Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.6

Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
GenKitty said: Colin said (over here ): Something has gotten mucked up with my character sheet, I cannot get my global AC and Saving Throw Modifier settings to kick in on my character sheet (Orel Marsk) in my game . It's worked fine for my other characters in other games, so not sure what the story is. I've played with the gear menu setting and the attributes and abilities tab, but no luck. Was this character copied over from a previous sheet, like the community or shaped sheets? If so, the issue is probably stuck modifiers that need to be manually removed from the Attributes and Abilities tab. If that's not the case, did you change any of the sheet settings on the settings (gear) character sheet tab? If that's not the case, can you check your console for any errors that might be interupting the sheet workers?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
GenKitty said: Mark R. said (over here ): I am having this issue as well with my players. The Global DC modifier is being added to the number at the top of the Spells page, but it is not being factored into the DC showing up in the Attacks & Spellcasting section of the Core page. Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like the DC output when the spell is cast to the chat is correct, but it's not updating the spell DC in the attack section. I'll get this fixed for the next update.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Franky H. said: Joel P. said  here Hi, i'm trying to cast "Chill touch" using a macro in a 5e D&D game i'm in and nothing is coming up in chat. All it does is quite literally post in the chat nothing next to my name. I noticed it also happened with another spell called "Ray of Sickness" but all my other spells are working. any help? Can you provide a screen shot of what the spell's settings look like? The other thing you can do it after rolling the spell and getting nothing back, hit the up key and get the formula and paste that here too so we can further assist you.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Aaron GM said: I am trying to incorporate Vicious weapons properly for a Champion. (crits 18-20, but vicious only on 20) Any way to do this in the sheet when making a weapon? Not automatically. I'd recommend handling it with a roll query: CRIT RANGE: 18 CRIT: 1d8+?{Natural 20?|No,0|Yes,2d6}
Steve K. said: Aaron GM said: I am trying to incorporate Vicious weapons properly for a Champion. (crits 18-20, but vicious only on 20) Any way to do this in the sheet when making a weapon? Not automatically. I'd recommend handling it with a roll query: CRIT RANGE: 18 CRIT: 1d8+?{Natural 20?|No,0|Yes,2d6} How are they going to know it's a natural twenty before the roll is finished and displayed in chat? The query has to be answered first before the roll is done. Unless they turn of auto-dmg rolling.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
SkyCaptainXIII said: Steve K. said: Aaron GM said: I am trying to incorporate Vicious weapons properly for a Champion. (crits 18-20, but vicious only on 20) Any way to do this in the sheet when making a weapon? Not automatically. I'd recommend handling it with a roll query: CRIT RANGE: 18 CRIT: 1d8+?{Natural 20?|No,0|Yes,2d6} How are they going to know it's a natural twenty before the roll is finished and displayed in chat? The query has to be answered first before the roll is done. Unless they turn of auto-dmg rolling. I'd say, the best option would be use of an API or ability command button that you can click in the chat menu if you do roll a nat 20. Something like this in the weapon's description field: API command button method: [Vicious](!
[[2d6]]) Ability command button method: [Vicious(~CharName|repeating_attack_$X_attack) //Replace X with the row index for your Vicious damage ability. repeating sections are indexed starting at 0
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
SkyCaptainXIII said: Steve K. said: Aaron GM said: I am trying to incorporate Vicious weapons properly for a Champion. (crits 18-20, but vicious only on 20) Any way to do this in the sheet when making a weapon? Not automatically. I'd recommend handling it with a roll query: CRIT RANGE: 18 CRIT: 1d8+?{Natural 20?|No,0|Yes,2d6} How are they going to know it's a natural twenty before the roll is finished and displayed in chat? The query has to be answered first before the roll is done. Unless they turn of auto-dmg rolling. I assumed they weren't use auto damage rolling, since it's not the default method. If they want to use auto damage rolling, I'd recommend having a macro/token action to roll the extra damage. Maybe format it in the roll template for the 5% of attack rolls where this extra damage would apply.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott C. said: I'd say, the best option would be use of an API or ability command button that you can click in the chat menu if you do roll a nat 20. Something like this in the weapon's description field: API command button method: [Vicious](!
[[2d6]]) Ability command button method: [Vicious(~CharName|repeating_attack_$X_attack) //Replace X with the row index for your Vicious damage ability. repeating sections are indexed starting at 0 This is pretty clever. Fancier than a macro/token action button but heavier on the chat. You could even put it in the description of the attack and have it output the damage with the damage template so that the 2d6 if formatted with the rest of the roll.

Edited 1488836405
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Steve K. said: Scott C. said: I'd say, the best option would be use of an API or ability command button that you can click in the chat menu if you do roll a nat 20. Something like this in the weapon's description field: API command button method: [Vicious](! [[2d6]]) Ability command button method: [Vicious(~CharName|repeating_attack_$X_attack) //Replace X with the row index for your Vicious damage ability. repeating sections are indexed starting at 0 This is pretty clever. Fancier than a macro/token action button but heavier on the chat. You could even put it in the description of the attack and have it output the damage with the damage template so that the 2d6 if formatted with the rest of the roll. Yeah, I like using the buttons methods. In addition if we can get the formatting to be universal between all the 5e OGL templates, then it won't even be the vibrant pink box of the default button appearance.*nudge nudge* ;)
Thanks for the help. Leaning towards the Ability Command button method. I assume it is supposed to be [Vicious] , for that method as well?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
ah, yes, typo on my part, sorry for that
Is there anywhere a list of all attributes and their meanings?

Edited 1488871815
Is there a way to trigger higher level spell casting on your own spells you enter or does that only work on spells dragged from the compendium? Never mind... found it.

Edited 1488913471
Kyle G. said: SkyCaptainXIII said: [BUG] %{Selected|npc_perception} is not properly applying any modifiers to the perception roll. Such as a Goblin with -1 Wisdom modifier. Or the Giant Boar or the Skeleton. Just tested those three and they're all not grabbing the right modifiers, even after setting @{selected|npc_perception} to zero. It grabs the zero, but does not grab the -1 wisdom modifier in the Goblin's case. This is not a bug, the npc skills are not automatically calculated like pc skills. Because of this you will need to make a slightly more complicated macro such as: [[@{npcd_wis_mod}*{1@{npc_perception}0,0}=10+0@{npc_perception}]] This confused me for a while; could someone check my logic below?  Breaking it down into bits I get: [[{1@{npc_perception}0,0}=10]] : This essentially checks to see if @{npc_perception} is defined.  If it is not defined, this returns a 1 (as 10=10).  If it is defined (e.g. adult blue dragon with @{npc_perception} = 12), this returns a 0 (as 1120 is not equal to 10).   [[@{npcd_wis_mod}*{1@{npc_perception}0,0}=10]] : Then, it multiplies the above (1 or 0) by the wisdom modifier.  For the goblin, this is (-1)*(1) = -1, and the adult blue dragon is (+2)*(0) = 0.  This is done to prevent double counting the wisdom modifier for a perception check. [[@{npcd_wis_mod}*{1@{npc_perception}0,0}=10+0@{npc_perception}]] : It finally adds either 0 (if the perception is undefined), or the perception modifier, to the above.  For the goblin, this results in (-1)*(1)+0 = -1, and the adult blue dragon is (+2)*(0)+12 = 12.  These are the correct modifiers to add to a d20 for perception checks. Did I reason through it correctly?  I think the biggest confusion was the order of operations in the dice roll, concerning the {}=10 portion.
Jason S. said: Kyle G. said: SkyCaptainXIII said: [BUG] %{Selected|npc_perception} is not properly applying any modifiers to the perception roll. Such as a Goblin with -1 Wisdom modifier. Or the Giant Boar or the Skeleton. Just tested those three and they're all not grabbing the right modifiers, even after setting @{selected|npc_perception} to zero. It grabs the zero, but does not grab the -1 wisdom modifier in the Goblin's case. This is not a bug, the npc skills are not automatically calculated like pc skills. Because of this you will need to make a slightly more complicated macro such as: [[@{npcd_wis_mod}*{1@{npc_perception}0,0}=10+0@{npc_perception}]] This confused me for a while; could someone check my logic below?  Breaking it down into bits I get: [[{1@{npc_perception}0,0}=10]] : This essentially checks to see if @{npc_perception} is defined.  If it is not defined, this returns a 1 (as 10=10).  If it is defined (e.g. adult blue dragon with @{npc_perception} = 12), this returns a 0 (as 1120 is not equal to 10).   [[@{npcd_wis_mod}*{1@{npc_perception}0,0}=10]] : Then, it multiplies the above (1 or 0) by the wisdom modifier.  For the goblin, this is (-1)*(1) = -1, and the adult blue dragon is (+2)*(0) = 0.  This is done to prevent double counting the wisdom modifier for a perception check. [[@{npcd_wis_mod}*{1@{npc_perception}0,0}=10+0@{npc_perception}]] : It finally adds either 0 (if the perception is undefined), or the perception modifier, to the above.  For the goblin, this results in (-1)*(1)+0 = -1, and the adult blue dragon is (+2)*(0)+12 = 12.  These are the correct modifiers to add to a d20 for perception checks. Did I reason through it correctly?  I think the biggest confusion was the order of operations in the dice roll, concerning the {}=10 portion. From Silvyre  here {1@{npc_stealth}0, 0}=10 resolves to equal 1 if @{npc_stealth} does not exist (or has no Current value). More simply, {10, 0}=10 is a Grouped Roll that is appended with a Grouped Roll Modifier , specifically for a Target Number . It resolves to equal 1 because one of its sub-roll expressions satisfies the Target Number condition.
Ok I'm running lost mines of Phandelver and finally bought the monster manual. I don't see it under the compendiums tab. Is there something I have to do to import it into my game or did it auto update the monsters section in there?
The monster manual isn't it's own tab. It just adds all the monsters to the Compendium.
This is a wish list item for the 5th Edition OGL by Roll20. Me and my players are new to 5 Ed and we have to look stuff up a lot such has The Half-orc Savage Attacks : When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon Attack , you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit. This adds a lot of stuff to the character sheet. I have been adding this stuff to the spell cantip page for now. I have just learned how to link handouts. Can you make it so we can link to the handouts within the character sheet or even better link to the section in the Compendium. This way I can add a line like [Savage Attacks:] and that will open the handout Savage Attacks: for the players when they would click on it. Or even better the info from the Compendium.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Craven . said: Can you make it so we can link to the handouts within the character sheet or even better link to the section in the Compendium. This way I can add a line like [Savage Attacks:] and that will open the handout Savage Attacks: for the players when they would click on it. Or even better the info from the Compendium. You can create a handout of a compendium page by dragging and dropping it onto the tabletop. You can then link that like any other handout. That said, the idea is that static character traits like Savage Attacks is supposed to get detailed in the Features & Traits section. You could also just have a list of names in that section with links to the Handouts in either the character's Bio section or in a special handout given to you by the GM for reference.
The "Prep" marker (red dot) for spells doesn't seem to consistently appear/disappear based on the prep setting for a given spell. I have some that just seem stuck, even when I uncheck Prep.

Edited 1489072322
Is there going to be any documentation uploaded to the Wiki in regards to the companion script for the 5e OGL sheet? I think some of the functions/commands could use some more in-depth explanation and use-cases for the uninitiated. For instance, I still don't understand how the autonpctoken function works. I see the HP get rolled in chat, but I don't see a token generated anywhere on the map as the current documentation leads one to believe. To add on to Todd B's post, I have also noticed that some spell slots seem to get corrupted and the name of the spell will not show up until completely deleting the spell and re-adding it to the sheet. Sometimes even this doesn't work. Seems to happen if multiple people are looking at the same sheet at once.
Steve K. said: Craven . said: Can you make it so we can link to the handouts within the character sheet or even better link to the section in the Compendium. This way I can add a line like [Savage Attacks:] and that will open the handout Savage Attacks: for the players when they would click on it. Or even better the info from the Compendium. You can create a handout of a compendium page by dragging and dropping it onto the tabletop. You can then link that like any other handout. That said, the idea is that static character traits like Savage Attacks is supposed to get detailed in the Features & Traits section. You could also just have a list of names in that section with links to the Handouts in either the character's Bio section or in a special handout given to you by the GM for reference. That is the problem linking doesn't work in the text sections of the character sheet. A would be a feature I would like to see.

Edited 1489124266
5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Try to create a simply macro to show to max HP of a selected token &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{rname=Max HP for: }} {{description=@{selected|hp_max}}} but it seems that hp_max is not pulling the data. If I change it to {{description=@{selected|hp}}} for testing, that will work but I want the max value. Yes the character sheet is setup with the max value and link to the token. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance Craven

Edited 1489124544
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Use @{selected|hp|max}, which calls the Max value of the "hp" Attribute instead of trying to call the Current value of the non-existent "hp_max" Attribute.
Silvyre said: Use @{selected|hp|max}, which calls the Max value of the "hp" Attribute instead of trying to call the Current value of the non-existent "hp_max" Attribute. It works thank you very much.

Edited 1489131665
So what's up with the spells missing from the compendium? Ray of Sickness to name one.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kitten said: So what's up with the spells missing from the compendium? Ray of Sickness to name one. The 5th Edition SRD Compendium can only contain information (such as race and class options, feats, spells, treasure, monsters, etc.) that is located within WoTC's Systems Reference Document . If WoTC releases more SRD content under an Open Gaming License, you can count on that being added to the Compendium.
Hello, I was hoping somebody could clarify an issue I seem to be having with the NPC sheet for the 5e OGL . I've given a custom monster with a +3 WIS mod the Spiritual Weapon spell by dragging it in from the compendium. I was testing the sheet to see if it worked properly, and I'm perplexed by the variables of the roll that Roll20 made. It looks like this Rolling 1d20cs>20+ 1[MOD]+ 2[PROF] = (4)+ 1+ 2 Shouldn't the MOD field have a 3 in it? Spiritual Weapon should roll a melee spell attack. The monster's spell attack modifier is set to WIS, and it doesn't even have a stat with a +1 modifier. Where is this number coming from? Any light that you could shed on this topic would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorry I didn't read the 12 pages of this topic, and this might have already been answered but I don't understand how the API death saves tracking works. I've put it on and made death save rolls but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Edited 1489351798
My death save API stop working. Looks like there was an update on the 10th. Did that cause an issue? Did it stop for anyone else? Status says its turn on. I have stop and restarted the script. I have turned deathsaves off and on again. Still not working. Update I copy my game over to the DevServer and the Death Saves are working.
Good afternoon, I've been using your&nbsp;5th Edition OGL Character Sheet and NPC Sheet since I joined Roll20 6 months ago. This is my first post in a Roll20 forum outside of my own game threads and I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone involved in the creation and upkeep of these simple, yet wonderful sheets. I did use the Shaped sheet in a game that I played in, but in all the games I DM I use your OGL Sheet.&nbsp; My question is about macros and I'm afraid it will reveal how little I understand about them in general. I have read the wiki, but I still am not able to write them myself. I first googled the topics I have questions about and was referred to posts on the now closed v1.4 thread. I didn't find the detailed type of explanation I need. I did find one incredible source of info about the sheet here:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbqdkGIa00" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbqdkGIa00</a> I copied the macros from that video to create all my monsters and NPC's. I love the token actions. As a DM it makes it so much easier to have everything in the token bar than to try to open all the NPC and Monster sheets. My vision is not great and I only have a single 18" monitor, so I am very thankful for the token action buttons. I suppose the first thing I should ask, because it would make it unnecessary to ask any further questions, is: Do you know of any other resource like the above listed video that I could just simply copy/paste to create token action buttons for my PC's, just like the ones I currently have for my monsters and NPC's. I tried just using the same macros in the PC sheet, but that didn't work. If you don't know of a resource I could copy, perhaps you could help me with the "Initiative Button" I'm currently working on. So far I've come up with this:&nbsp;/roll 1d20 &{tracker}. It works, but I'd like to refference the initiative modifier. I tried: /roll 1d20+@initiative_bonus &{tracker}. That didn't work. As you can see, I lack the most elemental knowledge of how and where to put parenthesis and anything else about macros.&nbsp; Thank you for your time and aid, Andy
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You can simply call the sheet generated macros in a custom ability that you set as a token action. See the&nbsp; 5e OGL wiki for the syntax for the repeating section abilities (attacks/spells/tools). As for the other abilities (skills, saves, initiative, ability checks, etc). The format for those is: Skills: %{CharName|skill_name}. As examples, perception is %{CharName|perception} and animal handling is %{CharName|animal_handling} Saves: %{CharName|ability_save}. For example strength is %{CharName|strength_save} Ability Checks: %{CharName|Ability}. For example strength is %{CharName|strength} Initiative is %{CharName|initiative} Replace "CharName" with the name of the character whose ability you are calling or with the selected or target keywords.
Andres D. said: Good afternoon, I've been using your&nbsp;5th Edition OGL Character Sheet and NPC Sheet since I joined Roll20 6 months ago. This is my first post in a Roll20 forum outside of my own game threads and I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone involved in the creation and upkeep of these simple, yet wonderful sheets. I did use the Shaped sheet in a game that I played in, but in all the games I DM I use your OGL Sheet.&nbsp; My question is about macros and I'm afraid it will reveal how little I understand about them in general. I have read the wiki, but I still am not able to write them myself. I first googled the topics I have questions about and was referred to posts on the now closed v1.4 thread. I didn't find the detailed type of explanation I need. I did find one incredible source of info about the sheet here:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbqdkGIa00" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbqdkGIa00</a> I copied the macros from that video to create all my monsters and NPC's. I love the token actions. As a DM it makes it so much easier to have everything in the token bar than to try to open all the NPC and Monster sheets. My vision is not great and I only have a single 18" monitor, so I am very thankful for the token action buttons. I suppose the first thing I should ask, because it would make it unnecessary to ask any further questions, is: Do you know of any other resource like the above listed video that I could just simply copy/paste to create token action buttons for my PC's, just like the ones I currently have for my monsters and NPC's. I tried just using the same macros in the PC sheet, but that didn't work. If you don't know of a resource I could copy, perhaps you could help me with the "Initiative Button" I'm currently working on. So far I've come up with this:&nbsp;/roll 1d20 &{tracker}. It works, but I'd like to refference the initiative modifier. I tried: /roll 1d20+@initiative_bonus &{tracker}. That didn't work. As you can see, I lack the most elemental knowledge of how and where to put parenthesis and anything else about macros.&nbsp; Thank you for your time and aid, Andy I have sent you a private message with some of the macros I have created.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kurt said: Hello, I was hoping somebody could clarify an issue I seem to be having with the NPC sheet for the 5e OGL . I've given a custom monster with a +3 WIS mod the Spiritual Weapon spell by dragging it in from the compendium. I was testing the sheet to see if it worked properly, and I'm perplexed by the variables of the roll that Roll20 made. It looks like this Rolling 1d20cs&gt;20+ 1[MOD]+ 2[PROF] = (4)+ 1+ 2 Shouldn't the MOD field have a 3 in it? Spiritual Weapon should roll a melee spell attack. The monster's spell attack modifier is set to WIS, and it doesn't even have a stat with a +1 modifier. Where is this number coming from? Any light that you could shed on this topic would be much appreciated. Thank you. I'm not sure where you're getting a proficiency bonus from. The NPC attack cards don't use it. The above example would have a total +4 to hit. For more information check out&nbsp; the wiki .
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Natha said: Sorry I didn't read the 12 pages of this topic, and this might have already been answered but I don't understand how the API death saves tracking works. I've put it on and made death save rolls but it doesn't seem to do anything. It looks like some of the template translations we did broke this functionality. We'll get a fix out for it.
Thank you gentlemen for your responses. I answered your PM Craven. I used your Initiative macro as a token action on all of my players sheets. It worked well thank you. But I noticed that it seems more complex than the one listed above by Scott. Do they both work equally well or is there a benefit to one or the other. Also thank you all for explaining this. I did look at the wiki Scott C. But I'm old and I couldn't make sense of it. If it isn't asking too much, could you give me a macro for the attack section of the PC sheet. I tried to make one, but it doesn't work with spells cast at a higher level. If you have to explain it to me as if I were a child, the better. I'm also interested in the API, but have even less knowledge of it. Any help or resources appreciated. My main goal with the API would be to have spell slots and arrows counted. Also the long rest you mentioned would be great. Is there a script for a short rest? Thank you all very much, Andy
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Andres D. said: If it isn't asking too much, could you give me a macro for the attack section of the PC sheet. I tried to make one, but it doesn't work with spells cast at a higher level. If you have to explain it to me as if I were a child, the better. So, I think where the confusion might be is that what I directed you to in the wiki and described for the skills, saves, and checks aren't macros in the same sense that doing a custom macro is. On the sheet, there are many buttons that you can click on to roll attacks, saves, skills, etc. In the 5e OGL sheet, these are all the name of thing. This means that the sheet has already generated abilities for each of these things, but they are slightly different and are called roll buttons. As far as invoking them, or calling them though, they are the same and still use the %{...} syntax. The benefit here is that you don't need to recreate the wheel, you can simply call the already existing roll buttons from the sheet in your token abilities. Take the strength save roll for example: The content of the roll button (essentially what you would put in a custom macro to recreate the roll button): strength_save: @{wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{strength-save-u}}} {{mod=[[[[@{strength_save_bonus}]][STR+PROF]@{globalsavingthrowbonus}]]}} {{r1=[[1d20@{halflingluck}+[[@{strength_save_bonus}]][STR+PROF]@{globalsavingthrowbonus}]]}} @{rtype}@{halflingluck}+[[@{strength_save_bonus}]][STR+PROF]@{globalsavingthrowbonus}]]}} @{charname_output} Now you can call this from chat or another ability just like you would an ability that you made on your attributes & abilities character tab: %{Character Name|strength_save} So, instead of putting the content of the strength_save roll button in a custom ability, we can simply put the ability call in. Think of this like a variable in math: y = 10+40 z= (x + y)/20 x=40 so, z = (40 + 10 +40)/2 = 90/2 = 45 Referencing these roll buttons is pretty simple when it's something like a save, skill, or check. However, referencing things in sections like the attacks or tools gets more complicated as these sections make use of a sheet element called a repeating section. Repeating sections have a programmatic naming scheme. The section of the wiki I linked to above has the naming scheme for all the repeating sections in the sheet (both PC and NPC sides). Here's an example of referencing a repeating attack though: From the wiki, we know that the attack section repeating rolls are in this format: %{selected|repeating_attack_$0_attack}. The 0 is the row index of the roll. Repeating section indexes start at 0, so referencing the first (top) ability of the section would have a "0" as the number, while referencing the third section would have a "2" as the number. I'm also interested in the API, but have even less knowledge of it. Any help or resources appreciated. My main goal with the API would be to have spell slots and arrows counted. Also the long rest you mentioned would be great. Is there a script for a short rest? Unfortunately, I don't know the OGL companion script that well. It does have ammo and spell slot tracking in it though. For the higher level spell slots not working, calling the spell with the %{...} syntax will be the exact same as clicking the spell name on the sheet, so casting it at a higher level will work just like it would from casting straight from the sheet. As for my method vs. Craven's, I'm not sure what exactly Craven's macros were, but in general, the benefit of custom macros is that you can apply some of the more esoteric abilities more easily and with more streamlining. The benefit of my roll-call method from the GM viewpoint is that you don't need to do all that macro work repeatedly. I should also point out that you can actually drag the roll buttons straight from the sheet and drop them on your bottom macro bar. While you as GM probably have too much going on to want to fill your macro bar up with macros from everything, this works very well for your players, and allows them to easily access their rolls regardless of having a token on the current page or not. Hope that helps, Scott
fenrhir
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Hello. Just found a bug, and I dunno if the problem comes from the character sheet or the companion script. Spells configured to display attack template are properly counted by the spellslot script (when using spell tracking, ofc). Spells configured to display spellcard template do not. After some test within the API, it seems that the API is not able to retrieve the proper level (then always showing "SPELL SLOT LEVEL ALL SLOTS EXPENDED" without even being able to display the spell level). This happens on all my games, even newly created ones for testing purpose. Otherwise, as usual, thank you for the good work here :) The OGL sheet allowed my reluctant players (who were hesitating to play online) to really feel comfortable with online roleplaying.
Can we get an option to NOT display npc names when using a roll from the character sheet? Please and thank you. I want to roll in the open, but can't keep the name hidden while doing so.

Edited 1489438659
Silvyre
Forum Champion
SkyCaptainXIII said: Can we get an option to NOT display npc names when using a roll from the character sheet? Please and thank you. I want to roll in the open, but can't keep the name hidden while doing so. As a workaround, you could add an Attribute named charname_output to your NPCs and give it a Current value of {{name=}} charname=@{character_name}

Edited 1489439496
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Picco T. said: HI, I did a stupid and emtied the content of the input field totalweight and now I cant get it to recalculate the weight. how can I fix this Could you try changing the weight of one of the items in your Equipment block? This should force the sheet to recalculate the total weight. If this does not work: on the Attributes & Abilities Tab of the affected Character, find all Attributes named "weighttotal" and delete them. To delete an Attribute, hover over it and press the x button that appears.
Silvyre said: Picco T. said: HI, I did a stupid and emtied the content of the input field totalweight and now I cant get it to recalculate the weight. how can I fix this Could you try changing the weight of one of the items in your Equipment block? This should force the sheet to recalculate the total weight. If this does not work: on the Attributes & Abilities Tab of the affected Character, find all Attributes named "weighttotal" and delete them. To delete an Attribute, hover over it and press the x button that appears. thank you
fenrhir
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
fenrhir said: Hello. Just found a bug, and I dunno if the problem comes from the character sheet or the companion script. Spells configured to display attack template are properly counted by the spellslot script (when using spell tracking, ofc). Spells configured to display spellcard template do not. After some test within the API, it seems that the API is not able to retrieve the proper level (then always showing "SPELL SLOT LEVEL ALL SLOTS EXPENDED" without even being able to display the spell level). This happens on all my games, even newly created ones for testing purpose. Otherwise, as usual, thank you for the good work here :) The OGL sheet allowed my reluctant players (who were hesitating to play online) to really feel comfortable with online roleplaying. Adding some info. Here's what a 'spellcard' uses: @{Manor Tonnefer|wtype}&{template:spell} {{level=divination }} {{name=Détection de la magie}} {{castingtime=1 action}} {{range=Perso}} {{target=}} {{v=1}} {{s=1}} 0 {{material=}} {{duration=10 min}} {{description=blablabla}} {{athigherlevels=}} 0 {{concentration=1}} @{Manor Tonnefer|charname_output} As the spell template is not given the spell level, the API function 'handleslotspell' can not properly retrieve the spell level.
Silvyre said: SkyCaptainXIII said: Can we get an option to NOT display npc names when using a roll from the character sheet? Please and thank you. I want to roll in the open, but can't keep the name hidden while doing so. As a workaround, you could add an Attribute named charname_output to your NPCs and give it a Current value of {{name=}} charname=@{character_name} I can also edit every npc and delete the npc_name attribute, but that's a lot of work. Which admittedly, I can use an api script to do, but it would be nice to have it as a default option.
Andres D. said: Thank you gentlemen for your responses. I answered your PM Craven. I used your Initiative macro as a token action on all of my players sheets. It worked well thank you. But I noticed that it seems more complex than the one listed above by Scott. Do they both work equally well or is there a benefit to one or the other. Also thank you all for explaining this. I did look at the wiki Scott C. But I'm old and I couldn't make sense of it. If it isn't asking too much, could you give me a macro for the attack section of the PC sheet. I tried to make one, but it doesn't work with spells cast at a higher level. If you have to explain it to me as if I were a child, the better. I'm also interested in the API, but have even less knowledge of it. Any help or resources appreciated. My main goal with the API would be to have spell slots and arrows counted. Also the long rest you mentioned would be great. Is there a script for a short rest? Thank you all very much, Andy &{template:simple} {{rname=rname}} {{name=name}} {{mod=mod}} {{r1=r1}} {{charname=@{Selected|character_name}}} %{selected|npc_init} My macro make it look nice in the chat using the templates. This is why its longer. Search roll20 templates to learn more.
Thanks Scott. Thanks Craven.

Edited 1489515279
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Craven . said: &{template:simple} {{rname=rname}} {{name=name}} {{mod=mod}} {{r1=r1}} {{charname=@{Selected|character_name}}} %{selected|npc_init} My macro make it look nice in the chat using the templates. This is why its longer. Search roll20 templates to learn more. I would just note that you may run into some issues using the macro that Craven has here. There is already a roll template used in %{selected|npc_init}. The npc templates don't use all of the same template fields, so while this apparently works fine for initiative, trying to use this method with other NPC rolls will cause issues though.

Edited 1489534384
Sorry if I missed this before but is there a way I can reference the Spells used attribute? Im using the Charsetattr script and I was hoping to make a Long Rest macro that resets this number to 0.
Mouseover most numbers and fields and eventually a tooltip should appear with the attribute name. That one didn't appear for me so I used the dev console in Chrome to find it:&nbsp;lvl1_slots_expended
Yeah thanks Sky, I did the same with the mouse over. I found it too, it was a separate attribute, I was assuming it would be a Current/Max setup like HP.&nbsp;