Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.6

I'm having trouble with the alignment of the character sheet in the skills section.   
Lance D. said: I'm having trouble with the alignment&nbsp;of the character sheet in the skills section.&nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5281478/character-sheet-messed-up" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5281478/character-sheet-messed-up</a>
Kyle G. said: Lance D. said: I'm having trouble with the alignment&nbsp;of the character sheet in the skills section.&nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5281478/character-sheet-messed-up" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5281478/character-sheet-messed-up</a> Thanks.&nbsp;
yo
My character sheet will not convert into the NPC format after I have selected setting and clicked on the NPC box, can anyone assist ?&nbsp;
Adam B. said: My character sheet will not convert into the NPC format after I have selected setting and clicked on the NPC box, can anyone assist ?&nbsp; Check the NPC box, close the gear icon. Close the character sheet. And then re-open it.
Sky said: Adam B. said: My character sheet will not convert into the NPC format after I have selected setting and clicked on the NPC box, can anyone assist ?&nbsp; Check the NPC box, close the gear icon. Close the character sheet. And then re-open it. Unfortunately hasnt worked&nbsp;
Try deleting the npc and npc_toggle attributes.
Sky said: Try deleting the npc and npc_toggle attributes. Worked thank you
Maybe I'm being obtuse, but how to I make something Melee or Ranged, like daggers or spears? It does it if I bring an NPC from the compendium, but I can't seem to do it on any custom NPCs.
Unfortunately there is no way in the character sheet to specify an NPC action as Melee or Ranged. That value can only be brought over from the Compendium and not recreated except through the API.&nbsp; My recommendation is to specify the attack as Melee but put the range as the ranged attack. That should at least clue you in to what the action can do.
! Kyle G. said: Unfortunately there is no way in the character sheet to specify an NPC action as Melee or Ranged. That value can only be brought over from the Compendium and not recreated except through the API.&nbsp; My recommendation is to specify the attack as Melee but put the range as the ranged attack. That should at least clue you in to what the action can do. Thanks!
Hey is there ANY way to add a +1 to a certain saving throw? i wanna give one of my players an item that gives +1 to wisdom saving throws but i cant find a way to do it
Sorry if this has been answered before, and I wish it was possible to search inside threads, but it appears one of my players AC has bugged out, Every so often without warning it changes to some other number, previous session it was 10, and he's been running around most of this session with 30 AC, we've had to override it with Custom AC, but if he adds anything from the Compendium it reverts back to whatever it feels like. I've had a look through his inventory and he doesn't have anything equiped that adds to his AC beyond the armour he is supposed to have. Thank you for your time.
My character's weapon damage isn't being rolled when I click on his weapon to attack. Any ideas why? Here is the setup and the result:
If you click on the word Battleaxe on the chat pane, damage will be rolled. If you want that damage to be rolled automatically you should go to the character sheet configuration (Cog wheel at the top, NOT the cog wheel for the weapon) and change the Auto Damage Roll option here: Note, doing this will cause 3D damage dice to appear, including critical damage dice even if you don't get a critical hit.&nbsp; This is a limitation in Roll 20.

Edited 1500748508
Eric H. said: Hey is there ANY way to add a +1 to a certain saving throw? i wanna give one of my players an item that gives +1 to wisdom saving throws but i cant find a way to do it There is a way to do this, but I personally don't like it. It requires you to create a attribute with the same name as the saving throw bonus you want to modify and set the value equal to the value of the current modifier plus your bonus. For your example, you would need to create an attribute called wisdom_save_bonus and set the value to @{wisdom_mod}+@{wisdom_save_prof}+1 . I should point out that while you have modified the attribute, the character sheet will not display the new value. This new value ONLY appears in the rolls using the attribute. Björn E. said: Sorry if this has been answered before, and I wish it was possible to search inside threads, but it appears one of my players AC has bugged out, Every so often without warning it changes to some other number, previous session it was 10, and he's been running around most of this session with 30 AC, we've had to override it with Custom AC, but if he adds anything from the Compendium it reverts back to whatever it feels like. I've had a look through his inventory and he doesn't have anything equiped that adds to his AC beyond the armour he is supposed to have. Thank you for your time. I have run into this problem myself. The cause to my error was that there was a hidden ac field on one of the items. The item that caused mine was not even an armor item, but I believe that someone may have overwritten a previous armor item with the new one. Doing this, the armor field from the previous item was not removed and was therefore causing issues with the character sheet like you describe. The way that I fixed this was to go through each item individually and delete it, then re-add it back to the inventory. I believe that you could also un-equip each item individually until you find the one causing the issue, but that's your choice. At the time, the character did not have that much in the inventory.
Kevin said: If you click on the word Battleaxe on the chat pane, damage will be rolled. If you want that damage to be rolled automatically you should go to the character sheet configuration (Cog wheel at the top, NOT the cog wheel for the weapon) and change the Auto Damage Roll option here: Note, doing this will cause 3D damage dice to appear, including critical damage dice even if you don't get a critical hit.&nbsp; This is a limitation in Roll 20. Awesome! Thanks!
So this sheet will auto calculate AC? Where do I enter armor pieces? (Am I blind?)
Kent said: So this sheet will auto calculate AC? Where do I enter armor pieces? (Am I blind?) Check out the&nbsp; wiki&nbsp; for information on it.
Björn E. said: Sorry if this has been answered before, and I wish it was possible to search inside threads, but it appears one of my players AC has bugged out, Every so often without warning it changes to some other number, previous session it was 10, and he's been running around most of this session with 30 AC, we've had to override it with Custom AC, but if he adds anything from the Compendium it reverts back to whatever it feels like. I've had a look through his inventory and he doesn't have anything equiped that adds to his AC beyond the armour he is supposed to have. Thank you for your time. I have run into this problem myself. The cause to my error was that there was a hidden ac field on one of the items. The item that caused mine was not even an armor item, but I believe that someone may have overwritten a previous armor item with the new one. Doing this, the armor field from the previous item was not removed and was therefore causing issues with the character sheet like you describe. The way that I fixed this was to go through each item individually and delete it, then re-add it back to the inventory. I believe that you could also un-equip each item individually until you find the one causing the issue, but that's your choice. At the time, the character did not have that much in the inventory. Thank you very much, I went through his inventory again and it turns out the offending item was a Bag of Holding, not sure if it's possible to remove the AC bonus from it but it shouldn't trouble us anymore
Björn E. said: Thank you very much, I went through his inventory again and it turns out the offending item was a Bag of Holding, not sure if it's possible to remove the AC bonus from it but it shouldn't trouble us anymore The way to remove the AC bonus would be to delete the item and re-add it from the Compendium into a blank item slot.
Kyle G. said: Kent said: So this sheet will auto calculate AC? Where do I enter armor pieces? (Am I blind?) Check out the&nbsp; wiki&nbsp; for information on it. I am having the same problem i looked at the WIKI page still didnt&nbsp;help.
Nellac said: I am having the same problem i looked at the WIKI page still didnt&nbsp;help. What are you trying to do?
Kyle G. said: Nellac said: I am having the same problem i looked at the WIKI page still didnt&nbsp;help. What are you trying to do? I have added my armor to equipment and entered mod as "ac&nbsp;+1" but my AC doesnt cahnged
Nellac said: Kyle G. said: Nellac said: I am having the same problem i looked at the WIKI page still didnt&nbsp;help. What are you trying to do? I have added my armor to equipment and entered mod as "ac&nbsp;+1" but my AC doesnt cahnged Are you using the custom AC or not? If so, the ac modifier (ac +N) does not stack with the custom AC. If not, try deleting the ac attribute and then close and re-open the character sheet. Doing that should reset the sheet worker for the ac. If you have a character that has a custom armor class, here's how I would fix it. Add a new item called unarmored defense and give this item the MOD ac +N where N is the second stat for the armor calculation (CON for a barbarian or WIS for a monk). Unfortunately this method will require the value to be updated any time that stat would change because you cannot specify an attribute in this field, only a flat number value.
I've been altering the code of the Character Sheet to suit it better to my game. One thing i'm trying to find is the Addition for Modifiers to the base dice so i can remove it. Then i can make it rather than 1d6+STR+{Bonus} but into 1dSTR+(Bonus/Base) But i can only find the "+" that makes it appear on the sheet and not the code. Wondering if anyone knows where it is.
Is there a way to enable rogue's Reliable Talent on the character sheet?
Wraeyth said: Is there a way to enable rogue's Reliable Talent on the character sheet? I don't think so. I tried to see if there was a way to overwrite the halfling luck functionality but had no luck with that. You will either need to make abilities/macros for the rogue's skills and change the 1d20 part of the macro to {1d20,10+0d0}kh1. Otherwise the player is just going to have to remember it themselves
I have seen this issue reported before, but I cannot find a mention of it having been solved. So here goes: My party levelled up from level 4 to level 5 last night. Their proficiency bonuses increased from +2 to +3 as a result. None of the attack rolls updated automatically, though. Is there a way to force an update other than going through each attack and toggling the proficient check box?
Is there a way to have it auto-calculate the race modifcators? It's not too much of a hassle to just do it by hand, but since they are static I might just have made a mistake/tried the wrong thing
Grant H. said: I have seen this issue reported before, but I cannot find a mention of it having been solved. So here goes: My party levelled up from level 4 to level 5 last night. Their proficiency bonuses increased from +2 to +3 as a result. None of the attack rolls updated automatically, though. Is there a way to force an update other than going through each attack and toggling the proficient check box? You could make a script that would do that for you when the level changes. If I have time today, I might throw something together for you. But there isn't anything in the character sheet that will do a force update like that. Lore . said: Is there a way to have it auto-calculate the race modifcators? It's not too much of a hassle to just do it by hand, but since they are static I might just have made a mistake/tried the wrong thing The 5e OGL is purposely meant to be simple so that slower computers will not run into difficulties. As such, most of the sheet needs to be manually updated, similar to having a paper representation of the character sheet.

Edited 1501171149
Thanks Kyle. No worries. I just wondered if there was something that i was missing. I can just remind my players to do the manual updates.
Kyle G. said: The 5e OGL is purposely meant to be simple so that slower computers will not run into difficulties. As such, most of the sheet needs to be manually updated, similar to having a paper representation of the character sheet. Alright, thanks for the clarification. Then I'll just have my players whip up physical sheets and carry them over to the digital one ;)
On a couple of times when I've made an attack macro on the OGL sheet it adds an item with the same name to my inventory. &nbsp; The item has a red box around it in my inventory. &nbsp;I haven't been able to replacate it in other games, do you think it is the result of a setting the GM put on the game settings or something along those lines?
Got an odd issue going on now. I am wanting to use the OGL version but modify it to include some "handouts" for my players using the radio button input. Unfortunately, it is not working as expected. Created a 2nd line of radio buttons labeled "Movement", "Combat", "Spellcasting", and "Conditions". You must first click "Handouts" (on original line) to get the 2nd line to show up. Then click an option in 2nd line to get the specific handouts. Problem is when you click on the 2nd line, everything disappears even though I added &lt;div class="page movement"&gt; to create the page. Maybe someone could guide me in the right direction.
Mitchell said: On a couple of times when I've made an attack macro on the OGL sheet it adds an item with the same name to my inventory. &nbsp; The item has a red box around it in my inventory. &nbsp;I haven't been able to replacate it in other games, do you think it is the result of a setting the GM put on the game settings or something along those lines? I have actually seen that too but not when dealing with macros. Wondered about it myself but I figured it had a purpose and just ignored it.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Grant H. said: I have seen this issue reported before, but I cannot find a mention of it having been solved. So here goes: My party levelled up from level 4 to level 5 last night. Their proficiency bonuses increased from +2 to +3 as a result. None of the attack rolls updated automatically, though. Is there a way to force an update other than going through each attack and toggling the proficient check box? This will be fixed come the next version of the sheet. You can fix it for all attacks on the character by adjusting the auto roll damage setting on the settings tab, flipping it and flipping it back to cause all attacks to update. Or, by manually adjusting any value in the attack will also cause it to update correctly, per attack.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Mitchell said: On a couple of times when I've made an attack macro on the OGL sheet it adds an item with the same name to my inventory. &nbsp; The item has a red box around it in my inventory. &nbsp;I haven't been able to replacate it in other games, do you think it is the result of a setting the GM put on the game settings or something along those lines? If you're seeing a red box around an item in a repeating section you're seeing a very old bug, an issue where section IDs were coming in all lower case. If you remove the section and replace it you shouldn't see the issue again.
I am using the 5eOGL sheet, and my players have recently levelled up 5. &nbsp;They have all changed their levels at the top of the page to 5, which updated the proficiency bonus box, along with the associated saving throw and skill checks. &nbsp; However spell and weapon attacks using the proficiency bonus do not automatically update, and still show proficiency bonus being added as 2 when i hover over the roll. &nbsp; I have tried re-adding some affected spells which seems to fix the problem and the correct prof. bonus is added for that spell, but I don't want to have to do this every time. &nbsp;Is there a known cause/solution for this? &nbsp; Many thanks in advance.
On an unrelated note, not all spells that should be able to be cast at higher levels are given the option to do so when cast (e.g. Guiding Bolt) either when manually entered or dragged over from the compendium. &nbsp;Any advice on how to solve this would also be appreciated.
James W. said: I am using the 5eOGL sheet, and my players have recently levelled up 5. &nbsp;They have all changed their levels at the top of the page to 5, which updated the proficiency bonus box, along with the associated saving throw and skill checks. &nbsp; However spell and weapon attacks using the proficiency bonus do not automatically update, and still show proficiency bonus being added as 2 when i hover over the roll. &nbsp; I have tried re-adding some affected spells which seems to fix the problem and the correct prof. bonus is added for that spell, but I don't want to have to do this every time. &nbsp;Is there a known cause/solution for this? &nbsp; Many thanks in advance. Steve posted a solution for this situation a couple of hours before you asked. Steve K. said: Grant H. said: I have seen this issue reported before, but I cannot find a mention of it having been solved. So here goes: My party levelled up from level 4 to level 5 last night. Their proficiency bonuses increased from +2 to +3 as a result. None of the attack rolls updated automatically, though. Is there a way to force an update other than going through each attack and toggling the proficient check box? This will be fixed come the next version of the sheet. You can fix it for all attacks on the character by adjusting the auto roll damage setting on the settings tab, flipping it and flipping it back to cause all attacks to update. Or, by manually adjusting any value in the attack will also cause it to update correctly, per attack.
James W. said: On an unrelated note, not all spells that should be able to be cast at higher levels are given the option to do so when cast (e.g. Guiding Bolt) either when manually entered or dragged over from the compendium. &nbsp;Any advice on how to solve this would also be appreciated. Guiding Bolt is able to be cast at a higher level. This is the spell from the in the&nbsp; Compendium . A flash of light streaks toward a creature of your choice within range. Make a ranged spell Attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next Attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage, thanks to the mystical dim light glittering on the target until then. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st. However, for spells that should not be able to be cast at higher levels you just need to make sure that there is nothing in the fields I have highlighted below.
Kyle G. said: James W. said: On an unrelated note, not all spells that should be able to be cast at higher levels are given the option to do so when cast (e.g. Guiding Bolt) either when manually entered or dragged over from the compendium. &nbsp;Any advice on how to solve this would also be appreciated. Guiding Bolt is able to be cast at a higher level. This is the spell from the in the&nbsp; Compendium . A flash of light streaks toward a creature of your choice within range. Make a ranged spell Attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next Attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage, thanks to the mystical dim light glittering on the target until then. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st. However, for spells that should not be able to be cast at higher levels you just need to make sure that there is nothing in the fields I have highlighted below. Thanks for your reply. &nbsp;I know it can and I am trying to ensure the prompt appears consistently, and the same for other spells like Inflict Wounds, Cure Wounds. &nbsp;The prompt for which spell slot to use appears for the appropriate spells every time (as it should) when the 'auto-roll damage and crits' is on, but stops working when this is off.
Steve posted a solution for this situation a couple of hours before you asked. Steve K. said: Grant H. said: I have seen this issue reported before, but I cannot find a mention of it having been solved. So here goes: My party levelled up from level 4 to level 5 last night. Their proficiency bonuses increased from +2 to +3 as a result. None of the attack rolls updated automatically, though. Is there a way to force an update other than going through each attack and toggling the proficient check box? This will be fixed come the next version of the sheet. You can fix it for all attacks on the character by adjusting the auto roll damage setting on the settings tab, flipping it and flipping it back to cause all attacks to update. Or, by manually adjusting any value in the attack will also cause it to update correctly, per attack. Thanks! &nbsp;I am blind / an idiot / both.
James W. said: Thanks for your reply. &nbsp;I know it can and I am trying to ensure the prompt appears consistently, and the same for other spells like Inflict Wounds, Cure Wounds. &nbsp;The prompt for which spell slot to use appears for the appropriate spells every time (as it should) when the 'auto-roll damage and crits' is on, but stops working when this is off. That's because it only asks what spell level was used to cast for the damage rolls and not for the 'to hit' rolls. The only workaround for this is to leave it on auto roll damage unfortunately.
Theodore S. said: Got an odd issue going on now. I am wanting to use the OGL version but modify it to include some "handouts" for my players using the radio button input. Unfortunately, it is not working as expected. Created a 2nd line of radio buttons labeled "Movement", "Combat", "Spellcasting", and "Conditions". You must first click "Handouts" (on original line) to get the 2nd line to show up. Then click an option in 2nd line to get the specific handouts. Problem is when you click on the 2nd line, everything disappears even though I added &lt;div class="page movement"&gt; to create the page. Maybe someone could guide me in the right direction. I am not sure if everyone has just ignored my request but I am reposting it in hopes that someone can assist me.
Theodore S. said: I am not sure if everyone has just ignored my request but I am reposting it in hopes that someone can assist me. I would recommend making a separate thread for your question. More of the sheet creators would likely click on a separate thread rather than the combing through all of the posts of this specific character sheet.