Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Thanks for the quick reply. 1. I have to commit the we don't play 5e often, as our main campaign ist still 4e on maptools (It is running in the last advetnures and started som 20 years ago) 2. One Idea might be to place the tempHP top right of the heart and place a delta field (current change to max hp) right to max hp.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Findulas said: 2. One Idea might be to place the tempHP top right of the heart and place a delta field (current change to max hp) right to max hp. That's what I'd like to aim for. It's just a matter of getting the right representation now.
Kryx said: Sneak Peak of the new ui that I've been working on for a while now: Seeeeeexxxyyy

Edited 1518836057
Call me dumb, but is there a way to hide the standard "hit" read-out in chat on a single weapon?
techiecarer said: Nicole A. said: I am so sorry if someone has asked this recently, but there are a thousand pages in this thread and I can't find an answer. I have a player that just received a stone of good luck. I'm trying to add it into the shaped sheet, but unlike the cloak of protection, it does not automatically update the ability check or saving throw modifiers to display the +1 bonus. I can't seem to find the global mods for these abilities in order to modify this myself. Do you have any suggestions, ideas, or information about how to work this? Thank you so much for all of your time! I sincerely LOVE this sheet! You can add it in the Modifiers section (see the image below, it's the 1 in the last box highlighted): YOU ARE A GOD!!!!! I never knew this section existed and I love it!!!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Keiss said: Call me dumb, but is there a way to hide the standard "hit" read-out in chat on a single weapon? If you do not want an attack roll you can toggle it off on the weapon. Other damage is used for straight damage.
Kryx said: Keiss said: Call me dumb, but is there a way to hide the standard "hit" read-out in chat on a single weapon? If you do not want an attack roll you can toggle it off on the weapon. Other damage is used for straight damage. So I have a player who is an artificer. One of her attacks requires a save. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to make the initial hit box go away because I want to use the DC fail/success hit instead.
Keiss said: Kryx said: Keiss said: Call me dumb, but is there a way to hide the standard "hit" read-out in chat on a single weapon? If you do not want an attack roll you can toggle it off on the weapon. Other damage is used for straight damage. So I have a player who is an artificer. One of her attacks requires a save. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to make the initial hit box go away because I want to use the DC fail/success hit instead. Uncheck the box next to ranged weapon attack as I don't believe the fire is an attack so <a href="https://i.imgur.com/Yd1lfkj.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/Yd1lfkj.png</a>

Edited 1518943749
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The above is correct. Alchemist's Fire does not have an&nbsp;attack. You can drag it from the compendium and it'll populate the correct fields for you.

Edited 1518964406
Findulas said: 1. I agree to keithcurtis, the&nbsp; conditions area is nice. Would it make sense to have an button for outputting the active conditions (and exhaustion) to chat. Something like: my current status is.... I think instead of click to show status, it should show on every roll where your character name usually is. That way you are reminded on anything you do that you have adv/dis or some other condition which improves or limits your actions. I have suggested this previously. Instead of two columns of conditions, you could make it 3 columns to take up the white space. I realize it is not an evenly divided number in case that bothers you. You could also put the modifiers section there. It would be squeezed but it makes sense (to me) to have all the things that are buffing/debuffing you in one place. All in all, great changes Kryx. I look forward to utilizing them.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HLazar said: I think instead of click to show status, it should show on every roll where your character name usually is. That way you are reminded on anything you do that you have adv/dis or some other condition which improves or limits your actions. I have suggested this previously. Showing on the roll is already too late for the intended playstyle of using advantage, disadvantage, etc. Even if it did work for that process it'd be a lot of work to implement, which is why it hasn't been implemented.
Kryx said: The above is correct. Alchemist's Fire does not have an&nbsp;attack. You can drag it from the compendium and it'll populate the correct fields for you. Actually it does have a ranged attack. <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Alchemist's%20Fire#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Alchemist's%20Fire#content</a>

Edited 1518969583
Vanakoji
KS Backer
Ya, the question before was for the artificer alchemical fire which is a save only. Alchemist's fire is a ranged attack to hit for 1d4 (roll20 listed as improvised weapon, that parts doesn't auto fill) and a save against the ongoing burning.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Either the text is incorrect or the fields provided by roll20 is incorrect. I can't fully check as I'm on vacation right now. It used to drag from the srd correctly, but I'd have to check.
Kryx said: Either the text is incorrect or the fields provided by roll20 is incorrect. I can't fully check as I'm on vacation right now. It used to drag from the srd correctly, but I'd have to check. The SRD is NOT the same as the Artificer Alchemical Fire. The following is from the SRD, which is the same as the PHB.&nbsp; Alchemist's Fire This sticky, adhesive fluid ignites when exposed to air. As an action, you can throw this flask up to 20 feet, shattering it on impact. Make a ranged Attack against a creature or object, treating the alchemist's fire as an improvised weapon. On a hit, the target takes 1d4 fire damage at the start of each of its turns. A creature can end this damage by using its action to make a DC 10 Dexterity check to extinguish the flames.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Read the description of the item again and then look at the fields. In the fields you'll see that it has a dexterity saving throw even though Alchemist's Fire has no such saving throw in it's description. Roll20 needs to remove the saving throw from the srd item. Can someone make a thread asking them to fix it?
Kryx said: Read the description of the item again and then look at the fields. In the fields you'll see that it has a dexterity saving throw even though Alchemist's Fire has no such saving throw in it's description. Roll20 needs to remove the saving throw from the srd item. Can someone make a thread asking them to fix it? Kryx, The SRD is correct as it is the Alchemist Fire it is not Alchemical Fire. There is no SRD for Alchemical Fire. The Artificer item is Alchemical Fire which behaves differently from the SRD/PHB item Alchemist Fire.&nbsp; SRD/PHB item Alchemist's Fire This sticky, adhesive fluid ignites when exposed to air. As an action, you can throw this flask up to 20 feet, shattering it on impact. Make a ranged Attack against a creature or object, treating the alchemist's fire as an improvised weapon. On a hit, the target takes 1d4 fire damage at the start of each of its turns. A creature can end this damage by using its action to make a DC 10 Dexterity check to extinguish the flames. UA Artificer item Alchemical Fire. As an action, you can reach into your Alchemist’s Satchel, pull out a vial of volatile liquid, and hurl the vial at a creature, object, or surface within 30 feet of you (the vial and its contents disappear if you don’t hurl the vial by the end of the current turn). On impact, the vial detonates in a 5-foot radius. Any creature in that area must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or take 1d6 fire damage.

Edited 1518988815
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not talking about the Alchemist from the UA. Read Alchemist's Fire on Roll20 and you will see it is incorrect: Alchemist's Fire This sticky, adhesive fluid ignites when exposed to air. As an action, you can throw this flask up to 20 feet, shattering it on impact. Make a ranged Attack against a creature or object, treating the alchemist's fire as an improvised weapon. On a hit, the target takes 1d4 fire damage at the start of each of its turns. A creature can end this damage by using its action to make a DC 10 Dexterity check to extinguish the flames. Attributes Damage 1d4 Damage Type Fire Item Type Adventuring Gear Properties Improvised Weapons Range 20/60 Save Dexterity Weight 1 Alchemist's Fire never uses a Dexterity saving throw. It uses a Dexterity ability check. That is incorrect. EDIT: I've opened a thread:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6097196/compendium-error-alchemists-fire-incorrectly-includes-a-saving-throw/?pageforid=6097196#post-6097196" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6097196/compendium-error-alchemists-fire-incorrectly-includes-a-saving-throw/?pageforid=6097196#post-6097196</a>
Is there a way to convert all NPC spells over to this sheet? For instance, if I am using a module that has everything set up already. It would be ideal to not have to input 100s of NPCs spells again. I know there was some sort of import tool for the old sheet but am unfamiliar with a new one. Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
OGL modules should convert to Shaped without issue. If you're experiencing otherwise it's best to open an issue on the issue tracker with a detailed reproduction path and to import a character that doesn't work to my develop campaign .
Ok, I'll take a look at it again when I get home. Basically what happened to me was I loaded up the curse of strahd module and opened "the mad mage". He was numerous spells prepared and you can click them on the sheet, but it does not cast them, it just links blank information to chat. There is also 1 spell action under his actions section that is fire bolt and that works normally.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It sounds like the OGL format does not have the data. It's typical for OGL compendium data to not have anything but the spell name. Check the OGL version first as the Shaped sheet can only convert what is there.
I tested further with more OGL data and it seems to be the case for all NPCs. I tried it in a new game as well in case it was module related and it looks like any NPCs with spells prepared already does not convert over unfortunately. This is with dragging any casting npc from the compendium into the play area. It shows their spells but doesn't cast properly so you would have to manually add all of their spells again.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, that is what I expected. If you check the data on the OGL sheet you will see the same issue - the fields are not populated. I cannot convert fields that do not exist. This seems to be an issue with the module data not being populated. If the spell is not from the SRD that is likely why. The same is true for monsters who have spells - there is no data on those spells for those monsters. This is a flaw with how Roll20 is setup.
On a semi-related note, it looks like any of the NPC sheets you convert over with the shaped sheet and then switch back to OGL lose all of their actions and traits. I am not familiar with Roll20's data set, but the monsters do have spells in their spell lists and most of them are SRD spells (for instance, the Archmage monster). You can cast them from the spell sheet normally on OGL sheets, but I don't know how that would work. Would this also mean that player character spells would not convert over as well? Sorry for the questions, I am trying to find out as much as I can!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Converting to Shaped is a one way process - the data is cleaned up to reduce lag. If the monster works for OGL then it will worked for Shaped. I have not seen any reports recently about them not working. What it sounds like you're describing is a lack of data on the OGL sheet, but it's unclear what you're saying. Perhaps take a screenshot of the monster using the OGL sheet with the spell expanded and a screenshot of it on the shaped sheet with the spell expanded. Spells convert without issue as far as I've seen. Please provide the details above so we can get to the bottom of the issue.
Sure, thanks for the help on this. I really want to get this to work! These 2 are the OGL sheet. You can see the stat block here: And the spell list and casts in chat are working here: When converted to shaped sheet it shows the spells, but they have no information and casting them just yields a small amount of information with no rolls: Maybe I am just dumb and missing something simple here. Any help is appreciated!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I need to see the spell expanded. On OGL I think you expand the spell by hovering it and clicking the cog wheel. On Shaped you enter edit mode and then can expand the spell via the cog. Please provide screenshots with them expanded.
Ah ok, here you go: Thanks again
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Have you let the conversion complete? On the latest version an old archmage in the OGL format converts: Though perhaps this is some new format - I'm unsure what module you're using. Please open an issue on the tracker with the latest 2 screenshots and details about the module. Then please import the OGL version (untouched by you) to my test campaign so I can experiment with it myself.

Edited 1519079887
Yeah the conversion completes. I am using the curse of strahd module, but it happens on a test game with no modules loaded and on different computers and different browsers just to be sure. The only other thing I can think of is do I need to be a pro member for it to convert spells? I have plus but not pro. Edit: How do I go about importing the OGL sheet to your game? Thanks

Edited 1519080055
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pro membership has no impact on conversion. The Character Vault is used for exporting/importing characters.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault</a>
Ok, export is done and should be in your test game now.
Kryx said: Showing on the roll is already too late for the intended playstyle of using advantage, disadvantage, etc. Even if it did work for that process it'd be a lot of work to implement, which is why it hasn't been implemented. Yeah, I don't need the sheet to roll it for me, just remind me of the condition and I will roll again or take back the roll. It's fine. I know your stance on this and I am happy you are at least making it a little easier to keep track of these things. Looking forward to the next release.
I have the Curse Of Strahd also.&nbsp; I had no issues with the importing from OGL to Shaped except that following import, you need to go through every single token to set them up.&nbsp; I have asked around and have been unable to find a bulk solution that could update the tokens already linked to characters/monsters for such: Bar 1/none (HP) Bar 2/speed Bar 3/AC Right now, I drag the token, update the token, then open the character, link that new token to the character/monster, close ...repeat.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Den G. said: I have the Curse Of Strahd also.&nbsp; I had no issues with the importing from OGL to Shaped except that following import, you need to go through every single token to set them up.&nbsp; I have asked around and have been unable to find a bulk solution that could update the tokens already linked to characters/monsters for such: Bar 1/none (HP) Bar 2/speed Bar 3/AC Right now, I drag the token, update the token, then open the character, link that new token to the character/monster, close ...repeat. TokenMod could at least speed up that process to: 1. Drag out the token 2. Press a macro button
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The OGL/Shaped standard is: bar1_max: hp, bar1_value: hp, bar2_link: 'AC', bar3_link: 'speed', I set those when a creature is dropped from the compendium, but there is no event when a normal creature is dropped on the tabletop and sheet workers doesn't have access to tokens beyond that event. If Roll20 ever adds an event for any character being dropped on the tabletop (great suggestion idea) then I'll support it.
Jakob said: Den G. said: I have the Curse Of Strahd also.&nbsp; I had no issues with the importing from OGL to Shaped except that following import, you need to go through every single token to set them up.&nbsp; I have asked around and have been unable to find a bulk solution that could update the tokens already linked to characters/monsters for such: Bar 1/none (HP) Bar 2/speed Bar 3/AC Right now, I drag the token, update the token, then open the character, link that new token to the character/monster, close ...repeat. TokenMod could at least speed up that process to: 1. Drag out the token 2. Press a macro button That's actually quite brilliant. I'll have to use that for the next round of converting Yawning Portals NPCs. We use Bar 3 for HP, Bar 1 for speed and nothing for Bar 2. The companion script does a fine job of converting the token bars except it does not clear the max hp for bar 1 so I had to manually change it. But I only tweak one token for each creature, save it as default for it's represented sheet and drag out new tokens so it rolls their hp and numbers the token (with the Tokennamenumber script).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Doug E. said: The companion script does a fine job of converting the token bars except it does not clear the max hp for bar 1 so I had to manually change it. Ya, the Script also handles these kind of token bar issues if you set it up.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi Kryx, Thanks for the link to this thread. It has been awhile since I have talked to you and not sure if you remember or not. I published two adventures to the marketplace that use both the OGL and shaped sheets at version 10 (this version was recommended at that time). I was thinking of updating the sheets to a more current version for our upcoming adventures. Do you have any suggestions for this?

Edited 1519206808
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Mark, I do remember our conversation from then. I'd highly recommend updating the module to more recent versions of the sheets. My current policy is only supporting versions from the last 6 months (though marketplace creations like yours potentially make that a poor plan). Next version (16.0.0) will drop the upgrade support until version 15.0.0 of the sheet. For your case that means the following upgrades will no longer exist: '10.1.0', '10.1.1', '10.1.3', '11.0.0', '11.3.2', '12.0.0', '12.0.3', '12.0.4', '12.0.5', '13.0.1', '14.0.0', '14.1.0', '14.1.1', '14.2.5', I glanced through those old upgrades and the vast majority of them are for PCs so it shouldn't impact your module I'd assume. I'd recommend updating the module to 15.7.4. The sheet has been quite stable on the 15.X.X branches, mostly features and minor bug fixes. 16.0.0 fixes some edge case bugs like OGL conversion, but I don't think that should impact your module. I wouldn't recommend using the 16.0.0 release candidates yet - I need to polish it off and then I'd recommend waiting a month or so to put it on a module to ensure any possible bugs are worked out. Once 16.0.0 is out though I'd recommend swapping over as the UI will be greatly improved for PCs. Feel free to reach out to me any time you consider this situation. As mentioned above perhaps my 6 months support policy will change, though keeping that policy keeps the sheet from being bogged down with too many upgrades (thus slowing the sheet down). Let me know if I can provide any further guidance or information.

Edited 1519224444
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
On the sheet in progress, will any current conditions be listed inline with the character chat macro? If so, will they be clickable as if you had clicked the condition button? If you don't come up with something to put to the right of the conditions box, maybe it could go to 3 or 4 subcolumns? I know 14 doesn't divide well, but it might be worth the space savings . Edit: I missed that that had already been suggested.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
"character chat macro"? I'm not sure what you mean.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The sheet macro that outputs a condensed sheet to the chat:&nbsp;%{selected|shaped_statblock} in the case of a selected token.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
%{selected|shaped_statblock} is generally intended for NPCs. It works for PCs, but it's not set up fully for them. Conditions won't be included on it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, it's a workhorse macro in our games, PC and NPC alike. Thanks, though.

Edited 1519230232
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It has its uses, but conditions don't belong there - they'll have their own macro.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I saw the output in your screen shot. Looking forward to this and your other changes.

Edited 1519249705
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
16.0.0 Breaking Changes Importing data from the compendium, script, or OGL content has been completely revamped to use the same system for as much as possible. Features #656: Missing comma in Modifiers -&gt; Saving throw Conditions have been added. Bug Fixes #654: Magic Missile New characters sheets will be created with edit mode enabled #655: OGL skills do not convert OGL conversion, Compendium drop, and Script import of monsters, spells, and items should be fully working (update the script to 12.0.0) A processing notification now shows while these items are processing, regardless of origin #38: Spell Save DC Not calculating properly in !shaped-spells Weapons dropped on a NPC sheet are added as actions UI Adjustments Styled boxes have been added Tabs renamed to "Character"/"NPC", "Spells", and the cog. "Character" tab for PCs will now show the appearance and backstory details below the normal sheet "All" option removed as it is now only useful for showing settings below other sheets which doesn't have much value Repeating buttons restyled a bit PC Core page column widths adjusted a bit Font sizes adjusted to match the new UI Passive skills moved to the core page and restyled Preview image: Please open issues on the issue tracker if you encounter any bugs. I've ran my normal code tests (of which there are significantly more now) as well as some manual testing with items, spells, etc so things so should stable, but a lot was changed. If you feel this software is valuable to you feel free to contribute: Contribute Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). Thanks so much for your support.