Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.6

Steve K. said: Thunderwave already mentions in the save section you save vs being pushed. If you wanted to add more info, you could use the DESCRIPTION section. thanks for the help!
Steve K. said: Thunderwave already mentions in the save section you save vs being pushed. If you wanted to add more info, you could use the DESCRIPTION section. actually mine doesn't look that much like yours, it already has the description filled in but not in the output
Ah nevermind, it's the difference between the editing in the spell page and in the attacks column

Edited 1473282140
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yeah, for some reason, the spell description doesn't carry over to the attack description, just manually enter it in your thunderwave's attack entry description. EDIT: ah, nvm, you found it
Hi I am sure someone has seen this. Barbarian with Unarmored Defense and Shield.  AC should be 16  : 10+CON(4)+Dex(0)+Shield(2) I can't seem to get the AC to auto calculate correctly to show 16. It either shows 12 for 10+shield if I don't use the CUSTOM AC or 14 if I use the custom AC which is the 10+CON(4).  Is there a way to make this auto calculate correctlY?  Thanks

Edited 1473294358
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yeah, it's a known issue with the custom AC, see mine and several others' posts further up the thread. The current workaround is to make a custom item, in this case called Unarmored Defense, and put Ac +X in the Mods field of the item. Downside is that you can't link it to your ability mod, but then again, the custom AC wasn't actually doing that either.
I just noticed the character sheets calculate skill proficiency incorrectly - when I have a level 1 character and I check the checkbox in front of one of the skills, the value doesn't change. When I have a level 12 character (+4 proficiency bonus), it increases by 2. I would be very happy to see this fixed! For the rest, I'm loving all the options available already, almost anything I'm looking to use is provided for! EDIT: This got fixed after selecting, then deselecting, 'Jack of All Trades' in the options menu. I'm not sure what the error was, but it's fixed now, so yay!
Hello all, In the last couple of weeks, I have started getting this crash when a player casts a spell: Sandbox error: "ERROR: You must pass in a valid 'characterid' property when creating an attribute." API Crash Message: Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again. More info... For reference, the error message generated was: TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at resolveslot (apiscript.js:2188:34) at handleslotspell (apiscript.js:2174:5) at apiscript.js:1956:17 at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1:0), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1:0), <anonymous>:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1200:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) This is 100% consistent and reproducible. Any time a player casts a spell that has max and expended slots (level 1 and higher). I am using the option for latest sheet API script and I haven't made any changes to character sheets in general. I have seen this issue in older threads, and they were fixed in sheet API updates, so I'm not sure why mine broke when I switched to the latest code. I went through one sheet and removed all of the current and max spell slots then used the sheet to repopulate and cast, no luck. I'm going to dig more as maybe it's with the way the spells themselves are setup.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Joshua V. said: Hello all, In the last couple of weeks, I have started getting this crash when a player casts a spell: Sandbox error: "ERROR: You must pass in a valid 'characterid' property when creating an attribute." Are you playing in a copy of a game?
Steve K. said: Joshua V. said: Hello all, In the last couple of weeks, I have started getting this crash when a player casts a spell: Sandbox error: "ERROR: You must pass in a valid 'characterid' property when creating an attribute." Are you playing in a copy of a game? No, this is in my main instance.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Joshua V. said: No, this is in my main instance.Is this happening for all characters or just some? PM me the url of your game and I'll take a look.
I have a character with a feat that gives her +2 to Constitution saves. Is there any way to add a custom modifier to a specific saving throw?

Edited 1473750419
Thanks for this 5e character sheet.  It is great.  One enhancement request I would like is being able to add format options to the text fields - bold, italic, underline etc.  This makes a long list of character traits/feats much easier to read. Edit1 : Second request.  Is it possible to have internal and/or external hyperlinks in the stat blocks for NPCs.  For example, a deep gnome has innate spellcasting ability which I list as a trait.  At the moment I then mark that NPC as a spellcaster and list the spells in that section.  Would be nice to be able to hyperlink to the spell within the trait section. Ditto for status affects/conditions.  If monster X has an attack which inflicts the grappled state would be nice to have that keyword a hyperlink so me (or my players) can quickly reference it. Edit2 : Would also be nice to have the hit-point average auto-calculate when you put in the HD number.
I feel kind of dumb, but where do I actually DOWNLOAD the sheet? I can't seem to find it
Hi JC, when you setup a campaign you can pick the 5e OGL sheet under settings.  Basically, the DM determines which character sheet will be used for that particuler campaign. 

Edited 1473664538
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Joshua K. said: I have a character with a feat that gives her +2 to Constitution saves. Is there any way to add a custom modifier to a specific saving throw? Here's a 'hack' that might help: On the Attributes & Abilities Tab of the Character in question, +Add a new Attribute. Name this Attribute constitution_save_bonus Give this Attribute a Current value of @{constitution_mod} + @{constitution_save_prof} + 2
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Ozzie said: Hi Guys, I have just got myself a Pro Account as I'm in the middle of my first D&D 5E game as DM, and my players are already asking about the next campaign. I think a pro account will come in useful! I am trying to setup some of the API Scripts but I have no idea what I'm doing. I have enabled 'The 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion' API Script, and have tested the commands in game chat and it is working, however I'm trying to get the ammo tracking working and even though it is enabled it is not. Here is what I have done: - I have enabled it in the PC sheet - Added the weapon to inventory ('Javelin') - Ticked the use as a resource box - In the attack options I have told it to use the resource 'Javelin' I'm not sure what else I need to do in order to enable it. I've probably missed something obvious lol. I am a total noob when it comes to coding and do need my hand held a bit! Can anyone help? Many Thanks Ozzie There currently appears to be some issues with ammotracking for repeating_resources created via 'use as a resource'. Steps to reproduce: Toggle on 'use as a resource' for an item to create a new repeating_resource row. Add the name of the repeating_resource to the 'ammunition' field of a repeating_attack Use that repeating_attack's roll button. Instead of "UNABLE TO FIND RESOURCE", a TypeError is thrown: TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at handleammo (apiscript.js:2954:78) at apiscript.js:2607:17 at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:105:34), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:105:34), <anonymous>:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1200:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) To work around this issue, only use repeating_resources that you've created using the [+] button as ammunition.
Hi Silvyre, Sorry for starting a separate thread. I didn't realise this was a bug so thanks for moving this here and looking at it for me. I have tried creating the resource manually without ticking the box in my equipment and I am still getting the same error. It is the same with spell slots too. Do I need to be using an older version of the API script (I'm using the latest) or does it make a difference?
Michael M. said: Hi JC, when you setup a campaign you can pick the 5e OGL sheet under settings.  Basically, the DM determines which character sheet will be used for that particuler campaign.  Yeah, did that.  Do only my players see it? I wanted to create like a pool of characters and let them pick from it
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
JC said: Michael M. said: Hi JC, when you setup a campaign you can pick the 5e OGL sheet under settings.  Basically, the DM determines which character sheet will be used for that particuler campaign.  Yeah, did that.  Do only my players see it? I wanted to create like a pool of characters and let them pick from it Hey JC, Have you made a character? There should be a tab at the top of the character (after you get the "enter name and bio/gmnotes" pop-up) between the bio tab and the attributes/abilities tab. click on that and you should see the sheet. -Scott
Ignore my last. I've got it working. I was manually adding Javelins to my resources box, when I need to manually add it as equipment. Then it works. The spells tracker is working as normal though, so the problem appears to be just with equipment. Thanks Ozzie
What's the differance between the attributes: npcd_ac and npc_ac?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ravenknight said: What's the differance between the attributes: npcd_ac and npc_ac? npc_ac is the field where you input the NPCs AC. npd_ac is the span where it's displayed down below in the NPC card.
Hello Powers-That-Be, In the game I am GMing, I have adjusted the bonus and penalties for ability scores, where a score of 1 grants a -16 penalty and a score of 25 grants a 25 bonus. Its sort of an exponential curve instead of a linear one.  Is there a way to make this adjustment in the OGL? Currently I use attributes to accomplish this but it can be a bit "clunky". Thanks for the reply! Barry    
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Barry S. said: Hello Powers-That-Be, In the game I am GMing, I have adjusted the bonus and penalties for ability scores, where a score of 1 grants a -16 penalty and a score of 25 grants a 25 bonus. Its sort of an exponential curve instead of a linear one.  Is there a way to make this adjustment in the OGL? Currently I use attributes to accomplish this but it can be a bit "clunky". Thanks for the reply! Barry     Attributes would be the only way currently.
Thanks for the reply Steve K. No problem.  It works good enough. :)
One more question - Is there a way I can share a single journal with others on the forum? I have created a template for NPCs that I believe others, especially newer ones, would greatly benefit from. Its a great working journal of an Archmage with macros for spells and abilities all included! This would greatly increase the learning curve having such a template available.  My thought is that I would make it available and include all needed API scripts needed. Just a thought.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Barry S. said: One more question - Is there a way I can share a single journal with others on the forum? I have created a template for NPCs that I believe others, especially newer ones, would greatly benefit from. Its a great working journal of an Archmage with macros for spells and abilities all included! This would greatly increase the learning curve having such a template available.  My thought is that I would make it available and include all needed API scripts needed. Just a thought. No, you can't share characters. However, if you wanted to expand the fields and take a screen shot, it might be something dev Kristin would include on the wiki.
Hello, I'm new to roll20 so I apologize if this is a stupid question or I put it in the wrong place. I'm wondering about adding class features to the character sheet. Like fighter maneuvers and abilities like that. how do you add them in without just typing the information in and then rolling on the dice roller whenever you need to roll a die for it? Thank you!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The way I do it for my monk special abilities is I check mark the saving throws section of my attack, and set the saving throw to be strength vs wisdom (as most of mine are vs strength). I then add this to the save effect description: ?{Monk Special Attack|None, No special attack&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{save=&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{|Stunning Strike 1 Ki, **Failure:** Target [stunned](<a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules%3AConditions/#toc_14" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules%3AConditions/#toc_14</a>) until end of my next turn **Success:** No effect&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{saveattr=Constitution} This then overwrites whatever was going to be in the saving throw area and allows me to customize my attack (and its effect) without making a new attack for every possibility. What maneuver's/abilities are you trying to add in?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Glenn W. said: Hello, I'm new to roll20 so I apologize if this is a stupid question or I put it in the wrong place. I'm wondering about adding class features to the character sheet. Like fighter maneuvers and abilities like that. how do you add them in without just typing the information in and then rolling on the dice roller whenever you need to roll a die for it? Thank you! I would set it up as an attack. Here's an example from one of my games:
For the initiative_bonus field is there a way to add a +5 from Alert without breaking the DEX calculation? &nbsp;I can update the field directly but that seems to break the DEX based calculation.&nbsp;
Who changed the artwork on the sheet and template? Damn it guys stop improving things and making them awesome! I pay you guys to sit around and do nothing.

Edited 1474101979
I was wondering if there's a way to have the sheet query whether a character is attacking one-handed or two-handed with versatile weapons. It's pretty cumbersome to list two versions of various weapons. I've thought of putting the alternate damage in the secondary damage field, but a) it's sloppy as I don't know of any way to make it ID that as alternate damage as opposed to additional damage and b) I can't do that for magical weapons that already have additional damage. Also, is there any support at all for conditional extra damage rolls like the Half-Orc racial trait Savage Attack (extra damage die on crit). I feel like there should be, but I can't figure it out.

Edited 1474121937
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Rawles said: I was wondering if there's a way to have the sheet query whether a character is attacking one-handed or two-handed with versatile weapons. It's pretty cumbersome to list two versions of various weapons. I've thought of putting the alternate damage in the secondary damage field, but a) it's sloppy as I don't know of any way to make it ID that as alternate damage as opposed to additional damage and b) I can't do that for magical weapons that already have additional damage. The damage dice field accepts roll queries. It won't display an actual damage dice in the sheet, but when you roll for damage, it will trigger the query. So, for a quarterstaff say: ?{# hands|1,1d6|2,1d8} would go in the damage dice field. Also, is there any support at all for conditional extra damage rolls like the Half-Orc racial trait Savage Attack (extra damage die on crit). I feel like there should be, but I can't figure it out. The crit field in an attack's damage area overrides the standard crit damage (which is just the weapon's normal damage die) with a custom value. Image as an example of both: Ignore my crazy stuff in the save effects and ammunition fields; it's for some special attacks I get with the custom monastic tradition my Monk follows and for some custom handling of magical ammunition respectively. Also, @Glenn W.; The above image also shows the method I described above for special attacks in picture form (although the fields are too small to show everything).
Michael M. said: For the initiative_bonus field is there a way to add a +5 from Alert without breaking the DEX calculation? &nbsp;I can update the field directly but that seems to break the DEX based calculation.&nbsp; on the Gear/setting page for the character. Have you tried Initiative modifier field?
marty r. said: Michael M. said: For the initiative_bonus field is there a way to add a +5 from Alert without breaking the DEX calculation? &nbsp;I can update the field directly but that seems to break the DEX based calculation.&nbsp; on the Gear/setting page for the character. Have you tried Initiative modifier field? Perfect, thanks.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Michael M. said: For the initiative_bonus field is there a way to add a +5 from Alert without breaking the DEX calculation? &nbsp;I can update the field directly but that seems to break the DEX based calculation.&nbsp; There is an Initiative Mod field on the settings tab, under CLASS OPTIONS.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Bob said: Who changed the artwork on the sheet and template? Damn it guys stop improving things and making them awesome! I pay you guys to sit around and do nothing. I'm glad you like it :) That's part of the official Wizards of the Coast modules.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Steve, I wanted to ask if it was kosher to edit the ogl sheet wiki entry. I'd like to put&nbsp; the details I've figured out about the roll templates in.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott C. said: Hi Steve, I wanted to ask if it was kosher to edit the ogl sheet wiki entry. I'd like to put&nbsp; the details I've figured out about the roll templates in. Run all the changes by Dev Kristin and if she gives a thumbs up, then yes :)

Edited 1474321090
Scott C. said: Rawles said: I was wondering if there's a way to have the sheet query whether a character is attacking one-handed or two-handed with versatile weapons. It's pretty cumbersome to list two versions of various weapons. I've thought of putting the alternate damage in the secondary damage field, but a) it's sloppy as I don't know of any way to make it ID that as alternate damage as opposed to additional damage and b) I can't do that for magical weapons that already have additional damage. The damage dice field accepts roll queries. It won't display an actual damage dice in the sheet, but when you roll for damage, it will trigger the query. So, for a quarterstaff say: ?{# hands|1,1d6|2,1d8} would go in the damage dice field. Also, is there any support at all for conditional extra damage rolls like the Half-Orc racial trait Savage Attack (extra damage die on crit). I feel like there should be, but I can't figure it out. The crit field in an attack's damage area overrides the standard crit damage (which is just the weapon's normal damage die) with a custom value. Image as an example of both: Ignore my crazy stuff in the save effects and ammunition fields; it's for some special attacks I get with the custom monastic tradition my Monk follows and for some custom handling of magical ammunition respectively. Awesome! Thanks.&nbsp;
Curious how are critical hits handled by default? Just double the die or max damage + die roll?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Michael M. said: Curious how are critical hits handled by default? Just double the die or max damage + die roll? Rules As Written (RAW) p196. Though there is a critical hit damage field to change that if so desired.&nbsp;
Thank you for the responses.&nbsp; I'll have to really sit down and learn the ins and outs to take full advantage it looks like!
Steve K. said: Michael M. said: Curious how are critical hits handled by default? Just double the die or max damage + die roll? Rules As Written (RAW) p196. Though there is a critical hit damage field to change that if so desired.&nbsp; Thanks Steve. &nbsp;Is that under attributes or somewhere else? For some reason I thought max damage+die roll was RAW. &nbsp;My mistake.

Edited 1474335678
I'm unsure if its been asked before but with this sheet exactly what would you need to do in order to add 2 additional skills to the sheet for the html code (html code I'm using is from GitHub as a base) What I'm trying to do is add 2 additional skills for making the sheet compatible with the adventures in middle earth conversion. In total their are 4 different skills i need to add. all of them are intelligence based so because of this I simply edited the html and translation to change arcana and religion to their respective 'new' skills, and i figured out how to reorganize them to maintain the sheet as an alphabetical list from top to bottom. The issue that I've encountered is that when trying to add in an additional skill into the html as a new item (shadow-lore) but i cant actually get the skill to display in the skill list. I'm not proficient enough in html editing to see what im missing but at request i can provide the html code i'm using to figure this out. Essentially, how do I go about introducing an entirely new skill to add to the base amount shown from 18 -&gt; 20 Edit: I've been able to get the html to display the skill in the advanced options though not on the main page of the sheet at this point. Editing my Translation accordingly Also I apologize if this isnt the forum to be asking this but it's the only one I saw that made any sense

Edited 1474335107
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Michael M. said: Steve K. said: Though there is a critical hit damage field to change that if so desired.&nbsp; Is that under attributes or somewhere else? There is a 'Crit' field under both 'Damage' fields within Attacks & Spellcasting entries. For more information, please see: Attacks & Spellcasting For some reason I thought max damage+die roll was RAW. I understand this to be a houserule popularized by Chris Perkins.