Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Thank you! I apologize for not finding and reading the documentation first. One quick comment / question: the documentation lists the %{shaped_statblock} macro as being NPC only, but it seems perfectly functional on PC sheets as well. Is that a documentation oversight or are there cases where that macro will fail for PC sheets?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I use it all the time for PC sheets, since many of my NPCs are characters built as PCs. I use to use a macro which incorporates several calls, since statblock doesn't incorporate spells or attacks. This macro called the statblock, the spell list, and both "Offense" (for PCs) and "Actions" (for NPCs). It often returned blank boxes for characters without spells, or a blank Offense for NPCs/Blank Actions for PCs, but I just ignored those. I set my GM controlled sheets to whisper, so as not to spam the chat. Nowadays, I just use Statblock, Spells and Offense. I put NPC actions on token macros. It turned out to be less clicking. Token macros can be created automatically with the API script, but not at plus level. %{selected|shaped_statblock} %{selected|shaped_offense} %{selected|shaped_spells}
As this forum is very long and there isn't a search this forum option (unless i'm a total cotton headed ninnymuggins and just don't see it) What are the limitations of the "Roll 2 - legacy" option and are there plans to un-legacy it?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The roll 2 discussion starts on page 48. It is also covered <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/474" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/474</a>... And I posted about it somewhere else as well, but can't find it offhand. Roll2 is incompatible with automation in many regards. It can't be solved to work with those things. It won't be removed though, hence the legacy indicator.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The forum search function is... quirky, to put it kindly. I have better luck with Google.
Kryx said: The roll 2 discussion starts on page 48. It is also covered <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/474" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/474</a>... And I posted about it somewhere else as well, but can't find it offhand. Roll2 is incompatible with automation in many regards. It can't be solved to work with those things. It won't be removed though, hence the legacy indicator. So basically just API has issue with it for the most part then? Also i find the sheet runs a little slow and i've got pretty blazing internet here.&nbsp; Most everything can be handled by macros which your sheet has much better support for IMHO so its not an issue running but building out a character can be a little tedious.&nbsp; Are there fixes in the work for this or is it just a function of the system and not much can be done, i.e. its the cost of the functionality?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll2 does not interact with the API. Sheet functionality is affected. The message is warning that people shouldn't expect all current or future feature to work with Roll2 due to its limitations. Using it is up to you. Sheet performance hasn't been an issue that has been raised for quite some time since it was improved quite a bit a while ago. Try using Chrome and disabling LastPass if you have it running. I have no major lag points besides converting from OGL which is a lot of processing.
The question of speed is slightly related to the Roll 2 question as its almost 3 to 4 seconds between clicking on either adv. or dis. or normal that it highlights.&nbsp; Do you think the system (roll 20 as a base) would accept key combos to roll adv. or dis. like shift+click rolls adv. ctrl+click rolls dis. etc...
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
3-4 seconds for "Normal" or "Adv"/"Dis"? That's not the behavior I experience. In my experience it's instant - it's programmed to not have to run javascript to calculate anything. Try using Chrome and disabling LastPass if you have it installed. Roll20 does not accept key combinations.

Edited 1523907153
OH WOW!&nbsp; Dissabling last pass did it.&nbsp; THank you SOOOOO much. it was killing me.&nbsp;&nbsp; yes i am running chrome.&nbsp; I was like "how did he know i'm using last pass?"&nbsp; "Get out of my head!!"&nbsp; lol&nbsp; &nbsp;must be a pretty common issue then.&nbsp; but i get it, its constantly searching for fields to input the data to so i can see how it slow roll 20 down a lot.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
17.1.0 Features Added a myriad of attachers. Closes #708: Add attacher functionality to NPC Actions Bug Fixes #707: D&D 5e (5eShaped) Brutal Critical error
LastPass?
Jerry F. said: LastPass? password managment extension for browsers
Does the spell higher level query output something that can be grabbed later like ?{Spell Slot Level|1} to input into a small formula to say how many magic missles are output in the magic missiles spell?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You'd have to use "?{Spell Slot Level|1}" at that point as well. You can use "?{Spell Slot Level|1, 3|2, 4}", etc. Though keep in mind Magic Missile does 1d4+1 damage on all missiles - the damage is not rolled individually for each missile (google Crawford's tweet).
I added this in the "higher level" text after the compendium imported magic missile: "As a Level [[?{Spell Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}]] spell, this casts [[2+?{Spell Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}]] Missiles." and i get the drop down and it puts out like i wanted but is there a way to tie it into the query already in the spell for higher level so the player gets only the level options he is allowed
it works great but you might end up with a higher level than allowed but its not a huge deal but still...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: 17.1.0 Features Added a myriad of attachers. Closes #708: Add attacher functionality to NPC Actions Sweet!
Hey guys, I'm still trying to wrap my head around setting up attachers. Could someone maybe make a video about it? Sometimes I learn better by "seeing" how it's done.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I believe&nbsp; there is one , although the screen resolution is too poor to make out the code being used.
keithcurtis said: I believe&nbsp; there is one , although the screen resolution is too poor to make out the code being used. That was actually very useful. Thanks for the link. I think I finally have a better understanding of Attachers.

Edited 1524059776
So something that I am noticing with the sheet lately, running latest version of both the sheet and script (17.1.0 and 13.03 respectively). When I do !shaped-apply-defaults I get at least 15 errors in the API stating "Translation Error: the key [undefined] is not in the translation object.". This applies to all NPCs, or PCs, I also noticed that when importing ToB monsters they don't import correctly, for example spells don't fill out, actions don't import correctly or at all, and usually the last spell in the spell list states the spell name and the word actions immediately after, example "Cone of Cold Actions".&nbsp; I have attempted this with the Bandit Lord, Arcane Guardian, Spectral Guardian, and a few other NPCs and they all experience the same issue. Also when doing the apply defaults the NPC sheets mess up and the saving throws, and ability check portions somehow go underneath the actions, reactions, spells, etc, portion of the sheet and no amount of stretching the sheet out or closing and reopening fixes the issue. Any ideas on what could be happening or I could do to fix the issue? Edit: Another thing I have noticed is that when dropping weapons or equipment onto sheets the dialog stating that it is loading content comes up but never disappears even though it appears to full import the weapon or equipment.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Ziaphas, Please use the script thread ( [5e Shaped Script] Version 11+ ) to discuss the script. If you're encountering any issues please always always always post the issue to the issue tracker appropriate (linked in the first post of both the script and sheet). Please ensure you have the latest html, css, translations , and the latest script before raising an issue.
I will go ahead and put something into the issue tracker and comment on the script thread.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
17.1.1 Bug Fixes Added parsing to fix poor formatting of some Tome of Beasts creatures. Closes #709: Tome of Beasts Monster imports not importing correctly
keithcurtis said: I believe&nbsp; there is one , although the screen resolution is too poor to make out the code being used. Ok, I know there's a wiki out there for the Attachers, but I can't seem to find. Can someone help.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The documentation is in a link at the bottom of every character sheet. The wiki has a page that demonstrates several approaches to creating attachers, and detailed examples of many of the most common (Sneak Attacks, Paladin Smites, etc.)
Just discovered you can add special effects to spells (which is just super amazing). I see I can do the default special effects. But when I try to do a special effect I created ("Arrow" for example), it just does an explosion effect on the source. Is there a way to use a custom special effect? If not, can I do it manually in the character sheet somewhere?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think spell effects are an API feature of some kind, but I forget. Try setting them up via&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Custom_FX" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Custom_FX</a>
Took a look and it seems that it should work using the option in the character sheet.&nbsp; I just look at the Text Chat documentation and see the potential issue.&nbsp; To use a default special FX, the command is: /fx &lt;Type&gt;-&lt;Color&gt; &lt;Source ID&gt; [&lt;Target ID&gt;] To use a custom FX, the command is: /fx &lt;Custom Effect Name&gt; &lt;Source ID&gt; [&lt;Target ID&gt;] It looks like the "-" is the different between the two. Is the character sheet only set up to use the default names? Specifically "special effects" option under a spell?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheet can handle custom spell effects - I've seen them used. I haven't looked at them in a year or two though so I do not remember the specifics. It sounds like it may work if you add a hyphen?
That's an idea. I'll check it out. Thanks
Capital letters matter too for your Fx!

Edited 1524191550
DM
Pro
Still nothing.&nbsp; For ease sake, I named the custom FX "a". The custom effect is a small fireball that shoots out toward the target. The custom FX works if I select in manually.&nbsp; I go to the character sheet and edit a spell. I place a check mark next to special effects If I set the type to beam and the color to acid in the character sheet under spells, it works and I see a acid colored beam effect.&nbsp; If I set the type to a and the color to acid, I get the beginning of the explosion FX and its in fire on top of the character who cast the spell. The same happens if I use "a-" and a -".&nbsp; I'm not sure what's causing the issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hey guys. I am having trouble with the new sheet. I'm trying to figure out the best way to implement battlemaster maneuvers. Is there anything you guys can recommend?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jeff M. said: Hey guys. I am having trouble with the new sheet. I'm trying to figure out the best way to implement battlemaster maneuvers. Is there anything you guys can recommend? <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Creating%20and%20Linking%20Character%20Abilities#markdown-header-fighter-battlemaster" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Creating%20and%20Linking%20Character%20Abilities#markdown-header-fighter-battlemaster</a>
Good evening all! I'm toying around the idea of changing my game to use 2D10 in place of D20 for skill rolls, attack rolls, saves, etc.&nbsp; Before I go too far down this rabbit hole, is this possible with the Shaped Sheet. and if so, how? Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
On the settings tab of each sheet you'll find 2d10. You can also set it as the default via the script.

Edited 1524307558
Fox
Pro
Thanks!&nbsp; Is there a way to set the default crit threat range (say, to 19-20) for an attack so it rolls the damage dice twice?
Has anyone else in this thread used a custom FX in the Special Effects option under spells? Nothing I do seems to make it work. I am a Pro subscriber and have named the spell "A" to avoid mispellings and capitalization roblems.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fox S. said: Thanks!&nbsp; Is there a way to set the default crit threat range (say, to 19-20) for an attack so it rolls the damage dice twice? Each offense item has "crit range" that defaults to 20. You can modify that to 19.
DM said: Has anyone else in this thread used a custom FX in the Special Effects option under spells? Nothing I do seems to make it work. I am a Pro subscriber and have named the spell "A" to avoid mispellings and capitalization roblems.&nbsp; One of my players, "Kyra" uses them.&nbsp; Here is her macro for shield: @{Kyra|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{Kyra|character_name}}} @{Kyra|show_character_name} {{title=Shield}} {{spell=1}} {{spell_first_line=1}} @{Kyra|attacher_spell} @{Kyra|attacher_spell_level_1} {{spell_level=^{1ST_LEVEL}}} {{school=^{ABJURATION}}} {{casting_time=^{1_REACTION}}} {{range=Self}} {{components=^{COMPONENTS_V_S_M}}} {{materials=}} {{duration=^{1_ROUND}}} @{Kyra|hide_gm_info} {{@{Kyra|shaped_d20}=1}} {{content=An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.}} {{cast_as_level=@{Kyra|cast_as_level_1}}} {{fx=burn-magic source}} &nbsp;

Edited 1524420842
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
"burn-magic" is a standard effect. As I understand it, DM is asking about&nbsp; custom effects , i.e. ones that you create and name.
Keith is right. Using the shaped character sheet, I can edit a magic spell, enable "special effects", and insert any default type and color I want. The default FX works as intended.&nbsp; However, if I set the type to be a Custom FX (such as a Custom FX I named "A" (without the quotes of course)), then the effect is ALWAYS the beginning of the explosion effect and is ALWAYS in Fire (which are the defaults when Special Effects are enabled).&nbsp; I would love to use custom FX in the Special Effect section of spells. If I can't do that in the character sheet, can I add "/fx" inside the spell itself? For example, when I a character uses Fire Bolt, the following is used: %{-KxpNnsOD0jSDADhaIvK|repeating_spell0_-l8ocowklsnjzr7spro4_spell} Can I enter the /fx tag somewhere in this to manually trigger the custom FX?

Edited 1524531360
Couple questions.&nbsp; I have an extra hit die showing up on one of my players sheet and don't know how to get rid of it: Also, does anyone know how to properly transfer a character from one game to another when using two different games. In other words, Transfer character from game A that is OGL to game B that is shaped? I tried the beta transfer tool that Roll20 has but it doesn't look like everything dropped.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you have an extra hit dice check the NPC page - it is likely that it was added there. Otherwise you can manually remove it on abilities. Monsters will automatically convert from OGL. For players I'd suggest starting a brand new sheet as so much is different.
Chapunicus said: Couple questions.&nbsp; I have an extra hit die showing up on one of my players sheet and don't know how to get rid of it: Also, does anyone know how to properly transfer a character from one game to another when using two different games. In other words, Transfer character from game A that is OGL to game B that is shaped? I tried the beta transfer tool that Roll20 has but it doesn't look like everything dropped. I had this issue, no multi-class levels yet it showed up in Hit Dice. It was on an old version of the sheet if I recall. I fixed it by going into the attributes section and deleting all entries referencing that particular HD. Which version of sheet are you using? I've never had issue with the sheet converting from OGL.
Ninja'd!

Edited 1524787229
Does anyone know why TokenNameNumber script is not working with the sheet? No matter what I do with the tokens, they are all linked.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I used to use it a long time ago, it should work without a link. Perhaps the linking is set up in the Shaped Script?