Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.6

Treefiddy said: I couldn't find the "atkname" part anywhere online. As always, much thanks. Here's how I did. I looked at the HTML code for the attack, rollbase. Then I just found where the roll referenced the name of the attack. Always happy to help, just wanted to possibly save you some time in the future.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Chihuahua Z. said: I'm having trouble adding new entries to the ATTACKS & SPELLCASTING section. Even after typing words into a new entry, it shows up blank on my sheet and I can't click it. When I drag-and-drop items from the Compendium onto the Equipment section, it doesn't add the associated attack to the Attacks & Spellcasting section. And when I try editing the names of existing weapons, it doesn't update the sheet. If you open the console log for your browser in the developer tools. Is there an error being thrown when it fails to update?
I've noticed for a few weeks now that the Jack of All Trades checkbox in the settings page of the character sheet doesn't appear to have any effect. I would expect it to add +1 to any skill checks or ability checks that don't have the proficiency box checked (Proficiency bonus for the characters I'm testing is +2, JoaT adds half the Proficiency Bonus, rounded down). Instead, whether the box is checked or unchecked, I just get a regular skill or ability check roll. I've tried some typical troubleshooting steps, like editing and saving the character, re-opening Roll 20, unchecking the box and checking again, starting with a brand new character, etc. I first noticed this when I started a new campaign a few weeks ago, but since I didn't have a bard before then, it's possible the bug is older than that. Apologies if this has already been discussed. I could not find it in the thread.
I am having an issue getting the Ammo to work when it comes to items like Potion of Healing. Added Potion of Healing from Compendium. Made a resource. Added Potion of Healing to Ammo slot in Attacks/Spellcasting. Yet, when I click on the "attack", it gives me the result but doesn't deduct from the resource. Any help would be appreciated.
Theodore S. said: I am having an issue getting the Ammo to work when it comes to items like Potion of Healing. Added Potion of Healing from Compendium. Made a resource. Added Potion of Healing to Ammo slot in Attacks/Spellcasting. Yet, when I click on the "attack", it gives me the result but doesn't deduct from the resource. Any help would be appreciated. The ammo tracking functionality only works for attacks, meaning that you need to have the attack check box selected for the action. It does not work for things that only roll damage (or in this case healing). Similar to how spells cast at a higher level only matter for damage, not for the attack itself.
Vinternet said: I've noticed for a few weeks now that the Jack of All Trades checkbox in the settings page of the character sheet doesn't appear to have any effect. I would expect it to add +1 to any skill checks or ability checks that don't have the proficiency box checked (Proficiency bonus for the characters I'm testing is +2, JoaT adds half the Proficiency Bonus, rounded down). Instead, whether the box is checked or unchecked, I just get a regular skill or ability check roll. I've tried some typical troubleshooting steps, like editing and saving the character, re-opening Roll 20, unchecking the box and checking again, starting with a brand new character, etc. I first noticed this when I started a new campaign a few weeks ago, but since I didn't have a bard before then, it's possible the bug is older than that. Apologies if this has already been discussed. I could not find it in the thread. It sounds like a similar problem to Chihuahua. Mostly because it sounds like the javascript isn't being triggered. Steve K. said: Chihuahua Z. said: I'm having trouble adding new entries to the ATTACKS & SPELLCASTING section. Even after typing words into a new entry, it shows up blank on my sheet and I can't click it. When I drag-and-drop items from the Compendium onto the Equipment section, it doesn't add the associated attack to the Attacks & Spellcasting section. And when I try editing the names of existing weapons, it doesn't update the sheet. If you open the console log for your browser in the developer tools. Is there an error being thrown when it fails to update?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
From another thread: Lincon B. said: Hello. I'm trying to build my own D&D 5e Monster Manual as the cost for buying it is a bit prohibitive for me (I'm Brazilian and the exchange rate from my currency to USD is quite unfavorable at the moment), specially considering I already bought the hardcover. However, the NPC entries I make for the monsters using the OGL character sheet often break after some time (without any changes on my part), making my library of monsters somewhat unreliable. I have two examples to illustrate: 1) I set up all the monsters for Lost Mines of Phandelver in a game and checked that they worked. We didn't play for two weeks and when I came back half of the monster sheets were wiped. The entries were still there, but they were completely blank. Both sheet and token information were gone and I had to redo all of them. 2) Yesterday I imported a Priest from the Vault and the token action macros for spells were broken. I went to the original game I imported it from and tried to roll these spells directly from the character sheet (not using the macro) and got the same error ("KpgvYQa2kSfgyCynp2z|repeating_attack_-KpgquiCmTlZDoHX1x0t_attack" appears in chat instead of the roll). This happened to all spells that had an attack output (as opposed to a spellcard output). Am I building my macros wrong? How can I prevent monsters I create to "break" over time? It's very frustrating to drag a monster mid game and find out his actions are broken. Thank you.   I haven't switched between character sheets. I've always used OGL.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Silvyre said: From another thread: Lincon B. said: Am I building my macros wrong? How can I prevent monsters I create to "break" over time? It's very frustrating to drag a monster mid game and find out his actions are broken. It sounds to me like JS is failing to run when updating an attack button. Are you running anything like an adblocker or anti-virus that you could white list Roll20 on? Are there developer console log errors being thrown?
Hope it isn't considered butting in, but I wanted to report a minor bug with the 5e OGL sheet. Namely that by default it's set to not auto roll damage or crits but monsters dragged and dropped from the Compendium are set to auto roll damage and crits, despite the game's settings to the contrary. Minor but annoying bug, not sure if this is even the right place to report it, as I feel I'm likely not the first, if it isn't or I'm adding to a long string of broken record complaints, I apologize.
Steve K. said: Silvyre said: From another thread: Lincon B. said: Am I building my macros wrong? How can I prevent monsters I create to "break" over time? It's very frustrating to drag a monster mid game and find out his actions are broken. It sounds to me like JS is failing to run when updating an attack button. Are you running anything like an adblocker or anti-virus that you could white list Roll20 on? Are there developer console log errors being thrown? Nothing of the sort. How do I identify a developer console log error?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Lincon B. said: How do I identify a developer console log error? Step 4 of the  Solving Technical Issues guide details how to open the Console and acquire a Console Log. If you're having difficulty spotting errors within your log, I recommend posting the entire Console Log within a reply to this thread.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Steve, I noticed in the trailer of upcoming features that the 5e OGL sheet will change the formatting of ability scores and other numbers when they are buffed. How did you accomplish this? I've gotten as far as that it uses two attributes, the base score and the modified score, but how do you adjust the formatting of the modified attribute? Thanks, Scott
Any ETA or update on how V1.7 is coming?
Craven said: Any ETA or update on how V1.7 is coming? Did you not see the  Fog and Function notes? ETA September and has notes on what we can expect in v1.7
I'm curious if there's a way to make a spell include both its attack resolution and supply its description. This is necessary for more complex spells that do damage and have a secondary effect. Here are a couple examples. I just pulled these straight from the compendium, but messing with the options I couldn't find a solution. Here, you can see that both Thunderwave and Guiding Bolt are designed to display their save or attack rolls, plus the damage. But they don't elaborate on the secondary effects. It's not even clear what the range of Thunderwave is from this window. Thunderwave vaguely mentions something about pushing, but the details aren't there. Guiding Bolt doesn't mention that it applies advantage to the target at all. These are in the descriptions for the spells, they just aren't used. I found a somewhat workaround solution by changing it to display as a spellcard, where you can hardcode the data, but that's problematic if you have a variable change, and it doesn't innately accommodate changes in spell levels. You could also display it as a spellcard and then roll manually, but that's a little cumbersome. The last option I can see is just to hope the players remember how their spells work. But it would be nice if there was a more elegant solution.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Dispari S. said: I'm curious if there's a way to make a spell include both its attack resolution and supply its description. This is necessary for more complex spells that do damage and have a secondary effect. Here are a couple examples. I just pulled these straight from the compendium, but messing with the options I couldn't find a solution. Simply copy and paste the spell's description into it's attack entry. It's a manual workaround, but does work exactly as you want. Hopefully in 1.7 Steve resolves this issue.
Scott C. said: Simply copy and paste the spell's description into it's attack entry. It's a manual workaround, but does work exactly as you want. Hopefully in 1.7 Steve resolves this issue. Hmm, that does seem to work. For targeted spells I can put the description in the range field (though you have to remember to edit in the range as well), and for saving throw spells I can put the description in the target field. Hardly ideal, but it does what I want. Thank you. Here's hoping the next update makes it work a little better.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Dispari S. said: Scott C. said: Simply copy and paste the spell's description into it's attack entry. It's a manual workaround, but does work exactly as you want. Hopefully in 1.7 Steve resolves this issue. Hmm, that does seem to work. For targeted spells I can put the description in the range field (though you have to remember to edit in the range as well), and for saving throw spells I can put the description in the target field. Hardly ideal, but it does what I want. Thank you. Here's hoping the next update makes it work a little better. You can also simply put the descriptions in the attack's description field.

Edited 1503861860
Scott C. said: You can also simply put the descriptions in the attack's description field That's an option, but I was looking for something that displays it for everyone to see.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott C. said: Hi Steve, I noticed in the trailer of upcoming features that the 5e OGL sheet will change the formatting of ability scores and other numbers when they are buffed. How did you accomplish this? I've gotten as far as that it uses two attributes, the base score and the modified score, but how do you adjust the formatting of the modified attribute? Thanks, Scott You're correct I have two attributes, a base and a final version of each attribute. I have the base as an input hidden inside the same div as a span of the final. The final shows unless you hover over the parent div, then I hide the span and show the input. I use the <attr>_flag hidden input to mark if the final attribute and the base attribute are different to give it the styling to show it's been modified. <div class="attr-mod">                         <input class="baseattr" type="text" name="attr_strength_base" title="@{strength}" value="10">                         <input type="hidden" name="attr_strength" value="10">                         <input class="attr-flag" type="hidden" name="attr_strength_flag" value="0">                         <span class="finalattr" name="attr_strength">                     </div> .sheet-baseattr { display: none; } .sheet-finalattr { font-size: 20px; line-height: 22px; } .sheet-attr-mod:hover .sheet-baseattr, .sheet-attr-mod .sheet-baseattr:focus { display: inline-block; } .sheet-attr-mod:hover .sheet-finalattr, .sheet-attr-mod .sheet-baseattr:focus ~ .sheet-finalattr { display: none; } .sheet-attr-mod .sheet-attr-flag[value="1"] + .sheet-finalattr { color: #3e99e8; } .sheet-attr-mod .sheet-attr-flag[value="1"] + .sheet-finalattr:after { content: '*'; font-size: 15px; position: absolute; }
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott C. said: Dispari S. said: I'm curious if there's a way to make a spell include both its attack resolution and supply its description. This is necessary for more complex spells that do damage and have a secondary effect. Here are a couple examples. I just pulled these straight from the compendium, but messing with the options I couldn't find a solution. Simply copy and paste the spell's description into it's attack entry. It's a manual workaround, but does work exactly as you want. Hopefully in 1.7 Steve resolves this issue. I can confirm this will be a baked in option in the next version of the sheet.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Awesome, thanks Steve. That's pretty close to how I was going to approach it.

Edited 1504023887
Hi. I'm new to being a DM so I hope this is the right place. I'm playing with 4 people who are VERY green to role-playing in general. They're only lvl 3 characters but I think some of them are getting overwhelmed with the amount of text they need to read for each little boost they each have. Is their an easier way to show their race/class bonuses then just typing them all in? For example we have a gnome paladin who has darkvision, gnome cunning, divine sense, divine smite, can talk with small beasts, and lay on hands. I just have them all written out under features/traits, but again it's A LOT to scroll through. Add to that the fact that there's no simple formatting so I can't even bold the name of each ability makes it difficult to quickly scroll through. I thikn what would be a good feature would be the ability to enter clickable text that'll hide or unhide additional info. This way stuff like darkvision, trance, fey ancestry, etc. can just be 1 line that can be expanded for details as needed. Anyway, any tips would be appreciated.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just list the names on the sheet and have a handout for each player with full details for their reference, the formatting options are still poor with the current text editor (something the devs are very aware of...) but much better than in the sheet itself. Also, as they get used to their powers they'll need to handout less and less too :)
The way that I have my players do it is to list the name/crucial details on the core page of the character sheet and to have the full text version of it on the BIO page in the addition features & traits section. That way the players see Darkvision (60ft) on the first page but can reference what that means on the other page.
Probably not the correct spot for this question but since it does tie into the sheet I figured I would throw it out there.  In the latest AL Modules for TYP there are tokens representing multiple sides for some monsters and PC's.  I have tried to create a table that does the same thing because I have a character that uses disguise self ALOT.  I can get the token to flip but when I make my own table it will not show the token options like AC, HP, class_resource etc... not the ability to set aura's or special icons for effects etc....  If I add to the existing table it does show these items but then I have 15 choices to choose from. Questions are: Is there a way to copy a table to change it to add then delete items from it ? If not how are these tables being made ?  I have had to drag and drop the artwork from outside the game as choosing the select option does not seem to work. Thanks in advance I think this would help for Druids and those that Case Polymorph spells quite a bit to keep the GM from having to drag out a token for the changes and have to move 2 tokens so you dont lose place in init order etc...

Edited 1504108811
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Elbuort said: Is there a way to copy a table Rollable Tables can only be copied/duplicated by making a Copy of a Game or using the Transmogrifier (a Pro subscription perk). how are these tables being made ? Dragging and dropping assets from the Art Library tab of the Sidebar. when I make my own table it will not show the token options like AC, HP, class_resource etc... By setting a Token to Represent a Character , you can choose to link a Token Bar to a specific Attribute of that Character. For more information, please see:  Linking Tokens to Journals ; Represents Character ; Bars .
Silvyre said: Elbuort said: Is there a way to copy a table Rollable Tables can only be copied/duplicated by making a Copy of a Game or using the Transmogrifier (a Pro subscription perk). how are these tables being made ? Dragging and dropping assets from the Art Library tab of the Sidebar. when I make my own table it will not show the token options like AC, HP, class_resource etc... By setting a Token to Represent a Character , you can choose to link a Token Bar to a specific Attribute of that Character. For more information, please see:  Linking Tokens to Journals ; Represents Character ; Bars . Elbuort, after you have the token from the rollable table in your workspace Roll20 sees it as a drawing.  Right click it, select Advanced and toggle the "Is Drawing" option.  You should then be able to do the steps outlined above under 'Represent a Character'. (See Creating a Rollable Table Token for more info).

Edited 1504125682
I'm preparing to return to my D&D 5e campaign after a fairly long hiatus, using the OGL 5e sheet and I've noticed a visual issue I cannot figure out. Certain parts of the main page of the sheet overlap. It's not game-breaking, but highly annoying and makes parts of the sheet difficult to read. Changing my view size does nothing to fix this and my group loves this sheet and doesn't want to switch. Is this a known issue with a possible fix? 
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi Adam U. Reseting your browser's zoom settings to default (100%) should resolve the issues you're experiencing. In Firefox and Chrome, the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-0 will reset the browser's zoom settings to default.
Hello! I was wondering why, in the D&D 5e OGL compendium under backgrounds, there is only the acolyte background. There also only seems to be the grappler feat under the Feats category. Is this true for all users or have I missed something? Thank you kindly.  
Alex o. said: Hello! I was wondering why, in the D&D 5e OGL compendium under backgrounds, there is only the acolyte background. There also only seems to be the grappler feat under the Feats category. Is this true for all users or have I missed something? Thank you kindly.   Those are the only things available under the SRD. They haven't added the PHB to Roll20 (yet, come on guys, it'd be super cool!), so those things aren't in there.
I have a question about spell output. Namely, when changing a spell output to SPELLCARD, I really want the ability to see the DC of the spell still. Many spells aren't attacks, but still require me to know a player's DC. It would be a lot easier if that was printed out in the output... Is this something that would be possible to do? I am a developer by profession, so if you point me in the right direction, I would be happy to make a pull request on the github page, too. Thanks!
Thanks for the response I will try this.
I am having a problem with a character sheet. The Class & Level section has spawned four empty entries as if I am multiclassing. They show up outlined in red when I am in modify mode. I have tried deleting them but they immediately respawn.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jon said: I have a question about spell output. Namely, when changing a spell output to SPELLCARD, I really want the ability to see the DC of the spell still. Many spells aren't attacks, but still require me to know a player's DC. It would be a lot easier if that was printed out in the output... Is this something that would be possible to do? I am a developer by profession, so if you point me in the right direction, I would be happy to make a pull request on the github page, too. Thanks! The design intent was anything that required an attack roll or save would be used as an attack. And attacks show the DC and save of the spell. In the next version of the sheet there will be an option to include the full description of the spell in the attack.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Josh D. said: I am having a problem with a character sheet. The Class & Level section has spawned four empty entries as if I am multiclassing. They show up outlined in red when I am in modify mode. I have tried deleting them but they immediately respawn. I think your question is about the Shaped sheet. You can find a thread about that  here .
Silvyre said: Step 4 of the  Solving Technical Issues guide details how to open the Console and acquire a Console Log. If you're having difficulty spotting errors within your log, I recommend posting the entire Console Log within a reply to this thread. Here is what's happening to spells that have the ATTACK output: Spells with the SPELLCARD output aren't affected: If I change the output to SPELLCARD and then back to ATTACK, it starts working again:
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Did you, by chance, delete any of the entries on the Attacks & Spellcasting block of the Core Page ?
Silvyre said: Hi Adam U. Reseting your browser's zoom settings to default (100%) should resolve the issues you're experiencing. In Firefox and Chrome, the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-0 will reset the browser's zoom settings to default. Yep, that was the issue. Thanks a bunch. :)
KK that worked for the Token to change it just fine.  Is there a way to use a larger token like say Giant Ape that takes up 9 squares or will the GM have to resize it everytime I change into that shape ?
When using it as a rollable table token, yes you will have to resize each time.
Hello! Under the settings for my campaign, under Default Sheet Settings I am no longer able to uncheck "NPC". I am trying to add a new player to my campaign and can't do it!! Am I missing something? Thanks!
Hey Jonah, just to clarify are in making this change in game (on the character sheet) or out of game (in the campaign settings). If you are making this change in the campaign settings for a single player, why not just change the individual character sheet in game rather than messing with the default settings for the campaign.
Steve K. said: Jon said: I have a question about spell output. Namely, when changing a spell output to SPELLCARD, I really want the ability to see the DC of the spell still. Many spells aren't attacks, but still require me to know a player's DC. It would be a lot easier if that was printed out in the output... Is this something that would be possible to do? I am a developer by profession, so if you point me in the right direction, I would be happy to make a pull request on the github page, too. Thanks! The design intent was anything that required an attack roll or save would be used as an attack. And attacks show the DC and save of the spell. In the next version of the sheet there will be an option to include the full description of the spell in the attack. Okay, sounds good. When you say "next version", would there happen to be a release date associated with that? :D
Jon said: Okay, sounds good. When you say "next version", would there happen to be a release date associated with that? :D No exact date yet but we know that it will be part of the Fog and Function Update that is scheduled for this month (September).
Silvyre said: Did you, by chance, delete any of the entries on the Attacks & Spellcasting block of the Core Page ? I believe I did not, but the Core Page is different when the character sheet is set to NPC, so I don't know for sure. I don't remember deleting anything, though.
Hi, how do we access these charactersheets? We can't find a link.
Heike K. said: Hi, how do we access these charactersheets? We can't find a link. The GM has to invite you to the game and create a character sheet for you as well as giving you access to edit and see the character sheet in the journal.
I am currently having an issue where some of the PC sheets in my game are not rolling correctly. It does not appear to be taking attribute mods into  consideration when it handles the rolls, only the proficiency bonus. I did have to use a custom class because this PC is using the artificer class.