Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.6

Dustin C. said: Sorry if I missed this before but is there a way I can reference the Spells used attribute? Im using the Charsetattr script and I was hoping to make a Long Rest macro that resets this number to 0. The attribute is lvlX_slots_expended where X is the spell slot level. In your image, it would be lvl1_slots_expended
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Nichademus said: The changes I am making to the Default Sheet Settings section of the 5e OGL character sheet keep resetting every time I save them. I check the box for NPC, I change ROLL QUERIES to Advantage Toggle and AUTO DAMAGE ROLL to Auto Roll Damage & Crit. As I hit Save and the screen reloads though I find it back to the way it was before I made the changes. Below is a screenshot of the way it automatically resets for me. I've gone into the game to see if the changes were made anyway, but any new creature I move over for the first time uses the defaults listed below instead of the changes I made. If I make the change to the sheet in game that particular sheet will then keep the change, but I must manually make the change for each new character sheet.
Kyle G. said: Dustin C. said: Sorry if I missed this before but is there a way I can reference the Spells used attribute? Im using the Charsetattr script and I was hoping to make a Long Rest macro that resets this number to 0. The attribute is lvlX_slots_expended where X is the spell slot level. In your image, it would be lvl1_slots_expended Long Rest API reset of spell slots. NOTE: !longrest must be on it own line by pressing enter. &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{rname=Long Rest for}} {{description=You have completed a Long Rest and your Spell Slot have been reset to 0 }}{{charname=@{Selected|character_name}}} !longrest @{Selected|character_name}
Hi, When making NPC's today i've found that the skills section of their sheet is being duplicated. This wasn't happening yesterday, so i'm wondering if this is something i've somehow caused or if it's a bug.
Datedsandwich said: Hi, When making NPC's today i've found that the skills section of their sheet is being duplicated. This wasn't happening yesterday, so i'm wondering if this is something i've somehow caused or if it's a bug. I am seeing this as well in my games

Edited 1489597417
Hi there, I have a problem of misalignement in the char sheet aparently in all my games. Also new Character Sheets are showing this. Solvable? Thanks. Best regards Tom
Can confirm weird formatting issues occurring with the character sheets as of today. Maybe due to a new version roll-out.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The formatting and skill issues should be fixed. Let us know if you're still seeing any irregularities.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Franky H. said: Nichademus said: The changes I am making to the Default Sheet Settings section of the 5e OGL character sheet keep resetting every time I save them. I check the box for NPC, I change ROLL QUERIES to Advantage Toggle and AUTO DAMAGE ROLL to Auto Roll Damage & Crit. As I hit Save and the screen reloads though I find it back to the way it was before I made the changes. Below is a screenshot of the way it automatically resets for me. I've gone into the game to see if the changes were made anyway, but any new creature I move over for the first time uses the defaults listed below instead of the changes I made. If I make the change to the sheet in game that particular sheet will then keep the change, but I must manually make the change for each new character sheet. What browser/OS are you using? Could there be anything locally like an addon on or anti-virus blocking Javascript from running on that page? If not, what does the console log show?
Seems to be fixed, yeah. Thanks Steve!
Steve K. said: Kurt said: Hello, I was hoping somebody could clarify an issue I seem to be having with the NPC sheet for the 5e OGL . I've given a custom monster with a +3 WIS mod the Spiritual Weapon spell by dragging it in from the compendium. I was testing the sheet to see if it worked properly, and I'm perplexed by the variables of the roll that Roll20 made. It looks like this Rolling 1d20cs>20+ 1[MOD]+ 2[PROF] = (4)+ 1+ 2 Shouldn't the MOD field have a 3 in it? Spiritual Weapon should roll a melee spell attack. The monster's spell attack modifier is set to WIS, and it doesn't even have a stat with a +1 modifier. Where is this number coming from? Any light that you could shed on this topic would be much appreciated. Thank you. I'm not sure where you're getting a proficiency bonus from. The NPC attack cards don't use it. The above example would have a total +4 to hit. For more information check out  the wiki . Thanks for the reply, Steve. However, I was actually wondering about the MOD field, which does not seem to account for the NPC's stats at all. Do you have any insight as to why this might be?
With the changes earlier today my character sheets no longer update the Proficiency bonus correctly. And the Hit Dice dont prompt for a die type with multiclass characters either.
All of my 2nd-level spell names have vanished. Makes it incredibly difficult to use my character sheet. :(
Steve M. said: With the changes earlier today my character sheets no longer update the Proficiency bonus correctly. And the Hit Dice dont prompt for a die type with multiclass characters either. Mine isn't updating the Spells correctly. All my casters keep defaulting to 0 spells and changing the level isn't forcing them to update.
Yeah, it seems to me like the sheet changed the way it calculated levels. Causing all these things to happen. Some can be hand edited on the Attributes and Abilities tab, some cant.
Steve K. said: Franky H. said: Nichademus said: The changes I am making to the Default Sheet Settings section of the 5e OGL character sheet keep resetting every time I save them. I check the box for NPC, I change ROLL QUERIES to Advantage Toggle and AUTO DAMAGE ROLL to Auto Roll Damage & Crit. As I hit Save and the screen reloads though I find it back to the way it was before I made the changes. Below is a screenshot of the way it automatically resets for me. I've gone into the game to see if the changes were made anyway, but any new creature I move over for the first time uses the defaults listed below instead of the changes I made. If I make the change to the sheet in game that particular sheet will then keep the change, but I must manually make the change for each new character sheet. What browser/OS are you using? Could there be anything locally like an addon on or anti-virus blocking Javascript from running on that page? If not, what does the console log show? I'm using Comodo Icedragon.  As for anti-virus I use Windows Defender and Malewarebytes.  The console log reports:      23:34:19.410 unreachable code after return statement 1 browse.js:655:3
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Todd B. said: All of my 2nd-level spell names have vanished. Makes it incredibly difficult to use my character sheet. :( I don't believe this has anything to do with the recent changes we've been making. Is the other spell data there, just not the names?

Edited 1489680322
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Steve M. said: Yeah, it seems to me like the sheet changed the way it calculated levels. Causing all these things to happen. Some can be hand edited on the Attributes and Abilities tab, some cant. We've pushed out another change to resolve these issues. Let us know if there are still any problems. We apologize for the disruption.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nichademus said: Steve K. said: Franky H. said: Nichademus said: The changes I am making to the Default Sheet Settings section of the 5e OGL character sheet keep resetting every time I save them. I check the box for NPC, I change ROLL QUERIES to Advantage Toggle and AUTO DAMAGE ROLL to Auto Roll Damage & Crit. As I hit Save and the screen reloads though I find it back to the way it was before I made the changes. Below is a screenshot of the way it automatically resets for me. I've gone into the game to see if the changes were made anyway, but any new creature I move over for the first time uses the defaults listed below instead of the changes I made. If I make the change to the sheet in game that particular sheet will then keep the change, but I must manually make the change for each new character sheet. What browser/OS are you using? Could there be anything locally like an addon on or anti-virus blocking Javascript from running on that page? If not, what does the console log show? I'm using Comodo Icedragon.  As for anti-virus I use Windows Defender and Malewarebytes.  The console log reports:      23:34:19.410 unreachable code after return statement 1 browse.js:655:3 That error sounds like something locally blocking the JS from running. If you pause your anti-virus temporarily does it solve the problem? If not, what if you change browsers to/from Chrome/Firefox?
Steve K. said: Steve M. said: Yeah, it seems to me like the sheet changed the way it calculated levels. Causing all these things to happen. Some can be hand edited on the Attributes and Abilities tab, some cant. We've pushed out another change to resolve these issues. Let us know if there are still any problems. We apologize for the disruption. Most my issues are fixed, thanks. The caster level still doesnt seem to be updating automatically for the purposes of spell slots. This can be hand edited in the Attributes and Abilities tab though, along with each level of spell spell slots.
Gid
Roll20 Team
We discovered that some elements of the 5E OGL Sheet wasn't linked up correctly for our Translation tool. A good portion of the content that needed fixing for translation were the rolltemplates. In the process of getting these in line with our translator, it broke other sheet workers and API script elements that were watching the rolls for certain keywords that were no longer there. This caused an issue with the Death Save roll with the 5E OGL Companion API Script and also the Proficiency not updating along with the Class Level. These issues and any other related odd issues related to the Translator corrections should now be fixed.
SkyCaptainXIII said: Can we get an option to NOT display npc names when using a roll from the character sheet? Please and thank you. I want to roll in the open, but can't keep the name hidden while doing so. So is there any chance of getting this option added to npc sheets?

Edited 1489697859
fenrhir
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
OK, so, here's what I've found regarding spell slots tracking not properly working : Spell level is not stored on the sheet itself. Instead: attack spell level is retrieved from the spell attack unique ID (in updateAttack sheetworker). non attack spell level is never calculated nor retrieved in any way in updateSpell sheetworker (only appearance is when the spell level is calculated from the repeating spell category (eg "repeating_spell-6") and used to select the appropriate spell level range for the Higher Level query*, but the spell level variable is never defined outside this internal calculation). As a consequence: Attack spells are properly taken into account when spelltracking is ON/QUIET. But other (non attack) spells aren't taken into account when spelltracking is ON /QUIET. Other (non attack) spells rolltemplate can't display the spell level next to the spell school . Suggested workaround : add the proper spell level calculation within updateSpell, as in updateAttack . * : Note that I've not found when this is used, as I've never seen a non attack spell trigger this query.
Feature request: The ability to create a link in the text areas of the sheet would be great Example
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
SkyCaptainXIII said: SkyCaptainXIII said: Can we get an option to NOT display npc names when using a roll from the character sheet? Please and thank you. I want to roll in the open, but can't keep the name hidden while doing so. So is there any chance of getting this option added to npc sheets? I've said, I believe earlier in this very thread, that it's a feature I intend to include in the next major sheet update.
Ah my bad. I didn't see it. My searchfu is lacking. Thanks!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Brett M. said (over here ): Hi! I know certain game settings can now be globally changed from the Settings - Game Settings page, and I can see where to switch PC sheets to Always Whisper / Query / Never Whisper and I thought GMs had the ability to make the same global change to NPCs, but I can't see it. Sorry for the newbie question, but can this now be done for NPC sheets, and if so where? My thanks!
^^^^ Thanks  GenKitty

Edited 1489878155
Jay
Pro
Has anyone figured out what causes NPC sheets to have cut-off text? I imported one from the Compendium as a base for an enemy I made, but no matter what the text cuts itself off at the bottom of the page. This tends to happen mostly with attacks and abilities near the bottom. Even deleting the second entry or adjusting the text still has it get cut off. Here's an example taken from a sheet. "Rabblemaster's next turn." but turn is almost completely cut off, as is a section below it. This seems to happen at random and has happened to a few other NPC sheets. At one point I refreshed the page and fixed it, but the issue came back.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Got a couple of odd bugs turning up... 1) AC is climbing a lot higher than it would seem it should for Chainmail (rather like instead of replacing 10 with 16, Chain Mail is ADDING 16) 2) Encumbrance is ignoring Equipped or not.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Andrew (Halfling Gypsy) said: 1) AC is climbing a lot higher than it would seem it should for Chainmail (rather like instead of replacing 10 with 16, Chain Mail is ADDING 16) Ensure that the Global Armor Class Modifier is properly set to 0 by entering 0 into its field. Properly doing so will also force the AC to recalculate. 2) Encumbrance is ignoring Equipped or not. Items listed within the Equipment block are those which are stored on your character's person. "Equipped" items are those which are currently worn or wielded by your character, conferring any bonuses that are gained while those items are equipped (in fact, the Mods section only functions when the "Equipped" box is checked). The Treasure block on the Bio Page is better suited for recording items that are not on your usually character's person. Alternatively, the Simple inventory will not calculates weights automatically.
Steve K. said: Franky H. said: Joel P. said  here Hi, i'm trying to cast "Chill touch" using a macro in a 5e D&D game i'm in and nothing is coming up in chat. All it does is quite literally post in the chat nothing next to my name. I noticed it also happened with another spell called "Ray of Sickness" but all my other spells are working. any help? Can you provide a screen shot of what the spell's settings look like? The other thing you can do it after rolling the spell and getting nothing back, hit the up key and get the formula and paste that here too so we can further assist you. %{-KPMEmg2g8dKlILCp8Jo|repeating_attack_-KeUAmkVu3Ngu3N9HGUk_attack} this happens for both spells
Steve K. said: Franky H. said: Joel P. said  here Hi, i'm trying to cast "Chill touch" using a macro in a 5e D&D game i'm in and nothing is coming up in chat. All it does is quite literally post in the chat nothing next to my name. I noticed it also happened with another spell called "Ray of Sickness" but all my other spells are working. any help? Can you provide a screen shot of what the spell's settings look like? The other thing you can do it after rolling the spell and getting nothing back, hit the up key and get the formula and paste that here too so we can further assist you. and this is the screencap of the spell, everything is the same from the compendium apart from the damage which i changed because it wouldn't calculate it properly

Edited 1489946914
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Joel P. said: Steve K. said: The other thing you can do it after rolling the spell and getting nothing back, hit the up key and get the formula and paste that here too so we can further assist you. %{-KPMEmg2g8dKlILCp8Jo|repeating_attack_-KeUAmkVu3Ngu3N9HGUk_attack} Could you post the formula from the Attacks & Spellcasting block by following Steve's instructions again on the Core tab?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
GenKitty said: Brett M. said (over here ): Hi! I know certain game settings can now be globally changed from the Settings - Game Settings page, and I can see where to switch PC sheets to Always Whisper / Query / Never Whisper and I thought GMs had the ability to make the same global change to NPCs, but I can't see it. Sorry for the newbie question, but can this now be done for NPC sheets, and if so where? My thanks! Changes made to these default settings will apply to all new characters, NPC or PC.
I was looking to add one of the roll-able fields (specifically the first item in the "attacks & spelllcasting" section) as a roll-able token-macro. When I clicked and dragged it to the macro bar (thinking I could learn the macro name that way and then add it manually via the abilities tab), it came onto my macro bar even when i do not have the token selected. That's fine, but I would like to remove it now that I know the macro name... And there does not seem to be a way to do so. I tried right clicking it and going under the settings -> macro tab. How can I get this to go away?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Justin R. said: When I clicked and dragged it to the macro bar (thinking I could learn the macro name that way and then add it manually via the abilities tab), it came onto my macro bar even when i do not have the token selected. That's fine, but I would like to remove it now that I know the macro name... Drag and Drop Buttons can be removed by dragging the button out of the quick bar into open space, the button will turn red and then vanish when the mouse is released. (.gif demo here .)
FYI: want to know what a macro on your sheet is doing? Click on the macro in the sheet after the result shows in the chat click in the chat window and press the up arrow on the keyboard. This will show the macro that was just used.  Below is the output for Init roll from the 5e OGL sheet. @{Dragonborn Cleric L2|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{init-u}}} {{mod=[[@{Dragonborn Cleric L2|initiative_bonus}[INIT]]]}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Dragonborn Cleric L2|halflingluck}+[[@{Dragonborn Cleric L2|initiative_bonus}]][INIT] &{tracker}]]}} {{normal=1}} @{Dragonborn Cleric L2|charname_output}

Edited 1490119160
Silvyre said: Joel P. said: Steve K. said: The other thing you can do it after rolling the spell and getting nothing back, hit the up key and get the formula and paste that here too so we can further assist you. %{-KPMEmg2g8dKlILCp8Jo|repeating_attack_-KeUAmkVu3Ngu3N9HGUk_attack} Could you post the formula from the Attacks & Spellcasting block by following Steve's instructions again on the Core tab? @{Regius Pompus II|wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=+7}} {{rname=[Chill Touch](~-KPMEmg2g8dKlILCp8Jo|repeating_attack_-KeUAmkVu3Ngu3N9HGUk_attack_dmg)}} {{rnamec=[Chill Touch](~-KPMEmg2g8dKlILCp8Jo|repeating_attack_-KeUAmkVu3Ngu3N9HGUk_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Regius Pompus II|halflingluck}cs>20 + 4[INT] + 3[PROF]]]}} @{Regius Pompus II|rtype}@{Regius Pompus II|halflingluck}cs>20 + 4[INT] + 3[PROF]]]}} {{range=120ft}} {{desc=}} {{spelllevel=cantrip}} ammo= @{Regius Pompus II|charname_output} Ok so that actually works %{-KPMEmg2g8dKlILCp8Jo|repeating_attack_-KeUAmkVu3Ngu3N9HGUk_attack_dmg} But this still happens when i try to roll damage
Hey, just a general question. As a gm, I love that all these compendium entries and character sheets let you click to make these rolls, but is there any way to click these rolls BUT keep them invisible to players? I recently had a doppelganger, pretending to be someone else. I wanted to click his attack and damage rolls, but this would show my players that the attacks were coming from a doppelganger. Really kinda spoils the surprise.

Edited 1490204358
fenrhir
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Krextar said: Hey, just a general question. As a gm, I love that all these compendium entries and character sheets let you click to make these rolls, but is there any way to click these rolls BUT keep them invisible to players? I recently had a doppelganger, pretending to be someone else. I wanted to click his attack and damage rolls, but this would show my players that the attacks were coming from a doppelganger. Really kinda spoils the surprise. Change Whisper rolls to GM to Always or Query in the Settings Page of the NPC sheet. 
Well.. Thank you very much. That is what I wanted.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Joel P. said: @{Regius Pompus II|wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=+7}} {{rname=[Chill Touch](~-KPMEmg2g8dKlILCp8Jo|repeating_attack_-KeUAmkVu3Ngu3N9HGUk_attack_dmg)}} {{rnamec=[Chill Touch](~-KPMEmg2g8dKlILCp8Jo|repeating_attack_-KeUAmkVu3Ngu3N9HGUk_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Regius Pompus II|halflingluck}cs>20 + 4[INT] + 3[PROF]]]}} @{Regius Pompus II|rtype}@{Regius Pompus II|halflingluck}cs>20 + 4[INT] + 3[PROF]]]}} {{range=120ft}} {{desc=}} {{spelllevel=cantrip}} ammo= @{Regius Pompus II|charname_output} Ok so that actually works Does this spell display within the Text Chat when used from the Attacks & Spellcasting block? If not, does copying, pasting and entering that code into the Text Chat result in the spell with proper appearance? If not, do any errors appear in your Console Log after pressing one of the non-functional roll/command buttons? (If not, then perhaps we should look into investigating whether this is a Technical Issue . Let us know!)
Hello, is there way to easily apply Magic Weapon (Palladin spell) to my weapons? I was playing around with equipment MODS for Shield of Faith (Ac +1), but I couldn't find a list of equipment MODS available. Thanks.

Edited 1490261096
fenrhir
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
The N. said: Hello, is there way to easily apply Magic Weapon (Palladin spell) to my weapons? I was playing around with equipment MODS for Shield of Faith (Ac +1), but I couldn't find a list of equipment MODS available. Thanks. Not sure what you want to get. Just type "1" in the Magic Bonus field of the Attack, for the duration of the spell, and that's it.
The N. said: Hello, is there way to easily apply Magic Weapon (Palladin spell) to my weapons? I was playing around with equipment MODS for Shield of Faith (Ac +1), but I couldn't find a list of equipment MODS available. Thanks. Unfortunately, armor class is the only MODS currently available (Ac +X).

Edited 1490276943
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Kyle G. said: The N. said: Hello, is there way to easily apply Magic Weapon (Palladin spell) to my weapons? I was playing around with equipment MODS for Shield of Faith (Ac +1), but I couldn't find a list of equipment MODS available. Thanks. Unfortunately, armor class is the only MODS currently available (Ac +X). saving throws +X and spell attack +X are also available. I've just now added this information to the Wiki. spell attack+X won't work for weapons unless those weapons were created on the Spells Page.
Silvyre said: saving throws +X and spell attack +X are also available. I've just now added this information to the Wiki. spell attack+X won't work for weapons unless those weapons were created on the Spells Page. That is awesome! Thanks for adding that to the page. Does saving throws +X do the same as the GLOBAL SAVING THROWS MODIFIER or the SPELL SAVE DC MOD?
Ok, that's great information, thank you all for the replies!