title button does exactly that - it already has this behavior in 15.X.X and will include all conditions in 16.0.0 2. The first row actually doesn't have extra space - that space is used for another form of movement (Burrow, Climb, Fly, Swim, etc). A character could actually have 4 more than currently shown, but generally will have 0-1. I may have to move "Rest" and put the temp/max reduced hp next to the heart. Ideally I'd like to add them as part of the current heart, but without drawing too much attention. I'll have to play around with some ideas. 4. 4 bubbles per level won't be problematic. I'll have to change the design of the spells section, but that section could align with the paper sheet more anyways.