Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.6

I knew it would be something simple! Problem solved, thanks for your help Silvyre :D
I have been unable to find information on what the "Prop" field is for in the information section of individual inventory items.  Can anyone explain this or point me in the direction of the explanation? 
Is there a way to add a description to skills checks? I know the shaped sheets had a class action option, that you could connect to the skills. I used to use those regularly to add descriptions/modifiers that work in certain instances only .  For example, if I wanted to be a Ranger, and have my favored Enemy/Terrain be applicable, I wouldn't want to change my Wisdom checks for everything -- I'd just want to add a description to say: Double proficiency if in Forests, etc. Is that no longer possible with these sheets?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Phil said: Is there a way to add a description to skills checks? I know the shaped sheets had a class action option, that you could connect to the skills. I used to use those regularly to add descriptions/modifiers that work in certain instances only.  For example, if I wanted to be a Ranger, and have my favored Enemy/Terrain be applicable, I wouldn't want to change my Wisdom checks for everything -- I'd just want to add a description to say: Double proficiency if in Forests, etc. Is that no longer possible with these sheets? Not built it. But you could always make a macro button that outputs the roll and then a description right after it. @{Oimoc Eaufra|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=PERCEPTION}} {{mod=[[[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Oimoc Eaufra|halflingluck}+[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Oimoc Eaufra|rtype}@{Oimoc Eaufra|halflingluck}+[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Oimoc Eaufra|charname_output} &{template:default} {{Modifiers=+[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|pb}]] when in favored domain}}
Steve K. said: Phil said: Is there a way to add a description to skills checks? I know the shaped sheets had a class action option, that you could connect to the skills. I used to use those regularly to add descriptions/modifiers that work in certain instances only .  For example, if I wanted to be a Ranger, and have my favored Enemy/Terrain be applicable, I wouldn't want to change my Wisdom checks for everything -- I'd just want to add a description to say: Double proficiency if in Forests, etc. Is that no longer possible with these sheets ? Not built it. But you could always make a macro button that outputs the roll and then a description right after it. @{Oimoc Eaufra|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=PERCEPTION}} {{mod=[[[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Oimoc Eaufra|halflingluck}+[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Oimoc Eaufra|rtype}@{Oimoc Eaufra|halflingluck}+[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Oimoc Eaufra|charname_output} & { template : default} {{Modifiers=+ [ [@ { Oimoc Eaufra| pb }]] when in favored domain}} I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. It doesn't seem to work for me with every skill check or with certain characters -- even though I test to make sure the description works as stand alone. This is what I type: @{Aramis Ha|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=PERCEPTION}} {{mod=[[[[@{Aramis Ha|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Aramis Ha|halflingluck}+[[@{Aramis Ha|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Aramis Ha|rtype}@{Aramis Ha|halflingluck}+[[@{Aramis Ha|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Aramis Ha|charname_output} &{template:default} {{Favored Territory=+[[@{Aramis Ha|pb}]] when in forests}} &{template:default} {{Favored Enemy=Advantage with Orcs & Elves}} I only get the regular perception roll. And not even with the character name output.  When I type in: & { template : default} {{Favored Territory=+ [ [@ { Aramis Ha| pb }]] when in forests}} & { template : default} {{Favored Enemy=Advantage with Orcs & Elves}} That works just fine. It just doesn't add on to my skills check. Am I doing something wrong?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Phil said: Steve K. said: @{Oimoc Eaufra|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=PERCEPTION}} {{mod=[[[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Oimoc Eaufra|halflingluck}+[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Oimoc Eaufra|rtype}@{Oimoc Eaufra|halflingluck}+[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Oimoc Eaufra|charname_output} &{template:default} {{Modifiers=+[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|pb}]] when in favored domain}} @{Aramis Ha|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=PERCEPTION}} {{mod=[[[[@{Aramis Ha|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Aramis Ha|halflingluck}+[[@{Aramis Ha|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Aramis Ha|rtype}@{Aramis Ha|halflingluck}+[[@{Aramis Ha|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Aramis Ha|charname_output} &{template:default} {{Favored Territory=+[[@{Aramis Ha|pb}]] when in forests}} &{template:default} {{Favored Enemy=Advantage with Orcs & Elves}} Each new &{template} has to appear on a new line within a macro, as demonstrated by Steve. In addition, you might want to remove the second instance of &{template:default}.
Silvyre said: Phil said: Steve K. said: @{Oimoc Eaufra|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=PERCEPTION}} {{mod=[[[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Oimoc Eaufra|halflingluck}+[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Oimoc Eaufra|rtype}@{Oimoc Eaufra|halflingluck}+[[@{Oimoc Eaufra|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Oimoc Eaufra|charname_output} & { template : default} {{Modifiers=+ [ [@ { Oimoc Eaufra| pb }]] when in favored domain}} @{Aramis Ha|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=PERCEPTION}} {{mod=[[[[@{Aramis Ha|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Aramis Ha|halflingluck}+[[@{Aramis Ha|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Aramis Ha|rtype}@{Aramis Ha|halflingluck}+[[@{Aramis Ha|perception_bonus}]][PER]]]}} @{Aramis Ha|charname_output} &{template:default} {{Favored Territory=+[[@{Aramis Ha|pb}]] when in forests}} &{template:default} {{Favored Enemy=Advantage with Orcs & Elves}} Each new & { template} has to appear on a new line within a macro, as demonstrated by Steve. In addition, you might want to remove the second instance of & { template : default}. Thanks. I figured it out a second after I posted. I'll leave my question up, in case anyone else needs it.

Edited 1470341753
Silvyre
Forum Champion
From " Bugs with ammo tracking on Roll20 OGL 5th Edition Sheets ": Jeff said: If you adjust the amount of the linked ammo resource, it does not adjust the total weight for the character. Also, if you set the weight of the ammo to something less than 1, like .5, weight calculations will fail after you adjust the amount of ammo. For example: create a set of 20 arrows and link them to a bow with a weight of .05 each (per PHB). Fire one arrow, and it correctly subtracts the weight. Now add the arrow back by changing the quantity from 19 to 20. Fire again, and it will subtract the ammo but not the total weight for the character.
i am using the SRD5 OGL Roll 20 character sheet. When i click on the attribute, the dice rolls, but the attribute value does not change and it will not allow me to update that field. What am I doing wrong?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
William G. said: &nbsp;When i click on the attribute, the dice rolls, but the attribute value does not change and it will not allow me to update that field. What am I doing wrong? Check out: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20#Attributes" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20#Attributes</a> Each attribute block has the core attribute score, which can be changed by modifying the number in the oval at the bottom of each block
Is there a way to use 2 different types of ammo with the ammo tracker?
Thanks,&nbsp; i got it to work now

Edited 1470592894
Is there a limit to sheet length? I was trying to manually enter a few monsters, and I found that when I have multiple actions you run out of 'space'. The sheet won't scroll any further, the Actions area won't grow, and allow all the text to be readable. You have to click the action to read it all. (For example Intellect Devourer has 4 powers, 2 of them fairly long..) How do you 'fit' monsters with a lot of powers on there, without having to click or edit to read the content? (Sure I could just go free text I suppose, but then I can't just click to show players. :-/
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
trevor J. said: Is there a way to use 2 different types of ammo with the ammo tracker? You'd have to manually swap out the ammo with the resource of the other ammo manually. You could use the TokenMod script to create a macro with a query to give you a dropdown of what ammo you want to equip and TokenMod would swap out that stat for you.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Allen said: Is there a limit to sheet length? I was trying to manually enter a few monsters, and I found that when I have multiple actions you run out of 'space'. The sheet won't scroll any further, the Actions area won't grow, and allow all the text to be readable. You have to click the action to read it all. (For example Intellect Devourer has 4 powers, 2 of them fairly long..) How do you 'fit' monsters with a lot of powers on there, without having to click or edit to read the content? (Sure I could just go free text I suppose, but then I can't just click to show players. :-/ The sheets should continue to expand out vertically as data is added. Can you provide a screen shot of what you mean, as well as your OS and Browser/Version?

Edited 1470694370
The 4th power there, won't grow. I can edit it, I can add 20 more powers, and the sheet grows. HOWEVER, I was able to expand devour intellect, but not Body thief. Windows 10, chrome&nbsp;Version 52.0.2743.82 m Its any single action beyond 1140 characters... Tested out a few more things... If you pass the 1140, it just shows 2 lines... Same problem on Ubuntu Linux, and Firefox.
Matthew K. said: I have been unable to find information on what the "Prop" field is for in the information section of individual inventory items. &nbsp;Can anyone explain this or point me in the direction of the explanation?&nbsp; You can put something in like AC +1 and it'll make something like equipped armor increase your AC by an additional point. I don't know the full set of properties you can do this with though.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Edward B. said: I have an issue where the the Passive Wisdom (Perception) box covers over proficiency bonuses and it is very frustrating. I have tried expanding the window, shrinking it back down, checking the character sheet in another game, and googled and scouted roll20 bug reports to try and solve this issue to no avail. What is your browser's zoom level set to? In Firefox and Chrome the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-0 will reset the zoom level to default (100%). Could you please try out Ctrl-0 and let us know if it helps?
No it does not sadly, I have tried this and the same issue persists.&nbsp;
Fixed it nevermind wow I don't even know what I pressed but it is sorted now ...
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Is there any way to set the critical range on an NPC's attack action? I have an NPC with improved critical that I just know I'm going to forget to check for.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kirsty said: Is there any way to set the critical range on an NPC's attack action? I have an NPC with improved critical that I just know I'm going to forget to check for. You can always use the full PC sheet in order to set up complicated attacks, but no there is not an improved critical section for the NPC card.

Edited 1470830791
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Steve K. said: Kirsty said: Is there any way to set the critical range on an NPC's attack action? I have an NPC with improved critical that I just know I'm going to forget to check for. You can always use the full PC sheet in order to set up complicated attacks, but no there is not an improved critical section for the NPC card. Alrighty. Thanks, Steve. I was just wondering if I was missing something. I'm going to leave it as is with a little note to remind me. I love the NPC sheets, they've got all the info I need without taking up huge amounts of real estate on my screen.
Sometimes when you click a spell, the casting level pop-up window doesn't show. The spell just gets stuck... pasts some chat, a blank single line spell card. Chrome+Windows 10 again. I've had to restart a few times. To fix it. Is this a common problem with spells? Or am I alone on this one? When it happens to me, it happens to all the players. All spells with multi-levels. To fix it, I just turn off casting @ higher level. Then the spells work fine. But if I want to use a higher level slot, it's really annoying that pop-up window doesn't work, and it glitches out all spells with that option.
When I roll hit points for an NPC, I get the following error when the Companion script attempts to create a token: "ERROR: You cannot set the imgsrc or avatar of an object unless you use an image that is in your Roll20 Library. See the API documentation for more info." Happens with Firefox and Chrome on Ubuntu.
Hopefully this is the right place to post this, as it deals with the OGL sheet. &nbsp;Anyway to have NPC names not &nbsp;show in the chat rolls (see attached), other than obviously whispering the rolls? If you see below, I didn't want the players to know this was a doppleganger (the doppleganger was current morphed to a drow), but when I first rolled an attack -- there it was ("Doppleganger") :&lt; . PCs can control this in the OGL by setting "Add Character Names to Templates" to "Off". &nbsp;I can't see a similar option for the NPC. &nbsp;Thanks!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Will R. said: When I roll hit points for an NPC, I get the following error when the Companion script attempts to create a token: "ERROR: You cannot set the imgsrc or avatar of an object unless you use an image that is in your Roll20 Library. See the API documentation for more info." Happens with Firefox and Chrome on Ubuntu. That's correct. This is a limitation of the API currently where it can only access images from your library and not from the marketplace or external sources. If your default token is using an image that isn't in your library then you'll need to download and upload the token so that it's part of the available images.
Hi, I noticed the magic missile spell only rolls 1d4+1, when it should be rolling 3 separate rolls of 1d4+1, at 1st level. (base).&nbsp; What is the syntax i should use in the 'Damage' field to get this to occur?&nbsp; Here is a pic of what I'm talking about...
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Casey said: Hi, I noticed the magic missile spell only rolls 1d4+1, when it should be rolling 3 separate rolls of 1d4+1, at 1st level. (base).&nbsp; What is the syntax i should use in the 'Damage' field to get this to occur?&nbsp; Here is a pic of what I'm talking about... We've just made a change to this. See&nbsp; our wiki for an explanation.
I hate to say it, but perhaps I am a bit too inept on how to properly use the character sheet provided. Could you please help me? I can't even access it.
Casey said: Hi, I noticed the magic missile spell only rolls 1d4+1, when it should be rolling 3 separate rolls of 1d4+1, at 1st level. (base).&nbsp; What is the syntax i should use in the 'Damage' field to get this to occur?&nbsp; Here is a pic of what I'm talking about... If you want to keep with WoTC's official ruling you roll once and apply the same damage to all missiles. Simplifies things.
Thanks for the input folks!
Kevin B. said: I hate to say it, but perhaps I am a bit too inept on how to properly use the character sheet provided. Could you please help me? I can't even access it. How are you trying to access it? As a player in a GM's game, the GM needs to give you permissions. If you create your own game, you choose it from a drop-down menu on game creation or in the Game Settings after.
Brett M. said: Hopefully this is the right place to post this, as it deals with the OGL sheet. &nbsp;Anyway to have NPC names not &nbsp;show in the chat rolls (see attached), other than obviously whispering the rolls? If you see below, I didn't want the players to know this was a doppleganger (the doppleganger was current morphed to a drow), but when I first rolled an attack -- there it was ("Doppleganger") :&lt; . PCs can control this in the OGL by setting "Add Character Names to Templates" to "Off". &nbsp;I can't see a similar option for the NPC. &nbsp;Thanks! I've run into the same issue and looking for a solution as well.&nbsp; Thanks!
I have tried to think of some way to easily have a "secret name" field and a "name" field. The value of the name field (for example, "Mysterious Drow") would be used in player Journal entries and chat output. The GM would see the secret name (for example, "Doppelganger") in everything. Then, when the players discover the true identity of the NPC, the GM could somehow mark the NPC as "known" and the secret name would show to indicated players. Sounds like maybe something for the&nbsp;suggestion forum...

Edited 1471565757
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I've been looking at the roll templates baked into the sheet and have, I think, found a bug in the atk template. the rname and rnamec fields do not show up when doing a custom template, but do when rolled straight from the sheet. Take a look at&nbsp; this post for what I was trying, and let me know if I got the details on the template fields close to right.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott C. said: I've been looking at the roll templates baked into the sheet and have, I think, found a bug in the atk template. the rname and rnamec fields do not show up when doing a custom template, but do when rolled straight from the sheet. Take a look at&nbsp; this post for what I was trying, and let me know if I got the details on the template fields close to right. I'm not sure what you mean by the rname and rnamec fields not showing up. I've never had that problem, even with custom rolls. That said, with the atk template I'm doing something tricky with those field. Instead of just returning the roll's name, I'm setting it up to be a chat roll button. So, for example say you're using a Longsword. The roll from the sheet would look like: @{Goptar Sing|wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=+5}} {{rname=[Longsword](~-K0m1Ic47d2-NLhmqD3s|repeating_attack_-KBPup229qm7H6Ds2mhp_attack_dmg)}} {{rnamec=[Longsword](~-K0m1Ic47d2-NLhmqD3s|repeating_attack_-KBPup229qm7H6Ds2mhp_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Goptar Sing|halflingluck}cs&gt;20 + 5[PROF]]]}} @{Goptar Sing|rtype}@{Goptar Sing|halflingluck}cs&gt;20 + 5[PROF]]]}} {{range=5 ft}} {{desc=+1d6 Damage to Goblinoids}} ammo= @{Goptar Sing|charname_output} The formula for rname is the chat roll button pointing to a specific attack on the character sheet by its ID&nbsp; [Longsword](~-K0m1Ic47d2-NLhmqD3s|repeating_attack_-KBPup229qm7H6Ds2mhp_attack_dmg) You could replace that for just the word "Longsword" and visually it would be identical but it wouldn't roll the associated damage roll.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Huh, not sure why that wasn't working before. I spent a good half hour trying to figure out why it wasn't displaying the name.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott C. said: Huh, not sure why that wasn't working before. I spent a good half hour trying to figure out why it wasn't displaying the name. If you give me the specific example I can try and figure out what went wrong?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Well, I would, but they are now working, so I'm just gonna put it up to a typo that I fixed without realizing it most likely.
There is ways to increase your max carrying capacity in 5e, but your sheets seem to have a static amount. Is there any way to edit the carrying capacity of a character, as well, i couldnt find any of the class specific armor changes like Barbarian or monk unarmored defense. Is there any plans on adding these to the sheets?
Austin said: Is there any way to edit the carrying capacity of a character... You can give them an inventory item with a certain amount of negative weight. So if they can carry 50 more pounds than usual, make the weight of the extra capacity "item" be -50.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Austin said: There is ways to increase your max carrying capacity in 5e, but your sheets seem to have a static amount. Is there any way to edit the carrying capacity of a character, as well, i couldnt find any of the class specific armor changes like Barbarian or monk unarmored defense. Is there any plans on adding these to the sheets? There is no official way of tweaking encumbrance but Pixelscapes work around is clever. On the Settings (gear) tab, there's a spot to turn on a CUSTOM AC calculation, specifically for Monk/Barbarian characters.
Just a couple notes on what is overall a great sheet - - Seems like any time my AC changes for any reason, the Monk/Barbarian tweak breaks, and won't work again until I delete the attributes and reset it from scratch. - My spell casting ability resets to None every time I level up.&nbsp; (Monk base class, which DOES have a wisdom based spell casting ability, but multiclass fighter & cleric as well).
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heh, was just gonna post about the ac bug. If you become encumbered, it no longer takes any custom ac bonuses into account.

Edited 1471714409
anagran said: Brett M. said: Hopefully this is the right place to post this, as it deals with the OGL sheet. &nbsp;Anyway to have NPC names not &nbsp;show in the chat rolls (see attached), other than obviously whispering the rolls? If you see below, I didn't want the players to know this was a doppleganger (the doppleganger was current morphed to a drow), but when I first rolled an attack -- there it was ("Doppleganger") :&lt; . PCs can control this in the OGL by setting "Add Character Names to Templates" to "Off". &nbsp;I can't see a similar option for the NPC. &nbsp;Thanks! I've run into the same issue and looking for a solution as well.&nbsp; Thanks! anagran - the only work around I have is to rename the Name on the NPC Options in the Character Sheet to "Drow" or whatever you're OK with the party to see, as that's where the rolls pull the "name" from, like this: This is a NPC sheet for a Doppleganger and all the stats are for a Doppleganger, but I've manually edited "Name" to be "Drow" so now when this NPC attacks, the party sees "Drow" -- which is what the party would describe the character as. The downside is if the Doppleganger shifts (unknown to the party) I'll have to remember to change that (or tell the party it's a mistake if it shows "Drow"). Equally, if you know Lost Mine, there are some cultists, and maybe you originally don't want the party to know they are cultist (the adventure is written that the cultists readily admit they are cultists to the party, so I'm just making up a second example). &nbsp;So again, you'd ensure the "Name" field is changed to... "Humans", etc., and similarly for any other NPC that may be attempting to hide their real nature from the party. &nbsp;(So don't write in "This is the bad guy the party is looking for but doesn't know what he looks like" :&gt; .) I give Roll20 a solid 8 out of 10, so sometimes we have to dig to find workarounds for these one or two things :&gt; . &nbsp;I hope that helps!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Another way to hide the {{name=@{npc_name}}} property output by Roll Templates is as follows: On the Attributes & Abilities Tab , +Add a new Attribute. Name this Attribute charname_output Give this Attribute a Current value of {{name=}} If you have access to the API, you can use a script like ChatSetAttr to easily add this Attribute to all currently existing Characters.