Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The functionality is still available if you log it via chat: "@{NAME|total_gp}", but it is not shown on the sheet to align with the paper sheet and to not assume a default currency as the main currency. Toward the second regard there have been several posts about the  silver standard lately. The coins should probably output a general macro that shows how much of each coin you have and then add some setting for the default currency. If you want to see that happen feel free to add a suggestion to the issue tracker.
Kryx, did the passive skills feature get removed from the sheet?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nope - it's in the skills section for both PCs and NPCs.
Kryx said: The functionality is still available if you log it via chat: "@{NAME|total_gp}", but it is not shown on the sheet to align with the paper sheet and to not assume a default currency as the main currency. Toward the second regard there have been several posts about the  silver standard lately. The coins should probably output a general macro that shows how much of each coin you have and then add some setting for the default currency. If you want to see that happen feel free to add a suggestion to the issue tracker. This sounds like a good feature, since I intend to use the silver standard in my game. Created an issue on the tracker.

Edited 1521741994
Hey I have a player who's using a custom archetype that uses Ki points to cast spells and I've been using Spell Points, or Mana as it's now called, as a representation on the sheet. He's soon going to get access to 2nd level spells, but the archetype doesn't follow the Spell Point cost progression. What attribute would I need to edit to manually change these values as they appear on his sheet? Edit: Highlighted what I'm looking to edit.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spell points can either be Mana or spell points. Mana is just a display name with a toggle. Spell points and Mana currently only use the DMG system. I may change that in the near future, but possibly not as it'd be difficult.
So is there no workaround that I could put in place? I don't mind if it changes it for every sheet as the other casters all use spell slots.

Edited 1521742413
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not really unless you search the code and replace those values. The code is pretty unreadable though. You can try searching for 13 as that is a rare number. Keep in mind this won't work with the script automatically removing points.
I thought I'd found the item you need to edit in the html, but changing this seems to do nothing. Just edit replace this with (X  where X is the cost in spell points. {{#spells_level_2_show}}<div><span><span data-i18n="2ND_LEVEL"></span>{{^has_spell_slots}}{{^has_spell_points}}:{{/has_spell_points}}{{/has_spell_slots}}{{#has_spell_slots}}{{^spells_level_2_slots_remaining}}:{{/spells_level_2_slots_remaining}}{{/has_spell_slots}} {{#has_spell_slots}} {{#spells_level_2_slots_remaining}} ({{spells_level_2_slots_remaining}}){{^has_spell_points}}:{{/has_spell_points}} {{/spells_level_2_slots_remaining}} {{/has_spell_slots}} {{#has_spell_points}} (3&nbsp ; {{^mana}}<span data-i18n="POINTS" class="lowercase"></span>{{/mana}}{{#mana}}<span data-i18n="MANA" class="lowercase"></span>{{/mana}}): {{/has_spell_points}}</span><span class="spells-wrapper">{{spells_level_2}}</span></div>{{/spells_level_2_show}}
I wonder if someone can point me how to fix this. Every time I join my game, I get this, Shaped Scripts Error 5e Shaped Companion configuration is invalid. This is most likely because you have tried to downgrade from a later version. You can either reinstall a later version or Reset Configuration to defaults. I click the Reset Config every time.  Got to be a couple months, same error message when I rejoin at a later day.  
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please use the script thread for script issues. You can find it in the API forum.

Edited 1521849344
Hello Kryx, I've run into a problem when creating my rangers companion, Its the add Prof to skills, How do i know which skill in the modifier section connect to the skill i need? They are named Skill_§0- Skill_§23 adding any number on any of those doesn't change the animals +number on skills. >_< How can i find out which Skill_§number is connected to Perception and Stealth? Nevermind, I think the sheet just bugged out, i created a new one and its working fine here! =D
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
17.0.5 Bug Fixes #693: Tooltips for carry capacity and push/drag cut off at default sheet size #691: Feature uses tied to modifiers aren't being read #692: Repeat attack / damage needs some point of reference
Popped into the test server and the new sheet is looking amazing Kryx. We just wrapped up a 3-year, 65 session Ptolus 5e campaign using Shaped. It's been invaluable. Thanks for all the work you put in!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Matthew H. said: Hey Kryx, Any chance you'd ever consider adding an option for skills to work with ranks instead of with a character's proficiency bonus as a homebrew setting? I like alot of the streamlining that 5e brings to the table, but I'd love to have an option to make a character's skillset a bit more varied than the official system allows, while still using your sheet.  Skill ranks as a homebrew option can be achieved by using the "Modifiers" section of the sheet. No additional features are needed.
Kryx said: Matthew H. said: Hey Kryx, Any chance you'd ever consider adding an option for skills to work with ranks instead of with a character's proficiency bonus as a homebrew setting? I like alot of the streamlining that 5e brings to the table, but I'd love to have an option to make a character's skillset a bit more varied than the official system allows, while still using your sheet.  Skill ranks as a homebrew option can be achieved by using the "Modifiers" section of the sheet. No additional features are needed. Thanks for the quick response, sorry for asking in the wrong thread.
Just as a followup question, but what do you mean by the "modifiers" section? Are you referring to the Attributes & Abilities tab? 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
On the right column of the sheet while in edit mode you'll see the modifiers section.
Kryx said: On the right column of the sheet while in edit mode you'll see the modifiers section. Aha, thanks alot. I must be blind. Great sheet.
Hey guys, Is there a way to add the +5 bonus to Initiative for the Alert Feat. I've tried changing the attributes info, but it keeps resetting to the default Initiative info.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The modifiers section is the method to add modifiers to any section of the sheet, including initiative.
Kryx said: The modifiers section is the method to add modifiers to any section of the sheet, including initiative. I didn't see one on there for Initiative. Could you explain how I would do that for the Alert Feat?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6242120/how-to-add-alert-to-shaped-5e-v17-dot-0-5-character-sheet" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6242120/how-to-add-alert-to-shaped-5e-v17-dot-0-5-character-sheet</a>
Kryx said: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6242120/how-to-add-alert-to-shaped-5e-v17-dot-0-5-character-shee" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6242120/how-to-add-alert-to-shaped-5e-v17-dot-0-5-character-shee</a> Got it, thanks Kryx.
Kryx, my players just hit 20th level and I'm wondering which experience calculation you're using for determining XP required to earn level 21 and beyond? For example, it says XP needed for level 21 is 385,000. Thanks.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you using some homebrew rules? 5e levels cap at 20.
Kryx's sheet has player levels to 30, so that's the origin of my question. keithcurtis said: Are you using some homebrew rules? 5e levels cap at 20. Yes, we're using the Epic Characters supplement from the DM's Guild (which has different math past 20th than Kryx's sheet). <a href="http://www.dmsguild.com/product/173822/Epic-Characters?filters=45469" rel="nofollow">http://www.dmsguild.com/product/173822/Epic-Characters?filters=45469</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I can't remember where those values come from. It's likely either that I used that product and they changed their values or I used a similar product. Now you can ignore that field like those of us who use milestone xp! :D
I like the DM Guild approach precisely because it retains proficiency at +6 and attributes don't go beyond 24. The "flat math" of 5e, I think, works better when bonuses don't get completely out of hand. That said, competing epic character rules, such as Epic Legacy ( <a href="https://www.2cgaming.com/epic-legacy.html" rel="nofollow">https://www.2cgaming.com/epic-legacy.html</a>), go to prof bonus +8 and attributes up to 30.&nbsp; Homebrews might be different again, some follow the monster progression for prof bonus up to +9. There doesn't seem to be a consensus. Further discussion of epic play should probably be elsewhere in the forum. For shaped, assuming a specific prof bonus and xp progression would favor some approaches over others. I'm a little wary of that when there doesn't seem to be a "go to" source for epic play, yet. Maybe that'll change when/if some of the major streamers pick a direction.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Proficiency bonus is not specific to PCs or NPCs in 5e. 5e already has proficiency bonus mapped out to 30 on page 274 of the DMG. 3rd party options can make their own rules, but that is the default and will be what Shaped uses by default. Stopping at +6 isn't "flat math", it's just stopped progression.
Might be dumb to ask but since a few updates ago our spell casters have been plagued by slots police warnings and something that's also been puzzling me, if I have my slots set to warlock and I use a spell which scales with spell slot level, it doesn't automatically cast it at its highest level (I think older versions had this?) I also think warlock slots aren't being detected properly, since when I cast a spell using a 5th level slot I get the "slot police" message" this is how my spell list looks and here is a gif of what I mean <a href="https://my.mixtape.moe/pbwjbi.gif" rel="nofollow">https://my.mixtape.moe/pbwjbi.gif</a> I wanna know if I didn't set up my options/filters properly or if this is a bug.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please always open an issue on the appropriate issue tracker (script for slot tracking) after ensuring you have the latest version of both the sheet and script.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
17.0.6 Bug Fixes #697: NPC right column overlaps left column in edit mode #704: Princes of the Apocalypse Module fails to convert creature attacks actions

Edited 1523567931
Sammun said: Might be dumb to ask but since a few updates ago our spell casters have been plagued by slots police warnings and something that's also been puzzling me, if I have my slots set to warlock and I use a spell which scales with spell slot level, it doesn't automatically cast it at its highest level (I think older versions had this?) I also think warlock slots aren't being detected properly, since when I cast a spell using a 5th level slot I get the "slot police" message" this is how my spell list looks and here is a gif of what I mean <a href="https://my.mixtape.moe/pbwjbi.gif" rel="nofollow">https://my.mixtape.moe/pbwjbi.gif</a> I wanna know if I didn't set up my options/filters properly or if this is a bug. Upgrading to sheet version 17.0.6 solved the warlock spell slot problem for me.
I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but is there a way to NOT show the breakdown of a sheet roll when a player hovers their mouse over it? I want to be able to click on a monster's attack action from its sheet, display the final result into the chat, but not let the players see the breakdown when they mouseover it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Without creating your own macros, no. It's not technically possible via Roll20.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Without creating your own macros, no. It's not technically possible via Roll20. Just out of interest, I just added pointer-events: none to the CSS for the span.inlinerollresult via the inspector, and it didn't show the breakdown on hover anymore. So I guess it is possible to have inlinerolls without hover info in a roll template. Of course, then no one can see the result, not even the GM. And the players could &nbsp;theoretically see it if they are tech savvy enough.

Edited 1523600437
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, you could install style plugins to disable it or change the sheet to hide it and then enable it for the gm (like I did with some of the earlier hidden damages), but it's not very easy or foolproof.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Ya, you could install style plugins to disable it or change the sheet to hide it and then enable it for the gm (like I did with some of the earlier hidden damages), but it's not very easy or foolproof. Yeah that's what I meant, one make it an option as with the hide settings on the roll template, which would need at least a certain amount of criminal energy to circumvent. I don't need it, but perhaps it's good enough for Christopher.
@ Christopher B. Here is a short description if you don't mind to change the roll template: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5497724/hide-rol" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5497724/hide-rol</a>...
Probably a stupid question but the version of the shaped sheet that is in my campaign is version "16th of January 2016" (it doesn't say a particular version). What would be the best course of action to update to the new sheet version?

Edited 1523647127
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's a really old version. Likely shaped legacy? You'll have to remake every sheet from scratch. There are upgrades, but they are pruned off after a while to maintain performance. 2+ years is far beyond that limit. Choose "Shaped" as your sheet of choice for a new campaign and transfer things over by hand.
Thats what i was afraid of.&nbsp; Thank you.&nbsp;
i'm trying to find ammo in the token bubble list.&nbsp; hoping it could be used as a makeshift non-api ammo tracker.&nbsp; is that possible with shaped?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ammo is a repeating section. Repeating sections are not accessible from the bubbles. It is not possible with any Roll20 sheet that uses repeating sections.
Guess i'll just have to cave man it.&nbsp; lol Thank you for the quick replies.&nbsp; even 2 years ago i remember you being on your game.

Edited 1523732830
Hello Kryx, I'm trying to make some token macros to pull from the sheet without having to actually open them for speed and ease of use, but running into trouble. I've been copying the 'Actions' or 'Saving Throws', etc macros into Token Actions and switching the name to use the selected token. For the PC statblock macro, there are random strings that seem to uniquely identify the character instead of just the name (example below). How can a generic selected token version be made of the statblock macro? Is there a way to directly reference the 'Statblock' macro button on the character sheet from a linked token? /w @{Granny Sporebottom|character_name} @{Granny Sporebottom|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=@{Granny Sporebottom|character_name}}} {{statblock_first_line=1}} {{size=^{@{Granny Sporebottom|size}}}} {{type=@{Granny Sporebottom|type}}} {{race=@{Granny Sporebottom|race}}} {{alignment=@{Granny Sporebottom|alignment}}} {{Armor Class=@{Granny Sporebottom|ac} (@{Granny Sporebottom|ac_note})}} {{Initiative=[@{Granny Sporebottom|initiative}]( ~-L367QEQ69juTbKUqn4r |shaped_initiative)}} {{Hit Points=@{Granny Sporebottom|HP} (@{Granny Sporebottom|hp_formula})}} {{Speed=@{Granny Sporebottom|speed_string}}} {{Abilities=[Str @{Granny Sporebottom|strength_calculated} (@{Granny Sporebottom|strength_check_mod_with_sign})]( ~-L367QEQ69juTbKUqn4r |shaped_strength_check), [Dex @{Granny Sporebottom|dexterity_calculated} (@{Granny Sporebottom|dexterity_check_mod_with_sign})]( ~-L367QEQ69juTbKUqn4r |shaped_dexterity_check), [Con @{Granny Sporebottom|constitution_calculated} (@{Granny Sporebottom|constitution_check_mod_with_sign})]( ~-L367QEQ69juTbKUqn4r |shaped_constitution_check), [Int @{Granny Sporebottom|intelligence_calculated} (@{Granny Sporebottom|intelligence_check_mod_with_sign})]( ~-L367QEQ69juTbKUqn4r |shaped_intelligence_check), [Wis @{Granny Sporebottom|wisdom_calculated} (@{Granny Sporebottom|wisdom_check_mod_with_sign})]( ~-L367QEQ69juTbKUqn4r |shaped_wisdom_check), [Cha @{Granny Sporebottom|charisma_calculated} (@{Granny Sporebottom|charisma_check_mod_with_sign})]( ~-L367QEQ69juTbKUqn4r |shaped_charisma_check)}} {{Saving Throws=@{Granny Sporebottom|saving_throw_macro_var}}} {{Skills=@{Granny Sporebottom|skills_macro_var}}} @{Granny Sporebottom|damage_resistances_var} {{Senses=@{Granny Sporebottom|senses_string}}} @{Granny Sporebottom|languages_chat_var} {{Challenge=@{Granny Sporebottom|challenge} (@{Granny Sporebottom|xp_readable} XP)}} @{Granny Sporebottom|racialtraits_chat_var} @{Granny Sporebottom|classfeatures_chat_var} @{Granny Sporebottom|feats_chat_var} @{Granny Sporebottom|traits_chat_var} @{Granny Sporebottom|offense_chat_var} @{Granny Sporebottom|utility_chat_var} @{Granny Sporebottom|actions_chat_var} @{Granny Sporebottom|reactions_chat_var} @{Granny Sporebottom|legendaryactions_chat_var} @{Granny Sporebottom|lairactions_chat_var} @{Granny Sporebottom|regionaleffects_chat_var}

Edited 1523732958
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You should instead use the built in sheet functions: "%{shaped_offense}", "%{shaped_saving_throw}", etc