Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.6

Edited 1471790829
Is there an NPC skills attribute that contains their skill bonuses (the ones listed as "Skills" on the NPC character sheet)? I found @{selected|npc_skillsbase} but it is inconsistent. For example, when I used it with an orc (I had dragged all the info over from the srd listing) it listed the intimidation skill bonus, with a jackalwere it lists the perception and stealth bonuses but not the deception bonus; with the faerie dragon it didn't list any of its skill bonuses (I created both of those from scratch).
The OGL sheet is not perfect by any means. However hopefully the devs will put in all these things that are missing after they iron out all the details with Wizards of the Coast. In the mean time the sheet is better than doing things from scratch which is what i did with my 2nd edition sheets. Plus everybody has there own play style and it is impossible to cater to everybody's needs. Hopefully with yours and others suggestions on stuff that is missing they are looking at these posts and trying to fix stuff like this just understand it may take some time to do so.
Been looking at starting up an old 5e game again, going through my player's sheets and converting to this. Love most of the features. For Monk's unarmoured defence, is the only way to set that up currently to use the Custom AC + dex + wis? Because that seems to break auto-calculation from AC bonuses in the inventory, and I have to change the custom base AC.

Edited 1471880903
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Starayo said: Been looking at starting up an old 5e game again, going through my player's sheets and converting to this. Love most of the features. For Monk's unarmoured defence, is the only way to set that up currently to use the Custom AC + dex + wis? Because that seems to break auto-calculation from AC bonuses in the inventory, and I have to change the custom base AC. It's the only way I've found too. It also breaks if you become encumbered (or really anything that affects the AC). It also messes up the auto-update for when you change your attributes. Was tweaking my starting character (monk) and changed around my DEX and WIS scores and suddenly wound up with an AC of 19 rather than the 18 I had had before. Based on the behavior (and without any knowledge of the sheet's html or html in general) it looks like the custom AC option is doing a flat change to the AC so that it becomes 10 + whatever the second attribute selected is which then becomes the new "base" score instead of 10. The work around I've found is that you just toggle the custom AC on off once you've made your changes to the sheet and then it recalc's correctly.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Aquaricat said: Just a couple notes on what is overall a great sheet - - Seems like any time my AC changes for any reason, the Monk/Barbarian tweak breaks, and won't work again until I delete the attributes and reset it from scratch. - My spell casting ability resets to None every time I level up.  (Monk base class, which DOES have a wisdom based spell casting ability, but multiclass fighter & cleric as well). Okay, I'll take a look.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Just as a note on Monk/Barbarian AC, there's another option other than the Custom AC, which is to create a weightless item that represents the AC bonus as a way of having it more integrated in the AC auto-calculations.

Edited 1471885806
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Steve K. said: Just as a note on Monk/Barbarian AC, there's another option other than the Custom AC, which is to create a weightless item that represents the AC bonus as a way of having it more integrated in the AC auto-calculations. While that is a good idea, it's not really any better  that much better than toggling custom ac on/off or redoing the custom AC for any change since you can't link it to the wisdom mod that way, although it might be worth it to allow the mods field to parse things like floor, ceil, and arithmetic; in which case this could easily make the custom AC option obsolete. Also, as I was fooling around in the settings page of the sheet, I noticed the field that says "class options (monk)" in my case. What does this do (doesn't look like it's editable in any way).
I'm very new to this, and trying to understand.  This morning I changed to pro, and added in the companion script.  Spell slot tracker is amazing!  It took me an hour, but I eventually got the longrest command into a macro that works on selected tokens so I don't have to type player names.  (That shows you how much a beginner I am.)   My question is with the ammo tracking.  How do you link a weapon to its ammunition?  I'm attempting to link a longbow to arrows.  I see a ticker in arrows to use as a resource.  That lists it in the resources box.  But I don't find a way to link them to longbow, neither in the inventory longbow window, nor in the attacks longbow window.  I'm sure I am missing something simple, but I just can't find it.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott C. said: Also, as I was fooling around in the settings page of the sheet, I noticed the field that says "class options (monk)" in my case. What does this do (doesn't look like it's editable in any way). That's the section label. It's determined by your main class.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Paul L. said: I found @{selected|npc_skillsbase} but it is inconsistent. For example, when I used it with an orc (I had dragged all the info over from the srd listing) it listed the intimidation skill bonus, with a jackalwere it lists the perception and stealth bonuses but not the deception bonus; with the faerie dragon it didn't list any of its skill bonuses (I created both of those from scratch). The 5th Edition SRD Compendium only contains what is provided by WotC's SRD5. The SRD5 only provides skill bonuses for a few of each creature's skills. As such, the Compendium only provides Attributes for those skill bonuses.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Alan M. said: I'm very new to this, and trying to understand. &nbsp;This morning I changed to pro, and added in the companion script. &nbsp;Spell slot tracker is amazing! &nbsp;It took me an hour, but I eventually got the longrest command into a macro that works on selected tokens so I don't have to type player names. &nbsp;(That shows you how much a beginner I am.) &nbsp; My question is with the ammo tracking. &nbsp;How do you link a weapon to its ammunition? &nbsp;I'm attempting to link a longbow to arrows. &nbsp;I see a ticker in arrows to use as a resource. &nbsp;That lists it in the resources box. &nbsp;But I don't find a way to link them to longbow, neither in the inventory longbow window, nor in the attacks longbow window. &nbsp;I'm sure I am missing something simple, but I just can't find it. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20#Automatic_Ammunition_Tracking" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20#Automatic_Ammunition_Tracking</a>
Steve K. said <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20#Automatic_Ammunition_Tracking" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20#Automatic_Ammunition_Tracking</a> That worked great! &nbsp;I was missing the step in the options part of the character sheet. &nbsp;Thank you so much.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I've been playing around with the resources repeating sections. Anyone know how to reference the values of the additional rows of resources? The tooltip says @{repeating_resource_left} and @{repeating_resource_right}, but it says that for all the rows. I'm guessing there has to be a $X in there somewhere. Anyone have an idea of where to put it or if it uses a different numbering format?
Silvyre said: Another way to hide the {{name=@{npc_name}}} property output by Roll Templates is as follows: On the Attributes & Abilities Tab , +Add a new Attribute. Name this Attribute charname_output Give this Attribute a Current value of {{name=}} If you have access to the API, you can use a script like ChatSetAttr to easily add this Attribute to all currently existing Characters. This worked great. &nbsp;Thanks so much for your suggestion and help! &nbsp;Both the API script and adding the attribute worked as advertised! :)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott C. said: I've been playing around with the resources repeating sections. Anyone know how to reference the values of the additional rows of resources? The tooltip says @{repeating_resource_left} and @{repeating_resource_right}, but it says that for all the rows. I'm guessing there has to be a $X in there somewhere. Anyone have an idea of where to put it or if it uses a different numbering format? You can access repeating sections in one of two ways, by ID or by Index. The ID of the repeating section is different and unique for each section. For example resource_left would look something like this: @{repeating_resource_-KFe2MtfvUTW1dQrvcps_resource_left} By ID you would reference which repeating section by the index: @{repeating_resource_$0_resource_left}
Hello - I am trying to use !longrest with the updated API and all I'm getting is a message in the sandbox like this: {"name":"HP","current":"90","max":"90","_id":"-JeSBmNodQyJ5PllaIUJ","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-Je8R1jNfKmZfSnsyrt0"} The actual HP are not updating. Spell slot counts are resetting correctly, but not HP. I can't find any clear instructions about !longrest other than to put the character name in.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Joshua V. said: Hello - I am trying to use !longrest with the updated API and all I'm getting is a message in the sandbox like this: {"name":"HP","current":"90","max":"90","_id":"-JeSBmNodQyJ5PllaIUJ","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-Je8R1jNfKmZfSnsyrt0"} The actual HP are not updating. Spell slot counts are resetting correctly, but not HP. I can't find any clear instructions about !longrest other than to put the character name in. Is it possible that the hp attribute has been manually set, perhaps on another version of a 5E sheet you were using before? If that's the case try finding hp on the Attribute and Abilities tab and deleting it and re-entering the character's hp. Let me know if that doesn't solve your issue.

Edited 1472230021
Steve K. said: Joshua V. said: Hello - I am trying to use !longrest with the updated API and all I'm getting is a message in the sandbox like this: {"name":"HP","current":"90","max":"90","_id":"-JeSBmNodQyJ5PllaIUJ","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-Je8R1jNfKmZfSnsyrt0"} The actual HP are not updating. Spell slot counts are resetting correctly, but not HP. I can't find any clear instructions about !longrest other than to put the character name in. Is it possible that the hp attribute has been manually set, perhaps on another version of a 5E sheet you were using before? If that's the case try finding hp on the Attribute and Abilities tab and deleting it and re-entering the character's hp. Let me know if that doesn't solve your issue. Thanks. That was it. I deleted the old attribute and put HP back into the sheet. Now I just need to update the tokens. PS - just renaming the attribute worked. The old versions were "HP" but needed to be "hp". Didn't have to change anything else.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Steve K. said: Scott C. said: I've been playing around with the resources repeating sections. Anyone know how to reference the values of the additional rows of resources? The tooltip says @{repeating_resource_left} and @{repeating_resource_right}, but it says that for all the rows. I'm guessing there has to be a $X in there somewhere. Anyone have an idea of where to put it or if it uses a different numbering format? You can access repeating sections in one of two ways, by ID or by Index. The ID of the repeating section is different and unique for each section. For example resource_left would look something like this: @{repeating_resource_-KFe2MtfvUTW1dQrvcps_resource_left} By ID you would reference which repeating section by the index: @{repeating_resource_$0_resource_left} Ah, that was the issue, the tooltip just has resource_left instead of resource_$X/id_resource_left. I'll try that out.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Well, that worked perfectly, how would I reference some of the global modifiers on the settings page (like global saving throw modifier). Alternatively, is there a way I could use the item MODS field to apply the +1 saving throw bonus from a cloak of protection?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott C. said: Well, that worked perfectly, how would I reference some of the global modifiers on the settings page (like global saving throw modifier). Alternatively, is there a way I could use the item MODS field to apply the +1 saving throw bonus from a cloak of protection? You can get the names of attributes by inspecting them. Or, adding a value to them which will cause them to be added to the bottom of the Attributes and Abilities tab. For example the global save mod is&nbsp;globalsavemod, I.E. @{character_name|globalsavemod} This mod gets adjusted when you add or remove items that give global bonuses. Check out Cloak of Protection as an example.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gah, I keep forgetting about drag and drop from the compendium.

Edited 1472673266
How do you delete an attack or inventory line? Deleting all the info in them just seems to leave a blank line, and I see no button to delete them. Edit: Never-mind, found the unlock button that lets you delete items. I feel dumb.

Edited 1472673415
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Joshua W. said: How do you delete an attack or inventory line? For anyone else that's curious: at the bottom of a repeating section, click on the padlock icon to edit the section. Then, click on the red delete icon on top of the repeating row.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Silvyre said: Joshua W. said: How do you delete an attack or inventory line? For anyone else that's curious: at the bottom of a repeating section, click on the padlock icon to edit the section. Then, click on the red delete icon on top of the repeating row. You can also re-arrange the order of items while the padlock is unlocked.
Silvyre said: Another way to hide the {{name=@{npc_name}}} property output by Roll Templates is as follows: On the Attributes & Abilities Tab , +Add a new Attribute. Name this Attribute charname_output Give this Attribute a Current value of {{name=}} If you have access to the API, you can use a script like ChatSetAttr to easily add this Attribute to all currently existing Characters. I change the name on the NPC charactersheet to @{selected|token_name} and only ever access the actions from a token. The main benefit with this is that if I have two zombies, the players see things like "mutilated corpse" and "shambling undead" and don't immediately know what kind of monster they are facing. Even when it is a more obvious creature, the chat shows Wolf 1 or Wolf 2 rather than just Wolf.

Edited 1473002582
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Found a miscalculated field on the sheet (or I'm misunderstanding what it is supposed to be doing). The magic bonus field, which I'm assuming is where you would put the bonus from a +X weapon or +X ammo, only applies to damage. According to the DMG, it should apply to attacks as well. Ignore that, was apparently just not tabbing out of the field before testing it. And on the note of ammo, would it be possible to change that magic bonus field so that it will allow a query in it (for when you have multiple types of ammo)?
Is it possible to change the critical range on NPC attack, and if so, how?
I routinely see situations where changes to the character sheet are not reflected in the display until refreshing the browser or even exiting and re-entering the campaign. For instance, I just made a sheet for a named NPC by copying the generic monster sheet and setting the hit points to hard-coded numbers in both the hit point and hit point formula fields. &nbsp;The change is active because I see the number I set written to the chat window when I click on the hit point formula field. &nbsp;But the sheet is not showing that number, it still displays the original formula. This same sort of update problem has happened on both PC and NPC sheets and seems to occur in any field. &nbsp;Is there some way to refresh the sheet without refreshing the browser or exiting the campaign (obviously disruptive options, especially during game play)? &nbsp;Better yet, is this something to already in the queue of things to be fixed?
Is there a simple way of adding temporary bonuses to attack calculations somewhere I cannot see? Trying to add for instance +1d4 or 1d4 or #Bless (macro that does [[1d4]]) to the MOD field of a weapon attack always fails to calculate. I see that there is a global spell attack modifier, why is there no such thing for regular attacks?
Is there a way to add custom multipliers in calculating the maximum carry weight of a character? This is just for traits like a goliath's powerful build trait or a mount's beast of burden trait. Are there plans to give inventory with weight tracking to an mount/npc?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott C. said: And on the note of ammo, would it be possible to change that magic bonus field so that it will allow a query in it (for when you have multiple types of ammo)? Yes. Just put the roll query in the AMMUNITION field. It would look something like this: ?{Ammo Type|Arrows,-KBnC75egF7Ht0au_k6G|Bolts,-KFe2RujvoVlAeRkPzfe}
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
ttzdrkpl said: Is it possible to change the critical range on NPC attack, and if so, how? Not currently. If your NPC has PC like features like custom crit ranges, you can use the character sheet instead of the NPC sheet, or add a custom attack macro button for that NPC.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
BGB said: I routinely see situations where changes to the character sheet are not reflected in the display until refreshing the browser or even exiting and re-entering the campaign. When you click off of an input field, this triggers a blur event which updates the sheet and triggers and sheet workers or logic. Are you saying when you change, lets say, an attribute score from 10 to 12, the attribute modifier just above it doesn't change if you click anywhere else on the sheet?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kristian J. said: Is there a simple way of adding temporary bonuses to attack calculations somewhere I cannot see? Trying to add for instance +1d4 or 1d4 or #Bless (macro that does [[1d4]]) to the MOD field of a weapon attack always fails to calculate. I see that there is a global spell attack modifier, why is there no such thing for regular attacks? If it's a static bonus, you can input the bonus right after the attack attribute modifier. If you want a variable bonus you could add an inline roll to the description. "Bless: +[[1d4]] to hit"
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
inkcheese said: Is there a way to add custom multipliers in calculating the maximum carry weight of a character? This is just for traits like a goliath's powerful build trait or a mount's beast of burden trait. Are there plans to give inventory with weight tracking to an mount/npc? I didn't go that granular with my first pass of the inventory system. It might come with another pass. For now you could create a new character that's the beast and use their inventory. Or, if fine tracking of inventory and weight isn't a big deal when it comes to beasts of burden just track it on the Bio tab or switch to simple inventory from the settings tab.
Steve K. said: Kristian J. said: Is there a simple way of adding temporary bonuses to attack calculations somewhere I cannot see? Trying to add for instance +1d4 or 1d4 or #Bless (macro that does [[1d4]]) to the MOD field of a weapon attack always fails to calculate. I see that there is a global spell attack modifier, why is there no such thing for regular attacks? If it's a static bonus, you can input the bonus right after the attack attribute modifier. If you want a variable bonus you could add an inline roll to the description. "Bless: +[[1d4]] to hit" But that's such an unsatisfying way of doing it. It would be really nice to have a global attack modifier, much like the global spell attack modifier. In order to get the desired effect I've ended up making a whole bunch of custom abilities to match the desired result. @{Evkar Brightscale|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+8}} {{rname=Adamantine Greatsword}} {{r1=[[1d20+1+ #GetSTRMODEvkar +#GetPBEvkar -5 +#GetCHAMODEvkar ]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+1+ #GetSTRMODEvkar +#GetPBEvkar -5 +#GetCHAMODEvkar ]]}} {{attack=0}} {{range=5 feet}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[2d6ro&lt;2 +#GetSTRMODEvkar +10 ]] }} {{dmg1type=Slashing}} {{damage=1}} {{crit1=[[2d6ro&lt;2]]}} ammo=Fists {{charname=Evkar Brightscale}} {{desc=Great Weapon Master + Sacred Weapon}} This works very well, where the GetSTRMODEvkar is a simple macro that simply returns [[@{Character Name|strength_mod}]], and #Bless is a macro that returns [[1d4]]. If work is still being done on the sheet, a global attack modifier field would be greatly appriciated.

Edited 1473182902
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Steve K. said: Scott C. said: And on the note of ammo, would it be possible to change that magic bonus field so that it will allow a query in it (for when you have multiple types of ammo)? Yes. Just put the roll query in the AMMUNITION field. It would look something like this: ?{Ammo Type|Arrows,-KBnC75egF7Ht0au_k6G|Bolts,-KFe2RujvoVlAeRkPzfe} Hmmm, ok, perhaps I'm not understanding that correctly, but wouldn't that just allow ammo tracking if the API is active? How could I get the +1 bonus to attack and damage applied that the +1 ammo should grant? EDIT: also, how do i find the attribute (or is it an ability) ID that you're showing an example of there?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kristian J. said: Steve K. said: Kristian J. said: Is there a simple way of adding temporary bonuses to attack calculations somewhere I cannot see? Trying to add for instance +1d4 or 1d4 or #Bless (macro that does [[1d4]]) to the MOD field of a weapon attack always fails to calculate. I see that there is a global spell attack modifier, why is there no such thing for regular attacks? If it's a static bonus, you can input the bonus right after the attack attribute modifier. If you want a variable bonus you could add an inline roll to the description. "Bless: +[[1d4]] to hit" But that's such an unsatisfying way of doing it. It would be really nice to have a global attack modifier, much like the global spell attack modifier. In order to get the desired effect I've ended up making a whole bunch of custom abilities to match the desired result. @{Evkar Brightscale|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+8}} {{rname=Adamantine Greatsword}} {{r1=[[1d20+1+ #GetSTRMODEvkar +#GetPBEvkar -5 +#GetCHAMODEvkar ]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+1+ #GetSTRMODEvkar +#GetPBEvkar -5 +#GetCHAMODEvkar ]]}} {{attack=0}} {{range=5 feet}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[2d6ro&lt;2 +#GetSTRMODEvkar +10 ]] }} {{dmg1type=Slashing}} {{damage=1}} {{crit1=[[2d6ro&lt;2]]}} ammo=Fists {{charname=Evkar Brightscale}} {{desc=Great Weapon Master + Sacred Weapon}} This works very well, where the GetSTRMODEvkar is a simple macro that simply returns [[@{Character Name|strength_mod}]], and #Bless is a macro that returns [[1d4]]. If work is still being done on the sheet, a global attack modifier field would be greatly appriciated. Just curious, why do you have #GetSTRMODEvkar? you could just put [[@{strength_mod}]] in there instead and it'll do the same thing. And isn't Bless only good for a single roll? Seems like a lot of work for a bonus that will only be active on a single roll some of the time.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott C. said: Steve K. said: Scott C. said: And on the note of ammo, would it be possible to change that magic bonus field so that it will allow a query in it (for when you have multiple types of ammo)? Yes. Just put the roll query in the AMMUNITION field. It would look something like this: ?{Ammo Type|Arrows,-KBnC75egF7Ht0au_k6G|Bolts,-KFe2RujvoVlAeRkPzfe} Hmmm, ok, perhaps I'm not understanding that correctly, but wouldn't that just allow ammo tracking if the API is active? How could I get the +1 bonus to attack and damage applied that the +1 ammo should grant? EDIT: also, how do i find the attribute (or is it an ability) ID that you're showing an example of there? Sorry, what I suggested you'd put in the AMMUNITION field and is only for querying using one type of ammo or another. As for a query to the attack and damage for ammo for weapon, the sheet workers don't handle queries. So, I'd recommend setting them up as seperate attacks, IE Longbow/Arrows vs Longbow/Arrows+1
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
ok, I think I'll keep it the way I have it which is a query in the description for what ammo to use, and then just add the +1/2/3 to the attack/damage in my head (not exactly hard head math after all). Although, since the ammo part of the template comes after the description in the sheets default roll template output I might move this to the ammo field so that it only prompts me when I make the attack, not when I make the damage roll as well.
Scott C. said: Kristian J. said: Steve K. said: Kristian J. said: Is there a simple way of adding temporary bonuses to attack calculations somewhere I cannot see? Trying to add for instance +1d4 or 1d4 or #Bless (macro that does [[1d4]]) to the MOD field of a weapon attack always fails to calculate. I see that there is a global spell attack modifier, why is there no such thing for regular attacks? If it's a static bonus, you can input the bonus right after the attack attribute modifier. If you want a variable bonus you could add an inline roll to the description. "Bless: +[[1d4]] to hit" But that's such an unsatisfying way of doing it. It would be really nice to have a global attack modifier, much like the global spell attack modifier. In order to get the desired effect I've ended up making a whole bunch of custom abilities to match the desired result. @{Evkar Brightscale|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+8}} {{rname=Adamantine Greatsword}} {{r1=[[1d20+1+ #GetSTRMODEvkar +#GetPBEvkar -5 +#GetCHAMODEvkar ]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+1+ #GetSTRMODEvkar +#GetPBEvkar -5 +#GetCHAMODEvkar ]]}} {{attack=0}} {{range=5 feet}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[2d6ro&lt;2 +#GetSTRMODEvkar +10 ]] }} {{dmg1type=Slashing}} {{damage=1}} {{crit1=[[2d6ro&lt;2]]}} ammo=Fists {{charname=Evkar Brightscale}} {{desc=Great Weapon Master + Sacred Weapon}} This works very well, where the GetSTRMODEvkar is a simple macro that simply returns [[@{Character Name|strength_mod}]], and #Bless is a macro that returns [[1d4]]. If work is still being done on the sheet, a global attack modifier field would be greatly appriciated. Just curious, why do you have #GetSTRMODEvkar? you could just put [[@{strength_mod}]] in there instead and it'll do the same thing. And isn't Bless only good for a single roll? Seems like a lot of work for a bonus that will only be active on a single roll some of the time. Bless lasts for a minute, so its essentially for the duration of an encounter. The GetStuff macroes were made in order to be able to read the hovertext of the rolls. Since it then Simply reads as 1d20+x+y+z instead of the full calculation of the STR mod, or proficiency bonus. The #Bless macro was actually required, since otherwise the template would apply critical hit dmg whenever the bless die rolled a 4.

Edited 1473186811
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kristian J. said: Bless lasts for a minute, so its essentially for the duration of an encounter. The GetStuff macroes were made in order to be able to read the hovertext of the rolls. Since it then Simply reads as 1d20+x+y+z instead of the full calculation of the STR mod, or proficiency bonus. The #Bless macro was actually required, since otherwise the template would apply critical hit dmg whenever the bless die rolled a 4. Ah, ok, you could also just add another set of inline roll brackets around them, although if the macro way works, that's cool too. EDIT: hah, gonna have to let my GM know that about Bless (this is my first 5e game). We were doing it as a one time bonus. Should be very helpful for surviving our crazy GM ;).
For spells like thunderwave, where there's a damage roll and some flavour text "Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you.' However I can't see a way of making the flavour text come out whilst also rolling the damage, does the player just have to remember the flavour?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A quick and dirty way (from my limited understanding of the 5e OGL sheet) would be to take the flavour text that is added from the SRD as standard and add it to the damage roll in single square brackets '[]': This will mean that when you cast the spell you will be able to hover over the damage result and read the full flavour as a notation. The spell already summarises the effects if a save is made so you don't need the full text, just the bits that help apply the damage and other effects: Hope that helps as a workaround until more knowledgeable people can come along?

Edited 1473258420
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You could also add flavor text to the 'Type' field. e.g. "Thunder within 15' cube".
Steve K. said: BGB said: I routinely see situations where changes to the character sheet are not reflected in the display until refreshing the browser or even exiting and re-entering the campaign. When you click off of an input field, this triggers a blur event which updates the sheet and triggers and sheet workers or logic. Are you saying when you change, lets say, an attribute score from 10 to 12, the attribute modifier just above it doesn't change if you click anywhere else on the sheet? It seems to happen with any field. &nbsp;I've noticed it most when changing the hit point formula and the change was not reflected on the sheet after hitting the gear to close the edit view. &nbsp;This is usually just a display effect - clicking the formula rolled the correct value, although there have been a few occasions on the PC side where spells and attacks seem to get stuck into an unchangeable state that is only fixed by reloading or exiting the campaign. After more tinkering, it does look like the sheet worker is not keeping up or not getting triggered. &nbsp;After posting the question, I edited a couple of dozen NPC sheets. &nbsp;Before closing the edit view, I tabbed over several fields and made myself wait a couple of seconds. &nbsp;Every time I did that, the edit occurred as expected.

Edited 1473266735
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gabriel403 said: For spells like thunderwave, where there's a damage roll and some flavour text "Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you.' However I can't see a way of making the flavour text come out whilst also rolling the damage, does the player just have to remember the flavour? I'm assuming that you are using the attack output for this. This duplicates the spell in your attacks section on the core part of the sheet. You can enter descriptive text in the description field there, and it will display when you click the spell (clicking or calling the spell triggers the attack). Spell input &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Attack input
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thunderwave already mentions in the save section you save vs being pushed. If you wanted to add more info, you could use the DESCRIPTION section.