Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.6

I'm just posting to just wonder and inquire.... when is Build 1.7 coming out Steve? haha <3 thank you for all your hard work you do!  
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
xTimmyx said: I'm just posting to just wonder and inquire.... when is Build 1.7 coming out Steve? haha <3 thank you for all your hard work you do!   I posted a teaser in the last community corner of work I'm doing right now.
Hi there and thanks so much for the awesome character sheet!  It's a great tool to use in all of my games.   I was personally wondering if there was a way to modify the sheet so that whenever I use an attack it can deplete from two different resource pools at once!  For instance, if I'm using a reloading weapon then when clicking the attack it would deplete 1 bolt from the total inventory as well as 1 bolt from the clip i'm currently using.
Hey Conner, that requires manipulation of the companion script. I have modified this for another user in the past and will send you a DM with the code.

Edited 1495732813
Okay so I've been able to achieve pretty much everything I wanted thanks to this thread and the amazing work of everyone involved, but I'm still stumped by a final obstacle... I can't seem to make the spelltracking API script work with custom-made spells. Specifically, I added the Paladin Wrathful Smite spell to my character spell sheet, everything is filled up correctly and the spell outputs the spellcard like I want, however the spelltracking info returns: "SPELL SLOT LEVEL ALL SLOTS EXPENDED" as if the spell level was not set and looking at the command sent too the chat it is indeed lacking, the spell is in the 1st-level part of the sheet though.  Is there a spot in the spell description that I can't see to indicate this? The only workaround I have would be to create an ability to output the spellcard myself and specify the school+level in the template, but I don't want my players to end up with too many macro/abilities on screen... EDIT: Okay I have a better workaround, but I had to modify the API script, namely handleslotspell to check the last level attribute and not necessarily the second, like so     var array = msg.content.split("{{level=");     var spellslot = ((array[array.length - 1]||'').split("}}")[0]||'').split(" ")[1]; Then, adding }} {{level=evocation 1 in the freeform text "Higher Levels" of the spell definition in the sheet. Hackish but enough for now at least.
Yea, the reason is that manual spells do not have a spelllevel attribute that can be edited/added. Every spell added from the compendium (via drag-and-drop) also adds this spelllevel attribute. Fortunately this is something the Steve K. has said will be addressed in v1.7 of the character sheet. Another workaround that you could do is drag a compendium spell of the same level as what you want and then modify it as necessary for the new spell. This way there would be no need to modify the script and it SHOULD be able to account for spells of higher level as necessary.

Edited 1495742121
Something I came across on  reddit .  Spells that can are attack rolls as well as able to be cast at higher levels do not recognize when a spell crits. For example Inflict Wounds at 2nd level is 4d10, 8d10 on a crit; however the roll template only shows 7d10 being rolled. 3d10 for 1st level + 1d10 for 2nd level + 3d10 for crit.

Edited 1495826615
JJhound
Pro
Marketplace Creator
UPDATE: Nevermind. Kept looking and found that if I reset my browser zoom in Chrome it fixed the problem. Thank you! I have been looking, but can't find any help on this topic. I started using the OGL sheets for my campaign, but now the templates are all squished together and overlapping and I have no idea how to fix it.  Has anyone encountered this problem or know how to fix it? No anti-virius, addblock on, but didn't work even when turned off. 
Hello, I've been racking my head trying to figure out how to consume multiple of an single type of ammo in the same attack button using the OGL Sheet Tracking. I'm doing a Sci-fi themed Campaign so one of the big things is Power or Energy, I want to designate an Energy cost to each use of a weapon. 1 power for a pistol 3 power for a grenade launcher 6 power for shields etc So I was wondering if it's possible to have the ammo tracking on the sheet be able to deduct multiple points within the sheet itself. (X) Power|{INSERT_ID_CODE} and have it take X So if I insert like (2) Power and have it take 2 Power from the sheet's resources. (8) Power takes 8 etc Thanks for you time in advance.
Been scanning around this post and was wondering how you handle things Expertise (doubling of proficiency bonus) ? Can't really seem to find a way of doing it other than manually changing the number to twice it's original number in the Attributes & Abilities tab.
TriNeaX said: Been scanning around this post and was wondering how you handle things Expertise (doubling of proficiency bonus) ? Can't really seem to find a way of doing it other than manually changing the number to twice it's original number in the Attributes & Abilities tab. You can set the skill to Expertise on the Setting page. See picture for details
Oh jesus christ how did I miss that cogwheel next to the spells! Thank you for helping me through my silly blunder Kyle, really loving this character sheet (:
Anywhere on the Character Sheet where I can add Proficiency Bonus to an Ability Check as needed? As for as I can see, you can click on a regular ability check on the character sheet, and add PB in your head. I want to be able to mix-and-match Abilities and Skills (e.g. Intelligence (Slight of Hand) check)
That would require custom macros such as [[[[@{selected|intelligence_mod}]][INT]+[[@{selected|sleight_of_hand_prof}]][Sleight of Hand]]]

Edited 1496186795
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
David said: Anywhere on the Character Sheet where I can add Proficiency Bonus to an Ability Check as needed? As for as I can see, you can click on a regular ability check on the character sheet, and add PB in your head. I want to be able to mix-and-match Abilities and Skills (e.g. Intelligence (Slight of Hand) check) You can create any kind of custom skill/proficiency in the tool sections. Where you can include an ability, proficiency/expertise/jack-of-all as needed.
its also probably been mentioned, and i'm sorry if it has.  but when you make an NPC Sheet and then have everything set up for HP and AC, and then go to set your settings to HP and AC for your TOKEN, it doesnt at all match the AC and doesnt even sometimes activate the HP properly... have to go in and manually enter it/correct it.  
xTimmyx said: its also probably been mentioned, and i'm sorry if it has.  but when you make an NPC Sheet and then have everything set up for HP and AC, and then go to set your settings to HP and AC for your TOKEN, it doesnt at all match the AC and doesnt even sometimes activate the HP properly... have to go in and manually enter it/correct it.   Are you sure that you are using the correct attributes for NPCs (npcd_hp and npcd_ac)? The normal attributes for HP and AC are the PC attributes.

Edited 1496360122
Garreth M.
Pro
Translator
I apologise if this has been asked before, or is already scheduled for a next release, or I have totally overlooked something, but is there a way to make cantrips cast off an NPC sheet be cast as if the NPC is a higher level caster? For example, if my NPC is a 5th level caster, I'd like him to deal 2d10 damage when casting fire bolt. I know I could just manually adjust every cantrip I add to every higher level spellcaster NPC, but I hope there is an easier way.
I have a player that just leveled from Paladin 8 / Warlock 3 to Paladin 9 / Warlock 3 and the the sheet does not show the two 3rd level paladin spell slots. It shows 0. If I remove Warlock 3 as a second class the slots show correctly. I add the Warlock 3 back and the 3rd level slots go to 0.

Edited 1496372082
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Naz said: I have a player that just leveled from Paladin 8 / Warlock 3 to Paladin 9 / Warlock 3 and the the sheet does not show the two 3rd level paladin spell slots. It shows 0. If I remove Warlock 3 as a second class the slots show correctly. I add the Warlock 3 back and the 3rd level slots go to 0. Thanks for the report, this is a known issue with multiclassing and spell slots .
Garreth M. said: I apologise if this has been asked before, or is already scheduled for a next release, or I have totally overlooked something, but is there a way to make cantrips cast off an NPC sheet be cast as if the NPC is a higher level caster? For example, if my NPC is a 5th level caster, I'd like him to deal 2d10 damage when casting fire bolt. I know I could just manually adjust every cantrip I add to every higher level spellcaster NPC, but I hope there is an easier way. If the damage uses the 'level' attribute, I would just add that level of the caster to that attribute. Otherwise, you will need to manually adjust the damage to the correct number of dice.
Hello all.  I'm having a problem with the character sheet.  On two different PCs now it doesn't seem to be calculating AC properly.  I've got a PC who is a 4th level Paladin, with equipped Chain Mail and Shield, and it says his AC is 20.  He has no Dex modifier.  There's nothing on the settings tab that indicates a special AC, and he has no magic items or anything.  On another character (a Barbarian) it wouldn't add in his Con modifier, even though we had that checked in the settings tab.  Has anyone else run into AC problems?
I would remove the chain mail and shield from the paladin and re-add them from the compendium. It sounds like maybe it got mixed up with a plate armor. I would also, check to see if either of those items have the MOD: "ac +X", as that could also be the culprit. For the barbarian, I would suggest clearing the setting and reapplying, but I imagine that you've already tried that. If that is the case, I would suggest changing the barbarian's ac calculation manually by adding a new item, called "Unarmored Defense", and putting a mod of "ax +X" on the item where X is the Constitution modifier of the barbarian. This would then allow your barbarian to equip a shield to adjust the AC even more and the Global AC modifier will still work. Unfortunately, if the Constitution modifier of the barbarian ever changes, you will have to manually adjust this modifier since we cannot put a formula or attribute into this manual calculation. Here's a picture for more details.

Edited 1496789533
Hi. I apologize for not reading this whole thread, but it's 17 pages, so I'm taking the risk of being lazy. I can drag and drop equipment just fine, but not combat spells. They just open a compendium page window no matter what I do. Also, I can't figure out where to add noncombat spells by dragging and dropping. Finally, the Compendium is wonderful and I love it, but I haven't been able to find listings for any background other than Acolyte. Thanks very much for reading this and any help you can offer.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Jai C. said, here : I'm able to add information to my character sheet, close that sheet, and then still have all of the added info still be there. The sheet itself doesn't do anything. In the pictures below I have 4 spells entered , but the sheet doesn't display anything unless the little gear icon is clicked and even then any descriptions that go along with the spells aren't displayed either unless manually typed out. The character that the sheet belongs to is level 5 , but the proficiency bonus is still displayed as a 2 instead of 3. Anything effected by stats update and show up just fine. Every spell that I have except for 5 have been taken from the Compendium. The pictures are what I get after doing that. The spells that I add all by hand also have this problem. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
One-Eyed Jack said: I can't figure out where to add noncombat spells by dragging and dropping. Here's what the Wiki says: Selecting the "+" under any of the Spell Level headings will present you with a blank template where you can enter all of the information about a spell. With the new drag & drop compendium integration you can now add spells, with all of their information directly from the compendium. To add a spell, click the "+" under the level heading under which you wish to add the spell, look up the spell within the editor's compendium tab, then drag & drop the spell from the compendium tab onto the newly created, blank, spell slot. This will copy over all corresponding information linked to the spell, as well as creating an attack if relevant. This is demonstrated within this video, here .
One-Eyed Jack said: Finally, the Compendium is wonderful and I love it, but I haven't been able to find listings for any background other than Acolyte. The Compendium only contains what has been released in the SRD ( <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-r" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-r</a>... ). The SRD is not the same as the Player's Handbook . The purpose of the SRD "is to allow users to create new content, not to replicate the text of the whole game" (quote from SRD FAQ).

Edited 1497241991
Brenoxx said: %{selected|npc_str_save} is the only thing you need in the macro and this only works for NPC not the PC sheet. You could make macros called NPCStr NPCDex NPC... then make a nested macro to call the right macro. The save Macro i use works for both NPC and PC so I only have 1 and I set it to show as token and all players so everyone uses it. You can create a second one and add /w GM for your use so player don't see the roll but in my game I let them see most rolls but not all. Remove the spaces in all the & # 125 ; I had to add them so the chat didn't remove them &{template:simple} {{always=1& # 125 ;& # 125 ; ?{Ability| Strength Save, {{rname=Strength Save& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{mod=[[ [[@{selected|strength_save_bonus}]] [Strength Modifier + Proficency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{r1=[[ 1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[@{selected|strength_save_bonus}]] [Strength Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{r2=[[ 1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[@{selected|strength_save_bonus}]] [Strength Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; | Dexterity Save, {{rname=Dexterity Save& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{mod=[[ [[@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}]] [Dexterity Modifier + Proficency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ;{{r1=[[ 1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}]] [Dexterity Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{r2=[[ 1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}]] [Dexterity Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; |&nbsp;&nbsp;Constitution Save, {{rname=Constitution Save& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{mod=[[ [[@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}]] [Constitution Modifier + Proficency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{r1=[[ 1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}]] [Constitution Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{r2=[[ 1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}]] [Constitution Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; | Intelligence Save, {{rname=Intelligence Save& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{mod=[[ [[@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}]] [Intelligence Modifier + Proficency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{r1=[[ 1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}]] [Intelligence Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{r2=[[ 1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}]] [Intelligence Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; | Wisdom Save, {{rname=Wisdom Save& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{mod=[[ [[@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}]] [Wisdom Modifier + Proficency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{r1=[[ 1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}]] [Wisdom Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{r2=[[ 1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}]] [Wisdom Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; | Charisma Save, {{rname=Charisma Save& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{mod=[[ [[@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}]] [Charisma Modifier + Proficency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{r1=[[ 1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}]] [Charisma Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ; {{r2=[[ 1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}]] [Charisma Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]& # 125 ;& # 125 ;} @{selected|charname_output} &nbsp; It worked fine! Thanks, guys! I updated this macro to work with both PCs and NPCs in all circumstances and added some extra labelling so what is being rolled is indicated in the results, added death saves, cleaned up the formatting a bit and used a nicer template. Just remember to remove the space from &# 125; when you copy it (just a simple find and replace in notepad). If used on an NPC it will roll privately, if used on a PC it will roll publicly. I'll also include a nested button version below the pulldown version. @{selected|wtype}&{template:npcatk} {{attack=1}} {{always=1}} ?{Select Saving Throw | Strength Save, {{rname=Strength Save&# 125;&# 125; {{name=@{selected|token_name} ([[ [[-1*(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_str_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_str_save}+@{selected|strength_save_prof})]][Str+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])&# 125;&# 125; {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+[[-1*(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_str_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_str_save}+@{selected|strength_save_prof})]][Str+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+[[-1*(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_str_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_str_save}+@{selected|strength_save_prof})]][Str+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; | Dexterity Save, {{rname=Dexterity Save&# 125;&# 125; {{name=@{selected|token_name} ([[ [[-1*(@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_dex_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_dex_save}+@{selected|dexterity_save_prof})]][Dex+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])&# 125;&# 125; {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+[[-1*(@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_dex_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_dex_save}+@{selected|dexterity_save_prof})]][Dex+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+[[-1*(@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_dex_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_dex_save}+@{selected|dexterity_save_prof})]][Dex+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; | Constitution Save, {{rname=Constitution Save&# 125;&# 125; {{name=@{selected|token_name} ([[ [[-1*(@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_con_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_con_save}+@{selected|constitution_save_prof})]][Con+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])&# 125;&# 125; {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+[[-1*(@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_con_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_con_save}+@{selected|constitution_save_prof})]][Con+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+[[-1*(@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_con_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_con_save}+@{selected|constitution_save_prof})]][Con+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; | Intelligence Save, {{rname=Intelligence Save&# 125;&# 125; {{name=@{selected|token_name} ([[ [[-1*(@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_int_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_int_save}+@{selected|Intelligence_save_prof})]][Int+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])&# 125;&# 125; {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+[[-1*(@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_int_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_int_save}+@{selected|Intelligence_save_prof})]][Int+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+[[-1*(@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_int_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_int_save}+@{selected|Intelligence_save_prof})]][Int+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; | Wisdom Save, {{rname=Wisdom Save&# 125;&# 125; {{name=@{selected|token_name} ([[ [[-1*(@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_wis_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_wis_save}+@{selected|Wisdom_save_prof})]][Wis+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])&# 125;&# 125; {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+[[-1*(@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_wis_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_wis_save}+@{selected|Wisdom_save_prof})]][Wis+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+[[-1*(@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_wis_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_wis_save}+@{selected|Wisdom_save_prof})]][Wis+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; | Charisma Save, {{rname=Charisma Save&# 125;&# 125; {{name=@{selected|token_name} ([[ [[-1*(@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_cha_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_cha_save}+@{selected|Charisma_save_prof})]][Cha+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])&# 125;&# 125; {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+[[-1*(@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_cha_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_cha_save}+@{selected|Charisma_save_prof})]][Cha+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+[[-1*(@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_cha_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_cha_save}+@{selected|Charisma_save_prof})]][Cha+Prof]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; | Death Save, {{rname=Death Save&# 125;&# 125; {{name=@{selected|token_name} ([[@{selected|deathsavemod}[Death Save Mod]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])&# 125;&# 125; {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+@{selected|deathsavemod}[Death Save Mod]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+@{selected|deathsavemod}[Death Save Mod]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]&# 125;&# 125; } Main button macro that calls the individual Saves (remember to remove the space from the &# 13;): @{selected|wtype}0&{template:spell} {{name=Saves}} {{description=[Str](!&# 13;#SaveStr)[Dex](!&# 13;#SaveDex)[Con](!&# 13;#SaveCon)[Int](!&# 13;#SaveInt)[Wis](!&# 13;#SaveWis)[Cha](!&# 13;#SaveCha)[Death](!&# 13;#SaveDeath)}} Make sure you name each macro correcting (including case): Macroname: SaveStr @{selected|wtype}&{template:npcatk}&nbsp;{{attack=1}} {{always=1}} {{rname=Strength Save}} {{name=@{selected|token_name} (+[[[[-1*(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_str_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_str_save}+@{selected|strength_save_prof})]] [Strength Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])}} {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[-1*(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_str_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_str_save})+@{selected|strength_save_prof})]] [Strength Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]}} {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[-1*(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_str_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_str_save}+@{selected|strength_save_prof})]] [Strength Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]}} Macroname: SaveDex @{selected|wtype}&{template:npcatk} {{attack=1}} {{always=1}} {{rname=Dexterity Save}} {{name=@{selected|token_name} (+[[[[-1*(@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_dex_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_dex_save}+@{selected|dexterity_save_prof})]] [Dexterity Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])}} {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[-1*(@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_dex_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_dex_save})+@{selected|dexterity_save_prof})]] [Dexterity Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]}} {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[-1*(@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_dex_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_dex_save}+@{selected|dexterity_save_prof})]] [Dexterity Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]}} Macroname: SaveCon @{selected|wtype}&{template:npcatk} {{attack=1}} {{always=1}} {{rname=Constitution Save}} {{name=@{selected|token_name} (+[[[[-1*(@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_con_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_con_save}+@{selected|constitution_save_prof})]] [Constitution Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])}} {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[-1*(@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_con_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_con_save})+@{selected|constitution_save_prof})]] [Constitution Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]}} {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[-1*(@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_con_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_con_save}+@{selected|constitution_save_prof})]] [Constitution Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]}} Macroname: SaveInt @{selected|wtype}&{template:npcnpcatk} {{attack=1}} {{always=1}} {{rname=Intelligence Save}} {{name=@{selected|token_name} (+[[[[-1*(@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_int_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_int_save}+@{selected|intelligence_save_prof})]] [Intelligence Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])}} {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[-1*(@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_int_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_int_save})+@{selected|intelligence_save_prof})]] [Intelligence Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]}} {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[-1*(@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_int_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_int_save}+@{selected|intelligence_save_prof})]] [Intelligence Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]}} Macroname: SaveWis @{selected|wtype}&{template:npcatk} {{attack=1}} {{always=1}} {{rname=Wisdom Save}} {{name=@{selected|token_name} (+[[[[-1*(@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_wis_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_wis_save}+@{selected|wisdom_save_prof})]] [Wisdom Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])}} {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[-1*(@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_wis_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_wis_save})+@{selected|wisdom_save_prof})]] [Wisdom Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]}} {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[-1*(@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_wis_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_wis_save}+@{selected|wisdom_save_prof})]] [Wisdom Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]}} Macroname: SaveCha @{selected|wtype}&{template:npcatk} {{attack=1}} {{always=1}} {{rname=Charisma Save}} {{name=@{selected|token_name} (+[[[[-1*(@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_cha_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_cha_save}+@{selected|charisma_save_prof})]] [Charisma Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])}} {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[-1*(@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_cha_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_cha_save})+@{selected|charisma_save_prof})]] [Charisma Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]}} {{r2=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck} + [[-1*(@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}*(@{selected|npc_cha_save_flag}-1))+(@{selected|npcd_cha_save}+@{selected|charisma_save_prof})]] [Charisma Modifier + Proficiency Bonus]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus} ]]}} Macroname: SaveDeath @{selected|wtype}&{template:npcatk} {{attack=1}} {{always=1}} {{rname=Death Save}} {{name=@{selected|token_name} (+[[@{selected|deathsavemod}@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]])}} {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|halflingluck}+@{selected|deathsavemod}@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]}} @{selected|rtype}@{selected|halflingluck}+@{selected|deathsavemod}@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]}}
Kyle G. said: I would remove the chain mail and shield from the paladin and re-add them from the compendium. It sounds like maybe it got mixed up with a plate armor. I would also, check to see if either of those items have the MOD: "ac +X", as that could also be the culprit. For the barbarian, I would suggest clearing the setting and reapplying, but I imagine that you've already tried that. If that is the case, I would suggest changing the barbarian's ac calculation manually by adding a new item, called "Unarmored Defense", and putting a mod of "ax +X" on the item where X is the Constitution modifier of the barbarian. This would then allow your barbarian to equip a shield to adjust the AC even more and the Global AC modifier will still work. Unfortunately, if the Constitution modifier of the barbarian ever changes, you will have to manually adjust this modifier since we cannot put a formula or attribute into this manual calculation. Here's a picture for more details. Hey Kyle, thanks for the response. So I tried your suggestion for the Paladin, and nothing changed. &nbsp;Removing his armor and shield took him down to AC 12. &nbsp;He's 4th level, with no Dex modifier, and no custom class options or anything. &nbsp;No idea where that +2 is coming from. &nbsp;I did a temporary solution of giving him a -2 to his Global AC modifier. &nbsp;It works, but I'd really like to figure out what the problem is. So with the Barbarian, it gets weird. &nbsp;On the settings tab we have "Custom AC" checked with it being 10+Dex+Con. &nbsp;When I cleared that check and then re-clicked it, it gave the correct AC, 14. &nbsp;(PC has Dex +1 and Con +3.) &nbsp;So that's good. &nbsp;Then, as soon as I grab a shield from the compendium to equip on him, AC changes to 13; it disregards the custom AC modifier and seems to only be including Dex. I'll take your advice on the unarmored defence option. &nbsp;Just annoying. &nbsp;Is the sheet being worked on by anyone at all, or are these problems just going to stay?
Mark said: So I tried your suggestion for the Paladin, and nothing changed. &nbsp;Removing his armor and shield took him down to AC 12. &nbsp;He's 4th level, with no Dex modifier, and no custom class options or anything. &nbsp;No idea where that +2 is coming from. &nbsp;I did a temporary solution of giving him a -2 to his Global AC modifier. &nbsp;It works, but I'd really like to figure out what the problem is. I have run into a similar situation with one of my PCs. The way that I was able to fix it was to remove each item from the inventory until I found the one that is modifying the AC and then add back each item once you've found the culprit. I believe that this likely happens when an armor item is overwritten with the contents of another item. Only the attributes the are on the new item get overwritten, so any pre-existing attributes on that item-slot will stay, such as the armor class for the item. Mark said: Is the sheet being worked on by anyone at all, or are these problems just going to stay? The sheet is maintained by Roll20 and Steve K. has mentioned that he is working on the next version of the character sheet (v1.7) and that is should be public soon. Although, I'm not sure what is being fixed in the next release.
Mark said: Kyle G. said: I would remove the chain mail and shield from the paladin and re-add them from the compendium. It sounds like maybe it got mixed up with a plate armor. I would also, check to see if either of those items have the MOD: "ac +X", as that could also be the culprit. For the barbarian, I would suggest clearing the setting and reapplying, but I imagine that you've already tried that. If that is the case, I would suggest changing the barbarian's ac calculation manually by adding a new item, called "Unarmored Defense", and putting a mod of "ax +X" on the item where X is the Constitution modifier of the barbarian. This would then allow your barbarian to equip a shield to adjust the AC even more and the Global AC modifier will still work. Unfortunately, if the Constitution modifier of the barbarian ever changes, you will have to manually adjust this modifier since we cannot put a formula or attribute into this manual calculation. Here's a picture for more details. Hey Kyle, thanks for the response. So I tried your suggestion for the Paladin, and nothing changed. &nbsp;Removing his armor and shield took him down to AC 12. &nbsp;He's 4th level, with no Dex modifier, and no custom class options or anything. &nbsp;No idea where that +2 is coming from. &nbsp;I did a temporary solution of giving him a -2 to his Global AC modifier. &nbsp;It works, but I'd really like to figure out what the problem is. So with the Barbarian, it gets weird. &nbsp;On the settings tab we have "Custom AC" checked with it being 10+Dex+Con. &nbsp;When I cleared that check and then re-clicked it, it gave the correct AC, 14. &nbsp;(PC has Dex +1 and Con +3.) &nbsp;So that's good. &nbsp;Then, as soon as I grab a shield from the compendium to equip on him, AC changes to 13; it disregards the custom AC modifier and seems to only be including Dex. I'll take your advice on the unarmored defence option. &nbsp;Just annoying. &nbsp;Is the sheet being worked on by anyone at all, or are these problems just going to stay? Try creating a new paladin character and see if you have the same issue.
Hey This is probably a really simple question, but I did not find an answer to it searching the forums. I get the very easy drag and drop function from the rollable parts of the sheet to the macro bar and this is great. Is there an equally easy way to get the features in to token macro bars? Birkovic
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Birkovic said: Hey This is probably a really simple question, but I did not find an answer to it searching the forums. I get the very easy drag and drop function from the rollable parts of the sheet to the macro bar and this is great. Is there an equally easy way to get the features in to token macro bars? Birkovic Turning a Sheet Roll into a&nbsp; Token Action isn't quite as simple without the assistance of an API Script . (API access requires a Game's Creator to have an active Pro subscription.) A good way to create a Token Action from a Sheet Roll is to acquire the Ability call corresponding to that Sheet Roll , and then save that Ability call as a Token Action. Let me know if, after reading the Sheet Rolls section of the Wiki, the process (acquiring and saving the Sheet Roll's Ability call) is still unclear.
Silvyre said: Birkovic said: Hey This is probably a really simple question, but I did not find an answer to it searching the forums. I get the very easy drag and drop function from the rollable parts of the sheet to the macro bar and this is great. Is there an equally easy way to get the features in to token macro bars? Birkovic Turning a Sheet Roll into a&nbsp; Token Action isn't quite as simple without the assistance of an API Script . (API access requires a Game's Creator to have an active Pro subscription.) A good way to create a Token Action from a Sheet Roll is to acquire the Ability call corresponding to that Sheet Roll , and then save that Ability call as a Token Action. Let me know if, after reading the Sheet Rolls section of the Wiki, the process (acquiring and saving the Sheet Roll's Ability call) is still unclear. Thank you. That was a great idea!
I'm currently sick which is leading me to read different pages on my question several times, which has created a headache for reading for around three hours. So before I go to bed, I thought I would do the last ditch effort and check with you guys. I use my spells to do different things, recently my GM has asked me to separate each of the spell cards out separately. And I'm left wondering how I do that and still link them together. %{selected|repeating_spell-3_$2_spell} %{selected|repeating_spell-3_$3_spell} %{selected|repeating_spell-3_$4_spell} Are all one "spell". Because my GM is wanting them separated out, I roll spell-3_$2 first. Then I'm wondering, can I have within that spell card, a text link that when clicked from the chat pane, will roll the next spell in the list? Not sure if I am making sense.... I'm looking for a way to do a "Attack" then click in the chat pane the roll to generate the damage roll. But for these spell cards. Hopefully I make sense ^.^"

Edited 1497357187
GayKiwi said: I'm currently sick which is leading me to read different pages on my question several times, which has created a headache for reading for around three hours. So before I go to bed, I thought I would do the last ditch effort and check with you guys. I use my spells to do different things, recently my GM has asked me to separate each of the spell cards out separately. And I'm left wondering how I do that and still link them together. %{selected|repeating_spell-3_$2_spell} %{selected|repeating_spell-3_$3_spell} %{selected|repeating_spell-3_$4_spell} Are all one "spell". Because my GM is wanting them separated out, I roll spell-3_$2 first. Then I'm wondering, can I have within that spell card, a text link that when clicked from the chat pane, will roll the next spell in the list? Not sure if I am making sense.... I'm looking for a way to do a "Attack" then click in the chat pane the roll to generate the damage roll. But for these spell cards. Hopefully I make sense ^.^" For that you can use an ability button inside the spell description from the first spell. Add this: [@{selected|repeating_spell-3_$3_spellname}](%{selected|repeating_spell-3_$3_spell}) That will make a button to call the $3 spell. In that spell you can make button for $4 and so on. I hope that helps!

Edited 1497375224
Ed S. said: For that you can use an ability button inside the spell description from the first spell. Add this: [@{selected|repeating_spell-3_$3_spellname}](%{selected|repeating_spell-3_$3_spell}) That will make a button to call the $3 spell. In that spell you can make button for $4 and so on. I hope that helps! This doesn't seem to be working. Tried this as it was typed, as well as trying a few edits of this command. Currently, when rolling the first call, it forces the next call to be automatically rolled in its place. The following error is also generated: No attribute was found for @{selected|repeating_spell-3_-KmVuZopLmjmm7yQbrZv_Test2nd} Edit: The error generated was my mistake for editing the spellname as it currently is, and was fixed. But as soon as this was fixed, it instantly rolls the linked content, instead of presenting it as a link.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Try adding this&nbsp; Ability Command Button to the description: [@{repeating_spell-3_$3_spellname}](~@{character_id}|repeating_spell-3_$3_spell)
Oh that little dodacky, I read that sooo many times, but I couldn't make heads or tails of what it was meaning. Thank you. Thanks to Ed as well, that was the answer, I should have remebered that but I'm feeling worse for staying up in the cold lol.
Ok guys here is what I am try to do. I want to create a macro to pull the spell description from the spell card and display it in chat. So pull this info from and produce something like this. Without casting the spell. or even just creating a spell card without casting the spell will work for me.
Silvyre said: Try adding this&nbsp; Ability Command Button to the description: [@{repeating_spell-3_$3_spellname}](~@{character_id}|repeating_spell-3_$3_spell) Yep, &nbsp;I messed up and put the % instead of the ~

Edited 1497381505
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Craven said: I want to create a macro to pull the spell description from the spell card and display it in chat. A spell's description is a Repeating Attribute that can be called like this: @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelldescription}

Edited 1497382567
Silvyre said: Craven said: I want to create a macro to pull the spell description from the spell card and display it in chat. A spell's description is an Attribute that can be called like this: @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelldescription} Anyway to call the spell card? to get all the info and the nice format? I found it ty I found the template &{template:spell} {{level=school level}} {{name=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellname}}} {{castingtime=castingtime}} {{range=range}} {{target=target}} {{v=1}} {{s=1}} {{m=1}} {{material=material}} {{duration=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelldescription}}} {{description=description}} {{athigherlevels=athigherlevels}} {{ritual=1}} {{concentration=1}} {{charname=charname}} Do you know the variables for the other stats like casting time, target, etc
Craven said: Silvyre said: Craven said: I want to create a macro to pull the spell description from the spell card and display it in chat. A spell's description is an Attribute that can be called like this: @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelldescription} Anyway to call the spell card? to get all the info and the nice format? I found it ty I found the template &{template:spell} {{level=school level}} {{name=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellname}}} {{castingtime=castingtime}} {{range=range}} {{target=target}} {{v=1}} {{s=1}} {{m=1}} {{material=material}} {{duration=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelldescription}}} {{description=description}} {{athigherlevels=athigherlevels}} {{ritual=1}} {{concentration=1}} {{charname=charname}} Do you know the variables for the other stats like casting time, target, etc I made a post to a similar question&nbsp; here .
Here is what i have so far. &{template:spell} {{level=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellschool} @{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spelllevel}}} {{name=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellname}}} {{castingtime=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcastingtime}}} {{range=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellrange}}} {{target=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spelltarget}}} {{v=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_v}}} {{s=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_s}}} {{m=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_m}}} {{material=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_materials}}} {{duration=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellduration}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelldescription}}} {{athigherlevels=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellathigherlevels}}} {{ritual=}} {{concentration=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellconcentration}}} {{charname=charname}} I cannot get the ritual, Components, Concentration flags to work. I have tried _spellconcentrationflag and _spellconcentration

Edited 1497406761
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Craven , instead of writing a spell macro, would calling the spell entry work for you? e.g. %{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spell} or [@{repeating_spell-2_$14_spellname}](~@{character_id}|repeating_spell-2_$14_spell)
I already have a spell book macros that calls the spells. I am trying to build on that and pull a spell card for each spell without casting the spell. So when a player forgets what the spell does they can pull that info without going all the way to the spell section or casting it to see a spell discretion.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Craven said: I cannot get the ritual, Components, Concentration flags to work. Replace {{ritual=}} with @{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellritual} Replace {{s=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_s}}} with @{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_s} Replace {{v=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_v}}} with @{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_v} Replace {{m=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_m}}} with @{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_m} Replace {{concentration=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellconcentration}}} with @{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellconcentration}
Silvyre said: Craven said: I cannot get the ritual, Components, Concentration flags to work. Replace {{ritual=}} with @{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellritual} Replace {{s=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_s}}} with @{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_s} Replace {{v=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_v}}} with @{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_v} Replace {{m=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_m}}} with @{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellcomp_m} Replace {{concentration=@{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellconcentration}}} with @{selected|repeating_spell-2_$14_spellconcentration} Thanks so much you are so good at this stuff and super helpful.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Cheers!